Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

174,001 to 174,050 of 243,730 << first < prev | 3476 | 3477 | 3478 | 3479 | 3480 | 3481 | 3482 | 3483 | 3484 | 3485 | 3486 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Your next assignment is Re: Zero.

I think you'll love the intrinsic morality/"what does it mean to be a 'good' person" in it.

EDIT: Ooh! And one of my favorite topics to boot: Nudity and morality are two totally disparate concepts.


Awesome! Forewarning: episode 16-and-onward is basically one large climax (yeah, that's about a third of Season 1). I mention this not to spoil, but to set aside time (either to binge, plan a break, or whatnot). I had to stop in the middle, and it was rough! Good news about it, though: most episodes don't involve long recaps + most of the time standing still and grunting! Despite having a full two people that basically came right out of Dragon Ball Z*!

(Also, I'm not kidding - when I was very sick and out of it and watching this show, I had to make sure I didn't somehow vague out and start watching DBZ on Netflix or... something... when the first one showed up.)

* Griamore and that one guy during that one time; look, you'll know exactly what I mean when you see it.


NobodysHome wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Your next assignment is Re: Zero.

I think you'll love the intrinsic morality/"what does it mean to be a 'good' person" in it.

But now I've gotta watch the apparently disappointing Season Twwwoooo...

... and after that I was thinking of Tiger and Bunny...

:/

(:D)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

And if lechery is viewed as an art, that should be honed until perfection and then unleashed on a unsuspecting world?

...

...

...

Gods I need a woman in my life!


Kjeldorn wrote:
And if lechery is viewed as an art, that should be honed until perfection an then unleashed on a unsuspecting world?

You'll have zero problems with it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Plan tonight is to help Team Chaos/Rainbow/Whatever they're calling themselves level up and get them all a harrow reading before we jump into Seven Days.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I've watched the first couple episodes of Castlevania and enjoyed it so far. I've been curious about Fate Apocolypse as well.


Come on, guys! That's:

Tiger and Bunny
Re: Zero
Castlevania

... that's too many!


For Freehold

EDIT: Seems New York is the middle of, "love cold, love heat" area.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

If it helps, I have no anime I can recommend.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Vanykrye wrote:
I've been curious about Fate Apocolypse as well.

It feels rushed and compacted into a smaller run than its story needs. I expect to see masters and servants dropping like flies. I wish we could get to know who is participating in this war, but with 14 master/servant pairs there just isn't time for deep characterization.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
So if any of you like Final Fantasy (Tactics, or otherwise), and can get past some lechery, the last Seven Deadly Sins is pretty great!

get..past? I don't understand.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Your next assignment is Re: Zero.

I think you'll love the intrinsic morality/"what does it mean to be a 'good' person" in it.

But now I've gotta watch the apparently disappointing Season Twwwoooo...

... and after that I was thinking of Tiger and Bunny...

:/

(:D)

TIGER AND BUNNY WOOOOOOO

One of my oldest friends is the tiger and bunny expert for my area, she has set up fan meet ups and commissioned artwork to show to the creator of the show. People have travelled across the country to meet her.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:

For Freehold

EDIT: Seems New York is the middle of, "love cold, love heat" area.

I curse our summers and praise our winters.

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I like how Flagstaff is on there but Phoenix is not.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
TOZ wrote:
I like how Flagstaff is on there but Phoenix is not.

those places sound like they lack snow and are therefore evil.

Shadow Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Flagstaff is four hours north and at an elevation where snow falls. I can drive up, see snow, then return to the Elemental Plane of Fire when I've had enough.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:
Plan tonight is to help Team Chaos/Rainbow/Whatever they're calling themselves level up and get them all a harrow reading before we jump into Seven Days.

Can't wait to read about how they'll handle the Vampires.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
If it helps, I have no anime I can recommend.

Don't worry, Cap'n. I've got enough recommendations for everybody. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:

Come on, guys! That's:

Tiger and Bunny
Re: Zero
Castlevania

... that's too many!

