Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

164,301 to 164,350 of 243,196 << first < prev | 3282 | 3283 | 3284 | 3285 | 3286 | 3287 | 3288 | 3289 | 3290 | 3291 | 3292 | next > last >>

4 people marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
The last time I was someone's type was when I donated blood.

You're lucky. I went last week to donate blood and they rejected me! It seems I wasn't their type either (or it could have something to do with anaemia xD)

Edit: They told me to undress my arm... But I never liked to leave things half done.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Edit: Also kileanna is nekkid^^

So my manager and assistant manager quit today out of the blue. Should be an interesting next few weeks.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Maybe if Kileanna had gone to the donation center nekkid they would have accepted her.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I would never turn her away. Especially nekkid.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:

Edit: Also kileanna is nekkid^^

So my manager and assistant manager quit today out of the blue. Should be an interesting next few weeks.

Ahh, no management. I'm glad that we aren't going through that again. Good luck.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Yeah well im third shift so how bad could it be?

*one week later*

*crying in corner*

MADNESS ABJECT MADNESS


2 people marked this as a favorite.

This week I change contract again, even though I'll be staying on the same place (emergency lab) for the full summer. But the change means that I will only have 1 day off this week again instead of 2. Well, I cannot complain, as my income will raise a bit thanks to having less days off than usual (about €60 for each extra day, which is not bad)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Being 3rd shift as well, I missed a lot of the nonsense, but it still affected me. Mainly because we had some useless 2nd shift people who didn't do their jobs because no-one was there to make them, and also since there was no-one to order supplies like paper and breakfast foods.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Being 3rd shift as well, I missed a lot of the nonsense, but it still affected me. Mainly because we had some useless 2nd shift people who didn't do their jobs because no-one was there to make them, and also since there was no-one to order supplies like paper and breakfast foods.

You practically describing my life. In fact I just got done finishing what my second shift didn't do.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Cobbler should be done in 5 minutes or so. Smells so good.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Being 3rd shift as well, I missed a lot of the nonsense, but it still affected me. Mainly because we had some useless 2nd shift people who didn't do their jobs because no-one was there to make them, and also since there was no-one to order supplies like paper and breakfast foods.
You practically describing my life. In fact I just got done finishing what my second shift didn't do.

I think it's probably pretty universal.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I think Ill start looking for another job just in case.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Cobbler is done. Out of the oven, cooling just enough that it won't burn my mouth and so the filling can set a bit. Then I'll enjoy some with a bit of vanilla ice cream.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sounds good you cobble away sir.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm making tasty fruit dessert, not shoes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

When I was on the Microbiology lab I had to work on the afternoon, where there's only one person finishing the work from the morning and processing the few samples that you can have on the afternoon (the work is mainly done on the morning in all labs but emergencies).

As they had such chaos in the mornings, I usually had half of the job from the morning elft. They were 4 people to do it on the morning but in the afternoon it was just me! That was crazy and I usually couldn't even take a coffee break (that the law stipulates that I can have)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kileanna wrote:

When I was on the Microbiology lab I had to work on the afternoon, where there's only one person finishing the work from the morning and processing the few samples that you can have on the afternoon (the work is mainly done on the morning in all labs but emergencies).

As they had such chaos in the mornings, I usually had half of the job from the morning elft. They were 4 people to do it on the morning but in the afternoon it was just me! That was crazy and I usually couldn't even take a coffee break (that the law stipulates that I can have)

I hate when companies do crap like that.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The "company" is the public System of Healthcare from Galicia.

In this case, even if the shortcuts on Healthcare from Spains central government have a lot to do with this, it was mainly the supervisor's fault. The official one isn't here because she has been sick for many months and the new one has to manage another service (the one with most difficulty on the whole hospital) and doesn't care a lot for the Microbiology service.
So the Boss of Service is the one who is taking charge, but she is not used to this kind of duties and she is overwhelmed.

The fact that Microbiology is the only section on the labs that has refused t adopt new technologies and procedures and is still doing things like they were done 20 years ago only makes the problem worse.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sounds complicated. multi-factored problems are so hard to deal with.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

We might be like... 80-100 people total working on the labs. And that's a conservative guess. And the overseers are nurses, not specialist in personal or in accounting, which I always thought it's a bit awkward.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I said we don't use egg cups in Spain.
I was wrong. It seems like we use them... upside down to light the night! XD
I have been into that street hundreds of times and I had never payed attention to the upside down egg cups xD


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I think we only have like 14 ish working here. it kind of sucks cause one person calls out its a huge blow.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I wonder what kind of bird lays eggs that glow.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

A radiodactyl?

