Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

191,901 to 191,950 of 240,509 << first < prev | 3834 | 3835 | 3836 | 3837 | 3838 | 3839 | 3840 | 3841 | 3842 | 3843 | 3844 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

There was a time when Yamcha was the greatest threat Goku had ever faced.

I don't know who is supposed to be nekkid here. Yamcha? Goku? Me as I sit on the couch and watch the show?


Always remember, according to the laws of gravity, the fatter you are the more everyone is attracted to you.


gran rey de los nekkid wrote:

There was a time when Yamcha was the greatest threat Goku had ever faced.

I don't know who is supposed to be nekkid here. Yamcha? Goku? Me as I sit on the couch and watch the show?

My how the tables have turned.

The Exchange

Orthos:

On planes with this trait, time still passes, but the effects of time are diminished. How the timeless trait affects certain activities or conditions such as hunger, thirst, aging, the effects of poison, and healing varies from plane to plane. The danger of a timeless plane is that once an individual leaves such a plane for one where time flows normally, conditions such as hunger and aging occur retroactively. If a plane is timeless with respect to magic, any spell cast with a noninstantaneous duration is permanent until dispelled.

Note the wording:The danger of a timeless plane is that once an individual leaves such a plane for one where time flows normally, conditions such as hunger and aging occur retroactively.

So yeah your years would automatically catch up with you, and interpreting that aging takes place retroactively indicates that time passes normally elsewhere.

Fuzzy business as I said, so I put my own interpretation on it.


interesting.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Had to explain to a guy why the top floor call button for out elevator only had one button instead of two buttons (You know one up and one down)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Did you then have to explain why the bottom floor call also only had one?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

That was in fact one of my examples I gave while explaining it to him.


Is it the weekend yet.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I woke up fifteen minutes early, but I'm already fifteen minutes behind schedule.

So, it's going to be one of those days.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Or, more seriously, how about ne'er-do-well, rapscallion, reprobate, scalawag, miscreant, hooligan, scoundrel, scruffy-looking nerf herder, or scamp?

I'll take a scruffy-looking nerf nerder!

(Puts hand down sheepishly, looks around awkwardly.)

Sorry, I misread and I thought you were offering.

You know, sort of like the "Free Stuff" section of Craigslist.


8 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Addresses are a mysterious business.

My grandmother died back in 1984 or so. We got junk mail for her over 25 years later, at multiple addresses as the kids moved out. It was... amazing.

My favorite "bad address" story was when Phi Beta Kappa tracked down my address as somehow related to my (deceased) father's.

So I wrote them a fairly snarky letter about how, being deceased, I was worried that my odor and lack of social skills might be off-putting to my fellow members, so I had to decline their invitation, and signed it in my father's name.
They sent back a wonderful tongue-in-cheek response, apologizing for disturbing my rest and assuring me that they did not hold my reticence against me.

I've liked 'em ever since.

I've only sent one letter like that.

After my Dad died and we paid to get a moving company to bring the remainder of his things out West, I started getting a lot of junk mail for him at my address. Most of it I just tossed, but when I received a postcard advertisement from The Neptune Society offering a special deal on pre-paid arrangements to scatter his ashes at sea, I got pissed off and sent them a letter back saying that, as the combined U.S. and French Coast Guards were not able to locate his body after a week of searching, if THEY could manage it, I would happily pay double their standard prices for them to cremate his remains and return them to the sea.

For the life of me, I can't understand why they never wrote back.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

So, here's the problem with GMing for Whingey Wizard in a nutshell: He expects me to care as much as he does about every teensy little detail of the campaign.

So this weekend's session should be a breeze; all of Castle Korvosa and most of the Sunken Queen is prepped, so it's a quick review of my notes and I'm ready.

Except last time the party drew something like 24 cards from a Deck of Many Things (all kinds of fun), and I expect he's going to expect me to remember every single card that was drawn and in what order.

And honestly, I just don't care all that much. Everybody wrote down the effects, each player knows what they got, and I have faith in their memories.

