Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

199,601 to 199,650 of 242,801 << first < prev | 3988 | 3989 | 3990 | 3991 | 3992 | 3993 | 3994 | 3995 | 3996 | 3997 | 3998 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

ZORDLON IS DISAPPOINTED THAT HIS 'BUILD A (SPACE) BUGBEAR ARMY' FRANCHISE IDEA NEVER GOT OFF THE GROUND.

HE WOULD ALSO NOT OBJECT TO PAYING HIS AGE IN SPACE POUNDS FOR THE ABOVE, SINCE £20,170 FOR AN ENTIRE ARMY IS VERY REASONABLE IN THE CIRCUMSTANCES.

FEAR ZORDLON, BECAUSE HE NEVER MISSES A BARGAIN.

HE SAVES MONEY BY NOT WEARING CLOTHES.

FEAR ZORDLON.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Work's been going well, two more days till birthday and an anime convention.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

This is likely political, but Fritzy's been getting a bit pudgy:

I am happy that no matter our backgrounds (NobodysWife grew up poor, while I was definitely middle class or a bit higher), both NobodysWife and I view sales the same way:

They are where angry people go to abuse miserable employees and lash out at anyone who calls them on their abhorrent behavior.

Yeah, not only do we not do sales, but if we show up at a store and find out there's a line because there's a sale going on, we turn around and leave.

I just don't need "stuff" all that much.


11 people marked this as a favorite.

Apologies in advance to anyone for whom this might be offensive, but.SWEET HOLY F$!#BALLS, WE JUST FOUND OUT WE WILL VERY LIKELY QUALIFY FOR A MORTGAGE LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE IF WHINGEY GETS THIS JOB.
After 22 years in the Bay Area, we were resigned to the fact that we would never own unless we inherit from his folks.
And when he started to apply for rental homes this week, the estate agent said, "talk to our home loan guy."
And we filled out the papers fully expecting to be laughed at and told to eff off and die.
And instead we got the news that if he gets this job and his mom Co-signs, we will be approved.

This is feeling very effing surreal.


lisamarlene wrote:

Apologies in advance to anyone for whom this might be offensive, but.SWEET HOLY F@~&BALLS, WE JUST FOUND OUT WE WILL VERY LIKELY QUALIFY FOR A MORTGAGE LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE IF WHINGEY GETS THIS JOB.

After 22 years in the Bay Area, we were resigned to the fact that we would never own unless we inherit from his folks.
And when he started to apply for rental homes this week, the estate agent said, "talk to our home loan guy."
And we filled out the papers fully expecting to be laughed at and told to eff off and die.
And instead we got the news that if he gets this job and his mom Co-signs, we will be approved.

This is feeling very effing surreal.

Congrats if it goes through.


lisamarlene wrote:

Apologies in advance to anyone for whom this might be offensive, but.SWEET HOLY F%$&BALLS, WE JUST FOUND OUT WE WILL VERY LIKELY QUALIFY FOR A MORTGAGE LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE IF WHINGEY GETS THIS JOB.

After 22 years in the Bay Area, we were resigned to the fact that we would never own unless we inherit from his folks.
And when he started to apply for rental homes this week, the estate agent said, "talk to our home loan guy."
And we filled out the papers fully expecting to be laughed at and told to eff off and die.
And instead we got the news that if he gets this job and his mom Co-signs, we will be approved.

This is feeling very effing surreal.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

And oh, yeah, banks really WANT you to buy a home to ensure themselves a steady income. You just have to come to the realization that around here you need to borrow $800,000+, but in Dallas you're probably looking at borrowing maybe $150,000. That requires a LOT less income!

EDIT: Yep. I was nosy:
- Median home price in Dallas, TX: $189,700
- Median home price in Albany, CA: $1,084,900

Teensy little difference there...
...especially considering the houses in Dallas probably average at least 3x the square footage...

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
NobodysHome wrote:

Yeah, not only do we not do sales, but if we show up at a store and find out there's a line because there's a sale going on, we turn around and leave.

I just don't need "stuff" all that much.

Likewise. I will GLADLY pay more to not have to deal with a##+*$$s.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Same here. I had to go to a store on Black Friday a few years ago. I had to go through a line, just to get some allergy pills. F sales.

Silver Crusade

lisamarlene wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
alright I looked it up and apparently it was lupus only once.
It's never Lupus.

True story. My mother was aggressively treated for lupus for almost 20 years. It wasn’t lupus.

