Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

180,101 to 180,150 of 238,403 << first < prev | 3598 | 3599 | 3600 | 3601 | 3602 | 3603 | 3604 | 3605 | 3606 | 3607 | 3608 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I love pierogies, one of my favorite foods.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Lathers body in cheese, onions, and mashed potatoes.

Especially naked.


NobodysHome wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

I made a rare trip into SF with my family today.

We had a $25 gift certificate from one of my students for the good doughnut place in the Mission, and the Conservatory of Flowers does free admission on first Tuesdays. When we came out of the Conservatory, we found six old men playing jazz together under a bridge in Golden Gate Park.
Then we went for lunch at a little Russian bakery that my daughter likes.
And then we drove out to the avenues to the one amazing Polish deli on the West Coast, and I bought two and a half pounds of their homemade Hunters Sausage and some Polish cheesecake, which puts the American crap to shame.
This was a damned fine day.
Tomorrow I'm going to teach my daughter how to make pierogi.

Glad she's feeling better and up and about!

But she did miss the 4-hour Cards Against Humanity marathon with me, Hi, Shiro, the Impii, and the Fake Russian's wife.

My conclusion: Cards Against Humanity really isn't all that fun a game.

You know, when she posted a photo of her CAH hand on Facebook, I looked up and said to Whingey, "Well, at least we know we're not missing anything."

I hate that game.


captain yesterday wrote:
Orthos wrote:
High here was 17* today. -10.5 for your Celsius types. Nope nope nope.
We got up to 11 today, I seriously considered going barefoot in the backyard this morning.

My best friend from grade school texted me a photo of her dad's bathroom.

He lives in Mercer.
He and his wife went away for a few days, and the circuit breaker for the furnace tripped.
The results were about what you'd expect.

Shadow Lodge

lisamarlene wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

I made a rare trip into SF with my family today.

We had a $25 gift certificate from one of my students for the good doughnut place in the Mission, and the Conservatory of Flowers does free admission on first Tuesdays. When we came out of the Conservatory, we found six old men playing jazz together under a bridge in Golden Gate Park.
Then we went for lunch at a little Russian bakery that my daughter likes.
And then we drove out to the avenues to the one amazing Polish deli on the West Coast, and I bought two and a half pounds of their homemade Hunters Sausage and some Polish cheesecake, which puts the American crap to shame.
This was a damned fine day.
Tomorrow I'm going to teach my daughter how to make pierogi.

Glad she's feeling better and up and about!

But she did miss the 4-hour Cards Against Humanity marathon with me, Hi, Shiro, the Impii, and the Fake Russian's wife.

My conclusion: Cards Against Humanity really isn't all that fun a game.

You know, when she posted a photo of her CAH hand on Facebook, I looked up and said to Whingey, "Well, at least we know we're not missing anything."

I hate that game.

Curious, what exactly do you hate about it? Is it something inherent to the game itself or something that it shares with other games in the same genre such as Apples to Apples?

I guess it comes down to your group. CAH tends to be our fallback option when we can't have our gaming sessions for whatever reason. It's usually entertaining, in a "wow we are all horrible human beings" way.


Well d$~#&!! apologized for yesterday. Not enough to get us on friendly terms or even really talking to one another, but it was something. I'm still getting out ASAP.

Anyway, work training went well. Seems like this job is right up my alley. Also, had a surprise mini-date with a chick tonight that I hit it off well with - just met for coffee real quick before she went to work.

Another wants to see me tomorrow - but she is old fashioned and thinks I should treat her, and...well, sorry ladies, but if you want equal pay, you should not expect for the man to cover everything. That 20% discrepancy in pay comes along with the tradition that a man has to f++~ing pay for g~~%!!n everything on the off chance that he MIGHT get a second date, or whatever else. Equal in every way means just that - in every way - so I'm not sure I'm going to actually meet that one.

(Actually I don't mind treating a woman, but it's the idea that it's just expected that pisses me off. "It's for the pleasure of my company" B%!@+, what about the pleasure of my company for you?!)


9 people marked this as a favorite.

There's just got to be some generational thing about privacy.

I ordered a gift for Hermione from a place I'd never ordered from before. I asked for expedited shipping, and it still hasn't shown up. So I decided to sign in and check on the status of my order.

Google Chrome warns me that if I want to sign in, I have to allow the company to know my age, language, "a list of people from your circles, ordered based on your interactions with them across Google", and "Send your activity to your private Google+ history".

