Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

187,951 to 188,000 of 235,536 << first < prev | 3755 | 3756 | 3757 | 3758 | 3759 | 3760 | 3761 | 3762 | 3763 | 3764 | 3765 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Noisy kitty, is a entertaining Kitty ^^

Used to be an avid PvP'er and casual Raider, then I gradually turned into more of a casual Grinder/Crafter/Miner/Grief-griefer (Spanking gankers in WoW, Ransoming/Hunting Pirates in Eve; that sorta stuff :p)

I must say though that really feel I have the time + commitment + patience for MMO's these days, though I still peek in on one (I've played LOTR online, Eve, SWTOR, WOW, ESO and a smattering of other so there enough to chose from ^^') once in a while.

Must say I probably shouldn't be giving in-depth reviews of movies either, as I tend to focus on the points that bug me far, far more then the stuff that actually entertains me.
Also I suffer from sequel-itis and franchise-fatigue to easily. Seriously I can't stomach any more Marvel/DC flicks (thus have stopped watching them) and I'm already showing early signs of the same for flicking Starwars (which I wouldn't imagine possible).

You know some part of your nerd-dom have died when "Lean on Pete" is (favourably) competing with "Infinity War" for must watch premiering movies.

Edit: Apparently reviewing in the nude hasn't endeared me to my fellow movie-goers either :p.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

How to make hardcore gamer geeks cry:

** spoiler omitted **
I bet it plays Pong real good.
Sweet machine, NH. :)

LOL. Shiro helped pick all the parts (of course), then declared that one of us finally owns a machine that's more powerful than his. Guaranteeing an uber-stupid trip to Fry's by him some time in the near future because he's uber-competitive like that.

Then I installed Linux and put it on a 19" VGA monitor.

I think I could hear him crying from 30 miles away...


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I personally think the marvel movies are getting better.

I'll give DC credit, they're also getting better, for DC.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Speaking of machines, I *finally* got Impus Major using the laptop. It turns out he had 3 issues with it:
(1) He didn't think it could do dual monitors. Which is why I'm now short a DVI cable.
(2) He thought it ran too hot. MSIs run notoriously hot, and I am a ludicrous over-power-supplier because it makes machines run beautifully quiet, so I at least understand this one. (Impus Minor was running Overwatch at 1000 fps and the power supply hadn't even bothered to start its fan yet.)
(3) The mouse sensitivity is different, and he's too lazy to fix it.

Ah, well, can't fix #3.

Shadow Lodge

5 people marked this as a favorite.

I've pretty much given up on DC producing anything I'll enjoy.

I'm okay with being happily surprised by another triumph like Wonder Woman, but I won't be expecting it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:

I've pretty much given up on DC producing anything I'll enjoy.

I'm okay with being happily surprised by another triumph like Wonder Woman, but I won't be expecting it.

just wait for blue and gold.

Which will dovetail nicely into legion, I hope.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Speaking of machines, I *finally* got Impus Major using the laptop. It turns out he had 3 issues with it:

(1) He didn't think it could do dual monitors. Which is why I'm now short a DVI cable.
(2) He thought it ran too hot. MSIs run notoriously hot, and I am a ludicrous over-power-supplier because it makes machines run beautifully quiet, so I at least understand this one. (Impus Minor was running Overwatch at 1000 fps and the power supply hadn't even bothered to start its fan yet.)
(3) The mouse sensitivity is different, and he's too lazy to fix it.

Ah, well, can't fix #3.

if he plays mei or birgitte,I will forgive him his earlier transgressions re: pacific rim 2.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:

I've pretty much given up on DC producing anything I'll enjoy.

I'm okay with being happily surprised by another triumph like Wonder Woman, but I won't be expecting it.

just wait for blue and gold.

I have heard nothing of this and Google brings nothing up. Explain?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Cap'n Siskel, FaWtLy Critic wrote:

I personally think the marvel movies are getting better.

I'll give DC credit, they're also getting better, for DC.

It the old "A movie might be the finest example of the craft, in its particular genre", but you can still find it blander, slower and more pedestrian then a lesser movie in another genre.

