Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

198,251 to 198,300 of 235,676 << first < prev | 3961 | 3962 | 3963 | 3964 | 3965 | 3966 | 3967 | 3968 | 3969 | 3970 | 3971 | next > last >>
The Exchange

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:
It's still fried and I rather not get fried steaks. Grilled please.

Fine. We'll grill some steaks from him. Make KC style BBQ from his ribs. You can use some meat, maybe from the arm?, to make your weird Chinese food stuff. We can make hams from his thighs. His calves can be made into fried nuggets. We can make bacon from his belly. We'll turn his back into loin roasts. His head can be used to make head cheese. And the various leftover bits can be made into sausages.

That okay with everyone?

okay, I am REALLY suspicious about the level of thought put into this...

Oh gosh...To Serve Man, and it's a Cook Book >.<

Clearly I have fallen into a Freehold Trap.

*Gets dressed*


10 people marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:
Yeah animals are creatures of habit and with food you can actually use it to teach them tricks. I think animals are like humans in that regard - if Scin/LM go into a new class.. the pupils will also test their limits with a new teacher.

Girl, I teach 3 to 6 year olds. It's all ABOUT testing limits because the 3's are just discovering the concept of free will, and the older ones are discovering that while I'm busy with one of the littles, they can try to hide an do things on the sly.

But I already know who is likely to do what, and there is NOTHING more satisfying than turning my back for a few minutes, hearing movement, and saying, calmly, "Caleb, put that back right now please; you know that is not appropriate."... and then hearing, in a stage whisper, "How did she KNOW?!?"

This is also the child who got the lecture on primatology and utensils last year:
"Caleb, did you know that chimpanzees in the wild strip bark from twigs, push the twigs down into a termite mound, and when the termites climb all over the twig they pull it out of the mound and eat the termites off the twig?
Guess what?
If a chimpanzee can learn to eat with a utensil, so can you. Spaghetti is not for fingers."


Just a Mort wrote:
Going to get to try a balut for dinner.

oh god!


Just a Mort wrote:

OK. Balut report: Just like any hard boiled egg yolk except it was a little fishy since it was from a duck egg. The embryo was a little fishier then then the rest of the egg, but the small feathers surprisingly were not like fibrous and was actually edible. There was no white and the juices in the egg were saltier then your standard egg and a bit fishy.

If I wasn't trying for taste, I would have added a bit of soya sauce since I prefer my food saltier.

OH GOD


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:
Yeah animals are creatures of habit and with food you can actually use it to teach them tricks. I think animals are like humans in that regard - if Scin/LM go into a new class.. the pupils will also test their limits with a new teacher.

Girl, I teach 3 to 6 year olds. It's all ABOUT testing limits because the 3's are just discovering the concept of free will, and the older ones are discovering that while I'm busy with one of the littles, they can try to hide an do things on the sly.

But I already know who is likely to do what, and there is NOTHING more satisfying than turning my back for a few minutes, hearing movement, and saying, calmly, "Caleb, put that back right now please; you know that is not appropriate."... and then hearing, in a stage whisper, "How did she KNOW?!?"

This is also the child who got the lecture on primatology and utensils last year:
"Caleb, did you know that chimpanzees in the wild strip bark from twigs, push the twigs down into a termite mound, and when the termites climb all over the twig they pull it out of the mound and eat the termites off the twig?
Guess what?
If a chimpanzee can learn to eat with a utensil, so can you. Spaghetti is not for fingers."

teachable moment! Awesome!

Never thought i would be on the side of the teacher with eyes in the back of her head....

Shadow Lodge

Just a Mort wrote:
Orthos wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
** spoiler omitted **...

Yeah there are reasons I have made extensive plans to change that particular encounter significantly when I run this for my group.

** spoiler omitted **I've got a couple more years of Savage Tide left to run first though, so I've got a while to figure solutions out.

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum and am extremely loathe in tampering with the AP even with the players cakewalking through the AP. I will change monster tactics (anyway most of the time they don't give listed tactics).