My answer? "%&$&*$ no! You can send me the present, or, now that you've annoyed me, I'll sic my bank and my lawyer on you because you're an ***hat."

Yeah, they should never let people like me join a group legal plan. It gives us delusions of power. For a whopping $19 a month, I'm part of a plan where our lawyers will send letters on our behalf if we ask them to. But imagine being a mom-and-pop shop and getting a formal legal notice from Global Megacorporation. I'd rather just have them tell me when the gift is going to arrive without asking for my life history, thanks.


Orthos wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

I made a rare trip into SF with my family today.

We had a $25 gift certificate from one of my students for the good doughnut place in the Mission, and the Conservatory of Flowers does free admission on first Tuesdays. When we came out of the Conservatory, we found six old men playing jazz together under a bridge in Golden Gate Park.
Then we went for lunch at a little Russian bakery that my daughter likes.
And then we drove out to the avenues to the one amazing Polish deli on the West Coast, and I bought two and a half pounds of their homemade Hunters Sausage and some Polish cheesecake, which puts the American crap to shame.
This was a damned fine day.
Tomorrow I'm going to teach my daughter how to make pierogi.

Glad she's feeling better and up and about!

But she did miss the 4-hour Cards Against Humanity marathon with me, Hi, Shiro, the Impii, and the Fake Russian's wife.

My conclusion: Cards Against Humanity really isn't all that fun a game.

You know, when she posted a photo of her CAH hand on Facebook, I looked up and said to Whingey, "Well, at least we know we're not missing anything."

I hate that game.

Curious, what exactly do you hate about it? Is it something inherent to the game itself or something that it shares with other games in the same genre such as Apples to Apples?

I guess it comes down to your group. CAH tends to be our fallback option when we can't have our gaming sessions for whatever reason. It's usually entertaining, in a "wow we are all horrible human beings" way.

I hate it because it makes me want to throw myself off a f***ing bridge. When you're already prone to a certain "background radiation" level of low-grade depression and have to make a concerted effort NOT to see the world in a negative light, CAH is not a good idea.

Shadow Lodge

Yeah, that makes sense. I sympathize in that I have similar issues, but my reaction has always been to be pretty okay with despising the mass majority of humanity and my faith in such is long since gone.


6 people marked this as a favorite.

Cynics unite!

What do we want? Probably something you can't deliver!
When do we want it? It's too late anyway!


NobodysHome wrote:

Google Chrome warns me that if I want to sign in, I have to allow the company to know my age, language, "a list of people from your circles, ordered based on your interactions with them across Google", and "Send your activity to your private Google+ history".

My answer? "%&$&*$ no! You can send me the present, or, now that you've annoyed me, I'll sic my bank and my lawyer on you because you're an ***hat."

Welcome to the wonderful world of Online Market Statistic Gathering. Where your purchase is just the next cog in the grand machine of Telling Corporations What To Try To Sell You!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:

Curious, what exactly do you hate about it? Is it something inherent to the game itself or something that it shares with other games in the same genre such as Apples to Apples?

I guess it comes down to your group. CAH tends to be our fallback option when we can't have our gaming sessions for whatever reason. It's usually entertaining, in a "wow we are all horrible human beings" way.

I know you didn't ask me, but for me it just didn't generate all that many "funny" answers. I find Apples to Apples is more fun. It's kind of like where The Family Guy lost its edge: Its first season was hilarious. After that they focused entirely on toilet humor and, "How hard can we push the edge without getting cut off by the censors?"

And the problem is, when that stuff doesn't shock you, it's just kind of... sad. Not funny at all.

Shadow Lodge

Yeah, I definitely agree that A2A is the better game. I just haven't found an online version of it that doesn't want you to pay first. CAH at least has decksagainstsociety.com for free.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

In our house, we play the "twisted/warped/funny is better than true" variant of A2A.

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

There's another way to play? O.o

;)


5 people marked this as a favorite.

I've already regaled my friends here (read: all of you) with my Cards Against Humanity tales. As much as I love telling the tales again, I'll skip that to mention the favorite point I awarded in Apples to Apples.

Spoilered, cuz political and VERY horrible:
I turned over the green (adjective) card "Crispy".

Phalanx-brother passed me the red card "The Holocaust".

Winning. And in front of the church group, no less!

I play both games the same way -- I AM a horrible person. No doubt about it.