Her health has improved dramatically since she came off those meds. They’re not sure what ailment she had originally (probably stress- and depression-related) but it wasn’t lupus.

Somebody out there must actually have lupus, though...

Silver Crusade

Drejk wrote:
And to complicate matter, apparently Romans pronounced "v" more like modern English "w"...

That’s one of the few things I remember from those 4 years of high school Latin!

Silver Crusade

Hi Drejk!


Heard an ambulance on the highway near my garage. *sigh* Another accident near the tunnel.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

About the program I wrote on Tuesday,

Program Results:
Max Factorial for 16-bit short = 8
Max Factorial for 32-bit int = 12
Max Factorial for 64-bit integer = 20
Max Factorial for a 32-bit float = 34
Max factorial for a 64-bit double float = 170


Queue means there is something for sale in the shop!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
NobodysHome wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

Apologies in advance to anyone for whom this might be offensive, but.SWEET HOLY F%$&BALLS, WE JUST FOUND OUT WE WILL VERY LIKELY QUALIFY FOR A MORTGAGE LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE IF WHINGEY GETS THIS JOB.

After 22 years in the Bay Area, we were resigned to the fact that we would never own unless we inherit from his folks.
And when he started to apply for rental homes this week, the estate agent said, "talk to our home loan guy."
And we filled out the papers fully expecting to be laughed at and told to eff off and die.
And instead we got the news that if he gets this job and his mom Co-signs, we will be approved.

This is feeling very effing surreal.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

And oh, yeah, banks really WANT you to buy a home to ensure themselves a steady income. You just have to come to the realization that around here you need to borrow $800,000+, but in Dallas you're probably looking at borrowing maybe $150,000. That requires a LOT less income!

EDIT: Yep. I was nosy:
- Median home price in Dallas, TX: $189,700
- Median home price in Albany, CA: $1,084,900

Teensy little difference there...
...especially considering the houses in Dallas probably average at least 3x the square footage...

Oh! Oh! Do Madison!


captain yesterday wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

Apologies in advance to anyone for whom this might be offensive, but.SWEET HOLY F%$&BALLS, WE JUST FOUND OUT WE WILL VERY LIKELY QUALIFY FOR A MORTGAGE LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE IF WHINGEY GETS THIS JOB.

After 22 years in the Bay Area, we were resigned to the fact that we would never own unless we inherit from his folks.
And when he started to apply for rental homes this week, the estate agent said, "talk to our home loan guy."
And we filled out the papers fully expecting to be laughed at and told to eff off and die.
And instead we got the news that if he gets this job and his mom Co-signs, we will be approved.

This is feeling very effing surreal.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

And oh, yeah, banks really WANT you to buy a home to ensure themselves a steady income. You just have to come to the realization that around here you need to borrow $800,000+, but in Dallas you're probably looking at borrowing maybe $150,000. That requires a LOT less income!

EDIT: Yep. I was nosy:
- Median home price in Dallas, TX: $189,700
- Median home price in Albany, CA: $1,084,900

Teensy little difference there...
...especially considering the houses in Dallas probably average at least 3x the square footage...

Oh! Oh! Do Madison!

Zillow says about $252,000.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Yup, there's Madison's inflated self worth.


NobodysHome wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

Apologies in advance to anyone for whom this might be offensive, but.SWEET HOLY F%$&BALLS, WE JUST FOUND OUT WE WILL VERY LIKELY QUALIFY FOR A MORTGAGE LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE IF WHINGEY GETS THIS JOB.

After 22 years in the Bay Area, we were resigned to the fact that we would never own unless we inherit from his folks.
And when he started to apply for rental homes this week, the estate agent said, "talk to our home loan guy."
And we filled out the papers fully expecting to be laughed at and told to eff off and die.
And instead we got the news that if he gets this job and his mom Co-signs, we will be approved.

This is feeling very effing surreal.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

And oh, yeah, banks really WANT you to buy a home to ensure themselves a steady income. You just have to come to the realization that around here you need to borrow $800,000+, but in Dallas you're probably looking at borrowing maybe $150,000. That requires a LOT less income!

EDIT: Yep. I was nosy:
- Median home price in Dallas, TX: $189,700
- Median home price in Albany, CA: $1,084,900

Teensy little difference there...
...especially considering the houses in Dallas probably average at least 3x the square footage...

