Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

219,451 to 219,500 of 238,403 << first < prev | 4385 | 4386 | 4387 | 4388 | 4389 | 4390 | 4391 | 4392 | 4393 | 4394 | 4395 | next > last >>

A drummer had twin daughters. He named them Anna 1, Anna 2.

I'm not sure who's nekkid here.


I should go to the optometrist, but I think I'll wait until next year. It will be 2020 then.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Did you hear about the woman with 12 nipples? Sounds pretty crazy, dozen tit?


Think of a number between 5 and 15. Add 3. Multiply by 2. Subtract 4. Now close your eyes.

Dark isn't it?

The Exchange

I got the number 22. Anyway I'm looking at the advert pictures for free climbing classes organized by the SG Govt. It seems like everyone (agreed they are youths) in the photo looks reasonably fit.

I suppose people who are grossly overweight don't sign up for rock climbing classes...


number 22?


Vidmaster7 wrote:
number 22?

Sure. She started with 10.


K.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I was going to get a new video game the other day and I realized I wouldn't have any time to play one this winter (as soon as it starts getting warm outside I don't like to sit inside playing video games) so I didn't.

Also, isn't winter supposed to end at some point...


I do not think typically in February? (maybe its different where you are?)

I did not consult the ground hog this year.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

The groundhogs are lying little f%+*ers.

I will bathe the tundra with their blood.

If I had any free time, and the tundra wasn't buried under four feet of snow, and it seems like a lot of work.


captain yesterday wrote:

I was going to get a new video game the other day and I realized I wouldn't have any time to play one this winter (as soon as it starts getting warm outside I don't like to sit inside playing video games) so I didn't.

Also, isn't winter supposed to end at some point...

no.


Cap'n Yesterdays Winter Revenge wrote:

The groundhogs are lying little f$$%ers.

I will bathe the tundra with their blood.

If I had any free time, and the tundra wasn't buried under four feet of snow, and it seems like a lot of work.

OK that's funny right their I don't care who you are.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Vanykrye wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Just had a guy try to check in, but his card was declined. I told him it was declined and he said "I know. That card doesn't have any cash on it. Can you just give me the room and I'll pay cash in the morning." No, I need a valid card to hold the room, then you can pay cash in the morning. After begging a bit, he says "Well, does it have to be my card? I can give you someone else's." (What? Why do you have someone else's credit card?) And yes, it has to be your card. So he fiddles on his phone for a bit doing I don't know what, and then leaves.
you cant pay cash in your system? Something sounds off.
A lot of hotel chains are card only now. At least the nicer ones.
I wish we were. And even if you do pay cash at check-in, we are supposed to get a card and make sure it authorizes. Not every clerk does that, though.
that is nuts.

The card requirement at hotels, while aggravating, is so they can bill you after the fact for missing pillows, damage, and those select few who sew the drapes to the bed sheets.

It still poses a problem for people who want to use hard currency and not have a credit card bill in their lives.

Now...what's worse...try to rent a car without a credit card. I don't have a credit card. I do have a debit card, but for some car rental agencies, that's not good enough even though the funds are available. To me, *that's* insane.

Ive paid deposits on cars with cash before. Easy way to launder money.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
NobodysHome wrote:

So, I'm quickly learning to simply NOT use my antique iPhone for pictures, but here's a blurry picture of Impus Major in his new "look".

Yeah, it's the camera. I'll have to get a better shot some other time.

EDIT: For the fashion-conscious, the hat is the stupid-expensive one from the Dickens Faire (thoroughly cleaned), the leather jacket he found lying on the ground on Albany Hill, and the boots were an order GothBard made that didn't fit her at all, and he loves them...

Aw, look at him :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Woran wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Just had a guy try to check in, but his card was declined. I told him it was declined and he said "I know. That card doesn't have any cash on it. Can you just give me the room and I'll pay cash in the morning." No, I need a valid card to hold the room, then you can pay cash in the morning. After begging a bit, he says "Well, does it have to be my card? I can give you someone else's." (What? Why do you have someone else's credit card?) And yes, it has to be your card. So he fiddles on his phone for a bit doing I don't know what, and then leaves.
you cant pay cash in your system? Something sounds off.
A lot of hotel chains are card only now. At least the nicer ones.
I wish we were. And even if you do pay cash at check-in, we are supposed to get a card and make sure it authorizes. Not every clerk does that, though.
that is nuts.

The card requirement at hotels, while aggravating, is so they can bill you after the fact for missing pillows, damage, and those select few who sew the drapes to the bed sheets.

It still poses a problem for people who want to use hard currency and not have a credit card bill in their lives.

Now...what's worse...try to rent a car without a credit card. I don't have a credit card. I do have a debit card, but for some car rental agencies, that's not good enough even though the funds are available. To me, *that's* insane.

