Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

169,901 to 169,950 of 235,553 << first < prev | 3394 | 3395 | 3396 | 3397 | 3398 | 3399 | 3400 | 3401 | 3402 | 3403 | 3404 | next > last >>

5 people marked this as a favorite.

Since Freehold is on edge anyway, I'll post something tangentially political about my Serpent's Skull game:

Just to irritate Freehold:
As I told NobodysWife last night, having Voren and Athelya's players planning your tactics is like having Donald Trump a certain strangely-melanined individual and Ronald McDonald running your country... it will not end well...

EDIT: Woo hoo! AND posting nekkid! Going the whole nine yards!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Since Freehold is on edge anyway, I'll post something tangentially political about my Serpent's Skull game:

** spoiler omitted **
EDIT: Woo hoo! AND posting nekkid! Going the whole nine yards!

fires flaming bike cannon blindly, taking care to miss Nobodyswife, lisamarlene, however


NobodysHome wrote:

Ah, ambition, you wonderful thing, you!

After my brother's failed attempt to help me put up the drywall (he helped with one piece, and installed it crooked because he was in a hurry), I went ahead and bought the drywall lift. Since I never throw away the packaging until I'm sure the item I purchased works, the 18" x 48" box top is sitting on our kitchen floor.

Our Calico has decided that she is going to fill it entirely. So she's sitting in the middle of it, stretching out, moving around, and desperately trying to fill the entire space. And looking cranky that she can't.

"It's a cardboard box! I MUST fill it! What foul witchery is this?!?!?"

Ahem.

(Alternate translation.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Androids (not the phone) - Isaac Arthur


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:

Well I knew you were cool, my dude, but...

#ignores spoilers because can't believe that that's really a thing

What, private/closed gun classes, or mother-in-laws going to gun classes?

Or something else, I am more than a bit sleep deprived atm.


Tequila Sunrise wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:

Well I knew you were cool, my dude, but...

#ignores spoilers because can't believe that that's really a thing

What, private/closed gun classes, or mother-in-laws going to gun classes?

Or something else, I am more than a bit sleep deprived atm.

No, I meant the thing with... eh... a political... person.

>.>

The linked thing about postponing stuff.

I'm... that's just confusing.


By the way: my post is not to be construed in any way that you are less than cool. I'm super hyped about you teaching that class!

Rather, I'm confounded by the poll, its results, and find it hard to accept that such a thing is real, even though I very much doubt it's a lie. It's just... hm.

And that's all I'll say about that!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:

By the way: my post is not to be construed in any way that you are less than cool. I'm super hyped about you teaching that class!

Rather, I'm confounded by the poll, its results, and find it hard to accept that such a thing is real, even though I very much doubt it's a lie. It's just... hm.

And that's all I'll say about that!

Read the methodology towards the end of the article. "We asked a bunch of people who self-identified as believing that there was widespread voter fraud whether they thought voter fraud was an issue. They said, 'Yes.' We are alarmed by this."

It's a poorly-done alarmist article. I thought better of The Post.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:

By the way: my post is not to be construed in any way that you are less than cool. I'm super hyped about you teaching that class!

Rather, I'm confounded by the poll, its results, and find it hard to accept that such a thing is real, even though I very much doubt it's a lie. It's just... hm.

And that's all I'll say about that!

Yea. My thoughts on that article was "WTF?!? Are you kidding me?" Of course, now we start to refer to this video for an example of where THAT goes.


Hah! Yes. XD


Microwave ready-pasta? Check.
Canned tuna? Check.
Shelf-bought cheese dust? Check.
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light (the kind with no transfat)? Check.

FOOD IS ON, BABY


4 people marked this as a favorite.

WORKING AT THE COOOOOOOOOOOOOOON


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Stitches come out tomorrow. My doctor will be so surprised that I didn't pour whiskey over a pair of scissors and remove them myself!

My neighbor gave me great advice on how to get the site to stop itching though...just cut the stitches and pull the knots through the holes. Apparently it worked great when he had stitches in his gums. (NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

My forehead stitches dissolved on their own.

Or they're festering in my brain.

Only time will tell.


EDIT: this is in response to Vankyrie's post, not CY's.

NNNNNNNNNNNO.

