Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

209,801 to 209,850 of 238,514 << first < prev | 4192 | 4193 | 4194 | 4195 | 4196 | 4197 | 4198 | 4199 | 4200 | 4201 | 4202 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Thankfully I've repressed all Rush from my memory.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"We're having a snow day tomorrow!"
"I doubt it."
"No, we are."
"We're expecting maybe three inches, and it's Kansas. We're most likely not-"
"I'm so excited for senior sk-snow day!"

These kids, I swear...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

We can't expect a Canadian rock band to be masters of American literature.

They're Canadian. I don't know any Mexican literature just because I'm north of them.

But nobody would question an American rock song about the day of the dead or chupacabra.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Vagrant Erudite wrote:
That said, I still do, because they call your previous job. But it is so not f&&~ing fair that we have to.

You know, that is some one-sided sh!t come to think of it. Yet another little cultural hazard that favors business over people.

I tried to talk Mrs Sunrise out of giving her two-weeks', at least until she told me that her next employer works with her previous one and they asked her to 'be professional.' She made the right call for her situation, but in a general sense, professionalism deserves professionalism. Treat your employees or boss professionally and expect notice of termination/departure. Treat your employees or boss like cr@p, and you deserve nothing.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I think it really depends on the sector.

We're in tech, and so bosses who are firing people want them out the door that day. We've even seen security just walk up to someone's desk and escort them out.

But if they don't get two weeks' severance, the company will have trouble hiring ANY tech workers. We may not get two weeks' notice, but we get two weeks pay, no matter what.

EDIT: The guy who got escorted out by security had physically assaulted a co-worker. He still got two weeks' pay. Because "it's what's done".


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"I feel like if Tom Sawyer was real today, he'd be Logan Paul."


Kjeldorn wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:


The Greatsword is longer then I am tall? How do you wield something like that?

Something like this and this (Please correct me if I'm wrong here Limey…I'm clearly not a practitioner ^^' ).

That's it, yes. We're working out of Figueyredo (sp?) too.


The Vagrant Erudite wrote:

We can't expect a Canadian rock band to be masters of American literature.

They're Canadian. I don't know any Mexican literature just because I'm north of them.

But nobody would question an American rock song about the day of the dead or chupacabra.

actually, since you mention it...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

Impus Major is on a roll.

"British food is pretty much the low point of food in the world."

"The difference between British food and Indian food is that Indian food tastes good."

What British food has Impus Major eaten?

Did he buy it from Walmart?

Was it labelled up as 'Lord Toffy Toffington Esquire's Jolly Good Instant Chocolate Creamed Corn with Pork Scratchings'? (made in Iowa)

Oh, he's just being him.

I don't think he's actually *had* any British food other than LisaMarlene's shepherd's pie, which he loves.

EDIT: On the other hand, when every single person here can only name ONE good British dish, that's a bad sign...

How glad I am that you asked.

Cottage pie
Pork pies, with minted mushy peas and mashed potatoes
Pork & Stilton pies
Beef & Ale pies
Lancashire hotpot
Giant Yorkshire puddings filled with something savoury
Fish & chips, with or without mushy peas (again) / curry sauce / gravy
Black pudding, as part of the Legendary Full English Breakfast (also includes some combination of sausages, fried bread, mushrooms, tinned tomatoes, bacon, eggs)
Cornish pasties
Roly poly pudding
Christmas pudding
Haggis
Cheesy chips (fries)
Lamb and new potatoes
Cheddar cheese, on its own, with a nice bit of crusty bread, or as a part of a
Welsh Rarebit (see also: Stilton, Wensleydale, Lancashire, Double Gloucester, Cornish Yarg, Dorset Blue Vinney, etc., Blacksticks Blue, etc.)


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Limeylongears wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

Impus Major is on a roll.

"British food is pretty much the low point of food in the world."

"The difference between British food and Indian food is that Indian food tastes good."

What British food has Impus Major eaten?

Did he buy it from Walmart?

Was it labelled up as 'Lord Toffy Toffington Esquire's Jolly Good Instant Chocolate Creamed Corn with Pork Scratchings'? (made in Iowa)

Oh, he's just being him.

