Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

153,051 to 153,100 of 234,290 << first < prev | 3057 | 3058 | 3059 | 3060 | 3061 | 3062 | 3063 | 3064 | 3065 | 3066 | 3067 | next > last >>

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Just think of Golarion Goblins as a cross between Stitch and the evil Gremlins in Gremlins.

Edit: crap! I had something for this!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

More Things that Puzzle NobodysHome:

So, I think I've commented before on how confusing I've always found it that if you:
(a) Show up to work on time,
(b) do your job,
you're considered the "best employee EVER" by your management.

*Drejk leaves job in England to return home in Poland*

Kestutis the Supervisor (while giving a bear hug): You were the best!

Quote:

Last night was something similar. My brother made a surprise visit to the Bay Area, so 7 of us hobbled over to Sushi 29 for a nice dinner.

I don't think we were particularly "special". We were polite to our waitress. When she tried to hand out the drinks we passed them around for her. When she asked us to wait a moment so she could pull out her order pad before we ordered we waited.

Yet within 15 minutes of being there, the owner was out, chatting with us, making sure we were happy, etc. And we weren't the only large group there; just the only one getting all the attention. By the end of the meal, we had a 10% off coupon for our next visit, and an encouragement from the owner to come by for Valentine's Day so she could make us "something special".

So I wonder: What gives? Is it really so unusual to have a group show up, be polite, and enjoy themselves that we merit special treatment? Is listening to and being courteous to the staff a thing of the past?

It was just a really surreal experience. We were left wondering what the heck we did to merit such great treatment. But it happens to us at a lot of places, and I really can't figure out what we do that's so "different".

Nice to staff, enjoying themselves... BE POLITE?!

What kind of deviancy is that?!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tequila Sunrise wrote:

Got my Rise of the Runelords hardback in the mail this week, finally started reading it last night!

Not sure how I feel about Golarion goblins, but I'm just going to go with it. If I start modifying fluff-things I may never stop, and I've got enough work converting this to the PoL ruleset as it is...

Woo! Enjoy! I'm GMing two different RotR groups now (well, my wife, and a prequel PbP), and, though I'm using the old 3.5 version, it's pretty awesome, and deeeeefinity fits the "classic" thing you were looking for ! I'm excited to see how it goes with your PF version!

(Sorry I never got back to describing the APs - I've been pretty busy and gotten distracted every time I was about to sit down and do more...)


Drejk wrote:

...

After some carrying around and help of a friend, I have now a fridge, after a half year period without fridge.

AWESOME~! Woot! Enjoy, my scaly colleague!


John Napier 698 wrote:
Life Sized Tacticslion Prop wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Captain Yesterday's Phallacy wrote:

So I have enough aliases to populate three towns I've lived in. Combined.

I can stop whenever I want to.

Edited to remove my head cold's sabotage... damn it! Now I have to listen to The Beastie Boys.

Thing is, it probably wouldn't stop. I heard that some of his aliases are spawning new aliases without his knowledge, as an example of some sort of AI emergent behavior. We just have to find out which ones are running rampant.
[initiating Terminator protocol.]
*Readies a Star Wars "Droid Popper"* Here, catch.

OUCH! Dang it, guys, THAT is the life size prop, not me! I told you, I don't even twerk!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

More Things that Puzzle NobodysHome:

So, I think I've commented before on how confusing I've always found it that if you:
(a) Show up to work on time,
(b) do your job,
you're considered the "best employee EVER" by your management.

Last night was something similar. My brother made a surprise visit to the Bay Area, so 7 of us hobbled over to Sushi 29 for a nice dinner.

I don't think we were particularly "special". We were polite to our waitress. When she tried to hand out the drinks we passed them around for her. When she asked us to wait a moment so she could pull out her order pad before we ordered we waited.

Yet within 15 minutes of being there, the owner was out, chatting with us, making sure we were happy, etc. And we weren't the only large group there; just the only one getting all the attention. By the end of the meal, we had a 10% off coupon for our next visit, and an encouragement from the owner to come by for Valentine's Day so she could make us "something special".

