Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

181,601 to 181,650 of 238,588 << first < prev | 3628 | 3629 | 3630 | 3631 | 3632 | 3633 | 3634 | 3635 | 3636 | 3637 | 3638 | next > last >>
The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yeah orcs with their ferocity su*k. Only way of dealing with em is a color spray to their face. Not even sure if you can run since they run as fast as you do.

Oh dear. Kitty caught naked while casting colorspray.

Cleric couldn't swim to the surface? =(

*puts on some clothes*


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:

Yeah orcs with their ferocity su*k. Only way of dealing with em is a color spray to their face. Not even sure if you can run since they run as fast as you do.

Oh dear. Kitty caught naked while casting colorspray.

Cleric couldn't swim to the surface? =(

*puts on some clothes*

It was a DC 10 Swim check, he had a negative in Swim (no ranks, low STR, medium armor) so he couldn't succeed by taking 10. He had three turns to try and make it, one success would have gotten him to the surface, but rolled poorly (his best total was an 8). So, yeah, he drowndeded.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

We now have Scrooge McDuck action figures.

As well as Chip And Dale, and Baloo from Tail Spin.

Gummi Bears?

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Doh poor guy.

Alas, cleric who drownded. We hardly knew ye...

Now you know why my rangers put a rank in swim? Dying while crossing a river is so embarrassing. +4 swim mod even in armor...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:

Doh poor guy.

Alas, cleric who drownded. We hardly knew ye...

Now you know why my rangers put a rank in swim? Dying while crossing a river is so embarrassing. +4 swim mod even in armor...

I think only one of the characters has ranks in swim. They didn't know they were going on a boat last time they leveled up.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I don't care whether you know you're going on a boat when you level up. If you're a ranger you're expected to do river crossings and climb cliffs. So you'd better have skill ranks for it.

Not to mention rangers have 6 skill points per level unless you dumped int, in which, shame on you.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Clerics don't have the ranks for swim.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tassadar the Pirate wrote:
If you're a ranger you're expected to do river crossings and climb cliffs. So you'd better have skill ranks for it.

I gotta do what now?

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

True. And two skill points per level. Can't hardly help it, then. I wouldn't bother if I was a cleric, either.

Just like no one expects the room being filled with water when you're told to investigate a maze and ruining your spellbook in PFS...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Eh, I think I had a rank in Swim but drowned anyway as a party healer. Did little to help with a... Nereid I think. She drowned me with a kiss.

Baltharian always had a weak spot for fey ladies (with a Nypmh's Kiss feat and all). He got better by being reincarnated into a gnome. Well, lets say he got better for certain values of "better". Alive again. Not that prevented him from chasing skirts. Only changed the perspective when it came to skirts...

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Yeah, and it's tough to make Swim checks in combat. A primary reason my cleric bought a necklace of adaptation to cover that problem with his full plate.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I think, though, his party may be only level 4-6. So a necklace of adaptation may be out of reach.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Air crystals are a good thing to have on hand as well.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hey there TOZ! I hope that you and the Wife have a great weekend! Tell her I said "Hello!".


1 person marked this as a favorite.

They are 4th level right now. He had been preparing Water Walk, but the player couldn't come last week so he had his wife run the cleric as well as her cavalier. But he didn't give any instructions like "Prepare Water Walk just in case", and she forgot that he had been doing that. Not surprising, really. I remembered after he had already been dragged away, and when I said "Hasn't he been prepping Water Walk?" everyone else went "Oh yeah, he had been. Oops."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It's also helpful when the rest of the party isn't so scared of being dragged into the water that they run away and leave the cleric alone with 2 bad guys.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I believe the pathfinder society field guide was not one of the sources gran allowed in his game. Which is fine.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Air Bubble is another common staple for my prepared casters when near water. *waves at the dragon* We're going to enjoy it as much as possible while I work nights over it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I should clarify as Water Walk is apparently 3rd level, he was actually prepping Communal Water Walk, which is 2nd level.

