Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

209,601 to 209,650 of 238,513 << first < prev | 4188 | 4189 | 4190 | 4191 | 4192 | 4193 | 4194 | 4195 | 4196 | 4197 | 4198 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I don't have the older one, but yes, lots of new stuff, including player races, archetypes, and feats as well as a s!*@ ton of Old Ones, Elder Gods, and Mythos monsters.

Get it on Amazon or something though because it is expensive on Paizo.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I will probably order it today when I get home....

Oh my its going for $60. I might wait on that one.

I'll search around for a better price.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I got my copy at Pegasus Games for 45.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Winter is coming! Starting Thursday our highest high temperature will be 32 degrees for at least a week.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Oh come now that shouldn't even be considered cold for you guys. (granted the TN people would panic and buy all the milk and bread at Walmart but that's not the point!)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

He got the offer! 40 hours guaranteed, Friday nights and Sundays always free. and he can start as early as tomorrow if he wants to.

Now I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping he doesn't turn it down, or do something appallingly stupid, because he's already being an Eeyore about the commute and having to leave the house before the kids wake up.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Oh come now that shouldn't even be considered cold for you guys. (granted the TN people would panic and buy all the milk and bread at Walmart but that's not the point!)

I hate it when people do that here. It's such a jerk thing to do. Our infrastructure is not inherently superior, but things work differently here to the point that some transplant buying all the water, milk, and bread is just being an a**#%!%. We have an untold number of farms less than 2 hours away. The food will get here. All roads lead to New York(city). We will be just fine. Please leave stuff for everyone else.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Oh come now that shouldn't even be considered cold for you guys. (granted the TN people would panic and buy all the milk and bread at Walmart but that's not the point!)

I hate it when people do that here. It's such a jerk thing to do. Our infrastructure is not inherently superior, but things work differently here to the point that some transplant buying all the water, milk, and bread is just being an a@+%!%&. We have an untold number of farms less than 2 hours away. The food will get here. All roads lead to New York(city). We will be just fine. Please leave stuff for everyone else.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Winter is coming! Starting Thursday our highest high temperature will be 32 degrees for at least a week.

I'm glad I'm not there...I would freeze...

And Grats to WW for landing the job! Yayyy! At least that should help with finances.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Oh come now that shouldn't even be considered cold for you guys. (granted the TN people would panic and buy all the milk and bread at Walmart but that's not the point!)

I didn't say it was cold, just that when the temperature drops to 32 or below for a week with an inch or more of snow that generally signifies the unofficial start of winter.

I have 25 pounds of winter layers, so I don't get cold.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Oh come now that shouldn't even be considered cold for you guys. (granted the TN people would panic and buy all the milk and bread at Walmart but that's not the point!)
I hate it when people do that here. It's such a jerk thing to do. Our infrastructure is not inherently superior, but things work differently here to the point that some transplant buying all the water, milk, and bread is just being an a$%%!*~. We have an untold number of farms less than 2 hours away. The food will get here. All roads lead to New York(city). We will be just fine. Please leave stuff for everyone else.

Here you can just walk outside and milk some random cow.

You want some water, stick your head in the snow.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Also people in the Midwest don't hoard food, they can. Everything.

Edited for better understanding.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cap'n Yesterday, FaWtL Tourism wrote:
Also people in the Midwest don't hoard, they can. Everything.

I think your phone destroyed your meaning.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

No, canned beets, pickles, pig's feet, you name it someone in the Midwest has canned it.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm just going to say it, WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Spoiler:
We have the House! I honestly wasn't convinced there would be a blue wave at all. Now we need to turn it into a perpetual blue tide...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I've got a shot.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

TS, so you'll get a seat in Arizona?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Vanykrye wrote:
Cap'n Yesterday, FaWtL Tourism wrote:
Also people in the Midwest don't hoard, they can. Everything.
I think your phone destroyed your meaning.

It's the other way around, you should see the terrible things I do to spell check.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
No, canned beets, pickles, pig's feet, you name it someone in the Midwest has canned it.

Oh. Canning. Yes. Everything. Absolutely. Every farmer in the Midwest has a basement full of canned food "just in case". And, to be fair, most of them are doing it for legit "in case of blizzard and we can't get out for days at a time", not for "when the government collapses and anarchy rules supreme".


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Yes, exactly.