*squick face*


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
My cats ignore laser pointers. It amused Mieko for about 3 minutes, then she "caught" it, realized it wasn't real, and traced the ray back to my hand. She then attacked the pointer device itself. Hasn't played with a laser pointer since.

Lol. Mordin did the same thing. And then a couple weeks later he decided that chasing the dot was more fun than having solved the puzzle. He knows it's not real. He knows I know he knows. But we just pretend that he's still actually trying to catch the dot. :)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

What i learned today.

It's impossible to watch Hellboy and get anything else done, despite how much you want to multitask.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:

EDIT: this is in response to Vankyrie's post, not CY's.

NNNNNNNNNNNO.

*squick face*

So, you're fine with me possibly having brain festering stitches.

No, no, it's fine, i get it.

Turns around to hide his sobbing.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:

Microwave ready-pasta? Check.

Canned tuna? Check.
Shelf-bought cheese dust? Check.
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light (the kind with no transfat)? Check.

FOOD IS ON, BABY

Great minds think alike. Because guess what I had for lunch.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Tom Cruise?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

No. Tuna Mac-n-Cheese.

There's nothing like sipping hot tea on a cold, rainy day.


Tacticslion wrote:

EDIT: this is in response to Vankyrie's post, not CY's.

NNNNNNNNNNNO.

*squick face*

Captain Yesterday's Moneymaker wrote:

So, you're fine with me possibly having brain festering stitches.

No, no, it's fine, i get it.

Turns around to hide his sobbing.

Eh, I'm not sure that particular condition would change much.

For either you or me - I mean, I don't technically have potentially brain stitches... that I remember.... but... it's kind of suspicious I don't remember having any, you know?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

So I'm organizing a basic gun safety & shooting private/closed class at a local range...spoilered for politics:

** spoiler omitted **

...And my mother-in-law wants in, after seeing me post the event on FB, and I'm not sure how I feel about that...again spoilered for politics:
** spoiler omitted **

I think this is awesome.

I am personally of the opinion that, if you live in a part of the country where guns are prevalent, you should take a basic gun safety course, just as if you live near water, you should take water safety/swimming. What we fear or don't understand has way too much power over us. I lived in deep red state areas all my life until I moved to Oakland, and you can damned well bet that I took a gun safety course as soon as I was old enough.
And, as it was in a rural stretch of the Gulf coast, all that was available was an NRA course, heavy on the ideology. Offering the instruction without the dogma is GREAT.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Mysteries of the Universe, Part #55428121:

  • If you put a chicken carcass in a pot with onions, carrots, celery, seasoning, wine, and water for 3 hours you create something wonderful
  • If you put skinless, boneless chicken breasts in a crock pot with onions, carrots, celery, seasoning, wine, and water for 3 hours you create something truly, despicably vile

  • Isn't chemistry amazing and mysterious? And fat. Gotta love fat.


    3 people marked this as a favorite.
    lisamarlene wrote:
    Tequila Sunrise wrote:

    So I'm organizing a basic gun safety & shooting private/closed class at a local range...spoilered for politics:

    ** spoiler omitted **

    ...And my mother-in-law wants in, after seeing me post the event on FB, and I'm not sure how I feel about that...again spoilered for politics:
    ** spoiler omitted **

    I think this is awesome.

    I am personally of the opinion that, if you live in a part of the country where guns are prevalent, you should take a basic gun safety course, just as if you live near water, you should take water safety/swimming. What we fear or don't understand has way too much power over us. I lived in deep red state areas all my life until I moved to Oakland, and you can damned well bet that I took a gun safety course as soon as I was old enough.
    And, as it was in a rural stretch of the Gulf coast, all that was available was an NRA course, heavy on the ideology. Offering the instruction without the dogma is GREAT.

    Hey, we have no guns in the house, nor will we ever have guns...

    ...but NobodysWife wants to find a good local gun safety course to take the kids to anyway.

    Because there are a lot of stupid gun owners out there, and our kids might visit one some day.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Tacticslion wrote:
    Tacticslion wrote:

    EDIT: this is in response to Vankyrie's post, not CY's.

    NNNNNNNNNNNO.

