Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

191,751 to 191,800 of 243,411 << first < prev | 3831 | 3832 | 3833 | 3834 | 3835 | 3836 | 3837 | 3838 | 3839 | 3840 | 3841 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Off to bed, tomorrow another day of inhuman early getting up... Like the rest of the week. I'll rest on Monday.


Drejk wrote:
Fluffernutter?

Fluffernutter.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I could use some naked "rest".


Hey there little guy!


NobodysHome wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Fluffernutter?
Fluffernutter.

Definitely fluffy!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Message Left for Impus Major on the Whiteboard:

Whiteboard wrote:

Took calico and fluffernutter to the vet.

You are all alone in the house...
...ignore the snickering coming from the basement...

Yep! Father of the Year, here I come!

*Polishes his "Snickering Basement-dwelling Troglodyte Horror of the Year" trophy*

If not, I might be available for either troglodyte coaching or child-torment on short notice.

(I also do pet sitting on the side).

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I think coldness breeds lethargy. I've been lurking around for days but haven't had the concentration to post.

Here's a picture of Happy things!

The shiroi koibito park reminds me of Disneyland for some reason, like that magical, fantastic feel.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
Darth Draconis wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

Message Left for Impus Major on the Whiteboard:

Whiteboard wrote:

Took calico and fluffernutter to the vet.

You are all alone in the house...
...ignore the snickering coming from the basement...

Yep! Father of the Year, here I come!

Come join the dark side. We have cookies!!!

Impus Major was a villain material long before that.

Although whatever happens now can shape what kind of villain he will be...

The funniest thing is, I *could* put in a remotely-activated sound system in Whimseyshire so there was mysterious cackling coming from there, but considering last time the kids were home alone and got scared they barricaded themselves in the kitchen and armed themselves with around 20 kitchen knives, my feeling is that for their own safety I'm just keeping it mildly-threatening and low-key.

My kids are Home Alone meets The Shining.


8 people marked this as a favorite.

Oh, and Proud Parent Moment #1156:

Unbeknownst to either me or NobodysWife, the kids ran off to get flowers for her on Mother's Day. Knowing her well, they bought her black lilies. She was delighted. She was even more delighted with their description of their interaction with the shopkeep.
"Don't you want something to brighten it up?"
"No."
"But... it's just black flowers."
"Yep."
"And there's nothing filling in the bouquet. They look kind of scraggly, and black, and dead."
"Yep. We'll take it."

Apparently they presented such a creepy unified front that the florist relented. And NobodysWife got a bouquet that she LOVES.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Korvosa is saved. Somehow.


7 people marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
All I want to know is: How much did Impus Major do before this, to get himself banned from mentioning a celebrity chef?
It's Guy Fieri, once is enough.
why does everyone hate him again?

He was Fronkensteened together from GM's leftover Pontiac parts bins.

lisamarlene wrote:
Dread Pyrite LeChunk wrote:
Kjeldorn wrote:
The Unsinkable VII
Can the figurehead at the prow be carved to resemble Debbie Reynolds? Can the ship be haunted/cursed so that crew members and passengers will randomly break into a musical?

So basically the pirates from Galavant?

You know, if you combined the Galavant pirates with Pirates of the Caribbean II, you might actually have a decent movie. I would watch singing, dancing zombie pirates in a heartbeat. And organize the first fan con.

I was thinking of something else, but Galavant works too.
I'm hoping for Penzance, but I'm pretty sure they're too young for that to be appreciated.

My kids love Penzance, but my kids are weird. Last year, Teensy Valeros got in trouble at school for standing on two chairs with a fruit knife raised over his head and singing "O better far to live and die" at the top of his lungs.

And he knows all the words.


Future actor?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
All I want to know is: How much did Impus Major do before this, to get himself banned from mentioning a celebrity chef?
It's Guy Fieri, once is enough.
why does everyone hate him again?

He was Fronkensteened together from GM's leftover Pontiac parts bins.

lisamarlene wrote:
Dread Pyrite LeChunk wrote:
Kjeldorn wrote:
The Unsinkable VII
Can the figurehead at the prow be carved to resemble Debbie Reynolds? Can the ship be haunted/cursed so that crew members and passengers will randomly break into a musical?

So basically the pirates from Galavant?

You know, if you combined the Galavant pirates with Pirates of the Caribbean II, you might actually have a decent movie. I would watch singing, dancing zombie pirates in a heartbeat. And organize the first fan con.

