Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

217,751 to 217,800 of 235,819 << first < prev | 4351 | 4352 | 4353 | 4354 | 4355 | 4356 | 4357 | 4358 | 4359 | 4360 | 4361 | next > last >>

Tequila Sunrise wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

As a guy who is now expected to knock on a lot of doors every two years, I will say that you gotta get used to people rejecting any interaction. One time a guy literally just pointed at his "No solicitation" sign and closed his door on me.*

The only time I got a rude reaction was from someone I met in my neighborhood. She saw me knocking on doors, asked me who I was, I told her with a smile, and she replied "Solicitation isn't allowed in this neighborhood." I was 99% sure she was blowing smoke, but just to make sure I called our HOA, and sure enough "no solicitation" just means "no selling stuff door to door." Still not sure if she was trying to discourage a young Democratic PC from making neighborhood friends, or if she's just a busybody.

*Yeah, I ignore those signs. I knock on doors to talk, not to sell, and some people are happy to talk even if they have a sign.

So is there a sign I could put up that basically said, "I do not want to talk to you about anything?"

Commission a sign that says just that.

Even better, have it specifically enumerate the common causes:

I am NOT interested in your religion.

I am NOT interested in your politics.

I am NOT interested in your cause.

I am NOT interested in your product.

I am NOT interested in your fundraiser.

Nothing's foolproof o' course, but it should cut down on the knocks, and it'll make you feel justified in a Red Foreman "...jack@ss!" as you close the door on the ones that ignore it.

** spoiler omitted **

What's funny is that during the political season I print out and put up almost exactly that sign, and it works remarkably well.

The issue is the people who somehow think they're too cute/charming/entitled to be beholden to a sign. Girl Scouts and

Possibly A Political Issue For Some:
"Disadvantaged" young men coming to your door selling magazine subscriptions. Oh, boy! Living next to Berkeley we get a horde of those guys every year. And I just will shut up at that point.


John Napier 698 wrote:
*Man hugs Kjel, again*

*Happily returns the man hug to John*

Hope you're during alright over there in the frozen wastelands of America?
(Don't know how hard Pittsburgh have been hit by the cold ^^')


Cover Turtle wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
*Man hugs Kjel, again*

*Happily returns the man hug to John*

Hope you're during alright over there in the frozen wastelands of America?
(Don't know how hard Pittsburgh have been hit by the cold ^^')

The other day, -5 degrees F, -25 degrees F windchill.


Or, to simplify TS' list: Whatever it is, the answer is NO.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

If nothing crashes before, I'll be GMing Star Wars on Monday! Yay!

I haven't GMed in half a year... I run a single session in 2018 :(

I hope this one will go better (as parts of our regular Monday group are getting busy soon - a teacher and a teenage theatrical group instructor).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
Or, to simplify TS' list: Whatever it is, the answer is NO.

Would it be a problem for you to give me $10,000?


Drejk wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Or, to simplify TS' list: Whatever it is, the answer is NO.
Would it be a problem for you to give me $10,000?

In that case, the answer would be: No thank you. I'm not interested.


Drejk wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Or, to simplify TS' list: Whatever it is, the answer is NO.
Would it be a problem for you to give me $10,000?

What's funny is that this got me to thinking: If someone offered that I could pay them $10,000, and I would never again receive an unsolicited phone call, e-mail, snail mail, or visitor at the door...

...I'd pay it in a heartbeat.

EDIT: Without moving to a shack in Nepal, Freehold!


Cover Turtle wrote:
SV -> I'm staring starving g%+ d#+nit! and you, a living snack, keep prancing around me like you own the place?! F@*& it! *Glomp!*

FTFM...

^^'

John Napier 698 wrote:
Cover Turtle wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
*Man hugs Kjel, again*

*Happily returns the man hug to John*

Hope you're during alright over there in the frozen wastelands of America?
(Don't know how hard Pittsburgh have been hit by the cold ^^')

The other day, -5 degrees F, -25 degrees F windchill.

That's still really harsh.

*Packs up some scotch, extra hot ramen cups and a spare cover in a giftasket for John*

I hope everything else okay is over there...that you and your family is doing alright.

