Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

183,101 to 183,150 of 234,334 << first < prev | 3658 | 3659 | 3660 | 3661 | 3662 | 3663 | 3664 | 3665 | 3666 | 3667 | 3668 | next > last >>

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Morning, all. What did I miss?

you may or may not be Billy Dee Williams.

Does John know?

Honestly, I’m not even sure myself.

Great, now Nobody* will know of you were in my dream or not.

* I’m aware. My phone autocorrected, and I’m leaving it to see if there is anything that happens from this punportunity.

I know many things.

EDIT: Naked things.


12 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

So some things are terrifying, even as an adult.

Last night Impus Minor woke us up because there was a skunk in the back yard screaming its little brain out and spraying all over. My mind immediately jumped to "rabies". We checked on the cats and the kids, and they were all safe indoors, but there was still the inner gut-level fear of, "What if one of the kids opens the back door and the skunk gets at one of them?"

I mean, seriously. The kids are 16 and 13, and know about rabies. They are neither stupid nor suicidal. But I still had this fear-fantasy ripping through my gut that I HAD to make sure they couldn't possibly go out, so I tied shut the back door (as I used to when they were little) and bolted the front door.

Fear is a strange, irrational thing.

EDIT: After I'd sealed up the house we spotted a couple more skunks in the back, so rabies became less likely and I didn't call Animal Control, but there was some kind of psycho skunk party going on that I wanted my family to have no part in...

Well, the light of day and the 83° weather (I kid you not. It'll be a new all-time high for February 6 in Albany, even if the official site usually runs 3-5° cooler than mine because they're closer to the bay) made me realize this was more of a "Freehold Moment":

Male Skunk: Aaah! Spring is in the air! The weather is warm! The flowers are blooming! The nights are bright with the full moon! It must be... MATING SEASON!
Male Skunk: Why, hello young-and-attractive female skunk!
Female Skunk: (Checks her biological clock) It's only February, you idiot!
Freehold Male Skunk: (Waggles Eyebrows) Don't you know that February is the Month of Love?
Male Skunk: AAAaaaaaAAAH! My eyes!!!!!!! Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow!

And THAT explains why there was a crazy skunk running in circles around our back yard last night...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Get to feeling better, Lynora!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

On the continuing mail saga: Her procedures got her retrained in how to do the mail by another manager.

Because when she did the mail, she put in the wrong date and time. So instead of this morning's mail, we did this afternoon's yesterday. Then I collected it this morning and did what turned out to be tomorrow's mail this morning. Meaning no one got their mail for all of today.

This mail is sterilized dental instruments. The various kits we make up for various procedures. The students didn't take it well.

So, I conclude with this statement:

Freehold DM wrote:
that manager needs to be replaced.

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Get well soon Lynora!

Hey NH - why don't you ask Hi to get you some Santoku knives from Japan. My brother got one for my aunt and it's really good at chopping and cutting up stuff. Doesn't seem to need too much maintenance either, we wipe it then dump it on a knife block when we're done.

Terriram: And more people need to be on the job.

The Exchange

3 people marked this as a favorite.

NH - ever heard two tomcats squabbling at night? I swear the sounds... Like something was getting killed.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Yes, I've heard two toms fighting years ago. With how much I love cats, it was ... worrisome.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

They won't kill each other. They might kill your eardrums though. This sort of thing happens on national geographic all the time.

The problem is if you step in without using a water hose they'd probably claw you. And that would suck.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
lynora wrote:
Day three of the mildly annoying but oddly debilitating all the same cold. My symptoms aren't that bad. But I feel awful. I napped on the Beanbag of Lumpiness last night because I got lightheaded, and today I fell asleep on the Loveseat of Discomfort. I would have been better off on the floor. (Our living room furniture was mostly bought on sale...and the loveseat was just the cheapest thing we could find because we were tired of arguing about what sofa to get. We also have the Tiny Armchair, which I used to like, but then cats happened and now it's the Tiny Armchair of Scratchiness from all the holes they've put in the leather. *shrug* Nice furniture is for people without kids and pets. :P)

Now I want to live in your living room.

Our furniture has been so boring ever since one of the kids' diapers exploded and we were forced to dispose of the King God Chair. And the papasan just doesn't fit in a house as small as ours...
...plus you can't GM from a papasan.