The Exchange

Guys…

I just went flat from rolling dice…

Strange Aeons Spoilers:

What were the Strange Aeons writers thinking off…
4 nightmare ettercaps – 60 ft fear aura. The party of four, with 2 familiars, and they brought along 4 of their Voonith friends as well. So I freaking had to roll 10 x 4 will saves against the fear aura…Arghhh…I’m going insane!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Dear god one of the ladies was married to a cop for years and never smoked weed, and has always wanted to. Like, "hanging out at the park and getting baked" sounds like a great second date to her.

This s!~~ just does not happen to me.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:
You know, when she posted a photo of her CAH hand on Facebook...

Did she at least Facebook the cupcake pants?

Long nonsense for LM the rest of you are welcome to read:
I wanted to do something nice for her this year, since she's always such an amazing hostess, so when I was on Chefwear.com and spotted a set of cupcake pants I knew she had to have them. So of course I told the Fake Russian, and he absolutely forbade me from giving her cupcake pants for her maternity.

So instead I ordered them, wore them to the party, changed into my new camo Chefwear overnight (I kid you not -- they do camo), and "forgot" the cupcake pants in the bedroom.

Before I left, I made it clear to her that the pants were a gift, and she was to parade them proudly in front of the Fake Russian as soon as she got a chance.

Yes, I am an extremely annoying gift-giver. What are you gonna do?

(The Fake Russian also forbade me from getting their daughter anything after last year's apparently-too-over-the-cop Snap Circuits set (and maybe the giant stuffed wiener dog), so I *almost* made Shiro get her two gifts (he's her godfather, and gets away with murder), but I relented and just did the pants.)


NobodysHome wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
You know, when she posted a photo of her CAH hand on Facebook...

Did she at least Facebook the cupcake pants?

** spoiler omitted **

Not yet.

She only FB's three types of photo:
Pictures of the kid,
Pictures of food,
Pictures of Walking Dead cons.


Regarding Cards Against Humanity:
I never wanted to, nor do I want to, play the game because it seems to be about being as disgusting/perverse as possible, rather than funny. My parents bought it because it popped up as a "You might also like this" on Amazon, and immediately threw away about half the cards (my Dad is a retired pastor). But they liked the gameplay, so they found a game called Cards Against Profanity, which is basically a 'clean' version, and play that. Amazon lists it as out-of-stock, so I don't know if you can get it anymore.


As another one with no illusions of what people are like, CAH is likely right up my alley. I have not actually gotten to play it yet, though. Also, there is ABSOLUTELY no opposition between "as disgusting/perverse as possible" and "fun".

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I despise that game.


Cap'n Zoolander, FaWtLy Fashion wrote:
Did they finally put up my modelling shots.

Oh, that was YOU!

Does the General know about this?


Yes I do not find cards against humanity as fun. I don't see being needlessly offensive as funny.


Hope you all had a good New Year's Eve and Day. I'm just relaxing before the next semester, and despairing as my cellphone's charger port seems to be damaged, making it really hard to recharge the battery.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

All I know about Cards Against Humanity is we don't carry it.

But that doesn't stop people from asking about it.

The Exchange

I don't even know what that card game is.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:
And then we drove out to the avenues to the one amazing Polish deli on the West Coast, and I bought two and a half pounds of their homemade Hunters Sausage and some Polish cheesecake, which puts the American crap to shame.

There was a home made cheesecake at the New Year party. I even brought home some, together with samples of other cakes present. They went away too fast, too soon, though.

Quote:

This was a damned fine day.

Tomorrow I'm going to teach my daughter how to make pierogi.

You do that!

<.<

>.>

I haven't made pierogi in ages, though. It's nearly impossible to make a small batch for single person, and doing a full batch takes a lot of effort and produces amount that would make me feed up with them...

Also, too much effort. I like eating, but I like not spending a lot of time in kitchen more.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Just a Mort wrote:
I don't even know what that card game is.

All you need to know is it's a card game, so you know it's going to suck.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Drejk wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
And then we drove out to the avenues to the one amazing Polish deli on the West Coast, and I bought two and a half pounds of their homemade Hunters Sausage and some Polish cheesecake, which puts the American crap to shame.

There was a home made cheesecake at the New Year party. I even brought home some, together with samples of other cakes present. They went away too fast, too soon, though.

Quote:

This was a damned fine day.

Tomorrow I'm going to teach my daughter how to make pierogi.

You do that!

