Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

210,151 to 210,200 of 234,277 << first < prev | 4199 | 4200 | 4201 | 4202 | 4203 | 4204 | 4205 | 4206 | 4207 | 4208 | 4209 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Hey man.

My time at the second job has taught me that I really, really shouldnt say that to people while naked.


NH - PM

Sharoth - Good to see you again. Hope things are as under control as they can be.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

How to weird out your tech coordinator:

"Scint, I can't find the notecard that has the breakout box codes. Do you have it?"
"Oh, yeah." unlocks all four combinations from memory


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Wow... I just realized that we actually had a combat with a succubus in a grapple, and I didn't even realize it, much less link the thread.

Shame on me!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Wow... I just realized that we actually had a combat with a succubus in a grapple, and I didn't even realize it, much less link the thread.

Shame on me!

SHAME!

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

Wow... I just realized that we actually had a combat with a succubus in a grapple, and I didn't even realize it, much less link the thread.

Shame on me!

SHAME!

DISAPPOINTMENT


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

Yesterday since I knew WW's mother was coming at lunch, I spent an hour of the morning moving every single remaining box of unpacked, unsorted stuff to my bedroom. I put an old sheet on top of the bed, stacked the boxes on and around, and closed the door. Then I cleaned.

So when she arrived, my house *looked* beautiful. Mostly.
Then after they both left at 4ish, I spent three hours sorting through boxes, because in the final mad rush to leave California, things just got thrown in willy-nilly. Kids' toys with sewing/crafting supplies with books with socks. So... sorting.
So far I have sorted three boxes to go into the garage and two for goodwill.
My aim is to get it finished tonight, so the house is DONE, and next week when I'm on vacation, I can take a day or two to work on the garage. Maybe finally find our knives.
BUT, the house is clean enough for us to have people over now.

if I was closer I would help you unpack.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Celestial Healer wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

Wow... I just realized that we actually had a combat with a succubus in a grapple, and I didn't even realize it, much less link the thread.

Shame on me!

SHAME!
DISAPPOINTMENT

DISAPPOINTED


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Aw s#++, looks like I'm in charge of a shoveling crew this year.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Corporate Weirdness: Different divisions of my company get different holidays off, and in no way are the people off for an equal number of holidays across the divisions. But IT still has to be available to support the people that don't get the holidays.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

So my little guy in my class who had the petit mal the day after Halloween?
He pooped in the sink in the bathroom twice last week.
This morning, he squashed a golfball-sized lump of Therapy Putty into his hair and it took me over an hour to get it out without cutting his hair.
There is something very strange going on here.

Scarab Sages

7 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

Pfew, I'm back. I had a potential chance of employer (official now) and the whole thing gave me a lot of stress.
So much that i was emotionally pretty exhausted for days.

I just dont do well with uncertainty and change, even if its the good kind.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hi, everyone. My PFS Ranger hit 6th level on Saturday.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

So my little guy in my class who had the petit mal the day after Halloween?

He pooped in the sink in the bathroom twice last week.
This morning, he squashed a golfball-sized lump of Therapy Putty into his hair and it took me over an hour to get it out without cutting his hair.
There is something very strange going on here.

Something strange going on at his home, perhaps?


6 people marked this as a favorite.

I just heard from Kileanna via PM. She's doing reasonably well. I invited her to pop in and say Hi every once in a while. I also asked her to not be a stranger.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Ah, the wacky, wacky world of working on my house!

I traced some wonderful 6-gauge cable that I needed to reroute, found the nearest box about halfway under the house, was ecstatic to see I had about 10' of slack in the line so there wouldn't be any patching; just detach it, pull it out, re-run it, and re-attach it.

Except I opened the box and found out that as usual, the electricians who worked on my house didn't care for things like, oh, electrical caps, so each connection was made by twisting the wires together (no easy feat) and wrapping them in about a roll of electrical tape. Each. Seriously, each connection is a roughly 1" diameter ball of electrical tape. I ended up having to cut the line because the tape was impossible to get through.

*SIGH*. Just another day in NobodysHome's Home Improvement.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Ah, the wacky, wacky world of working on my house!

I traced some wonderful 6-gauge cable that I needed to reroute, found the nearest box about halfway under the house, was ecstatic to see I had about 10' of slack in the line so there wouldn't be any patching; just detach it, pull it out, re-run it, and re-attach it.

Except I opened the box and found out that as usual, the electricians who worked on my house didn't care for things like, oh, electrical caps, so each connection was made by twisting the wires together (no easy feat) and wrapping them in about a roll of electrical tape. Each. Seriously, each connection is a roughly 1" diameter ball of electrical tape. I ended up having to cut the line because the tape was impossible to get through.

*SIGH*. Just another day in NobodysHome's Home Improvement.

Why...why would they make more work for themselves twisting and taping 6-gauge wire rather than just capping it? I mean, ok, so they were paid by the hour, but...no.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Aw s+#&, looks like I'm in charge of a shoveling crew this year.

