Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

195,601 to 195,650 of 238,600 << first < prev | 3908 | 3909 | 3910 | 3911 | 3912 | 3913 | 3914 | 3915 | 3916 | 3917 | 3918 | next > last >>

7 people marked this as a favorite.

And to all the FaWtL-Dads, Happy Farter's Day!!!

Put some pants on!!!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

*Father's Day. Stupid Autocorrect.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:

"You don't even have ONE room set aside for emergencies?" Nope. And if I did, you aren't an emergency. Also "I'm a Platinum member, you have to have a room for me!" Nope. I don't. F~&& off.

And I think the reason they don't really do the "No Vacancy" signs anymore is that they're worried the employees will turn it on even if there are rooms to sell. And to be fair, I would absolutely do that occasionally.

what are the benefits of platinum membership exactly?

I suspect it's something along the lines of "You're a self-important d*****bag, you you are entitled to give us extra money in exchange for the benefit of feeling extra special".


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Too late, it's been established!

Farts.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:

"You don't even have ONE room set aside for emergencies?" Nope. And if I did, you aren't an emergency. Also "I'm a Platinum member, you have to have a room for me!" Nope. I don't. F~&& off.

And I think the reason they don't really do the "No Vacancy" signs anymore is that they're worried the employees will turn it on even if there are rooms to sell. And to be fair, I would absolutely do that occasionally.

what are the benefits of platinum membership exactly?
I suspect it's something along the lines of "You're a self-important d*****bag, you you are entitled to give us extra money in exchange for the benefit of feeling extra special".

You get the same benefits as time share owners.

A big "sucker" plastered across your forehead.

I suspect this fact dawning on them is why they act like such huge a~#%+##s.


8 people marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:
Scintillae wrote:

grumble grumble All you tall people.

4'11" (149 cm)/6.5 shoe, which means I can actually shop in the kids' section.

Sorry about this... YAY SOMEONE SHORTER THEN ME!

*gives a whoop of joy*

Sorry, but it doesn't happen very often.

Tell me about it. My immediate thought on getting assigned a junior high class last year was "I will be taller than someone!" I was, in fact, not. What do they feed these kids?


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:
Scintillae wrote:

grumble grumble All you tall people.

4'11" (149 cm)/6.5 shoe, which means I can actually shop in the kids' section.

Sorry about this... YAY SOMEONE SHORTER THEN ME!

*gives a whoop of joy*

Sorry, but it doesn't happen very often.

Tell me about it. My immediate thought on getting assigned a junior high class last year was "I will be taller than someone!" I was, in fact, not. What do they feed these kids?

They feed them teachers.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

Too late, it's been established!

Farts.

The joke works even better when you realize I don't have Autocorrect.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:

"You don't even have ONE room set aside for emergencies?" Nope. And if I did, you aren't an emergency. Also "I'm a Platinum member, you have to have a room for me!" Nope. I don't. F~&& off.

And I think the reason they don't really do the "No Vacancy" signs anymore is that they're worried the employees will turn it on even if there are rooms to sell. And to be fair, I would absolutely do that occasionally.

what are the benefits of platinum membership exactly?
I suspect it's something along the lines of "You're a self-important d*****bag, you you are entitled to give us extra money in exchange for the benefit of feeling extra special".

You have to stay like 75 nights a year to become Platinum (at any Marriott hotels, not just at mine). Then you get a bunch of bonus points, free faster wifi, a free snack or even more bonus points, priority on requests (so you're more likely to get top floor or whatever), free upgrades to better rooms, things like that. But some of them think it means they own the place.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Remember when the first Pres. Bush had to prove he was actually the President to a skeptical Kindergartener by showing the child his Amex card, and the American Express company was mortified because he only had the standard green Amex and not a gold card, so they very publicly upgraded him?

I think that was the moment I stopped thinking of "gold" or "platinum" membership levels as status symbols.

Now, if there were a "gold-pressed latinum" membership level, that I would consider.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I've been approved for platinum status!!!


8 people marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Depression and anxiety are a bit like radiation. There's always a little bit in the background, but not enough to be a problem. Then, every once in a while, you get a free trip to Chernobyl.

Well this is uncomfortably apt...


3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Cletus, Nekid Nobody Hunter wrote:

Sprays out moonshine.

Dang it Billie Mae! Where's that spud gun!!

Why do you even HAVE that alias?

because you exist.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Woran wrote:
I'm 1m75 CM which is about 5'7. And exactly average Dutch female hight.