Ive paid deposits on cars with cash before. Easy way to launder money.

Mayhaps I shouldn't ask but do you have to launder money often?


3 people marked this as a favorite.

NobodysHome's Useless Complaints About Getting Older:
I used to be able to tell myself when to wake up. "Get up at 3:45 am!" and I'd wake up within 10 minutes of 3:45 am.

Nearly 20 years of time and 10 years of alcoholism have messed up my clock so much that last night I told myself, "Get up at 5:00 am!"
Woke up at 3:30 am. "Nope. Try again."
Woke up at 4:11 am. "Nope. Try harder."
Woke up at 4:34 am. "*SIGH*. Fine. I'll FaWtL before going in to work."

See y'all tomorrow, when I'm sure my body will mess me up again.

(And yes, for an 8:30 am appointment I need to leave the house at 6:00 am. I'll probably make it to the office by 7. But if I left at 7:00 am, I'd likely be late because traffic builds up that much that quickly.)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
NobodysHome wrote:

NobodysHome's Useless Complaints About Getting Older:

I used to be able to tell myself when to wake up. "Get up at 3:45 am!" and I'd wake up within 10 minutes of 3:45 am.

Nearly 20 years of time and 10 years of alcoholism have messed up my clock so much that last night I told myself, "Get up at 5:00 am!"
Woke up at 3:30 am. "Nope. Try again."
Woke up at 4:11 am. "Nope. Try harder."
Woke up at 4:34 am. "*SIGH*. Fine. I'll FaWtL before going in to work."

See y'all tomorrow, when I'm sure my body will mess me up again.

(And yes, for an 8:30 am appointment I need to leave the house at 6:00 am. I'll probably make it to the office by 7. But if I left at 7:00 am, I'd likely be late because traffic builds up that much that quickly.)

I remember learning that in Seattle.

Madison is the same way, if you take the beltline, otherwise it's not as bad, other than the bottleneck on the isthmus.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cap'n Yesterdays Winter Revenge wrote:

The groundhogs are lying little f#~~ers.

I will bathe the tundra with their blood.

If I had any free time, and the tundra wasn't buried under four feet of snow, and it seems like a lot of work.

Do It.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

The whole "cash" thing definitely has an East Coast/West Coast bent to it: Neither Shiro nor I carry any cash at all any more unless we're 100% sure we'll be at a place where we need it. GothBard carries $5 with her in case of tipping emergencies.

When I used to go back east (Chicago especially) I'd constantly see well-dressed men whip out cash clips of hundreds of dollars and ostentatiously and very publicly pay $500-$600 dinner bills in cash. Seemed like an invitation to get mugged to me, and sure enough, there was an article a year or two ago about how one of Chicago's last cash-only high-end restaurants had to hire security guards for its parking lot because its customers kept getting mugged.

Around here, the only two guys I know who use cash clips are both Italian men from back east. And they'll both freely admit: Part of their culture is that you demonstrate personal success by carrying around a large cash clip.

To me, I never understood how screaming, "Please mug me as soon as possible," demonstrates success...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Maybe it's a way of saying 'I don't care if you try and mug me. Try it, and you'll end up at the bottom of the Hudson'

Scarab Sages

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Forum Cartel wrote:
Woran wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Just had a guy try to check in, but his card was declined. I told him it was declined and he said "I know. That card doesn't have any cash on it. Can you just give me the room and I'll pay cash in the morning." No, I need a valid card to hold the room, then you can pay cash in the morning. After begging a bit, he says "Well, does it have to be my card? I can give you someone else's." (What? Why do you have someone else's credit card?) And yes, it has to be your card. So he fiddles on his phone for a bit doing I don't know what, and then leaves.
you cant pay cash in your system? Something sounds off.
A lot of hotel chains are card only now. At least the nicer ones.
I wish we were. And even if you do pay cash at check-in, we are supposed to get a card and make sure it authorizes. Not every clerk does that, though.
that is nuts.

The card requirement at hotels, while aggravating, is so they can bill you after the fact for missing pillows, damage, and those select few who sew the drapes to the bed sheets.

It still poses a problem for people who want to use hard currency and not have a credit card bill in their lives.

Now...what's worse...try to rent a car without a credit card. I don't have a credit card. I do have a debit card, but for some car rental agencies, that's not good enough even though the funds are available. To me, *that's* insane.

Ive paid deposits on cars with cash before. Easy way to launder money.
Mayhaps I shouldn't ask but do you have to launder money often?

Never. Of course.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

Its practically spring here in the netherlands.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Very_Simple_Commoner wrote:
Cap'n Yesterdays Winter Revenge wrote:

The groundhogs are lying little f$$%ers.

I will bathe the tundra with their blood.

If I had any free time, and the tundra wasn't buried under four feet of snow, and it seems like a lot of work.

