Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

18,501 to 18,550 of 247,086 << first < prev | 366 | 367 | 368 | 369 | 370 | 371 | 372 | 373 | 374 | 375 | 376 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Theory of the day: Potatoes turn green when not covered in dirt because they are starting to photosynthesise.

Liberty's Edge

Observation of the day: Plants are cool because they can break into soil that is difficult to break apart with your fingers. Also: concrete!

Liberty's Edge

Fourth-wall-breaking of "of the day"s: In case you can't tell, I've been digging potatoes. I'm digging them new because tonight is apparently the true Midsummer's Eve.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Gark the Goblin wrote:
Observation of the day: Plants are cool because they can break into soil that is difficult to break apart with your fingers. Also: concrete!

Plants are evil because they sit there all innocent-like. "Oh, hmm...I can't move, I'm not a threat to you, OH WAIT THERE'S A GIANT GROSS SOMETHING ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THAT LEAF YOU JUST TOUCHED!" Or green peppers..."look, I'm just a vegetable, just hanging out, but I'm HOLLOW INSIDE AND YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN FLESH EATING SCARAB BEETLES MIGHT SWARM OUT OF THOSE HOLLOW PLACES AND EAT YOU!"

...maybe that's just me, though.

Brocolli leaves are all pale, and they always have bug eaten holes in them...they're scary zombie leaves.

::shudders::

Liberty's Edge

Crimson Jester wrote:

God mode?

Pshaw, just hack the system code.

Oops no more God-mode.

Mwauhahahah <explode>

Fixed the rhyme for you.

Liberty's Edge

Aberzombie wrote:

Tried to feed the boy rice cereal tonight. Didn't work out very well. He'd mostly just dribble it right back out and make yucky faces. I think I gotsome of it down by holding the spoon in his mouth until he swallowed, but it wasn't much.

My brother suggested mixing some of the cereal with bottled breast milk and feeding that to him.

What a smart brother you have

Liberty's Edge

Jess Door wrote:
Gark the Goblin wrote:
Observation of the day: Plants are cool because they can break into soil that is difficult to break apart with your fingers. Also: concrete!

Plants are evil because they sit there all innocent-like. "Oh, hmm...I can't move, I'm not a threat to you, OH WAIT THERE'S A GIANT GROSS SOMETHING ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THAT LEAF YOU JUST TOUCHED!" Or green peppers..."look, I'm just a vegetable, just hanging out, but I'm HOLLOW INSIDE AND YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN FLESH EATING SCARAB BEETLES MIGHT SWARM OUT OF THOSE HOLLOW PLACES AND EAT YOU!"

...maybe that's just me, though.

Brocolli leaves are all pale, and they always have bug eaten holes in them...they're scary zombie leaves.

::shudders::

Greenophobe.

So I'm getting more of a "scared of hiding bugs" from you. Have you ever considered the possibility that this is fear by association? Or did scarab beetles really swarm out of that pepper and consume your mother when you were 17?

Liberty's Edge

lebreton wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:

Tried to feed the boy rice cereal tonight. Didn't work out very well. He'd mostly just dribble it right back out and make yucky faces. I think I gotsome of it down by holding the spoon in his mouth until he swallowed, but it wasn't much.

My brother suggested mixing some of the cereal with bottled breast milk and feeding that to him.

What a smart brother you have

You, on the other hand . . .

Dark Archive

Jess Door wrote:
Gark the Goblin wrote:
Observation of the day: Plants are cool because they can break into soil that is difficult to break apart with your fingers. Also: concrete!

Plants are evil because they sit there all innocent-like. "Oh, hmm...I can't move, I'm not a threat to you, OH WAIT THERE'S A GIANT GROSS SOMETHING ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THAT LEAF YOU JUST TOUCHED!" Or green peppers..."look, I'm just a vegetable, just hanging out, but I'm HOLLOW INSIDE AND YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN FLESH EATING SCARAB BEETLES MIGHT SWARM OUT OF THOSE HOLLOW PLACES AND EAT YOU!"

...maybe that's just me, though.

Brocolli leaves are all pale, and they always have bug eaten holes in them...they're scary zombie leaves.

::shudders::

Hey Jess, I don't mean to be a bother...but do you want some prozac? Don't hurt me......

Liberty's Edge

Hey, so BT!

Actual Pathfinder Society Spoiler:
When the Shadow Lodge comes out next year, will you join it in favour of the others?

Liberty's Edge

Anyway, Jess, I do agree with you on one thing (I'm sure). I hate when you touch a potato and it's the seed potato and it's all juicy, dry, wrinkled, and/or full of insects.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Green Man wrote:

Greenophobe.

So I'm getting more of a "scared of hiding bugs" from you. Have you ever considered the possibility that this is fear by association? Or did scarab beetles really swarm out of that pepper and consume your mother when you were 17?

I'm pretty sure it's actually fear of hiding bugs.

and the swarming scarabs never happened. But green peppers are all hollow and stuff...so it could.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Gark the Goblin wrote:
Anyway, Jess, I do agree with you on one thing (I'm sure). I hate when you touch a potato and it's the seed potato and it's all juicy, dry, wrinkled, and/or full of insects.