Rewards of a job well done. More jobs.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Captain Yesterday's Oddball Weekly Challenge Of The Day.

Whilst playing a video game and nature calls, don't pause it, take the controller with you and keep playing.


captain yesterday wrote:

Captain Yesterday's Oddball Weekly Challenge Of The Day.

Whilst playing a video game and nature calls, don't pause it, take the controller with you and keep playing.

Degree of difficulty goes up if you're using a non-wireless keyboard and mouse.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I figure if they're going to invent wireless controllers they're going to have to deal with the consequences.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Vanykrye wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Aw s+#&, looks like I'm in charge of a shoveling crew this year.
Rewards of a job well done. More jobs.

Now I'm the guy with the clipboard.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
John Napier 698 wrote:
Hi, everyone. My PFS Ranger hit 6th level on Saturday.

Noice, my brother leveled his alchemist to 3 on Solstice Scar that night.


TriOmegaZero wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Hi, everyone. My PFS Ranger hit 6th level on Saturday.
Noice, my brother leveled his alchemist to 3 on Solstice Scar that night.

Very nice. My next character will be an arcane caster. I'm thinking a wizard.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

"...you really think I should rearrange the entire sentence because of an awkward comma?"
"Raise your hand if you've ever completely rewritten a sentence to avoid using a word you can't spell."
half the class raises their hands
"...oh. Okay, then."


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Huzzah huzzah, someone else who studies rapier & dagger came along to Monday HEMA, so I actually got to do some rapier & dagger sparring, and solo rapier (and twin daggers vs. tomahawk & dagger, amongst other things. Twin daggers (me) had the better of it)


lisamarlene wrote:

So my little guy in my class who had the petit mal the day after Halloween?

He pooped in the sink in the bathroom twice last week.
This morning, he squashed a golfball-sized lump of Therapy Putty into his hair and it took me over an hour to get it out without cutting his hair.
There is something very strange going on here.

Yikes.


John Napier 698 wrote:
I just heard from Kileanna via PM. She's doing reasonably well. I invited her to pop in and say Hi every once in a while. I also asked her to not be a stranger.

Please tell her I said "hello".

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Kjeldorn wrote:


The herring though…
That's ubiquitous, and in almost ever possible kind of state - fried, raw, pickled, dried, smoked, etc - with the possible exception of fermented…

*Stares with a sour expression into the east and shaking his fist at the swedes*

Aw yeah raw herring! Preferably with raw onions!

The Exchange

Vidmaster7 wrote:
I always thought mort was the shanking kind of kitty.

Knives are pretty much like claws, anyway.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Vanykrye wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Although, judging by how frozen the ground is, I'll be applying for work at the other toy store for the winter soon enough.
Try for one of the game stores instead. The clientele may still be annoying, but at least it will be a different kind of annoying. Variety is important.

It's more about closeness and convenience, ideally it will snow, a lot.

But I'm going with in order of distance from our house.

1. Pizza place at Whitney way
2. Toy store at Hilldale
3. Board game store
4. Arcade
5. Other game store
6. Laser tag place.

As far as variety goes, I'm quite adept at manufacturing my own variety.

The Exchange

Raw onions, especially the purple sort are too astringent for my taste. I generally stay off raw onions as a whole, though once they're caramelized they're slurp =)

The Exchange

Grats on job change, Woran! Are you still an IT critter?

The Exchange

Limeylongears wrote:
Huzzah huzzah, someone else who studies rapier & dagger came along to Monday HEMA, so I actually got to do some rapier & dagger sparring, and solo rapier (and twin daggers vs. tomahawk & dagger, amongst other things. Twin daggers (me) had the better of it)

Aren't there issues involving reach you have to get around when dealing with longer range weapons like Tomahawks? I thought historically reach was quite a big thing, that's why people used polearms.


Freehold DM wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
I just heard from Kileanna via PM. She's doing reasonably well. I invited her to pop in and say Hi every once in a while. I also asked her to not be a stranger.
Please tell her I said "hello".

I did. It may be a while before she responds.


Limeylongears wrote:
Huzzah huzzah, someone else who studies rapier & dagger came along to Monday HEMA, so I actually got to do some rapier & dagger sparring, and solo rapier (and twin daggers vs. tomahawk & dagger, amongst other things. Twin daggers (me) had the better of it)

Was there some kind of technical advantage to two daggers or were you simply better yourself?

Scarab Sages

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
NobodysHome wrote:

All I'm going to say is... "Holy ****, Florida! Can't you make it through a single election without making yourself the laughingstock of the civilized (and uncivilized) worlds?"

At this point I'm thinking we'd all be better off if we just took away the entire state's right to vote, and maybe just had Georgia and Alabama assign their elected officials for them.

Couldn't be worse...

I saw it summed up nicely in a tweet:

If florida had to vote between a kick in the head and icecream, it would still come up 49.6% to 50.4%

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Sharoth wrote:
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

Reading The Wheel of Time a second time, it's clear just how juvenile most of the characters are.

"Grrrrrrrr, why are men/women completely incomprehensible?!"