So you're telling me I should move to Holland and get a sex change operation and I'd manage to be slightly below average.

Woo hoo!


8 people marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:
Scintillae wrote:

grumble grumble All you tall people.

4'11" (149 cm)/6.5 shoe, which means I can actually shop in the kids' section.

Sorry about this... YAY SOMEONE SHORTER THEN ME!

*gives a whoop of joy*

Sorry, but it doesn't happen very often.

Tell me about it. My immediate thought on getting assigned a junior high class last year was "I will be taller than someone!" I was, in fact, not. What do they feed these kids?

You would have loved Impus Major. Didn't top 5' or 100 lbs until he was a sophomore in high school. He's still only around 5'2" and 115 lbs.

And he sings a very deep bass, giving the choir two basses who combined wouldn't top 250 lbs wet.

They're pretty hilarious together. "Where is that deep resonating sound coming from?"


3 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

Remember when the first Pres. Bush had to prove he was actually the President to a skeptical Kindergartener by showing the child his Amex card, and the American Express company was mortified because he only had the standard green Amex and not a gold card, so they very publicly upgraded him?

I think that was the moment I stopped thinking of "gold" or "platinum" membership levels as status symbols.

Now, if there were a "gold-pressed latinum" membership level, that I would consider.

as an aside, I will be issuing gold pressed latinum as use for currency within the abscondi-cave. Use it for everything and anything, from ice cream sundaes to massages or just plain throwing at the tv when your sports team loses/you discover your show is being cancelled/the fictional character you are in a relationship with carries on with that guy/gal on screen instead of leaving them for you(which is by far the wiser option).

Note that these gold pressed latinum pieces will have my picture on them, and be worthless outside of the abscondi-cave.

I am also having a full bar and grill installed. I am in the process of hiring reasonable facsimiles of all the Doctors to act as bartenders, each of whom will know how to make their signature number drink.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
lynora wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
lynora wrote:

I've been micromanaging the kidlet's homework this week to try and get all the make up work from last week done and turned in. Had to sit him down yesterday and tell him that the reason he has no time in his life for anything but homework is all him. Poor organization, not taking advantage of accommodations he's allowed, and not paying attention to what he's doing. Wasn't exactly a popular message. Sigh. Well, at least tonight he got through enough of the work to go to jujitsu. It's his first class in the adult class. He got promoted from the youth class right before he got sick. So hopefully getting out and doing not homework for a couple hours will help.

Of course all of this is made worse because I got away with all that crap when I was his age. Lack of parental supervision meant that I nearly failed a few classes from it. The difference is that unlike the kidlet I could do homework quickly when I bothered to do it at all. He's got all the attitude without the abilities to back it up. Sometimes he's frustrating because he's too much like me and sometimes because he's not. :P
that must be humbling...
*shrug* I'm just venting. We've been battling all week. Parenting is hard. Growing up is hard. There needs to be a flipping manual for this crap....
There are lots of them. They are often wrong, especially if they tell you they're the only ones doing it right.

True dat.

And of course that was what happened right before everything went kerbluuuuie... any manuals that claim to address current situation are extremely suspect....>.>


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

Remember when the first Pres. Bush had to prove he was actually the President to a skeptical Kindergartener by showing the child his Amex card, and the American Express company was mortified because he only had the standard green Amex and not a gold card, so they very publicly upgraded him?

I think that was the moment I stopped thinking of "gold" or "platinum" membership levels as status symbols.

Now, if there were a "gold-pressed latinum" membership level, that I would consider.

as an aside, I will be issuing gold pressed latinum as use for currency within the abscondi-cave. Use it for everything and anything, from ice cream sundaes to massages or just plain throwing at the tv when your sports team loses/you discover your show is being cancelled/the fictional character you are in a relationship with carries on with that guy/gal on screen instead of leaving them for you(which is by far the wiser option).

Note that these gold pressed latinum pieces will have my picture on them, and be worthless outside of the abscondi-cave.

I am also having a full bar and grill installed. I am in the process of hiring reasonable facsimiles of all the Doctors to act as bartenders, each of whom will know how to make their signature number drink.

And this is why Freehold gets cookies.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:

"You don't even have ONE room set aside for emergencies?" Nope. And if I did, you aren't an emergency. Also "I'm a Platinum member, you have to have a room for me!" Nope. I don't. F~&& off.