If they are likely to have difficulties with random encounters I will reroll on the table saying,"Nope, it's not fair, I'm not throwing that on you."

Fixed encounters I'm more of the line of,"Sorry, AP said what the AP said, sux to be you."

I will consider very carefully before I even think about making changes to the AP.

I change things all the time. Kind of a necessity since I don't run games in Golarion, but rather in my group's homebrew setting.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:

My brother is in Arizona now and he sent us pics of people fishing. Weird thing is the fish are edible but they don't eat them. Why?

My brother speculates they dunno how to gut fish, because fish in the supermarket is all in fillets><

I'm almost tempted to get a fishing permit and take up fishing so I can catch and eat those really delicious looking Trout...

Yes, I know how to clean a fish.

I'm going to respond to this even though there's four more pages to go and I'm sure someone else has beaten me to it.

Most people in the US who fish casually - as in, not as their profession - do not fish for food, they fish for entertainment. As a result, most fishing is catch-and-release.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:

My issue with catch and release is you're being cruel to the fish. Imagine if I stuck a hook in your mouth. Then let you go so I could do it again. How would you feel about it?

At least my fishing has a purpose. I'm hungry!

*High paws Vidmaster7*

Not everybody likes fish. Again, it's recreation, not sustenance.
Recreation for you, not the fish. Will you not think about the fishes?

YEAH! YOU TERRIBLE HUMANS! THINK OF THE FISH!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:
Orthos wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
** spoiler omitted **...

Yeah there are reasons I have made extensive plans to change that particular encounter significantly when I run this for my group.

** spoiler omitted **I've got a couple more years of Savage Tide left to run first though, so I've got a while to figure solutions out.

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum and am extremely loathe in tampering with the AP even with the players cakewalking through the AP. I will change monster tactics (anyway most of the time they don't give listed tactics).

If they are likely to have difficulties with random encounters I will reroll on the table saying,"Nope, it's not fair, I'm not throwing that on you."

Fixed encounters I'm more of the line of,"Sorry, AP said what the AP said, sux to be you."

I will consider very carefully before I even think about making changes to the AP.

I change things all the time. Kind of a necessity since I don't run games in Golarion, but rather in my group's homebrew setting.

It also doesn't help that your group is b!$&**& insane and tends to force change on the poor APs like a mafia enforcer with a shiny new baseball bat to break in.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:
Orthos wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
** spoiler omitted **...

Yeah there are reasons I have made extensive plans to change that particular encounter significantly when I run this for my group.

** spoiler omitted **I've got a couple more years of Savage Tide left to run first though, so I've got a while to figure solutions out.

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum and am extremely loathe in tampering with the AP even with the players cakewalking through the AP. I will change monster tactics (anyway most of the time they don't give listed tactics).

If they are likely to have difficulties with random encounters I will reroll on the table saying,"Nope, it's not fair, I'm not throwing that on you."

Fixed encounters I'm more of the line of,"Sorry, AP said what the AP said, sux to be you."

I will consider very carefully before I even think about making changes to the AP.

I change things all the time. Kind of a necessity since I don't run games in Golarion, but rather in my group's homebrew setting.
It also doesn't help that your group is b!*&&++ insane and tends to force change on the poor APs like a mafia enforcer with a shiny new baseball bat to break in.

It just ain't the same 'til it's got a few dings in it, y'know?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Finally caught up on this from over the weekend.

Going back to LM's longer-than-usual trip to Oregon:
On Saturday, roughly around 3pm, Aiymi's aunt drove down to our place from Aiymi's cousin's place in north suburban Chicago. Usually about a 3.5 hour drive. Ish. However, due to extra traffic and construction, it took her close to 6 hours. And she was driving her son's car, which is the current generation Prius, and it was not behaving in the way she was accustomed to driving. Any time she called us to give us an update on when to expect her...well...she was not a happy person. Most of her complaints really had nothing to do with the Prius, but just newer cars in general. Like adaptive cruise control. Completely befuddled her as to why the car was slowing down/speeding up again without her telling it to. "Cruise control is really messed up on this car! It won't hold a speed!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:

Finally caught up on this from over the weekend.

