Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

202,701 to 202,750 of 239,712 << first < prev | 4050 | 4051 | 4052 | 4053 | 4054 | 4055 | 4056 | 4057 | 4058 | 4059 | 4060 | next > last >>
The Exchange

4 people marked this as a favorite.

The problem with all these environmental issues is that developing nations are complaining that the first world nations have had centuries to enjoy the bounty of the earth, so why should they not be given the same opportunity(aka industralize and start polluting the environment)?

Again...this has potential to turn political, so I really should stop here.

I have no idea how talking about the environment gets you naked.

Maybe it's the nekkid truth.

*gets dressed*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well also the 1st world nations still don't want to stop also. You right though best to stop.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I am not happy that I understand how Cassandra must have felt.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Yeah the reef thing is terrible. I think that thing I posted about millennials nihilist nature mention something like that. We know this stuff is happening but feel we can't do anything about it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:

The problem with all these environmental issues is that developing nations are complaining that the first world nations have had centuries to enjoy the bounty of the earth, so why should they not be given the same opportunity(aka industralize and start polluting the environment)?

Again...this has potential to turn political, so I really should stop here.

I have no idea how talking about the environment gets you naked.

Maybe it's nekkid truth.

*gets dressed*

Global warming made you sweaty so you stripped down, maybe?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

That was a joke. Not getting political. Stopping now.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:

Monitor lizard spotted

views from jelutong tower

Me by reservoir side with alter self on

you look impish.

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I generally am a little imp anyway. Love playing tricks on others =)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Examples!


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Thys weeke in Limey's Wonderfulle Worlde of Shields: ye targa

They are most enjoyable to use, and mightily effective, but ye edge needeth reinforcement, as I hath used it fore but iii fyghtes, and it already has a greate dente in itte.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

You remember the time of the dissappearing passionfruits? Tell me to try some, bragging on how the batch is good and passionfruits don't keep well will result in you losing all your passionfruits.

My explaination: You didn't tell me not to eat them all!

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Also I told everyone in an online chatroom that I had a tail. They said pics or it didn't happen. I took a photo of my Ponytail and showed it to them.

Ponytail is still a tail =)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It does have tail right in the name.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Don't let Freehold know that you will send out pictures of your tail or he will never stop hounding you.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

He will "tail" you for the rest of your life.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sharoth wrote:
He will "tail" you for the rest of your life.

If he likes them that much he should just check out a re-tail store.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Un-Bear-able Puns wrote:
Sharoth wrote:
He will "tail" you for the rest of your life.
If he likes them that much he should just check out a re-tail store.

He sometimes does tell some tall tails.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I thought I had a tail, once

Then they turned left.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

I thought I had a tail, once

Then they turned left.

Oh subtle. took me a second.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
I hope none of the dead guys were Malek... Malek can't die!

Well, he *did* go to -4 hit points while raging, and I asked the inevitable, "So, does that include your temporary hit points?" because I was sure I'd just killed Malek.

Impus Major's response? "What temporary hit points?"

That allowed Malek to stay standing, pick up Kwai Chang's corpse, and participate in the general retreat.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sharoth wrote:
Un-Bear-able Puns wrote:
Sharoth wrote:
He will "tail" you for the rest of your life.
If he likes them that much he should just check out a re-tail store.
He sometimes does tell some tall tails.

If you want one but don't have one, I can recommend a good tail-or.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Mort, it's a much better picture of you without the giant vegetable monster lurking behind you.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
Mort, it's a much better picture of you without the giant vegetable monster lurking behind you.

I like the vegetable one. Reminds me of captain yesterday.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The giant vegetable monster is harmless. If he tried anything funny I'd eat him up. I'm an om-nom-nom-nivore.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I must've missed something.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
I must've missed something.

I don't know why the vegetable monster reminds Freehold of you either. Sometimes it's best to just let Freehold's mind do some free association and not really question the whole matter.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
(Side note: I always hated those kids who would wait until someone else said something and then chimed in with "Yes, I agree completely. I was going to say the same thing myself." when they had no intention of doing so, and then acting like they were actually contributing to the discussion.)

We would not have gotten along - while I honestly had many intentions of bringing things up, with attention deficit and an attempt to follow the lesson first, I'd often forget my points, unless someone else made a similar point, before I remembered it. It was always a pleasant moment of, "Oh, yeah! That thing!"