I was thinking of something else, but Galavant works too.

I saw her live onstage in the revival tour when I was in college. She was in her sixties then and could still sing and dance better than most people can in their twenties.


First off:
Yay Kitty!
*Fluffs Mort's fur*

Secondly:

Just a Mort wrote:

I think coldness breeds lethargy....

Might do so...

I seem to remember that people do "generally" (with variations such as regional temperature norms, occupation, overall health and the like) do worse at most activities during temperatur spikes (such as heatwaves).


Scintillae wrote:
Korvosa is saved. Somehow.

Yaaaaaaay! =)

Did I get what I came for?


Kjeldorn wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:

I think coldness breeds lethargy....

Might do so...

I seem to remember that people do "generally" (with variations such as regional temperature norms, occupation, overall health and the like) do worse at most activities during temperatur spikes (such as heatwaves).

Speaking personally, I do better at active activities when it's warmer and cold makes me sleepy and less willing to move around and do things. I flip back to lethargic if it gets hot enough, but it's a restless kind of lethargy, not the kind that makes me want to snooze. Especially grouch-inducing when it happens while I'm trying to sleep.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Oh, and Proud Parent Moment #1156:

Unbeknownst to either me or NobodysWife, the kids ran off to get flowers for her on Mother's Day. Knowing her well, they bought her black lilies. She was delighted. She was even more delighted with their description of their interaction with the shopkeep.
"Don't you want something to brighten it up?"
"No."
"But... it's just black flowers."
"Yep."
"And there's nothing filling in the bouquet. They look kind of scraggly, and black, and dead."
"Yep. We'll take it."

Apparently they presented such a creepy unified front that the florist relented. And NobodysWife got a bouquet that she LOVES.

your wife is cool in addition to hot.


12 people marked this as a favorite.

Woohoo! Just got a text from my sister, Mom's surgery "went great! They got it all and they didn't have to go into her forehead. We'll be heading home soon! :) "
They were originally thinking they might have to do up to three surgeries to get it all.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Huzzah!!

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Cold drains my energy... And I get bus sick on bus when trying to post on phone, so I prefer to snooze it off.

Also my BF is a bad influence. He just wants to lie around in bed and refuse to budge..

Great to hear on your mom, LM!

Did Hi say anything about me?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
Kjeldorn wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:

I think coldness breeds lethargy....

Might do so...

I seem to remember that people do "generally" (with variations such as regional temperature norms, occupation, overall health and the like) do worse at most activities during temperatur spikes (such as heatwaves).
Speaking personally, I do better at active activities when it's warmer and cold makes me sleepy and less willing to move around and do things. I flip back to lethargic if it gets hot enough, but it's a restless kind of lethargy, not the kind that makes me want to snooze. Especially grouch-inducing when it happens while I'm trying to sleep.

Yup the "too hot to sleep" heat is all to familiar, even up here.

Think is something of a environmental adaption thing, depending on were you live on earth (ie distance to the equator, humidity, that stuff), you kind of have a "ideal room temperatur".
Deviation from it messes with your body. Maybe a blood-flow decrease, from body core to periferi in case of cold, and reversed in case of excess heat.
I don't know, I'm not a biologist, just a failed historian :P

Just a Mort wrote:

...

Also my BF is a bad influence. He just wants to lie around in bed and refuse to budge..

Daw...

Nothing better then lounging in bed, nuzzling your favorite furry companion ^^

lisamarlene wrote:

Woohoo! Just got a text from my sister, Mom's surgery "went great! They got it all and they didn't have to go into her forehead. We'll be heading home soon! :) "

They were originally thinking they might have to do up to three surgeries to get it all.

Glad to hear that things went so well LM!

*Hugs to both you and your mum*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

That's great news, Lisa.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

They're leaving me all by myself tomorrow, all day.

Probably shouldn't throw a party in the job trailer...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

Woohoo! Just got a text from my sister, Mom's surgery "went great! They got it all and they didn't have to go into her forehead. We'll be heading home soon! :) "

They were originally thinking they might have to do up to three surgeries to get it all.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO


Just a Mort wrote:

Cold drains my energy... And I get bus sick on bus when trying to post on phone, so I prefer to snooze it off.

Also my BF is a bad influence. He just wants to lie around in bed and refuse to budge..

Great to hear on your mom, LM!

Did Hi say anything about me?

