Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

175,251 to 175,300 of 240,038 << first < prev | 3501 | 3502 | 3503 | 3504 | 3505 | 3506 | 3507 | 3508 | 3509 | 3510 | 3511 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Jess Door wrote:

"Using recursion in TSQL is like sumo wrestlers doing ballet. It is possible, but not pretty."

- Phil Factor

Mainly because (T)SQL is more like BASIC than C / C++.

Of course I'm undressed. Hard to take a shower wearing clothes. Gotta get ready for work.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Sometimes I just love "my beer" snobbery.

But watching a Stella Artois sit undrunk for 2+ years makes me wonder: Is it really that truly bad?

No. It isn't as bad as Budweiser, Coors, Carling, 4x, Stone's Bitter(why is my beer ORANGE?!) Heineken or Foster's, to name a few, especially if any of the above have the word 'light' appended to their name. Still not really much kop, though.

On the other hand, I don't like lager, even if it's super duper crafty wafty lager in tiny cans, with a stupid name, so I'm not really its target audience.

Actually, black lager (or whatever it's called) is OK, but you hardly ever see that over here.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

As far as Star Wars is concerned, I prefer Family Guy Star Wars over the originals.

After the prequels I won't watch it at all.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:
<_< Do I get kicked out of the thread for being kind of lukewarm on Star Wars in general? They're okay.

I'm with you here. I like the originals, but I have no particular attachment to them. Storywise the prequels suck, but like many a pretty-faced action-flick I enjoyed them well enough. I like 7 and will be seeing 8 in the theater, mostly because my wife is a huge fan.

I expect to enjoy 8 and 9, but I'm not sure how much further the franchise can go while maintaining both its Star Wars-y scrappy-underdogs-versus-evil-empire vibe and a compelling narrative. I mean how many times can the scrappy underdogs win dramatic and seemingly-final victories over evil empires before we start to wonder why the good guys are so bad at the follow-up of reestablishing societal/governmental decency?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well, rather than clog the thread with "moreofthesame" (see what I did there? -- lolz), I'll just send ya a PM, Tac.

The Crystal Star is, I think, one of the EU stories I missed, though. If that sheds any light on anything.
-----------
Poorly-executed retreads??

The Blade film sequels spring to mind. I've got some hangups about some of the Underworld material, too.

Ummmmm . . . .

Hmmmm.

I guess it's reasonable, at this point, to reiterate some things about the newer Star Trek stuff -- I liked the first two new films, less so Beyond -- :

1) An internally-consistent explanation was provided in "New Number One" for the rewrites. I'm cool with that. Besides -- Star Trek is *built* on pushing the envelope with thought exercises in theoretical physics/biology/etc.

2) I *completely* relate to the gripes concerning the odd-numbered films from the first iteration. Vejur was . . . well, it certainly was *alien* and familiar in the reveal (and was eventually pulled back into the broader storyline in one of those Shatner books -- Borg! Huh. Okay.). "Star-baby" (totally got that from cap) was . . . well, . . . Hooboy. Five had a bit of a twist in Sybock, but past that was too far gone, for me. Etc., etc., etc.

*pauses to see what else we've had submitted*


NobodysHome wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
I was ten when Star Wars first came out. All the other movies of that time were very dark, both in tone and content. "There are no Heroes, and the 'Good Guys' never win because they are a bunch of Bumbling, Incompetent Nitwits," or similar opinions. Star Wars broke that trend.

LOL. We are indeed the same age. We have the same childhood memories of eternally-depressing, "The good guys always lose" movies!

Blech. It's like the 90s' with, "the good guys are always dark/bad"... dang it! No! Sometimes they're good!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
Syrus Terrigan wrote:
Still better than "Seven". All three of 'em.

Well.

We should never discuss this again. I am now utterly incapable of ever taking anything you say on thus subject seriously now.

I can accept not liking the new movie. It was never, ever, ever going to measure up to the original trilogy, and the fact that they played it safe and followed the plot of ANH so closely is a turnoff for a lot of people, I get that.

But to say with a straight face that not just one but all three if the prequels were better.... That requires a perspective on the subject so utterly alien to my own that there is absolutely zero to be gained from further conversation.

I read ya.

And you totally nailed the root of my distaste.

Now, where is that Jane Austen book??