Exactly. Our two favorites are both 3/2, recently remodeled, with big backyards and AC. The 1250 sq ft one is valued at 160k, the 1800 sq ft with the fireplace, formal dining room, and 2-car garage at 180k. In Albany?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

Apologies in advance to anyone for whom this might be offensive, but.SWEET HOLY F%$&BALLS, WE JUST FOUND OUT WE WILL VERY LIKELY QUALIFY FOR A MORTGAGE LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE IF WHINGEY GETS THIS JOB.

After 22 years in the Bay Area, we were resigned to the fact that we would never own unless we inherit from his folks.
And when he started to apply for rental homes this week, the estate agent said, "talk to our home loan guy."
And we filled out the papers fully expecting to be laughed at and told to eff off and die.
And instead we got the news that if he gets this job and his mom Co-signs, we will be approved.

This is feeling very effing surreal.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

And oh, yeah, banks really WANT you to buy a home to ensure themselves a steady income. You just have to come to the realization that around here you need to borrow $800,000+, but in Dallas you're probably looking at borrowing maybe $150,000. That requires a LOT less income!

EDIT: Yep. I was nosy:
- Median home price in Dallas, TX: $189,700
- Median home price in Albany, CA: $1,084,900

Teensy little difference there...
...especially considering the houses in Dallas probably average at least 3x the square footage...

Exactly. Our two favorites are both 3/2, recently remodeled, with big backyards and AC. The 1250 sq ft one is valued at 160k, the 1800 sq ft with the fireplace, formal dining room, and 2-car garage at 180k. In Albany?

When we had our house assessed last year it was $1,280,000. And you KNOW how tiny our house is.

So for a 2-car garage (virtually nonexistent in Albany), I'd guess around $1.6 million.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Cool, LM, down here our government tries to encourage home ownership. And even provide loans for public housing.

The Exchange

SG is all about queues. You find the nice tasting hawker store by which store has the longest queue. Queueing could be said to be our national past time.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Y'know, now that I think about it, we should let CY camp out in our back yard for an evening. It'll be cramped, but then he can tell his friends, "Yep. Went to California, and camped out on the lawn of a million-dollar home!"

I'm sure they'd be depressingly impressed.

EDIT: Just mind the raccoons, skunks, and opossums. They seem to have remained completely unaware of the rise in value of my home. It's a million-dollar house, gosh darn it! Stop chewing holes in the fence!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Here you go, LM! Right under the BART tracks for an absolute steal: 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, 2-car garage, "only" $795,000.

And keep in mind that the trains shut down from 1-5 am, so you'll get plenty of sleep!

EDIT: And yes, if you know Albany, 1004 Key Route is right at the corner of a major thoroughfare (Marin). But I'm sure the BART tracks will drown out the traffic noise...


Icyshadow wrote:
Work's been going well, two more days till birthday and an anime convention.

which one?

The Exchange

3 people marked this as a favorite.

I just yowled at my player. We just reached the last fight of Strange Aeons and he said that he needs to level up.

He was given indication that a level up was coming on 1st July, told to level up on 4th July, and now it's 13th July and he hasn't levelled yet.

I have no issue on, "I need more time to level up" , but shouldn't it been something he should have thought off before nap stacking and saying let's go finish this?

I'll generally give you what you ask for, or at least tell you why I can't. (I may, of course, twist your request to suit my purposes). But this time it was granted in a literal fashion.

And it's the last fight of the AP, so it's like Wtf... Just get on with it and Murderhobo. Do you really need to think so much on a level up?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
NobodysHome wrote:

Y'know, now that I think about it, we should let CY camp out in our back yard for an evening. It'll be cramped, but then he can tell his friends, "Yep. Went to California, and camped out on the lawn of a million-dollar home!"

I'm sure they'd be depressingly impressed.

EDIT: Just mind the raccoons, skunks, and opossums. They seem to have remained completely unaware of the rise in value of my home. It's a million-dollar house, gosh darn it! Stop chewing holes in the fence!

Might be hard getting used to the lack of cows, but we'll manage.


Just a Mort wrote:

I just yowled at my player. We just reached the last fight of Strange Aeons and he said that he needs to level up.

He was given indication that a level up was coming on 1st July, told to level up on 4th July, and now it's 13th July and he hasn't levelled yet.

I have no issue on, "I need more time to level up" , but shouldn't it been something he should have thought off before nap stacking and saying let's go finish this?

I'll generally give you what you ask for, or at least tell you why I can't. (I may, of course, twist your request to suit my purposes). But this time it was granted in a literal fashion.

And it's the last fight of the AP, so it's like Wtf... Just get on with it and Murderhobo. Do you really need to think so much on a level up?