So why am I spending a couple of hours going back over the notes to figure it all out?
'Cause if I don't, there will be tension at the table 'cause Whingey thinks I'm not "doing my job".

*SIGH*.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Meanwhile, my group went nowhere near the NPC that would allow them to get said Deck!


NobodysHome wrote:

So, here's the problem with GMing for Whingey Wizard in a nutshell: He expects me to care as much as he does about every teensy little detail of the campaign.

So this weekend's session should be a breeze; all of Castle Korvosa and most of the Sunken Queen is prepped, so it's a quick review of my notes and I'm ready.

Except last time the party drew something like 24 cards from a Deck of Many Things (all kinds of fun), and I expect he's going to expect me to remember every single card that was drawn and in what order.

And honestly, I just don't care all that much. Everybody wrote down the effects, each player knows what they got, and I have faith in their memories.

So why am I spending a couple of hours going back over the notes to figure it all out?
'Cause if I don't, there will be tension at the table 'cause Whingey thinks I'm not "doing my job".

*SIGH*.

Well, he's been really flogging the "personal responsibility" bit with Hermione and Teensy Valeros lately, so...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yay! More early essays! That's almost a quarter of them.


Irony:

  • Yesterday afternoon to wrap up the day I reviewed a colleague's content on how our software manages tracking agent availability and how it can prevent further orders from being submitted once the agent workload reaches a critical threshold.
  • Yesterday evening I ordered pizzas through Amazon Restaurants and after an hour and a half of waiting they had to cancel the order because they didn't have enough drivers available.

  • Yes, I got a refund, plus $20 off my next order, but seriously, Amazon?


    lisamarlene wrote:
    gran rey de los mono wrote:
    Or, more seriously, how about ne'er-do-well, rapscallion, reprobate, scalawag, miscreant, hooligan, scoundrel, scruffy-looking nerf herder, or scamp?

    I'll take a scruffy-looking nerf nerder!

    (Puts hand down sheepishly, looks around awkwardly.)

    Sorry, I misread and I thought you were offering.

    You know, sort of like the "Free Stuff" section of Craigslist.

    delivers Harrison Ford to lisamarlene

    Sign here please...


    5 people marked this as a favorite.
    lisamarlene wrote:
    NobodysHome wrote:

    So, here's the problem with GMing for Whingey Wizard in a nutshell: He expects me to care as much as he does about every teensy little detail of the campaign.

    So this weekend's session should be a breeze; all of Castle Korvosa and most of the Sunken Queen is prepped, so it's a quick review of my notes and I'm ready.

    Except last time the party drew something like 24 cards from a Deck of Many Things (all kinds of fun), and I expect he's going to expect me to remember every single card that was drawn and in what order.

    And honestly, I just don't care all that much. Everybody wrote down the effects, each player knows what they got, and I have faith in their memories.

    So why am I spending a couple of hours going back over the notes to figure it all out?
    'Cause if I don't, there will be tension at the table 'cause Whingey thinks I'm not "doing my job".

    *SIGH*.

    Well, he's been really flogging the "personal responsibility" bit with Hermione and Teensy Valeros lately, so...

    That's it.

    I am officially replacing Whingey Wizard with Harrison Ford.

    I dont think anyone is going to complain.


    3 people marked this as a favorite.

    Remembering who drew which 24 cards however long ago in real time? Talk about unrealistic expectations. I'd be overjoyed if Mrs Sunrise and the Homunculi remembered to turn lights off when they leave for school/work.

    In other news, fifteen years later, and I am still happily enjoying the BSG soundtrack.


    6 people marked this as a favorite.
    Freehold DM wrote:
    lisamarlene wrote:
    NobodysHome wrote:

    So, here's the problem with GMing for Whingey Wizard in a nutshell: He expects me to care as much as he does about every teensy little detail of the campaign.

    So this weekend's session should be a breeze; all of Castle Korvosa and most of the Sunken Queen is prepped, so it's a quick review of my notes and I'm ready.