:)


John Napier 698 wrote:
Jess Door wrote:

"Using recursion in TSQL is like sumo wrestlers doing ballet. It is possible, but not pretty."

- Phil Factor

Mainly because (T)SQL is more like BASIC than C / C++.

Oh, SNAP!! I got no idea what was just said, but someone just got told!!


Disclaimer: Vlaeros' knowledge, and my own, or different subsets.


Tacticslion wrote:

Syrus, I'm pretty sure you didn't actually watch the prequels if you think they were better than seven. In fact, I'm certain of it, because all of the EU problems actually began there - to the point that nonsensical double canon was kept just so George's prequels would make sense, not to mention, of course, the plot holes and and just bad movie making.

Your problem was that it was shallow? Plot holes? Violated canon?

Allow me to introduce episodes 1-3. Anakin's transformation is painful and unbelievable, with plot-hole-ridden uninteresting dialogue, and nothing of substance to grant except poorly-executed retcons of established canon, and a disregard for spirit and tone of the original.

You know what ticked me off about seven? It tossed out EU canon.

You know what was a very intelligent move? Tossing out EU canon. Because it had already been tossed out. By the prequels. On accident.

The prequels totally didn't toss out old canon... they just made it impossible, nonsensical, and ignored it entirely. So that Jay and Silent Bob could have an answer to an off-hand comment in that one movie of theirs.

So, no: I reject your assertion, and with vigor, because anything you suggest that e7 did "wrong" to the fandom or EU, Lucas had already accomplished years before: at that point, you're only arguing over specifics, in which cai se, you might as well be in a fan-battle of "which is cooler?" anyway. (The answer is always Mara Jade, by the way.)

Yes, the loss of Zhan stuff was painful, but here is the honest truth: no more films would ever have been made. His incredible trilogy was unable to be filmed. And it couldn't be enshrined in canon, because there was no way they could cast or update "where have they been, now?" stuff, because Star Wars EU was kind of a mess. Much as I liked the concept, the whole thing with Celestials, extra-galactic non-Force connected (j/k, totes connected!), Luke's-descendent-was-a-druggie-for-a-while, or any other EU moment made sure that it simply...

interesting, tac.

Interesting.
And I f%!%ing LOVED the one sith. And lukes descendant not being down with saving the universe "cuz Im supposed to", although that could have been handled MUCH better than it was. I saw what they were going for and *loved* the concept, although the execution was flawed.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tequila Sunrise wrote:
. . . but I'm not sure how much further the franchise can go while maintaining both its Star Wars-y scrappy-underdogs-versus-evil-empire vibe and a compelling narrative. I mean how many times can the scrappy underdogs win dramatic and seemingly-final victories over evil empires before we start to wonder why the good guys are so bad at the follow-up of reestablishing societal/governmental decency?

Yup.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:

The earlier talk of originality good, recycled inspiration bad got me thinking...

What are some good story ideas that were presented and either ignored or bungled horribly by an incompetent writer?

mm.

Also interesting.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
Syrus Terrigan wrote:
Still better than "Seven". All three of 'em.

Well.

We should never discuss this again. I am now utterly incapable of ever taking anything you say on thus subject seriously now.

I can accept not liking the new movie. It was never, ever, ever going to measure up to the original trilogy, and the fact that they played it safe and followed the plot of ANH so closely is a turnoff for a lot of people, I get that.

But to say with a straight face that not just one but all three if the prequels were better.... That requires a perspective on the subject so utterly alien to my own that there is absolutely zero to be gained from further conversation.

indeed.

I have removed syrus from my Christmas card list.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
Jess Door wrote:

"Using recursion in TSQL is like sumo wrestlers doing ballet. It is possible, but not pretty."

- Phil Factor

Mainly because (T)SQL is more like BASIC than C / C++.

Of course I'm undressed. Hard to take a shower wearing clothes. Gotta get ready for work.

it's all greek to me.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

As far as Star Wars is concerned, I prefer Family Guy Star Wars over the originals.

After the prequels I won't watch it at all.

steps up plans to clone and replace captain yesterday


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:

I think for me it comes down to the older I get, the less I value the raw fact of originality.

Id rather have a well-done copy, especially one that improves on the thing it's copying in some way, than a fully-original product that isn't as well made.

"It's not who did it first, it's who did it best."