Which is why you never see people freak out over huge snow falls, they're like a mini holiday.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I can't wait to test out my wool lined leather gloves at work today.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

And let us not forget jellies! So many unfortunate things can be turned into a jelly.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I suppose we should have told The Vagrant Erudite all of this BEFORE he moved to the Midwest.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Eh. He was complaining about Florida heat, so this is the fix. Midwestern winters.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

We're building an outside bar.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
No, canned beets, pickles, pig's feet, you name it someone in the Midwest has canned it.

Is Ohio not Midwest enough? I haven't ran into this.

Food is waaaaaaay cheaper than Florida, though. So damn much.

I do love jellies, jams, and preserves. Do I hit up a farmer's market just in case? How much food will I need for blizpocalypse?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

What you do is hit up a local Saint Vincent DePaul for a used pressure cooker and some jars and can it yourself, all winter. It's more a hobby then anything.

For jams and jelly ask around about the nearest Amish store.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It appears my other PbP idea is far and away more popular than One Punch Man as a board game.

captain yesterday wrote:

What you do is hit up a local Saint Vincent DePaul for a used pressure cooker and some jars and can it yourself, all winter. It's more a hobby then anything.

For jams and jelly ask around about the nearest Amish store.

College town. Haven't seen a horse nor buggy nor neck beard that wasn't attached to a blogger yet.

I used to use a pressure cooker just to...well cook fast. Primarily beans. Cuts time down from 8+ hours for dried to damnnear one hour. Didn't know yoi could can with it.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Kjeldorn wrote:
Tequila Sunrise wrote:
It looks like they followed thru on inclusive paladins for PF2, I am pleasantly surprised and intrigued.

It was the way the winds been blowing, gaming-mechanics philosophy wise, for quite some time now.

Just need to know how they plan on extricating Alignment from the game now ^^'...

Oh are they doing that too? Interesting, I thought that [mechanical] alignment might have hung on in PF, though with paladins it was just a matter of time. Once 4e went with inclusive paladins, there was no going back.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

This means I'm no longer going to be able to pledge my soul to the Balance, doesn't it? Boo! Boo! Rubbish!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Winter is coming! Starting Thursday our highest high temperature will be 32 degrees for at least a week.

Hey, last night I noticed our living room heater go on for the first time without our turning it up. Its minimum setting is around 58° F, and it's been getting down to 43° F outside at night, so it was only a matter of time before it finally kicked in.

But it *is* our first sign of winter.

Although we're still having highs in the low 70s all week, so not too wintery yet. (During the coldest parts of the year in February and July we get down to highs in the 50s.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:
TS, so you'll get a seat in Arizona?

Sorry, not sure what you mean.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Getting really tired of some of my seniors. Yes, I know you want to be done with school. Yes, I know you don't actually care about anything at school anymore. Have the common courtesy to not say it to my face.

I fear for the workforce. It's beating my head against a wall to throw any information at them anymore. "I won't need to know this for [x job], so I'm not going to do it." You won't need to communicate with people? "I already know how to talk."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Cap'n Yesterday, FaWtL Tourism wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Oh come now that shouldn't even be considered cold for you guys. (granted the TN people would panic and buy all the milk and bread at Walmart but that's not the point!)
I hate it when people do that here. It's such a jerk thing to do. Our infrastructure is not inherently superior, but things work differently here to the point that some transplant buying all the water, milk, and bread is just being an a$%%!*~. We have an untold number of farms less than 2 hours away. The food will get here. All roads lead to New York(city). We will be just fine. Please leave stuff for everyone else.

Here you can just walk outside and milk some random cow.

You want some water, stick your head in the snow.

The last time I did that, I was maced.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

I'm just going to say it, WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

** spoiler omitted **

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Spoiler:
OOOOOOOOOOOOopen fire, Fritzy

1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

Yes, exactly.

Which is why you never see people freak out over huge snow falls, they're like a mini holiday.

You know it!!!!


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
Cap'n Yesterday, FaWtL Tourism wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Oh come now that shouldn't even be considered cold for you guys. (granted the TN people would panic and buy all the milk and bread at Walmart but that's not the point!)
I hate it when people do that here. It's such a jerk thing to do. Our infrastructure is not inherently superior, but things work differently here to the point that some transplant buying all the water, milk, and bread is just being an a$%%!*~. We have an untold number of farms less than 2 hours away. The food will get here. All roads lead to New York(city). We will be just fine. Please leave stuff for everyone else.