I liked the first few episodes of Castlevania as well, but it didn't keep us as riveted as Re: Zero.

I can't comment on Tiger and Bunny, as I haven't seen it.


6 people marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
Scintillae wrote:
Plan tonight is to help Team Chaos/Rainbow/Whatever they're calling themselves level up and get them all a harrow reading before we jump into Seven Days.
Can't wait to read about how they'll handle the Vampires.

You know how they'll deal with the vampires.

"I roll to flirt."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I am not an anime buff, and therefore I wouldn't take anything I say as a recommendation beyond "Stuff Vany has seen, which is very little, versus what he has enjoyed."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
TOZ wrote:
I like how Flagstaff is on there but Phoenix is not.

Similarly, I didn't see Chicago. Probably would have been jumbled in with Seoul, thereabouts.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Weird stuff and then a busy day: We saw the Fallout Boy concert at the Colosseum last night (or whatever stupid company bought the naming rights this time: The sign says "Oracle Arena" but the exit says "O.co Colosseum"). As is my wont, I wear earplugs because going deaf is not on my list of "things to do before I hit 70".

And the sound quality was abysmal. I honestly couldn't understand a word anyone was saying. Opening act 1 (Jaden Smith) was terrible enough that I didn't really care whether or not I could understand him. But opening act 2 (Black Bear) had some real talent, and even though I didn't care for his musical style, it would have been nice to hear his music clearly. Fallout Boy had similar audio issues: The whole thing sounded horrifically distorted.

Shiro insists that it sounded fine to him (no earplugs), and the issue was that my earplugs were blocking out all the treble, so of course it sounded awful. But I didn't have anything like these issues at the two Muse concerts, the Sabaton concert, or the TSO concert. Deeper basslines in all those bands' music or some such?

Just really weird how utterly terrible last night sounded with earplugs in.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

How can you tell the grocery store you go to caters to an elderly clientele.

They have digestive aids with all the other Thanksgiving Day supplies they are handily available at the front of the store.


NobodysHome wrote:
Fallout Boy concert

Wooooo~!

NobodysHome wrote:
Just really weird how utterly terrible last night sounded with earplugs in.

:/

That sucks!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Since I have a three day weekend come Saturday, I think I will figure out what to do this wekend.

Sleep
Pay Bills
Sleep
Clean cat pans
Sleep
See Justice League with a friend
Sleep
Mow Lawn
Sleep
Housecleaning
Sleep
Clean cat pans
Sleep
Play some modded Syrim on my X-Box One
Sleep
Sleep
Sleep
Clean cat pans
Sleep
Finish Mowing Lawn
Sleep
Clean cat pans
Sleep

Got to love the night shift.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

...someone went full 'Jeff Goldblum' on a product review. Not me.

NEVER go full 'Jeff Goldblum'...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

"Hey Hoyle! You like having insides? Cause my brother's gonna turn them into outsides!" Ephraim Junger, from Quickdraw.


8 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

The manager asked me somewhat sarcastically if I was excited for working on thanksgiving. I said, enthusiastically "Absolutely!" she stopped for a minute and said "really!?!" to which I said "Well yeah, it's the one day of the year I get paid a living wage"


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Someone asked me if I was working Thanksgiving day.

My exuberance shocked them.

"But... don't you want to be with your family and prepare dinner and socialize?"

My response was very direct. "Nope."

"Well, uh, do you get paid for it, at least?"

"YEP!"

EDIT:

Math:
On six major holidays a year, by contract, full-time associates get a day of holiday pay, and by virtue of being with the company for a good long while I get paid overtime for it. So this equates to 1+1.5xnormal pay for working one 8 hour day.

In addition, because I front-load the week with a request at the start of the year, I don't have to work on the blackest of retail days, or the weekend. So win-win-win-win.

I typically go to a convention on Thanksgiving weekend to minimize family contact at Thanksgiving-time (otherwise we'd probably be calling the police with some of the ways family discussions would go...).


