Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

184,951 to 185,000 of 236,515 << first < prev | 3695 | 3696 | 3697 | 3698 | 3699 | 3700 | 3701 | 3702 | 3703 | 3704 | 3705 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:
Oh, and you forgot the "I'm going to take all these items from the loot list "for the good of the party" before we sell... what? My share of gold is only half what I expected? Who will chip in for this other expensive magic item I want to buy "for the good of the party"?" and then sulking for the next hour when no one wanted to.

Sorry, but Shiro's whole, "Oh, sure, I'll give you some gold! Here's this fantastic letter of credit for 5,000 gold pieces I have!" was hilarious. (For context, WW had to play a noble, and has been running around trying to use his family's credit to buy things and I've been adamantly refusing. So Shiro's goblin has been very carefully purchasing all those letters of credit just to mess with WW's PC.)

WW pouted for over an hour on that one.

But yeah, the "I grab a bunch of loot! Now where's my gold!" was annoying.

The real problem at this point is the long turns. So honestly: If I introduce a 5-minute timer, will he accept it, or will it get ugly?

EDIT: It's early in the morning! Of COURSE I'm nekkid!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

So, since I know LM's waiting to explode on this one, yesterday's session was quite good... until the final baffling, frustrating, "have you never played a roleplaying game nor studied history in your life?" hour.

  • We had enough chairs, no thanks to IKEA
  • Pre-session, I asked Whingey to stop asking me to spell things for him. He didn't ask for spelling once, nor even almost ask
  • While he played in his usual "ineffective coward" way (it is, quite literally, 10 minutes per turn of, "Is there anything that I can do without putting myself in danger of being attacked by anyone on the board?", everybody else had fun
    His play is legendarily cowardly. He's gotten other PCs killed through his cowardice (mine included). It's so bad it's another of those, "Why would my character hang out with your character when your character is so useless?" moments.
    But Lost in Space had Dr. Smith, and our game has WW
  • I got to play up my evil side. An evil wish-granter tried to send lisamarlene's fighter to Hell, but a technicality on his first attempt (in spite of it being a "wish", it was a standard action so he had to try to cast defensively and biffed his Concentration check), the fighter responded, "Would you send me to Hell? <more>", at which point the wish granter said, "Wish granted!" and tried again. Unfortunately, it wasn't his turn, so he sat there are the ready to deliver on the wish.
    So WW's PC teleported her to safety (running away is, after all, one of the things he's good at), then very clearly said, "So I turn to her and I say...". The wish granter made his Perception roll and just moseyed around the corner and touched her again. Unfortunately, she made her save.
  • It was 7:30 pm. I suggested ending the session. The players all wanted to play on
  • I ran about 10-15 minutes of them determining that their next foe was an ancient black dragon
  • Cue WW spending 45 minutes trying to decide what spells to cast once combat started. I finally ended the session because at the...
  • in recent years, there has been an increase in players who think that every plan should survive first contact with the enemy, and that if it doesn't, the DM is cheating somehow. As much as I want to be a curmudgeon and blame those damn young people for being younger than me, it was a philosophy that has always been with the game. In my experience, it got worse with white wolf's loosey goosey approach to very fatal combat and incredibly rigid magic powers, and card games where you can narrarate yourself to victory while the other player just watches (in a one on one game, mind, not sure about multiple players).


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    NobodysHome wrote:
    lisamarlene wrote:
    Oh, and you forgot the "I'm going to take all these items from the loot list "for the good of the party" before we sell... what? My share of gold is only half what I expected? Who will chip in for this other expensive magic item I want to buy "for the good of the party"?" and then sulking for the next hour when no one wanted to.

    Sorry, but Shiro's whole, "Oh, sure, I'll give you some gold! Here's this fantastic letter of credit for 5,000 gold pieces I have!" was hilarious. (For context, WW had to play a noble, and has been running around trying to use his family's credit to buy things and I've been adamantly refusing. So Shiro's goblin has been very carefully purchasing all those letters of credit just to mess with WW's PC.)

    WW pouted for over an hour on that one.

    But yeah, the "I grab a bunch of loot! Now where's my gold!" was annoying.

    The real problem at this point is the long turns. So honestly: If I introduce a 5-minute timer, will he accept it, or will it get ugly?