Lol. Well, that’s not something I ever expected to hear. :D

It’s really just crappy ikea furniture. We also have the self disassembling coffee table, and the tinker toy cat palace. The beanbag was an unfortunate recent purchase. It cost more than the couch. :/ But we had to replace the danger chaise with something. It was the danger chaise because the seat supports fell off underneath and if you sat on it you fell right through at high risk of injury from smacking into the frame. It was part of the same set as the Couch of Doom. These were our one attempt at buying nice furniture. Never again. By the end I was literally patching that stupid couch together with paper clips and duct tape. I was waiting to see if the kid or the cats ended up with a medical emergency first. And that’s how we ended up with the loveseat of discomfort. Danger chaise hung on for a couple of years after that before it became too dangerous. :)
I’m just good at making it sound interesting by naming it all as if it were cursed items ;P


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Feel better, lynora! I feel the same way, really.

Hope you also feel better soon!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

@Lynora and Tac, hope you feel better soon!

@The Captain

Adult Netflix: I just finished watching Netflix's Godless, and was impressed. It's a well-made twist on the spaghetti western: A mining town loses nearly all of its men in a single mining disaster, what happens when all those mothers, daughters, and wives are left to tend each other? What happens when the classic heart-of-gold outlaw sharpshooter wanders into this town? What happens when the ruthless villain and his possie vows bloody revenge on said sharpshooter, and anyone who dares shelter him? It's got a lot of classic themes -- the myth of the lawless west, guns way too accurate for the time period, old native wise men, "every boy needs a pappy," etc.. But it's got great flow, the characters have history & engaging strengths and flaws, there are quite a few interesting minority characters, the soundtrack is memorable, and overall it's just very well done.

The Killing is a great modern-day detective show. It's no Bluebloods or CSI, where every murder is neatly solved within the span of one fast-paced episode. No, each murder case takes an entire season to solve -- there are only three -- and it's very much slow-paced and what I imagine is more like real detective work. The two protagonists are street kids done good, both with very human strengths and weaknesses. Be warned: the end of the first episode is wrenching.

Currently I'm watching Netflix's Altered Carbon, which I'm really enjoying. In a future where a person's mind can be stored in what amounts to a flash drive, and uploaded into any human body, one of the wealthiest elites in the universe uploads a decades-gone 'terrorist' into someone else's body. What happens when this elite offers this 'terrorist,' who hates everything the elite embodies, asks the 'terrorist' to solve his own [the elite's] murder? It’s pretty flick-y, but I like it.

On the more family-friendly end, we've spent a lot of family time watching Blue Planet II and Round Planet. The first is the 2017 sequel to the original Blue Planet, and is similarly narrated by the eminently English and hypnotizing David Attenborough. Round Planet is somewhat of a spoof on the Blue Planet documentaries, less meaty than the latter but informative nevertheless. It's narrated by a different but still very English guy, who does things like spend an entire episode waiting for a call from Dancing with the Stars and getting annoyed with everyone else who calls him. Not because they're interrupting his narration, but because he wants to get in front of a camera. My family loves it. :)

Hope you find something interesting to watch!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So, on the one hand, I understand the principle of, "Every customer is the same, no matter whether they spend $5 or $500 in your store".

But after the whole bank card fiasco of a couple of months ago, you'd think Mountain Mike's would be a bit cautious with my account, especially considering I usually tipped the drivers 15-20%. I'm a whale.

So when I ordered the half-dozen mountain pizzas for the school, the first time I hit "Submit" it said, "Invalid address". So I fixed the order and hit "Submit" again. I was worried about it, so I called Mountain Mike's to clear it up.
"Hi! The first time I send the order in it said, 'Bad Address', but then I put in the school's address. Is everything OK?"

The guy assured me that the address was correct and everything went though fine.

Except... I just got a SECOND $200+ charge on my credit card from Mountain Mike's.

So... think about this for a sec. The store had to have received two identical orders for over $200 at the same time, one with an invalid address. They delivered the one, and failed to cancel the other?

WTF, Mountain Mikes? I'm done with you!

(NobodysWife points out that they opened a new location closer to our house, and since it's franchised it's likely a different manager and staff, so we'll give them a try.)

