Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

185,251 to 185,300 of 236,849 << first < prev | 3701 | 3702 | 3703 | 3704 | 3705 | 3706 | 3707 | 3708 | 3709 | 3710 | 3711 | next > last >>

3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Yeah, my 50-year-old eyes are NOT liking the new font at all.

really?

Because my young, taut 39 year old eyes are okay with it.

flexes eyes at Nobodyswife, lisamarlene


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I was only flexing my eyes, not my muscles, which would cause me to hulk out of my clothes!


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Want a fun game to play with your brain?

1. Go to the Google Images search page and type a two word search phrase, first word "kawaii", second word some random and evil creature, like "dementor" or "gollum"

2. Repeat until you develop a facial tick.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Because my young, taut 39 year old eyes are okay with it.

My even younger 36 year old eyes are NOT okay with it. Not at all. Not even remotely.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

Complaining about changes to Paizo is like complaining about changes to That Thing Freehold Hates.

No, that other thing Freehold hates.
No, not that one, the OTHER one.
Facebook.
Designers change things.
Everyone hates it and complains.
Nothing happens.
It's like waiting for Godot.

i died laughing, then came back to life due to the truthiness of this statement.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Yup, lower back-hip area is a lot more painful today then it was yesterday, which I expected.


Tacticslion wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Because my young, taut 39 year old eyes are okay with it.
My even younger 36 year old eyes are NOT okay with it. Not at all. Not even remotely.

well naturally. Your eyes are too young.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

Want a fun game to play with your brain?

1. Go to the Google Images search page and type a two word search phrase, first word "kawaii", second word some random and evil creature, like "dementor" or "gollum"

2. Repeat until you develop a facial tick.

Oh! Fun! Let's see...

"kawaii tarrasque"

...

*twitch*


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:

Freehold,

Thankyou for your hard work in unleashing THE BEAST FROM THE EAST upon us, even if all that means in practice is that there's around four picoscints of snow and it's quite cold. (Cold? In February? In Northern England? Well I never!)

HEMA's cancelled tonight, though. Bah.

great.

Now I want super deformed scints that I can call picoscints.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

Want a fun game to play with your brain?

1. Go to the Google Images search page and type a two word search phrase, first word "kawaii", second word some random and evil creature, like "dementor" or "gollum"

2. Repeat until you develop a facial tick.

I followed your instructions starting with your examples. Hah! This challenge was going to be easy! There are tons of horrible things, and it's not bad at all!

I followed it up with "Tomatoa" (from Moana) but had to correct Google, as it kept assuming (and insisting) that I was stupid and couldn't spell (which, okay, fair), and so kept giving me "kawaii tomato" instead. Well, okay, that threw me off my game, a bit, and it suddenly became harder to think of evil things, but I made it, alright.

I then went with something more "out-there" and looked up "kawaii joker."

Nope, I'm done.

Well played, lisamarlene. Well. Played.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Yup, lower back-hip area is a lot more painful today then it was yesterday, which I expected.

sounds like you are getting old...

flexes young, taut eyes


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Of course the dogs don't care.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:
*Lies flat after her catnip trip*

what happened to lawful kitty? Has she become.....

.....
....
...
..
.

CHAOTIC?!?


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Yup, lower back-hip area is a lot more painful today then it was yesterday, which I expected.

sounds like you are getting old...

flexes young, taut eyes

No, sounds like I grabbed my son and threw myself on the ice to keep him from sliding down ice into a sharp log.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Sissyl wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

Want a fun game to play with your brain?

1. Go to the Google Images search page and type a two word search phrase, first word "kawaii", second word some random and evil creature, like "dementor" or "gollum"

2. Repeat until you develop a facial tick.

Oh! Fun! Let's see...

"kawaii tarrasque"

...

*twitch*

The thing that really gets me about that is not the maid with the tail (which is... uh... okay, it's a "cute" girl with a tail, I guess), but the DAGGUM BLUSHING BEHOLDER WITH TRADITIONAL UMBRELLA. Just... Wat.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

Want a fun game to play with your brain?

1. Go to the Google Images search page and type a two word search phrase, first word "kawaii", second word some random and evil creature, like "dementor" or "gollum"

2. Repeat until you develop a facial tick.

I followed your instructions starting with your examples. Hah! This challenge was going to be easy! There are tons of horrible things, and it's not bad at all!

I followed it up with "Tomatoa" (from Moana) but had to correct Google, as it kept assuming (and insisting) that I was stupid and couldn't spell (which, okay, fair), and so kept giving me "kawaii tomato" instead. Well, okay, that threw me off my game, a bit, and it suddenly became harder to think of evil things, but I made it, alright.

