Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

203,151 to 203,200 of 235,695 << first < prev | 4059 | 4060 | 4061 | 4062 | 4063 | 4064 | 4065 | 4066 | 4067 | 4068 | 4069 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

It is a sauna today. This Monday is turning out to be a real Monday.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Question: Should I be posting beans to my ex?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Of course I'm naked. It's a sauna in here.


Limeylongears wrote:
Question: Should I be posting beans to my ex?

I have no idea what, "posting beans" means, so, until then, I'mma say, "No." unless it's a good idea, in which case, "Yeah, sure."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:
Question: Should I be posting beans to my ex?

of course. She needs to eat too.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Kiddo who hates my puns was so excited they would be free from it after this year and enjoy senior year in peace.

Kiddo just got assigned to my homeroom that follows you till graduation roster.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:

Kiddo who hates my puns was so excited they would be free from it after this year and enjoy senior year in peace.

Kiddo just got assigned to my homeroom that follows you till graduation roster.

Well, that's kiddo's punishment for fighting the inevitable.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I had nothing to do with this.


Scintillae wrote:
I had nothing to do with this.

I never said you did!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

What can I say, gods work in mysterious ways.

Also, sometimes even fate has a sense of humor.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

Soda isn't cheaper than water where I live.

You can get a 24 pack of spring water for under 4 dollars, good luck finding the same in soda for under 6.

Here water is between two to four times cheaper than soda. Depending on water and soda.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ok, occasionally you can get soda in the price of mineral/spring water...

Usually you regret getting such soda.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil Kjeldorn wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:

Yes please!

*opens mouth wide ready to catch and eat them as they come.*

Besides, why would I even bother with a s*ck-joke...

You gave me a perfectly good money-shoot joke right here :P

*Gives Mort a loving nuzzle*

Oh dear. I wasn't eating any of those!

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

Soda isn't cheaper than water where I live.

You can get a 24 pack of spring water for under 4 dollars, good luck finding the same in soda for under 6.

Here water is between two to four times cheaper than soda. Depending on water and soda.

Soda cheaper then water is an American thing.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Scintillae wrote:

Kiddo who hates my puns was so excited they would be free from it after this year and enjoy senior year in peace.

Kiddo just got assigned to my homeroom that follows you till graduation roster.

Well, that's kiddo's punishment for fighting the inevitable.

That's just so bad, TL.

*shakes head*


Just a Mort wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Scintillae wrote:

Kiddo who hates my puns was so excited they would be free from it after this year and enjoy senior year in peace.

Kiddo just got assigned to my homeroom that follows you till graduation roster.

Well, that's kiddo's punishment for fighting the inevitable.

That's just so bad, TL.

*shakes head*

<3


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Seriously, I just want one interaction between old neighbors with grudges against each other to not end in the vengeful transmission of ear mites to the grandkids' dog.

Just one.

Begins making vet appointment.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pharasma, Lady of Graves wrote:

What can I say, gods work in mysterious ways.

Also, sometimes even fate has a sense of humor.

you owe me a bike. A nice one.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

Seriously, I just want one interaction between old neighbors with grudges against each other to not end in the vengeful transmission of ear mites to the grandkids' dog.

Just one.

Begins making vet appointment.

...what? I'm all about vengeance, but this seems roundabout.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Two hours into faculty housekeeping PD day. I think I've aged five years.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

An old neighbor with a grudge against the General's parents came by with a bag of dog hair from his barn dogs and exposed their dog and our kids to it, our kids brought them home and our poor dog now has to get sedated so someone can put a cone on his head, because dogs are too stupid and obsessive to not scratch their face


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

Seriously, I just want one interaction between old neighbors with grudges against each other to not end in the vengeful transmission of ear mites to the grandkids' dog.

Just one.

Begins making vet appointment.

...what? I'm all about vengeance, but this seems roundabout.

That's how vengeance works in the Midwest.

Most people watch bond movies and say "oh come on! Just press the button already!"

A Midwesterner watches the same movie and exclaims "Oh for Pete's sake, he only needed an extra three hours before the super laser was online!! G#!%@~n brits!!!"


3 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
An old neighbor with a grudge against the General's parents came by with a bag of dog hair from his barn dogs and exposed their dog and our kids to it, our kids brought them home and our poor dog now has to get sedated so someone can put a cone on his head, because dogs are too stupid and obsessive to not scratch their face

That seems... criminal? Like, actually criminal?


4 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
An old neighbor with a grudge against the General's parents came by with a bag of dog hair from his barn dogs and exposed their dog and our kids to it, our kids brought them home and our poor dog now has to get sedated so someone can put a cone on his head, because dogs are too stupid and obsessive to not scratch their face

sounds like the general needs to break out the [insert General's maiden name] family baseball bat and find the knees of the responsible party. If she wishes, I will ensure no witnesses or interruptions to the act, and fastidiously clean the area where the act takes place to ensure no legal curiosities occur.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

CPR training video has long enough pauses for presumed audience practice that I'm continually expecting Dora the Explorer to pop up and ask me to identify the ribcage.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

She has offered her parents her baseball bat capabilities yes.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

"Basically, everything is running on a moral compass based on old German fairytales" - the General, explaining how her hometown operates.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Did this video actually just say "Congratulations, you know how to phone 911."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Pharasma, Lady of Graves wrote:

What can I say, gods work in mysterious ways.

Also, sometimes even fate has a sense of humor.

you owe me a bike. A nice one.