That and again the older I get, the more I see how even the original things aren't that original. Everything has been done, new works are just doing it with slight differences of context, method, appearance, etc.

So yeah, something being a copy or retread does not bother me at all, as long as the copy is decent.

once agsin, this is the opposite of how i feel.

Business as usual.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:

The earlier talk of originality good, recycled inspiration bad got me thinking...

What are some good story ideas that were presented and either ignored or bungled horribly by an incompetent writer?

Bear with me on this one. Twilight.

The story as-written is a void of culture and intelligence that sets the human race back about sixty years by virtue of its sheer existence. However, if you focus on...pretty much literally any character except Bella and Edward, you have the potential for something interesting.

You have a cop in a town secretly infested with vampires.
You have a vampire doctor who works at a hospital, constantly surrounded by delicious blood and the potential to out himself.
You have one that can straight-up see the future.

Take any one of those characters as a focus and give the story to someone with a command of the English language beyond third grade, and you might actually get something entertaining out of it.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:

indeed.

I have removed syrus from my Christmas card list.

*sniffles, just a little bit*

Can't help it, man. I tried.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:
Scintillae wrote:

The earlier talk of originality good, recycled inspiration bad got me thinking...

What are some good story ideas that were presented and either ignored or bungled horribly by an incompetent writer?

Bear with me on this one. Twilight.

The story as-written is a void of culture and intelligence that sets the human race back about sixty years by virtue of its sheer existence. However, if you focus on...pretty much literally any character except Bella and Edward, you have the potential for something interesting.

You have a cop in a town secretly infested with vampires.
You have a vampire doctor who works at a hospital, constantly surrounded by delicious blood and the potential to out himself.
You have one that can straight-up see the future.

Take any one of those characters as a focus and give the story to someone with a command of the English language beyond third grade, and you might actually get something entertaining out of it.

mm.

I only know one person who liked the series. It was aimed very much at her mindset.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I'm luke-warm on Star Wars. I enjoy the movies, but Trek was always my jam.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Scintillae wrote:
Scintillae wrote:

The earlier talk of originality good, recycled inspiration bad got me thinking...

What are some good story ideas that were presented and either ignored or bungled horribly by an incompetent writer?

Bear with me on this one. Twilight.

The story as-written is a void of culture and intelligence that sets the human race back about sixty years by virtue of its sheer existence. However, if you focus on...pretty much literally any character except Bella and Edward, you have the potential for something interesting.

You have a cop in a town secretly infested with vampires.
You have a vampire doctor who works at a hospital, constantly surrounded by delicious blood and the potential to out himself.
You have one that can straight-up see the future.

Take any one of those characters as a focus and give the story to someone with a command of the English language beyond third grade, and you might actually get something entertaining out of it.

mm.

I only know one person who liked the series. It was aimed very much at her mindset.

A friend told me I wasn't allowed to make fun of the book unless I'd read it.

She came to regret this.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
TriOmegaZero wrote:
I'm luke-warm on Star Wars. I enjoy the movies, but Trek was always my jam.

Exact opposite of me. Trek is okay, particularly TNG, but I could never be a die hard Trekkie, or even just look forward to the films the way I do Star Wars.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Welp, I did it. I chopped off my hair with craft scissors. (It’s not as bad as it sounds. I’m good at cutting hair and used to cut my own hair regularly. It’s a cute layered bob actually, and with my wavy hair the imperfections will be easily hidden.) Now I’ll have to explain this to my hairdresser when I take the kidlet for a haircut later this week.
Basically, my hair has been falling out for a few weeks now. It was super thick to start so it can be kind of hidden still, but I wear a lot of hats and headband lately to cover the increasingly obvious bald spots. I’m waiting on test results to find out if there is an obvious cause. In the meantime my scalp hurts really bad and even pulling my hair into a loose ponytail was excruciating, hence the impromptu haircut.
Bleh, this sucks :(

Well, with the new haircut and the hairbow I’m wearing today along with the dress, I’ve got a definite Kiki’s delivery service vibe going on, so that’s something I guess. ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vlaeros wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Jess Door wrote:

"Using recursion in TSQL is like sumo wrestlers doing ballet. It is possible, but not pretty."

- Phil Factor

Mainly because (T)SQL is more like BASIC than C / C++.

Oh, SNAP!! I got no idea what was just said, but someone just got told!!

