Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

215,251 to 215,300 of 232,781 << first < prev | 4301 | 4302 | 4303 | 4304 | 4305 | 4306 | 4307 | 4308 | 4309 | 4310 | 4311 | next > last >>

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Hey, everybody!

Happy holidays, and such.

Bye, everybody!

EDIT: hellzyeahhh!!!


Well, now I'm glad that I didn't see the movie. I'd have hated to complain loudly what a waste of money that movie was.


Happy New Year, Syrus!


I hope you feel better soon, Vidmaster.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Happy New Year, everyone.


About to clock out. Tags Vid in. Good night, everyone.


Happy New Year, John.

Sovereign Court

It is nearly midnight.

It is 60* F (15.5* C). This is down from about an hour ago when it was 68* (20* C).

Happy New Year! Kick Winter to the curb!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Happy New Year folks!
First FaWtL post of the (EST) New Year!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Not only do I get a rookie, he was recruited via Facebook.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Not only do I get a rookie, he was recruited via Facebook.

Could be worse. They could have found him on Tinder.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

To answer questions. They think it was a small blockage and the morphine helped it relax and get through. They said if I avoid fatty foods its less likely to happen again or alternatively if it gets more severe they will remove it. as of right now no pain except for maybe some soreness. and i took the night of work because yeah.


I can always tell when someone is lying just by looking at them. I can also tell when they are standing or sitting.


If I had a dime for all the times I didn't know what was going on, I'd be like "Why are y'all giving me all these dimes?".


A large wooden stake in the ground...

(The rest of this post was removed as it might cause a fence)


Why couldn't the toilet paper cross the road? Because it was stuck in the crack.


Why did the partially-blind man fall in the well? Because he didn't see that well.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

HAPPY NEW YEAR


2 people marked this as a favorite.

happy new year peoples!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Happy New Year EveryFaWtL !!!

I hope you are all well and kickin'

The Treeford has been closed down :-(


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I'm kicking ass.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
I'm kicking ass.

I'm assuming you mean the new guy's ass.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

And he already quit, at 3:45 this morning.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
And he already quit, at 3:45 this morning.

You kicked his ass to hard.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Stop.

Spinning.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Anyway, I made a new personal record today. Did 5 km at 32 min 15 sec, better then previous personal best of 32 min 39 secs. My BF, at the pace I set managed to get 1.2 km before he ended up flat, even with whipping.

You see the problem is I'm not trained in seeing if a person is really flat or not, so how do you know if a person is skiving while running or that person really ran out of stamina?

I'd take what my BF says about his running stamina at face value, of course.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Happy New Year, FaWtLites!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I'd love to say that I was resolved to be less shallow and eat healthier this year, but no, I'm starting the first morning of 2019 by dyeing my roots and then making waffles.

The Exchange

I guess I don't have to worry about running out of stamina for 5km + 2.4 km. I can pull off both with a break in between(and not worry about conserving energy during the 5 km portion), probably if I were willing to take a slower pace, maybe without breaks at all...

The Exchange

Vidmaster7 wrote:
To answer questions. They think it was a small blockage and the morphine helped it relax and get through. They said if I avoid fatty foods its less likely to happen again or alternatively if it gets more severe they will remove it. as of right now no pain except for maybe some soreness. and i took the night of work because yeah.

Do you have to constantly take morphine to help it relax?

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Vidmaster7 wrote:

Oh thats good I like it. I wanna try.

Today I battle the great beast gallbladder with the help of the powerful wizard Morphine the numb. It turned out the beast just had a rock stuck in an uncomfortable place me and morphine help the beast and it agreed to stop terrorizing the country side as long as I cut back on fatty foods.

Good luck! Gall stones are horrible.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

And happy new year everyone!


Just a Mort wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
To answer questions. They think it was a small blockage and the morphine helped it relax and get through. They said if I avoid fatty foods its less likely to happen again or alternatively if it gets more severe they will remove it. as of right now no pain except for maybe some soreness. and i took the night of work because yeah.
Do you have to constantly take morphine to help it relax?

God no one it was out it was out. I did not care for that stuff everything I wanted to say skipped my brain and went right to my mouth. I did not care for the sensation and don't know how people get addicted to that stuff.

The Exchange

So the gallstone was out? How big was it? Ok that is beginning to sound rather morbid.


Qiu, Autumn Court Herald wrote:

It is nearly midnight.

It is 60* F (15.5* C). This is down from about an hour ago when it was 68* (20* C).

Happy New Year! Kick Winter to the curb!

Say what now?


lisamarlene wrote:

I'd love to say that I was resolved to be less shallow and eat healthier this year, but no, I'm starting the first morning of 2019 by dyeing my roots and then making waffles.

you dont need to dye your hair. Your hair remains its original color.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Happy New Year, all! Here’s hoping for a better 2019 than 2018! Love you guys and praying for you! God bless you!

Shadow Lodge

Freehold DM wrote:
Qiu, Autumn Court Herald wrote:

It is nearly midnight.

It is 60* F (15.5* C). This is down from about an hour ago when it was 68* (20* C).

Happy New Year! Kick Winter to the curb!

Say what now?