Rides past on a bicycle wearing a bowler hat and fake mustache, gouging several buildings on his way.

You heard him! Pay the man!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yay, half the users in my division of the company couldn't get into email this morning! Yay!

Wait...no...that meant that I only *now* have had the time to do anything other than deal with a major issue.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Coworker: "...is it bad that knowing we have another hour of suicide prevention training makes me think about suicide more?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I think this video might have the most disconnected narrator possible for the topic. It's...jarring.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

It sounds like a very upbeat old man, and I legitimately heard him inflect scare quotes for "online."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:
Question: Should I be posting beans to my ex?
I have no idea what, "posting beans" means, so, until then, I'mma say, "No." unless it's a good idea, in which case, "Yeah, sure."

Sometimes beans are just beans - it isn't a euphemism for anything (yet)I have some Egyptian broad beans spare; since she is a keen gardener, I thought I'd share them with her via the Royal Mail, unless doing so would send ALL (DE) into a jealous frenzy, which I doubt.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:
Question: Should I be posting beans to my ex?
I have no idea what, "posting beans" means, so, until then, I'mma say, "No." unless it's a good idea, in which case, "Yeah, sure."
Sometimes beans are just beans - it isn't a euphemism for anything (yet)I have some Egyptian broad beans spare; since she is a keen gardener, I thought I'd share them with her via the Royal Mail, unless doing so would send ALL (DE) into a jealous frenzy, which I doubt.

its a can of beans.

Send it to her. ALL(DE) will understand.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
"Basically, everything is running on a moral compass based on old German fairytales" - the General, explaining how her hometown operates.

did she tell the story of Little Miss Baseball Bat and The Man Who Was Savagely Beaten?

Because she really should tell that story.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Achaekek, He Who Walks In Blood wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Pharasma, Lady of Graves wrote:

What can I say, gods work in mysterious ways.

Also, sometimes even fate has a sense of humor.

you owe me a bike. A nice one.

Rides past on a bicycle wearing a bowler hat and fake mustache, gouging several buildings on his way.

You heard him! Pay the man!!

see, this guy gets it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Milwaukee went well, other than being forced to watch a movie that nobody should have had to watch. I even felt bad for the actors, but they all collected a nice paycheck, so I don't feel *that* bad for them.

Zelda, 2 of the kids, and I stayed at Zelda's mom's house. The kids got the guest beds, while Zelda and I were relegated to an air mattress on the living room floor.

Met Zelda's sister, brother, sister-in-law, and then a bunch of relatives she rarely sees (and some she didn't know) at an uncle's wake.

The "movie" I was drug to was Mamma Mia 2. It was atrocious. Even Zelda was apologizing to me for it, and that was only 20 minutes into it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Dang it, a two hour wait to get tire repaired.

Crookshanks and I are instead going to every discount furniture or electronic store in the area, which is a lot.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Oh, and I forgot the highlight: The Oak and Shield Pub at 600 E Ogden in Milwaukee. It's a giant nerdgasm. The youngest (who is 11) declared it "the coolest place on Earth."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
Oh, and I forgot the highlight: The Oak and Shield Pub at 600 E Ogden in Milwaukee. It's a giant nerdgasm. The youngest (who is 11) declared it "the coolest place on Earth."

I like that kid!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:

Milwaukee went well, other than being forced to watch a movie that nobody should have had to watch. I even felt bad for the actors, but they all collected a nice paycheck, so I don't feel *that* bad for them.

Zelda, 2 of the kids, and I stayed at Zelda's mom's house. The kids got the guest beds, while Zelda and I were relegated to an air mattress on the living room floor.

Met Zelda's sister, brother, sister-in-law, and then a bunch of relatives she rarely sees (and some she didn't know) at an uncle's wake.

The "movie" I was drug to was Mamma Mia 2. It was atrocious. Even Zelda was apologizing to me for it, and that was only 20 minutes into it.

Wooooooow...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

User 1 sends me an email on behalf of User 2: User 2 is locked out of her computer, can you call her at xxx-xxx-xxxx?

Me: You can put in a ticket for her and one of us will get to it as soon as we are available.

User 1 then sends the exact same email to one of my techs, hoping for a different answer.

My tech is completely ignoring the email, and was doing so without me telling him to do so.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

In order to get Yellow to watch the Fellowship, I promised to watch the Human Centipede.

I am told it will scar me for life.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

A question for my fellow Hearthstoners:

Do you have a philosophy about using hero powers? Like, how frequently do you use it in a match? Obviously it's gonna vary by deck, but do you have a personal guideline?

Asking bc Baku and Genn have got me thinking about hero powers.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

In order to get Yellow to watch the Fellowship, I promised to watch the Human Centipede.

I am told it will scar me for life.

You are going to be on the losing end of this agreement. In no way are these equivalent movies.

You might want to prepare yourself with something light, like A Clockwork Orange.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Yeah. And to dispel any confusion, A Clockwork Orange is a horrible film devoid of anything good. It’s brilliant but abject misery. The Human Centipede is just, from all reports, horrid torture porn.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Geeze.

You'd think noone ever saw Hostel.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

When I tried just now to favorite a post, I got booted back up to the top of the page. Does anyone else have this issue, or is it just me?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Also, Hi everyone.

203,151 to 203,200 of 235,695 << first < prev | 4059 | 4060 | 4061 | 4062 | 4063 | 4064 | 4065 | 4066 | 4067 | 4068 | 4069 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.