    Except last time the party drew something like 24 cards from a Deck of Many Things (all kinds of fun), and I expect he's going to expect me to remember every single card that was drawn and in what order.

    And honestly, I just don't care all that much. Everybody wrote down the effects, each player knows what they got, and I have faith in their memories.

    So why am I spending a couple of hours going back over the notes to figure it all out?
    'Cause if I don't, there will be tension at the table 'cause Whingey thinks I'm not "doing my job".

    *SIGH*.

    Well, he's been really flogging the "personal responsibility" bit with Hermione and Teensy Valeros lately, so...

    That's it.

    I an officially replacing Whingey Wizard with Harrison Ford.

    I dont think anyone is going to complain.

    Could I trade him in on Hugh Jackman instead?

    Ford in his later years looked too much like my old man.


    5 people marked this as a favorite.

    headdesk That's one plagiarism...


    4 people marked this as a favorite.
    lisamarlene wrote:
    Freehold DM wrote:
    lisamarlene wrote:
    NobodysHome wrote:

    So, here's the problem with GMing for Whingey Wizard in a nutshell: He expects me to care as much as he does about every teensy little detail of the campaign.

    So this weekend's session should be a breeze; all of Castle Korvosa and most of the Sunken Queen is prepped, so it's a quick review of my notes and I'm ready.

    Except last time the party drew something like 24 cards from a Deck of Many Things (all kinds of fun), and I expect he's going to expect me to remember every single card that was drawn and in what order.

    And honestly, I just don't care all that much. Everybody wrote down the effects, each player knows what they got, and I have faith in their memories.

    So why am I spending a couple of hours going back over the notes to figure it all out?
    'Cause if I don't, there will be tension at the table 'cause Whingey thinks I'm not "doing my job".

    *SIGH*.

    Well, he's been really flogging the "personal responsibility" bit with Hermione and Teensy Valeros lately, so...

    That's it.

    I an officially replacing Whingey Wizard with Harrison Ford.

    I dont think anyone is going to complain.

    Could I trade him in on Hugh Jackman instead?

    Ford in his later years looked too much like my old man.

    ugh...hate Hugh Jackman.

    However, he isn't Ryan Reynolds so...there is that.

    Okay, I will allow you to exchange Whingey Wizard AND Harrison Ford for Hugh Jackman.

    But you get either singing, dancing Hugh Jackman OR "Wolverine", NOT BOTH.


    7 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    I forgot to leave Tiny T-Rex's backpack with him this morning (distracted by work thoughts) so I get call from his teacher when I'm a block away, so I immediately notice I'm wearing his backpack, so I tell the teacher that and she's like "can you tell him that, he's rather distraught he might have to eat school lunch"

    So, you know you're crushing parenting when your child cries at the prospect of even possibly eating school lunch.


    4 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    I'm building a wall today, six different shapes with two different elevations to the block (some are two high).

    It's looking really nice so far, and this is my first project where I'm on the webcam. :-)


    5 people marked this as a favorite.
    Freehold DM wrote:
    lisamarlene wrote:
    Freehold DM wrote:
    lisamarlene wrote:
    NobodysHome wrote:

    So, here's the problem with GMing for Whingey Wizard in a nutshell: He expects me to care as much as he does about every teensy little detail of the campaign.

    So this weekend's session should be a breeze; all of Castle Korvosa and most of the Sunken Queen is prepped, so it's a quick review of my notes and I'm ready.

    Except last time the party drew something like 24 cards from a Deck of Many Things (all kinds of fun), and I expect he's going to expect me to remember every single card that was drawn and in what order.

    And honestly, I just don't care all that much. Everybody wrote down the effects, each player knows what they got, and I have faith in their memories.

    So why am I spending a couple of hours going back over the notes to figure it all out?
    'Cause if I don't, there will be tension at the table 'cause Whingey thinks I'm not "doing my job".

    *SIGH*.

    Well, he's been really flogging the "personal responsibility" bit with Hermione and Teensy Valeros lately, so...