And I think the reason they don't really do the "No Vacancy" signs anymore is that they're worried the employees will turn it on even if there are rooms to sell. And to be fair, I would absolutely do that occasionally.

what are the benefits of platinum membership exactly?
I suspect it's something along the lines of "You're a self-important d*****bag, you you are entitled to give us extra money in exchange for the benefit of feeling extra special".

Universal Studios Hollywood takes this to the ultimate level: $109 buys you a "regular" ticket, where you stand in line with the rest of the hoi polloi. $349 gets you the "VIP Experience", where you simply get to ignore the hoi polloi and go to the front of the line. I have never seen such a blatant, "We cater to the rich, so %&$& off" attitude in my life.

So in spite of the fact that yes, I could afford the VIP tickets, I instead choose to not go to the park at all.

Because that **** is just ****ed up.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:
Pillbug Toenibbler wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
I have yet to find a spell point system that was not broken badly in some way. It has always been an ugly point of contention in games I have been in. Vancian has its problems to be sure - really ugly ones.
{knocks on door} Excuse me sir, do you have a couple minutes to talk about Our Lord and Savior, Psionic Power Points?
I've been staring at this one for 12 minutes trying to decide if it's surrealism, sarcasm, or sincere belief.

I'm definitely a big fan of Dreamscarred's refined psionics for Pathfinder. I vastly prefer it over Vancian spellcasting, even with the hinted at improvements for PF2E.

Freehold DM wrote:
I remember dark sun and the nonsense that occurred there. Love the setting, but no thanks to spell/psionic points.
Comparing the ambitious but wonky rules for 2e psionics to Dreamscarred's Pathfinder psionics is just as wrong as your sad devotion to Michael Bay. :)
i will give them a look out of fairness that we were talking about different things, but I am still quite skeptical.

2e psionics were broken as hell. I mean, I loved them, but you had to have an all psionics party or the non psionics characters got hosed. Dreamscarred’s psionics are a thing of beauty and I am a huge fan. I have played with these rules extensively and they are very well balanced and lots of fun.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
speaking of F%^& off. Our new second shift front desk lady had her first real @#$%^&* guest tonight. Apparently they book with a 3rd party but the 3rd party didn't make a reservation with us so the lady decided to give our front desk girl hell over it. I told her she was way to nice frankly I would of kicked her out.
as someone who has been in that situation before, it was probably both your faults. Not being that guy, just speaking from experience. Nothing quite like driving 15 hours to discover they havent heard of you. I have slept in hotel lobbies before as a result of that.
How is it the hotel's fault? When the third party (website, travel agent, etc) doesn't make the reservation we would have no way of knowing that you are coming. It's not like we saw the reservation and just said "Nah, f!&~ that guy." We never saw it. It's like if someone says "I'm mad at you because you didn't reply to my email" when they never sent you an email in the first place.

going over the most memorable excuses/reasons from memory...

- hotel was updating their website and never got the reservation despite me having an email from 3rd party as evidence that everything went through.

- third party made reservation at wrong hotel, despite the fact that the address and everything was the same as it stated on the hotel website. Apparently they had recently been acquired and were in the process of rebranding or something like that, and the correct hotel was in the next area over(near riot occurred over that as we were not the only people screwed over).

- reservation does not go through until midnight/noon/whatever time, no early check in as the hotel will literally never have heard of you until that time.

- hotel was having trouble with isp, never got reservation, and could not go online to check. Third party and hotel got into a huge fight over that one and had to fax over the information and evidence of transaction even as my boss had to fax over his credit card and ID attached to the transaction. At 3 am. From Brooklyn. I and my coworkers were in another state. This was a lot of fun.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Short Story: Insertion


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The kids are into drones, so I guess we're drone farmers now...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
NobodysHome wrote:
Woran wrote:
I'm 1m75 CM which is about 5'7. And exactly average Dutch female hight.

So you're telling me I should move to Holland and get a sex change operation and I'd manage to be slightly below average.

Woo hoo!

I already know I'm the average height for a girl, all the people calling me ma'am over the years made sure of that.

Plus, the long hair.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Woran wrote:
I'm 1m75 CM which is about 5'7. And exactly average Dutch female hight.

So you're telling me I should move to Holland and get a sex change operation and I'd manage to be slightly below average.

Woo hoo!

I already know I'm the average height for a girl, all the people calling me ma'am over the years made sure of that.

Plus, the long hair.