    *squick face*

    Captain Yesterday's Moneymaker wrote:

    So, you're fine with me possibly having brain festering stitches.

    No, no, it's fine, i get it.

    Turns around to hide his sobbing.

    Eh, I'm not sure that particular condition would change much.

    For either you or me - I mean, I don't technically have potentially brain stitches... that I remember.... but... it's kind of suspicious I don't remember having any, you know?

    If you look like a "volunteer" from Tim Burton's School of Textiles & Taxidermy you might have brain stitches.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Tacticslion wrote:

    Microwave ready-pasta? Check.

    Canned tuna? Check.
    Shelf-bought cheese dust? Check.
    I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light (the kind with no transfat)? Check.

    FOOD IS ON, BABY

    Cheese dust?

    Cheese dust?

    Cheese dust?

    Like fairy dust, but with more calcium.

    Or angel dust, but legal, and less likely to make you chew your own foot off.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Tacticslion wrote:
    By the way: my post is not to be construed in any way that you are less than cool. I'm super hyped about you teaching that class!

    Oh no worries! In fact it seems I've misled you -- I'm just organizing, not teaching. I've fired all of about six rounds in my entire life. :)

    Tacticslion wrote:

    Rather, I'm confounded by the poll, its results, and find it hard to accept that such a thing is real, even though I very much doubt it's a lie. It's just... hm.

    And that's all I'll say about that!

    Yeah it's terribly heavy stuff to think about! But if you don't mind just a bit more gloominess,

    Nobody will be happier than I if history proves me wrong, but...

    Spoiler:
    I fully expect Trump to attempt a power grab if he thinks he can get away with it, and I expect many of us to do a double-take when we realize just how many of our fellow citizens are willing to laugh or simply shrug as our democracy backslides into an autocratic kleptocracy. AKA a modern sort of dictatorship, or a so-called banana republic. Where the guy at the top successfully manipulates the public into a cynical fake news-overloaded believe-what-feels-good leaderless and self-defeated mass, where the guy at the top then perverts and subverts the legislature and the courts into impotence or even nonexistance. All so that he and his cadre of political elites can enrich and empower themselves until their dying days.

    I am aware how this sounds, and again, nobody will be happier than I if history proves me wrong. But all the signs are there, and people all over the political spectrum have been talking about how Trump's words and actions reflect those of so many incipient dictators of the post-WW2 era. Including George W's speech writer, who wrote a very insightful article for the Atlantic which explains this much better than I can. (I can link to that Atlantic article if you're interested, but I don't want to overload you. ;)

    Though we progressives often like to call him dumb, Trump is anything but stupid -- there is a method to his incessant lies, the recent launch of his own personal "Trump TV" fake news channel, his constant stirring up of even banal past controversies, his apparently offhand comments about this or that event, his incitement of violence, his repeated slanderings of judges and other politicians even within his own party, his repeated and always-unsupported assertions that his election was rigged against him. It's all to keep his base aggrieved and angry, to warp public perception, to undermine checks and balances, to distract us from meaningful goings-on...and to prime us all for a power grab. He wants a fanatical low-info base who will support him no matter what, even to the point of violence; he wants a handicapped courts system and legislature; and he wants the rest of us to be so cynical, dispirited, and unsure what to believe that we laugh or simply shrug when he uses his so-called 'election fraud' commission to pressure Congress into postponing...then locking up his most outspoken political rivals...and then postponing again...and then locking up upitty judges, and more rivals...and then strong-arming the legislature and/or courts into eliminating presidential term limits altogether. And lo and behold, he somehow keeps getting elected until the day he dies.

    I don't blame you for not saying more on the subject, I don't even want to think about it myself. Because it's like thinking about a giant asteroid falling without Bruce Willis to save us -- it's so big and world-shattering and there's not much that any one of us can do about it. But I keep going back to last year, when Trump all but told all of America that he will stop at nothing in the pursuit of power, and the joyful cheers he got in response:

    I will totally accept the results of this great and historic presidential election...if I win!


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    NobodysHome wrote:

    Read the methodology towards the end of the article. "We asked a bunch of people who self-identified as believing that there was widespread voter fraud whether they thought voter fraud was an issue. They said, 'Yes.' We are alarmed by this."