<.<

>.>

I haven't made pierogi in ages, though. It's nearly impossible to make a small batch for single person, and doing a full batch takes a lot of effort and produces amount that would make me feed up with them...

Also, too much effort. I like eating, but I like not spending a lot of time in kitchen more.

If you want alright pre-made pierogies in the US Mrs Fields brand has some decent frozen ones. I recommend getting the 12 pack over the twenty four as they always seem to have 13 in them.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Some days dealing with my boss is not worth the f%+*ing power f&@*ing struggle. Today is one of those days.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
High here was 17* today. -10.5 for your Celsius types. Nope nope nope.

yup yup yup


NobodysHome wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

I made a rare trip into SF with my family today.

We had a $25 gift certificate from one of my students for the good doughnut place in the Mission, and the Conservatory of Flowers does free admission on first Tuesdays. When we came out of the Conservatory, we found six old men playing jazz together under a bridge in Golden Gate Park.
Then we went for lunch at a little Russian bakery that my daughter likes.
And then we drove out to the avenues to the one amazing Polish deli on the West Coast, and I bought two and a half pounds of their homemade Hunters Sausage and some Polish cheesecake, which puts the American crap to shame.
This was a damned fine day.
Tomorrow I'm going to teach my daughter how to make pierogi.

Glad she's feeling better and up and about!

But she did miss the 4-hour Cards Against Humanity marathon with me, Hi, Shiro, the Impii, and the Fake Russian's wife.

My conclusion: Cards Against Humanity really isn't all that fun a game.

it takes a dark sense of humor to enjoy it. That or a lot of weed.


lisamarlene wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

I made a rare trip into SF with my family today.

We had a $25 gift certificate from one of my students for the good doughnut place in the Mission, and the Conservatory of Flowers does free admission on first Tuesdays. When we came out of the Conservatory, we found six old men playing jazz together under a bridge in Golden Gate Park.
Then we went for lunch at a little Russian bakery that my daughter likes.
And then we drove out to the avenues to the one amazing Polish deli on the West Coast, and I bought two and a half pounds of their homemade Hunters Sausage and some Polish cheesecake, which puts the American crap to shame.
This was a damned fine day.
Tomorrow I'm going to teach my daughter how to make pierogi.

Glad she's feeling better and up and about!

But she did miss the 4-hour Cards Against Humanity marathon with me, Hi, Shiro, the Impii, and the Fake Russian's wife.

My conclusion: Cards Against Humanity really isn't all that fun a game.

You know, when she posted a photo of her CAH hand on Facebook, I looked up and said to Whingey, "Well, at least we know we're not missing anything."

I hate that game.

understandable.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

I made a rare trip into SF with my family today.

We had a $25 gift certificate from one of my students for the good doughnut place in the Mission, and the Conservatory of Flowers does free admission on first Tuesdays. When we came out of the Conservatory, we found six old men playing jazz together under a bridge in Golden Gate Park.
Then we went for lunch at a little Russian bakery that my daughter likes.
And then we drove out to the avenues to the one amazing Polish deli on the West Coast, and I bought two and a half pounds of their homemade Hunters Sausage and some Polish cheesecake, which puts the American crap to shame.
This was a damned fine day.
Tomorrow I'm going to teach my daughter how to make pierogi.

Glad she's feeling better and up and about!

But she did miss the 4-hour Cards Against Humanity marathon with me, Hi, Shiro, the Impii, and the Fake Russian's wife.

My conclusion: Cards Against Humanity really isn't all that fun a game.

it takes a dark sense of humor to enjoy it. That or a lot of weed.

There are some things even weed can't help.


captain yesterday wrote:
Drejk wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
And then we drove out to the avenues to the one amazing Polish deli on the West Coast, and I bought two and a half pounds of their homemade Hunters Sausage and some Polish cheesecake, which puts the American crap to shame.

There was a home made cheesecake at the New Year party. I even brought home some, together with samples of other cakes present. They went away too fast, too soon, though.

Quote:

This was a damned fine day.

Tomorrow I'm going to teach my daughter how to make pierogi.

You do that!

<.<

>.>

I haven't made pierogi in ages, though. It's nearly impossible to make a small batch for single person, and doing a full batch takes a lot of effort and produces amount that would make me feed up with them...

Also, too much effort. I like eating, but I like not spending a lot of time in kitchen more.

