Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

175,051 to 175,100 of 240,461 << first < prev | 3497 | 3498 | 3499 | 3500 | 3501 | 3502 | 3503 | 3504 | 3505 | 3506 | 3507 | next > last >>

3 people marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
A friend of mine went to Cuba. He sent me a postcard that said "I'm Havana good time."

Don't stop me now I'm having such a good time

I'm having a ball
Don't stop me now
If you want to have a good time just give me a call
Don't stop me now (because I'm having a good time)
Don't stop me now (Yes I'm having a good time)
I don't want to stop at all

(wow that was well placed)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

When I visit West Africa, I'm Ghana be sure Togo to Mali and then say I've Benin Timbuktu.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Building inspectors in Pisa are leaninent.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Wooden shoe like to visit the Netherlands?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Parisian goats are very musical. After all, they have French horns.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
It's hard for stores in Afghanistan to take inventory because of the tally ban.
Where gonna need disclaimer man here STAT!

*looks around*

Nope. We're all good.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Would you say that a practical Czech is Praguematic?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You know the hot chocolate you bought is gonna be good when it comes jn a package with primarily Spanish writing, it's hecho en México, and you have to break it with a knife and boil it in a pot.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Rosita the Riveter wrote:
You know the hot chocolate you bought is gonna be good when it comes jn a package with primarily Spanish writing, it's hecho en México, and you have to break it with a knife and boil it in a pot.

Wait I'm confused?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I know San Francisco has bad to meh pizza in general, but we did invent the cornmeal crust, and the cornmeal crust is bomb if you understand how to use it. Honestly, we should stop trying to ape New York and concentrate on further nailing down this interesting, unique variation we've invented.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Definitely not being sarcastic wrote:
Rosita the Riveter wrote:
You know the hot chocolate you bought is gonna be good when it comes jn a package with primarily Spanish writing, it's hecho en México, and you have to break it with a knife and boil it in a pot.
Wait I'm confused?

Mexican hot chocolate comes in these thick discs about the size of your palm. You boil them with milk in a pot. Problem is, one disk makes about a quart, so you have to cut it into portions with a knife if you're one person. There are grooves to facilitate this.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Huh. I bet it tastes better then the powder stuff.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It does, but it's a time investment to make and cool to drinking temp.

So, I saw Coco today. I really liked it. Only real comment is that I really want to see more of Miguel's skeleton family, but I really don't know how a sequel could ever work.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Syrus Terrigan wrote:
But being *just* the uncle has TONS of advantages. :D

Me in a nutshell. Love my nieces and love being the uncle but dang do I not want any of my own.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

It's Monday, already.

F@@@ you time!!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

It's Monday, already.

F#@+ you time!!

you said it. Day is off to a rotten start. F%*+ing mta. Ugh.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I broke my walking stick last week when doing cane fighting with someone who had a rather sturdier walking stick.

I fixed it over the weekend using No More Nails and electrical tape.

Will it survive another bout this evening?

Probably not.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

It's Monday, already.

F~%+ you time!!

My home group chat had that realization last night. We were all happy chatting, then the realization hit, "oh crap I have work tomorrow, g'night".


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Rosita the Riveter wrote:
I know San Francisco has bad to meh pizza in general, but we did invent the cornmeal crust, and the cornmeal crust is bomb if you understand how to use it. Honestly, we should stop trying to ape New York and concentrate on further nailing down this interesting, unique variation we've invented.

Meh. I went to Chicago and had the locals recommend "real" Chicago-style pizza. I wasn't particularly impressed. When I reported this, they responded, "Oh, you must have gone to the wrong xxx; try this one instead."

Ditto New York.

If you claim to me that your pizzas/bagels/whatever are SO far superior to mine, but then you cannot possibly provide me with a sample when I visit your city, and every response of mine is, "That really wasn't particularly different from what I get at home," and you reply, "Oh, you went to the wrong place. Oh, they must have been having an off night," then I begin to get...
...skeptical.

EDIT: Or the wonderful, "You obviously have no taste, and don't know good pizza when you get it."
In other words, "It's YOUR fault you don't think MY pizza is the best ever!"

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I just watched Coco tonight. It was a great movie!

Coco:

If I were the protagonist of the movie things wouldn't get that far. After finding myself in the land of the dead, I'd accept the bargain and leave behind music to get back. I play piano, but I've never had the shine so to speak, nor the performance flair. Heck I don't even have the ear. I can learn a song, playing it technically right, but there's no...emotion behind it if you get my drift. I've actually got decent paw accuracy and speed, though. If short stubby paws.