And no, the Pathfinder Society Field Guide is not available. CRB, APG, UM, and UC.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Interesting. I did not know air bubble had no verbal component. But makes sense or you can't cast it underwater.

But waterwalk if you're pulled under in the first round will do nothing since you still need to succeed in the concentration check of 18 to get it out, for casting underwater.

Spellcasting Underwater: Casting spells while submerged can be difficult for those who cannot breathe underwater. A creature that cannot breathe water must make a concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) to cast a spell underwater (this is in addition to the caster level check to successfully cast a fire spell underwater). Creatures that can breathe water are unaffected and can cast spells normally. Some spells might function differently underwater, subject to GM discretion.

Funnily enough RAW you still need a concentration check to cast air bubble underwater...

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

10 min/ level does not last on a whole boat trip very well.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:
10 min/ level does not last on a whole boat trip very well.

Nope, but if you cast it when you think you might go overboard, such as on the first round of combat, it can help then.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yep. Assuming you do get such an opportunity to cast it. But again it's his wife at the helm, give her a break.

I'll also need to let someone bot my character for the last 30min of my 5e game now because they shifted venue as the game shop we were playing at closed.

Staying till the end just results in me missing the last train and having to pay a hefty taxi fare to get home =(


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I have rules for this kind of situation. If a player can't make it (or has to leave early), they can either have their character go "vacant", as I like to call it, or have someone else run it. If they are vacant, then the character cannot participate in any way. No attacking, no using items, skills, spells, etc that we all know they have, nothing. In return, they cannot be harmed. It's as though they don't exist. If you let someone else run them, then I treat them exactly as I would if the player was there. No special treatment just because someone is running two characters. If you don't want to risk getting someone else's character killed, then tell them you don't want to run their character.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I don't think I could let my character go vacant... I'd be doing my team a disservice. Again there isn't much to play about him, it's just get out his crossbow and start peppering people with bolts. Cast bless before bbeg fight so can sharpshooter for free.

Use superiority dice if using sharpshooter without bless and fight needs to be ended in a hurry.

It's not rocket science.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Rexon - Short Change Hero (Cover) Borderlands 2


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:
lynora wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

This morning I got on the trendy asshat bandwagon and made myself one of those "golden milk" lattes with ginger and turmeric.

It was a horrible thing to do to an innocent cup of coffee, and I feel so ashamed.
Don't judge me.
*shudders* Yeah, that’s awful. I love golden milk, but that does not mix with coffee. It’s supposed to be more like a chai latte, just spices and milk. Putting them together just sounds nauseating. You poor thing! You were given bad directions.

We have something called Teh halia, or translated, Ginger Milk Tea and I've heard it's quite good, but I haven't tried it yet, because I'm trying to cut down on sugar.

Yes, I drink my tea unsweetened. No sugar for me!

And I don't drink coffee because you have to add sugar with that, it's too bitter for me to drink without sugar.

That does sound crazy sweet. I'm an unsweetened tea person too for the most part. I tolerate a slight amount of sweetness in chai or golden milk, but that's pretty much it. I love ginger tea. It's served at a couple of the Korean restaurants in town and they do an unsweetened version. Probably to cater to regional tastes. Sweet tea is not really a thing around here. I tried to find ginger tea I could make at home without having to spend ages brewing it, but the Korean mix I found at the asian grocery had lots of sugar in. It was awful. But then I found a Jamaican mix that is just strong ginger tea. It's awesome. I'm drinking some now. It's the best when I'm not feeling so well.

And I'm not a fan of super sweet coffee either. A little soy milk is usually fine for me. But I also can't taste a lot of the bitterness in the coffee.

I don't know whether Trader Joe's is that far east, but TJ's carries Yumi tea, and they make a ginger tea NobodysWife swears by...


10 people marked this as a favorite.

Oh my goodness! I woke up and... I have the use of my right arm!!! What a concept!

So according to the doctor Impus Minor and I are under full quarantine until we go 24 hours without an elevated temperature, so we're both still personae non gratae and I'm not allowed to leave the house (below 100 is technically "better", but not "cured"), but I actually feel coherent!

