Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

202,951 to 203,000 of 240,238 << first < prev | 4055 | 4056 | 4057 | 4058 | 4059 | 4060 | 4061 | 4062 | 4063 | 4064 | 4065 | next > last >>

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Starship Captain Yesterday wrote:

Soulfire weapon fusion!!

You jam it on a Solarian weapon crystal and then you add your charisma bonus in addition to your strength bonus to damage, and it's a level 1 fusion!

F~~% yes!

So... Wait...

The better you smile the more it hurts?
Edit: ...and would this give me a bonus or a penalty?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Barathu tech rules!

"Is that a tentacle on your arm, or are you just happy to see me!"

"I guess that's for the arm cannon to decide!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I didn't even realize I needed a Fireball Flame Launcher, until now.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ahh I see. Very glad to hear Hi's gift came in handy, I'd be really grumpy if I had nothing to eat either...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

New favorite weapon name!

Braggadocio Handcannon.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

Biotech augmentation, eagle eyes.

Nope, definitely don't want to know where they came from.

They came from cats.

So, what's the return policy on these, do they just jam them back into the cat's eye socket (does Mort know about this!) or do they make the individual customer do that.

"Oh I'm sorry, we don't include the restocking fee, you'll have to put those back yourself!" *large cat growl*

No returns allowed. The cats don't want them back. They are very satisfied with their replacement eyes (taken from blue whales).

[Dice=claw Gran]1d20+4

The dice gods really don't like me d@mnit.

You don't want eyes the size of dinner plates?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:

Anyway the full breakdown of the whole thing:

Cooking in other's peoples kitchens is different from your own.

That one, already knew, so I'm not too critical of myself if I don't get everything picture perfect on the first try.

So the eggs I think were a little too cooked for their taste, but again they cracked when I put them in boiling water, despite me lowering them gently in with a soup ladle (usually the tendency is for people to drop the eggs in with bare hands, which results in cracks on the eggs). I think next time I should wait until its almost boiling but not quite, before dropping the eggs in.

The noodles turned out a little bit too soft for my liking, but again I didn't want to serve their family uncooked noodles. Besides usually the portion I cook for myself and my brother is half the amount I cooked today. Increasing the proportion adds additional challenges, like how to get all the noodles out before they turn soggy. (There was too much water in the pot, and the pot was made out of glass), for me to simply just pour the water out like I do at home)

Gripping the shabu shabu out with tongs got tiring, since I'm not used to gripping so much - that's 600 g of shabu shabu I was shabuing. After my fingers started to get tired, and I dropped a piece of shabu, I decided to stick to chopsticks to pull out the shabu shabu.

I'd probably have prepared more black fungus and spring onion, but I was unsure if it was just me and my BF eating or their entire family.

Then his mom started passing me the soba saying that she didn't know what to do with it, so my next cooking project in his house will be soba. Probably with black pepper/terriyaki chicken as a side dish.

Regarding eggs: I can't say from experience since I don't eat eggs, but I know my Mom puts the eggs in the water before putting the pot on the stove. Supposedly that keeps them from cracking. Again, I don't know for sure.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Starship Captain Yesterday wrote:
I didn't even realize I needed a Fireball Flame Launcher, until now.

Is that a flame that launches fireballs?


3 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

New favorite weapon name!

Braggadocio Handcannon.

How about "The Overcompensator"?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Armory says Lashunta like to eat giant insect meat as an insult to their ancient formian enemies.

"But dad, why do I have to eat ant!"

"Spite, son, spite"

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

Biotech augmentation, eagle eyes.

Nope, definitely don't want to know where they came from.

They came from cats.

So, what's the return policy on these, do they just jam them back into the cat's eye socket (does Mort know about this!) or do they make the individual customer do that.

"Oh I'm sorry, we don't include the restocking fee, you'll have to put those back yourself!" *large cat growl*

No returns allowed. The cats don't want them back. They are very satisfied with their replacement eyes (taken from blue whales).

[Dice=claw Gran]1d20+4

The dice gods really don't like me d@mnit.

You don't want eyes the size of dinner plates?

No, whale eyesight isn't that good out of water

Besides my head wouldn't be able to carry eyes the size of dinner plates.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:

Anyway the full breakdown of the whole thing:

Cooking in other's peoples kitchens is different from your own.

That one, already knew, so I'm not too critical of myself if I don't get everything picture perfect on the first try.

