Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

210,451 to 210,500 of 240,495 << first < prev | 4205 | 4206 | 4207 | 4208 | 4209 | 4210 | 4211 | 4212 | 4213 | 4214 | 4215 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Vagrant Erudite wrote:
The others in this training group...there are a few...ill boding signs...

For them, or for you about the job?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Scintillae wrote:
Counselor dropped in on our department meeting to let us know that our English score average on the ACT had gone up this past test from our school's lowest to one of the highest. So I'm apparently doing something right.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOICANTSTOPPLEASESENDHELPOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOO

Help is on the way.

x = −b ± √(b2 − 4ac) 2a
y = ax2 + bx + c

OOOOOOOO-AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Don't forget the Y-Wings! By the way, did you watch the video I PMd you about?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

U.S. colleges are interesting that way.

I went to U.C. Berkeley as a Physics major, convinced I was going to be a high school physics teacher. The prereqs to get a degree in Physics were 3 years of math courses. It was a no-brainer to take the half-dozen or so additional math courses required to graduate with a double major.

And hoo, boy! Physics gets worse and worse as you go up in level ("What do you mean, you expanded that as an infinite series without checking any of the requirements, then dropped some of the infinite terms as 'inconvenient' and kept others?"), while math gets better and better ("OK. Let's go back to the beginning. Just how do you know that what you've learned is even true? What are the underlying assumptions we're making? Do we really need them? Let's take a look-see and see whether we have feet of clay.").

Hey! You mentioned college. And yesterday you mentioned I. majori being a Senior. College plans? I still think of him as a kid that I forget he's darned near an adult now.

Also, did that AP book *ever* get there? The last tracking data I have says it went through Oakland on the 7th, but no record of delivery. If it didn't, I need to figure out who to go yell at.

(1) It just arrived.

(2) You are a very silly, silly person.

I 100% understand, and I would do the same. But still...

A) the new one was five bucks.

B) after over a year of use with kids, there were pages falling out and mystery smudges.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:

Tired.

Youngest decided to have super-mushy poopy all weekend long. Stomach cramps, fevers, nasty, nasty back-end releases... all in one! Also, though he was "better," because he had a mild fever the night before, he had to stay home on Monday. Tuesday (today!) he returned! Woohoo! Freedom!

... and now my Eldest is having stomach cramps and those not-quite-barfs and cuddling a bucket. Wheeeeeeeeeeee~!

So, though it was pretty big, it was only one real vomit (though a couple of near-misses, and some generally unpleasant feelin's in the intestinal area), and that was seemingly a long, sleepless that, but then my Youngest decided it would be a great day to have a fever. And then my Eldest agreed with him! The brothers are in perfect harmony!

... dangit.

Hope the little chaps get well soon!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
Don't forget the Y-Wings! By the way, did you watch the video I PMd you about?

not yet will watch after second job.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Vagrant Erudite wrote:

Just call me the hammer, cause I nailed that s&&~.

Back in for training class in two hours. Not a great job, but a job.

So what's the job about if you don't mind me asking?

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

All right. Time to shepherd my office colleagues up the transport. Hopefully we won't get idiots who were late like the last time...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
That's a daily achievement. Rivoli's is probably a touch expensive on an every night basis.

Now you've got me all curious. Dinner for the 4 of us, 365.2422 days a year...

...somewhere in the neighborhood of $146,096.88.

Yeah, I think there's a reason it's more of a, "Once every couple of months, alternating between NH and Shiro paying, with Hi surprising us on occasion" affair.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Vikings sound fun! Frankly if I were studying history I'd study more ancient then modern, but I'm generally watching fluffy critters on nat Geo wild. Or watching nat Geo people eating all around the world. I don't usually watch history Channel.

There's a saying "People who do not study history are doomed to repeat it." Id counter that people who study history still repeat it anyway. If wars were that bad(World War 1), why the heck do nations engage in more(World War 2)?

You're not telling me all those nations forgot to study history?

Yes I know, it was the unfair terms of the treaty of Treaty of Versailles, blah blah blah, but the general gist is there.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well the Amazon channel has Slings and Arrows, but for some reason it won't play. :(

Also, do not watch Oliver Stone's Untold History of the U.S. if you don't like being enraged at lies, stupidity, fear, and greed. >:(

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Nooo Yoga instructor is on leave - no sunrise yoga at 5.30 am in morning =( Need to find other entertainment...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

How about self-directed exercises? You already know the foms, right? Do the exercises as if the instructor was there.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
Hey, Freehold! *points* Look, Y-Wings!