But I can understand about families being restrictive, that's the story of my life.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I can't speak for Chicago, but what makes a great New York pizza:

1. Slices so big you must fold them in half while eating to avoid a mess.

2. Enough grease to make a mess anyway.

3. Enough salt that you need a drink with your slice.

...I love me some New York pizza, but it's not exactly a secret recipe of culinary masterwork.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

I can't speak for Chicago, but what makes a great New York pizza:

1. Slices so big you must fold them in half while eating to avoid a mess.

2. Enough grease to make a mess anyway.

3. Enough salt that you need a drink with your slice.

...I love me some New York pizza, but it's not exactly a secret recipe of culinary masterwork.

See, now that's a nice, fair assessment that makes it clear that what I personally care for is not New York pizza. I don't care about how big the slices are, and I really dislike excess salt. The grease I can go either way on... good grease is a really really tasty thing...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Rosita the Riveter wrote:
I know San Francisco has bad to meh pizza in general, but we did invent the cornmeal crust, and the cornmeal crust is bomb if you understand how to use it. Honestly, we should stop trying to ape New York and concentrate on further nailing down this interesting, unique variation we've invented.

Meh. I went to Chicago and had the locals recommend "real" Chicago-style pizza. I wasn't particularly impressed. When I reported this, they responded, "Oh, you must have gone to the wrong xxx; try this one instead."

Ditto New York.

If you claim to me that your pizzas/bagels/whatever are SO far superior to mine, but then you cannot possibly provide me with a sample when I visit your city, and every response of mine is, "That really wasn't particularly different from what I get at home," and you reply, "Oh, you went to the wrong place. Oh, they must have been having an off night," then I begin to get...
...skeptical.

EDIT: Or the wonderful, "You obviously have no taste, and don't know good pizza when you get it."
In other words, "It's YOUR fault you don't think MY pizza is the best ever!"

you're from the wrong coast to be preaching about pizza superiority. I can only surmise that years of being subject to cali pizza kitchen has ruined your palate for the finer things in life.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

If you want expensive (for a reason, it's pretty good for the Midwest) you want Paison's, if you want a good deep dish pizza delivered Pizza Extreme makes a great Barbeque chicken deep dish pizza.

I make no claims on if it's better than anywhere else, it's probably not.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

EDIT: Or the wonderful, "You obviously have no taste, and don't know good pizza when you get it."

you're from the wrong coast to be preaching about pizza superiority. I can only surmise that years of being subject to cali pizza kitchen has ruined your palate for the finer things in life.

LOLOL.

And I didn't say California pizza was superior. I said that I have yet to find a New York or Chicago pizza where I said, "Wow! I can't get anything this good in California!"

If you're going to claim superiority, you need to be able to show it.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

St. Louis style. Imo's is the best; screw both y'all's coasts.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:
St. Louis style. Imo's is the best; screw both y'all's coasts.

Well, having a long and storied history of being "different", I have always bristled at people who say, "This is the best, and if you don't like it then you have no taste."

It's definitely an East Coast thing. West Coasters are more laid-back.

A good example is Impus Major: He doesn't particularly care for Rivoli. Yet I am still of the opinion he has excellent taste. His tastes just don't match mine. So when we're treating him to a restaurant, we go to Skates instead, which *I* think is inferior to Rivoli, but he feels is far superior.

And, being Californian, I see nothing wrong with that.

The New York-style, get-in-your-face-and-yell-at-you-that-you're-wrong is just irritating to me...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

*Blegh* Feeling nauseous right now. I don't know why. Have to wait for my stomach to settle before I even think about having some soup. I hope that this isn't an indication about how my day is going to be. *Blegh*


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

In the Midwest if we think you're wrong we'll say "oh yah! That's nice!" and then gossip about how wrong and or stupid you are, often while you're standing right there.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

I can't speak for Chicago, but what makes a great New York pizza:

1. Slices so big you must fold them in half while eating to avoid a mess.

2. Enough grease to make a mess anyway.

3. Enough salt that you need a drink with your slice.

...I love me some New York pizza, but it's not exactly a secret recipe of culinary masterwork.

See, now that's a nice, fair assessment that makes it clear that what I personally care for is not New York pizza. I don't care about how big the slices are, and I really dislike excess salt. The grease I can go either way on... good grease is a really really tasty thing...

madness.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

We do Rosati's, which the internet tells me is Chicago style. But we do their thin crust, so I imagine we are heathens to everyone. (They make bombing chicken tenders tho.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

EDIT: Or the wonderful, "You obviously have no taste, and don't know good pizza when you get it."

you're from the wrong coast to be preaching about pizza superiority. I can only surmise that years of being subject to cali pizza kitchen has ruined your palate for the finer things in life.
Quote:


LOLOL.