Going back to LM's longer-than-usual trip to Oregon:
On Saturday, roughly around 3pm, Aiymi's aunt drove down to our place from Aiymi's cousin's place in north suburban Chicago. Usually about a 3.5 hour drive. Ish. However, due to extra traffic and construction, it took her close to 6 hours. And she was driving her son's car, which is the current generation Prius, and it was not behaving in the way she was accustomed to driving. Any time she called us to give us an update on when to expect her...well...she was not a happy person. Most of her complaints really had nothing to do with the Prius, but just newer cars in general. Like adaptive cruise control. Completely befuddled her as to why the car was slowing down/speeding up again without her telling it to. "Cruise control is really messed up on this car! It won't hold a speed!"

Well, at least she uses it.

Trips down Highway 5 are an eternal agony as you come up behind someone who hasn't been paying attention and who's slowed to 60-65 mph in the "Limit 70 mph, but anything under 80 is blocking traffic" area. So you try to pass them, they notice that they're going too slow, they accelerate up to 80-85 to keep you from passing, so you say, "Fine," and let yourself fall behind them...
...then they repeat the cycle every 5-10 minutes, dropping from 85 to 65, then back up to 85 as soon as you try to pass them.

And with the Prius' teensy little tires, I'm not taking those up to 95 mph in 105+ degree weather just to pass some idiot.


Ruins of Azlant happened this weekend with Aiymi, Zelda, and 2/3 of the kids. The eldest is simply too cool to hang out with Mom, the romantic interests, and her twerp siblings.

They're just now into Part 2 of Book 1 - heading north to meet up with The Peregrine. They came across the tracks from the warden jack and decided the tracks intrigued them enough to track it down.

Keep in mind that this is the first Pathfinder experience for the kids.

Miss Boss, the 11-year-old, is playing a druid. Her 14-year-old brother, who I shall dub Feral Boy (he spends a lot of time running around in the woods behind our house) is going with an archery style ranger. Zelda went with bloodrager.

Between the three of them, there was no way these tracks were not going to be followed.

So they got to experience a CR 4 construct swarm at level 2. Aiymi's playing a dwarf cleric and I'm running a GMPC sorcerer to help with arcane coverage. The only spells I had were color spray and shield. I did have an awful lot of alchemical splash weapons though, so we got through it...but the killing blow was made by Zelda. She dropped a campfire bead in the swarm and activated it. It was the only thing we had left at that point, and I gave her a d8 damage for it. Only had 5 hit points left and she rolled a 6.

Fun times.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Obit #1, in the Crimson Throne thread where it belongs.


My party's still stuck on Avernus, but on the plus side, we now have *two* Dwarven clerics. Given how appallingly I roll, though, probably not for long.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Obits #2 and #3

Names of PCs:
Forthrekt ??? ('Forth'), Male Dwarven Paladin of Torag 8
Trigonomopherianogglepatrix Belmafoodleptock ('Trig'), Female Gnome Rogue 8
Adventure: Shiro's AP, Book 3
Catalyst: Don't anger the chef

The Gory Details:

The overall setting is rooting out corruption in a Korvosa-like city where the primary temple is Asmodeus, and five families essentially share the rule of the city. The group is performing various investigations. This one took us to an underground hideout, which we had cleared (including freeing three captives) except for one final room... a kitchen, of all places.

Things did not go well from the start. None of us made our Perception rolls to spot the hiding cook (optimized dwarven warrior 8, because what he did defies that description), who had managed a Stealth of 34 (no idea how). So in his surprise round, he took a 5' step and clobbered Forth for 36 points of damage. (Yep. A warrior-8 at +20 to hit hitting for 30+ per swing against 8th-level PCs.) In a tragic/magnificent (tragificent?) bit of roleplay, the dwarven paladin of Torag did not want to harm a fellow dwarf, so he attempted a trip instead. The attack of opportunity hit. The trip didn't. Another full-round from the cook and Forth died on the first hit and Trig lost 2/3 of her hit points on the second (down 2 temporary negative levels from a previous encounter). Trig tried to move around him to flank (at AC 35 it seemed like a decent strategy), but he rolled an 18 and knocked her into the negatives. The inquisitor of Pharasma stepped up and did a few hit points to him, but his next full-round attack dropped her as well.