Yeesh.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:

Lol. Well, that’s not something I ever expected to hear. :D

It’s really just crappy ikea furniture. We also have the self disassembling coffee table, and the tinker toy cat palace. The beanbag was an unfortunate recent purchase. It cost more than the couch. :/ But we had to replace the danger chaise with something. It was the danger chaise because the seat supports fell off underneath and if you sat on it you fell right through at high risk of injury from smacking into the frame. It was part of the same set as the Couch of Doom. These were our one attempt at buying nice furniture. Never again. By the end I was literally patching that stupid couch together with paper clips and duct tape. I was waiting to see if the kid or the cats ended up with a medical emergency first. And that’s how we ended up with the loveseat of discomfort. Danger chaise hung on for a couple of years after that before it became too dangerous. :)
I’m just good at making it sound interesting by naming it all as...

Oh, Shiro had horrifically uncomfortable chairs that broke if you leaned back. My papasan took more than a few people tumbling over backwards. Crappy furniture is part of the gaming mystique, and if you can extend that crappy furniture into your day-to-day life, you have Won.

NobodysWife keeps talking about buying new, NICE furniture now that the kids are grown up. For some reason I manage to keep forgetting to look into it...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tequila Sunrise wrote:
Currently I'm watching Netflix's Altered Carbon, which I'm really enjoying. In a future where a person's mind can be stored in what amounts to a flash drive, and uploaded into any human body, one of the wealthiest elites in the universe uploads a decades-gone 'terrorist' into someone else's body. What happens when this elite offers this 'terrorist,' who hates everything the elite embodies, asks the 'terrorist' to solve his own [the elite's] murder? It’s pretty flick-y, but I like it.

The first episode of Altered Carbon nearly lost us: Everyone in it was SO dislikeable, and the gratuitous nudity was... excessively gratuitous (Hi gets really uncomfortable with shows with nudity in them). But we watched Episode 2, and it was a little better, so that drew us in to Episode 3...

...and now we're up to 8 or 9 and we're utterly hooked. For reasons I cannot explain, that show really grows on you.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I love kids.

There are very few good jarred spaghetti sauces out there: Trader Joe's sells two of them (both their Three Cheese and their Bolognese are quite good), and Paul Newman's Sockarooni is a third. So since Impus Minor was going to the corner store for me, I showed him a bottle of Paul Newman salad dressing and said, "See this guy? He'll be on the spaghetti sauce jar. Get that sauce!"

So, he very dutifully bought me the sauce. AND a bottle of salad dressing. Because...?

"You showed it to me, so I thought you needed it."

*SIGH*. So much for handing him a list.

But it was very cute.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Tiny T-Rex is watching Zootopia and the fox is having a flashback to getting picked on and Tiny T-Rex exclaims "He didn't do anything wrong, they're just being giant dicks!" the General reminds him not to say that in school and Tiny T-Rex rebuts "But they are being giant dicks!"

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Actually NH, you should consider getting nice, COMFORTABLE furniture. I mean uncomfortable chairs are meh if you have to sit on them all the time. Not to mention all kinds of back problems. And I’m all about shopping lists. I need orders to function.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Bleh. I curse a lot. Probably due to anger management problems since it doesn't take much to piss me off. And use the f word a lot. I don't think I've ever gotten in trouble for it.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

My family has always been extremely strict on language. "Darn", "Gosh", and "Heck" are bad words in their house. Because they see no difference between a minced oath and the swear it is intended to replace, because they mean the same thing.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
My family has always been extremely strict on language. "Darn", "Gosh", and "Heck" are bad words in their house. Because they see no difference between a minced oath and the swear it is intended to replace, because they mean the same thing.

So it would be the same saying "gosh darn it" as "by the festering, rotting scrotum of Satan himself" to them?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:

Everyone tells me it stops itching once it gets thru the initial growth stages.

I've never been able to make it that long. I get fed up with the itching every 3 or 4 days and shave the whole thing off.

i have found that daily brushing and the right oils(jojoba and argan) rubbed into both hair and face make a HUGE difference there. If I knew this when I was younger, i mifht have had better experiences with my flattop.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm exasperated at myself due to an inability to concentrate on business at hand. I must've failed some concentration checks or sloth must have gotten better of me.

*Whips self*


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:

I'm exasperated at myself due to an inability to concentrate on business at hand. I must've failed some concentration checks or sloth must have gotten better of me.