Take THAT, flu!

EDIT: But it's the first time in the kids' history that our very nice pediatrician has said, "No, he may NOT go to school tomorrow. Period. If he goes 24 hours without an elevated temperature on Thursday he can go on Friday, but that's not going to happen, so here's the note for the full week."
They take this flu stuff pretty seriously.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Good news! :)


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Glad you're standing up to Urgathoa. Fight da powah.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Curses! Foiled again!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

We have a Trader Joe's here.

But we're also in an area saturated with grocery stores so there's at least three or four places just as good (or better) more convenient then Trader Joe's, but if we lived down by Monroe street...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:

Eh, I think I had a rank in Swim but drowned anyway as a party healer. Did little to help with a... Nereid I think. She drowned me with a kiss.

Baltharian always had a weak spot for fey ladies (with a Nypmh's Kiss feat and all). He got better by being reincarnated into a gnome. Well, lets say he got better for certain values of "better". Alive again. Not that prevented him from chasing skirts. Only changed the perspective when it came to skirts...

I like this guy!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
lynora wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:
lynora wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

This morning I got on the trendy asshat bandwagon and made myself one of those "golden milk" lattes with ginger and turmeric.

It was a horrible thing to do to an innocent cup of coffee, and I feel so ashamed.
Don't judge me.
*shudders* Yeah, that’s awful. I love golden milk, but that does not mix with coffee. It’s supposed to be more like a chai latte, just spices and milk. Putting them together just sounds nauseating. You poor thing! You were given bad directions.

We have something called Teh halia, or translated, Ginger Milk Tea and I've heard it's quite good, but I haven't tried it yet, because I'm trying to cut down on sugar.

Yes, I drink my tea unsweetened. No sugar for me!

And I don't drink coffee because you have to add sugar with that, it's too bitter for me to drink without sugar.

That does sound crazy sweet. I'm an unsweetened tea person too for the most part. I tolerate a slight amount of sweetness in chai or golden milk, but that's pretty much it. I love ginger tea. It's served at a couple of the Korean restaurants in town and they do an unsweetened version. Probably to cater to regional tastes. Sweet tea is not really a thing around here. I tried to find ginger tea I could make at home without having to spend ages brewing it, but the Korean mix I found at the asian grocery had lots of sugar in. It was awful. But then I found a Jamaican mix that is just strong ginger tea. It's awesome. I'm drinking some now. It's the best when I'm not feeling so well.

And I'm not a fan of super sweet coffee either. A little soy milk is usually fine for me. But I also can't taste a lot of the bitterness in the coffee.
I don't know whether Trader Joe's is that far east, but TJ's carries Yumi tea, and they make a ginger tea NobodysWife swears by...

i have a trader Joe's aroundabouts. I can procure and send to you if necessary.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Oh my goodness! I woke up and... I have the use of my right arm!!! What a concept!

So according to the doctor Impus Minor and I are under full quarantine until we go 24 hours without an elevated temperature, so we're both still persona non grata and I'm not allowed to leave the house (below 100 is technically "better", but not "cured"), but I actually feel coherent!

Take THAT, flu!

EDIT: But it's the first time in the kids' history that our very nice pediatrician has said, "No, he may NOT go to school tomorrow. Period. If he goes 24 hours without an elevated temperature on Thursday he can go on Friday, but that's not going to happen, so here's the note for the full week."
They take this flu stuff pretty seriously.

glad to know your pediatrician is on your side.

That said, no to doctors notes for school! Yes to parents keeping kids home of they are sick with no penalties! GO TEAM CHAOS!!!!!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

My finger knuckles are hurting today. Aging sucks.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
My finger knuckles are hurting today. Aging sucks.

flexes taut 39 year old body


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Quick diet tip: Get the flu.
Down 5 pounds in 5 days.

Who knew that running a high fever and not eating anything would be so effective?

Probably everyone.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Who here remembers Tin Foil Yamakah? I understand he used to be One Of You (gooble-gobble, gooble-gobble...).

More to the point, I'd been wondering if any of you knew ways to contact him other than this site (since he's no longer around).