Yes, ma'am.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

See, Sharoth gets it!

smacks freshly planted drone to stop it from whirring.

How long until these things are supposed to sprout, the one I knocked out of the sky didn't come with planting instructions.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

Me in the car this morning, stuck in traffic: "B!*#@@%s!"

Teensy Valeros: "Did you say 'Daleks', Mom?"
Me: "YES! This traffic is as evil as Daleks!"

Lol. That is awesome! :D


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:

going over the most memorable excuses/reasons from memory...

- hotel was updating their website and never got the reservation despite me having an email from 3rd party as evidence that everything went through.

- third party made reservation at wrong hotel, despite the fact that the address and everything was the same as it stated on the hotel website. Apparently they had recently been acquired and were in the process of rebranding or something like that, and the correct hotel was in the next area over(near riot occurred over that as we were not the only people screwed over).

- reservation does not go through until midnight/noon/whatever time, no early check in as the hotel will literally never have heard of you until that time.

- hotel was having trouble with isp, never got reservation, and could not go online to check. Third party and hotel got into a huge fight over that one and had to fax over the information and evidence of transaction even as my boss had to fax over his credit card and ID attached to the transaction. At 3 am. From Brooklyn. I and my coworkers were in another state. This was a lot of fun.

A polite rebuttal: While every single item you list is indeed the hotel's fault, none of them are the person at the front desk's fault. Not only are they very likely just as powerless as you are to fix things, but they have to deal with such screw-ups, and the subsequent getting screamed at by angry, exhausted travelers on an almost-daily basis.

It's why I quit retail, and why I respect anyone who has to face the general public: If you're the face of the company, you get screamed at, threatened, or even physically assaulted for things over which you have no power at all.

So it takes a heck of a lot of willpower, but I always approach such situations with, "OK, I know this isn't your fault, and I know your company just screwed you over again, but as you can see, I'm in a bind here. You're a local. You know the area. What are my likely options at this point?"

You'd be amazed how much more effective that is.

And then, of course, once I have time I write a very angry physical letter to the hotel, and if they don't refund me and then some I boycott them and tell all my friends to do the same. But yelling at the front desk person? I've never seen it get anyone anywhere.

It's very much like food delivery: GrubHub, Diner Dash, and TryCaviar all screwed up with missing items, double charges, or whatnot, and their attitude was, "Your problem, not ours." So I boycott them. Amazon has screwed up multiple times, but their attitude is, "Sorry we screwed up! Dinner is on us, and here's a little extra something for your troubles."
Considering that between me and Shiro and all the games we cater the food delivery service is worth over $5,000 annually to the company that gets it right, this is a Big Deal.

But I never yell at the drivers; UNLESS I can see that the order is right on the receipt, and the driver screwed up. In that case, yeah, yelling at the driver is indeed in order.

EDIT: For the record, I don't know whether you named names, but Orbitz is 100% on my, "NEVER USE THIS SERVICE EVER AGAIN" list, as such happenings seem to be practically the norm for them.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:

Vanykyre, I think you're like Lynora who can twist herself without even realizing it. But is your finger causing you pain or something? I don't think I'd go around with a broken finger...

Oh I'm also running a sleep defecit but it's my own darned fault for too much slay the spire. I just had an electrifying run last night.

Psst: I played the defect and focused on lightning powers, then started blowing everything up in short order. And it looked completely natural.

Oh, god, for his sake I hope not! I wouldn’t wish my issues on my worst enemy!

*pops jaw back into place* (not saying this for dramatic emphasis or anything either. I really did just pop my jaw back into its socket. It’s been acting up lately.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:


Yes, we have some interesting drinks here. When Hi was here I made it a point to introduce him to the local funky drinks like luohanguo and longan and grass jelly.

Those drinks sound amazing! :)


3 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

Teensy Valeros is doing the standard thing of deciding that food is "horrible", "gross", and "disgusting" before he's tried it, bursting into tears, throwing a tantrum, and demanding dried cereal.

And when he didn't get his way, sat on the staircase outside the dining room playing his harmonica sadly until it got taken away.
And I thought Hermione was a drama queen.

(Dinner, btw, was a crimini mushroom, red pepper and Italian sausage risotto with fresh basil, and roasted asparagus (or "despairagus" as Val calls it) on the side. Not in the least disgusting unless you don't particularly like risotto.).

I am doing my best not to let it hurt my feelings. Hermione went through this phase as well (albeit without the sad harmonica) and now eats everything I make.