I don't think so. Last Sunday, the local group ( not the galaxies :P ) was told that they reached 4th level. I had my character done on Monday. Of course, I had a vague idea of where I wanted to go with my character. But that's beside the point.

The Exchange

"But I need to get everything picture per-"

Me:"Oh Fark it, do I look like I'm the sort of GM who's going to throw stuff at you that you need every advantage you can get to win?"

Sometimes good enough is good enough.

If he wanted to he could confront the final boss at 16,instead of 17. Result would pretty much be the same on who ends up winning. Just how many rounds of combat it takes, and maybe how many of his friendly NPCs die.

Though if he really cared not to get them into trouble, he could tell them to sit in his personal demiplane until he gets back.


Is he an "optimizer?"


Oh of course. I agree you need to optimize to do an AP solo, even with gestalt. Oh yes, been there, done that with PFS scenarios. I have a nice little synthesist /paladin gestalt I built just for that purpose. His name is Night and he's used for testing new scenario waters before I run them for a convention.


Night:

Male Paladin 5 / Summoner 5 (Synthesist)
LG Half Orc
Init +2; Perception +4
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 10, touch 10, flat-footed 10
hp 49
Fort +12, Ref +7, Will +10;
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee - Adamantine Falchion +5 (2d4)
Range - Adaptive longbow +2str rating +3 (1d8)
Summoner Spells (CL 5th; concentration +9)
. . At will—Detect Magic, Mage hand, Light, Guidance, Read Magic, acid splash
Lv 1 spells known (5/day): Shield, Enlarge person, Mage Armor, Grease, Protection from Evil

Lv 2 spells known (3/day): Lesser Evolution Surge, See invisibility, Invisibility

Paladin Spells (CL 2nd; concentration +6)
Lv 1 spells known (3/day): Lesser Restoration (x1), Divine Favour (x1)
6 lay on hands/day (2d6)
2 smite evil/day

--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 10, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 18
Base Atk +5; CMB +5; CMD 15
Feats Power Attack, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot - I qualified for all my feats on fused form.
Skills Perception +4, Spellcraft +6, Diplomacy +10, Fly +9, Disable Device +10
Languages Common, Orc, Draconic, Abyssal

Racial traits
Sacred Tattoo

Fused form - Biped

--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 24, touch 12, flat-footed 22
hp 44, 26 temp hp
Fort +13, Ref +11, Will +12;
--------------------
Speed 30 ft, 30 ft fly (avg)
Melee - Adamantine Falchion +9 (2d4+6)
or
Bite +9(1d6+4), Claw +9(1d4+4), Claw +9(1d4+4)
Range - Adaptive longbow +2str rating +7 (1d8+2)
Summoner Spells (CL 5th; concentration +9)
. . At will—Detect Magic, Mage hand, Light, Guidance, Read Magic, acid splash
Lv 1 spells known (5/day): Shield, Enlarge person, Mage Armor, Grease, Protection from Evil
Lv 2 spells known (3/day): Lesser Evolution Surge, See invisibility, Invisibility

Paladin Spells (CL 2nd; concentration +6)
Lv 1 spells known (3/day): Lesser Restoration (x1), Divine Favour (x1)
6 lay on hands/day (2d6)
2 smite evil/day

--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 18, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 19
Base Atk +5; CMB +9; CMD 21
Feats Power Attack, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot - I qualified for all my feats on fused form.
Skills Perception +4, Spellcraft +6, Diplomacy +10, Fly +17, Disable Device +10
Languages Common, Orc, Draconic, Abyssal

Other Gear
Composite Longbow +2str (300 gp), 100 arrows, swarmbane clasp (3000gp), Adamantine Falchion (3225 gp), 1 wand of lesser restore eidolon, 1 wand of clw, 1 wand of grease, 2 spell component pouches, 2 holy symbols of Iomedae, Beltpouch, Waterskin, Backpack, 5 days trail rations, MW thieves tools

Evasion
If an eidolon is subjected to an attack that normally allows a Reflex save for half damage, it takes no damage if it makes a successful saving throw.

Shielded Meld (Ex)
At 4th level, whenever the synthesist is fused with his eidolon, he gains a +2 shield bonus to his Armor Class and a +2 circumstance bonus on his saving throws.

Evolution points - 8 total
Bite (1), Fly (2), Improved Natural armor (2), Shadow blend (1), Magic weapons (1), Skilled(fly) (1)

Obviously all fighting was done in fused form, AC was 28 with mage armor constantly on.