    EDIT: It's early in the morning! Of COURSE I'm nekkid!

    timers are more for the DM than the players, but it might be a good idea if adjucated evenly for all.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    NobodysHome wrote:
    lisamarlene wrote:
    Oh, and you forgot the "I'm going to take all these items from the loot list "for the good of the party" before we sell... what? My share of gold is only half what I expected? Who will chip in for this other expensive magic item I want to buy "for the good of the party"?" and then sulking for the next hour when no one wanted to.

    Sorry, but Shiro's whole, "Oh, sure, I'll give you some gold! Here's this fantastic letter of credit for 5,000 gold pieces I have!" was hilarious. (For context, WW had to play a noble, and has been running around trying to use his family's credit to buy things and I've been adamantly refusing. So Shiro's goblin has been very carefully purchasing all those letters of credit just to mess with WW's PC.)

    WW pouted for over an hour on that one.

    But yeah, the "I grab a bunch of loot! Now where's my gold!" was annoying.

    The real problem at this point is the long turns. So honestly: If I introduce a 5-minute timer, will he accept it, or will it get ugly?

    EDIT: It's early in the morning! Of COURSE I'm nekkid!

    I loved that. My schadenfreude was off the scale.

    The Exchange

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    lisamarlene wrote:
    I swear, I feel like after we wrap this AP, I never want to game again. He just pulls all the joy right out of it and stomps on it.

    LM, if you're finding it a chore to game, and the GM(NH) is too, it may be better to just call the whole thing off,since no one is having fun.

    NH was putting up with WW because he wanted you to have an opportunity to game, and it looks like you aren't having fun either...

    The Exchange

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    lisamarlene wrote:
    Oh, and you forgot the "I'm going to take all these items from the loot list "for the good of the party" before we sell... what? My share of gold is only half what I expected? Who will chip in for this other expensive magic item I want to buy "for the good of the party"?" and then sulking for the next hour when no one wanted to.

    We usually let anyone take whatever they want from the loot list, then sell stuff and split the proceeds. Unfortunately most gaming groups leave the healer to pay for CLW wands and Condition removal Scrolls out of their own pocket instead of having a party fund. Eh. I don't approve of that. Why can't the cleric use his funds buying nice toys?

    Though as a cleric, I don't really have to to a certain extent. There's always magic vestments and greater magic weapon.


    5 people marked this as a favorite.

    Well, I just sent WW a 10-minute timer mandate and some unsolicited advice, and BCC'ed the rest of the group.

    He's a very proud man, so I'm trying to work with him, but last night was pretty much, the, "Nope. Sorry. You just cost 5 eager players the chance to battle their very first ancient dragon. The hammer's coming down," moment.

    And if you can't take a turn in 10 minutes, you really shouldn't be at a table with other people.


    3 people marked this as a favorite.
    NobodysHome wrote:

    Well, I just sent WW a 10-minute timer mandate and some unsolicited advice, and BCC'ed the rest of the group.

    He's a very proud man, so I'm trying to work with him, but last night was pretty much, the, "Nope. Sorry. You just cost 5 eager players the chance to battle their very first ancient dragon. The hammer's coming down," moment.

    And if you can't take a turn in 10 minutes, you really shouldn't be at a table with other people.

    Oh, wow. I assumed you'd only bcc'd me.

    Thank you. It was a good email.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    It's always fun to look at government safety standards and then go around actually testing them.

    Yes, after last week I bought a decibel meter. Yes, I notified the Farmer's Market that the maximum level for prolonged exposure is 85 dB. Yes, I went by and stood among the front-row seats of this week's relatively quiet band.

    91.2 dB. On a "quiet" day.

    Yeah, kids! Enjoy the music!


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    And speaking of inappropriate things to post on FaWtL... oh wait! There really are none other than the big 3... or 4... or whatever!

    LM, there's a stainless water bottle by our sink that none of us recognize. I washed it and put it in the dishrack. If you bang on the door loudly enough today Impus Major may notice and let you in. Just brush past his clueless leopard-skin-bathrobe-and-tighty-whities-clad self and grab it. Even if I tell him about it he'll forget.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    Seven Young Fists: Bottomless Belly


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    NobodysHome wrote:

    And speaking of inappropriate things to post on FaWtL... oh wait! There really are none other than the big 3... or 4... or whatever!

