Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

190,201 to 190,250 of 240,133 << first < prev | 3800 | 3801 | 3802 | 3803 | 3804 | 3805 | 3806 | 3807 | 3808 | 3809 | 3810 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Fully recovered from Tuesday.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Also naked from tuesday.

-Noted the cat, clinically.

*runs off giggling*

But Yay!

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
I'm always interested in curry recipes. I make a red curry myself and my SO makes a golden curry hers is good really sweet but she doesn't like spicy at all. My red isn't bad but I need to find a better curry paste. Which its hard to find anything with some heat behind it.
I go for no heat. I'm an oddball Asian who can't take spice.
lies and heresy!

But I really can't take spice...the green curry at Thai Express is too spicy for me!


8 people marked this as a favorite.

I have had few greater joys in DMing than

Spoiler:
terrifying the Rainbow with an invisible, spider climbing bloatmage Spider-Manning over the doorway after they AoE'd the crap out of the floor of the room.

The looks on their faces were wonderful.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

GETS DRESSED. *Grumble stupid page break grumble*


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Could've been worse. Could've been naked bloatmage. Enjoy that image.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:


NEVER GET YOUR WISDOM TEETH OUT OR THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE WILL CONSPIRE AGAINST YOU.

1. Is scary. Would suck if you never woke up...

2. Is wtf. I hope your mom left your step-dad, he sounds like he's got issues.

3. My sympathies. The things we do for family.

4. Yes he deserves to be murdered =)

2. She left him a year or two after that. He eventually od'd and died in his sleep.

3. I whined a lot because I was embarrassed about my puffy face, but it was a great show and we had a good time.

4. He eventually became a fairly nice guy. No longer being smoking hot probably has something to do with that. I went to his wedding when Hermione was a baby. He's a university music composition prof. and he married one of his vocalists. She's sweet and pretty and a good cook and I like her.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:
Could've been worse. Could've been naked bloatmage. Enjoy that image.

The mage could have been naked and covered with blancmange. Now *that* would be an interesting fight... every time you were in melee combat, you'd have to make a will save to avoid trying to taste the dessert...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:
Could've been worse. Could've been naked bloatmage. Enjoy that image.

No thanks. I'll pass.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:
Scintillae wrote:
Could've been worse. Could've been naked bloatmage. Enjoy that image.
The mage could have been naked and covered with blancmange. Now *that* would be an interesting fight... every time you were in melee combat, you'd have to make a will save to avoid trying to taste the dessert...

Now that is entirely gross.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It's not even an airport, just a remnant of an airstrip, without any of its old infrastructure remaining. Hmmm. I might go there in a few days and make a few photos.

I have some last year's photos from the museum itself, but I don't think I have the airstrip photos... I'd have to look through the gallery, though.

It is occasionally used for helicopters, like two years ago during pope's visit when between half and a dozen of military and police helicopters securing the event were stationed there.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Aaand... off on another trip once I finish the Serpent's Skull write-up!

Have a good weekend, all!

I'll see whether I can compile the wisdom tooth data once I get back.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sounds like someone with the money could re-develop it into an urban heliport.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Leaving for work, now. Later.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Working from home again because...well...Aiymi and I have found out that even after you chemically kill poison ivy and let the plants stay dead for over 6 months and through the snow and rains of winter and spring, the damn things can still pass their vicious, vicious oils to you and make you break out in a poison ivy rash!!! And of course I had a fire pit set up for all the wood and detritus, knowing that lighting living poison ivy on fire is a bad thing, but again having no idea that lighting dead poison ivy on fire is still a bad thing. So far it hasn't shown up in my throat/lungs. I'm really hoping it stays that way.