*Back pats John*

Yawns.

Time for a turtle nap...
If I don't wake up in 30min, coughing up a lung and choking on mucus again (again)...
*Grumbles*

Nighty night.


Good night, Kjel. Good night, everyone. Clocking out.


I'm back!


...Well Imma go read then.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Had a mandatory meeting at work this afternoon. Was supposed to be 45 minutes to an hour. Instead it was about two hours and fifteen minutes. And none of it really mattered.


Yeah I hate our meetings they are always in the middle of the day when I would be asleep and almost none of it applies to me.


Yep.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
NobodysHome wrote:
Drejk wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Or, to simplify TS' list: Whatever it is, the answer is NO.
Would it be a problem for you to give me $10,000?

What's funny is that this got me to thinking: If someone offered that I could pay them $10,000, and I would never again receive an unsolicited phone call, e-mail, snail mail, or visitor at the door...

...I'd pay it in a heartbeat.

EDIT: Without moving to a shack in Nepal, Freehold!

When we lived in Seattle I put my name in to win one of those cars they have in the malls. So, two weeks later I get a call from some guy saying I won a vacation to Oakland (which is how I knew it was a trap, even having grown up in the Midwest I knew Oakland was no vacation) but I just said "No, I just wanted the car".


I win free cruises all the time all I have to do is give the nice man my credit card number over the phone...


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

They kept calling back with these different trips to places like Vegas (I don't gamble, or buffet), or Los Angeles (we were just there before moving to Seattle) but I just told them I ONLY wanted the car every time, eventually they gave up.


Sounds like a free trip all it will cost you is your identity!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Vidmaster7 wrote:
I win free cruises all the time all I have to do is give the nice man my credit card number over the phone...

I'll never get on a cruise ship! F%*& that! You might as well spend your vacation lounging in a pool of s+@#, it's probably cleaner.


captain yesterday wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
I win free cruises all the time all I have to do is give the nice man my credit card number over the phone...
I'll never get on a cruise ship! F%&+ that! You might as well spend your vacation lounging in a pool of s*+$, it's probably cleaner.

Never been on a cruise was curious. They do a heavy metal cruise with like a few metal bands that preform every night. (the last one had one of my favorite metal bands Sabaton) I did always like the idea of a trip where I never had to look at the expense while I was vacationing that everything was taken care of.

Are they known for being that unhygienic?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Vidmaster7 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
I win free cruises all the time all I have to do is give the nice man my credit card number over the phone...
I'll never get on a cruise ship! F%&+ that! You might as well spend your vacation lounging in a pool of s*+$, it's probably cleaner.

Never been on a cruise was curious. They do a heavy metal cruise with like a few metal bands that preform every night. (the last one had one of my favorite metal bands Sabaton) I did always like the idea of a trip where I never had to look at the expense while I was vacationing that everything was taken care of.

Are they known for being that unhygienic?

Yes, big time! Just do a search for "Norovirus" or "hundreds sickened on cruise ship".


captain yesterday wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
I win free cruises all the time all I have to do is give the nice man my credit card number over the phone...
I'll never get on a cruise ship! F%&+ that! You might as well spend your vacation lounging in a pool of s*+$, it's probably cleaner.

Never been on a cruise was curious. They do a heavy metal cruise with like a few metal bands that preform every night. (the last one had one of my favorite metal bands Sabaton) I did always like the idea of a trip where I never had to look at the expense while I was vacationing that everything was taken care of.

Are they known for being that unhygienic?

Yes, big time! Just do a search for "Norovirus" or "hundreds sickened on cruise ship".

Hmm Interesting. I was always more concerned about the whole sinking part of cruises.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Yes, there's also that.

Boats and bridges are two of my biggest fears.


At least you still have planes trains and automobiles mostly.

Just watch out for John Candy.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Afraid of heights, so planes are mostly out, not completely because of their convenience, but definitely not my first choice.


captain yesterday wrote:
Afraid of heights, so planes are mostly out, not completely because of their convenience, but definitely not my first choice.

Travel with you could be complicated.