(But I can understand how it might be super-annoying to others: after all, they can't read my mind.)

gran rey de los mono wrote:

And I hate being called "shy". I had to deal with that crap all through school, I even had a professor in college tell me that I needed to "get over being so shy". I'm not shy. I didn't speak u in class because either A) I didn't give a s$!% about the discussion, or B) I had nothing to add to the discussion.

<snip>

This led to pretty much every teacher telling me (or my parents at parent/teacher conferences) that I was too shy. Which always gave my parents a laugh because while I do tend to be rather quiet, I will definitely talk if the subject is interesting.

In the defense of those fussing at you: they had no real way of knowing that. Forced group participation can be a frustrating thing, but it's extremely important because of the limitations on human understanding and interaction.

gran rey de los mono wrote:
And don't ask me to be in a play, either. Again, not because I'm shy or have stage-fright or whatever. I just have no interest in acting. Hell, I don't even like watching plays so there's no way I'm going to be in one.

This falls into the classic fallacy of, "If I don't like to watch it, I won't enjoy doing it!" which, as I can attest, isn't actually how interests work. For example, I... can't... watch... sportsball. Like, I just... I just can't.

(At least not on tv; a live game is better, but that's because I have more people to talk to - even so, though, I don't want to devote that much time.)

On the other hand I'll play sportsball at all sorts of times. It can be pretty fun!

While acting is (for most) a passive or receptive medium, a dislike of being passive does not necessarily equate to a dislike of active production!

gran rey de los mono wrote:
As for speeches, again I hate listening to them so why would I want to give one. Besides, most of the people in the audience don't want to hear what I have to say, so let's just skip it.

This also runs into a presumptive fallacy: why wouldn't we care about what you have to say? As an example, while I'm actively disagreeing with some of your points, I find the conversation - or at least the concepts behind it - valuable, and worthwhile, because it provides another potential avenue of conversation and understanding of those with different views.

Now, for all that...

Vidmaster7 wrote:

Ah I see your probably thinking of the typical erroneous definition of introvert. The best way I can describe how it was meant to be used is the following: For an extrovert being around a lot of people is energizing it makes them more lively and talkative. For an introvert Being around people is draining You have to put energy into it. So its not necessarily because we are shy Its just an investment of our resources to communicate and we like some return for that investment.

(<Boom any excuse to break out my Psychology B.S.>)

"Yes, I agree completely. I was going to say the same thing myself."

*cough*

(No, but seriously, I actually, honestly was, more or less, going to make the same point, before I saw Vid's post on the matter.)


As an aside, I lurve parties and people and folks... but I can get exhausted of such things and just... need... space. I am most definitely not shy, and I can yammer on for hours; but I also prefer to stay at home and be there.

Though I have a few elements of extroversion (occasionally craving going out, enjoying the company of people, and so on), I also have some powerful introversion traits. The latter does not equate to shy, though they can be related.

(But when we were growing up, many people really didn't understand such things, so we're only learning some truths about ourselves, now.)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Vanykrye wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
I must've missed something.
I don't know why the vegetable monster reminds Freehold of you either. Sometimes it's best to just let Freehold's mind do some free association and not really question the whole matter.

That's because I grow monster vegetables.

Last year I had a tomato plant that grew 6 feet tall and might've eaten rabbits and a small dog (a joke! The neighbor's dog went missing last fall and a small tuft of fur was found in the garden, the dog turned up fine two days later).

It could've been the pumpkins too, they got out of control last year too.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well, yes, but that's still a bit short of the Vegetable Monster that was looming over Mort in that picture.


7 people marked this as a favorite.

This.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

This.

Yeah, I read that one last night and just laughed.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
Well, yes, but that's still a bit short of the Vegetable Monster that was looming over Mort in that picture.

give him time...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

All I need is more manure and coffee.

Puts on a pot of coffee, grabs a newspaper and walks out to the garden.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

shudders


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Something new came out for mechwarrior dark ages.

I am somewhat cheered.

I may also get the witcher rpg.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

*Flops onto the thread*

Tired…
Gooie brained…
Feeling a bit Blegh…

Just going to stay here in my corner and observe…


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I went outside to work at noon.

It was thirty minutes before my water ran out and I started sweating into my glasses.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Starting sweating?