    It's a poorly-done alarmist article. I thought better of The Post.

    Are you referring to this bit?

    Spoiler:
    Not surprisingly, beliefs about the 2016 election and voter fraud were correlated with support for postponement. People who believed that Trump won the popular vote, that there were millions of illegal votes in 2016, or that voter fraud is not rare were more likely to support postponing the election. This support was also more prevalent among Republicans who were younger, were less educated, had less factual knowledge of politics and strongly identified with the party.

    Because as I read it, that bit is within the context of the overall survey, which is every bit as alarming as it sounds:

    ...

    Spoiler:
    Nearly half of Republicans (47 percent) believe that Trump won the popular vote, which is similar to this finding. Larger fractions believe that millions of illegal immigrants voted (68 percent) and that voter fraud happens somewhat or very often (73 percent). Again, this is similar to previous polls.

    Moreover, 52 percent said that they would support postponing the 2020 election, and 56 percent said they would do so if both Trump and Republicans in Congress proposed this.


    In other words the way I read it, "We did a survey of self-identified R's, and found that an alarming number of them said they'd be totally cool with postponing. And not surprisingly, within the survey of R's polled, those with conspiracy theory beliefs are most likely to support postponement. Also those of high partisanship / low education / young age."


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Limeylongears wrote:
    Tacticslion wrote:

    Microwave ready-pasta? Check.

    Canned tuna? Check.
    Shelf-bought cheese dust? Check.
    I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light (the kind with no transfat)? Check.

    FOOD IS ON, BABY

    Cheese dust?

    Cheese dust?

    Cheese dust?

    Like fairy dust, but with more calcium.

    Or angel dust, but legal, and less likely to make you chew your own foot off.

    It's Parmesan. You decide.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Limeylongears wrote:


    Cheese dust?

    Cheese dust?

    Cheese dust?

    Like fairy dust, but with more calcium.

    Or angel dust, but legal, and less likely to make you chew your own foot off.

    As far as I know, it is, quite literally, freeze dried cheese mixed with binders to make it "shakeable", and it can be no more than 8% sawdust. (Wal*Mart got in trouble because theirs was 12% sawdust.)

    In the U.S. it is a staple of the macaroni-and-cheese industry: Add pasta and milk or water, and you have an inexpensive-but-tasty dish. Add tuna and butter and it really is remarkably delicious. As long as you don't consider that your diet consists of refined starches, fat, salt, and sawdust...

    Personally, I *loved* it on spaghetti and meatballs when I was a kid...


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Tequila Sunrise wrote:
    NobodysHome wrote:

    Read the methodology towards the end of the article. "We asked a bunch of people who self-identified as believing that there was widespread voter fraud whether they thought voter fraud was an issue. They said, 'Yes.' We are alarmed by this."

    It's a poorly-done alarmist article. I thought better of The Post.

    Are you referring to this bit?

    ** spoiler omitted **
    Because as I read it, that bit is within the context of the overall survey, which is every bit as alarming as it sounds:

    ...** spoiler omitted **
    In other words the way I read it, "We did a survey of self-identified R's, and found that an alarming number of them said they'd be totally cool with postponing. And not surprisingly, within the survey of R's polled, those with conspiracy theory beliefs are most likely to support postponement. Also those of high partisanship / low education / low age."

    No; it's interesting. I don't know whether they revised the article between this morning and now, or whether I just misread it the first time. My initial take was that they first selected self-identified Republicans, then screened them further based on whether or not they believed voter fraud was widespread, then hit them with the worrisome questions.

    But you're right. On re-reading the methodology I don't see that. My major issue with the whole article is, "After a series of initial questions..."

    Do you know how easy it is to get anyone to say anything based on creating a series of carefully-worded "initial questions?"

    I'd really love to see the survey in its entirety to find out whether it's "real" or "baiting to generate headlines".

    The trouble with online sources: Did it get revised, or did I misread the first time? Probably the latter...


    Well, there's that kind, too!


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    TS: you're still super cool!


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    And if you're running around the boards favoriting everything, TL, why haven't you read my Serpent's Skull writeup yet?!?!?


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Comic book news!