    That's it.

    I an officially replacing Whingey Wizard with Harrison Ford.

    I dont think anyone is going to complain.

    Could I trade him in on Hugh Jackman instead?

    Ford in his later years looked too much like my old man.

    ugh...hate Hugh Jackman.

    However, he isn't Ryan Reynolds so...there is that.

    Okay, I will allow you to exchange Whingey Wizard AND Harrison Ford for Hugh Jackman.

    But you get either singing, dancing Hugh Jackman OR "Wolverine", NOT BOTH.

    B*&~!%!$.

    I want to see Wolverine and T'Challa singing and dancing together in the greatest buddy musical ever made, like Donald O'Connor and Gene Kelly but with tight body armor and claws.

    (Sigh)

    A girl can dream, right?


    Hello, everyone.


    (Which is in no way intended to trivialize or fetishize Black Panther, I just think that dancers are hot, superheroes are hot, and while putting two awesome things together doesn't always work out so well (lobster on pizza, anyone?), well... )


    John Napier 698 wrote:
    Hello, everyone.

    hi, John!

    I'm on recess duty and I'm bored!


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Kind of like being a Lifeguard? Allowed to watch, but can't play/swim?


    Not a fan of lobster myself, but come to think of it I'd think that lobster pizza would be a thing. I mean it can't be any weirder than pinneapple pizza or any grosser than sardine pizza...can it?


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Tequila Sunrise wrote:
    Not a fan of lobster myself, but come to think of it I'd think that lobster pizza would be a thing. I mean it can't be any weirder than pinneapple pizza or any grosser than sardine pizza...can it?

    Hey, if terrible restaurants can make it...


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    Sea cockroaches are delicious. Never tried them on a pizza though.

    I keep meaning to try pineapple and olive ("Sweet and salty!") on a pizza, but my inner carnivore always wins out.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    The knuckles in my fingers are starting to hurt, and I just got a twinge in my hip and shoulder. I guess it will rain soon.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    Today I ate Vietnamese food for the first time (can't remember what it was called, but it consisted of broken fried rice, chilis, dried shrimp, chicken and picklez)

    It was smashing.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    I'm rather surprised that I haven't told (horror) stories about the various food delivery services around here, but here goes (in alphabetical order):

  • Amazon: Started off amazingly well, with three or four deliveries on time, piping hot, with remarkably-friendly deliverypeople. Unfortunately, the last two times dinner hasn't shown up at all. The first time they gave me a full refund and got me dinner, so it was a free dinner. The second time (last night) they just gave me a full refund plus a $20 gift card.
    So, here's a lesson in customer service: At this point they're not doing much better than any of the other delivery places in terms of consistency. But read on to learn why Amazon's kicking everyone else's butt!
  • Diner Dash: These guys were our go-to delivery guys... up until one of their drivers hit Shiro's Alfa Romeo as it was parked out front, scraping his SUV along it to the tune of $20k in damage (well, it was an Alfa Romeo). Diner Dash's response? "Oh, our drivers are private contractors. Read the terms of service. We're not responsible. It's between you and the 19-year-old driver. We weren't involved."
    And of course the driver didn't have collision, and didn't have that kind of money, so it was a nightmare of phone calls and threats of attorneys before Diner Dash admitted that maybe, just maybe, hiring uninsured drivers and then claiming no liability might just come back to haunt them.
    I'm pretty sure Shiro eventually got paid, but the experience left him with such a sour taste in his mouth that we are not allowed to even mention Diner Dash in his home.
  • GrubHub: This was a classic. The food didn't show up on time. They called to cancel. GrubHub refused to cancel the order, insisting it would be there within an hour. "We've already been waiting 2 hours. We're hungry. We're going out to dinner."
    "Tough! We're going to deliver the food anyway!"
    So Shiro has security cameras and motion sensors. They ordered the food at 6:30 pm, and went out to dinner at 8:30 pm. At 10:00 pm, the driver came to the door, banged on it, and then just dumped the bags of food in the walkway and stormed off. GrubHub continued to try to charge Shiro for the food, because it was technically delivered. Shiro sent them the video with the timestamp. They backed off fast.
    But yeah, no GrubHub, either.
  • TryCaviar: 13 orders total. 7 orders missing at least one item. Usually entire dinners were missing. One time it was a two-page order and they missed an entire page! But the final straw was when we ordered $250 worth of food and they showed up with 2 drinks and one packet of appetizers. Just... wow!
    So yes, every single time we complained we got our money back, but consistently getting partial orders just got ridiculous.