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Weird stuff and then a busy day: We saw the Fallout Boy concert at the Colosseum last night (or whatever stupid company bought the naming rights this time: The sign says "Oracle Arena" but the exit says "O.co Colosseum"). As is my wont, I wear earplugs because going deaf is not on my list of "things to do before I hit 70".

And the sound quality was abysmal. I honestly couldn't understand a word anyone was saying. Opening act 1 (Jaden Smith) was terrible enough that I didn't really care whether or not I could understand him. But opening act 2 (Black Bear) had some real talent, and even though I didn't care for his musical style, it would have been nice to hear his music clearly. Fallout Boy had similar audio issues: The whole thing sounded horrifically distorted.

Shiro insists that it sounded fine to him (no earplugs), and the issue was that my earplugs were blocking out all the treble, so of course it sounded awful. But I didn't have anything like these issues at the two Muse concerts, the Sabaton concert, or the TSO concert. Deeper basslines in all those bands' music or some such?

Just really weird how utterly terrible last night sounded with earplugs in.

its fallout boy, jaden smith and one other. Gonna be treble heavy man.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Back when I was working at a video store, the UPS guy showed up on Memorial Day. We asked him, "What are you doing here?"
"Making triple time, baby! $81 an hour! Where do I sign up?"

We never asked him why he showed up on holidays again.

Silver Crusade

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Echoing the above. Give. Me. The. Holiday. Monies.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Isn't Jaden Smith the son of Will Smith?

Did he wash out as an actor already.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Trolling At The Movies wrote:

Isn't Jaden Smith the son of Will Smith?

Did he wash out as an actor already.

Yes, he's Will Smith's son. I was far unkinder than NobodysWife in my evaluation: I saw a lot of energy and "trying", but not any particular talent to speak of. At 50 years old and 30 pounds overweight, I could train for 2-3 months and put on an equally-good "show". His voice wasn't good, his dancing wasn't impressive, his rapping was mediocre or worse, and all in all I just saw nothing but a pouty teenager angry at being overshadowed by his dad.

NobodysWife feels like he has it really hard, as his dad started off as a rapper, hit it big, and then hit it even bigger as an actor. So he has huge shoes to feel, and he's trying to do something "different" ("punk rap") and it just isn't working for him. But she adored him for trying and putting so much energy into it. She just had to agree that he wasn't very good.

Black Bear was such a contrast: A huge amount of talent, great showmanship, and a bunch of music we didn't like. Can't fault him for our tastes, so I give him credit for putting on a good show. That I didn't like. :-P


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:
Echoing the above. Give. Me. The. Holiday. Monies.

Meh. I'm salaried. If I'm working on a holiday it's because I didn't hit my deadline. I get no (more) money for it.

On the other hand, I'm salaried, so if I hit my deadlines I'm getting paid for sitting around at home.

Not a bad gig if you can get it.

EDIT: Cue lisamarlene: "You sack of bull excrement! You get paid for sitting around at home every day!" And I'm afraid I couldn't argue...

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

My contract doesn't allow me overtime, so I just get to take the pay hit by not working. Maybe one day I will be salaried again.


Ack! Wei Ji has posted and I haven't updated my question and am not at home to dooooo soooooooo

#pickingupkids


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Somehow, I'm still hourly. I average 10-12 hours of OT during a standard week for the last 4 years. I can't believe someone in payroll hasn't said something to my boss about that yet.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

My garage is closed on the Holidays, and my employer doesn't like paying people overtime. So, no extra money for me. :(


4 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Trolling At The Movies wrote:

Isn't Jaden Smith the son of Will Smith?

Did he wash out as an actor already.

Yes, he's Will Smith's son. I was far unkinder than NobodysWife in my evaluation: I saw a lot of energy and "trying", but not any particular talent to speak of. At 50 years old and 30 pounds overweight, I could train for 2-3 months and put on an equally-good "show". His voice wasn't good, his dancing wasn't impressive, his rapping was mediocre or worse, and all in all I just saw nothing but a pouty teenager angry at being overshadowed by his dad.