Yeah it’s a super annoying phase. Sometimes it takes longer to grow out of than others....kidlet currently eats like five things and that’s it. I keep reminding myself that my sister wouldn’t eat vegetables until she was like 18 or so, so there’s still some hope...

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

6' even, size 13-wide men's shoe.

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

Teensy Valeros is doing the standard thing of deciding that food is "horrible", "gross", and "disgusting" before he's tried it, bursting into tears, throwing a tantrum, and demanding dried cereal.

And when he didn't get his way, sat on the staircase outside the dining room playing his harmonica sadly until it got taken away.
And I thought Hermione was a drama queen.

(Dinner, btw, was a crimini mushroom, red pepper and Italian sausage risotto with fresh basil, and roasted asparagus (or "despairagus" as Val calls it) on the side. Not in the least disgusting unless you don't particularly like risotto.).

I am doing my best not to let it hurt my feelings. Hermione went through this phase as well (albeit without the sad harmonica) and now eats everything I make.

Yeah it’s a super annoying phase. Sometimes it takes longer to grow out of than others....kidlet currently eats like five things and that’s it. I keep reminding myself that my sister wouldn’t eat vegetables until she was like 18 or so, so there’s still some hope...

My niece has apparently hit this phase at all of age 6.

The good news is many vegetables are on her list of "will eat without complaint" bizarrely.

The bad news is that most main courses - meats, breads (other than french fries), eggs, etc. - she either is really picky about or eats incredibly slowly and very little thereof. The two weeks they were out here almost every meal was filled with her parents having to basically push her to finish each meal.

And no, it's not a vegetarian/vegan thing.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:


Yes, we have some interesting drinks here. When Hi was here I made it a point to introduce him to the local funky drinks like luohanguo and longan and grass jelly.

Those drinks sound amazing! :)

i f@$%ing love longan!!


4 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Scintillae wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:
Scintillae wrote:

grumble grumble All you tall people.

4'11" (149 cm)/6.5 shoe, which means I can actually shop in the kids' section.

Sorry about this... YAY SOMEONE SHORTER THEN ME!

*gives a whoop of joy*

Sorry, but it doesn't happen very often.

Tell me about it. My immediate thought on getting assigned a junior high class last year was "I will be taller than someone!" I was, in fact, not. What do they feed these kids?

You would have loved Impus Major. Didn't top 5' or 100 lbs until he was a sophomore in high school. He's still only around 5'2" and 115 lbs.

And he sings a very deep bass, giving the choir two basses who combined wouldn't top 250 lbs wet.

They're pretty hilarious together. "Where is that deep resonating sound coming from?"

From your description of his antics, he's got an eerily similar sense of humor to mine as-is.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:

Vanykyre, I think you're like Lynora who can twist herself without even realizing it. But is your finger causing you pain or something? I don't think I'd go around with a broken finger...

Oh I'm also running a sleep defecit but it's my own darned fault for too much slay the spire. I just had an electrifying run last night.

Psst: I played the defect and focused on lightning powers, then started blowing everything up in short order. And it looked completely natural.

Oh, god, for his sake I hope not! I wouldn’t wish my issues on my worst enemy!

*pops jaw back into place* (not saying this for dramatic emphasis or anything either. I really did just pop my jaw back into its socket. It’s been acting up lately.)

i am torn between wanting to heal you and wanting your x factor to continue your transformation into a superhumanly flexible being.

Wait, why cant we do both?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

Remember when the first Pres. Bush had to prove he was actually the President to a skeptical Kindergartener by showing the child his Amex card, and the American Express company was mortified because he only had the standard green Amex and not a gold card, so they very publicly upgraded him?

I think that was the moment I stopped thinking of "gold" or "platinum" membership levels as status symbols.

Now, if there were a "gold-pressed latinum" membership level, that I would consider.

I do not remember this. That's hilarious.

...granted, HW Bush left office when I was about 3, so I admit to not following politics very closely at the time.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

going over the most memorable excuses/reasons from memory...

- hotel was updating their website and never got the reservation despite me having an email from 3rd party as evidence that everything went through.

- third party made reservation at wrong hotel, despite the fact that the address and everything was the same as it stated on the hotel website. Apparently they had recently been acquired and were in the process of rebranding or something like that, and the correct hotel was in the next area over(near riot occurred over that as we were not the only people screwed over).