The party sorcerer, knowing the jig was up, could only bring two people with him, so he Dimension Doored the unconscious inquisitor and the dead dwarf to safety. Trig bled out on the floor the next round.

The rematch was just as close. After paying for a quick Raise Dead and a bunch of healing, the party raced to get Trig's body, save the prisoners, and dispatch the cook. Even against a smiting paladin the party won by a hair's breadth.

The inquisitor passed judgement: "If Trig is dead, he dies."
The paladin had no issues, as this was a "fair" ruling.

He died.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

As Shiro tells it, in Kentucky the sweet tea they make is a supersaturated liquid; they heat it up, keep adding sugar until the near-boiling liquid can't contain any more, then let it cool to supersaturation.

How anyone could drink such a substance is beyond me. Of course, I don't even care for sodas because I find them too sweet.

And yes, I take my coffee "Freehold Style": Strong and black.

Does "Freehold Style" have a dance like Gangnam Style?
Its similar but with a lot more air humping.
yes
What the f%#+ did I just watch?
Considering you know me the best of all the people on these boards and have hung out with me god know how many times, none of what you watched should be a surprise to you.

Oh, I didn’t say I was surprised.

Just - why was this video made? And did they at least buy that ottoman dinner?

Silver Crusade

The best video on the Internet right now.

(The original version, for reference.)


I have literally never used cruise control. Ever. I don't know how it works in older cars, don't know how it works with my 2018 Fit, and it seems like a dangerous feature.

It must have its uses, but I've been driving with my foot on the gas for 18 years and I feel no particular need to learn cruise control.

#GetOffMyLawn


NobodysHome wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:

Finally caught up on this from over the weekend.

Going back to LM's longer-than-usual trip to Oregon:
On Saturday, roughly around 3pm, Aiymi's aunt drove down to our place from Aiymi's cousin's place in north suburban Chicago. Usually about a 3.5 hour drive. Ish. However, due to extra traffic and construction, it took her close to 6 hours. And she was driving her son's car, which is the current generation Prius, and it was not behaving in the way she was accustomed to driving. Any time she called us to give us an update on when to expect her...well...she was not a happy person. Most of her complaints really had nothing to do with the Prius, but just newer cars in general. Like adaptive cruise control. Completely befuddled her as to why the car was slowing down/speeding up again without her telling it to. "Cruise control is really messed up on this car! It won't hold a speed!"

Well, at least she uses it.

Trips down Highway 5 are an eternal agony as you come up behind someone who hasn't been paying attention and who's slowed to 60-65 mph in the "Limit 70 mph, but anything under 80 is blocking traffic" area. So you try to pass them, they notice that they're going too slow, they accelerate up to 80-85 to keep you from passing, so you say, "Fine," and let yourself fall behind them...
...then they repeat the cycle every 5-10 minutes, dropping from 85 to 65, then back up to 85 as soon as you try to pass them.

And with the Prius' teensy little tires, I'm not taking those up to 95 mph in 105+ degree weather just to pass some idiot.

I don't have cruise control, let alone adaptive cruise control.

I can still stay between 70 and 80 on the highway.
If I start thinking instead of watching my speed I tend to head on up to 90-ish...


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

I have literally never used cruise control. Ever. I don't know how it works in older cars, don't know how it works with my 2018 Fit, and it seems like a dangerous feature.

It must have its uses, but I've been driving with my foot on the gas for 18 years and I feel no particular need to learn cruise control.

#GetOffMyLawn

Cruise control is useful if your going to be going on one stretch of road for 20+ minutes and want to go a consistent speed.

Edit: a properly operating cruise control shuts off if you so much as brush the brakes. Its way more a convenience than a hazard if your not a moron and think its an "auto-drive" feature.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

I have literally never used cruise control. Ever. I don't know how it works in older cars, don't know how it works with my 2018 Fit, and it seems like a dangerous feature.