    LM, there's a stainless water bottle by our sink that none of us recognize. I washed it and put it in the dishrack. If you bang on the door loudly enough today Impus Major may notice and let you in. Just brush past his clueless leopard-skin-bathrobe-and-tighty-whities-clad self and grab it. Even if I tell him about it he'll forget.

    I'll send him a tiger striped speedo for his birthday.

    Maybe a mankini, if he grows a tasteless moustache.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    We're watching my dad's beagle for three weeks so he can go to Southern California and dune buggy around with his brother and sisters.


    3 people marked this as a favorite.
    NobodysHome wrote:

    It's always fun to look at government safety standards and then go around actually testing them.

    Yes, after last week I bought a decibel meter. Yes, I notified the Farmer's Market that the maximum level for prolonged exposure is 85 dB. Yes, I went by and stood among the front-row seats of this week's relatively quiet band.

    91.2 dB. On a "quiet" day.

    Yeah, kids! Enjoy the music!

    You are officially too old. The music is too loud.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    NobodysHome wrote:

    And speaking of inappropriate things to post on FaWtL... oh wait! There really are none other than the big 3... or 4... or whatever!

    LM, there's a stainless water bottle by our sink that none of us recognize. I washed it and put it in the dishrack. If you bang on the door loudly enough today Impus Major may notice and let you in. Just brush past his clueless leopard-skin-bathrobe-and-tighty-whities-clad self and grab it. Even if I tell him about it he'll forget.

    Yup, that's Teensy Valeros's.


    5 people marked this as a favorite.
    Drejk wrote:
    Limeylongears wrote:
    Today there was all the sidesword fighting, so I did it.
    Everybody was sidesword fighting!

    They were, they were, they were. Today, too.

    I had two competitions, one in sword & dagger, which was fun, but went very poorly for me, and another in sword & rotella, where I won bronze, which I'm quite pleased about.

    There was also a class on learning how to use the targa, which was absolutely first class. All in all, very good, and I feel I've earned my curry & pint, especially as I walked there and back.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    It's difficult switching between Starfinder and Pathfinder and their ridiculously slow Halflings.

    And Pathfinder definitely needs more cigar chomping radioactive wrecking ball dwarves, just saying.

    The Exchange

    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    NH?

    Impus major is in a leopard skin bathrobe?! Did I hear that correctly?

    How could you =(

    *starts yowling*

    Mind you I'd not buy endangered animal skins. The price is Really exorbitant.


    5 people marked this as a favorite.

    Excitement at Fairyland this afternoon: a toddler wandered onto the train tracks right in front of the Jolly Trolley, some random dad got to make a heroic rescue, and two minutes later, Hermione's fifth tooth fell out.
    Then we got ice cream.

    The Exchange

    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Eh my turn as PFS GM is really pretty quick. Monster tactics said this? OK, let's dooooo et!

    Yes I know what the monster tactics effects are, because I've called in Night to playtest it out. He's my guinea pig so to speak.

    It's the AP campaign mode ones that might take longer, but AP I know the party, so before hand I have already planned out my actions so on the run itself I already have the complete list.

    The Exchange

    4 people marked this as a favorite.

    Rule no. 1 of toddlers: Never leave them unattended.

    I hate dealing with loose teeth. I used to keep telling the tooth, you wishy-washy tooth, do you want to stay there or come out?

    The Exchange

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    NobodysHome wrote:

    It's always fun to look at government safety standards and then go around actually testing them.

    Yes, after last week I bought a decibel meter. Yes, I notified the Farmer's Market that the maximum level for prolonged exposure is 85 dB. Yes, I went by and stood among the front-row seats of this week's relatively quiet band.

    91.2 dB. On a "quiet" day.

    Yeah, kids! Enjoy the music!

    Tell farmers market organizer about your research results, then if they still don't listen, report em to the local authorities.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    lisamarlene wrote:

    Excitement at Fairyland this afternoon: a toddler wandered onto the train tracks right in front of the Jolly Trolley, some random dad got to make a heroic rescue, and two minutes later, Hermione's fifth tooth fell out.

    Then we got ice cream.

    wow.