*Whips self*

Woo hoo! Can we help?


Just a Mort wrote:

Get well soon Lynora!

Hey NH - why don't you ask Hi to get you some Santoku knives from Japan. My brother got one for my aunt and it's really good at chopping and cutting up stuff. Doesn't seem to need too much maintenance either, we wipe it then dump it on a knife block when we're done.

Terriram: And more people need to be on the job.

i would kill a man for a set of santoku knives.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Tequila Sunrise wrote:
Currently I'm watching Netflix's Altered Carbon, which I'm really enjoying. In a future where a person's mind can be stored in what amounts to a flash drive, and uploaded into any human body, one of the wealthiest elites in the universe uploads a decades-gone 'terrorist' into someone else's body. What happens when this elite offers this 'terrorist,' who hates everything the elite embodies, asks the 'terrorist' to solve his own [the elite's] murder? It’s pretty flick-y, but I like it.

The first episode of Altered Carbon nearly lost us: Everyone in it was SO dislikeable, and the gratuitous nudity was... excessively gratuitous (Hi gets really uncomfortable with shows with nudity in them). But we watched Episode 2, and it was a little better, so that drew us in to Episode 3...

...and now we're up to 8 or 9 and we're utterly hooked. For reasons I cannot explain, that show really grows on you.

nudity?

I'm there.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
My family has always been extremely strict on language. "Darn", "Gosh", and "Heck" are bad words in their house. Because they see no difference between a minced oath and the swear it is intended to replace, because they mean the same thing.

I curse rarely. But when I do, I really do.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

In part its probably because I argued with my players. There's a certain time when you realize that no matter how much effort or time you spend on an issue, there's no way that a GMs view and players view on the said issue can reconcile.

And you're getting irritated about that matter because your players are suggesting you ran the stuff wrong. So you're now sitting in a developer thread, waiting for your queue number so with luck you'll get something more solid to clear matters up. Though that isn't official.

And you're also pissed at the player on hypocrisy for wanting RAW - as he claims his imp familiar has 18 int as he says the table for familiar intelligence applies to animal familiars and his familiar should get 2 int every 2 levels added to his base familiar stats.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yeah, I was always a "careful curser", and when I started teaching I stopped entirely. Nowadays if anyone hears an obscenity from me they know something is really, really wrong.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

So some things are terrifying, even as an adult.

Last night Impus Minor woke us up because there was a skunk in the back yard screaming its little brain out and spraying all over. My mind immediately jumped to "rabies". We checked on the cats and the kids, and they were all safe indoors, but there was still the inner gut-level fear of, "What if one of the kids opens the back door and the skunk gets at one of them?"

I mean, seriously. The kids are 16 and 13, and know about rabies. They are neither stupid nor suicidal. But I still had this fear-fantasy ripping through my gut that I HAD to make sure they couldn't possibly go out, so I tied shut the back door (as I used to when they were little) and bolted the front door.

Fear is a strange, irrational thing.

EDIT: After I'd sealed up the house we spotted a couple more skunks in the back, so rabies became less likely and I didn't call Animal Control, but there was some kind of psycho skunk party going on that I wanted my family to have no part in...

Well, the light of day and the 83° weather (I kid you not. It'll be a new all-time high for February 6 in Albany, even if the official site usually runs 3-5° cooler than mine because they're closer to the bay) made me realize this was more of a "Freehold Moment":

Male Skunk: Aaah! Spring is in the air! The weather is warm! The flowers are blooming! The nights are bright with the full moon! It must be... MATING SEASON!
Male Skunk: Why, hello young-and-attractive female skunk!
Female Skunk: (Checks her biological clock) It's only February, you idiot!
Freehold Male Skunk: (Waggles Eyebrows) Don't you know that February is the Month of Love?
Male Skunk: AAAaaaaaAAAH! My eyes!!!!!!! Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow!

And THAT explains why there was a crazy skunk running in circles around our back yard last night...

As any female FAWTL will tell you, I learned 90% of what I know from pepe lepew.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:

Get well soon Lynora!

Hey NH - why don't you ask Hi to get you some Santoku knives from Japan. My brother got one for my aunt and it's really good at chopping and cutting up stuff. Doesn't seem to need too much maintenance either, we wipe it then dump it on a knife block when we're done.