So I wonder: What gives? Is it really so unusual to have a group show up, be polite, and enjoy themselves that we merit special treatment? Is listening to and being courteous to the staff a thing of the past?

It was just a really surreal experience. We were left wondering what the heck we did to merit such great treatment. But it happens to us at a lot of places, and I really can't figure out what we do that's so "different".

People are always so shocked that my family is so nice. It seems weird to me.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

You'd be surprised how few people are actually nice.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
You'll be surprised how few people are actually nice.

You work retail. That doesn't count.

I survived all of 8 months in retail before declaring, "Never again!"

And I am *never* rude to retail workers, even if I think they deserve it.

It's a rough rough life in the front lines...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Just think of Golarion Goblins as a cross between Stitch and the evil Gremlins in Gremlins.

I...am slightly less than clueless about both of those references. I may be too old for the former, and too young for the latter.

But how hard can it be to play a bunch of hyperactive pyromaniacs?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

So should I be proud or ashamed that Impus Major is now platinum-ranked in Overwatch?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Is that like getting platinum status.

Because I was approved for that myself.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

It's a good pistol.

A good pistol.

If I can miss a Lithuanian Tatar that many times at point-blank range with a good pistol, heaven help me if I ever get a bad one.

Explanatory note: I am playing 'Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword'. I haven't got a pistol, and even if I did, I wouldn't choose to shoot Lithuanians with it


Col. Longear's Droopy Dragoons wrote:

It's a good pistol.

A good pistol.

If I can miss a Lithuanian Tatar that many times at point-blank range with a good pistol, heaven help me if I ever get a bad one.

Explanatory note: I am playing 'Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword'. I haven't got a pistol, and even if I did, I wouldn't choose to shoot Lithuanians with it

I was going to ask why you hated democracy, so!

The Lithuanian-Polish commonwealth was one of the earliest modern democracies.

That said, I always suspected you were in league with the local red dragon...

>.>


NobodysHome wrote:
So should I be proud or ashamed that Impus Major is now platinum-ranked in Overwatch?

Proud. XD


NobodysHome wrote:

More Things that Puzzle NobodysHome:

So, I think I've commented before on how confusing I've always found it that if you:
(a) Show up to work on time,
(b) do your job,
you're considered the "best employee EVER" by your management.

Last night was something similar. My brother made a surprise visit to the Bay Area, so 7 of us hobbled over to Sushi 29 for a nice dinner.

I don't think we were particularly "special". We were polite to our waitress. When she tried to hand out the drinks we passed them around for her. When she asked us to wait a moment so she could pull out her order pad before we ordered we waited.

Yet within 15 minutes of being there, the owner was out, chatting with us, making sure we were happy, etc. And we weren't the only large group there; just the only one getting all the attention. By the end of the meal, we had a 10% off coupon for our next visit, and an encouragement from the owner to come by for Valentine's Day so she could make us "something special".

So I wonder: What gives? Is it really so unusual to have a group show up, be polite, and enjoy themselves that we merit special treatment? Is listening to and being courteous to the staff a thing of the past?

It was just a really surreal experience. We were left wondering what the heck we did to merit such great treatment. But it happens to us at a lot of places, and I really can't figure out what we do that's so "different".

Tacticslion wrote:
People are always so shocked that my family is so nice. It seems weird to me.

I do have to own up to this, though: we make a mess.

We try not to, and we work on cleaning up after ourselves as much as possible, but... we do make a pretty big mess.

But at least it's as bad as the one in our house~! HEY-O~! SHOTS FIRED~! Nice self-slam from no-where~!

*cough*

>.>

At least no one will ever know how embarrassed I am at how messy my house is! And it will never come forth that, last night, my Eldest picked up forty different items* and made a non-visible dent in the mess! Nope! That secret is sssaaaaaaaaaaaaafffeeee~~~~...

* Small items, but still.

But anyway, it's still weird. Mess or no, we have worked really hard to teach our children to be polite and people are really confused when, you know, they actually are.