It must have its uses, but I've been driving with my foot on the gas for 18 years and I feel no particular need to learn cruise control.

#GetOffMyLawn

Hey, I'm older than you! :P

(1) A consistent speed so you can focus on the road instead of your speedometer
(2) If you're like me, a consistent speed that's close enough to the speed limit that you don't have to watch out for the police; therefore more attention on the road
(3) Significantly better gas mileage because the car's throttle control is less motion-prone than your foot.

So in older cars it's, "Set it to 70, brake when you need to, otherwise leave it alone."


2 people marked this as a favorite.

OMG, the Orchard Hardware Supply on Ashby for the win!

There's a 1 1/2", 30-amp conduit I have to extend by 5 feet. I stopped by Truitt & White and they are under construction and couldn't help me. I went to OHS. After spending maybe 5 minutes in the electrics aisle trying to put together what I was going to do, a man maybe 25 years my senior came up to me.
Needless to say, he was a retired electrician who now worked at Orchard to make sure do-it-yourselfers did it right.

10 minutes later I:
- Knew exactly how to bring the circuit to code
- Had every part I needed in my hands
- Received assurances that my previous electricians were indeed idiots for refusing to put the wiring in the wall, and for using 1 1/2" conduit for 3 8-gauge wires.

I love old-timers. "Yeah, when I was doing that work, if a customer wanted me to open a wall, I opened the wall and put the wiring where they wanted it. Why would I refuse to get paid more?"


6 people marked this as a favorite.

I used to think cruise control was a weird urban legend.

Then I started to drive to Chicago.

You *need* cruise control for Ohio. Highway hypnosis is a real thing.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I've getting a Rav4 this evening, and it has the adaptive cruise feature. I loved it on the drive to Disney when we had the rental, but it did surprise me the first time it sensed someone ahead and slowed down. So lovely.


6 people marked this as a favorite.

Lisamarlene and Whingey Wizzard dropped off the glide rocker they'd borrowed for the last few years, and I just dumped it in the living room next to the love seat.

I have yet to find it sans Imp when they are awake.

"You know Dad, this is a really comfy chair."

I am proud. They are both well on their way to becoming old men in rocking chairs.

Now all I need to do is teach them to salt the earth and put up a cardboard sign that says, "Onions" so they can yell at the kids...


My favorite aspect of adaptive cruise control was that Shiro's Jeep's default was a 2-second following distance. I set it, and learned that a 2-second following distance is slightly less than I am comfortable with.

NobodysHome for the cautious driver award!


Aaaand, a final post before afternoon business (or the afternoon, for that matter):

This is one of those weird, "Urban Setting" things that I think would play out a LOT differently in other areas (and I'm interested in Freehold's take).

I was woken up at around 1:15 am by a car alarm that sounded somewhat close, but not close enough to be ours. It didn't turn off, so I decided to use the restroom first, then check to see whether it was our car. Impus Minor intercepted me in the hall, very worried, and told me he'd heard breaking glass just before the alarm went off, and thought someone's car had been stolen. I immediately reassured him, "No, it was just a smash-and-grab. Someone saw something valuable in someone else's car, smashed the window to grab it, and ran."

And here's the thing: I neither called the police nor went out to investigate further. The alarm had stopped, so I figured the owner had found it, found the damage, and would deal with it appropriately. It's just kind of the norm here. Wasn't my car, someone had stopped the alarm, so someone else was dealing with it, so don't get involved.

How does that play out in other areas/cultures? I'm curious, but if that counts as "politics" I'll drop it.


Freehold DM wrote:

I used to think cruise control was a weird urban legend.

Then I started to drive to Chicago.

You *need* cruise control for Ohio. Highway hypnosis is a real thing.

You must be cutting through Ohio from East to west through Columbus.

North to South is much better for not hypnotizing you.


Generally the same here - if it isn't yours, go about your day. In the rural areas it's slightly different: "Hey Bob, your truck alarm is going off! Get that will, ya?"