    The Exchange

    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Limey, how do they count the points? Do you wear some funky suit with electronic sensors over it and each time you get hit there's a buzz sound and they award points on that?


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Just a Mort wrote:
    Limey, how do they count the points? Do you wear some funky suit with electronic sensors over it and each time you get hit there's a buzz sound and they award points on that?

    Naw - that's just for Olympic fencing. They have three or more judges who watch what's going on as carefully as they can - most of the fencers are very sportspersonlike and honest and will cry out if they've been hit, too, or say if they think the judges have missed something, which helps - but it's all done without artificial assistance.

    The Exchange

    5 people marked this as a favorite.

    Mini rant about traditions. My mom has a thing for them. I do not(despite my lawful nature). So like before you set out to do something(like getting married), she feels that you should look at the calendar to find the right day, and the right hour etc.

    The planning of the wedding falls to the bride and the groom. Having someone put further restrictions on when you can have the wedding is frankly rather ridiculous. Planning a wedding is enough hassle without additional complications. Like the wedding has to be held on a Saturday or Sunday so more people can make it(since everyone has to work on weekdays). So that's already a lot of the year lost.

    The issue I have with traditions, is that each Feng Shui master will tell you a different story. So who the heck are YOU supposed to listen to? All of them at the same time?

    Then furthermore, all these traditions have been passed by word of mouth, so there's no written book for it. So you could have a case where you're in breach of them without even knowing it. Nor have any way to know, since Chinese traditions are very diverse. Not to mention about conflicting traditions. And of course get scolded for being disrespectful of traditions.

    The whole thing reminds me of the Aesop fable, the old farmer and his young son and the donkey. The young son was riding the donkey, the old farmer was walking to the market. People criticized the young son, "How could you let your old father walk? You're so unfilial."

    So the old farmer rode the donkey while the young son walked. People criticized the Old farmer, "How could you let your young son walk? You're heartless."

    So both the Old farmer and the young son got on the donkey. The donkey had enough of their antics and didn't care for the extra weight, bucked both of them off and went on his merry way.

    TLDR:When you try to please everyone, no one ends up happy in the end, not even yourself.

    The Exchange

    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Are you wearing armor when you fight, and how does it feel like when you get hit? Is it a dull ache or so light you might not notice it?


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    For the last seven years, ever since we first moved into our neighborhood, I have had my eye on a pretty little bungalow up the block... mostly because it had a lush front garden of xeriscaped California native plants, but also because it had a heavy carved wooden front door lacquered in red. This week the house finally went on the market and what did the realtor do? Cut back the front garden to a third of its former glory and replace the beautiful front door with ultra modern frosted glass that has no character whatsoever.

    It's similar to when Helena Bonham Carter cut off her locks into that brutal pixie cut for Fight Club. I'm out of love.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Just a Mort wrote:

    Mini rant about traditions. My mom has a thing for them. I do not(despite my lawful nature). So like before you set out to do something(like getting married), she feels that you should look at the calendar to find the right day, and the right hour etc.

    The planning of the wedding falls to the bride and the groom. Having someone put further restrictions on when you can have the wedding is frankly rather ridiculous. Planning a wedding is enough hassle without additional complications. Like the wedding has to be held on a Saturday or Sunday so more people can make it(since everyone has to work on weekdays). So that's already a lot of the year lost.

    The issue I have with traditions, is that each Feng Shui master will tell you a different story. So who the heck are YOU supposed to listen to? All of them at the same time?

    Then furthermore, all these traditions have been passed by word of mouth, so there's no written book for it. So you could have a case where you're in breach of them without even knowing it. Nor have any way to know, since Chinese traditions are very diverse. Not to mention about conflicting traditions. And of course get scolded for being disrespectful of traditions.

    The whole thing reminds me of the Aesop fable, the old farmer and his young son and the donkey. The young son was riding the donkey, the old farmer was walking to the market. People criticized the young son, "How could you let your old father walk? You're so unfilial."

    So the old farmer rode the donkey while the young son walked. People criticized the Old farmer, "How could you let your young son walk? You're heartless."

    So both the Old farmer and the young son got on the donkey. The donkey had enough of their antics and didn't care for the extra weight, bucked both of them off and went on his merry way.