I then went with something more "out-there" and looked up "kawaii joker."

Nope, I'm done.

Well played, lisamarlene. Well. Played.

i go to conventions regularly and have enjoyed all manner of nendoroid (i still want a mei one for my desk and one for walking around with). This simply does not phase me.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

>>>LINK<<<<

please be correct so I don't have to look at this screen more


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:

>>>LINK<<<<

please be correct so I don't have to look at this screen more

SO CUUUUUUUUUTE!


Freehold DM wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

Want a fun game to play with your brain?

1. Go to the Google Images search page and type a two word search phrase, first word "kawaii", second word some random and evil creature, like "dementor" or "gollum"

2. Repeat until you develop a facial tick.

I followed your instructions starting with your examples. Hah! This challenge was going to be easy! There are tons of horrible things, and it's not bad at all!

I followed it up with "Tomatoa" (from Moana) but had to correct Google, as it kept assuming (and insisting) that I was stupid and couldn't spell (which, okay, fair), and so kept giving me "kawaii tomato" instead. Well, okay, that threw me off my game, a bit, and it suddenly became harder to think of evil things, but I made it, alright.

I then went with something more "out-there" and looked up "kawaii joker."

Nope, I'm done.

Well played, lisamarlene. Well. Played.

i go to conventions regularly and have enjoyed all manner of nendoroid (i still want a mei one for my desk and one for walking around with). This simply does not phase me.

I don't know what 'nendroid' is. Glad you think it's cute, though.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Yup, lower back-hip area is a lot more painful today then it was yesterday, which I expected.

sounds like you are getting old...

flexes young, taut eyes

No, sounds like I grabbed my son and threw myself on the ice to keep him from sliding down ice into a sharp log.

for some reason, I thought your son was older? Am I getting you confused with nobodyshome there?

No matter. I will have words with the patch of ice in question. We cannot have such incidents.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Tiny T-Rex turns 7 in July, Crookshanks will be 14 in April.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
This simply does not phase faze me.

Fify. Because phase is used sometimes in math.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Since my workday started at 5 AM today, that makes 10 AM ... Lunchtime. :)


3 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Tiny T-Rex turns 7 in July, Crookshanks will be 14 in April.

oh wow! Okay. That makes sense now.

Sounds like he triggered the trap and you exchanged positions with him.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

Want a fun game to play with your brain?

1. Go to the Google Images search page and type a two word search phrase, first word "kawaii", second word some random and evil creature, like "dementor" or "gollum"

2. Repeat until you develop a facial tick.

I followed your instructions starting with your examples. Hah! This challenge was going to be easy! There are tons of horrible things, and it's not bad at all!

I followed it up with "Tomatoa" (from Moana) but had to correct Google, as it kept assuming (and insisting) that I was stupid and couldn't spell (which, okay, fair), and so kept giving me "kawaii tomato" instead. Well, okay, that threw me off my game, a bit, and it suddenly became harder to think of evil things, but I made it, alright.

I then went with something more "out-there" and looked up "kawaii joker."

Nope, I'm done.

Well played, lisamarlene. Well. Played.

i go to conventions regularly and have enjoyed all manner of nendoroid (i still want a mei one for my desk and one for walking around with). This simply does not phase me.
I don't know what 'nendroid' is. Glad you think it's cute, though.

SO CUUUUUUUUTE

The Exchange

4 people marked this as a favorite.

I could look at "Kawaii tarrasque" and "Kawaii joker" without any twitches. The "kawaii tomato" just made me go Squee!

And that "Kawaii beholder" is so cute!

I'm surprised that...well you're not much older then I am, TL. For some reason I always thought you were...older. Might be because of wife and kids.

The Exchange

6 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Yup, lower back-hip area is a lot more painful today then it was yesterday, which I expected.

sounds like you are getting old...

flexes young, taut eyes

No, sounds like I grabbed my son and threw myself on the ice to keep him from sliding down ice into a sharp log.

Great reflex save!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

"Kawaii hodag" was disappointing.
No one went to the trouble of making an adorable, squashy, big-eyes, miyazaki'd version of my hometown cryptid.
Now I am sad.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

(Technically home *county*, not home town, but close enough to claim it as mine when I live two thousand miles away.)

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Listening to the five worst tabletop players video now...yeah I do have a puppet master streak in me.

I'll go listen to five worst GMs later. Or maybe the RPG social contract.


Man it is striking how much more pleasant the older version of the site was - is - compared to the new one. I still have tabs open from "preupgrade" and the colors and sizing was just... nice.

Anyway, later, all.