And I didn't say California pizza was superior. I said that I have yet to find a New York or Chicago pizza where I said, "Wow! I can't get anything this good in California!"

If you're going to claim superiority, you need to be able to show it.

gestures to any random Brooklyn pizzeria run by people from brooklyn or that one good place in Manhattan

Check. Mate.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

And if grease is the mark of a good pizza, then I hate pizza.


NobodysHome wrote:
Scintillae wrote:
St. Louis style. Imo's is the best; screw both y'all's coasts.

Well, having a long and storied history of being "different", I have always bristled at people who say, "This is the best, and if you don't like it then you have no taste."

It's definitely an East Coast thing. West Coasters are more laid-back.

A good example is Impus Major: He doesn't particularly care for Rivoli. Yet I am still of the opinion he has excellent taste. His tastes just don't match mine. So when we're treating him to a restaurant, we go to Skates instead, which *I* think is inferior to Rivoli, but he feels is far superior.

And, being Californian, I see nothing wrong with that.

The New York-style, get-in-your-face-and-yell-at-you-that-you're-wrong is just irritating to me...

nothing wrong with being different.

That said, you're wrong when it comes to pizza.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:
St. Louis style. Imo's is the best; screw both y'all's coasts.

i gotta check that out.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
*Blegh* Feeling nauseous right now. I don't know why. Have to wait for my stomach to settle before I even think about having some soup. I hope that this isn't an indication about how my day is going to be. *Blegh*

shoves Brooklyn pizza down his throat


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Not very funny, Freehold. But I appreciate the effort. Last night, I had two episodes of Reflux. The Sun's out, it's a beautiful day, and I don't feel well. There's no justice. *Blegh* Sipping Mt. Dew to try to settle my stomach.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

My list of Computer Books:

1) Operating Systems Design and Impelmentation 1st, 2nd, and 3rd editions
2) Linux Core Kernel Commentary
3) Linux IP Stacks Commentary
4) Apache Server Commentary
5) The UNIX Programming Environment
6) Undocumented Windows
7) Windows Internals
8) Programming Embedded Systems in C and C++
9) Developing Your Own 32-bit Operating System
10) Microprocessors and Interfacing
11) PC Programmer's Handbook
12) The Personal Computer From the Inside Out
13) ISA System Architecture
14) Protected Mode Software Architecture
15) Pentium Pro and Pentium II System Architecture
16) The 68000 Microprocessor
17) The Indispensable PC Hardware Book
18) Visual Basic 2008
19) Visual C# 2010
20) The C Programming Language
21) C++ Black Book
22) The C Companion
23) GCC The Complete Reference
24) Compilers - Principles, Techniques, and Tools
25) C/C++ Annotated Reference
26) The Practice of Programming
27) Code Reading
28) A Retargetable C Compiler - Design and Implementation
29) Code Complete
30) Building Your Own Compiler With C++
31) Graphics API Black Book
32) Modern Compiler Design
33) DOS and Windows Protected Mode
34) XNA Programming
35) The MFC Answer Book
36) Applied Cryptography
37) Crafting a Compiler in C
38) IBM PC Assembler Language and Programming
39) The Science of Debugging
40) Numerical Methods - Real-time and Embedded System Programming
41) LEX and YACC
42) A Small C Compiler
43) Computer Organization and Design - The Hardware/Software Interface
44) Teach Yourself C
45) Teach Yourself C++
46) Windows System Programming
47) An Introduction to 80x86 Assembly Language and Computer Architecture
48) Class Construction in C and C++
49) Programming Windows 95
50) PC Intern
51) Porting UNIX Software
52) Debugging Applications
53) Rapid Development
54) Algorithms in C++
55) Debugging 32-bit Windows Applications
56) Applying C++
57) Numerical Recipes in C++
58) C++ I/O Streams, Containers, and Standard Classes
59) Assembly Language for Intel-based Computers
60) The Intel Microprocessors

This is not an all-inclusive list. Just what I have near me.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
Not very funny, Freehold. But I appreciate the effort. Last night, I had two episodes of Reflux. The Sun's out, it's a beautiful day, and I don't feel well. There's no justice. *Blegh* Sipping Mt. Dew to try to settle my stomach.

mountain dew for an upset tummy? Wouldn't ginger ale be better?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yes, if I had any right now. Mt. Dew is working well, right now. I'll let you know how well it worked later.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Scintillae wrote:
St. Louis style. Imo's is the best; screw both y'all's coasts.