- reservation does not go through until midnight/noon/whatever time, no early check in as the hotel will literally never have heard of you until that time.

- hotel was having trouble with isp, never got reservation, and could not go online to check. Third party and hotel got into a huge fight over that one and had to fax over the information and evidence of transaction even as my boss had to fax over his credit card and ID attached to the transaction. At 3 am. From Brooklyn. I and my coworkers were in another state. This was a lot of fun.

A polite rebuttal: While every single item you list is indeed the hotel's fault, none of them are the person at the front desk's fault. Not only are they very likely just as powerless as you are to fix things, but they have to deal with such screw-ups, and the subsequent getting screamed at by angry, exhausted travelers on an almost-daily basis.

It's why I quit retail, and why I respect anyone who has to face the general public: If you're the face of the company, you get screamed at, threatened, or even physically assaulted for things over which you have no power at all.

So it takes a heck of a lot of willpower, but I always approach such situations with, "OK, I know this isn't your fault, and I know your company just screwed you over again, but as you can see, I'm in a bind here. You're a local. You know the area. What are my...

i very rarely take my anger out on the desk staff- the acquisition, our internet is down, and "we have never heard of you" are noted exceptions. I am a seasoned traveller and can tell the difference between someone just doing an unpleasant part of their job and someone hoping I leave of my own free will so if I come back angry they can call the cops in accordance with local law(the latter was an example of that). I always ask to speak to a manager, and I always have physical evidence of any transactions so I can keep arguing to a minimum.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

That makes you an extreme exception to the rule, then.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

Teensy Valeros is doing the standard thing of deciding that food is "horrible", "gross", and "disgusting" before he's tried it, bursting into tears, throwing a tantrum, and demanding dried cereal.

And when he didn't get his way, sat on the staircase outside the dining room playing his harmonica sadly until it got taken away.
And I thought Hermione was a drama queen.

(Dinner, btw, was a crimini mushroom, red pepper and Italian sausage risotto with fresh basil, and roasted asparagus (or "despairagus" as Val calls it) on the side. Not in the least disgusting unless you don't particularly like risotto.).

I am doing my best not to let it hurt my feelings. Hermione went through this phase as well (albeit without the sad harmonica) and now eats everything I make.

i really want to see the little guy in a jailbird outfit, mournfully playing while other kids ask him what he's in for.

That said it really is just a phase, he'll be eating everything long before puberty hits. No need for hurt feeings as you are not trying to convince him your liver is actually good(liver is not for eating, mom).

As an aside, bring the food he won't eat to me at the abscondi-cave, and I will regale you with how delicious it is.

Don't have kids yet, do you?

Impus Minor is 14 and eats lasagna, chicken strips, pizza, and salmon.

That is all.

We get spaghetti, chicken strips and fries, grilled cheese, quesadillas, and sometimes if the stars line up just right tamales or pizza. That’s it. When my sister was that age it was fried chicken, grilled cheese, omelettes, and plain noodles. She eats like a normal person now so I have some hope for the kidlet. .....some. Like, I’m not holding my breath or anything


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:


Don't have kids yet, do you?

Impus Minor is 14 and eats lasagna, chicken strips, pizza, and salmon.

That is all.

those can be worked with and prepared dozens of different ways.
With some kids that will work, but many, if it's not in the exact form that they expect it to be, won't even eat it then.

So much this. I made the attempt with spaghetti but no go. If it isn’t done in the exact right way it isn’t ‘real’ spaghetti.....so sick of the exact same pasta all the time....sooooo sick of it


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

Meanwhile, why do little boys think their underpants are magic pockets of holding?!?

Seriously... this morning, my son had legos, coins, and a puzzle eraser in his underpants. WTF?

It's sort of like a dragon/turtle combination: carrying your horde of treasure around with you.

Girl children do not do this.

Lol. This is hilarious!

And no, the kidlet did not do this. He did go through a phase where he would pull off his clothes every time my back was turned and throw them around though, underpants included. But he was not all about using them as pockets.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:


Don't have kids yet, do you?

Impus Minor is 14 and eats lasagna, chicken strips, pizza, and salmon.

That is all.

those can be worked with and prepared dozens of different ways.
With some kids that will work, but many, if it's not in the exact form that they expect it to be, won't even eat it then.

Correct. It's not, "Dozens of different ways."

It's, "It MUST be exactly THIS brand, cooked EXACTLY this way, or I won't eat it."

