Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

174,851 to 174,900 of 240,470 << first < prev | 3493 | 3494 | 3495 | 3496 | 3497 | 3498 | 3499 | 3500 | 3501 | 3502 | 3503 | next > last >>

3 people marked this as a favorite.

I don't know what collard greens are, unless they have something to do with turnips, in which case, hurrah for collard greens.

I don't know what Hot Diggity Dance Mickey Mouse is, either, and I'm not 100% sure that I want to.

Week off + all jobs done = beer for Limey, gods help us all.

EDIT: Beer for nudie Limey, and what a beautiful sight it is.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Xenthya, Nuzlocke Trainer wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Xenthya, Nuzlocke Trainer wrote:
Feeling like starting doing this thing again.
Yyyyuuuuusssssss

Comin' Round the Mountain

Also I'd forgotten how annoying and laggy Tumblr gets when you put a ton of stuff in one post.

bottom-of-page carryover

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:
I don't know what collard greens are, unless they have something to do with turnips, in which case, hurrah for collard greens.

They're a different cutting from the same plant that gives us cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, brussels sprouts, and several other things.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Awesome! I got paired with the heavy metal guitarist, the only other member of brute squad that actually works and isn't a d&!@%ead.


7 people marked this as a favorite.

Ahahahahahaha! My least favorite coworker no-call, no-showed. On Black Thursday.

He's fired.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I'm on big ticket items, so I don't even have to talk to people until they've already paid. :-)

And I get to do heavy lifting! Yay!!

Also, I'm on break.

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Also, I'm on break.

"It's always break time somewhere."


6 people marked this as a favorite.

The "Dysfunction Roulette" moment of the evening:

My uncle, whose line of work is custom-built bondage furniture, was talking about his new "specialty" line, and fielding questions, while sitting next to my 95 year old grandmother. Who, thankfully, is deaf as a post.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well, I'm a glass is half-full kind of guy. One of the pies is going in the trash, but the other's going to get eaten.

  • I was seriously wondering about 2 teaspoons of ground clove for 2 pies, and yep, those were some clove-y pies. The fresh whipped cream offset the cloves nicely, but they were still a bit overwhelming.
  • The fresh pumpkin didn't change the flavor much (yes, even through the cloves we could tell), and really gave it a chunky, mushy texture.
  • So everyone finished their piece, and NobodysWife pondered seconds, but everyone rated it an "acceptable" pie, rather than a "good" pie. Since I don't share "acceptable" food with friends, and the 4 of us aren't going to go through 1 1/2 pies, into the trash goes the second pie.

    On the other hand, I'm far too old to concern myself with the fate of failed cooking experiments...


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Yeah, two teaspoons does sound a bit excessive. Perhaps a half teaspoon per pie would be better.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    Who ever thought it would be a good idea to let people pick up layaways on Thanksgiving needs to have their idea privileges revoked.

    Shadow Lodge

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    captain yesterday wrote:
    Who ever thought it would be a good idea to let people pick up layaways on Thanksgiving needs to have their idea privileges revoked.

    The same person who decided "Black Friday" should actually start on Thanksgiving evening around 6 PM... or is it earlier now?


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    lisamarlene wrote:

    The "Dysfunction Roulette" moment of the evening:

    My uncle, whose line of work is custom-built bondage furniture, was talking about his new "specialty" line, and fielding questions, while sitting next to my 95 year old grandmother. Who, thankfully, is deaf as a post.

    calls uber, brings six pack to give to Lisamarlenes cool uncle


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    5 pm now.

    We had over 150 people lined up when we opened the doors.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    For reasons prohibited to discuss by the rules of this forum, I am now pissed off. This will probably persist until bed.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    Going to take my frustration out on little fictional critters.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Only two more hours left for me.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Xenthya, Nuzlocke Trainer wrote:
    Going to take my frustration out on little fictional critters.

    Oh f&&@.

    Shadow Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Thank goodness I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow and can just sleep in. That way if I end up getting stuck insomniac due to this I can just sleep later once I finally do pass out.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    NobodysHome wrote:

    Well, I'm a glass is half-full kind of guy. One of the pies is going in the trash, but the other's going to get eaten.