    NobodysHome wrote:

    And if you're running around the boards favoriting everything, TL, why haven't you read my Serpent's Skull writeup yet?!?!?

    Laziness and/or doing it in my off-moments while not driving somewhere or interacting with people (like having just met the owners of my local game store) or not being forgetful.

    Oops!


    Captain Yesterday, FaWtL 6 News wrote:
    Comic book news!

    Awesome!


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    takes break from con

    physically throws flaming bikes at NobodysHome

    cries to Nobodyswife, gets neosporin for burns

    returns to con


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Freehold DM wrote:

    takes break from con

    physically throws flaming bikes at NobodysHome

    cries to Nobodyswife, gets neosporin for burns

    returns to con

    wait a minute! Aren't I innocent at the moment?

    CY, I blame you!

    Because why not?


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    Some people want to go back in time and murder Hitler.

    I want to go back in time and murder the guy who first put sugar into peanut butter.


    5 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    So, you've obviously never had peanut butter made by Quakers.

    Not only will there be no sugar, but the peanuts will also be burnt.

    And oily. So much oil.


    4 people marked this as a favorite.

    Turns off burner under homemade chicken soup.
    Starts 19 pounds of ribs defrosting in bathtub.
    Sets aside 1/2 gallon of Everett & Jones BBQ sauce.
    Puts corn on the cob, asparagus, and potato salad on the Costco list.

    Wonders why the house suddenly smells like chocolate cake...


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    WHY DONT YOU LIVE ADJACENT TO ME YET


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    Lisamarlene, are your kids being good?


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    NobodysHome wrote:

    Turns off burner under homemade chicken soup.

    Starts 19 pounds of ribs defrosting in bathtub.
    Sets aside 1/2 gallon of Everett & Jones BBQ sauce.
    Puts corn on the cob, asparagus, and potato salad on the Costco list.

    Wonders why the house suddenly smells like chocolate cake...

    You never answered my email. At the risk of sounding like an idiot, is there anything I can bring?

    And I swear, if you answer with "If there is anything else you would like, feel free to bring it" I'm gonna scream.


    3 people marked this as a favorite.
    lisamarlene wrote:
    NobodysHome wrote:

    Turns off burner under homemade chicken soup.

    Starts 19 pounds of ribs defrosting in bathtub.
    Sets aside 1/2 gallon of Everett & Jones BBQ sauce.
    Puts corn on the cob, asparagus, and potato salad on the Costco list.

    Wonders why the house suddenly smells like chocolate cake...

    You never answered my email. At the risk of sounding like an idiot, is there anything I can bring?

    And I swear, if you answer with "If there is anything else you would like, feel free to bring it" I'm gonna scream.

    While I Paizo all the time while I'm at work because I can do it while I'm waiting for the application to do something on another tab, personal e-mail at work just takes more focus so I don't tend to do it.

    I'll think about it and let you know tonight.

    The honest answer: I'd rather you relax. You had a rough week. So I figure ribs, grilled corn on the cob, grilled asparagus, potato salad, and whatever random "snacks" Shiro brings will be plenty.
    If that list doesn't include things your kids will eat, bring stuff for them.

    Otherwise, Shiro provides...


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Freehold DM wrote:
    Lisamarlene, are your kids being good?

    Mostly! Valeros helped bake the last two dozen moon cakes for the school Autumn Moon Festival tomorrow.

    (We're making twelve dozen homemade moon cakes in my classroom. I don't want to smell another moon cake again for a while.)

    I only saw Hermione at rehearsal this morning, but she had clearly been practicing her lines.

    But Valeros threw a tantrum because he didn't like the school lunch. The cook is a very sweet elderly woman who has known him since he was a baby. I don't want him to hurt her feelings by complaining about the food.


    3 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    The kids found a giant dragonfly they thought was dead but was (and I'm quoting Wikipedia here) "trying to avoid the notice of males by pretending to be dead" or she could be pregnant.

    Either way it elicited all sorts of screams when they tried to carefully move what they thought was dead only for it to wag it's tail at them.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    The Python Tutorial

    169,901 to 169,950 of 235,553 << first < prev | 3394 | 3395 | 3396 | 3397 | 3398 | 3399 | 3400 | 3401 | 3402 | 3403 | 3404 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.