Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

155,601 to 155,650 of 238,293 << first < prev | 3108 | 3109 | 3110 | 3111 | 3112 | 3113 | 3114 | 3115 | 3116 | 3117 | 3118 | next > last >>

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

Rent-a-goat.

Either that, or send the kids outside with scissors and promise them five bucks for each Hefty bag they can fill.
No kids, and while there may be a goat-mowing service, I really doubt I could afford it even if I was interested in using it.
Rent-a-Goat is kind of a thing out here. You can book it through Craigslist.

originally, I wanted to visit Wisconsin because I wrote a report on it as a child, and the people at the Wisconsin information bureau were so damn friendly, I had to shake their hands and thank them.

Then, I wanted to visit Wisconsin because cows were there, and I love cows, cheese, and dairy products.

Then, I wanted to visit Wisconsin because it was always winter there, and someone from there mocked my Brooklyn winters ever so politely, and I wanted to go there to see what the hubbub was about and potentially have a war of the winters, until I discovered he wore shorts even in the dead of winter as only a true child of winter could, and so any competition would have to be postponed.

Then, I wanted to visit Wisconsin because I had evidence that the women there were not just lovely but also incredibly well endowed and polite, and I had heard from a reliable source that my black manliness, even set at Steve Urkel levels, would be more than enough to seduce them, and that any faint Fargo-accents would be icing on the cake.

Now, I hear you can rent goats.

RENT.

GOATS.

So they can mow (and fertilize) your lawns FOR YOU.

Clearly, I need to get to Wisconsin POST HASTE.

I really, really do not want to know what you do with your goat, so I am going to say this.

What happens in Wisconsin, stays in Wisconsin!!!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

~LAUGHTER~ Perfect! Just perfect! ~puts my clothes back on~


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Kajehase wrote:
I managed to write onomatopoeic without having to check the spelling...

...but it didn't sound right...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

Rent-a-goat.

Either that, or send the kids outside with scissors and promise them five bucks for each Hefty bag they can fill.
No kids, and while there may be a goat-mowing service, I really doubt I could afford it even if I was interested in using it.
Rent-a-Goat is kind of a thing out here. You can book it through Craigslist.

originally, I wanted to visit Wisconsin because I wrote a report on it as a child, and the people at the Wisconsin information bureau were so damn friendly, I had to shake their hands and thank them.

Then, I wanted to visit Wisconsin because cows were there, and I love cows, cheese, and dairy products.

Then, I wanted to visit Wisconsin because it was always winter there, and someone from there mocked my Brooklyn winters ever so politely, and I wanted to go there to see what the hubbub was about and potentially have a war of the winters, until I discovered he wore shorts even in the dead of winter as only a true child of winter could, and so any competition would have to be postponed.

Then, I wanted to visit Wisconsin because I had evidence that the women there were not just lovely but also incredibly well endowed and polite, and I had heard from a reliable source that my black manliness, even set at Steve Urkel levels, would be more than enough to seduce them, and that any faint Fargo-accents would be icing on the cake.

Now, I hear you can rent goats.

RENT.

GOATS.

So they can mow (and fertilize) your lawns FOR YOU.

Clearly, I need to get to Wisconsin POST HASTE.

While the dairy products outshine those of all other states (you can actually taste the butterfat in the ice cream), the winters put anything from Doctor Zhivago to shame (we used to take our ice skates to school for recess during the winter because the school custodians kept an ice rink going for us on one of the parking lots), and the women are, in point of fact, built like a brick s&&#house (although not unfailingly midwestern polite; much depends on the social situation), I do not know if you can rent goats in Wisconsin. I haven't been there in thirty years. The only place I've seen rent-a-goats was out here in California. Oakland, to be specific.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Kajehase wrote:
I managed to write onomatopoeic without having to check the spelling...
...but it didn't sound right...

I have occasionally mused on the thought that, while you will occasionally hear about someone experiencing poetic justice, you can probably live several lifetimes before you hear about someone experiencing onomatopoetic justice. It hardly seems fair.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Kajehase wrote:
I managed to write onomatopoeic without having to check the spelling...
...but it didn't sound right...
I have occasionally mused on the thought that, while you will occasionally hear about someone experiencing poetic justice, you can probably live several lifetimes before you hear about someone experiencing onomatopoetic justice. It hardly seems fair.

I'm not sure what that would even sound like, but I'm picturing the old Adam West Batman show....Pow! Blam! Ka-bang!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It's late and I should be trying to sleep but my drippy nose and cough say no. :(
So instead I'm Netflix binging stupid shows until my laptop battery runs out


2 people marked this as a favorite.

It's 8:32 (AM) and I have pizza in an oven...

No, I haven't got to bed yet... I was reading David Gemmell's Troy. It was some time since I read almost the whole book in one night. Almost because I read a bit yesterday... Or rather the day that was yesterday for me.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

Rent-a-goat.