AAAAAAAAAH-YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Just a Mort wrote:
Nooo Yoga instructor is on leave - no sunrise yoga at 5.30 am in morning =( Need to find other entertainment...

Get a post hole digger and dig some post holes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It's almost nine, and I'm a bit tired. Though the two cans of Michelob that I had with dinner may have something to do with it. Good night, everyone. See you Tomorrow.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Trying out amazon wardrobe.

My vanity makes me refuse to buy pants above a certain size, and I have some evidence that companies have shifted production of pants to different countries and now one size means another, despite what my fitting at mens wearhouse said.

Let's see how this works.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Good luck! Remember, we're all counting on you!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:

Of course, I'm a colossal nerd. I collect foreign-language dictionaries, and I lettered in scholars' bowl.

...I just like knowing things, okay?

My high school didn't let us letter in scholar bowl or else I definitely would have. I did however letter in WYSE.

(Technically I lettered in it twice because the first year it was called JETS {Junior Engineering and Technological Society or something like that}, but then they expanded and renamed it, so I got a second letter.)


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Scintillae wrote:

My job today is mostly reading paragraphs aloud to deliberately enunciate spelling/punctuation errors.

"Ms. Scint, does this look okay?"

Ms. Scint, does this make me look fat?

Ms. Scint, does this look infected?

Scarab Sages

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

I have 4 new rats, from a rodent rescue. They are so handsome <3


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Do you want rats! Because that's how you get rats! Barry! You a~*+@!@!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yay, Barry!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

That is sooo classic Archer!!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You're not my supervisor!!!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

It's going to be a "warm" one today! How do I know? Because it's not even 7 am here and it's already 21 degrees!

Why with the sun out, it might get up to 40 degrees!!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I love winter. Makes the sun far more bearable. Even necessary on some days.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I just want snow, lots and lots of snow.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
I love winter. Makes the sun far more bearable. Even necessary on some days.

Winter actually makes the sun worse here. I live west of my school, and the time change means that while it's no longer the pitch-dark of pre-sunrise, the sun is now directly in the middle of my field of vision as I drive to work in the mornings...and I'm too short for my car's visor to do anything about it. Sunglasses and squinting, all day erry day. sigh


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
I just want snow, lots and lots of snow.

marries captain yesterday


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
I love winter. Makes the sun far more bearable. Even necessary on some days.
Winter actually makes the sun worse here. I live west of my school, and the time change means that while it's no longer the pitch-dark of pre-sunrise, the sun is now directly in the middle of my field of vision as I drive to work in the mornings...and I'm too short for my car's visor to do anything about it. Sunglasses and squinting, all day erry day. sigh

more proof we are opposites.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Woran wrote:
I have 4 new rats, from a rodent rescue. They are so handsome <3

Please make a Hisvet/Hisvin avatar.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Woran wrote:
I have 4 new rats, from a rodent rescue. They are so handsome <3

theres a rodent...rescue?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
I just want snow, lots and lots of snow.

We're getting it right now. 2-4 inches. And they decided not to bother plowing the interstates.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

And the kids have said that they think this is me.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Vanykrye wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
I just want snow, lots and lots of snow.
We're getting it right now. 2-4 inches. And they decided not to bother plowing the interstates.

We're expecting an inch of snow tomorrow night.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

We're looking at another 2-4 tonight. Then about a 40% chance for more snow on Saturday and Sunday.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So, how bad is California right now?

Yesterday GothBard, Impus Minor, and I all had to come home "sick" because of it. I spent part of the afternoon checking at every store for home air purifiers and they were all sold out. Even Amazon is no longer shipping them to California. (Have I mentioned I hate people? Details in the spoiler below.)
And today the air quality is supposed to be worse. Ugh.

NobodysHome Hates People:
If you consider the standards of human behavior, Amazon's decision makes perfect sense:
  • Thousands, if not tens of thousands of people would order air purifiers, use them during the fire, and then use Amazon's generous return policy to get refunds once the air clears
  • Thousands, if not tens of thousands of people would demand two-day shipping, even though supply is tight, then demand discounts or refunds when Amazon couldn't fulfill the orders

  • In short, *I* can't get an air purifier from Amazon because other people are ***hats.
    I understand Amazon's decision. I just hate that they had to make it.