We're both going insane, both trying to work from home, and Zelda's sister decided it was a good time to get married, so Zelda's off in Wisconsin for the weekend. We're trying to take care of lotioning the infected patches without spreading it further than it already has. And Aiymi is taking the afternoon off to start burning all of our clothes, bedsheets, and furniture. Or wash them. One or the other, I'm not really clear on the details.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
Scintillae wrote:
Could've been worse. Could've been naked bloatmage. Enjoy that image.
The mage could have been naked and covered with blancmange. Now *that* would be an interesting fight... every time you were in melee combat, you'd have to make a will save to avoid trying to taste the dessert...
Now that is entirely gross.

Mwahahaha. I wish I could remember Nobody's famous alignment quote about being neutral-curious.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:
Could've been worse. Could've been naked bloatmage. Enjoy that image.

It's summer at the pool with my older brothers all over again!


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Well, we got to that chapter in Gatsby. Several students are upset.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
Sounds like someone with the money could re-develop it into an urban heliport.

Nearest living blocks are some 100 60 meters from its end.

The people living in those blocks complained on the mere fact there were leftover branches laying in bulk in the corner of the terrain. They would probably went batcrap insane if there were helicopters landing there regularly.

Google map

If you look to the east, on the other side of the road you can still see the remnants of the landing strip that were built over recently.

You can switch to first person view to look around at the western side of the strip.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I am not sure if the terrain belongs to the museum or the city. That could complicate any attempts to utilize it.

There are some remnants of old structures around from WWI or WWII. A few standing pillars basically, nothing more.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yeah, I see what you mean.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

During the last year festival, there was a malfunction with a line which pulled a glider behind a plane. The glider pilot thanks to his experience managed to crash safely to (I think) side of the strip - for a value of "safe" meaning dislocated shoulder and glider having damage to at least one wing that sent it to scrapping - delayed though, as it laid in a hangar waiting for law enforcement to examine it while investigating causes for the crash.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Maybe turn it into a Track and Field practice field when it isn't being used for aircraft?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
Maybe turn it into a Track and Field practice field when it isn't being used for aircraft?

Race tracks...just add more track and incorporate the existing runways and taxiways.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Where I lived, the Royal Signals HQ was over *there*

The tank training grounds were down *there*, not far from the artillery range and the huge great naval base.

The big plain where the Army went to do maneouvres was a few miles in the other direction.

No air-bases, though, so we might have been OK.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:

Working from home again because...well...Aiymi and I have found out that even after you chemically kill poison ivy and let the plants stay dead for over 6 months and through the snow and rains of winter and spring, the damn things can still pass their vicious, vicious oils to you and make you break out in a poison ivy rash!!! And of course I had a fire pit set up for all the wood and detritus, knowing that lighting living poison ivy on fire is a bad thing, but again having no idea that lighting dead poison ivy on fire is still a bad thing. So far it hasn't shown up in my throat/lungs. I'm really hoping it stays that way.

We're both going insane, both trying to work from home, and Zelda's sister decided it was a good time to get married, so Zelda's off in Wisconsin for the weekend. We're trying to take care of lotioning the infected patches without spreading it further than it already has. And Aiymi is taking the afternoon off to start burning all of our clothes, bedsheets, and furniture. Or wash them. One or the other, I'm not really clear on the details.

Huh. I did not know that. Of course I'm non-reactive to poison ivy, so there's no way I could know that. (Don't hate me! I've got enough allergies to more than make up for it! Just let me have this one :P ) Anyhow, I hope you guys feel better soon.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:

Working from home again because...well...Aiymi and I have found out that even after you chemically kill poison ivy and let the plants stay dead for over 6 months and through the snow and rains of winter and spring, the damn things can still pass their vicious, vicious oils to you and make you break out in a poison ivy rash!!! And of course I had a fire pit set up for all the wood and detritus, knowing that lighting living poison ivy on fire is a bad thing, but again having no idea that lighting dead poison ivy on fire is still a bad thing. So far it hasn't shown up in my throat/lungs. I'm really hoping it stays that way.