Either that, or send the kids outside with scissors and promise them five bucks for each Hefty bag they can fill.
No kids, and while there may be a goat-mowing service, I really doubt I could afford it even if I was interested in using it.
Rent-a-Goat is kind of a thing out here. You can book it through Craigslist.

originally, I wanted to visit Wisconsin because I wrote a report on it as a child, and the people at the Wisconsin information bureau were so damn friendly, I had to shake their hands and thank them.

Then, I wanted to visit Wisconsin because cows were there, and I love cows, cheese, and dairy products.

Then, I wanted to visit Wisconsin because it was always winter there, and someone from there mocked my Brooklyn winters ever so politely, and I wanted to go there to see what the hubbub was about and potentially have a war of the winters, until I discovered he wore shorts even in the dead of winter as only a true child of winter could, and so any competition would have to be postponed.

Then, I wanted to visit Wisconsin because I had evidence that the women there were not just lovely but also incredibly well endowed and polite, and I had heard from a reliable source that my black manliness, even set at Steve Urkel levels, would be more than enough to seduce them, and that any faint Fargo-accents would be icing on the cake.

Now, I hear you can rent goats.

RENT.

GOATS.

So they can mow (and fertilize) your lawns FOR YOU.

Clearly, I need to get to Wisconsin POST HASTE.

While the dairy products outshine those of all other states (you can actually taste the butterfat in the ice cream), the winters put anything from Doctor Zhivago to shame (we used to take our ice skates to school for recess during the winter because the school custodians kept an ice rink going for us on one of the parking lots), and the women are, in point...

clearly, you must go into the goat rental business with an eye towards exporting to Wisconsin so I can live my dreams.

envisions lounging on a porch, sipping hot chai tea during a snowstorm watching winter goats eat snow encrusted grass while watching snowflakes melt into the cleavage of a super busty and polite milkmaid wearing a snowflake themed corset who brought him petite vanilla bean scones

GO GOATS GO!

munch munch


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Captain Yesterday's guide to making sure that very important call you've been waiting for calls.

1. Drop a deuce, they will call.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

What kind of posts do I get deleted you may ask.

Posts about Jughead the Trox's chest appendages.

All because I called them nipple appendages.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Let's see. Do I want to deal with another passive aggressive lecture from Professor Biggus Dickus about stuff he covered in another class I took with him, or ditch and go to my crappy retail job early to spend even more time treading water in a beverage department utterly falling apart and get b%@#!ed at by entitled customers?

Off to work it is, then.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

"Every bug looks like a Lady Bug if you squish it" - Tiny T-Rex, on the subject of bugs.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

My hair does weird things when I'm sick. Well, it's wavy, so it does weird things most of the time, but it's somehow even less tamable when I'm sick. I tried putting a hat on to keep it out of my way, and bits keep escaping so now I look like I wandered off the set of Les Mis. All I need to do is figure out how to send codes in my knitting....


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Does it also let you hear the people seeeng?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It's so nice out!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Man.

It is sometimes really hard to know how to engage a poster who seems like he is trolling, because the alternative is such a phenomenal misunderstanding-leading-to-mischaracterization that it doesn't seem possible. You always want to engage under the presupposition of non-malicious intent, and yet...

Of course, not answering the point allows the blatant mischarscterization stand.

Of course, "Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him."

Hhhhhhhuh. "Flag and move on." is older than I thought.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

First question; How dare you?

Follow up question; what gives you the right?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"The flag button."

(Thanks, cap; I needed that!)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Why do you hate alignment so much!

A goblin diddling Paladin is an absolutely valid character build.

It's what Iomedae would want.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

New house rule!

Pick a weapon, any weapon at first level. Now you're proficient with it!

Get bored with it, or find a cooler magical weapon later on, swap it out.

You would not believe how many "why can't I use X weapon" "because you're only proficient in simple weapons" discussions this will solve. :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

New house rule!

Pick a weapon, any weapon at first level. Now you're proficient with it!

Get bored with it, or find a cooler magical weapon later on, swap it out.

You would not believe how many "why can't I use X weapon" "because you're only proficient in simple weapons" discussions this will solve. :-)

I'm not a fan of weapon proficiencies myself. I think i have an okay way of handling them, but this is elegant in its simplicity.


7 people marked this as a favorite.

I want to enter this thread but never find a way to do it.
So I think I finally found the way to do it.
HELLO
Sometimes simplicity is best ;-D


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It is! Huzzah! Welcome! :D


2 people marked this as a favorite.

'ellou


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

You mean you don't have to parade around in your knickers singing London Bridge Is Falling Down.

They lied to me!!

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

*waves at Kileanna*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Or vas he lying to himself?...

raises left eyebrow, and thoughtfully strokes chin as he takes another puff from his pipe.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

That's why you shouldn't always listen to the voices in your head, Cap.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Everything is more interesting if you listen to them.

And I can sing London Bridge is Falling Down. You will regret it more than I. I am the second worst singer in the World.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Kileanna wrote:

Everything is more interesting if you listen to them.