So the eggs I think were a little too cooked for their taste, but again they cracked when I put them in boiling water, despite me lowering them gently in with a soup ladle (usually the tendency is for people to drop the eggs in with bare hands, which results in cracks on the eggs). I think next time I should wait until its almost boiling but not quite, before dropping the eggs in.

The noodles turned out a little bit too soft for my liking, but again I didn't want to serve their family uncooked noodles. Besides usually the portion I cook for myself and my brother is half the amount I cooked today. Increasing the proportion adds additional challenges, like how to get all the noodles out before they turn soggy. (There was too much water in the pot, and the pot was made out of glass), for me to simply just pour the water out like I do at home)

Gripping the shabu shabu out with tongs got tiring, since I'm not used to gripping so much - that's 600 g of shabu shabu I was shabuing. After my fingers started to get tired, and I dropped a piece of shabu, I decided to stick to chopsticks to pull out the shabu shabu.

I'd probably have prepared more black fungus and spring onion, but I was unsure if it was just me and my BF eating or their entire family.

Then his mom started passing me the soba saying that she didn't know what to do with it, so my next cooking project in his house will be soba. Probably with black pepper/terriyaki chicken as a side dish.

Regarding eggs: I can't say from experience since I don't eat eggs, but I know my Mom puts the eggs in the water before putting the pot on the stove. Supposedly that keeps them from cracking. Again, I don't know for sure.

It would, since the eggs gradually heat up, giving the shell time to expand etc, and not subject to sudden change in temperature. The problem is that way I need to re-experiment what is the correct timing for getting a half-boiled egg that way, since the time taken to boil can vary per which container you're using.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

Biotech augmentation, eagle eyes.

Nope, definitely don't want to know where they came from.

They came from cats.

[Dice=Claw Gran]1d20+4

[Dice=dmg on hit]1d4+2

Oh gurt D@mnit.

shes speaking in tongues again.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

New favorite weapon name!

Braggadocio Handcannon.

that really sounds like a pet name for someone's manhood.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I already did, he's named Eduardo and he likes French literature and writes Doctor Who fan fiction.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

My brain is simply stuck in T&A mode today…
At least the internet has me sorted out for that particular craving...

*Sigh*

Not really feeling things today. A bit moody and down.

So (really) weird question:
I'm packing up a gift box for a friend, the usual candies, knick-knacks and other random stuff I've picked up.
So what would send the most cheeky, confusing and torturously face-palmable message: old Victorian replica handcuffs or leather cuff bracelets?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kjeldorn wrote:

My brain is simply stuck in T&A mode today…

At least the internet has me sorted out for that particular craving...

*Sigh*

Not really feeling things today. A bit moody and down.

So (really) weird question:
I'm packing up a gift box for a friend, the usual candies, knick-knacks and other random stuff I've picked up.
So what would send the most cheeky, confusing and torturously face-palmable message: old Victorian replica handcuffs or leather cuff bracelets?

always go fuzzy cuffs.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Why NobodysHome Should Not Be Allowed To See Other Topics
I saw this thread on baiting and really really want to go there and make a baiting post.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

New Hobby for Freehold:
Fly out to Berkeley every Friday night. On Saturday morning at around 10:00 am, put on a 40 lb (18 kg) pack and go hiking up the Arlington. It's just under 6 miles and 600' up, but the sheer number of beautiful young women in tank tops and tights who will beam at you, cheerfully say, "Hello," or even stop to chat is truly awe-inspiring.

It's like flirting, without the creepy lechery.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

New Hobby for Freehold:

Fly out to Berkeley every Friday night. On Saturday morning at around 10:00 am, put on a 40 lb (18 kg) pack and go hiking up the Arlington. It's just under 6 miles and 600' up, but the sheer number of beautiful young women in tank tops and tights who will beam at you, cheerfully say, "Hello," or even stop to chat is truly awe-inspiring.

It's like flirting, without the creepy lechery.

but...but...I need the creepy lechery!

More seriously, if I am in the area, it's a guys morning out. Or maybe guys and girls, bring Gothbard along.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Kjeldorn wrote:

My brain is simply stuck in T&A mode today…

At least the internet has me sorted out for that particular craving...

*Sigh*

Not really feeling things today. A bit moody and down.

So (really) weird question:
I'm packing up a gift box for a friend, the usual candies, knick-knacks and other random stuff I've picked up.
So what would send the most cheeky, confusing and torturously face-palmable message: old Victorian replica handcuffs or leather cuff bracelets?

always go fuzzy cuffs.