We're both going insane, both trying to work from home, and Zelda's sister decided it was a good time to get married, so Zelda's off in Wisconsin for the weekend. We're trying to take care of lotioning the infected patches without spreading it further than it already has. And Aiymi is taking the afternoon off to start burning all of our clothes, bedsheets, and furniture. Or wash them. One or the other, I'm not really clear on the details.

Huh. I did not know that. Of course I'm non-reactive to poison ivy, so there's no way I could know that. (Don't hate me! I've got enough allergies to more than make up for it! Just let me have this one :P ) Anyhow, I hope you guys feel better soon.

how are you non reactive to poison ivy? I thought you had a constitution score in the single digits?!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The cheapest Apple mouse available is $40, so I ordered Mrs Sunrise and I Amazon mouses, and it may be the best $14 (for both) I've spent this year. Oh, the ability to right-click on a Mac! I can finally use all those HS cardbacks I've been collecting for years! The wheel does work backward tho, so that's going to take some getting used to.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Poison ivy doesn't bother me either. I have a Con of 3, but the special trait immune to poison ivy and cholera.

Alternatively, I have a con of 18 with the handicap chronic genetic disease.

Potatoe, potahto.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

*Checks teeth*

Yup got all my wisdom-teeth, don't feel any wiser though.

When it come to learning I guess I'm some weird combination of a pattern-recognition and a "learn-through-trial-and-error" (I'm thus, pretty feed-back dependent). I'm also a great procrastinator and was a very emotional (bordering on hysterical) and petulant kid when I was younger.
Thus my great respect for parent trying to help their kid with their homework. I was a hell-raiser when it came to this, when I was young, with many a verbal altercation having its root in me, not wanting to do my homework ^^'.

Oh and while I don't really like math, I don't really hate it. I'm just not very good at it.
Now the concept of Axioms as the theoretical underpinning of sciences, that I don't really care for. Might be that they give me a distinct taste of being an attempt at a "rational Ex cathedra" statement.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Typing up the kiddos' final project guidelines for English. And sighing as I learn from the cycle.

First essay - terrible.
Second essay - frustrated with first essay, assign an outline along with the paper. Much improvement.
Third essay - did not give them an outline copy, hoping they had remembered the format that I'd talked about for a month. Backslide central.

So this one...they're getting the stupid outline again.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

And I know they wrote these last year! I've seen the sophomore assignments!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:

Typing up the kiddos' final project guidelines for English. And sighing as I learn from the cycle.

First essay - terrible.
Second essay - frustrated with first essay, assign an outline along with the paper. Much improvement.
Third essay - did not give them an outline copy, hoping they had remembered the format that I'd talked about for a month. Backslide central.

So this one...they're getting the stupid outline again.

outlines always help.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

For NH's effort for dental posterity:

I had all four (impacted) wisdom teeth removed (the same day) at age 17.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Mine were also impacted, hence their removal all at once.

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

Poison ivy doesn't bother me either. I have a Con of 3, but the special trait immune to poison ivy and cholera.

Alternatively, I have a con of 18 with the handicap chronic genetic disease.

Potatoe, potahto.

Ba-ba-ba-ba-banana


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Vanykrye wrote:

Working from home again because...well...Aiymi and I have found out that even after you chemically kill poison ivy and let the plants stay dead for over 6 months and through the snow and rains of winter and spring, the damn things can still pass their vicious, vicious oils to you and make you break out in a poison ivy rash!!! And of course I had a fire pit set up for all the wood and detritus, knowing that lighting living poison ivy on fire is a bad thing, but again having no idea that lighting dead poison ivy on fire is still a bad thing. So far it hasn't shown up in my throat/lungs. I'm really hoping it stays that way.

We're both going insane, both trying to work from home, and Zelda's sister decided it was a good time to get married, so Zelda's off in Wisconsin for the weekend. We're trying to take care of lotioning the infected patches without spreading it further than it already has. And Aiymi is taking the afternoon off to start burning all of our clothes, bedsheets, and furniture. Or wash them. One or the other, I'm not really clear on the details.