OK that's funny right their I don't care who you are.

It's "there", because it's a place, even if it's an abstract idea of a place. "Their" is the possessive form. However, I'm going to let this all slide because you're a very simple commoner.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:


Actually dressing is also a bit of a science. You won't look good in everything. Some things will just look better on you then others. Like I don't pull off the colour yellow well, but I look good in dark colours such as dark blue, dark green, magenta, black, because of my fair(relatively) complexion. I'll note that I look better in dark green then dark blue, because some shades of navy can end up with me looking a little faded.

Body shape is also the same. Different styles emphasize different parts of your body - tubes emphasize every curve you have, so if you have any unsightly curves, it'll show up. Also, sometimes the blocky, muscular look for girls isn't so desirable, not that I'm there yet, but there are some leanings in that direction.

And Kjeldorn...I'm always hungry lol =P Om Nom Nom Nom Nom.

*Scratches head*

Yea I know I'm no dressing expert for sure, though since I'm a standard 'pale as a ghost' white guy I do tend to avoid amplifying it with light/pale colors and stay with deep and dark blues, greens and the like.
As for body shape…
Well since I'm rather girthy, with a sizable behind, I've found that baggy or stretchy clothes serves me best, as it conceals said girthiness.
(Yea its a lot of beating around the bush, probably should just flat out say I'm overweight, with quite the beer-belly) .

Tequila Sunrise wrote:
There is always some arm-twisting getting me to see a CGI film.

Yea…

I'm kind of like that too. While these movies are great for kids (and I'll watch em with kids), they often don't really capture me that well. I don't go that often to the movies, so if I'm going it for something I really, really, really want to see.
All that said, recently it will require even more arm-twisting to get me to see a Marvel/DC movie, as I'm suffering from sever super hero fatigue.

Woran wrote:
Kjeldorn wrote:


Woran wrote:
Jet lag has gotten me good. I feel real crap. I should get back to my play by posts, but reading more then 10 sentences and trying to be coherent is quite challenging.

*Sends nuzzles and pats to Woran too*

I hope you get over the laggy-ness quickly! Though I think your pbp peep could probably spare you for a couple of days, so waiting until you feel like you're back on your feet might be the best idea.

Jet lag is weird. Its a bit like having the flue. You feel tired and weak and you dont know if you're hungry or not.

I've actually never really suffered from jet lag (that I've recognized as such at least), but I do suffer a lot ear pressure pains when flying.

Still I hope you shake off the remaining laggy-ness quickly Woran.

*Sends back pats*

Woran wrote:
Its practically spring here in the netherlands.

Up here too.

Yesterday was wet and cold, so I dressed up for a cold day this morning...
Only to be greeted with high sun and spring like weather a couple of hours into my work day.

NobodysHome wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

So, I'm quickly learning to simply NOT use my antique iPhone for pictures, but here's a blurry picture of Impus Major in his new "look".

Yeah, it's the camera. I'll have to get a better shot some other time.

EDIT: For the fashion-conscious, the hat is the stupid-expensive one from the Dickens Faire (thoroughly cleaned), the leather jacket he found lying on the ground on Albany Hill, and the boots were an order GothBard made that didn't fit her at all, and he loves them...

he looks like it's not a good day to be a bad guy.

LOL. I think the opposite, and I'm just glad "A Clockwork Orange" is so far back in history that none of his peers have even heard of it...

Yea, I can kind of see the reference to AOC...

if It wasn't for his long hair (and clear glasses instead of sun glasses), I'd say there was a little bit of Major Arnold Ernst Toht (the Gestapo agent from Raiders of the lost Ark in there too.


Are people not understanding my reference re: the outfit? I thought someone would have picked up on it by now.


Freehold DM wrote:
Are people not understanding my reference re: the outfit? I thought someone would have picked up on it by now.

It's a phrase I've heard, sure, but I'm not recognizing your context, apparently.


Vanykrye wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Are people not understanding my reference re: the outfit? I thought someone would have picked up on it by now.
It's a phrase I've heard, sure, but I'm not recognizing your context, apparently.

he looks very much like a 90s goth kid, he would not be out of place at all at a midnight screening of the crow.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Oh, ok. The first thing I think of from The Crow is "Someone stuck his blades in all of his major organs in alphabetical order." (probably not the exact quote, working from memory)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
Oh, ok. The first thing I think of from The Crow is "Someone stuck his blades in all of his major organs in alphabetical order." (probably not the exact quote, working from memory)

my quote is more iconic, but yours is more memorable.


Hi, everyone.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Afternoon, John. I'd say "Good afternoon" except that I know you aren't on a tropical island somewhere.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I like to think somewhere there's an alternate timeline me sitting on a beach on a tropical island.


Vanykrye wrote:
Afternoon, John. I'd say "Good afternoon" except that I know you aren't on a tropical island somewhere.