NobodysWife feels like he has it really hard, as his dad started off as a rapper, hit it big, and then hit it even bigger as an actor. So he has huge shoes to feel, and he's trying to do something "different" ("punk rap") and it just isn't working for him. But she adored him for trying and putting so much energy into it. She just had to agree that he wasn't very good.

Black Bear was such a contrast: A huge amount of talent, great showmanship, and a bunch of music we didn't like. Can't fault him for our tastes, so I give him credit for putting on a good show. That I didn't like. :-P

Will Smith is the poster child for "lucky". This isn't to say he is untalented- he clearly is good at what he does, a few bad movies bedamned- but he got a LOOOOOOOOOOT of breaks in the business that someone equally talented wouldn't have gotten due to Dame Fortuna's influence. It's strange to say, but I wouldn't want to be his kid. Nothing I did would ever come close to someone as eclectic and talented as my old man. The man is lightning in a bottle.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I admit I like his early music.


Okay.

Okay, okay.

Okay, okay, okay, okay.

Okay!

I'd originally been planning on updating this once per page.

HAH! FaWtL put a stop to that~!

Original Post with a question for everyone to answer!

YAY!

-------------------------------------------
And now the results so far of EverFaWtL:

01) aatea: ________________________

02) CH: ________________________

03) Crookshanks: ___________________

04) CY: medium (brute vigilante archetype); mammoth rider PrC

05) doctor_wu: investigator (tetori monk archetype; for better hugging); ??? <no PrC suggested>

06) Drejk: psychic OR int-based sorcerer (archeologist bard archetype); ??? <no PrC suggested>

07) Freehold: martial artist monk/lust wizard (solacer bard archetype); ??? <no PrC suggested>

08) Game Hamster: cleric (archetype granting smite evil or inquisition??); ??? <no PrC suggested>

09) gran: wizard (warrior of the holy light paladin archetype); PrCs (I'unno, maybe being "that guy" - i.e. me - who wants a non-evil assassin?)

10) Icy: ______________

11) J4rh43d: empericist investigator (with blossoming light cleric archetype) OR blossoming light cleric (with empericist investigator archetype)... OR paladin (with blossoming light cleric archetype); good sanguine angel OR alchemist/brewkeeper OR wizard/<any full casting PrC to fix stuff>

12) Jess Door: Paladin (archeologist bard archetype?); Loremaster [ALT/ADTL: just a cat]

13) John (Napier): Traveller d20 Grand Admiral [Imperial subrank “archetype”] OR Gunslinger (bounty hunter slayer archetype); duelist PrC

14) Kileanna: __________________

15) Kjeldorn: druid (archivist bard archetype); home brew paladin PrC OR brewkeeper PrC (lacking religious flavor)

16) Limey: fighter/rogue/mage (all with the musketeer archetype); toss up (duelist, eldritch knight, assassin [3.5] not evil... automatically)

17) lisamarlene: in need of coffee PATHFINDER CHRONICLER, ALL ELSE MEANINGLESS (it’s close to being Indiana Jones! Squee!)

18) lynora: witch (crashing wave cleric archetype water bending); ??? <no PrC suggested> :)

19) NH: paladin of some sort, and definitely not the Core PrCs or the early archetypes thereof! (also, as of lisamarlene, is now given bonus levels in grumpy-pants! lucky! I'm stuck waiting 'til 80 to take levels in that, and he gets epic levels now~! Maaaaaannnnnnnn some people just win... ;D)

20) Orthos: wilder (unknown archetype that nabs Dark Knowledge from Heroes of Horror); wilder/dragonfire adept/<the PrC that combines those>

21) Scint: alchemist (archavist bard archetype; yay know-it-all mad science (so basically a female Bill Nye, which is now the coolest thing ever)); "soracle" theurge (sorcerer/oracle/theurge)

22) Sharoth: _________________________

23) Sissyl: NO ARCHETYPES; optimized cleric/wizard/mystic theurge

24) Syrus: warpriest [Healing, Tactics domains] (unknown archetype of something for smite and/or marshal auras); Evangelist (with The Deity ;D)