I know you could get more dps from a quadped, but hey, I tie my hands behind my back for the purpose of restraint so yeah only biped and manufactured weapons.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The thing is at higher levels... OK an encounter with a mind thrusting psychic lich didn't end well. Even with half dmg on successful save, mind thurst is bloody painful! And of course season 6 robots kicked my sorry arse.

Why I run scenarios with a single gestalt character instead of a full party. I already have to run the monsters. If I have to run a full party on top of that, it'll fry my brain! Sorry. I have certain limitations.


NobodysHome wrote:

Here you go, LM! Right under the BART tracks for an absolute steal: 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, 2-car garage, "only" $795,000.

And keep in mind that the trains shut down from 1-5 am, so you'll get plenty of sleep!

EDIT: And yes, if you know Albany, 1004 Key Route is right at the corner of a major thoroughfare (Marin). But I'm sure the BART tracks will drown out the traffic noise...

I'm from Brooklyn,I would laugh my way through that traffic. Or rather, snore.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

Apologies in advance to anyone for whom this might be offensive, but.SWEET HOLY F&#$BALLS, WE JUST FOUND OUT WE WILL VERY LIKELY QUALIFY FOR A MORTGAGE LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE IF WHINGEY GETS THIS JOB.

After 22 years in the Bay Area, we were resigned to the fact that we would never own unless we inherit from his folks.
And when he started to apply for rental homes this week, the estate agent said, "talk to our home loan guy."
And we filled out the papers fully expecting to be laughed at and told to eff off and die.
And instead we got the news that if he gets this job and his mom Co-signs, we will be approved.

This is feeling very effing surreal.

I would love to send your housewarming gift to, you know, your house.


Freehold DM wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

Apologies in advance to anyone for whom this might be offensive, but.SWEET HOLY F&#$BALLS, WE JUST FOUND OUT WE WILL VERY LIKELY QUALIFY FOR A MORTGAGE LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE IF WHINGEY GETS THIS JOB.

After 22 years in the Bay Area, we were resigned to the fact that we would never own unless we inherit from his folks.
And when he started to apply for rental homes this week, the estate agent said, "talk to our home loan guy."
And we filled out the papers fully expecting to be laughed at and told to eff off and die.
And instead we got the news that if he gets this job and his mom Co-signs, we will be approved.

This is feeling very effing surreal.

I would love to send your housewarming gift to, you know, your house.

You and me both! Nothing else happens until we find out if WW is getting the job. If not, we have to move in with the mother-in-law straightaway.

Hey, did the audio file I texted you come through?


NobodysHome wrote:

This is likely political, but Fritzy's been getting a bit pudgy:

I am happy that no matter our backgrounds (NobodysWife grew up poor, while I was definitely middle class or a bit higher), both NobodysWife and I view sales the same way:

They are where angry people go to abuse miserable employees and lash out at anyone who calls them on their abhorrent behavior.

Yeah, not only do we not do sales, but if we show up at a store and find out there's a line because there's a sale going on, we turn around and leave.

I just don't need "stuff" all that much.

Wait...

since when is discussing human nature political?? I always viewed that as philosophy.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

All I heard was someone calling me pudgy.

Loads up the Hulk fat tire bikes.

The Exchange

GM rant. Someone complained that about me using block init, saying it made encounters unnecessarily deadly, since there’s no way to intervene by the party when someone goes down.

Look at it this way, can you imagine rolling the init for 10 baykoks 10 times in a PBP? And keeping track of them? It’s going to be messy as fk. I may be a lot of things, but mathematically inclined is NOT one of them. As it is running 10 baykoks nearly killed me in brain processing power.

4 Baykoks, Player A, 3 Baykoks, Player B, 2 Baykoks, Player C, 1 Baykok, Player D. Can you imagine how long each combat round would take to run while waiting for the players on their various timezones, and also myself if the timezone they post is when I’m alseep? Rather then using block init, resulting in:

All Players up.
Baykoks up.
Or:
Baykoks up.
All players up.


Fritzy, Flaming Bike Artillery wrote:

All I heard was someone calling me pudgy.

Loads up the Hulk fat tire bikes.

Well, I mean, by all means... he did say you were pudgy.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:

GM rant. Someone complained that about me using block init, saying it made encounters unnecessarily deadly, since there’s no way to intervene by the party when someone goes down.

Look at it this way, can you imagine rolling the init for 10 baykoks 10 times in a PBP? And keeping track of them? It’s going to be messy as fk. I may be a lot of things, but mathematically inclined is NOT one of them. As it is running 10 baykoks nearly killed me in brain processing power.