I could never say that the last wave of superheros movies (minus the usual outliers) are worse then those that came before them. Actually its closer to the other way around, they are getter better and tighter as the formular is polished to perfection.
I just burn-out on the genre (and on the formular itself in this case) far quicker then most I guess. Its ultimately not as much a problem with the movies, as its with my enjoyment of them (and thus a matter of my "taste" not really the movies being badly made).
Mix up the sort of stories (and more importantly story genres) they tell with the Marvel/DC movies ("Logan" was close, but still shied away from completely tossing the mould/mold) and I might take a look at them again.

Or maybe I'm just an artsy ass ^^

But I'll make a movie prediction: I'll probably love "Isle of Dogs", that looks so just up my ally :P

Shadow Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Disclaimer: A lot of my DC apathy comes from the fact that I've always preferred Marvel's characters over DC's. The one exception to this is Batman, and only in his 90's TAS incarnation and the associated Batman Beyond. (Even then, Marvel had two series that had my attention at the same time to DC's one - 90's Spider-Man and X-Men with the amazing opening themes - but Batman TAS was far and above the best of the lot.)

So DC already had an uphill battle to get my attention, and I'm not going to know of and be excited about anything that focuses on their more obscure characters like I would with Marvel's. Their lackluster track record only makes that worse.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kjeldorn wrote:
But I'll make a movie prediction: I'll probably love "Isle of Dogs", that looks so just up my ally :P

Oh, yeah. We are all SO going to see that one!

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I have patience and commitment... To craft and sell stuff. Not really the kind of thing that you'd expect people would play MMORPGs for huh? But hey I like putting on a merchant hat and love being famous for selling stuff!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Having a bit of a fun problem.

Trying to price a set of earrings that disintegrate rope binding the wearer. Only work once per day.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

How to make hardcore gamer geeks cry:

** spoiler omitted **
I bet it plays Pong real good.

I know nothing. Like Jon Snow.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:

I've pretty much given up on DC producing anything I'll enjoy.

I'm okay with being happily surprised by another triumph like Wonder Woman, but I won't be expecting it.

just wait for blue and gold.
I have heard nothing of this and Google brings nothing up. Explain?

blue beetle and booster gold buddy cop movie. Booster gold/michael carter is a...creative reappropriator..from the future who travels back in time to become a super hero using future knowledge and tech. Originally he was a football player who was caught gambling on his own games. He was fired and then became a janitor at the legion headquarters and stole a flight ring so he could make his futuristic battlesuit fly.

Blue beetle/ted kord is a geekier, poorer version of batman. A fan of a previous version of himself, he was originally quite portly and renown only for being his version of justice leagues transportation via the Bug- a light attack craft. He really got in shape and learned multiple martial arts to go along with his hacking abilities. Also uses the BB gun- a hand pistol that fires a blinding flash of light equivalent to about 10k candles (i think) along with a gale wind powerful enough to stop a charging rhino.

We will not be discussing jaime at this juncture.

Together they are a pair of fast talking, luckless super hero wannabes who save the day by accident quite often. Other heroes do not take them seriously, but they have a rather deadly rogues gallery. They are best friends and team up often, but neither have super powers, although sometimes booster gold remembers something from history class that is useful in modern day.

Most famously, during the death of superman saga, booster gold threw himself into combat against Doomsday, believing he could change history by taking him out and thereby save superman. He did not do much damage against the powerhouse, but he truly did everything he could to defeat him, ending up in the hospital for a long period of time and losing his battle suit.

Blue beetle had less famous endeavors, although he lead his version of the justice league for a time. He was unfortunately and ignominously killed when other superheros would not listen to him about a vast conspiracy targeting super heroes, but he had an amazing run in that particular comic, using his abilities to their utmost, and even surprising the villain with his sheer tenacity, genius intellect, and idealism.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I generally don't allow custom item creation in my games because I am a stick in the mud and I don't know if it breaks game balance. Like that ring of continuous true strike....


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:
I have patience and commitment... To craft and sell stuff. Not really the kind of thing that you'd expect people would play MMORPGs for huh? But hey I like putting on a merchant hat and love being famous for selling stuff!

Anyone looking at me in FF would laugh.

You max out at level 70 in all classes:
Miner/Armorer 70
Weaver 67
Goldsmith/Blacksmith/Fisher 66
Leatherworker/Botanist 65
Carpenter/Alchemist 64
Paladin (the first fighting class in there) 63
Culinarian 60

So yep, for EVERY CRAFTING CLASS EXCEPT COOK, and every gathering class, I'm at a higher level than my fighting class.