Would if I had any, though that would be even more on the nose for said person :P

Not that, it wouldn't elicit a snicker from said person...

NobodysHome wrote:

Why NobodysHome Should Not Be Allowed To See Other Topics

I saw this thread on baiting and really really want to go there and make a baiting post.

Or how "I disagree" became the single biggest challenge to an individual's identity, ethics, politics and history.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Went to see ALL (DE) and her kids yesterday, stayed over, and this morning we went to the park, fed the ducks/geese/other waterfowl which went peep and met lots of friendly dogs. Then I went home, did a bunch of sidesword and targa drills, then recorded a song, using *two different bass sounds* wowee. I also read the Fighting Fantasy book 'Masks of Mayhem', and only got to the end by cheating horribly. Still got no idea which way I should have gone in order to win properly, but at least the illustrations (Russ Nicholson?) were nice.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I have a side project scheduled! I'll be getting underpaid for it, by a lot, but it's for a really good friend, in a high end hipster neighborhood with a lot of foot traffic, the guy talks to everyone and is super enthusiastic, and Crookshanks will get some valuable experience.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

It used to be I would be able to go to the My account page to see if a pending order has shipped, they'd have account settings and aliases on one side the order history and sub management on the other.

But since they switched to the new format they have it all in one column with order history and god knows what else after my account settings and aliases.

Which is fine, except for, you know, the 470 aliases.

I anticipate reaching my order history sometime in June of 2020.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Most preposterously painful looking weapon.

Shell knuckles, basically reinforced gloves with shotgun shells taped to the knuckles, so when you punch someone they fire.

Ouch!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

New Hobby for Freehold:

Fly out to Berkeley every Friday night. On Saturday morning at around 10:00 am, put on a 40 lb (18 kg) pack and go hiking up the Arlington. It's just under 6 miles and 600' up, but the sheer number of beautiful young women in tank tops and tights who will beam at you, cheerfully say, "Hello," or even stop to chat is truly awe-inspiring.

It's like flirting, without the creepy lechery.

10 am? Savages...

Although... With time zone difference...

Add one, subtract eight, keep the rest...

7 pm. That's manageable.

Now, where could I get a cheap plane to Berkeley...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

The temperatures went down considerably today after a night of rain. It can't be all good and nice, though, so I got a headache in return.

Also, I am sleepy despite getting up around 6 pm, mere five hours ago (I went to bed very late, and then got woken up by guys checking the gas installation, and multiple times by various sounds outside, typical).


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I should write something/finish writing for tomorrow.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

Most preposterously painful looking weapon.

Shell knuckles, basically reinforced gloves with shotgun shells taped to the knuckles, so when you punch someone they fire.

Ouch!

I would like to see a picture of that....need to make sure it isnt too bubblegum crisis/kenichi sonoda.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

Most preposterously painful looking weapon.

Shell knuckles, basically reinforced gloves with shotgun shells taped to the knuckles, so when you punch someone they fire.

Ouch!

What could possibly go wrong with that, I ask you.

Eh, who needs fingers?


captain yesterday wrote:

Most preposterously painful looking weapon.

Shell knuckles, basically reinforced gloves with shotgun shells taped to the knuckles, so when you punch someone they fire.

Ouch!

Freehold DM wrote:
I would like to see a picture of that....need to make sure it isnt too bubblegum crisis/kenichi sonoda.

I had a different potential inspiration in mind.

Limeylongears wrote:

What could possibly go wrong with that, I ask you.

Eh, who needs fingers?

Certainly not Yan- ooh, too soon?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

Most preposterously painful looking weapon.

Shell knuckles, basically reinforced gloves with shotgun shells taped to the knuckles, so when you punch someone they fire.

Ouch!

What could possibly go wrong with that, I ask you.

Eh, who needs fingers?

Sounds rather Ork-ish actually…

Would fit right in with the "Tank-Hammer", which is essentially a Rocket propelled grenade on a stick.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Lets try getting some sleep.

I took a melatonin pill earlier. Now I feel a bit sleep. A bit.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Nighty night Drejk!

May you dream of huge hoards, plentiful livestock and "virgin" sacrifices (being a modern dragon I'm sure you don't really put much stock in the virgin-part ^^' ).


6 people marked this as a favorite.

