Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

164,701 to 164,750 of 247,139 << first < prev | 3290 | 3291 | 3292 | 3293 | 3294 | 3295 | 3296 | 3297 | 3298 | 3299 | 3300 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

A sentient towel would likely have a dry sense of humor.

I'm usually nekkid when using a towel.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You can trust a glue salesman. They always stick to their word.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So I just embarrassed a college friend on the book of faces in front of his conservative family.
He was telling a story about how he had just attended a screening and party for a film he had backed on Kickstarter, and how he had been able to meet Jodorowsky (it was his movie), and I asked him at what fundraising tier would he have received a piece of solid gold excrement.
Which I thought was at least passably funny.
Crickets.
And then he explained that no one else understood why it was a joke and just thought it in poor taste.
Whoops.
Now I feel like a piece of S---.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

So I just embarrassed a college friend on the book of faces in front of his conservative family.

He was telling a story about how he had just attended a screening and party for a film he had backed on Kickstarter, and how he had been able to meet Jodorowsky (it was his movie), and I asked him at what fundraising tier would he have received a piece of solid gold excrement.
Which I thought was at least passably funny.
Crickets.
And then he explained that no one else understood why it was a joke and just thought it in poor taste.
Whoops.
Now I feel like a piece of S---.

Be like Elsa. Let it go.

If he's a friend, and he understood the reference, he'll sort it out for you.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

...aaaaaand John's job is safe from our robot overlords...
...for now...


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Never send a Droid to do an Organic's Job.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm sorry, I couldn't get past "fell into a pond" without chortling.
They tried to make a "safe" dalek and it tried to drown itself in humiliation.
My day is better already.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*shrugs* What else can be said? *smirk* Droids.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

The K5 unit is not the droid they were looking for...

Spoiler:
That joke was so obvious I am both ashamed of myself and yet also befuddled that no one made it before me.

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Hmm, the commentators in the Starfinder Inspirations Blog are talking a lot about Firefly. And Outlaw Star.

I wonder how Freehold will react.

Shadow Lodge

4 people marked this as a favorite.

Poorly.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

He'll probably deny it's existence. Loudly. And with a great deal of alcohol.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
Never send a Droid to do an Organic's Job.

that's "meatbag" to you.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:

Hmm, the commentators in the Starfinder Inspirations Blog are talking a lot about Firefly. And Outlaw Star.

I wonder how Freehold will react.

foams at mouth, goes insane


1 person marked this as a favorite.

My insomnia is now catching up to me. Nodding off at keyboard. Going to take a nap.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Never send a Droid to do an Organic's Job.
that's "meatbag" to you.

Huzzah!! HK-47 reference!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Game Hamster wrote:

The K5 unit is not the droid they were looking for...

** spoiler omitted **

Whingey Wizzard's response was, "I'm sorry; they build an R2 unit and were surprised when it had difficulty with changes in terrain? What were they thinking?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:
The Game Hamster wrote:

The K5 unit is not the droid they were looking for...

** spoiler omitted **

Whingey Wizzard's response was, "I'm sorry; they build an R2 unit and were surprised when it had difficulty with changes in terrain? What were they thinking?"

Maybe they were thinking about execrable prequels where R2 units can fly, as opposed to chronologically-later movies where they can't.

EDIT: And I found a wonderful Star Wars geek site where they were trying to figure out some way to explain it by canon, and the final explanation was, "The rocket thrusters have a 20-year limited warranty, so by the time Episodes 4, 5, and 6 came out, the warranty had expired and they didn't work any more..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
The Game Hamster wrote:

The K5 unit is not the droid they were looking for...

** spoiler omitted **

Whingey Wizzard's response was, "I'm sorry; they build an R2 unit and were surprised when it had difficulty with changes in terrain? What were they thinking?"

Maybe they were thinking about execrable prequels where R2 units can fly, as opposed to chronologically-later movies where they can't.

EDIT: And I found a wonderful Star Wars geek site where they were trying to figure out some way to explain it by canon, and the final explanation was, "The rocket thrusters have a 20-year limited warranty, so by the time Episodes 4, 5, and 6 came out, the warranty had expired and they didn't work any more..."

good thinking.

It's also why there are new series droid every year.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Off to bed...

Not written anything today. Not even played much.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So tired.

Fevered eldest last night.

Fortunately, he is mostly better today. Mostly...


Oh! And we may or may not have an eye infection! Yyyyyyyaaaaayyyy...?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Oh! And we may or may not have an eye infection! Yyyyyyyaaaaayyyy...?

As long as it's not 27 contact lenses.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

OK. A lot of you have experience in construction. I'm back to trying to drywall the garage, and I'm at the point that I'm drywalling the ceiling.

So, short of having 4' arms and a prodigious strength, is it possible to do that alone?

At the moment, my imagined logistics are, "NobodysHome puts the drywall in place, puts in 5-6 screws to hold one corner up, turns around to put screws in the other corner, his weight shifts, and the corner of drywall he just screwed in breaks off. Much cursing ensues."

I don't think either Impus Major nor Impus Minor have the strength to hold up a full sheet of drywall, nor the manual dexterity to put in the screws, and last time I checked NobodysWife had a bad shoulder so that it would be very painful for her, so I'm wondering whether there's a trick (short of brute force) to doing it solo.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Definitely do that with help. I've had to hold up dry wall, by myself, with six fingers, whilst my grandfather put in nails via nail gun. Not only was it not fun, but was incredibly difficult.