    4 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    Push it up this way!

    The snow I mean, not the smoke, that sucks hard!


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
    NobodysHome wrote:

    So, how bad is California right now?

    Yesterday GothBard, Impus Minor, and I all had to come home "sick" because of it. I spent part of the afternoon checking at every store for home air purifiers and they were all sold out. Even Amazon is no longer shipping them to California. (Have I mentioned I hate people? Details in the spoiler below.)
    And today the air quality is supposed to be worse. Ugh.

    ** spoiler omitted **

    I believe Global Megacorp has an office in town, you can always see if they'll send you out here until the smoke blows over, you guys would fit right in! And by that I mean rule the town in less than a month.


    3 people marked this as a favorite.

    "No, you cannot refer to Tom Sawyer as Logan Paul in your essay."
    "Why not?"
    "Because it comes completely out of left field with your argument and is more distracting than helpful."
    "But it's funny..."


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    "Because that racist piece of s&+* gets enough attention as it is"

    ... That might not help...


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    captain yesterday wrote:
    NobodysHome wrote:

    So, how bad is California right now?

    Yesterday GothBard, Impus Minor, and I all had to come home "sick" because of it. I spent part of the afternoon checking at every store for home air purifiers and they were all sold out. Even Amazon is no longer shipping them to California. (Have I mentioned I hate people? Details in the spoiler below.)
    And today the air quality is supposed to be worse. Ugh.

    ** spoiler omitted **

    I believe Global Megacorp has an office in town, you can always see if they'll send you out here until the smoke blows over, you guys would fit right in! And by that I mean rule the town in less than a month.

    Oh, we have local offices with HEPA filters that I *could* go to (and I may go to tomorrow), but today I have a parent-teacher conference at 10;30 am, then lunch with a retired co-worker at noon, so there's really no point in driving 45 minutes to the nearest office for just a couple hours' work.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    LM - non-important PM.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    NobodysHome wrote:

    So, how bad is California right now?

    Yesterday GothBard, Impus Minor, and I all had to come home "sick" because of it. I spent part of the afternoon checking at every store for home air purifiers and they were all sold out. Even Amazon is no longer shipping them to California. (Have I mentioned I hate people? Details in the spoiler below.)
    And today the air quality is supposed to be worse. Ugh.

    ** spoiler omitted **

    Huh, I would think that Amazon would temporarily suspend its return policy and shipping guarantees for air purifiers headed for Cali rather than lose all this business.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Vanykrye wrote:
    LM - non-important PM.

    if it was important, you would be naked.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Tequila Sunrise wrote:
    NobodysHome wrote:

    So, how bad is California right now?

    Yesterday GothBard, Impus Minor, and I all had to come home "sick" because of it. I spent part of the afternoon checking at every store for home air purifiers and they were all sold out. Even Amazon is no longer shipping them to California. (Have I mentioned I hate people? Details in the spoiler below.)
    And today the air quality is supposed to be worse. Ugh.

    ** spoiler omitted **

    Huh, I would think that Amazon would temporarily suspend its return policy and shipping guarantees for air purifiers headed for Cali rather than lose all this business.

    Since I work in the industry, I'll bet that the reconfiguration required to suspend the return policy on just those items was too great of a configuration change to risk, so they decided to lose the business instead.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    NobodysHome wrote:

    So, how bad is California right now?

    Yesterday GothBard, Impus Minor, and I all had to come home "sick" because of it. I spent part of the afternoon checking at every store for home air purifiers and they were all sold out. Even Amazon is no longer shipping them to California. (Have I mentioned I hate people? Details in the spoiler below.)
    And today the air quality is supposed to be worse. Ugh.

    ** spoiler omitted **

    no, that decision is not okay.


    5 people marked this as a favorite.

    We're down to a single fever!

    ... yay?


    (Yes, I already responded to this in an entirely different way. Shush.)

    Vanykrye wrote:
    Tacticslion wrote:

    "But, Tactics, you're American, and you've actually been to Gre-"

    quiet, you

    For a brief second, I thought that was going to say "Georgia".

    It's not my fault I know what the country is actually named! Not my faaauuuulllt~!

    210,451 to 210,500 of 240,495 << first < prev | 4205 | 4206 | 4207 | 4208 | 4209 | 4210 | 4211 | 4212 | 4213 | 4214 | 4215 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.