NobodysHome wrote:

Aaaand, a final post before afternoon business (or the afternoon, for that matter):

This is one of those weird, "Urban Setting" things that I think would play out a LOT differently in other areas (and I'm interested in Freehold's take).

I was woken up at around 1:15 am by a car alarm that sounded somewhat close, but not close enough to be ours. It didn't turn off, so I decided to use the restroom first, then check to see whether it was our car. Impus Minor intercepted me in the hall, very worried, and told me he'd heard breaking glass just before the alarm went off, and thought someone's car had been stolen. I immediately reassured him, "No, it was just a smash-and-grab. Someone saw something valuable in someone else's car, smashed the window to grab it, and ran."

And here's the thing: I neither called the police nor went out to investigate further. The alarm had stopped, so I figured the owner had found it, found the damage, and would deal with it appropriately. It's just kind of the norm here. Wasn't my car, someone had stopped the alarm, so someone else was dealing with it, so don't get involved.

How does that play out in other areas/cultures? I'm curious, but if that counts as "politics" I'll drop it.

Only someone so brazen as to attempt a daytime robbery would have the cops called on them. Unless they recognize the alarm as their own, most people arent going to call the cops- and even then, they would investigate personally more so than call the cops.


The Game Hamster wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

I used to think cruise control was a weird urban legend.

Then I started to drive to Chicago.

You *need* cruise control for Ohio. Highway hypnosis is a real thing.

You must be cutting through Ohio from East to west through Columbus.

North to South is much better for not hypnotizing you.

The only thing worse than I70 through Ohio, from east to west, is that it's followed by more of the exact same in Indiana (jump over to I74), Illinois (catch I80 at the Quad Cities), Iowa, Nebraska, and half of Colorado (drop down I76 to Denver).

Or take I70 through Indiana, Illinois, Missouri (non-Ozark portion), Kansas, and half of Colorado to Denver...and you get just a few more trees.


Finally caught up. Hi, everyone.

Shadow Lodge

Freehold DM wrote:

I used to think cruise control was a weird urban legend.

Then I started to drive to Chicago.

You *need* cruise control for Ohio. Highway hypnosis is a real thing.

Seconded. My cruise control on my car currently does not work. That will need to be fixed before I take another trip to Kansas; I am not driving those long stretches of nothing but trees and asphalt without it.

Shadow Lodge

NobodysHome wrote:

And here's the thing: I neither called the police nor went out to investigate further. The alarm had stopped, so I figured the owner had found it, found the damage, and would deal with it appropriately. It's just kind of the norm here. Wasn't my car, someone had stopped the alarm, so someone else was dealing with it, so don't get involved.

How does that play out in other areas/cultures? I'm curious, but if that counts as "politics" I'll drop it.

Definitely not the way here. If someone noticed, they'd call. Yes even if that means every house in the cul-de-sac is phoning at the same time about the same issue. Because there would be nearly no way to be sure someone else had woken up to the noise much less called about the theft, and going out to look would mean possibly running into the criminal.

On the other hand, if someone in the area has a gun, they'd probably grab that then go out to investigate. Here's praying they don't mistake another investigator for the criminal.

That said, that kind of crime is exceptionally rare here. I've lost count of the number of times my family has left something on our front porch overnight - usually shoes, umbrellas, or tools - and had zero fear that it would be missing in the morning.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Nekkid Vidmaster7 wrote:

Pizza yesterday fish today. I wonder what it will be tomorrow.

I also wonder where my cloths went >.>

V.V

<.<

Any preference? Should we discuss burgers? Tacos? Bratwurst?

Mmmmmmm bratwurst

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Just a Mort wrote:
Yeah animals are creatures of habit and with food you can actually use it to teach them tricks. I think animals are like humans in that regard - if Scin/LM go into a new class.. the pupils will also test their limits with a new teacher.

Works like a charm on the rats. They will do a lot for treats.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

Cruise control is the best when I take a trip to germany. Once over the border there is no real need to adjust, which helps for a long ass trip.