Terriram: And more people need to be on the job.

i would kill a man for a set of santoku knives.

Oh, THANKS. Now I have to buy one, and then you'll have to kill me, and this is going to get all kinds of messy.

Just use the knives to de-bone my corpse, please. I'd prefer that be neat.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yes my emotional state does affect my capabilities in RL. I suspended my ROW game during exam period because I said that yes, I can find time and commitment to run even while studying. But arguing with players affects my emotional state, which affects how well I can concentrate on my studies.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

On that note, please heal, lynora. We need to make beautiful music together.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

OK. that is just pretty.

And... hmm...

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

NH - get Hi to get your Santoku knife off some old school blacksmith who does stuff in his little shop. You can even have your name engraved on it, which we did our family name on my aunts knife.

It's waaay better then those ceramic knives, you can even chop pumpkins with it!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:

Get well soon Lynora!

Hey NH - why don't you ask Hi to get you some Santoku knives from Japan. My brother got one for my aunt and it's really good at chopping and cutting up stuff. Doesn't seem to need too much maintenance either, we wipe it then dump it on a knife block when we're done.

Terriram: And more people need to be on the job.

i would kill a man for a set of santoku knives.

Oh, THANKS. Now I have to buy one, and then you'll have to kill me, and this is going to get all kinds of messy.

Just use the knives to de-bone my corpse, please. I'd prefer that be neat.

of course! Just make sure to remove all body hair beforehand, so I can enjoy NobodysHome fillets sooner rather than later!

Also, be sure to roll around in spices and herbs before my visit.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

A good knife makes your chopping and slicing a lot easier! Invest in a good knife!

And I suspect that that player just wants to twist rules to his advantage. His claims of RAW are just to get what he wants. Like he was saying he still gets his inspiration after nightmare spell stopped him from resting at night - citing "typically after he gets a restful night’s sleep."

And saying typically does not mean always. So he doesn't need a good night's sleep to get inspiration back.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I will have to inform you that the unlawful killing of a human being under the queens peace with malice aforethought is murder and will attract criminals liability.

-Lawful Kitty.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Put it this way – you quote rules wrongly, get your attack modifiers wrong, use the wrong set of stats to make your skill checks on your familiar, use actions you’re not permitted to, then say, oh sorry, I’m on phone, I’m prone to these errors. Sure you apologize about each error I catch you out on, but I still have to waste my time sorting the wheat from the chaff.

I am on forums mainly on phone too and generally very accurate in applying every single nuance of a rule. If I were to make these errors on the monsters, would YOU as a player just shrug it off? Probably not, and you’d complain to high heavens about it.

And do I give excuses like oh, I’m on phone so I do things sloppily?
To expect a GM to do something you are not DOING YOURSELF, is that FAIR to the GM in question?

Obviously if there is any grey area…for the irritation you’ve caused me, I’d just rule against you, as a GM.

I’m beginning to wonder if next time he quotes a rule wrongly on me, should I just say that monsters get a natural 20 for every rule you misquote against me?

But yeah…it’s the irritation and anger.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Terrinam wrote:
Orthos wrote:
My family has always been extremely strict on language. "Darn", "Gosh", and "Heck" are bad words in their house. Because they see no difference between a minced oath and the swear it is intended to replace, because they mean the same thing.
So it would be the same saying "gosh darn it" as "by the festering, rotting scrotum of Satan himself" to them?

It's more like they don't see a difference between "gosh darn it" and "G#~ d&*n it". Or more precisely, they see the former as "trying to hide the swearing" when it means exactly the same thing and therefore is just as bad.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Tequila Sunrise wrote:
Currently I'm watching Netflix's Altered Carbon, which I'm really enjoying. In a future where a person's mind can be stored in what amounts to a flash drive, and uploaded into any human body, one of the wealthiest elites in the universe uploads a decades-gone 'terrorist' into someone else's body. What happens when this elite offers this 'terrorist,' who hates everything the elite embodies, asks the 'terrorist' to solve his own [the elite's] murder? It’s pretty flick-y, but I like it.

The first episode of Altered Carbon nearly lost us: Everyone in it was SO dislikeable, and the gratuitous nudity was... excessively gratuitous (Hi gets really uncomfortable with shows with nudity in them). But we watched Episode 2, and it was a little better, so that drew us in to Episode 3...