I don't think he's actually *had* any British food other than LisaMarlene's shepherd's pie, which he loves.

EDIT: On the other hand, when every single person here can only name ONE good British dish, that's a bad sign...

How glad I am that you asked.

Cottage pie
Pork pies, with minted mushy peas and mashed potatoes
Pork & Stilton pies
Beef & Ale pies
Lancashire hotpot
Giant Yorkshire puddings filled with something savoury
Fish & chips, with or without mushy peas (again) / curry sauce / gravy
Black pudding, as part of the Legendary Full English Breakfast (also includes some combination of sausages, fried bread, mushrooms, tinned tomatoes, bacon, eggs)
Cornish pasties
Roly poly pudding
Christmas pudding
Haggis
Cheesy chips (fries)
Lamb and new potatoes
Cheddar cheese, on its own, with a nice bit of crusty bread, or as a part of a
Welsh Rarebit (see also: Stilton, Wensleydale, Lancashire, Double Gloucester, Cornish Yarg, Dorset Blue Vinney, etc., Blacksticks Blue, etc.)

Ah, I see you have been to a Midwestern potluck, my mistake.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

MRS SUNRISE JUST QUIT HER AWFUL JOB!!!

After months of laziness, ineptitude, and apathy from her bosses, after one of them failed pathetically to gaslight her (lied to her face about her own work ethic, blamed her for the boss' incompetence), after being blamed yet again for her boss' mismanagement after tending her two-week resignation, she WALKED OUT today!!!

It means a pay downgrade, but she has a job lined right up for next week. :)

Good for Mrs Sunrise (and the rest of the Sunrise house-hold)!

She must have had the patience of a saint when dealing with such a cretin of a boss. Seriously from the sound of it he needed a swift stomping on his nut-sack for the s$$~ he pulled on her!

John Napier 698 wrote:
Hi, everyone. Had a busy day, Yesterday, and was away from home all day. Missed you all.

Hello John! (missed you too :p)

Vanykrye wrote:
This week there's a quote about "incentives making people work harder". From Nikita Khrushchev...

Errr….

"In Soviet Russia incentives work you?"


3 people marked this as a favorite.

The more I read about NH's company, the more I'm convinced he lives in some parallel universe where workers still have power, unions weren't crushed by Reagan in the big airline workers' strike, monopolies were still actually illegal instead of just on paper, and the sky is a pinkish gold color with flying monkies, because that last part seems as realistic as the rest to me.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Yup, definitely getting measurable snow tonight.

Boss has already warned me we might have to go out tonight.


captain yesterday wrote:

Yup, definitely getting measurable snow tonight.

Boss has already warned me we might have to go out tonight.

no need to thank me.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

And then we get to install gates on a split rail fence, you couldn't vomit out a more Rockwellian scene if you tried.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

In a couple days I'm going to see snow for the first time in over 25 years, since I visited my uncle in Massachusetts when I was 10.

Most of my clothes are black. It is more "I dislike advertising and trying to decorate myself for others' amusement" than a fashion thing. For example I have like 15 v neck plain black shirts. I tried to do all grey to avoid the usual associations of black, but that's harder to find. Anyway, so now that I have winter gear, including a beanie and a cloth face mask from my scooter riding days, covered head to toe with only my eyes showing, I feel like an out of shape ninja with glasses.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Vagrant Erudite wrote:

In a couple days I'm going to see snow for the first time in over 25 years, since I visited my uncle in Massachusetts when I was 10.

Most of my clothes are black. It is more "I dislike advertising and trying to decorate myself for others' amusement" than a fashion thing. For example I have like 15 v neck plain black shirts. I tried to do all grey to avoid the usual associations of black, but that's harder to find. Anyway, so now that I have winter gear, including a beanie and a cloth face mask from my scooter riding days, covered head to toe with only my eyes showing, I feel like an out of shape ninja with glasses.

GLORIOUS


I feel glorious. As glorious as one can on Mac dodge of klonopin. I kind loopy atm.


I am mildly high.