Cold adds energy to my reserves, heat drains it.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:

Cold drains my energy... And I get bus sick on bus when trying to post on phone, so I prefer to snooze it off.

Also my BF is a bad influence. He just wants to lie around in bed and refuse to budge..

Great to hear on your mom, LM!

Did Hi say anything about me?

Trying to extract information from Hi is even more difficult than taking candy from a toddler. Our *entire* description of Singapore was pretty much, "Yeah, I went on a 10 km hike on my very first day in really crappy shoes, and I was on pain meds because of my back so by the time I actually felt that something was wrong with my feet the blisters had (...excessive graphic details obscured for the weak of stomach...), so that kind impacted the Singapore part of the trip..."

No pictures, no graphic descriptions (other than the blisters), no long tales.

We're hoping to get him drunker this week so he talks more. :-P

But if it makes you feel any better, he was in Japan for what? 7 weeks? And our ENTIRE description of Japan from him was a SINGLE place that apparently had eggs that were cooked in the hot springs.

The eggs? We got 10-15 minutes about how good the eggs were! :-P


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I thrive on sunlight, doesn't matter if it's hot or cold as long as it's sunny outside.


NobodysHome wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:

Cold drains my energy... And I get bus sick on bus when trying to post on phone, so I prefer to snooze it off.

Also my BF is a bad influence. He just wants to lie around in bed and refuse to budge..

Great to hear on your mom, LM!

Did Hi say anything about me?

Trying to extract information from Hi is even more difficult than taking candy from a toddler. Our *entire* description of Singapore was pretty much, "Yeah, I went on a 10 km hike on my very first day in really crappy shoes, and I was on pain meds because of my back so by the time I actually felt that something was wrong with my feet the blisters had (...excessive graphic details obscured for the weak of stomach...), so that kind impacted the Singapore part of the trip..."

No pictures, no graphic descriptions (other than the blisters), no long tales.

We're hoping to get him drunker this week so he talks more. :-P

But if it makes you feel any better, he was in Japan for what? 7 weeks? And our ENTIRE description of Japan from him was a SINGLE place that apparently had eggs that were cooked in the hot springs.

The eggs? We got 10-15 minutes about how good the eggs were! :-P

he didnt describe mort or anything?


3 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

Woohoo! Just got a text from my sister, Mom's surgery "went great! They got it all and they didn't have to go into her forehead. We'll be heading home soon! :) "

They were originally thinking they might have to do up to three surgeries to get it all.

I am glad that your Mom is doing well. My Mom is also glad that your Mom is doing well.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Captain Yesterday's work terminology of the day, so you know I'm not making it up.

Two Inch Lifts.

No, it's not shoes, it's just putting down two inches of gravel and compacting it.

Then repeat it until you have 12 inches (of compacted gravel).

Apparently I'm really good at it.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:

Cold drains my energy... And I get bus sick on bus when trying to post on phone, so I prefer to snooze it off.

Also my BF is a bad influence. He just wants to lie around in bed and refuse to budge..

Great to hear on your mom, LM!

Did Hi say anything about me?

Trying to extract information from Hi is even more difficult than taking candy from a toddler. Our *entire* description of Singapore was pretty much, "Yeah, I went on a 10 km hike on my very first day in really crappy shoes, and I was on pain meds because of my back so by the time I actually felt that something was wrong with my feet the blisters had (...excessive graphic details obscured for the weak of stomach...), so that kind impacted the Singapore part of the trip..."

No pictures, no graphic descriptions (other than the blisters), no long tales.

We're hoping to get him drunker this week so he talks more. :-P

But if it makes you feel any better, he was in Japan for what? 7 weeks? And our ENTIRE description of Japan from him was a SINGLE place that apparently had eggs that were cooked in the hot springs.

The eggs? We got 10-15 minutes about how good the eggs were! :-P

he didnt describe mort or anything?

I said, "So, from the fact that you're not talking about Mort at all I assume you two didn't get along all that well?"

"No, we got along just fine."

And yep. He just stopped talking. Then started talking about the d**ned eggs.

Hi can be... difficult.

Don't worry... we'll get more dirt... eventually.

Saturday is ribs.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Just wrote down some prototype code for a falling blocks-style game I had an idea for. It's like Tetris, but different.


OK. We have just encountered massive AP stupidity, and we need to know how other GMs manage it:

If you look at RAW, even a large metropolis won't have magic items useful to the party once they hit level 9 or so: The maximum base value for a major metropolis is 16,000 gold pieces, and you're sure as heck not going to roll PC-specific gear using the random tables, so that +1 Holy sword you wanted? Sorry! Not in stock!