No one got told. I was just making a point. C and C++ rely on functions, which makes recursion ( the action of a function calling itself ) easy. The database programming languages like Structured Query Language (SQL) are more linear, like BASIC. SQL really doesn't have the run-time stack support to use recursion well.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

=(

I hope the news isn t too bad.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I hope they get you some answers and great help, lynora! Much love!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Thanks guys. Mostly just trying to be patient while waiting for answers now. And trying not to freak out because some of the options are scary.

Obviously I’m great at patient as evidenced by my impulsive behavior today :P

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Wow. I hope they can figure it out and it’s nothing too serious, lynora.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
John Napier 698 wrote:
Jess Door wrote:

"Using recursion in TSQL is like sumo wrestlers doing ballet. It is possible, but not pretty."

- Phil Factor

Mainly because (T)SQL is more like BASIC than C / C++.

Of course I'm undressed. Hard to take a shower wearing clothes. Gotta get ready for work.

I would disagree. I think it is more caused by SQL being optimized for set based operations over a more procedural approach.

Sovereign Court

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Jess Door wrote:

"Using recursion in TSQL is like sumo wrestlers doing ballet. It is possible, but not pretty."

- Phil Factor

Mainly because (T)SQL is more like BASIC than C / C++.

Of course I'm undressed. Hard to take a shower wearing clothes. Gotta get ready for work.

it's all greek to me.

Wait, didn't you mean to say "It's all geek to me." ?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:

Welp, I did it. I chopped off my hair with craft scissors. (It’s not as bad as it sounds. I’m good at cutting hair and used to cut my own hair regularly. It’s a cute layered bob actually, and with my wavy hair the imperfections will be easily hidden.) Now I’ll have to explain this to my hairdresser when I take the kidlet for a haircut later this week.

Basically, my hair has been falling out for a few weeks now. It was super thick to start so it can be kind of hidden still, but I wear a lot of hats and headband lately to cover the increasingly obvious bald spots. I’m waiting on test results to find out if there is an obvious cause. In the meantime my scalp hurts really bad and even pulling my hair into a loose ponytail was excruciating, hence the impromptu haircut.
Bleh, this sucks :(

Well, with the new haircut and the hairbow I’m wearing today along with the dress, I’ve got a definite Kiki’s delivery service vibe going on, so that’s something I guess. ;)

Item the First: Yeah, I have to explain to *my* stylist that I won't be seeing him for several months, because everybody likes me better with the mohawk. Ah, well, live and learn. I had one from 1984-1991, but had to get a "real job" so only had one for the summers of '92 and '93, and finally gave up on them. And now they're back.

Item the Second: Sounds like what I have. If I get excessively stressed, I get little "crop circles" on my head. Speaking of my stylist, he can always tell how work is going for me by checking for the crop circles. NobodysWife is still convinced that little aliens use my head as a landing pad, but once I stopped drinking and really started focusing on stress management (such as finally saying, "I CANNOT run four games at once for the rest of my life!"), the crop circles have been gone for a while.

So the good news is, they could be harmless. Other than as an indicator of overall stress.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
TriOmegaZero wrote:
I'm luke-warm on Star Wars. I enjoy the movies, but Trek was always my jam.
Exact opposite of me. Trek is okay, particularly TNG, but I could never be a die hard Trekkie, or even just look forward to the films the way I do Star Wars.

Kinda same here. I really appreciate what Trek is, what it's done for our culture, and I like the films. But I could never get into the shows, and I tried every one of them. I guess when it comes to the screen, I just need a certain amount of either action or comedy.

And part of the point of ST is that pew pew pew is the last resort method of solving problems. And comedic themes are non-existent, except for the occasional episode about unstoppably over-populous fluffballs or whatever.

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
lynora wrote:

Thanks guys. Mostly just trying to be patient while waiting for answers now. And trying not to freak out because some of the options are scary.

Obviously I’m great at patient as evidenced by my impulsive behavior today :P

:(. Hope you get answers soon! I've had laryngitis for a month now, and am seriously annoyed.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Sometimes, I am Evil.

I'm in charge of getting 80 pounds of meat from Costco for the madrigal. The meat guy was busy over Thanksgiving and said he'd call me back over the weekend, but didn't. I gave him all day Monday. Still no call.

So I sent him a polite text, but used my corporate address and phone.

Yep. Got a call back within 15 minutes. On his day off.