Kind of shows where my priorities are...


3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

How to make hardcore gamer geeks cry:

** spoiler omitted **
I bet it plays Pong real good.

KOBOLDS!

Secondary objective!

Nobodyshome room!

Take his computer too!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kjeldorn wrote:
I must say though that really feel I have the time + commitment + patience for MMO's these days, though I still peek in on one (I've played LOTR online, Eve, SWTOR, WOW, ESO and a smattering of other so there enough to chose from ^^') once in a while.

Laurelin? Evernight? Landroval?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Cap'n Siskel, FaWtLy Critic wrote:

I personally think the marvel movies are getting better.

I'll give DC credit, they're also getting better, for DC.

From where they are, up is generally easier direction to pick...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Speaking of machines, I *finally* got Impus Major using the laptop. It turns out he had 3 issues with it:

(1) He didn't think it could do dual monitors. Which is why I'm now short a DVI cable.
(2) He thought it ran too hot. MSIs run notoriously hot, and I am a ludicrous over-power-supplier because it makes machines run beautifully quiet, so I at least understand this one. (Impus Minor was running Overwatch at 1000 fps and the power supply hadn't even bothered to start its fan yet.)

My first AMD/Radeon laptop could get its gfx or cpu up to around 90 degree... Celsius. Which was confirmed on internet as being normal for that model.

Quote:


(3) The mouse sensitivity is different, and he's too lazy to fix it.

Ah, well, can't fix #3.

That's why I bought exactly the same model of mouse as I was using earlier... Nothing fancy, just four DPI modes.

On the other hand, it's a perfect occasion to drill setting the mouse sensitivity for oneself into him.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Terrinam wrote:

Having a bit of a fun problem.

Trying to price a set of earrings that disintegrate rope binding the wearer. Only work once per day.

Pathfinder?

My first thought: I'd count that as equivalent to command-activated freedom of movement, with a 50% discount for being limited to ropes and similar bindings only...

4th spell level × 7th CL (assuming default level) × 1800 / 5.

28 × 360 = 10,080.

Half of that... 5,040. Hmmm, a bit pricey for what it does...

Maybe count it as a specialized knock instead?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Tomorrow we head off to the waterpark for a couple of days. The kidlet is really looking forward to it. So of course my husband is still sick with a terrible cough and I am having really bad pain. This is going to be awesome! </sarcasm>


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:

Tomorrow we head off to the waterpark for a couple of days. The kidlet is really looking forward to it. So of course my husband is still sick with a terrible cough and I am having really bad pain. This is going to be awesome! </sarcasm>

replaces water with bacta


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

How to make hardcore gamer geeks cry:

** spoiler omitted **
I bet it plays Pong real good.
I know nothing. Like Jon Snow.

Go on...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

That is an oddly specific alias. Also mad props for the whole dragon queen thing.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Wait, Jon Snow is a drag queen?

Oh, you said dragon queen. That's different.

Wait, Jon Snow is a dragon queen?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kjeldorn wrote:
Mix up the sort of stories (and more importantly story genres) they tell with the Marvel/DC movies ("Logan" was close, but still shied away from completely tossing the mould/mold) and I might take a look at them again.

I was about to ask what you thought of Logan. Like Mr. Holmes in 2015, it seemed a lot like someone had a story to tell and simply used a popular character to tell it. Which is jarring, but not necessarily bad.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:

Disclaimer: A lot of my DC apathy comes from the fact that I've always preferred Marvel's characters over DC's. The one exception to this is Batman, and only in his 90's TAS incarnation and the associated Batman Beyond. (Even then, Marvel had two series that had my attention at the same time to DC's one - 90's Spider-Man and X-Men with the amazing opening themes - but Batman TAS was far and above the best of the lot.)

So DC already had an uphill battle to get my attention, and I'm not going to know of and be excited about anything that focuses on their more obscure characters like I would with Marvel's. Their lackluster track record only makes that worse.

Gotta agree here, though in my case my gold standard for Batman is the Christopher Nolan trilogy.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:

Wait, Jon Snow is a drag queen?

Oh, you said dragon queen. That's different.