Well, having a long and storied history of being "different", I have always bristled at people who say, "This is the best, and if you don't like it then you have no taste."

It's definitely an East Coast thing. West Coasters are more laid-back.

A good example is Impus Major: He doesn't particularly care for Rivoli. Yet I am still of the opinion he has excellent taste. His tastes just don't match mine. So when we're treating him to a restaurant, we go to Skates instead, which *I* think is inferior to Rivoli, but he feels is far superior.

And, being Californian, I see nothing wrong with that.

The New York-style, get-in-your-face-and-yell-at-you-that-you're-wrong is just irritating to me...

Completely agree. I just never get a chance to rep for the Midwest. :D

The New York attitude is why, despite being a theatre fangirl who would love Broadway, I have zero interest in ever visiting the city.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You guys are just so wrong. Swedish pizza is where it's at. Thin crust, tomato sauce and cheese, plus whatever other stuff you want on it. A specialty is chicken, banana and curry pizza. Sometimes with pineapple.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Scintillae wrote:
St. Louis style. Imo's is the best; screw both y'all's coasts.

Well, having a long and storied history of being "different", I have always bristled at people who say, "This is the best, and if you don't like it then you have no taste."

It's definitely an East Coast thing. West Coasters are more laid-back.

A good example is Impus Major: He doesn't particularly care for Rivoli. Yet I am still of the opinion he has excellent taste. His tastes just don't match mine. So when we're treating him to a restaurant, we go to Skates instead, which *I* think is inferior to Rivoli, but he feels is far superior.

And, being Californian, I see nothing wrong with that.

The New York-style, get-in-your-face-and-yell-at-you-that-you're-wrong is just irritating to me...

Completely agree. I just never get a chance to rep for the Midwest. :D

The New York attitude is why, despite being a theatre fangirl who would love Broadway, I have zero interest in ever visiting the city.

youre missing out. We are warm and friendly people who will help you to the best of our ability, so long as you are not breaking one of our sacred rules.

Yes, pizza is a sacred rule.

Other sacred rules include NOT stopping in the middle of the sidewalk when we are trying to get somewhere, asking really, REALLY stupid questions(the WTC thing got old really quickly, as are any ignorant questions regarding race/ethnicity/religion- people on this thread are not ignorant enough to ask some of the things i have heard over the years, so you're good), and trying to start a fight regarding local sports teams(Im not kidding. I hate going to the second job when the rangers are playing any of their rivals, a drunken fight usually breaks out).

That said, you know who has surprisingly good theatre? Connecticut. And they have AMAZING (non pizza based) food. If you cant do New York, you could do far worse than Connecticut. Check them out.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Best tasting pizza I ever had was in Traverse City, Michigan.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sissyl wrote:
You guys are just so wrong. Swedish pizza is where it's at. Thin crust, tomato sauce and cheese, plus whatever other stuff you want on it. A specialty is chicken, banana and curry pizza. Sometimes with pineapple.

That'd take your mind of the long winter nights, for sure. At least you could wear it for warmth.

Silver Crusade

5 people marked this as a favorite.

The best pizza I’ve had was in Naples, Italy. Everything stateside pales in comparison.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

So, this is SUCH a classic example of what frustrates me so much about working for Global Megacorporation that I don't know whether to laugh or cry:

(1) We received a mandate that the word "Custom" is far too confusing for customers, and needed to be excised from all training, documentation, and the product itself. While I'm not a big fan of, "Oh, it's obviously the words we are using that is confusing our customers, so let's just rename everything and that'll fix our customer satisfaction issues," it's really not a hard mandate to implement, so meh, whatever.

(2) As is absolutely, classically, 90% of "what is wrong with this company", it turns out that none of the developers were actually using the development tools they were supposed to be using. It's my biggest complaint about working here: We are provided software, templates, standards, training, and free reviews if we ask for them. Yet every single department does its own thing, because following the standards is apparently "too hard". (We are one of a handful of groups that actually uses the as-delivered standard templates, and even we have mild variations from them.)

(3) So the overall project has been pushed back TWO MONTHS because the devs didn't bother to use the correct tools.

(4) And yet, not a single person will ever be punished for this fiasco.

Ah, Global Megacorporation, will you never cease to amaze/amuse me?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
The best pizza I’ve had was in Naples, Italy. Everything stateside pales in comparison.

As usual, you win the thread.


Man, that took roughly forever to sign back in...

175,051 to 175,100 of 240,461 << first < prev | 3497 | 3498 | 3499 | 3500 | 3501 | 3502 | 3503 | 3504 | 3505 | 3506 | 3507 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.