...and now we're up to 8 or 9 and we're utterly hooked. For reasons I cannot explain, that show really grows on you.

nudity?

I'm there.

Yup, there is plenty of nudity for all audiences.

I think for me it's the combination of action-detective-adventure flicky-ness and the human details scattered around each episode. Like the spiritual tension between Lt Ortega and her mother over the ethics of upload-technology.

And the nudity.

The nudity does not hurt.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
My family has always been extremely strict on language. "Darn", "Gosh", and "Heck" are bad words in their house. Because they see no difference between a minced oath and the swear it is intended to replace, because they mean the same thing.

Well F%~&!!! That f&+~ing sucks that you can't f&~@ing cuss with the good f!~$ing words.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

300+ updates...dayum. I swear, if it were under 100 I'd catch up.

I still missed you guys!

Hey NH, I got trained today by people from casinos in the Bay Area. I don't know exactly where, but since Florida card game laws are based on California laws, that's where my boss pulled them in from. Made me think of you, sir.

We have a ton of New Yorkers in the casino every day. I met five that were not a*&~*#%s. Five! I think I doubled my lifetime count. Obviously made me think of my exile discussions in the past with our resident NYers.

Also, you know that scene in Anchorman, where Ron is like "I love scotch....scotch, scotch, scotch," and he has a glass in his hand and is sipping on it, not drunk, but nicely enjoying it?

Well, I love weed. Weed, weed, weed.
Takes a nice lil puff

Legit cannot wait until they get the dispensaries and med system going over here. It's been a year and a half since the amendment passed, and the best we have is head shops selling CBD joints, which at 20 bucks a pop, are f~%*ing b$*$~$!+. I mean, yeah, they help, but I know folks with fibro and migraines and other stuff that get about 15% of the relief from CBD that they do from the full plant.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Vagrant Erudite wrote:
Hey NH, I got trained today by people from casinos in the Bay Area. I don't know exactly where, but since Florida card game laws are based on California laws, that's where my boss pulled them in from. Made me think of you, sir.

I'm betting Casino San Pablo, as much of a dive as it looks!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well, my company is awesome; they run out of three casinos here and I happen to live near the s@&!tiest. My boss seems to actually be an intelligent person; the casino I work at however, is run by a half-a-tard, so...I don't think my boss went cheapo. The guy teaching us seems real sharp.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

No Pathfinder this week as the people whose house we play at are out of town. I told them to just leave the back door unlocked and we wouldn't make a mess, but they said "No." Actually, years ago, I showed up for a game and there was no-one home. I was thinking that maybe I missed a cancellation email or something when someone else pulled in. They called the host's cell phone and was told "Oh, we're two states away. I guess I forgot to tell you guys that we wouldn't be home this week. Ok, here's where the spare key is, let yourselves in and have fun, just be sure to lock up and put the spare key back when you're done."

Instead, this week we are playing Mansion of Madness.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hey that sounds fun. Like betrayal on the house on the hill. Oh those unforgettable tentacles....

Hey wait! I want to play too! WTB greater teleport to grans place and back so he can teach me how to play.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

A) We're not playing at my place.
B) I haven't played it yet, so I doubt I could teach you. (All I know is from watching a YouTube video that just showed some basics)
C) Tentacles and a kitty? I've seen enough internet to know where that's going...
D) If you could get here in the next 17 hours, I expect you would be welcome. But let me know so I can clear it with the hosts. I'm not going to show up with an unexpected guest and just assume that you would be welcome in someone else's house.

The Exchange

C) Well the scenario picked was the bbeg had a lot of tentacles he could place everywhere. But honestly the tentacles were wimps and were quickly chopped up by the players... Who then proceeded to Murderhobo the bbeg in short order.

D) I don't have greater teleport, so it'd be a dream...

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The funny one is when all the players are turned into mice, the bbeg is a cat stalking them. The mice have to find an aeroplane to fly out of the window while the bbeg cat stalks and kills them all one by one...

That's one of the harder scenarios to complete.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:
D) I don't have greater teleport, so it'd be a dream...

Just find a really fast plane.

183,101 to 183,150 of 234,334 << first < prev | 3658 | 3659 | 3660 | 3661 | 3662 | 3663 | 3664 | 3665 | 3666 | 3667 | 3668 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.