Wait. Why did the forums just get... squished...?


Wait. Wait. Now it's not.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggh. Byefornow


Wait, there's a beautiful blue sidebar along my "Posts" page - I am loath to reload, lest it vanish, once again.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yeah.

Not a fan of the smaller text or this forum being missing from the menu page.

Otherwise whatever, it's essentially the same.

/Late to the party

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I know I am talking to myself, as I am watching the RPG social contract.

This is d@mn strange. It says that the GM's job is an entertainer, first and foremost. Does that mean he should just let the players do whatever?

*eyebrow twitches*

To be honest, I'm not a very philosophical kind of cat really.

I would learn the rules, happily.

I would spend whatever time necessary to study the AP.

Scheduling isn't a problem.

I hate being moderator. It's the social thing and I don't do social stuff. If I have to do it, I will yell at people and smack them with rolled newspapers until they behave.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Font is a little small. This is going to take a bit to get used to.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
This simply does not phase faze me.
Fify. Because phase is used sometimes in math.

oh no, its okay. To me faze is not a word, just mispelled nonsense.

looks it up in dictionary

It seems I am incorrect. I have been wrong this whole time! I will now only use faze, thank you!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

"Kawaii hodag" was disappointing.

No one went to the trouble of making an adorable, squashy, big-eyes, miyazaki'd version of my hometown cryptid.
Now I am sad.

now i want to send you a hodag plushie for your birthday.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I know I am talking to myself, as I am watching the RPG social contract.

This is d@mn strange. It says that the GM's job is an entertainer, first and foremost. Does that mean he should just let the players do whatever?

*eyebrow twitches*

To be honest, I'm not a very philosophical kind of cat really.

I would learn the rules, happily.

I would spend whatever time necessary to study the AP.

Scheduling isn't a problem.

I hate being moderator. It's the social thing and I don't do social stuff. If I have to do it, I will yell at people and smack them with rolled newspapers until they behave.

Now for gamemaster sins:

1)Excessive world building : - Uh what the heck is that? Do I look like I even know how to world build? I'll always tell you what you need to know, if you ask.

2) Too controlling : Guilty as charged. I'd see the window bit coming, though. The issue is that I don't want people missing out on AP backstory.

3) Critical NPCs: Eh not really. I rather the party go handle their own business.

4) Common Resurrections : Just get your bum moving to buy that raise dead. Doesn't bother me. But Pathfinder at high level death really is a slap on your wrist...

5) Knowing player limit: Still don't know where exactly it is. Probably 4?

6) Under preparing: Not going to be guilty of that. I will prepare to the best of my ability.

7) Forgetting to have fun : I don't really mind PCs murderhoboing the BBEG.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The second section:

Yeah I tend to be rather sticky on the rules. But the reasons why I am following the rules has already been stated in this thread before.

But I don't think I can finish watching this video tonight...I'm sleepy.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Just a Mort wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Yup, lower back-hip area is a lot more painful today then it was yesterday, which I expected.

sounds like you are getting old...

flexes young, taut eyes

No, sounds like I grabbed my son and threw myself on the ice to keep him from sliding down ice into a sharp log.
Great reflex save!

Improved Initiative and Lightning Reflexes are essential feats for parenting on the tundra.

Plus Self Sufficient.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Another website annoyance, I can't tell what are links.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I'm off to work to get the stop motion animation green screen and play doh the kids decided they needed for their action figures.

I'm so proud!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
This simply does not phase faze me.
Fify. Because phase is used sometimes in math.

oh no, its okay. To me faze is not a word, just mispelled nonsense.

looks it up in dictionary

It seems I am incorrect. I have been wrong this whole time! I will now only use faze, thank you!

You're welcome.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Good night, Mort.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Just bought and downloaded Dead Suns #4. I'll begin reading it between my security patrols.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Some robocaller just tried to pull another IRS scam on me. I'd like to reach through the phone and punch these idiots for thinking that I'm that stupid.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

So, I've been trying to shorten Crimson Throne to get it to a point we'll actually be able to finish running the Rainbow through before summer. So, I read through the entirety of History of Ashes to find the important information to get to the party, and...

Spoiler:
"He invites the PCs into his home to speak to them personally—what he has to reveal to them is detailed at the start of the next adventure, “Skeletons of Scarwall.”

....seriously?!


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm going to ask for an adamantine replacement spine. Herniated discs that are acting up make Vany a little more surly than usual.

185,251 to 185,300 of 236,849 << first < prev | 3701 | 3702 | 3703 | 3704 | 3705 | 3706 | 3707 | 3708 | 3709 | 3710 | 3711 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.