Wait, Jon Snow is a dragon queen?

*Pats gran on head*

Their their gran it will be OK.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Oh gran did that dude that was hiding out at that other hotel ever turn up?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Don't know. The guest never came back, so I assume he eventually found someone to check him in. I told my manager about it when she came in, and she basically said "Better them than us."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Don't know. The guest never came back, so I assume he eventually found someone to check him in. I told my manager about it when she came in, and she basically said "Better them than us."

Fair enough. Still had my curiosity up. Maybe he was kidnapped and liam neson had to go and find him so he could the guy could check him in.

Edit: I think I just spoiled the plot for taken 4 sorry.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Nah. More likely he was asleep in the laundry room.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Nah. More likely he was asleep in the laundry room.

Thats not nearly as exciting. your gonna have to work on your movie plot building skills... maybe if it had Adam Sandler in it yours could work.

punch-drunk bellboy?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

If Adam Sandler is around, I'll likely punch him.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Tequila Sunrise wrote:
Orthos wrote:

Disclaimer: A lot of my DC apathy comes from the fact that I've always preferred Marvel's characters over DC's. The one exception to this is Batman, and only in his 90's TAS incarnation and the associated Batman Beyond. (Even then, Marvel had two series that had my attention at the same time to DC's one - 90's Spider-Man and X-Men with the amazing opening themes - but Batman TAS was far and above the best of the lot.)

So DC already had an uphill battle to get my attention, and I'm not going to know of and be excited about anything that focuses on their more obscure characters like I would with Marvel's. Their lackluster track record only makes that worse.

Gotta agree here, though in my case my gold standard for Batman is the Christopher Nolan trilogy.

I used to think this as well, then I rewatched them recently, and while Batman Begins is still spectacular, the other two, not so much. Don't get me wrong, Heath Ledger as The Joker was amazing, but I could've done without the Harvey Dent BS, and the less said about the third one the better, I could probably fill up fifty posts just pointing out the plot holes I notice.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

The third one was a big disappointment for me but I loved the first 2!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Tequila Sunrise wrote:
Orthos wrote:

Disclaimer: A lot of my DC apathy comes from the fact that I've always preferred Marvel's characters over DC's. The one exception to this is Batman, and only in his 90's TAS incarnation and the associated Batman Beyond. (Even then, Marvel had two series that had my attention at the same time to DC's one - 90's Spider-Man and X-Men with the amazing opening themes - but Batman TAS was far and above the best of the lot.)

So DC already had an uphill battle to get my attention, and I'm not going to know of and be excited about anything that focuses on their more obscure characters like I would with Marvel's. Their lackluster track record only makes that worse.

Gotta agree here, though in my case my gold standard for Batman is the Christopher Nolan trilogy.
I used to think this as well, then I rewatched them recently, and while Batman Begins is still spectacular, the other two, not so much. Don't get me wrong, Heath Ledger as The Joker was amazing, but I could've done without the Harvey Dent BS, and the less said about the third one the better, I could probably fill up fifty posts just pointing out the plot holes I notice.

I've heard that, but I remain proudly oblivious.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

My favorite Batman movie was the one with Adam West.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

the one with the joker, penguin, catwoman, and riddler?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yeah.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

How retro of you.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:

I have to make my opinions known!

*noisy cat*

It's like how I tell TL about his blasphemy concerning cream cheese wanton!

Golly, you lot are weird.

Cream cheese wantons?

I say!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

♫ ♪ Do a trollop. Do, do a trollop of Daisy. ♫ ♪

(I know that's sour cream, not cream cheese, but I still thought it was funny.)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I think its dollop. a dollop of daisy. a trollop is a amorous female troll.

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.

The Chinese pronunciation is Wan ton. But English is spelt as won ton.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Apropos of nothing, but like.

Guys I just really wanted to show this to someone because this exchange is the sort of thing I live for.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:
The Chinese pronunciation is Wan ton. But English is spelt as won ton.

Wanton has its own meaning, and usage #4 makes for a veeeeery interesting meal.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

SO GOOD

187,951 to 188,000 of 235,536 << first < prev | 3755 | 3756 | 3757 | 3758 | 3759 | 3760 | 3761 | 3762 | 3763 | 3764 | 3765 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.