And my kids aren't even the most polite! Seriously, I know several kids who are more polite than mine*! Still confuses people...

* This should in no way indicate that I do not love or am not proud of my children. They're pretty awesome. But I know when other kids do stuff better.

EDIT: DANG YOU CODING, MY NEMESIS~! *shakes fist*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well, at least you didn't double post. :) Still trying to figure out why this happens. It may take a while.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

After Pea Bear had an emotionally draining and stressful week at school, the General asked "is there anything we can do to help?"

Pea Bear "Do we have a crawl space?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

After Pea Bear had an emotionally draining and stressful week at school, the General asked "is there anything we can do to help?"

Pea Bear "Do we have a crawl space?"

Sounds like a double-chocolate Ice cream moment.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

The General spent the last day helping her clean up her closet, hanging Christmas lights (yay for LED lights!) and turning it into her fortress of solitude.

So, she lives in her closet now. :-)


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
So should I be proud or ashamed that Impus Major is now platinum-ranked in Overwatch?
Proud. XD

MEI IS BAE


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Col. Longear's Droopy Dragoons wrote:

It's a good pistol.

A good pistol.

If I can miss a Lithuanian Tatar that many times at point-blank range with a good pistol, heaven help me if I ever get a bad one.

Explanatory note: I am playing 'Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword'. I haven't got a pistol, and even if I did, I wouldn't choose to shoot Lithuanians with it

I was going to ask why you hated democracy, so!

The Lithuanian-Polish commonwealth was one of the earliest modern democracies.

That said, I always suspected you were in league with the local red dragon...

>.>

Hardly modern, the voting "citizens" where minority of approximately 10% of adult male population (exact percentage my vary depending on time and sources, I saw numbers as high as 15-20% but 10% is safer bet).

<.<

>.>

Not going deep into the politics... But history of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth should be an obligatory lecture during History classes in absolutely every democratic nation as an example of "how to not organize democracy".


Well, sure. I'm not arguing that we should model them.

Just that (based on my admittedly limited historical perspective) they kind of got a number of solid ideas rolling around in the Western world long after anything similar in the old world had kind of fizzled (notably the strong checks and balances against various powers, other than just "no false imprisonment and we pay money, sometimes, also warfare maybe").

Though, to be fair, that first article is clearly biased toward pro-Polish propaganda ("dominant partner" wat!*), as any Lithuanian would be quick to point out...

;P

* I know what this means. This never stopped Lithuanians and Polish from talking about who was more important when I lived over there. XD

(It's worth noting that, generally, freedom and protected rights were becoming increasingly common across the west during this time, but it's worth celebrating - however flawed - early adopters of that concept.)

((There have been many similar limited rulers as far back as ancient Rome, but each of them have had their own foibles, and, from my - admittedly limited - historical knowledge, the more "absolute monarch" had come into fashion in Europe for some time, before such things were reintroduced. The LPCW was a decent, if flawed, attempt at putting all under protection and liberty. That said, if you want your country to survive: don't call it two different names. That just... that never works out, well. Establish a singular language, purposefully mingle the culture, and don't declare, "We're totally this one and also this other one." because that reinforces the divide, and doesn't unify anything. :/))

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Leadership should be charming to the last.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
baron arem heshvaun wrote:

@Capt Yesterday

Do you have the most number of icons on the board?

Do you know if there is a good icon for a young Imperial Staff Oficer?

Clean shaven, male.

Pardon the interruption, but I think this might suit your needs.

Image. The one on the bottom row, second from the right.
copy and paste: https://secure.paizo.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/ajax/69.0.1.29.3.1.1. 2.1.3.1.1.1.1.13.0.1.9.1.1.4.1.0.1.0.1

Hi John which guy is this? I can't seem to find links.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
King Yesterday of Pillowpia wrote:
baron arem heshvaun wrote:

@Capt Yesterday

Do you have the most number of icons on the board?

Do you know if there is a good icon for a young Imperial Staff Oficer?

Clean shaven, male.