I can't find any weed, still, and even if I did I refuse to spend money no irresponsible drugs when I'm asking for help. I do have standards. I have an RX for klonopin that has been collecting dust for months, and is about to expire, because I try not to use it, because it's potentially addictive rather than weed. But I have anxiety issues that are pretty bad. Rather than toss expired pills, I took my max dosage for the entire day all at once.

Feels good. Not gonna lie.

This abuse of the pharhmaceutical companies brought to you by "why the f%@* can't I go to the grocery store and buy weed like a bottle of booze or cigarettes?"

I'm not baked. I'm just relaxed AF. Feels like I had a 2 hour massage with calm music and some slow head after.

It's nice, but it does invoke a nostalgia for the real thing.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Possible hobbies between snow falls to keep me from going something something during the winter.

Making shoebox apartments for the action figures.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Looks like we're meeting at the shop at 4 tomorrow morning.


Clocking out. Good night, everyone.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

So, I'm part of the overnight shift on FaWtL.

Enthusiastically bounces red ball off the side of Vidmaster's head.

What do you guys do around here at night?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sit in a virtually empty office doing more or less sod all, since it's 25 to 9.

Contemplate macaroni cheese.

Wonder how Jimmy Buffet would interpret The Jam's 'Going Underground', and get as far as 'Glowing Underpants, Glowing Underpants, hairy arse paints slay Andy Sirkis' clown'


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Yay! First salt run.

I f&@%ing hate salt, but there's something magical about the snow at 4 in the morning.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I'm still waiting for the boss.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Hmm, boss still isn't at the shop, not much snow on the ground.

The Exchange

*bounces up and down on captain yesterday*

Well Vidmaster7 and I talk about foods and we roll our eyes at Grans jokes. Occasionally Gran and Vidmaster7 will complain about their hotel guests.

Unfortunately I've been silly busy today still trying to work our the company safety poster competition. The roll out is next week, and 15-16 our company is going to have a retreat.

The Exchange

Not to mention I've been busy helping my players in Strange Aeons work out their backstories, since I'll have to Co-write some of it.

Oh the poster isn't still looking right, when it prints out it comes in two shades, I've checked that it wasn't a printer error(tried printing from two different printers), I think it's a slides background issue since it was done in PowerPoint.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Spins around in a aimlessly in a chair.

The Exchange

3 people marked this as a favorite.

*bounces up and down on her tail*

The wonderful thing about tiggers
Is tiggers are wonderful things!
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs!
They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about tiggers is
I'm the only one
Tiggers are cuddly fellas
Tiggers are awfully sweet
Ev'ryone el-us is jealous
That's why I repeat... and repeat

The wonderful thing about tiggers
Is tiggers are marvelous claps!
They're loaded with vim and vigor
They love to leap in your laps!
They're jumpy, bumpy, clumpy, thumpy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about tiggers is
I'm the only one

The Exchange

How'd you see snow at 4 am. The last time it was raining in Arizona at night, I looked out of the window and only saw darkness before me...

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
Not a footprint to be seen
A kingdom of isolation
And it looks like I'm the queen

The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I've tried
Don't let them in, don't let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know
Well, now they know

Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door
I don't care what they're going to say
Let the storm rage on
The cold never bothered me anyway

Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door

Let it go (go, go, go go, go go, go go, go, go, go go)
Let it go
Let it go
Let it go

It's funny how some distance makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me can't get to me at all

It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free

Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, let it go
You'll never see me cry
Here I stand and here I stay
Let the storm rage on

My power flurries through the air into the ground
My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around
And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast
I'm never going back, the past is in the past

Let it go
The cold never bothered me anyway
Let it go, let it go
And I'll rise like the break of dawn
Let it go, let it go
That perfect girl is gone
Here I stand in the light of day
Let the storm rage on
The cold never bothered me anyway.

Well just a snow celebration song, the cold bothers me a lot.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

True fact, snow glows at night, especially if the moon is out.

Freehold should move to Madison and shovel snow with me in the dead of night. Or as it's called in winter, any time after 6 PM.

The Exchange

Ooh I learnt something new today. It must look magical. I suppose the places I was in there was too little snow so it all melted so I didn't get to see any glow piles.


The best places for snow in the US, in no preferential order.