I hate hitting people with Global Megacorporation, but sometimes it has its uses.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

The garden is shut down and is now officially a sled hill, snow TBD.

Folds arms and taps foot impatiently while standing two feet behind Freehold, exaggeratedly checks watch every few minutes.


I'm praying for you, lynora!


4 people marked this as a favorite.

As a final note before I go heads-down at work again (got a notice this morning that we have to hand off all our files TODAY instead of FRIDAY, meaning a bit of a scramble for me), the apricot sauce was better than I could have hoped for:
Impus Major: Oh, by the way, Dad?
NobodysHome: Yeah?
IM: The apricot sauce is really awesome! I really like it!

He then proceeded to go back for seconds AND THIRDS, finishing the brussels sprouts with great gusto. I think he just didn't know where the extra pork was, or it would have been gone, too.

About 20 minutes later, NobodysWife came in from the studio.
NobodysWife: Oh, I just wanted to come in and tell you that that apricot sauce was really good! It went well with everything.

NobodysHome, basking in ad hoc sauce glory.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Jess Door wrote:
lynora wrote:

Thanks guys. Mostly just trying to be patient while waiting for answers now. And trying not to freak out because some of the options are scary.

Obviously I’m great at patient as evidenced by my impulsive behavior today :P

:(. Hope you get answers soon! I've had laryngitis for a month now, and am seriously annoyed.

Oh gosh, that sounds awful! I hope you feel better soon and get your voice back


3 people marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:

Welp, I did it. I chopped off my hair with craft scissors. (It’s not as bad as it sounds. I’m good at cutting hair and used to cut my own hair regularly. It’s a cute layered bob actually, and with my wavy hair the imperfections will be easily hidden.) Now I’ll have to explain this to my hairdresser when I take the kidlet for a haircut later this week.

Basically, my hair has been falling out for a few weeks now. It was super thick to start so it can be kind of hidden still, but I wear a lot of hats and headband lately to cover the increasingly obvious bald spots. I’m waiting on test results to find out if there is an obvious cause. In the meantime my scalp hurts really bad and even pulling my hair into a loose ponytail was excruciating, hence the impromptu haircut.
Bleh, this sucks :(

Well, with the new haircut and the hairbow I’m wearing today along with the dress, I’ve got a definite Kiki’s delivery service vibe going on, so that’s something I guess. ;)

i am torn between worry and excitement.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
Wow. I hope they can figure it out and it’s nothing too serious, lynora.

you are going to have to live up to your name and heal everyone, my friend.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Jess Door wrote:
lynora wrote:

Thanks guys. Mostly just trying to be patient while waiting for answers now. And trying not to freak out because some of the options are scary.

Obviously I’m great at patient as evidenced by my impulsive behavior today :P

:(. Hope you get answers soon! I've had laryngitis for a month now, and am seriously annoyed.

i wish you could have the cool voice at will, without laryngitis.


Jess Door wrote:
lynora wrote:

Thanks guys. Mostly just trying to be patient while waiting for answers now. And trying not to freak out because some of the options are scary.

Obviously I’m great at patient as evidenced by my impulsive behavior today :P

:(. Hope you get answers soon! I've had laryngitis for a month now, and am seriously annoyed.

Ack!

That's terrible!

Get better, soon!

:(


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Jess Door wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Jess Door wrote:

"Using recursion in TSQL is like sumo wrestlers doing ballet. It is possible, but not pretty."

- Phil Factor

Mainly because (T)SQL is more like BASIC than C / C++.

Of course I'm undressed. Hard to take a shower wearing clothes. Gotta get ready for work.

I would disagree. I think it is more caused by SQL being optimized for set based operations over a more procedural approach.

Having no experience with (T)SQL, I concede your point. My area of interest is more in the line of Systems Programming.

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
John Napier 698 wrote:
Jess Door wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Jess Door wrote:

"Using recursion in TSQL is like sumo wrestlers doing ballet. It is possible, but not pretty."

- Phil Factor

Mainly because (T)SQL is more like BASIC than C / C++.

Of course I'm undressed. Hard to take a shower wearing clothes. Gotta get ready for work.

I would disagree. I think it is more caused by SQL being optimized for set based operations over a more procedural approach.
Having no experience with (T)SQL, I concede your point. My area of interest is more in the line of Systems Programming.