There is! If you want blonde, filter the images by date, it should be the first image. Otherwise it takes a little bit of looking but isn't too hard. I recommend my pillow fort guy. :-)

I am afraid my Captain Speak is not up to par, which is it? Need it for a play by post.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'll leave this here as a thank you. What would that be in German?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
baron arem heshvaun wrote:
Leadership should be charming to the last.

Nice photo, but the puns were horrendous.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.

NOT my puns! I was just charmed by the picture.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Hope you've all had a good weekend so far!

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

May our teams win today! All of them!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
baron arem heshvaun wrote:
King Yesterday of Pillowpia wrote:
baron arem heshvaun wrote:

@Capt Yesterday

Do you have the most number of icons on the board?

Do you know if there is a good icon for a young Imperial Staff Oficer?

Clean shaven, male.

There is! If you want blonde, filter the images by date, it should be the first image. Otherwise it takes a little bit of looking but isn't too hard. I recommend my pillow fort guy. :-)
I am afraid my Captain Speak is not up to par, which is it? Need it for a play by post.

If you do a search for "Olaus" in avatar images you should find him, also "Cleric of Milani" from Inner Sea Faiths would make an awesomely ironic choice, and a search of Swashbuckler should net a result or two.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

So where have you been baron, just busy at work.

More importantly, HOW have you been. :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hi Icy!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I think I'll finish Risen 3 today...

What will I play next? Going back to Gothic 3?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

The Blight On Her Feathers, a dying angel fighting necrotic corruption and bearing an undead-slaying blade.


Drejk wrote:
The Blight On Her Feathers, a dying angel fighting necrotic corruption and bearing an undead-slaying blade.

So cool!

Thanks, Drejk!

Some minor notes you might want to know:

You forgot a closing parenthesis on the subtypes; under The Ruby Blade bullet points:

- under the first, it should be "undead" instead of "undeads" (easy mistake to make)

- under the second, there are some needless words in, "The bearer is immune to possession by undead and as long as the ruby blade is carried by the bearer." (and I might replace "is carried" with "is in-hand" unless you mean that even when sheathed, the bearer is immune, in which case I might say, "is on her person" instead); from the reading of intent, I might even suggest removing the word "direct" from the following sentence, as well, though that's probably my preference for both simplification and greater power showing through, so feel free to ignore that, if you like

- under the third, I might suggest the alternate wording, "When an undead is dropped to 0 or less hit points within 30 feet of the bearer of the ruby sword, the bearer (if any) becomes..."

Otherwise (and even with those)... this is awesome~! I love it!

Thanks for making and posting the monster!

Adding it to the file of things to use later along with that warp serpent and a number of other things... XD

EDIT: for clarity, to add a "thank you" I'd intended to, but forgotten, and for making it look a little more pretty (I hope) on various formats.


So, just for fun, my wife and I decided to, knowing what we know now, "remake" new characters for APs we've played, presuming you'd be supposed to solo it; these are not necessarily the optimal/powergame choices, but rather, reflect the AP as a whole in a single class.

This is a list of characters we designed, and our reasoning for that design.

Characters: away!

Rise of the Runelords: ranger/wizard/eldritch knight (esp. an enchanter, evoker, illusionist, or universalist); magus is possible, but I feel the home-town "ranger" feels more like what you might get from Sandpoint, and it fits with the trackless wilderness and "ADVENTURER" feel of the AP; the slow growth and transition into an arcane caster, due to exposure to and interest in ancient arcane secrets is really just part of the character growth; some alternates could be a loremaster fighter, [Varisian] rogue (to arcane trickster), or even [Shoanti] barbarian, but as a solo guy, I think ranger is best; similarly, while a Varisian sorcerer might be great, a specialist wizard speaks to elements of the game better, I think, than otherwise. All of this strongly reflects the APs themes of local heroes and ancient magical forces awakening from within, even as such a character fits with <spoiler!> quest that is the centerpiece of book five.