  • I was seriously wondering about 2 teaspoons of ground clove for 2 pies, and yep, those were some clove-y pies. The fresh whipped cream offset the cloves nicely, but they were still a bit overwhelming.
  • The fresh pumpkin didn't change the flavor much (yes, even through the cloves we could tell), and really gave it a chunky, mushy texture.
  • So everyone finished their piece, and NobodysWife pondered seconds, but everyone rated it an "acceptable" pie, rather than a "good" pie. Since I don't share "acceptable" food with friends, and the 4 of us aren't going to go through 1 1/2 pies, into the trash goes the second pie.

    On the other hand, I'm far too old to concern myself with the fate of failed cooking experiments...

    Hey, at least you disclovered something new.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Yep. My next pie will definitely go from "adequate" to "good".

    And that's how great pies are slowly born...


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    NobodysHome wrote:

    Well, I'm a glass is half-full kind of guy. One of the pies is going in the trash, but the other's going to get eaten.

  • I was seriously wondering about 2 teaspoons of ground clove for 2 pies, and yep, those were some clove-y pies. The fresh whipped cream offset the cloves nicely, but they were still a bit overwhelming.
  • The fresh pumpkin didn't change the flavor much (yes, even through the cloves we could tell), and really gave it a chunky, mushy texture.
  • So everyone finished their piece, and NobodysWife pondered seconds, but everyone rated it an "acceptable" pie, rather than a "good" pie. Since I don't share "acceptable" food with friends, and the 4 of us aren't going to go through 1 1/2 pies, into the trash goes the second pie.

    On the other hand, I'm far too old to concern myself with the fate of failed cooking experiments...

    o.O

    Lol. At that quantity of cloves I'm not sure it still qualifies as dessert, but it would make a lovely anesthetic if you happened to have a toothache. :P

    And yes, it's actually better to used canned pumpkin for pies. Save the fresh pumpkin for other things. I recommend steaming it with tamari sauce. Yum! ^.^


    4 people marked this as a favorite.

    Took many much cooking but thanksgiving feast was achieved. Turkey, brined and then cooked with orange slices, bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, star anise, cardamom, and nutmeg; Gluten free chestnut stuffing with Italian sausage; sweet potato casserole ( sweet potatoes, apples, butter, cinnamon, and crushed hazelnuts...my own recipe that I just made up last year); garlic mashed potatoes (did not turn out this year, do not know why); green beans almandine; cranberry orange relish; and crustless pumpkin pie for dessert.

    And the dishes are washed and everything.

    And I wrote my gorram words.

    Now I need to fall over into bed because I have to get up early tomorrow to go and have lots of blood drawn so they can do All The Tests to try and figure out what's wrong with me (this time).

    Hope you all had at least reasonably good holidays, and maybe even enjoyed the company of your family. I admit one of the things I am thankful for was that I can use my food allergies as a perfectly legit reason to not see extended family on thanksgiving. It's more fun this way. With so many less arguments. Also the kidlet liked it as he came to the table in his praetorian guard costume because reasons. He got cranberry sauce on his tunic. I said it looked like blood splashes. He likes the costume even better now.


    3 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    Yay! I survived the first night.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Congrats, Cap.


    4 people marked this as a favorite.

    Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone. Personally, I had the best Thanksgiving dinner I've had in years. My mom made pasta fagioli soup and garlic bread. May not sound like much to some, but since I loathe pretty much all the "classic" T-day foods, it was great. And the apple cobbler she made is pretty good too.


    4 people marked this as a favorite.

    Guinea pig bridge!

    Those are some chunky little piggies.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    Wow. I forgot how feast or famine this board was.

    *checks board* Hm, no updates in two hours.

    *checks half an hour later* Seventy updates?! WTF?!

    The Exchange

    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Everyone's spending time with their families.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    The Vagrant Erudite wrote:

    Wow. I forgot how feast or famine this board was.

    *checks board* Hm, no updates in two hours.

    *checks half an hour later* Seventy updates?! WTF?!

    everyone has the itis.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    Honestly, I really don't have much to say that doesn't sound like (or is) whining.

    Shadow Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    I just woke up >_>


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    Me too!


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    I got the Milano as a hot wheels (yeah, they do miniature space ships) for Starfinder.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    How do I know no one took the dog on his customary night walk while I was at work?

    Because he slept on my side of the bed farting it up.


    5 people marked this as a favorite.

    Well, *I* don't think this is political, but if it is, consider it my effort to give Fritzy some much-needed exercise:

    *MY* annual Black Friday tradition is to avoid leaving the house at all if at all possible, live off leftovers, and chuckle as the fights and mayhem break out across the country.