"Despite traveling with her for over a year and proving over and over again what her motives are, Moiraine is aes sedai and therefore completely untrustworthy so I can't tell her anything even if it's likely to help us survive raw evil!" To be fair, Moiraine keeps unnecessary secrets too.

"Waaaaaaaaaaa, the Power makes me feel icky, I demand you ask permission before healing my life-threatening wounds, aes sedai!!!"

I have yet to read that series. Having said that, I am rereading David Eddings' The Riftwar Saga. I have my original copy at home and it is one of my favorite reads. The copy I am reading on the tablet is his "directors cut". He had to pare it down to have it published the first time. After a decade, he went through it and added the stuff back in and rewrote some passages. I think it is an improvement.

I think I made it to book 5 before I quit the wheel of time. The characters stupidity was just too grating.

Its the same reason I just cant re-read Song of Ice and Fire anymore. In book 1 I just start screaing to ned stark to not do it... but yeah...


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:
I bet it's all Freehold's fault. Maybe Kjeldorn's as well and maybe Seth,just for a third person to throw the blame on.

*Sits under a freezing waterfall, clutching a picture of Mort, while droning the following mantra: "purity in nudity - nudity is purity"

Vidmaster7 wrote:
No drunk Mort posts. That's sad.

*Nods solemnly*

Just a Mort wrote:
All right, I just had a swig of Bénédictine neat…

Should get my hands on some Bénédictine again.

Then again I'm not really that much of a liqueur person.

Tequila Sunrise wrote:


Oh thanks all, I was afraid I was going to get a bunch of weird suggestions.

You're welcome!

^^

lisamarlene wrote:
Lots of stuff about getting house and husband in order

Good that you're feeling like you're finally getting on top of things, and getting you're home in proper presentable condition/order.


and it sounds like you might have saved a thanksgiving turkey from becoming almost jerky-ish too ^^'

*Sends hugs and well-wishes*

Woran wrote:

Pfew, I'm back. I had a potential chance of employer (official now) and the whole thing gave me a lot of stress.

So much that i was emotionally pretty exhausted for days.

I just dont do well with uncertainty and change, even if its the good kind.

Congratulation on the job! (if I read things correctly ^^' )

and you shouldn't excuse yourself for being exhausted, we all got thought that once in while.
And if you ever feel like talking about things - good or bad - I'll venture that you could find someone here who's willing to listen.

*Pats Woran on the shoulder and offers a hug*


2 people marked this as a favorite.
TriOmegaZero wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

Wow... I just realized that we actually had a combat with a succubus in a grapple, and I didn't even realize it, much less link the thread.

Shame on me!

SHAME!
DISAPPOINTMENT
DISAPPOINTED

FIFY


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Give co-worker credit, I've been humming the Smurfs theme song every day for 7 months and he hasn't snapped. In fact, he's been more cheerful then I've ever seen him in the 13 years I've known him.

Edit: Or maybe he did snap and I haven't noticed yet...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:
TriOmegaZero wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

Wow... I just realized that we actually had a combat with a succubus in a grapple, and I didn't even realize it, much less link the thread.

Shame on me!

SHAME!
DISAPPOINTMENT
DISAPPOINTED
FIFY

I love that movie.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:

Knives are important! You never know when you have to shank someone!

Isn't 24 h too long to cook a turkey?

YES. A lengthy, low-temp cooking process is precisely what a food dehydrator does... it's basically making jerky. And it makes me want to shank someone.

And she honestly believes it's the only way to get a tender, juicy turkey.

Cooking has never been her strong suit.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Sign. I'm slightly sad tonight I died with an inventory full of stuff in minecraft so now I can't bare to play it because of how far it set me back. does anyone else get slightly emotional about video games?

Emotional? Ive outright cried at times.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Emotional? No, not me, the couch was leaning at that angle when I got here.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Scintillae wrote:

"...you really think I should rearrange the entire sentence because of an awkward comma?"

"Raise your hand if you've ever completely rewritten a sentence to avoid using a word you can't spell."
half the class raises their hands
"...oh. Okay, then."

I still regularly do this. In both english and dutch.

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Just a Mort wrote:
Grats on job change, Woran! Are you still an IT critter?

Still an IT critter :)

Basically going to do the same job, for a different company.

Scarab Sages

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Kjeldorn wrote:


Congratulation on the job! (if I read things correctly ^^' )
and you shouldn't excuse yourself for being exhausted, we all got thought that once in while.
And if you ever feel like talking about things - good or bad - I'll venture that you could find someone here who's willing to listen.

*Pats Woran on the shoulder and offers a hug*

Thank you! Its pretty much all been done except the actual signing of the contract, but I doubt they will pull back at the last minute, as they were the ones to contact me in the first place.

(certain areas of expertise are just very sought after)


Congrats Woran!

210,151 to 210,200 of 234,277 << first < prev | 4199 | 4200 | 4201 | 4202 | 4203 | 4204 | 4205 | 4206 | 4207 | 4208 | 4209 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.