Ick.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Aberzombie wrote:

Tried to feed the boy rice cereal tonight. Didn't work out very well. He'd mostly just dribble it right back out and make yucky faces. I think I gotsome of it down by holding the spoon in his mouth until he swallowed, but it wasn't much.

My brother suggested mixing some of the cereal with bottled breast milk and feeding that to him.

A good plan, and don't expect him to eat much at first.


Gark the Goblin wrote:
Question of the day: What is the evolutionary purpose of the potato's regenerative ability (from the tubers)?

Reproductive fitness.

Depending upon the particular environment the potato finds itself in this can be a positive or a negative.

The Exchange

Justin Franklin wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:

Tried to feed the boy rice cereal tonight. Didn't work out very well. He'd mostly just dribble it right back out and make yucky faces. I think I gotsome of it down by holding the spoon in his mouth until he swallowed, but it wasn't much.

My brother suggested mixing some of the cereal with bottled breast milk and feeding that to him.

A good plan, and don't expect him to eat much at first.

That boy needs some red meat. Steak!


I have a feeling something has gone wrong today.

I mean, in a world changing in a bad way kind of way.


Wolfthulhu wrote:
That boy needs some red meat. Steak!

In today's world, steak is corn, aka. carbs.

The Exchange

Tensor wrote:
Wolfthulhu wrote:
That boy needs some red meat. Steak!

In today's world, steak is corn, aka. carbs.

You live in a messed up world.

Liberty's Edge Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Jess Door wrote:
Gark the Goblin wrote:
Observation of the day: Plants are cool because they can break into soil that is difficult to break apart with your fingers. Also: concrete!

Plants are evil because they sit there all innocent-like. "Oh, hmm...I can't move, I'm not a threat to you, OH WAIT THERE'S A GIANT GROSS SOMETHING ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THAT LEAF YOU JUST TOUCHED!" Or green peppers..."look, I'm just a vegetable, just hanging out, but I'm HOLLOW INSIDE AND YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN FLESH EATING SCARAB BEETLES MIGHT SWARM OUT OF THOSE HOLLOW PLACES AND EAT YOU!"

...maybe that's just me, though.

Brocolli leaves are all pale, and they always have bug eaten holes in them...they're scary zombie leaves.

::shudders::

Did someone say swarm??

Liberty's Edge

Wolfthulhu wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:

Tried to feed the boy rice cereal tonight. Didn't work out very well. He'd mostly just dribble it right back out and make yucky faces. I think I gotsome of it down by holding the spoon in his mouth until he swallowed, but it wasn't much.

My brother suggested mixing some of the cereal with bottled breast milk and feeding that to him.

A good plan, and don't expect him to eat much at first.
That boy needs some red meat. Steak!

Yes put in a blender then feed him


Gark the Goblin wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Kruelaid wrote:
I'm warning you. DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK CJ! Nor should anyone else for that matter.
OK, I did not
Me neither!

Whew. Good thing. Ruined my supper yesterday.

Cute how you switched the url so people wouldn't haplessly click on it.

The Exchange

Kruelaid wrote:
Gark the Goblin wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Kruelaid wrote:
I'm warning you. DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK CJ! Nor should anyone else for that matter.
OK, I did not
Me neither!

Whew. Good thing. Ruined my supper yesterday.

Cute how you switched the url so people wouldn't haplessly click on it.

Your welcome.

The Exchange

Tensor wrote:


I have a feeling something has gone wrong today.

I mean, in a world changing in a bad way kind of way.

One of us, One of us.

Welcome Tensor!!!

Liberty's Edge

Tensor wrote:
Gark the Goblin wrote:
Question of the day: What is the evolutionary purpose of the potato's regenerative ability (from the tubers)?

Reproductive fitness.

Depending upon the particular environment the potato finds itself in this can be a positive or a negative.

Ding-ding-ding! However, how often is it that potatoes are broken up and scattered? Mostly, it's done by burrowing mammals, which aren't very likely to not eat them (well, I suppose there could be large mammals that dug them out of the earth, but even that scatters them only a little). So the trait that makes them so easy to grow in gardens and fields might be useful rarely in a state of nature.


Wolfthulhu wrote:
Justin Franklin wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:

Tried to feed the boy rice cereal tonight. Didn't work out very well. He'd mostly just dribble it right back out and make yucky faces. I think I gotsome of it down by holding the spoon in his mouth until he swallowed, but it wasn't much.

My brother suggested mixing some of the cereal with bottled breast milk and feeding that to him.

A good plan, and don't expect him to eat much at first.
That boy needs some red meat. Steak!

+1!

Liberty's Edge

Wolfthulhu wrote:
Tensor wrote:
Wolfthulhu wrote:
That boy needs some red meat. Steak!

In today's world, steak is corn, aka. carbs.

You live in a messed up world.

You mean the world where steak is not fatty?


Crimson Jester wrote:
Tensor wrote:


I have a feeling something has gone wrong today.