4 Baykoks, Player A, 3 Baykoks, Player B, 2 Baykoks, Player C, 1 Baykok, Player D. Can you imagine how long each combat round would take to run while waiting for the players on their various timezones, and also myself if the timezone they post is when I’m alseep? Rather then using block init, resulting in:

All Players up.
Baykoks up.
Or:
Baykoks up.
All players up.

I always block the same monsters.

goblins and kobolds in the same fight? two separate blocks.
orcs, spiders and drow? Three blocks. ect...


I should've brought some allergy pills with me today. My eyes are watering.

The Exchange

Yeah I block anything with same init, also animal companions and familiars with their masters.

If different init I will have to roll.

More GM Ranting:
From this

Painlord wrote:


Dirty little secret: Bad PbP players are easy to find. There are lots of them on these boards. Good GMs are rare. There are a lot more players than GMs...which gives the GM a leveraged position. It does not give you the right to abuse players, but you don't have to put up with bad players...nor those who don't seem to be contributing.

I dunno I never experienced this part of PBP life. Again I have issues doing open recruiting since I’m an introvert so I don’t like shouting stuff out loud.

Also this part, ” Praise in Public, Criticize in Personal Message/Private.” Doesn’t ever happen. If I am pissed, the whole world will know about it because I’ll just howl. Like “DUDE you nubs stopped to cast restoration twice, so your haste spell has already worn out!”

I know that my activity requirements for players is rather harsh(2x minimum, I like cross posting), but I don’t intend to change it, since I find that keeping up the pace helps people from like, going, ”Oh nothing ever happens..”, then they forget what they were doing in the first place. PBPs are slow, so anything that can help keep the pace is a good thing.

The Exchange

John Napier 698 wrote:
I should've brought some allergy pills with me today. My eyes are watering.

Do you have medicine for running nose? Some of them function as anti itch as well, it may function as anti allergy. Like Antihistamines.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Generally how I run my PBPs is like do unto others what I want done onto me.

So whatever in games I was previously in that I didn’t like, I remove. Like once there was an OPed GMPC following us around. I didn’t like that because I think players should have a chance to be awesome and fix their own problems. Otherwise why are the players PCs in the first place? They could be just watching a show where the GMPC solos everything. So in my games, GMPCs will be deliberately nerfed. Generally I will level them myself. Sure, they can help you some…but don’t expect them to do EVERYTHING for you. Usually they’ll be given supporting roles to help players shine. Maybe knowledge monkeys, debuffers(of the martial variety, for trips and all that to help PCs hit better), healbots, or buffbots(bards?). They will NOT do insane dps, and probably will be on the other side of the spectrum.

Then because I hate surprises being sprung on me (I keep getting the short end of the stick when that happens) and being a firm believer of RAW, my games are pretty much RAW. Attempting to bend rules for your benefit will REALLY get my goat. Like staying in one spot while flying without making necessary fly check, or handling your animal companion without ranks in handle animal and/or dumped charisma. Well yes they said its a free action, but I'd only allow once per turn - so if you screw it up, no actions from your animal companion.

I’ve been in many games that died out because GM ran out of posting momentum. Or players go MIA. So I make sure I set a brisk pace and keep to it throughout. I like to know when GM is busy so I won’t be expecting posts, so for any slight delay, I will inform my players. Etc, like out the whole day…baking cakes..so no posts. And I do kick people out for inactivity.


Just a Mort wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
I should've brought some allergy pills with me today. My eyes are watering.
Do you have medicine for running nose? Some of them function as anti itch as well, it may function as anti allergy. Like Antihistamines.

I didn't bring anything. I've got nada.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yeah, I ran out of momentum, myself. Trying to build the energy to resume the game. To my players here, sorry. Just a little burned-out.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Try splashing your face with water.


Thanks. I'll try that right now.

The Exchange

Homebrew is rough. I know I don't have much in the name of that kind of imagination so I stick to APs and modules.

A suggestion would actually be to insert parts of modules and APs into what story you're doing. Like a dungeon delve could pull out sections of emerald spire, or thorn keep.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

My siblings only runs homebrew, I tried for years to get them to try modules but no one did, so I gave up.

199,601 to 199,650 of 242,801 << first < prev | 3988 | 3989 | 3990 | 3991 | 3992 | 3993 | 3994 | 3995 | 3996 | 3997 | 3998 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.