Good call. I'm in Pittsburgh.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm on a tropical island, assuming that your definition of 'tropical' is a quite extraordinarily relaxed one.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Kjeldorn wrote:

Woran wrote:
Jet lag has gotten me good. I should get back to my play by posts, but reading more then 10 sentences and trying to be coherent is quite challenging
Kjeldorn wrote:

*Sends nuzzles and pats to Woran too*

I hope you get over the laggy-ness quickly! Though I think your pbp peep could probably spare you for a couple of days, so waiting until you feel like you're back on your feet might be the best idea.

Woran wrote:
Jet lag is weird. Its a bit like having the flue. You feel tired and weak and you dont know if you're hungry or not.
...

Little better today. Went back to work, so that tired me out. But I made it this 'late' with only falling asleep a liiiiiiiitle bit :P


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
Afternoon, John. I'd say "Good afternoon" except that I know you aren't on a tropical island somewhere.

but that wouldn't be a good afternoon.

The Exchange

To get jet lag you need to be flying to a different timezone.

Try to equalise yourself for air pressure by blowing out while pinching your nose and closing your mouth to get the pop in your ears.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Why more people on the tundra have dogs instead of cats.

As soon as I sat down I was covered in beagles.

You aren't getting cold with warm dogs surrounding you.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:
Afternoon, John. I'd say "Good afternoon" except that I know you aren't on a tropical island somewhere.
but that wouldn't be a good afternoon.

That's true.

All I have to do is wait a month and a half, it'll be just as humid as a tropical island.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

While it's been tiring with all the snow, I am grateful for it at the same time.

Also, I prefer having four seasons, it makes you appreciate the other three that much more.


Freehold DM wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:
Afternoon, John. I'd say "Good afternoon" except that I know you aren't on a tropical island somewhere.
but that wouldn't be a good afternoon.

Yeah, I've been to a tropical island.

It was f~&+ing hot and sweaty.

Give me spring or autumn in upstate NY any day.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I've been to San Diego, that's the closest I've been to a tropical island.


Vidmaster7 wrote:
*Nat 20! successfully resists urge to go into Jung's collective unconscious theory*

Theory shmeory. Just step into the Brain Tumbler here and I'll let you see the Collective Unconscious firsthand.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tequila Sunrise wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:
Afternoon, John. I'd say "Good afternoon" except that I know you aren't on a tropical island somewhere.
but that wouldn't be a good afternoon.

Yeah, I've been to a tropical island.

It was f+@~ing hot and sweaty.

Give me spring or autumn in upstate NY any day.

Ow. I live on a tropical island. On the other hand, any kind of moderate exertion in Arizona gets my nose clogged due to it being too dry and I can't breathe properly =(

It's like constant sniffles.

The Exchange

captain yesterday wrote:
I've been to San Diego, that's the closest I've been to a tropical island.

San Diego has great weather if a little chilly for my taste.

The Exchange

captain yesterday wrote:

While it's been tiring with all the snow, I am grateful for it at the same time.

Also, I prefer having four seasons, it makes you appreciate the other three that much more.

Looking at the dosh...makes me almost tempted to go snow run...though of course I have no idea how I'd be at it.


Just a Mort wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

While it's been tiring with all the snow, I am grateful for it at the same time.

Also, I prefer having four seasons, it makes you appreciate the other three that much more.

Looking at the dosh...makes me almost tempted to go snow run...though of course I have no idea how I'd be at it.

I think you should go just to find out what cold really is. No, it's not the coldest place in America, let alone on Earth, but it qualifies.


captain yesterday wrote:

While it's been tiring with all the snow, I am grateful for it at the same time.

Also, I prefer having four seasons, it makes you appreciate the other three that much more.

~GASP~ There are FOUR seasons? Since when? I thought there were only 1 & 1/2 seasons!


9 people marked this as a favorite.

Today was a weird day.

Whingey Wizzard had his Big Interview this morning, and while he said it was "excellent", they only promised him an answer by the weekend. So we wait, and I continue to be afraid to be optimistic about it, lest I jinx it by being happy/excited.

And today was a particularly awful day for a whole bunch of people I love.

not technically political unless you belong to the UMC, but...:

If you've seen a report on the news, you've probably heard about the special session of the general conference of the UMC in St. Louis this weekend, that ended today. For those of us with LGBTQI friends and family, the result was about as disheartening as you can get, and my entire congregation is currently discussing what it would mean for our congregation to break ranks from our jurisdiction and still be a church together without being part of the UMC. This is a really big deal. And I have three gay pastors (yes, three) in my family, so for me it's also personal.

219,451 to 219,500 of 238,403 << first < prev | 4385 | 4386 | 4387 | 4388 | 4389 | 4390 | 4391 | 4392 | 4393 | 4394 | 4395 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.