I mean, in a world changing in a bad way kind of way.

One of us, One of us.

Welcome Tensor!!!

BRAIIIIIINSSS!!!

<Attempts to gnaw on Tensor's head, bits of non-grey matter stuck between teeth.>

Liberty's Edge

TENSOR!!! *SQUEE*


Jess Door wrote:
Gark the Goblin wrote:
Observation of the day: Plants are cool because they can break into soil that is difficult to break apart with your fingers. Also: concrete!

Plants are evil because they sit there all innocent-like. "Oh, hmm...I can't move, I'm not a threat to you, OH WAIT THERE'S A GIANT GROSS SOMETHING ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THAT LEAF YOU JUST TOUCHED!" Or green peppers..."look, I'm just a vegetable, just hanging out, but I'm HOLLOW INSIDE AND YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN FLESH EATING SCARAB BEETLES MIGHT SWARM OUT OF THOSE HOLLOW PLACES AND EAT YOU!"

...maybe that's just me, though.

Brocolli leaves are all pale, and they always have bug eaten holes in them...they're scary zombie leaves.

::shudders::

Why do you like hurting me? Does it make you feel more alive? Is it because you know I'll always accept you no matter what you say? Is it because you know for sure when you say these things to me that you have been heard, fully and truly? Is it because you think, if you hurt me bad enough, I'll fulfill your self-prophecy of desertion? Are you trying to prove something to yourself, to me, or to the universe?

Pretty maudlin, ey?


Studpuffin wrote:
TENSOR!!! *SQUEE*

Tensor's becoming like the prophet of Doom and junk.

Liberty's Edge

Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Pretty maudlin, ey?

You're pretty and in modelin'?


Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Studpuffin wrote:
TENSOR!!! *SQUEE*
Tensor's becoming like the prophet of Doom and junk.

There is no Tensor but Tensor, and I am Tensor's Prophet.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Studpuffin wrote:
TENSOR!!! *SQUEE*
Tensor's becoming like the prophet of Doom and junk.

Like, totally.


Callous Jack wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Studpuffin wrote:
TENSOR!!! *SQUEE*
Tensor's becoming like the prophet of Doom and junk.
Like, totally.

You guys are, like, speaking my language and some junk.


Was AZ wandering the KY byways?


I HAVE STICKS THROUGH MY HEAD! wrote:
Callous Jack wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Studpuffin wrote:
TENSOR!!! *SQUEE*
Tensor's becoming like the prophet of Doom and junk.
Like, totally.
You guys are, like, speaking my language and some junk.

Yeah, I'm, like, totally hip with that and all, dude.


Treppa wrote:
Was AZ wandering the KY byways?

[zombie]PEOPLE KEEP PUTTING THOSE UP. THANKFULLY, NO ONE EVER LISTENS.[/zombie]

BRAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Liberty's Edge

Heathansson wrote:
Emperor7 wrote:
Heathansson wrote:

I cleaned up my post a little; stuff like that just steams me.

No sweat. You might pick up that I'm a little steamed by it. Just a little.

End all, we can only control how it affects us, not if. *sigh*

Hence, my FB post about not being able to slap the stupid out of people.

I think I'd be out to actively promote bad blood/introducing a schism betwixt "them" and "us" given this description. I don't know how you deal or cope with situations, but I kinda have a mean streak along with a definite lack of need of anybody, good or bad, one way or another, and so I don't sit for too much bullcrap without telling people "if the world was neck deep in pee, I wouldn't let you up in my tree."

You can pick your friends, you can't pick your kin, but you can sure as hell pick your ass up and get out of their jacked up scene. They sound like nothing but a pain in the ass anyway. Would your wife be all that melancholy if she never had that much to do with them ever again? That's the only thing I'd be worried about, but hopefully she'd come around to seeing reason(?)
There's just certain people best kept at arm's length.

Heathy's most recent post (not counting aliases). One month ago?

Liberty's Edge

His earliest post.


Arr hyu talkings mih?

Liberty's Edge

Puddle wrote:
Arr hyu talkings mih?

No, no!

But he has been on only five years now.


150 posts over night ? O.O

*goes back to read*


Mairkurion {tm} wrote:

Do we tolerate underage drinking in this thread?

(I mean, other than girls aged 17-20)

Gark is 15 ? :-P

Liberty's Edge

aeglos wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:

Do we tolerate underage drinking in this thread?

(I mean, other than girls aged 17-20)
Gark is 15 ? :-P

F+*!ing anti-Americans . . .

Liberty's Edge

Good morning!

Liberty's Edge

I'm still on the computer because I am

Just.

That.

Awesome.

Liberty's Edge

Aeglos is not talking while he reads, so I am alone.


Gark the Goblin wrote:
Aeglos is not talking while he reads, so I am alone.

done reading

hi Gark


today I start my other group into Serpent Skull

18,501 to 18,550 of 247,086 << first < prev | 366 | 367 | 368 | 369 | 370 | 371 | 372 | 373 | 374 | 375 | 376 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.