And I can sing London Bridge is Falling Down. You will regret it more than I. I am the second worst singer in the World.

>_>


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

Your voices must be more cooperative than mine, Kileanna. They're usually fighting with each other.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Unless you're female and from Wisconsin, in which case Freehold wants you to parade around in your knickers and a snowflake-embroidered corset with a tray of pastries, singing to the goats. But only at the top of the thread.
#houserules


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:
Kileanna wrote:

Everything is more interesting if you listen to them.

And I can sing London Bridge is Falling Down. You will regret it more than I. I am the second worst singer in the World.

>_>

I could tell who is the worst but Dalindra wouldn't be happy so I won't.

My voices fight themselves. If they agreed it wouldn't be interesting at all.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Hello, new person!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Apropos of nothing, a friendly PSA:
REDWOOD TREES AND BACKYARD SWIMMING POOLS ARE NOT A GOOD COMBINATION.
I have spent half of my vacation this week trying to clean up my mother's pool and make it look slightly less like an unholy cauldron of matcha and homebrewed kombucha.
That is, when I haven't been digging dead shrubs out of the front yard or mucking out the horse stables. It's too much for a seventy-year-old woman to handle on her own, even one as hardy as my mother. Wish I lived closer.
Well, almost wish it.

Shadow Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

You mean you don't have to parade around in your knickers singing London Bridge Is Falling Down.

They lied to me!!

Hey, it could have been the Truffle Shuffle.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Don't know that one.
And I have the intuition that this time my sanity will be grateful if I don't Google it.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

Apropos of nothing, a friendly PSA:

REDWOOD TREES AND BACKYARD SWIMMING POOLS ARE NOT A GOOD COMBINATION.
I have spent half of my vacation this week trying to clean up my mother's pool and make it look slightly less like an unholy cauldron of matcha and homebrewed kombucha.
That is, when I haven't been digging dead shrubs out of the front yard or mucking out the horse stables. It's too much for a seventy-year-old woman to handle on her own, even one as hardy as my mother. Wish I lived closer.
Well, almost wish it.

I know where I'm going for my next vacation!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

Unless you're female and from Wisconsin, in which case Freehold wants you to parade around in your knickers and a snowflake-embroidered corset with a tray of pastries, singing to the goats. But only at the top of the thread.

#houserules

wait

She can sing to the goats TOO?!

Oh man this is awesome


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kileanna wrote:

Don't know that one.

And I have the intuition that this time my sanity will be grateful if I don't Google it.

You have never seen The Goonies?!?

There is no excuse for that. Watch it this weekend.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I have. In Spanish. Sometimes I don't identify the original names.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Was it dubbed in Spanish??

I LOVE Spanish dubbing, it is so cheesy!!!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm disliking dubbed stuff more and more everyday. The more original versions I see the worse dubbed versions seem.
And yes, it's dubbed in Spanish and in Latin. There is a big fight between people who speak Latin Spanish and people who speak Spanish Spanish. Because each one hates the dubbing from the other side xD


4 people marked this as a favorite.

When my wife and I first started dating, I would watch telenovelas regularly and explain what was going on to her. It took almost a year before she figured out I didn't speak Spanish...

I am the worst. The. Worst.


8 people marked this as a favorite.

You don't have to speak Spanish to know what happens on a telenovela. You don't even have to watch it to know. They are all just the same.
The woman with all the make up and silicone boobs is evil, she tricks the handsome good man so he dates her and the woman with not so much silicone and a more subtle make up that cries all the time suffers because of it but she gets the handsome man in the end. And the chubby funny low class servant serves as a friend of this second woman just to show how good she is caring so much for a low class person.

The endmore.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Hey! Hey! Spoilers tag!

:)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Best ever cheesy dubbing: the Japanese-dubbed edition of Highlander. The actor they got to dub over Connery was just plain wrong.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:

Unless you're female and from Wisconsin, in which case Freehold wants you to parade around in your knickers and a snowflake-embroidered corset with a tray of pastries, singing to the goats. But only at the top of the thread.

#houserules

wait

She can sing to the goats TOO?!

Oh man this is awesome

Singing to goats is country livin' 101... don't tell me you don't have a turkey call either... Oh dear, someone needs to get you out to the country.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kileanna wrote:

I'm disliking dubbed stuff more and more everyday. The more original versions I see the worse dubbed versions seem.

And yes, it's dubbed in Spanish and in Latin. There is a big fight between people who speak Latin Spanish and people who speak Spanish Spanish. Because each one hates the dubbing from the other side xD

oh make no mistake, I HATE running with a passion that rivals my hatred for other things. But Spanish dubbing is especially fascinating for it's cheesiness.

155,601 to 155,650 of 238,293 << first < prev | 3108 | 3109 | 3110 | 3111 | 3112 | 3113 | 3114 | 3115 | 3116 | 3117 | 3118 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.