    TLDR:When you try to please everyone, no one ends up happy in the end, not even yourself.

    fascinating.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    lisamarlene wrote:

    For the last seven years, ever since we first moved into our neighborhood, I have had my eye on a pretty little bungalow up the block... mostly because it had a lush front garden of xeriscaped California native plants, but also because it had a heavy carved wooden front door lacquered in red. This week the house finally went on the market and what did the realtor do? Cut back the front garden to a third of its former glory and replace the beautiful front door with ultra modern frosted glass that has no character whatsoever.

    It's similar to when Helena Bonham Carter cut off her locks into that brutal pixie cut for Fight Club. I'm out of love.

    ...but i love that movie....

    The Exchange

    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Gardens to me are a waste of time since I have neither the time nor inclination to maintain them. Besides I have brown paws, so everything I try to grow just dies =(

    I've learnt not to bother even trying.


    3 people marked this as a favorite.

    I turned a corner thistle patch into a functional garden.

    All it took was elbow grease, an axe, a shovel, dirt, and poop, lots and lots of poop.

    The Exchange

    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Actually I think the issue is we don't have enough sunlight in our high rise apartments. If it's a nutrient problem(aka poop problem), all I need to do is to bum off some of my brothers water plant fertilizer chemicals.

    And no sh*t, I'm not clearing a thistle patch, I don't want to get pricked!

    Yes, I'm a spoilt cat.


    6 people marked this as a favorite.

    So, update with as much respect for privacy as possible:

    Whingey Wizard sent me a very nice apology, admitting it was entirely his fault, and he will absolutely adhere to my rules. This is the third time he's immediately surrendered to my mandates without even trying to argue.

    There's a lot of back story that I refuse to go into, but I'm rather proud of him for really swallowing his pride and accepting my mandates.

    Yeah, in six months I'm going to have to go after him again, but he really, honestly tries, and in the last 6-12 months he's stopped getting indignant at me for pointing out when he's lapsing.

    I'm seeing a lot of progress with the man. In another 10 years we could make an honest gamer of him...

    EDIT: I'm not saying he's become a "good" gamer, or even a tolerable gamer, yet. But I say, "You need to stop doing xxx" and he stops doing xxx for a couple of months. And this is a massive improvement over how he was just a couple of years ago. So, admit someone's improving instead of throwing them under the bus for not being "there" yet...


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Just a Mort wrote:

    NH?

    Impus major is in a leopard skin bathrobe?! Did I hear that correctly?

    How could you =(

    *starts yowling*

    Mind you I'd not buy endangered animal skins. The price is Really exorbitant.

    Er, didn't I say, "leopard print bathrobe"?

    Too lazy to go back and check...

    EDIT: OK. I lied. I checked. I misspoke. It's a print, not a skin. But can you imagine wearing an animal skin bathrobe? I'm sure it'd suck!!!

    The Exchange

    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    I don't know, NH... I think your campaign will end before 10 years are up. To me he sounds like someone who keeps relapsing into bad habits. I could...give an analogy but it might make some people uncomfortable.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    NobodysHome wrote:

    So, update with as much respect for privacy as possible:

    Whingey Wizard sent me a very nice apology, admitting it was entirely his fault, and he will absolutely adhere to my rules. This is the third time he's immediately surrendered to my mandates without even trying to argue.

    There's a lot of back story that I refuse to go into, but I'm rather proud of him for really swallowing his pride and accepting my mandates.

    Yeah, in six months I'm going to have to go after him again, but he really, honestly tries, and in the last 6-12 months he's stopped getting indignant at me for pointing out when he's lapsing.

    I'm seeing a lot of progress with the man. In another 10 years we could make an honest gamer of him...

    EDIT: I'm not saying he's become a "good" gamer, or even a tolerable gamer, yet. But I say, "You need to stop doing xxx" and he stops doing xxx for a couple of months. And this is a massive improvement over how he was just a couple of years ago. So, admit someone's improving instead of throwing them under the bus for not being "there" yet...

    good to know hes improving.

    The Exchange

    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    I dunno what people do in their houses, some things can be really??

    And people can have really weird tastes. Like larks tongues.

    What, may I ask, did you do with the rest of the lark? If you threw it away, it's a criminal waste.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    NobodysHome wrote:
    Just a Mort wrote:

    NH?