The cascade mountains
Colorado Rockies
New York
Madison, Wisconsin, the absolute best place for winter living.

There's also Maine and Boston but they're overrun by douchebags.


Just a Mort wrote:

*bounces up and down on captain yesterday*

Well Vidmaster7 and I talk about foods and we roll our eyes at Grans jokes. Occasionally Gran and Vidmaster7 will complain about their hotel guests.

Unfortunately I've been silly busy today still trying to work our the company safety poster competition. The roll out is next week, and 15-16 our company is going to have a retreat.

O.O

Not fair...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

True fact, snow glows at night, especially if the moon is out.

Freehold should move to Madison and shovel snow with me in the dead of night. Or as it's called in winter, any time after 6 PM.

throw in milkmaids and the general(or at least her cooking) and you have a deal.


Just a Mort wrote:

*bounces up and down on her tail*

The wonderful thing about tiggers
Is tiggers are wonderful things!
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs!
They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about tiggers is
I'm the only one
Tiggers are cuddly fellas
Tiggers are awfully sweet
Ev'ryone el-us is jealous
That's why I repeat... and repeat

The wonderful thing about tiggers
Is tiggers are marvelous claps!
They're loaded with vim and vigor
They love to leap in your laps!
They're jumpy, bumpy, clumpy, thumpy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about tiggers is
I'm the only one

increases catgirl research by 30%


2 people marked this as a favorite.
The Dreaded Lutefisk wrote:
slides into the thread

*extrudes pseudopod to offer "fistbump"*


The Vagrant Erudite wrote:

We can't expect a Canadian rock band to be masters of American literature.

They're Canadian. I don't know any Mexican literature just because I'm north of them.

But nobody would question an American rock song about the day of the dead or chupacabra.

I think you mean "chalupacobra".


4 people marked this as a favorite.

So we got into a big stupid fight last night because WW decided, behind my back, to ask his mother for money to buy a used car. He's leasing a Lyft car to drive Lyft, which means that almost all the money he makes, goes to paying for the car. He comes home with about 100/week net from it. But, at least he has a car to commute to his new job and 100/week.

His mom set him up with her mechanic, who wants to sell him a 20-year-old Accord he has rebuilt with over 200k miles on it for 2 grand.

I told him he had a piss-poor track record with used vehicles and this wasn't an area where I was prepared to trust his judgement. (Yes, his stupid broken truck is still somewhere in Arizona, after we poured thousands of dollars we didn't have into trying to keep it running.) And furthermore, that I wasn't going to consent to have him harangue me and browbeat me into agreeing with him, just so when things go wrong, he could say, "This isn't just me; you AGREED to this!"

So I refused to fight any more and walked away and slept on the couch.

This morning, he apologized profusely for being a rude jacka**, and then talked at me incessantly about the car before I'd had my coffee until I agreed not to put my foot down.

I think I just lost.


Limeylongears wrote:

Sit in a virtually empty office doing more or less sod all, since it's 25 to 9.

Contemplate macaroni cheese.

Wonder how Jimmy Buffet would interpret The Jam's 'Going Underground', and get as far as 'Glowing Underpants, Glowing Underpants, hairy arse paints slay Andy Sirkis' clown'

I just checked in with Jimmy, and he says he has never heard of that song so it's probably not gonna get mutilated anytime soon.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Got my copy of the RWBY game. Read the rulebook a couple of times, it could have been put together better I think, but pretty clear. Then set it up and played solo (the game doesn't come with solo instructions, but it's easy enough to do). The first few turns were pretty slow since I had to keep double-checking the rules, but then it picked up and went well. I think it certainly has potential, but would need to play with some other people to know for sure.


Just a Mort wrote:

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight

Not a footprint to be seen
A kingdom of isolation
And it looks like I'm the queen

The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I've tried
Don't let them in, don't let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know
Well, now they know

Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door
I don't care what they're going to say
Let the storm rage on
The cold never bothered me anyway

Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door

Let it go (go, go, go go, go go, go go, go, go, go go)
Let it go
Let it go
Let it go

It's funny how some distance makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me can't get to me at all

It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free

Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, let it go
You'll never see me cry
Here I stand and here I stay
Let the storm rage on

My power flurries through the air into the ground
My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around
And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast
I'm never going back, the past is in the past

Let it go
The cold never bothered me anyway
Let it go, let it go
And I'll rise like the break of dawn
Let it go, let it go
That perfect girl is gone
Here I stand in the light of day
Let the storm rage on
The cold never bothered me anyway.