Variation is not tolerated.

Good to know it’s not just us! :)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
It's all about word choice. If you say you killed a rabbit, people think you are a hunter. Say that you killed a bunny, however, and people will think you are a monster.

If I tell someone I murdered a bunny, it's 100% guaranteed I just got a couple chocolate bunnies on sale for 50% off the Monday or Tuesday after Easter.

Edit: It belatedly occurs to me that this doesn't do anything to dispell the notion that people will think I'm a monster. If they've seen me eat a chocolate bunny before, they're probably correct.

lisamarlene wrote:

Meanwhile, why do little boys think their underpants are magic pockets of holding?!?

Seriously... this morning, my son had legos, coins, and a puzzle eraser in his underpants. WTF?

It's sort of like a dragon/turtle combination: carrying your horde of treasure around with you.

Girl children do not do this.

I know a couple women who store stuff in their bras, but I don't understand that either. (Who wants to have sweaty stuff?)

Also, your risotto dish sounds delicious.

The bra thing is mostly desperation due to lack of pockets in women’s clothing. I’ve had to do it a couple of times myself. It really only works if you tuck a punch in there to protect your stuff from sweat. And it’s still uncomfortable.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

*Pops out of his shell, and stretches*

Spend time with gaming buddies today, revived an old 3.5 games, and got so stuffed with delicious goodies! (Seriously, the hosts cooked up a feast for us).

Tired now. I'm not as good at keeping my attention or my energy levels up as I use too…

*Yawn*

Oh and happy Father's day to the father's out there in FaWtL-land.

*Looks around for Mort*

You are a health sized kitty ^^
and yes, by the standarts up here I'm on the short and fat side (I prefer barrel-shaped!).
Wish I could share a drink with you someday kitty…
"Clinking" online is just not the same.
Also…all that sweetish liqueur isn't really for me…but I would gladly pass it on to a certain sweet-toothed kitty =)

*Pats Scintillae on the shoulder*
I didn't really imagine you quite like that, but really that doesn't matter.
You've shown plenty of smarts, gentleness and humour to convince me, that your "package-size", don't really matter that much.

*Pull out a character sheet*

So if a Frog riding a frog is a thing…
And a Fox riding a "fox" is a thing
How would you make the Human equivalent?
Would that be a Human riding a Centaur? Or maybe a Human riding a Pony-Girl/Boy!? ;P

Scarab Sages

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
NobodysHome wrote:
Woran wrote:
I'm 1m75 CM which is about 5'7. And exactly average Dutch female hight.

So you're telling me I should move to Holland and get a sex change operation and I'd manage to be slightly below average.

Woo hoo!

Feel free to do so. No one will blink twice here. Except at your hight.

We dont care abot your sexuality. But making fun of your hight... That is free game :P

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

About to see Galactic Empire. (Band).

Real psyked.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Woran wrote:
I recently wondered just how long a forum thread could get. If there way any limit. I guess I have at least a partial answer. I'll check back once in a while to see how this grows :)

Hullo! This is the sixth version of this thread, and thus the sixth iteration of the experiment-cum-social-hangout of its kind.

We've (or rather, a bunch of other people who are not me) found the limit five times previously, and the website was retooled to make it even bigger each time! So it's an exciting process to be a part of! You should check in more often to talk about random stuff!

Hey, hey! Watch your language!

Well, the computer definitely didn't graduate summa cum laude.

EDIT: but automated censor programs have been making normal things dirty since before various historical figures being, "buttbuttinated."

(One of my absolute favorite auto-replacements of all times.)

Ha! XD

Well, that’s now my fav auto replacement as well! I hadn’t heard that one before!:D


1 person marked this as a favorite.

5' 8", shoe size 8.

I also have tiny arms and a titchy torso; most of my height is in my legs. That may make me sound slightly more grotesque than I actually am, but only slightly.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

You would have loved Impus Major. Didn't top 5' or 100 lbs until he was a sophomore in high school. He's still only around 5'2" and 115 lbs.

And he sings a very deep bass, giving the choir two basses who combined wouldn't top 250 lbs wet.

They're pretty hilarious together. "Where is that deep resonating sound coming from?"

The same could be said about frogs...

Wait...

Is Impus Major a grippli himself?

195,601 to 195,650 of 238,600 << first < prev | 3908 | 3909 | 3910 | 3911 | 3912 | 3913 | 3914 | 3915 | 3916 | 3917 | 3918 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.