The Exchange

Nobody's home wrote:

And here's the thing: I neither called the police nor went out to investigate further. The alarm had stopped, so I figured the owner had found it, found the damage, and would deal with it appropriately. It's just kind of the norm here. Wasn't my car, someone had stopped the alarm, so someone else was dealing with it, so don't get involved.

How does that play out in other areas/cultures? I'm curious, but if that counts as "politics" I'll drop it.

Ignore it because it's probably a malfunctioning car alarm. Seriously every time there's thunder it sets off a couple of car alarms here.

The Exchange

The last time I tried teaching it didnt go well because I don't have eyes at the back of my head and I dumped wis, so I have no perception. So you could probably kick someone from under the desk and I'd pop in only after a full fledged fight was on going, "What the hell just happened"

Meh. Not a very happy episode in life for me. I do not deal with people well.

*ears flatten*


5 people marked this as a favorite.

I love dishing dirt with my sister.
Today she was going off on the subject of what it's like to cook for our mom.

"...she's so WHITE. I mean, yeah, obviously we're white, but she's like mayonnaise on white rice."


And now, Pittsburgh has a thunderstorm. I hope it cools the air some. Yesterday's 95 degrees were ... excessive.

Edit: A thunderstorm, with a Flash flood warning.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I forget who, but I saw a comedian with a bit about car alarms. "What do you do when you hear a car alarm go off? 'Aaaargh, somebody has to turn off their f&$~ing car alarm!' And that's why they're useless -- everybody hates them."

Which does exactly sum up my experience with car alarms and how people react to them.


lisamarlene wrote:

I love dishing dirt with my sister.

Today she was going off on the subject of what it's like to cook for our mom.

"...she's so WHITE. I mean, yeah, obviously we're white, but she's like mayonnaise on white rice."

... This is another instance where words fail me.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

I forget who, but I saw a comedian with a bit about car alarms. "What do you do when you hear a car alarm go off? 'Aaaargh, somebody has to turn off their f+@%ing car alarm!' And that's why they're useless -- everybody hates them."

Which does exactly sum up my experience with car alarms and how people react to them.

Sounds like Dane Cook.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

I forget who, but I saw a comedian with a bit about car alarms. "What do you do when you hear a car alarm go off? 'Aaaargh, somebody has to turn off their f**%ing car alarm!' And that's why they're useless -- everybody hates them."

Which does exactly sum up my experience with car alarms and how people react to them.

There was a great old local show called "Fight Back! with David Horowitz".

I *think* it was on that show that they set up hidden cameras in a supermarket parking lot:

Test #1: Car alarm in a supermarket parking lot. As expected, no one paid any attention.

Test #2: Have an actor in a ski mask walk up, smash out the window of a car, have the alarm go off, and have the actor get in with the alarm going and drive off.

To the staff's amazement, no one ever interfered or called the police. When they interviewed one witness, she said, "Oh, that car alarm was so annoying! I'm glad that guy stole it!"

And yet as far as I know it is now impossible to buy a car that doesn't come pre-equipped with an alarm; at least it was when I last bought a car in 1996.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

I love dishing dirt with my sister.

Today she was going off on the subject of what it's like to cook for our mom.

"...she's so WHITE. I mean, yeah, obviously we're white, but she's like mayonnaise on white rice."

... This is another instance where words fail me.

I actually don't get this whole thing. Is it a joke on racism or what?


lisamarlene wrote:

I love dishing dirt with my sister.

Today she was going off on the subject of what it's like to cook for our mom.

"...she's so WHITE. I mean, yeah, obviously we're white, but she's like mayonnaise on white rice."

is...is that what she likes to eat?

Maybe I should start posting about the snacks and meals I have in my travels again...I am unsure if she would survive my daily snacks.


Probably. In my opinion, LM's sister was being tasteless. But that's just me.


Hey, Freehold! How've you been?

198,251 to 198,300 of 235,676 << first < prev | 3961 | 3962 | 3963 | 3964 | 3965 | 3966 | 3967 | 3968 | 3969 | 3970 | 3971 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.