Oatmeal baths! It comes in a package of six for 7-9 bucks at target or Walmart.

Get well soon, I've had poison sumac from my neck down before, it sucked.

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I have a whole bunch of blisters on my paws from badminton yesterday. I guess playing for 2 hours straight might not be the best of ideas.

Also found out my office colleagues are trolls. Their natural form of attack is not the smash, but the drop shot.

Again.. I'm not any different. Psst, I don't know how to smash.

I'm also developing a rudimentary backpaw, where there was none before.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Curse my Adamantine Golem like soft hands!

I could swear I had skin on my ring finger this morning...

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

Curse my Adamantine Golem like soft hands!

I could swear I had skin on my ring finger this morning...

What happened to your ring finger? =(


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Rubbed the skin off the tip cutting pavers.

No big deal.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

Poison ivy doesn't bother me either. I have a Con of 3, but the special trait immune to poison ivy and cholera.

Alternatively, I have a con of 18 with the handicap chronic genetic disease.

Potatoe, potahto.

Well, that’s a great way to put it! :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
lynora wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:

Working from home again because...well...Aiymi and I have found out that even after you chemically kill poison ivy and let the plants stay dead for over 6 months and through the snow and rains of winter and spring, the damn things can still pass their vicious, vicious oils to you and make you break out in a poison ivy rash!!! And of course I had a fire pit set up for all the wood and detritus, knowing that lighting living poison ivy on fire is a bad thing, but again having no idea that lighting dead poison ivy on fire is still a bad thing. So far it hasn't shown up in my throat/lungs. I'm really hoping it stays that way.

We're both going insane, both trying to work from home, and Zelda's sister decided it was a good time to get married, so Zelda's off in Wisconsin for the weekend. We're trying to take care of lotioning the infected patches without spreading it further than it already has. And Aiymi is taking the afternoon off to start burning all of our clothes, bedsheets, and furniture. Or wash them. One or the other, I'm not really clear on the details.

Huh. I did not know that. Of course I'm non-reactive to poison ivy, so there's no way I could know that. (Don't hate me! I've got enough allergies to more than make up for it! Just let me have this one :P ) Anyhow, I hope you guys feel better soon.
how are you non reactive to poison ivy? thought you had a constitution score in the single digits?!

It’s genetic. Like not being able to taste alkaloids. And having adhd. Among other things.

And my con score is still in the single digits in spite of a modest increase due to proper dosage of thyroid medicine. My con score suuucks. :)


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

"Thank god you have Windows 7 mom, Windows 10 sucks!" - Tiny T-Rex doing the General's work for her, and crushing it for Take your child to work day.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

About to go home. Good night, everyone.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

G'night, John!


4 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
Scintillae wrote:
Could've been worse. Could've been naked bloatmage. Enjoy that image.
The mage could have been naked and covered with blancmange. Now *that* would be an interesting fight... every time you were in melee combat, you'd have to make a will save to avoid trying to taste the dessert...
Now that is entirely gross.
Mwahahaha. I wish I could remember Nobody's famous alignment quote about being neutral-curious.

It was AMORAL! I remembered!

"I'm not amoral; I'm just amoral-curious."

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

Rubbed the skin off the tip cutting pavers.

No big deal.

Ow. *offers CY some aloe vera salve*

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
"Thank god you have Windows 7 mom, Windows 10 sucks!" - Tiny T-Rex doing the General's work for her, and crushing it for Take your child to work day.

LOL what did the rest of the office say?

Actually windows 10 is fine. I hated windows 8.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:
Could've been worse. Could've been naked bloatmage. Enjoy that image.

*covers eyes with a paw and tries to hop away on 3 paws*

190,201 to 190,250 of 240,133 << first < prev | 3800 | 3801 | 3802 | 3803 | 3804 | 3805 | 3806 | 3807 | 3808 | 3809 | 3810 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.