Its sort of like your a vampire that can't cross running water.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Vidmaster7 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Afraid of heights, so planes are mostly out, not completely because of their convenience, but definitely not my first choice.
Travel with you could be complicated.

It's super easy! Just let me drive.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Vidmaster7 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Afraid of heights, so planes are mostly out, not completely because of their convenience, but definitely not my first choice.

Travel with you could be complicated.

Its sort of like your a vampire that can't cross running water.

Don't assume that because I'm afraid of something I won't do it. :-)

Edit: I drove over the Golden Gate bridge and the Tacoma Narrows bridge multiple times and drove over Loveland Pass, one of the highest passes through the Rockies.


captain yesterday wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Afraid of heights, so planes are mostly out, not completely because of their convenience, but definitely not my first choice.
Travel with you could be complicated.
It's super easy! Just let me drive.

That works! I hate driving. I'd much rather handle shotgun and the music!

Road Trip!

Also can you prove your not a vampire? I mean I've never seen you and the sun in the same place at the same time.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Vidmaster7 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Afraid of heights, so planes are mostly out, not completely because of their convenience, but definitely not my first choice.
Travel with you could be complicated.
It's super easy! Just let me drive.

That works! I hate driving. I'd much rather handle shotgun and the music!

Road Trip!

We always followed the star ship roles when in a car, driver is pilot/captain, front passenger, navigator, back passengers, Chief of security and science officer.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Cover Turtle wrote:

Still somewhat annoyed, knackered and depressed.

And as the cheery on top, I've gotten a terrible cold. Mucus everywhere. Should probably walk around with a bucket around my neck as its currently that bad. *Grumbles and coughs*

Ugh, get well soon. I know how it felt. I had it recently. I figured id just plug a hose into my nostrils and have it end in a bucket as there was no stopping the flood.


captain yesterday wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Afraid of heights, so planes are mostly out, not completely because of their convenience, but definitely not my first choice.
Travel with you could be complicated.
It's super easy! Just let me drive.

That works! I hate driving. I'd much rather handle shotgun and the music!

Road Trip!

We always followed the star ship roles when in a car, driver is pilot/captain, front passenger, navigator, back passengers, Chief of security and science officer.

... But who has to wear the red shirt?..


captain yesterday wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Drejk wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Or, to simplify TS' list: Whatever it is, the answer is NO.
Would it be a problem for you to give me $10,000?

What's funny is that this got me to thinking: If someone offered that I could pay them $10,000, and I would never again receive an unsolicited phone call, e-mail, snail mail, or visitor at the door...

...I'd pay it in a heartbeat.

EDIT: Without moving to a shack in Nepal, Freehold!

When we lived in Seattle I put my name in to win one of those cars they have in the malls. So, two weeks later I get a call from some guy saying I won a vacation to Oakland (which is how I knew it was a trap, even having grown up in the Midwest I knew Oakland was no vacation) but I just said "No, I just wanted the car".

Hey! Oakland has some nice places!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
I win free cruises all the time all I have to do is give the nice man my credit card number over the phone...
I'll never get on a cruise ship! F%&+ that! You might as well spend your vacation lounging in a pool of s*+$, it's probably cleaner.

Never been on a cruise was curious. They do a heavy metal cruise with like a few metal bands that preform every night. (the last one had one of my favorite metal bands Sabaton) I did always like the idea of a trip where I never had to look at the expense while I was vacationing that everything was taken care of.

Are they known for being that unhygienic?

We tried to get tickets for the Sabaton cruise.

I think it's impossible for someone in the U.S. GothBard went to the site the moment they went on sale and within 2 minutes they were sold out before she could get in.

I blame intercontinental internet lag. Because why not?


If you want to look at the bright side of this winter's bizarre weather fluxes, here in California we're alternating between "balmy" 65°F days and inches of pouring rain, putting many feet of snow in the Sierras and giving us a decent water supply again.

I'll take it, plastic wrap on the roof and all!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Scared Table wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Afraid of heights, so planes are mostly out, not completely because of their convenience, but definitely not my first choice.
Travel with you could be complicated.
It's super easy! Just let me drive.

That works! I hate driving. I'd much rather handle shotgun and the music!

Road Trip!