  • So in terms of what we've got to choose from, "We'll either get your order right and on time, or it won't show up at all and we'll give you a full refund with no questions asked" turns out to be pretty darned good. Sadly enough...

    Shadow Lodge

    Just a Mort wrote:

    Orthos:

    On planes with this trait, time still passes, but the effects of time are diminished. How the timeless trait affects certain activities or conditions such as hunger, thirst, aging, the effects of poison, and healing varies from plane to plane. The danger of a timeless plane is that once an individual leaves such a plane for one where time flows normally, conditions such as hunger and aging occur retroactively. If a plane is timeless with respect to magic, any spell cast with a noninstantaneous duration is permanent until dispelled.

    Note the wording:The danger of a timeless plane is that once an individual leaves such a plane for one where time flows normally, conditions such as hunger and aging occur retroactively.

    So yeah your years would automatically catch up with you, and interpreting that aging takes place retroactively indicates that time passes normally elsewhere.

    Fuzzy business as I said, so I put my own interpretation on it.

    Huh, I stand corrected. They changed the wording on it.

    Shadow Lodge

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Ambrosia Slaad wrote:

    Sea cockroaches are delicious. Never tried them on a pizza though.

    I keep meaning to try pineapple and olive ("Sweet and salty!") on a pizza, but my inner carnivore always wins out.

    Pepperoni, pineapple, and black olive is one of my favorite combinations for pizza.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    Supreme, no Anchovies for me. And a beer. Mustn't forget the drink.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    I can't remember the last time I had food delivered.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Sometimes, I order a pizza and have it delivered to my garage while at work. They do a pretty good job of getting my pie here on time.

    The Exchange

    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    I just acquired some peach liqueur. Was thinking of getting chocolate but it was double the price(admittedly double the volume too). And I didn't want to get my parents complaining I'm becoming an alcoholic.

    I tried it last night and it was soooo good. I even passed some to my mom...and she said it was a little too sweet and she'd have it diluted. She never even noticed the 28% alcohol ;) Heh...

    The Exchange

    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    I used to take Hawaiian pizzas a lot, then my carnivore BF corrupted me and now I go for beef pepperoni. No beers though. Strictly no alcohol at work.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    lisamarlene wrote:
    Freehold DM wrote:
    lisamarlene wrote:
    Freehold DM wrote:
    lisamarlene wrote:
    NobodysHome wrote:

    So, here's the problem with GMing for Whingey Wizard in a nutshell: He expects me to care as much as he does about every teensy little detail of the campaign.

    So this weekend's session should be a breeze; all of Castle Korvosa and most of the Sunken Queen is prepped, so it's a quick review of my notes and I'm ready.

    Except last time the party drew something like 24 cards from a Deck of Many Things (all kinds of fun), and I expect he's going to expect me to remember every single card that was drawn and in what order.

    And honestly, I just don't care all that much. Everybody wrote down the effects, each player knows what they got, and I have faith in their memories.

    So why am I spending a couple of hours going back over the notes to figure it all out?
    'Cause if I don't, there will be tension at the table 'cause Whingey thinks I'm not "doing my job".

    *SIGH*.

    Well, he's been really flogging the "personal responsibility" bit with Hermione and Teensy Valeros lately, so...

    That's it.

    I an officially replacing Whingey Wizard with Harrison Ford.

    I dont think anyone is going to complain.