(I know, I'm sorry, but it's all I've got.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:

A radiodactyl?

(I know, I'm sorry, but it's all I've got.)

Ha I knew you were on before that post!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:

A radiodactyl?

(I know, I'm sorry, but it's all I've got.)

Ha I knew you were on before that post!

A radiodactyl has radio fingers? Radial fingers? Radioactive fingers?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

O hey maybe it was a Joseph Swan that layed them.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

You guys better appreciate that one it took me like 10 minutes to think of it^^


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I would if I knew who that guy is!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Google!

He's rockin a beard like mine too.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Huh, so apparently my internet provided switched my connection from 60 Mb/s to 120 Mb/s free of charge as a gift. I only need to turn off the router and turn it on.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Flippin sweet. now go look up who Joseph swan is on yoru new faster internet.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Two speed tests taken show jump in speed to 100-115 Mb/s.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Kileanna wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
The last time I was someone's type was when I donated blood.

You're lucky. I went last week to donate blood and they rejected me! It seems I wasn't their type either (or it could have something to do with anaemia xD)

Edit: They told me to undress my arm... But I never liked to leave things half done.

*Is sure that the changeling must be so kind of master thief, as she just stole his breath away*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The cobbler is delicious, and Logan is still a good movie.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Good morning, everybody.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Good morning John. How are you doing this days?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Morni... Afternoon!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So my relief is running late. He is coming however. hopefully. otherwise I have no idea what ill do other then just leave the place unattended. (which is very bad)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to be controversial and state that mead is a waste of perfectly good honey.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Phantom Burglar wrote:
Kileanna wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
The last time I was someone's type was when I donated blood.

You're lucky. I went last week to donate blood and they rejected me! It seems I wasn't their type either (or it could have something to do with anaemia xD)

Edit: They told me to undress my arm... But I never liked to leave things half done.

*Is sure that the changeling must be so kind of master thief, as she just stole his breath away*

Uh... Nina, do we know Suffocation?

I didn't mean to cast that on you, I'm sorry. I just don't know how it happened.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
Vidmaster7 wrote:
So my relief is running late. He is coming however. hopefully. otherwise I have no idea what ill do other then just leave the place unattended. (which is very bad)

"So, Boss... I know you don't want us to leave the place empty, but my hours were up, and no-one showed. So rather than go home, as I know you wouldn't want me to, I asked some of my friends over. And... I just don't see the problem. It's not like they broke anything. Important at least. And how would we know the cleaner has a phobia for men in bear suits. Also, that's not a suit, just a head, Jürgen really is that hairy. Frankly, I don't see what the big problem is."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*Nina turns her head upside down and remains silent. Owls don't speak*
*Then she hides her beak under her wing and keeps sleeping resembling a ball of feathers*


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kileanna wrote:
Good morning John. How are you doing this days?

No changes. At least, things aren't getting worse. But, I do miss going to work. :(


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
So my relief is running late. He is coming however. hopefully. otherwise I have no idea what ill do other then just leave the place unattended. (which is very bad)

Bill for overtime. Round up to the next half-hour.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Kajehase I love your plan

John Oh don't worry I will be getting overtime for this.

Only problem is if I will at some point turn into a pumpkin around 12 I would guess and ill be completly useless. (when I was on days staying up late no problem on thirds I can not go past a certain point without shutting down.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

In my job a relief coming late often means arriving 5 minutes before time. What really sucks when you are the relief and don't want to be too early but it's cool when you want to get out early xD


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So my relief just called me and said he wasn't going to make it I explained to him how screwed that made me and he is redoubling his efforts to find a ride.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I feel your pain, Vidmaster7. One of my coworkers is never on time for first shift. He's supposed to be there at 7, but for him to come in before 7:05 is a miracle. Usually he shows up at 7:06, which lets him clock in (and me clock out) "on time" because our times get rounded to the nearest quarter hour. (So, 6:53 to 7:07 counts as 7:00, 7:08 to 7:22, counts as 7:15, etc...). And sometimes he doesn't come in until almost 7:15, anyways. He doesn't call. Ever. I have to call him, and he'll invariably say "I'm almost there" and then still take 7-10 minutes to show up. Which is amazing given that he lives 3 blocks from the hotel. I don't understand how, but he's been getting away with this for over 3 years.

Thankfully, our new manager is almost always there by 7:00, so I can still leave. But that's only been for the last few months. And if he decides not to come in, or to come in later, then I'm stuck waiting until jackass decides to grace us with his presence.

164,301 to 164,350 of 243,196 << first < prev | 3282 | 3283 | 3284 | 3285 | 3286 | 3287 | 3288 | 3289 | 3290 | 3291 | 3292 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.