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I have not seen him in some time. I hope he is okay.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
I'm Hiding In Your Closet wrote:

Who here remembers Tin Foil Yamakah? I understand he used to be One Of You (gooble-gobble, gooble-gobble...).

More to the point, I'd been wondering if any of you knew ways to contact him other than this site (since he's no longer around).

He posted quite a while ago that he was rather frustrated with many of the discussions on the boards, so he was taking his leave.

Let me see whether I can find that post...

Here it is.

Unfortunately, I know of no way to contact him.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Got through a current events lesson on China with one of my meme-savviest students without any mention of the old ROFL MAO joke. I count this a grand success.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Gah. It does not feel at all like a Thursday, what with the weird schedule we've been on.

Heck, we've not managed a full week back this semester. Maybe next week...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I thought TFY was focusing on PbP mostly, maybe try there.

Otherwise, try a PM, maybe he checks those.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Test should be interesting next hour.

So, with my history kids, I have them write questions for a review game, and I use the questions they submit for both review and as a pool to write the test from. Usually, we do academic baseball, so I ask them to rank their submissions as single/double/triple in terms of difficulty.

Yesterday, I pulled a single that three of them had submitted. Maybe it was the snow day-induced four day weekend, but it froze up half the class.

"WHAT?! Where did you get that question?"
"...from your homework."

ಠ_ಠ


3 people marked this as a favorite.

NobodysHome waxes philosophical about the flu (may be depressing to some):

Having now "survived" the flu, what's really depressing is what a bad job the media and entertainment industry do in conveying what to look out for: When you think of a "deadly" disease, you think of a wracking cough, hallucinations, body spasms, and whatnot.

In reality, the flu is far, far deadlier, much like freezing to death: You are toasty, warm, and semiconscious. The disease shuts down your body's survival functions: You don't feel thirsty nor hungry; you're just happy to lie there, blissfully semiconscious and toasty warm, waiting for it to pass.

For 36-48 solid hours.

So, a healthy, well-hydrated adult may well survive that kind of system abuse, but I can easily see it being deadly to youngsters, the elderly, and those who aren't well-hydrated when the cycle starts.

The general public would be much better served by a simple ad campaign: "If you get sick, drink! Even if you're not thirsty, drink at least half a gallon of fluids a day! Measure it! Drink it! Stay alive!"

It's just scary, because it's one more case of, "Oh, I'm just going to turn off all your body's natural survival instincts" rather than, "I'm going to pound you into submission."

Scary stuff.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Drejk wrote:

Eh, I think I had a rank in Swim but drowned anyway as a party healer. Did little to help with a... Nereid I think. She drowned me with a kiss.

Baltharian always had a weak spot for fey ladies (with a Nypmh's Kiss feat and all). He got better by being reincarnated into a gnome. Well, lets say he got better for certain values of "better". Alive again. Not that prevented him from chasing skirts. Only changed the perspective when it came to skirts...

I like this guy!

Baltharian and his party went into a permanent stasis when the GM and one of the players moved to the other side of the country.

I made him skirt-chaser as a sort of balance to my Mage character who was British asexual Hermetic.


6 people marked this as a favorite.

OK. Nothing quite so morale-boosting and "making it all worthwhile" than walking in to check on your sick son, having him ask, "You're better, Dad?", responding in the affirmative, and watching the transformation as his whole outlook on life improves by a couple of steps.

NobodysHome: Super-MomDad!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

NobodysHome sets foot outside for the first time in 5 days. It's a low tide fog. Conclusions:
(1) The world smells like wet dog.
(2) Climbing 4 steps rendered me out of breath.

Yeah, I may take it a bit easy today.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

What can I do with these Chinese lockpicks,
What can I do with these Chinese lockpicks,
What can I do with these Chinese lockpicks,

Earl-aye in the evening?

181,601 to 181,650 of 238,588 << first < prev | 3628 | 3629 | 3630 | 3631 | 3632 | 3633 | 3634 | 3635 | 3636 | 3637 | 3638 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.