    Could I trade him in on Hugh Jackman instead?

    Ford in his later years looked too much like my old man.

    ugh...hate Hugh Jackman.

    However, he isn't Ryan Reynolds so...there is that.

    Okay, I will allow you to exchange Whingey Wizard AND Harrison Ford for Hugh Jackman.

    But you get either singing, dancing Hugh Jackman OR "Wolverine", NOT BOTH.

    B*#~!$*+.

    I want to see Wolverine and T'Challa singing and dancing together in the greatest buddy musical ever made, like Donald O'Connor and Gene Kelly but with tight body armor and claws.

    (Sigh)

    A girl can dream, right?

    great.

    Now I cant get the image out of my head.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Only real brooklyn pizza here. Plain, pepperoni, or sausage and pepper. Or mushroom.

    Occasionally pepes.

    Shadow Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Try not to let me derail if you'd rather I didn't, but I have some questions. What is this thread, exactly? From what I can tell, a bunch of nice people talking about things. That's cool!

    I'm here because it seems very chill and friendly (plus the most popular thread in the section), and I am a greedy knave seeking to benefit. I've been trying to check for interest in critiquing a silly game I am currently making. I posted in Off-Topic Discussions, because I don't think the new website has a better section (like the old Homebrew one or something similar). Less than a day, and it has already dropped off the list of recent posts with no responses.

    Maybe however many of those who've seen it weren't curious. Though that was likely the case, I don't think a lot of people saw. If you'd like to give a strange tabletop RPG a tongue-lashing for how bad it is, feel free to express interest here. If not, no need to feel any obligation. Not a whit.

    If the denizens of this thread would rather I didn't make this pitch or otherwise post here, tell me. I'll delete the post no problem; and if that's the case, my apologies.


    Welcome to FaWtL!

    Tongue lashing isn't really my thing though.

    You're welcome to post if you want. :-)

    Shadow Lodge

    Saving Cap'n Crunch wrote:
    Try not to let me derail if you'd rather I didn't, but I have some questions. What is this thread, exactly? From what I can tell, a bunch of nice people talking about things. That's cool!

    Yep, pretty much. It's just a hang out and relax thread. It started back in the old days as the original Forums Are Way Too Long!!! thread of someone whining about the forums being too big and threads too long, but since then has been coopted into the friendly thread you see here.

    Just remember the three rules: no politics, no religion, no sports (though we tend to kinda slack on this last one, especially when Kjeldorn or Limey start talking about Euro sports and us Americanside folk get that glazed over look in our eyes).

    Quote:

    I'm here because it seems very chill and friendly (plus the most popular thread in the section), and I am a greedy knave seeking to benefit. I've been trying to check for interest in critiquing a silly game I am currently making. I posted in Off-Topic Discussions, because I don't think the new website has a better section (like the old Homebrew one or something similar). Less than a day, and it has already dropped off the list of recent posts with no responses.

    Maybe however many of those who've seen it weren't curious. Though that was likely the case, I don't think a lot of people saw. If you'd like to give a strange tabletop RPG a tongue-lashing for how bad it is, feel free to express interest here. If not, no need to feel any obligation. Not a whit.

    If the denizens of this thread would rather I didn't make this pitch or otherwise post here, tell me. I'll delete the post no problem; and if that's the case, my apologies.

    I don't have a problem with the link and we've got some armchair designers here who do their thing from time to time, maybe one of them will give you some feedback. In the meantime welcome to the thread and enjoy your stay =)


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    It's more or less a clubhouse. We talk about stuff, complain about life, and generally have fun. You're welcome to join the insanity, if you want.

    Shadow Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Thanks aplenty for letting me aboard!

    I tend to avoid those three topics anyway.

    I'll probably pop in from time to time, but can't make any promises of regularity. Fortunately, there's no need to!

    191,901 to 191,950 of 240,509 << first < prev | 3834 | 3835 | 3836 | 3837 | 3838 | 3839 | 3840 | 3841 | 3842 | 3843 | 3844 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.