If you want alright pre-made pierogies in the US Mrs Fields brand has some decent frozen ones. I recommend getting the 12 pack over the twenty four as they always seem to have 13 in them.

There are three things I will not buy in jars or frozen packages:

Spaghetti sauce, pierogi, and the box of frozen White Castle sliders.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Drejk wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
And then we drove out to the avenues to the one amazing Polish deli on the West Coast, and I bought two and a half pounds of their homemade Hunters Sausage and some Polish cheesecake, which puts the American crap to shame.

There was a home made cheesecake at the New Year party. I even brought home some, together with samples of other cakes present. They went away too fast, too soon, though.

Quote:

This was a damned fine day.

Tomorrow I'm going to teach my daughter how to make pierogi.

You do that!

<.<

>.>

I haven't made pierogi in ages, though. It's nearly impossible to make a small batch for single person, and doing a full batch takes a lot of effort and produces amount that would make me feed up with them...

Also, too much effort. I like eating, but I like not spending a lot of time in kitchen more.

If you want alright pre-made pierogies in the US Mrs Fields brand has some decent frozen ones. I recommend getting the 12 pack over the twenty four as they always seem to have 13 in them.

There are three things I will not buy in jars or frozen packages:

Spaghetti sauce, pierogi, and the box of frozen White Castle sliders.

shamefully removes pasta night, pierogi day from abscondi-cave menu


2 people marked this as a favorite.

HOLY CR@P, I just pulled four legendaries in a row!!! The first four packs I opened this morning each had a legendary, so I was starting to think that maybe a wonderful glitch had been introduced to Hearthstone with the last patch. But the last three packs had none, so no, I JUST LUCKED INTO FOUR LEGENDARIES IN A ROW!

I don't know what the odds are of that, but I'm buying a loto ticket today.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Oh my god Tequilia that is so awesome! What legendaries were they? Lich King one of them?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

HOLY CR@P, I just pulled four legendaries in a row!!! The first four packs I opened this morning each had a legendary, so I was starting to think that maybe a wonderful glitch had been introduced to Hearthstone with the last patch. But the last three packs had none, so no, I JUST LUCKED INTO FOUR LEGENDARIES IN A ROW!

I don't know what the odds are of that, but I'm buying a loto ticket today.

Now try the Hamilton ten dollar ticket lottery!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Today is another one of those *blegh* days. You guessed it. More nausea. No, I don't know what caused it.


Never play Cards Against Humanity...so I have no idea about quality of the game.

On the question of humor though, I'm firmly in the dark, crass and possibly offensive camp. I have found that comedy tends to be closely linked to tragedy. When something tickles my funny-bone, someone tends to be suffering.
I guess, that I resonate with all the "All good comedy is derived from (or based on) x" type quotes, where x tends to be stuff like: suffering, misery, fear or sorrow.

The Exchange

Go make yourself ginger tea, John!

Hey you want some dark humor, Kjeldorn? Try some of this.

Ok not really that grim dark really. But mildly.

Guess we all like a little schadenfreude in our lives =)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I mean White Castle shouldn't be consumed at all, for any reason.


I love Cards Against Humanity. We just got the blue box expansion as a Christmas gift from my in-laws. Since getting it 2 years ago, it has become a staple of every gathering. We did just throw out a card though. The "dead babies" answer card came up for the first time since August, and my wife decided it had to go.


Just a Mort wrote:

Go make yourself ginger tea, John!

Hey you want some dark humor, Kjeldorn? Try some of this.

Ok not really that grim dark really. But mildly.

Guess we all like a little schadenfreude in our lives =)

Not that bad Mort ^^

But yea, lets just say that I do tend to find darker and possibly offensive stuff rather humorous.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tequila Sunrise wrote:
HOLY CR@P, I just pulled four legendaries in a row!!!

Isn't it fun when that happens?

Ah, legendaries, not legionaries. O well.


Dirty Old Victorian Longears wrote:
Tequila Sunrise wrote:
HOLY CR@P, I just pulled four legendaries in a row!!!

Isn't it fun when that happens?

Ah, legendaries, not legionaries. O well.

We were about to recommend hydrogen peroxide for pulling so many lesions, but then we blacked out.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

It is snowing in Savannah, Georgia. I now need to hunt a unicorn.

180,101 to 180,150 of 238,403 << first < prev | 3598 | 3599 | 3600 | 3601 | 3602 | 3603 | 3604 | 3605 | 3606 | 3607 | 3608 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.