    Impus major is in a leopard skin bathrobe?! Did I hear that correctly?

    How could you =(

    *starts yowling*

    Mind you I'd not buy endangered animal skins. The price is Really exorbitant.

    Er, didn't I say, "leopard print bathrobe"?

    Too lazy to go back and check...

    EDIT: OK. I lied. I checked. I misspoke. It's a print, not a skin. But can you imagine wearing an animal skin bathrobe? I'm sure it'd suck!!!

    By the time we dropped by this afternoon, he was fully clothed.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    NobodysHome wrote:

    Well, I just sent WW a 10-minute timer mandate and some unsolicited advice, and BCC'ed the rest of the group.

    He's a very proud man, so I'm trying to work with him, but last night was pretty much, the, "Nope. Sorry. You just cost 5 eager players the chance to battle their very first ancient dragon. The hammer's coming down," moment.

    And if you can't take a turn in 10 minutes, you really shouldn't be at a table with other people.

    I bought an hour glass well a 5 minute glass. (whatever you call those) I told my players to be thinking about what they were doing before their turns too and if they weren't done by the time the sand ran out they had better be ready next turn.

    The Exchange

    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    The easiest way is to pull out the hourglass and say if you're not done yet, we'll just put all of you on delay. Bad guys go first.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    Eh id rather just penalize one of them for taking to long then all of them.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Ask him how well he does with timed rounds in Scrabble, even with "open dictionary" rules. We had to stop playing.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Also, 45 minutes is a standard set-up round for him in Stratego.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    well then he misses his turn and has until it comes around again to do something. sounds like worst case he drops the group. Adapt or die!

    But really sounds like he has some anxiety issues. Maybe he should seek therapy. Could be good for him.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    baron arem heshvaun wrote:


    This is the supposedly a transcript of an actual radio conversation between a US naval ship and Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October 1995. The Radio conversation was released by the Chief of Naval Operations on Oct. 10, 1995.

    US Ship: Please divert your course 0.5 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

    CND reply: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

    US Ship: This is the Captain of a US Navy Carrier, I say again, divert your course!

    CND reply: No. We say again, you divert YOUR course!

    US Ship: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS CORAL SEA, WE ARE A LARGE WARSHIP OF THE US NAVY. DIVERT YOUR COURSE NOW!!

    CND reply: With respects, this is a lighthouse. Your call.

    I saw something similar on Youtube a few years back, it was a recorded radio conversation between a US warship (maybe a carrier, I don't remember) and a Spanish lighthouse. I'll see if I can find it and post the link.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    I like this video. The players we're dropping from our game group are a combination of the "Willfully Ignorant" and the "There, but Not there".


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    No darn it were not changing course you move your light house right now!


    3 people marked this as a favorite.

    Yeah, keep in mind, he's trying. That is not the same as succeeding. We'll see.

    I did love the horror stories Shiro and Lara Croft Guy told me about how they ran timers at Cons: The best was Shiro's. "They introduce themselves, have you all sit around a table, and say, 'Now, somewhere in the city there's a nuclear bomb, and it's set to go off in 5 hours.'"
    And he pulled a timer out of his bag, put it on the table, and set it to 5 hours.

    He said the players suddenly became very engaged...


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    gran rey de los mono wrote:
    baron arem heshvaun wrote:


    This is the supposedly a transcript of an actual radio conversation between a US naval ship and Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October 1995. The Radio conversation was released by the Chief of Naval Operations on Oct. 10, 1995.

    US Ship: Please divert your course 0.5 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

    CND reply: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

    US Ship: This is the Captain of a US Navy Carrier, I say again, divert your course!

    CND reply: No. We say again, you divert YOUR course!

    US Ship: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS CORAL SEA, WE ARE A LARGE WARSHIP OF THE US NAVY. DIVERT YOUR COURSE NOW!!

    CND reply: With respects, this is a lighthouse. Your call.

    I saw something similar on Youtube a few years back, it was a recorded radio conversation between a US warship (maybe a carrier, I don't remember) and a Spanish lighthouse. I'll see if I can find it and post the link.

    Found it.

    184,951 to 185,000 of 236,515 << first < prev | 3695 | 3696 | 3697 | 3698 | 3699 | 3700 | 3701 | 3702 | 3703 | 3704 | 3705 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.