Here you can just walk outside and milk some random cow.

You want some water, stick your head in the snow.

The last time I did that, I was maced.

You have to ask, be gentle, maybe bring a little lotion and slow jazz.

Really, there's a lot of crossover between milking cows and wooing women.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Vagrant Erudite wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
No, canned beets, pickles, pig's feet, you name it someone in the Midwest has canned it.

Is Ohio not Midwest enough? I haven't ran into this.

Food is waaaaaaay cheaper than Florida, though. So damn much.

I do love jellies, jams, and preserves. Do I hit up a farmer's market just in case? How much food will I need for blizpocalypse?

You need to go to Grandpa's. It is the greatest jam and jelly place ever. I mean EVER. Get the cherry vanilla. It is AMAZING!

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Tequila Sunrise wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:
TS, so you'll get a seat in Arizona?
Sorry, not sure what you mean.

Like an elected one, silly. :P


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Back to digging out a kick ass trench in the frozen mud!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
The Vagrant Erudite wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
No, canned beets, pickles, pig's feet, you name it someone in the Midwest has canned it.

Is Ohio not Midwest enough? I haven't ran into this.

Food is waaaaaaay cheaper than Florida, though. So damn much.

I do love jellies, jams, and preserves. Do I hit up a farmer's market just in case? How much food will I need for blizpocalypse?

You need to go to Grandpa's. It is the greatest jam and jelly place ever. I mean EVER. Get the cherry vanilla. It is AMAZING!

Where is this place? I don't drive more than half an hour away from home, so unless it's in Athens, Nelsonville, or Logan, Ohio, I probably will not see it for a long time.


TriOmegaZero wrote:
Tequila Sunrise wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:
TS, so you'll get a seat in Arizona?
Sorry, not sure what you mean.
Like an elected one, silly. :P

Well, I mean like, which one is in question?

Spoiler:
Our federal representatives are now 5/9 blue. (WOOO!)

Our open federal senate seat is still tightly contested. (I'm pessimistic.)

I haven't checked on our state races yet, I'll be shocked if we took either House or Senate tho.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I don't know whether there's anything quite so frustrating as trying to check the work of your jaded, senior colleague who just doesn't give a s*** any more.

Not only does he not adhere to our standards, but he doesn't adhere to ANY standards; he's up to SIX different ways to navigate to a particular page, and FOUR different ways to edit a file. Considering that a great deal of my antipathy towards "New Math" is focused on the misguided idea that somehow showing students six different ways to do things at once is "helpful", it really triggers me.

Ah, well. Getting it cleaned up, handing it off to my manager, and telling her just how terrible it was. It's what I do.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:

Getting really tired of some of my seniors. Yes, I know you want to be done with school. Yes, I know you don't actually care about anything at school anymore. Have the common courtesy to not say it to my face.

I fear for the workforce. It's beating my head against a wall to throw any information at them anymore. "I won't need to know this for [x job], so I'm not going to do it." You won't need to communicate with people? "I already know how to talk."

I see where you are coming from. The seniors need manners above and beyond the basic, and should be able to humor, if not respect, a teacher making them do something superfluous. But I also was amazed at how much money my college made forcing everyone to do high school all over again, and how nervous/angry they got once we got wise.


NobodysHome wrote:

I don't know whether there's anything quite so frustrating as trying to check the work of your jaded, senior colleague who just doesn't give a s*** any more.

Not only does he not adhere to our standards, but he doesn't adhere to ANY standards; he's up to SIX different ways to navigate to a particular page, and FOUR different ways to edit a file. Considering that a great deal of my antipathy towards "New Math" is focused on the misguided idea that somehow showing students six different ways to do things at once is "helpful", it really triggers me.

Ah, well. Getting it cleaned up, handing it off to my manager, and telling her just how terrible it was. It's what I do.

That's why tenure shouldn't exist.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I've created a monster. The kids have begun trying to out-pun me.

"The US was founded as an agrarian nation, which we know is farming because it comes from the root ager, field."
"Haha, root, farming."
"...wasn't intended as one, but okay."
"I'm trying to cultivate my mind, Ms. Scint."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Vagrant Erudite wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

I don't know whether there's anything quite so frustrating as trying to check the work of your jaded, senior colleague who just doesn't give a s*** any more.