Well just a snow celebration song, the cold bothers me a lot.

cough


Elsa of Arendelle wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight

Not a footprint to be seen
A kingdom of isolation
And it looks like I'm the queen

The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I've tried
Don't let them in, don't let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know
Well, now they know

Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door
I don't care what they're going to say
Let the storm rage on
The cold never bothered me anyway

Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door

Let it go (go, go, go go, go go, go go, go, go, go go)
Let it go
Let it go
Let it go

It's funny how some distance makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me can't get to me at all

It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free

Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, let it go
You'll never see me cry
Here I stand and here I stay
Let the storm rage on

My power flurries through the air into the ground
My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around
And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast
I'm never going back, the past is in the past

Let it go
The cold never bothered me anyway
Let it go, let it go
And I'll rise like the break of dawn
Let it go, let it go
That perfect girl is gone
Here I stand in the light of day
Let the storm rage on
The cold never bothered me anyway.

Well just a snow celebration song, the cold bothers me a lot.

cough

hello...

eyebrow waggle


A Gelatinous Cube wrote:
The Dreaded Lutefisk wrote:
slides into the thread
*extrudes pseudopod to offer "fistbump"*

smelly oozebump


The Dreaded Lutefisk wrote:
A Gelatinous Cube wrote:
The Dreaded Lutefisk wrote:
slides into the thread
*extrudes pseudopod to offer "fistbump"*
smelly oozebump

*splacoorches off to find some eyebrows to waggle*

The Exchange

Tequila Sunrise wrote:

MRS SUNRISE JUST QUIT HER AWFUL JOB!!!

After months of laziness, ineptitude, and apathy from her bosses, after one of them failed pathetically to gaslight her (lied to her face about her own work ethic, blamed her for the boss' incompetence), after being blamed yet again for her boss' mismanagement after tending her two-week resignation, she WALKED OUT today!!!

It means a pay downgrade, but she has a job lined right up for next week. :)

Yay glad to hear that she already has her job lined up and she's moving to a happier environment =)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

So we got into a big stupid fight last night because WW decided, behind my back, to ask his mother for money to buy a used car. He's leasing a Lyft car to drive Lyft, which means that almost all the money he makes, goes to paying for the car. He comes home with about 100/week net from it. But, at least he has a car to commute to his new job and 100/week.

His mom set him up with her mechanic, who wants to sell him a 20-year-old Accord he has rebuilt with over 200k miles on it for 2 grand.

I told him he had a piss-poor track record with used vehicles and this wasn't an area where I was prepared to trust his judgement. (Yes, his stupid broken truck is still somewhere in Arizona, after we poured thousands of dollars we didn't have into trying to keep it running.) And furthermore, that I wasn't going to consent to have him harangue me and browbeat me into agreeing with him, just so when things go wrong, he could say, "This isn't just me; you AGREED to this!"

So I refused to fight any more and walked away and slept on the couch.

This morning, he apologized profusely for being a rude jacka**, and then talked at me incessantly about the car before I'd had my coffee until I agreed not to put my foot down.

I think I just lost.

Geez. I feel your pain.

Even worse, the Celica only has 140k miles on it and a fully-rebuilt engine, and it's KBB value is only $1400. $2000 for a '98 Accord isn't a "favor", it's a "mildly high price so the car better be in good shape".

And yeah, borrowing money from naggy parents never ends well.

EDIT: Huh. The KBB value on a 1998 Accord in Dallas is $1139-$2698, with a median of $1919. I guess $2000 isn't all that unreasonable. But it's sure not a "bargain" or a "favor".

209,801 to 209,850 of 238,514 << first < prev | 4192 | 4193 | 4194 | 4195 | 4196 | 4197 | 4198 | 4199 | 4200 | 4201 | 4202 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.