We always followed the star ship roles when in a car, driver is pilot/captain, front passenger, navigator, back passengers, Chief of security and science officer.
... But who has to wear the red shirt?..

No one, that's what the car frog is for.

The Exchange

Cover Turtle! Go get some drowsy cold medicine! At least that type seems more effective. And sleeping is probably how you should spend your time while you're sick.

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Anyway the good news is I set a new personal best at 5km (3.1 miles) for 29 min 30 secs, quite a bit faster then the previous one at 32 min 15 secs. Thanks to a super fit grandpa. I mean he's probably nearing 70, and I was chasing him all the way(he even nicely slowed down his pace for me on the last lap). I suspect if he wanted to, he could probably have used my first lap pace ALL THE WAY, which means I have no chance of actually chasing up to him.

He suggested after that I should pace myself better and exercise more ;) Well if for constant pace my 2nd lap pace is sustainable, but not particularly fast.

Also I used Cover Turtle's whip on my BF. He ran (if slowly) the 2.4 km, but bit me after. I'll take the bites.


captain yesterday wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Afraid of heights, so planes are mostly out, not completely because of their convenience, but definitely not my first choice.
Travel with you could be complicated.
It's super easy! Just let me drive.

Okay Dean


Just a Mort wrote:


Also I used Cover Turtle's whip on my BF. He ran (if slowly) the 2.4 km, but bit me after. I'll take the bites.

I like where this is going.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I always whether our Fluffernutter is just a complete idiot, or a "concretist" -- "If I do not personally touch it, it does not exist, despite the evidence of my own senses."

Whenever it's pouring rain around here, you can see it. You can hear it. You can smell it. None of that matters.

As on every morning, she imperiously meows and demands to be let out. I let her out. Into the pouring rain. She gets rained on. She comes back in. She shuts up.

Every single time it rains.

Idiot kitty.


Dense fog advisory my phone warned me.

Is that why I couldn't see this morning.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
NobodysHome wrote:

I always whether our Fluffernutter is just a complete idiot, or a "concretist" -- "If I do not personally touch it, it does not exist, despite the evidence of my own senses."

Whenever it's pouring rain around here, you can see it. You can hear it. You can smell it. None of that matters.

As on every morning, she imperiously meows and demands to be let out. I let her out. Into the pouring rain. She gets rained on. She comes back in. She shuts up.

Every single time it rains.

Idiot kitty.

Silly kitty


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Crookshanks and I are taking a bus downtown to take pictures of the frozen lake and to bring teddywedgers home to share.


What are teddywedgers?

Is she a milkmaid?

Please let her be a milkmaid.


Vidmaster7 wrote:
I win free cruises all the time all I have to do is give the nice man my credit card number over the phone...

Uh, if it's free why would they need your credit card number?!


Vidmaster7 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
I win free cruises all the time all I have to do is give the nice man my credit card number over the phone...
I'll never get on a cruise ship! F%&+ that! You might as well spend your vacation lounging in a pool of s*+$, it's probably cleaner.

Never been on a cruise was curious. They do a heavy metal cruise with like a few metal bands that preform every night. (the last one had one of my favorite metal bands Sabaton) I did always like the idea of a trip where I never had to look at the expense while I was vacationing that everything was taken care of.

Are they known for being that unhygienic?

Yes, big time! Just do a search for "Norovirus" or "hundreds sickened on cruise ship".
Hmm Interesting. I was always more concerned about the whole sinking part of cruises.

I was always more concerned about the motion sickness.


Vidmaster7 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Afraid of heights, so planes are mostly out, not completely because of their convenience, but definitely not my first choice.
Travel with you could be complicated.
It's super easy! Just let me drive.

That works! I hate driving. I'd much rather handle shotgun and the music!

Road Trip!

Also can you prove your not a vampire? I mean I've never seen you and the sun in the same place at the same time.

He might have been on some of those landscaping work videos in the sun.

Might.

We don't know for sure...

217,751 to 217,800 of 235,819 << first < prev | 4351 | 4352 | 4353 | 4354 | 4355 | 4356 | 4357 | 4358 | 4359 | 4360 | 4361 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.