    Of course, even when I was a poor grad student I never understood the drive to stand in line just for a sale, so I'm not the target audience of Black Friday anyway. I abhor shopping as a competitive sport.

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

    I drove Cyz over to Build-a-Bear so she could pick up the gingerbread man that is only available today. Doesn’t look like the mall here is overrun with sale zombies. But this is about the first time we have ventured out on a Black Friday in awhile. I think we may have done something last year, but it was in the afternoon when most of the deals were over/sold out.


    3 people marked this as a favorite.
    lisamarlene wrote:

    The "Dysfunction Roulette" moment of the evening:

    My uncle, whose line of work is custom-built bondage furniture, was talking about his new "specialty" line, and fielding questions, while sitting next to my 95 year old grandmother. Who, thankfully, is deaf as a post.

    That beats a political discussion at a family gathering any day. :)


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    NobodysHome wrote:

    Well, *I* don't think this is political, but if it is, consider it my effort to give Fritzy some much-needed exercise:

    *MY* annual Black Friday tradition is to avoid leaving the house at all if at all possible, live off leftovers, and chuckle as the fights and mayhem break out across the country.

    Of course, even when I was a poor grad student I never understood the drive to stand in line just for a sale, so I'm not the target audience of Black Friday anyway. I abhor shopping as a competitive sport.

    Same here.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    TriOmegaZero wrote:
    I drove Cyz over to Build-a-Bear so she could pick up the gingerbread man that is only available today. Doesn’t look like the mall here is overrun with sale zombies. But this is about the first time we have ventured out on a Black Friday in awhile. I think we may have done something last year, but it was in the afternoon when most of the deals were over/sold out.

    I imagine the "excitement" dies down once that happens, so it might not be so bad later in the day. Still, I'd rather just stay in the house and avoid it all.


    5 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    Tiny T-Rex is still convinced Build A Bear hunts stuffed animals for bloodsport to skin and then resell them to poor unsuspecting children.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    Considering it's 20-40 dollars for each kid every time you go there I've chosen to not say anything to the contrary.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    I did go shopping with my mother last night, after we took my grandmother back to her apartment.

    But we just went to Sears because her oven died the day before Thanksgiving FOR THE SECOND TIME IN FIVE YEARS and she could get the new one for half-price if we went last night.

    Which, I feel, is a good excuse.

    The store was empty and there were nine appliance salespeople on duty, and they were all desperate and a bit creepy.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Xenthya, Nuzlocke Trainer wrote:
    Xenthya, Nuzlocke Trainer wrote:
    Tacticslion wrote:
    Xenthya, Nuzlocke Trainer wrote:
    Feeling like starting doing this thing again.
    Yyyyuuuuusssssss

    Comin' Round the Mountain

    Also I'd forgotten how annoying and laggy Tumblr gets when you put a ton of stuff in one post.

    bottom-of-page carryover

    My 'Mons Know What You Did In The Dark


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    Someone from Walmart (we assume) tried to buy up all our PS4s before we opened last night.

    An hour before we opened we got hit with a bunch of orders for it all from the same person.

    It didn't work because I noticed it almost immediately.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    captain yesterday wrote:

    Someone from Walmart (we assume) tried to buy up all our PS4s before we opened last night.

    An hour before we opened we got hit with a bunch of orders for it all from the same person.

    It didn't work because I noticed it almost immediately.

    The jack@$$es have their own warehouses. If they ran out of PS4's, it's their fault for not planning that far ahead. Don't they realize that they aren't penalized for carrying an overstocked item?

    Also, Good Morning, everyone.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    We all get what we get from Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft, which are scraps.

    Oh no, they buy it from us, we have to hold it in a secure location until it's picked up, after our sale is over they come in to pick it up and promptly return it.

    Shadow Lodge

    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    Wooooooooooow. Is that legal?


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    Yes, I think.

    Definitely not ethical. :-)

    But it didn't work because when the second order with the same name came in I alerted the store manager.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    Our store manager and the Walmart store manager do NOT get along.

    And to be fair, we also spy on them.

    Edit: And to be clear, it's all just conspiracy theorying by us on brute squad, we don't have proof, but if all else fails, blame Walmart.

    It could also have been an internet scalper itching to make a profit.

    174,851 to 174,900 of 240,470 << first < prev | 3493 | 3494 | 3495 | 3496 | 3497 | 3498 | 3499 | 3500 | 3501 | 3502 | 3503 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.