. Mostly, though, I enjoy imagining sumo wrestlers performing ballet.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:

We live in two different parts of the world, TOZ.

Even playing PFS online at home – I get questions from my family on why I am keeping that odd hours(the games are at midnight my time), and people keep asking me to speak on mic, which I CANNOT because my family is sleeping. People think I am not being a team player for that. And sometimes my parents will complain that the sound of me typing will wake them up. And I get told not to do it.

If I manage to find a daytime game, I get bothered and asked why am I talking to a computer, lunch is ready, why cant’ I just stop in the middle of a session to eat, the food will get cold…etc. And constant interruptions.

Hell, I’ve gone to the extent to sneaking to a café with my laptop just to do it, and I’ve gotten stares from other patrons for talking too loudly to the mic, so that’s another issue.

So much bother, that I don’t do real time games for PFS anymore.
If you’re asking me why I do not move out – a house here costs like 500,000 in local currency and is very expensive. It is not a decision you would make lightly.

I know I hate that feeling. Just hope your expirence did not result in an glass pan full of enchiladas being broken because that made it worse. I like playing in person better at my area. Although my local group seem to love shenanigans.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Oh no, not the enchiladas! :(


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

Sometimes I just love "my beer" snobbery.

But watching a Stella Artois sit undrunk for 2+ years makes me wonder: Is it really that truly bad?

No. It isn't as bad as Budweiser, Coors, Carling, 4x, Stone's Bitter(why is my beer ORANGE?!) Heineken or Foster's, to name a few, especially if any of the above have the word 'light' appended to their name. Still not really much kop, though.

On the other hand, I don't like lager, even if it's super duper crafty wafty lager in tiny cans, with a stupid name, so I'm not really its target audience.

Actually, black lager (or whatever it's called) is OK, but you hardly ever see that over here.

This reminds me of when I asked James Jacobs if frost giants can make better beer than coors? and he said yes but not because frost giants are good at brewing but because coors is specifically nasty.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

We used to buy cases of Lucky Lager Light...
...to carry out to the local park (Tilden) to shoot with pellet guns.

Cheap as heck, and exploded most wonderfully.

NobodysHome's Story Time:
One fine night we were out "shooting" when our friend 'Evan' had to use the bathroom. There was a porta-potty conveniently right there, so he went in to avail himself of the facilities. So our resident sociopath 'Mark' and I looked each other in the eye, grinned insanely, and started shooting the living carp out of the port-a-potty. Of course, these weren't plain old pellet guns: Mark was using a CO2-powered BB gun, while I was using a Sheridan firing .20-caliber steel pellets. Evan started yelling. "Ow! Ow! OW! F***, you guys! Those pellets are coming right through!"

We both knew he was in a kevlar-lined motorcycle jacket, and was in no real danger. But I'm a nice guy. I stopped shooting. Mark just started giggling maniacally and started shooting faster.


Ah, good times!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:

Welp, I did it. I chopped off my hair with craft scissors. (It’s not as bad as it sounds. I’m good at cutting hair and used to cut my own hair regularly. It’s a cute layered bob actually, and with my wavy hair the imperfections will be easily hidden.) Now I’ll have to explain this to my hairdresser when I take the kidlet for a haircut later this week.

Basically, my hair has been falling out for a few weeks now. It was super thick to start so it can be kind of hidden still, but I wear a lot of hats and headband lately to cover the increasingly obvious bald spots. I’m waiting on test results to find out if there is an obvious cause. In the meantime my scalp hurts really bad and even pulling my hair into a loose ponytail was excruciating, hence the impromptu haircut.
Bleh, this sucks :(

Well, with the new haircut and the hairbow I’m wearing today along with the dress, I’ve got a definite Kiki’s delivery service vibe going on, so that’s something I guess. ;)

Yargh! I hope they find out what's wrong and put a stop to it!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

By the way, Limey, even if your work colleague is showing off cleavage that would require a bathysphere to navigate safely, it is not acceptable to sit there contemplating whether or not it would make a good hiding place for loose change, small items of stationary, confectionery, individually wrapped miniature cheeses, etc.

You want to do that, get your own.

175,251 to 175,300 of 240,038 << first < prev | 3501 | 3502 | 3503 | 3504 | 3505 | 3506 | 3507 | 3508 | 3509 | 3510 | 3511 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.