Truth. 63* now.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ooooghieoooghieoooh, I stare into my crystal balls and see visions of That Which May Come To Pass.

In the Year of Our Lord 2019,
Then shall Barney the Dinosaur become a US Marine
And progress north to the 49th Parallel,
At which point he will be boiled in caramel.

The Pink Ram of Luxembourg will be born in Fort Knox,
And the Father of Jade will find the Cave of Lost Socks,
And the Book of the Gravel Pope will emerge in Burgundy
And Kym Kardashian will at last change her undies.

Upon the Rhine great beans will be seen to grow,
With leaves of gold and flowers white as snow
At this the Holy Roman Emperor will whoop,
And order the river boiled to make soup.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Visenta Lhen, the scholar-princess

Scarab Sages

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

Starting the new job tomorrow. Pretty nervous!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

1) Fact - Shivering burns more calories than sweating
2) Fact - Shivering does not stink
3) Fact - Sweating stinks (not just the BO from endocrine sweat, but pure water sweat still stinks - ask anyone who's had a classroom full of elementary kids after P.E. - I used to dread that)
4) Fact - You can always put on more clothes if you are cold
5) Fact - When you are naked and still hot, you cannot take off clothes
6) Fact - It takes less energy to forcefully heat a room than to forcefully cool one
7) Fact - Wind makes the cold worse
8) Fact - Walls and/or a freaking windbreaker stops the wind
9) Fact - Humidity makes the heat worse
10) Fact - Nothing short of an air conditioner or dehumidifier helps with humidity

Cold > Hot

Deal with it. #TeamFreehold


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
gran rey de los mono wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
I'm kicking ass.
I'm assuming you mean the new guy's ass.

Nope, snow.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Also, comfort range for humans is on average 68-72*F (20-22*C).

Humans have lived in Antarctica, where temperatures vary from 14*F to -112*F (-10*C to -80*C). Using our technology and, you know, f$~@ing clothes, we've managed to survive with little issue for research purposes and such.

Can't think of anything short of strapping a portable air conditioner on our back that would let us survive the opposite side of the spectrum, since it's DAMN NEAR BOILING WATER temperatures.

Look at captain yesterday. The man walks around in shorts at like 25*F. Nobody you know could wear a parka in 120*F.

Although I'm certain he's a low-power X-Men style mutant with cold resistance and the ability to shapeshift into various pop-culture references with long hair.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Amount of snow we got: 3 inches

Length of my snow run: 17.5 hours.

Number of snowblowers I broke: 1

Amount of hours before the professional frisbee golfer: 5 hours and 45 minutes

Ounces of coffee I drank: 40 oz

Length of time I've been awake: 34 hours straight and counting (my record is 56 consecutive hours)

Number of sleep deprived hallucinations I've had, so far: 2 (the first one it looked like the blower part of the snowblower was a dog's head, another time I saw a non existent car).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
The Vagrant Erudite wrote:

Also, comfort range for humans is on average 68-72*F (20-22*C).

Humans have lived in Antarctica, where temperatures vary from 14*F to -112*F (-10*C to -80*C). Using our technology and, you know, f~#+ing clothes, we've managed to survive with little issue for research purposes and such.

Can't think of anything short of strapping a portable air conditioner on our back that would let us survive the opposite side of the spectrum, since it's DAMN NEAR BOILING WATER temperatures.

Look at captain yesterday. The man walks around in shorts at like 25*F. Nobody you know could wear a parka in 120*F.

Although I'm certain he's a low-power X-Men style mutant with cold resistance and the ability to shapeshift into various pop-culture references with long hair.

I'm actually *more* resilient to heat then cold.

I would sell you all for a 90 degree day.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I can stand heat, but not the light and I have a pointy twisted canine that looks like a teeny weeny fang in humanoid shape. I eat raw garlic(pass the soy sauce, please), have a reflection in the mirror, and if you brandished a crucifix at me I might grab it saying shiny.

Vidmaster7 don't look:

I like the taste of blood, and my idea of a good steak is blue.

I am very vulnerable to cold weather though. And am not comfortable at 20-22 degrees.

Scarab Sages

Tequila Sunrise wrote:

@ I'm Hiding:

** spoiler omitted **

Politics:
I've always been incredibly frustrated by "both-sides-ism", and celebrated inwardly when that block finally started being broken through - except NOW, suddenly, it HAS become true (or rather, unavoidably apparent)! It's like a J. K. Rowling plot-twist: It makes sense ex post facto, but it's abrupt as all blue hell, and leaves you kind of standing there going "wha, seriously???".

If this is only a few years old to you, that's a hell of a gap: My mind has been pathologically glued to all this for no less than the past 19 years...and now it feels like it's suddenly being rewritten from right under my feet! I would NEVER EVER EVER have been accused of "sounding both-sidesy" before. I can no longer tell what's an INTERNAL/personal problem and what's an EXTERNAL/social problem.

The Exchange

Woran wrote:
Starting the new job tomorrow. Pretty nervous!

Good luck, Woran!

215,251 to 215,300 of 232,781 << first < prev | 4301 | 4302 | 4303 | 4304 | 4305 | 4306 | 4307 | 4308 | 4309 | 4310 | 4311 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.