I AM OFFICIALLY WEDDING-DRUNK WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO


Freehold DM wrote:
I AM OFFICIALLY WEDDING-DRUNK WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

As much as i usually hate suit'n'tie affairs...and a multitude of people milling about around me, I'm actually a bit envious. I Could really use an excuse to drink myself into the gutter right now.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kjeldorn wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
I AM OFFICIALLY WEDDING-DRUNK WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

As much as i usually hate suit'n'tie affairs...and a multitude of people milling about around me, I'm actually a bit envious. I Could really use an excuse to drink myself into the gutter right now.

you should be mu plus one, I will get you drunk and laaaaaaaaid

The Exchange

3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Why NobodysHome Should Not Be Allowed To See Other Topics

I saw this thread on baiting and really really want to go there and make a baiting post.

Bad NH!

*Smacks him on the nose with rolled up newspaper!*

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:

Lets try getting some sleep.

I took a melatonin pill earlier. Now I feel a bit sleep. A bit.

Generally I like working out to get myself more tired, then if you're trying to get to sleep, actively slow your breathing down. At least it works for me.

But if I have something big up the next day(like cooking for my BF and his family, yeah I won't sleep well either. It's that sense of responsibility.

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
I AM OFFICIALLY WEDDING-DRUNK WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dedicated to Freehold


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Kjeldorn wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
I AM OFFICIALLY WEDDING-DRUNK WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

As much as i usually hate suit'n'tie affairs...and a multitude of people milling about around me, I'm actually a bit envious. I Could really use an excuse to drink myself into the gutter right now.

you should be mu plus one, I will get you drunk and laaaaaaaaid

I admire your adventurous spirit!

While the first part isn't much of a quest…after a sharing bottle or two of quality booze, I'm usually ready to find a weird sleeping spot, with toilets, walk-in closets and wardrobes being my favorite haunts.

The second part though…
That's a quest of epic proportions!
With you by my side though…who knows! Stranger things have in all probability happened ;P

Seriously though Freehold, thanks for just offering your company and your time. Everything tells me you're a genuine, decent and caring person.

*Pats Freehold on the shoulder, and offers a hug*

Now don't let me distract you any longer, have fun at the wedding! Drink and be marry for us all here!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

And I am up again.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Now I am eating.


Drejk wrote:
Now I am eating.

Sounds delicious! (What is it?)

... no, but I'm hungry. I should go and do likewise.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Kjeldorn wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Kjeldorn wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
I AM OFFICIALLY WEDDING-DRUNK WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

As much as i usually hate suit'n'tie affairs...and a multitude of people milling about around me, I'm actually a bit envious. I Could really use an excuse to drink myself into the gutter right now.

you should be mu plus one, I will get you drunk and laaaaaaaaid

I admire your adventurous spirit!

While the first part isn't much of a quest…after a sharing bottle or two of quality booze, I'm usually ready to find a weird sleeping spot, with toilets, walk-in closets and wardrobes being my favorite haunts.

The second part though…
That's a quest of epic proportions!
With you by my side though…who knows! Stranger things have in all probability happened ;P

Seriously though Freehold, thanks for just offering your company and your time. Everything tells me you're a genuine, decent and caring person.

*Pats Freehold on the shoulder, and offers a hug*

Now don't let me distract you any longer, have fun at the wedding! Drink and be marry for us all here!

FORWARD

FEAR NOT THE UNKNOWN

BLOOD AND GLORY THIS DAY


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Its about tuck-in time for me.

Goodnight FaWtL!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Now I am eating.

Sounds delicious! (What is it?)

... no, but I'm hungry. I should go and do likewise.

Pierogi.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Dang it, now I'm gonna have to make some of those tomorrow.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ok this is funny...I made myself a mecha'thun deck, and the opponent, a warrior using Doctor Boom, conceded, when I got my deck fatigued.

Why I did it..? FOR SCIENCE!

I had 27 hp, 18 armor. My opponent had 29 hp, 40+ armor. But again I wasn't the least concerned since...yeah the Mecha'thun was in my hand and I was just wearing my hand down to fulfill the win condition.

I strongly believe that he knew what was coming...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Melatonin is kind of weird how it works. Its effect can vary greatly even taking the same amount etc. I think I remember the theory is their is another chemical it is reacting with and it can give varied results.

202,951 to 203,000 of 240,238 << first < prev | 4055 | 4056 | 4057 | 4058 | 4059 | 4060 | 4061 | 4062 | 4063 | 4064 | 4065 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.