So what do other GMs do? I mean, APs go up to 14th-16th level, giving the PCs hundreds of thousands of gold that they can't actually spend on any items worth more than 16,000 gp. And heck, in my Serpent's Skull game the *only* town near them is Eledir with a base value of 4,000 gp.

So, the PCs go to 16th level, but they're never allowed to buy anything worth over 4,000 gp? Oh, THAT'S going to go over well.

I figured I'd ask here with a "friendly" crowd first before going to the Rules forums with a big WTF?

(I never paid attention to base value when I ran, but now that Shiro's trying to write a rules-legal AP, he's asking, "WTH?!?!?")


Not enough time to type it in tonight. I'll do it tomorrow. Got the project skeleton done, though.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I'll let you know if we get that high a level.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Spend some downtime crafting the items? Other that deliberately placing items from the PCs wishlists in their path or going on quests, this is my solution.


Good night, everybody.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Didn't get much sleep today. think I'll avoid the play test forums tonight.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Hey there little guy!

I'm going to assume this in response to the picture of the cat, and not Drejk's nudity.


Well you know what they say about assumptions.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

OK. We have just encountered massive AP stupidity, and we need to know how other GMs manage it:

If you look at RAW, even a large metropolis won't have magic items useful to the party once they hit level 9 or so: The maximum base value for a major metropolis is 16,000 gold pieces, and you're sure as heck not going to roll PC-specific gear using the random tables, so that +1 Holy sword you wanted? Sorry! Not in stock!

So what do other GMs do? I mean, APs go up to 14th-16th level, giving the PCs hundreds of thousands of gold that they can't actually spend on any items worth more than 16,000 gp. And heck, in my Serpent's Skull game the *only* town near them is Eledir with a base value of 4,000 gp.

So, the PCs go to 16th level, but they're never allowed to buy anything worth over 4,000 gp? Oh, THAT'S going to go over well.

I figured I'd ask here with a "friendly" crowd first before going to the Rules forums with a big WTF?

(I never paid attention to base value when I ran, but now that Shiro's trying to write a rules-legal AP, he's asking, "WTH?!?!?")

OK, as I understand it the base value for a settlement is not the highest priced item that can be found there. It means there is a 75% chance that an item of that price or less can be found easily. Therefore, any item above the value might still be possible, but the GM would likely require some rolls to see if you can track one down. Or it could be a side quest, i.e. there is a guy in town with one, but he'll only sell it to you if you do something for him first. Also, it doesn't mean that you can't have one crafted for you. That will, of course, take time (possible months for the really expensive stuff), but it can be done.

Also, there are modifiers that can increase the base value of the settlement (on the same page you linked, just scroll down a bit). Using those, you can increase the base value by as much as 110%, which still won't get it up there super-high, but can help.

Finally, there are the "Available Magic Items" for the settlement. These are items that are available which are typically worth more than the base value. Yes, you can roll randomly to determine what is available, but doesn't seem to be required. So, you could note that there are, for instance, 3d4 major magic items available in a metropolis, and then say that anything the PCs are looking for that counts as a major magic item is one of those, and then roll randomly for any extras. (Lets say you rolled the 3d4, and got 8. The PCs have requested various items, 5 of which fall into the major item category. So those 5 are available, and you roll 3 more randomly because, hey, maybe something really cool will come up!)

I'm not sure if that works well for a published AP, but that's all I have for input.


Vidmaster7 wrote:
Well you know what they say about assumptions.

Yeah. It's when me makes an ass out of u.


gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Well you know what they say about assumptions.
Yeah. It's when me makes an ass out of u.

Psssh I don't need your help for that.


You know someone really cares about what you are saying when they take out both earbuds.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Are the sex toys alive in the Toy Story universe?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

A software engineer will use more semicolons in one day than most people will use in their entire life.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You may already own the clothes you will be buried in.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Squirrels would be terrifying if they were carnivorous pack hunters.


Tell someone you bought a used bed, and they may be disgusted. Yet they likely have no problem staying in a hotel.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

The most useless phrase in sign language is probably "Where are you?".

191,751 to 191,800 of 243,411 << first < prev | 3831 | 3832 | 3833 | 3834 | 3835 | 3836 | 3837 | 3838 | 3839 | 3840 | 3841 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.