Edit: I was 14-16 at the time, so they may surprise you, especially if they work together.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Maybe you could rent a crane with a basket. Lay the drywall flat on top of the basket, and use the remote control to lift the drywall into position. Then have people on ladders fasten the drywall to the ceiling.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
The Game Hamster wrote:

Definitely do that with help. I've had to hold up dry wall, by myself, with six fingers, whilst my grandfather put in nails via nail gun. Not only was it not fun, but was incredibly difficult.

Edit: I was 14-16 at the time, so they may surprise you, especially if they work together.

LOL. Your grandfather is like my father. "OK, kid! You're young and resilient! You do the hard labor!"

I was going to have Impus Major put in the screws while I stood there with the drywall on my head. (I've had worse.)

Unfortunately, as I started putting this plan in motion I encountered flaw #1: NobodysHome's overestimation of the power of friction.

4' of 3" thick insulation running through a 16" channel gives you 384 square inches of surface friction. Plenty to hold up a pound or two of insulation, right?

Er... not so much.

I need to swing by the hardware store to get insulation straps so the insulation, y'know, actually STAYS IN THE CEILING instead of cheerfully flopping onto my head, which, while playful, is less than useful.

I pondered trying to save a few bucks by using masking tape or duct tape, but if NobodysWife came home to find me wrapped in duct tape and denim insulation, she'd just roll her eyes and say, "Whatever it is, honey, I'm not into it."

So since I don't have any significant free time until Saturday (stoopid kids' camps), I guess I'm stuck with the far-more-conventional "move a bunch of furniture and drywall the north wall". A lot more physical labor, but far fewer logistical issues.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Oh! And we may or may not have an eye infection! Yyyyyyyaaaaayyyy...?

Okay, so, it doesn't look like an eye "infection" (or at least not a major one, like pink-eye) as of both optometrist-assistant and pharmacist - instead, it seems like "stye" - something both people we queried today likened to a pimple. Apparently, warm compresses all around, and baby shampoo. Weeeeeeeeeeeeee~!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
The Game Hamster wrote:

Definitely do that with help. I've had to hold up dry wall, by myself, with six fingers, whilst my grandfather put in nails via nail gun. Not only was it not fun, but was incredibly difficult.

Edit: I was 14-16 at the time, so they may surprise you, especially if they work together.

LOL. Your grandfather is like my father. "OK, kid! You're young and resilient! You do the hard labor!

More like I was the one with acrophobia, so I'll stay on the porch while the older more experienced guy leans over the fifteen foot drop, with a heavy nail gun in hand.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
I pondered trying to save a few bucks by using masking tape or duct tape, but if NobodysWife came home to find me wrapped in duct tape and denim insulation, she'd just roll her eyes and say, "Whatever it is, honey, I'm not into it."

Heard that FHDM? You won't disguise yourself as NobodysHome that way...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

OK. A lot of you have experience in construction. I'm back to trying to drywall the garage, and I'm at the point that I'm drywalling the ceiling.

So, short of having 4' arms and a prodigious strength, is it possible to do that alone?

At the moment, my imagined logistics are, "NobodysHome puts the drywall in place, puts in 5-6 screws to hold one corner up, turns around to put screws in the other corner, his weight shifts, and the corner of drywall he just screwed in breaks off. Much cursing ensues."

I don't think either Impus Major nor Impus Minor have the strength to hold up a full sheet of drywall, nor the manual dexterity to put in the screws, and last time I checked NobodysWife had a bad shoulder so that it would be very painful for her, so I'm wondering whether there's a trick (short of brute force) to doing it solo.

Do you have a ladder that you can put under the drywall, and then stack boxes/books/whatever on top of so that it holds the drywall at the right height? That could maybe work. Maybe. Or if you have some 2x4s or whatnot laying around, you could try and build a stand to hold the drywall up with.

Edit: Or maybe this would help more than me making some random guesses.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Or, if you have a couple hundred bucks leftover from your Hawaiian vacation, you could buy a drywall lift. Or, see if there is a hardware store or other such place nearby that rents them out.

Or, you could always head over to your local Home Depot/Lowes/whatever nice and early one day and pick up a couple of day laborers. If you're into that sort of thing.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Enough of the serious stuff. Joke time now.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

If a couple of blackbirds were really good at holding things together, would that make them vel-crows?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You should protect your hearing. After all, it's ear-replaceable.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Whenever there is an earthquake, geologists are quick to find fault.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Why did the pig stop sunbathing? Because he was bacon in the heat.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

My fear of roses is a thorny issue. I'm not sure what it stems from, but I'm likely stuck with it.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

What did the man say when a bridge fell on him? This suspension is killing me!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Did you hear the story about the haunted refrigerator? It's chilling.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Novice sailors are bad singers because they can't hit the high seas.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I got a job selling farm equipment. We guarantee satisfaction on all our products, except one. The manure spreader. We won't stand behind it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I think I'll hire the same landscaper I used last year. He was really easy to get a lawn with.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sleeping comes so naturally to me that I could do it with my eyes closed.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

What's a thesaurus' favorite dessert? Synonym buns.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

My tailor is always happy to make a pair of pants, or at least sew it seams.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The Balloon family name died off when it ran out of heir.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Is the best place to imprison a skeleton in a rib cage?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

If a female sheep turns around and walks the other way, could you say she made a ewe turn?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Proper punctuation makes the difference between a sentence that's well-written, and one that's well, written.

164,701 to 164,750 of 247,139 << first < prev | 3290 | 3291 | 3292 | 3293 | 3294 | 3295 | 3296 | 3297 | 3298 | 3299 | 3300 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.