I think I haven't stopped sweating since June...

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Kjeldorn wrote:

*Flops onto the thread*

Tired…
Gooie brained…
Feeling a bit Blegh…

Just going to stay here in my corner and observe…

*suspects it's the heat and passes Kjeldorn a tub chocolate ice cream to help him cool off.*

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

I went outside to work at noon.

It was thirty minutes before my water ran out and I started sweating into my glasses.

Did you have to? I heard it's so hot that the tarmac is softening, causing the airport to close in Phoenix. Might really risk getting heat stroke.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Oh I was sweating from the start.

30 minutes is how long it took my sweat to start dripping onto the inner lenses of my glasses.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

My left, lower back is a bit achy from that little hike yesterday. I'm going to do body combat during lunch time and play badminton with colleagues after work!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:


We would not have gotten along - while I honestly had many intentions of bringing things up, with attention deficit and an attempt to follow the lesson first, I'd often forget my points, unless someone else made a similar point, before I remembered it. It was always a pleasant moment of, "Oh, yeah! That thing!"

(But I can understand how it might be super-annoying to others: after all, they can't read my mind.)

I'm fine with that. I was really thinking about some people I went to school with who would do this just to seem smart and act like they were contributing when they really weren't.

Tacticslion wrote:


In the defense of those fussing at you: they had no real way of knowing that. Forced group participation can be a frustrating thing, but it's extremely important because of the limitations on human understanding and interaction.

I went to the same school from grade 2 through 8. It was in a town of less than 1,000 people. I knew all the teachers fairly well, and yet every one of them insisted that I was shy. I guess none of them could accept that I found their classes boring.

Tacticslion wrote:


This falls into the classic fallacy of, "If I don't like to watch it, I won't enjoy doing it!" which, as I can attest, isn't actually how interests work. For example, I... can't... watch... sportsball. Like, I just... I just can't.

(At least not on tv; a live game is better, but that's because I have more people to talk to - even so, though, I don't want to devote that much time.)

On the other hand I'll play sportsball at all sorts of times. It can be pretty fun!

While acting is (for most) a passive or receptive medium, a dislike of being passive does not necessarily equate to a dislike of active production!

There are certainly a number of things I like to do that I don't like watching. Acting is not one of them.

Tacticslion wrote:
This also runs into a presumptive fallacy: why wouldn't we care about what you have to say? As an example, while I'm actively disagreeing with some of your points, I find the conversation - or at least the concepts behind it - valuable, and worthwhile, because it provides another potential avenue of conversation and understanding of those with different views.

You likely wouldn't be interested in what I have to say because I am not interested in what I have to say. Specifically, I was thinking of the times I've had to give speeches. Mainly in classes where everyone had to give one and frankly no one gave a s@$~ what anyone else was talking about. We were just trying to get through the assignment. Also I was valedictorian of my 8th grade class and was required to give a speech at graduation, and really who wants to listen to a recently graduated 8th grader give a speech. Supposedly I was to talk about how well the school had prepared us for the future, but I didn't feel like lying to everyone, so I more or less pretended to have a sore throat, mumbled a few words thanking the teachers, and got the f&&@ off the stage. I think it lasted 3 minutes when I was told to prepare a 10 minute speech.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I suspect my office is going to be rather empty today since I overheard some of my colleagues on wanting to take leave for a long weekend.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Best part of a fair?
Funnel cakes.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

Oh I was sweating from the start.

30 minutes is how long it took my sweat to start dripping onto the inner lenses of my glasses.

That long.

I start dripping with sweat as soon as I start to sweat.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Game Hamster wrote:

Best part of a fair?

Funnel cakes.

But they're so calorific! You'll become a tubby Hamster,you!


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:
The Game Hamster wrote:

Best part of a fair?

Funnel cakes.
But they're so calorific! You'll become a tubby Hamster,you!

I get one a year.

DON'T TAKE THIS AWAY FROM MEEE!!!
edit: besides, aren't tubby, fat hamsters cuter?


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Funnel cakes are the least fattening foods you'll find at an American fair, what are you supposed to do, starve.

202,701 to 202,750 of 239,712 << first < prev | 4050 | 4051 | 4052 | 4053 | 4054 | 4055 | 4056 | 4057 | 4058 | 4059 | 4060 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.