25) Thomas Seitz (look, I know you've been hanging around, because you just favorited a post of mine I'm secretly psychic!): Paladin, duh!; ??? <no PrC suggested>

26) Me!: psionic erudite (unifier tactician archetype) or erudite/wizard/cerebromancer

27) TOZ: Oracle (Unbreakable Fighter archetype); Oracle/Holy Vindicator (sneaking suspicion that he may, just possibly, perhaps, have a type)

28) TS: fellow erudite psion with some “expanded knowledge” feat-focused archetype (OR a wizard with access to both wish spells, and the missing 9th level wizard spells); any PrC with +1 ML (and/or +1 CL) per level (“thou shalt not sacrifice…”)

29) Vanykrye: kensai magus (empericist investigator archetype); paladin/monk/<Iroran Paladin-monk-PrC>

30) Vidmaster: magus sorcerer (with the celeberty bard archetype) or bard (with the spell blade magus archetype); ??? <no PrC suggested>

31) Wei Ji: __________________

... and since I know for a fact that a certain Chinese kitty sometimes hangs out over hear (but rarely posts anything!! >:I): Mort. Just... Just a Mort.: wizard (urban ranger archetype); student of war PrC (oh: and/or assassin?)

Enjoy!

And now, some random stats I noticed:
- 5/32: unanswered
- 25/32: at least partially answered
- 15/32: fully answered
- 09/32: totally followed the all the rules!
All answers are totally valid; I was just interested in statistics. XD


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I am a level 20 commoner that is afraid of housecats.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I am on call Thanksgiving Day and the following weekend. From 7 am to 7 pm it is 2 hours of OT or what I work. From 7 pm to 7 am it is 3 hours of OT or whatever I work. I do my best to make sure I am done in under an hour and out of there. Sadly, I expect it to be quiet this weekend and Thanksgiving.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Scintillae wrote:
Plan tonight is to help Team Chaos/Rainbow/Whatever they're calling themselves level up and get them all a harrow reading before we jump into Seven Days.
Can't wait to read about how they'll handle the Vampires.

You know how they'll deal with the vampires.

"I roll to flirt."

I love these players.

Have I mentioned I love these players? Because I do.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

"We watched one of those inspirational videos, except this time it was actually inspirational and not bull crap" - Crookshanks.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

So, Lucky has now joined Mercedes Benz in my "too early Christmas" boycott. Again, not a store I ever darken the doors of, but it's the principle of the thing, darn it!

Their sin? Selling Christmas trees starting on November 24.

Considering I buy my tree the week before (usually the 21st or 22nd) and then keep it for the 12 days of Christmas (which I'm likely getting wrong) and after just over two weeks the thing is already showing obvious signs of dying, I cannot imagine buying a tree a full month before Christmas and expecting anything other than a nasty brown rotting thing in the living room for Christmas morning.

NobodysHome's Story Time:
One January I was driving the gang around on the back roads in my 1970 Volvo when we spotted a discarded Christmas tree just lying by the side of the road. Being intelligent young men, we decided to burn it.

It took me a great deal of work to convince my friends to move it to the dead center of the road so it wouldn't risk starting a forest fire. NobodysWife provided the lighter and hairspray, and...
...oh, my, GOODNESS! Now I know why Christmas trees are such a fire hazard! That thing went up like it was soaked in gasoline!

So as we heard sirens in the distance (an amazingly fast response for a burning 6' tree in the middle of the wilderness) and I was trying to drive off, our resident "sociopath" just stood there, staring at the flames. So I started driving off with the back open. He eventually sprinted, caught up, and dove in...
...and we got to see the fire engines racing in the opposite direction.

Good to know they were so diligent, but honestly, I was very careful to make sure nothing burned except the tree.

In the middle of the road, yes, but still...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

We get our tree during the first measurable snowfall, it's more cliche that way.

174,001 to 174,050 of 243,730 << first < prev | 3476 | 3477 | 3478 | 3479 | 3480 | 3481 | 3482 | 3483 | 3484 | 3485 | 3486 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.