Not only does he not adhere to our standards, but he doesn't adhere to ANY standards; he's up to SIX different ways to navigate to a particular page, and FOUR different ways to edit a file. Considering that a great deal of my antipathy towards "New Math" is focused on the misguided idea that somehow showing students six different ways to do things at once is "helpful", it really triggers me.

Ah, well. Getting it cleaned up, handing it off to my manager, and telling her just how terrible it was. It's what I do.

That's why tenure shouldn't exist.

I'm in tech. There is no tenure. We're just such a monolithic organization that trying to fire someone is a months-long process, and HR will transfer them out of your department before you can finish. (We know. We tried. The guy got yoinked out from under us and is busy screwing up someone else's department.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Vagrant Erudite wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

I don't know whether there's anything quite so frustrating as trying to check the work of your jaded, senior colleague who just doesn't give a s*** any more.

Not only does he not adhere to our standards, but he doesn't adhere to ANY standards; he's up to SIX different ways to navigate to a particular page, and FOUR different ways to edit a file. Considering that a great deal of my antipathy towards "New Math" is focused on the misguided idea that somehow showing students six different ways to do things at once is "helpful", it really triggers me.

Ah, well. Getting it cleaned up, handing it off to my manager, and telling her just how terrible it was. It's what I do.

That's why tenure shouldn't exist.

ageism will keep tenure around forever.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

There are few things as frustrating as unsubtle (probably) dishonest people.

Over lunch I started moving a bunch of drywall from the back shed into the garage. On my first trip I left the garage door open. On my second trip I noticed that a man had appeared, sitting on my curb, staring intently at his phone. Since he was on public property, pretending that he wasn't doing anything, I couldn't shoo him away. But I closed the garage door.

And made the return trip. NINE times. Each time carrying a large piece of drywall or plywood. He never looked up from his phone. He never said, "Hi."
I got a good mental picture of him and just made sure that there wasn't time for him to do anything untowards.

The moment I closed up and locked the garage door, he got up and walked off.

PITA. Now I have to lock all the gates and side doors and tell the neighbors to do the same.

Well, at least he wasn't subtle, so I get to warn everybody.

(And the usual: Since he didn't actually *do* anything, the cops don't care.)

EDIT: And yes, I know, he quite possibly could have been an itinerant worker hoping I'd ask for a hand, but those guys are usually FAR less subtle. "Hi! Whatcha doin'? Y'know, I do some contracting work on the side! Need some help? How much would you pay me for it?"
I've never known an itinerant worker to be silent and menacing. Bad for business.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tequila Sunrise wrote:
Oh are they doing that too? Interesting, I thought that [mechanical] alignment might have hung on in PF, though with paladins it was just a matter of time. Once 4e went with inclusive paladins, there was no going back.

Funny thing though, while I've toying around with different paladin setups since 3.0/3.5, what really pushed me over was the Shadow of the Demon Lord paladin…

Had almost all the mechanical bells and whistles of your usual paladin (a smite, a healing touch, immunity to disease and poison and a divine radiance buffing your party, while debuffing some enemies) in a nice small package, all available without a sword of damocles hanging over your head for acting out of line.

As for the fiddling with Alignment in PF2...
If I remember correctly it was mentioned, in th earliest blogs, that they were consider including such options in the CRB. So I'll chalk it up as a maybe…on the other hand though with a rarity system capable of splitting off spells and whatnot and only the Cleric and Paladin classes having some kind of Alignment restrictions left…
Lets just say I'm hopeful ^^

Scintillae wrote:

Getting really tired of some of my seniors. Yes, I know you want to be done with school. Yes, I know you don't actually care about anything at school anymore. Have the common courtesy to not say it to my face.

Its difficult to say if their somewhat callous attitude come from actual malice, or if it's a bi-product of their (age-dependant) self-absorption...still its another part of the often dis-hearting job of being a teacher who actually cares about the youngins they're teaching.

*Offers back-pats (and hugs) to Scint*

209,601 to 209,650 of 238,513 << first < prev | 4188 | 4189 | 4190 | 4191 | 4192 | 4193 | 4194 | 4195 | 4196 | 4197 | 4198 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.