Council of Thieves: vigilante; the story of the AP is the story of the class and vice-verse; you are out to protect your city against crime and remove a vile underworld influence, while gaining fame and keeping anonymity, until your identity is exposed and you're forced to take the fight public. I'd been thinking summoner, originally, but then I remembered vigilante and that was that (though bard is solid for some parts, too).

Kingmaker: bard (it's up for debate if it would be archeologist, duelist, or standard); the idea of the quintessential leader, a charismatic, skilled adventurer (perhaps with ties to the Aldori dueling tradition or Brevan nobility); a ranger is possible, as is a Druid, for both the wanderer in the wilderness (with skills and/or social ability) feel, especially early on, but bard simply fits the concepts of creating and maintaining a growing kingdom and armies much better.

Serpent's Skull/Mummy's Mask: archeologist bard; there isn't really a question. Alchemist (tomb raider) could be solid for MM, and a ranger (or mythic fighter) for S'sS, but archeologist bard is ideal for being a charismatic lucky survivor who brings people together, explores wilderness locales to find ancient forgotten sites, and acquire their lore (and treasure) from them.

Carrion Crown: alchemist (emphasis on occult knowledge, healing, necromancy/spirits/occultism, cognitogen-like stuff, and constructs); some of the occult classes (such as the medium, occultist, or psychic) might fit quite well, here, as might the investogator class, but nothing else quite holds that gothic "almost-yet-not-quite pseudo-science-magic" that works with every entry in the AP like alchemist does.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

As someone that saw eight archaeologists die in the first dungeon alone, I recommend something else for Mummy's Mask.

Don't get me wrong, it sounds like a great idea. Until you remember all the retainers that died to get Indiana Jones to the Lost Ark.

Fondly remembers Retainer #865, who's screams of horror alerted the rest to the presence of snakes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Drejk wrote:
The Blight On Her Feathers, a dying angel fighting necrotic corruption and bearing an undead-slaying blade.

So cool!

Thanks, Drejk!

Some minor notes you might want to know:

You forgot a closing parenthesis on the subtypes; under The Ruby Blade bullet points:

- under the first, it should be "undead" instead of "undeads" (easy mistake to make)

- under the second, there are some needless words in, "The bearer is immune to possession by undead and as long as the ruby blade is carried by the bearer." (and I might replace "is carried" with "is in-hand" unless you mean that even when sheathed, the bearer is immune, in which case I might say, "is on her person" instead); from the reading of intent, I might even suggest removing the word "direct" from the following sentence, as well, though that's probably my preference for both simplification and greater power showing through, so feel free to ignore that, if you like

- under the third, I might suggest the alternate wording, "When an undead is dropped to 0 or less hit points within 30 feet of the bearer of the ruby sword, the bearer (if any) becomes..."

Otherwise (and even with those)... this is awesome~! I love it!

Thanks for making and posting the monster!

Adding it to the file of things to use later along with that warp serpent and a number of other things... XD

EDIT: for clarity, to add a "thank you" I'd intended to, but forgotten, and for making it look a little more pretty (I hope) on various formats.

Thank you, it seems I left some artifacts of multiple re-writes.

The direct control remains - undead can't posses or dominate the bearer but they can still charm her or use powers such as suggestion (though it only matters for a potential new bearer, The Blight On Her Feathers has her own protective aura to protect her against charms and compulsions of evil creatures, including majority of undeads).


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Risen 3 finished.

A neat and fun game, if flawed on many levels (balancing, acting, scripts, loot and quest rewards scaling... and so on and so on).


4 people marked this as a favorite.

This week's monster is the grabbiest bear that ever grabbed.

The squid tentacles help.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Rawr! wrote:

This week's monster is the grabbiest bear that ever grabbed.

The squid tentacles help.

CUDDLEBEAR!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

It will be more than happy to administer hugs!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Yay!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
baron arem heshvaun wrote:
NOT my puns! I was just charmed by the picture.

No, I know that you're too intelligent to make bad puns.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:

Risen 3 finished.

A neat and fun game, if flawed on many levels (balancing, acting, scripts, loot and quest rewards scaling... and so on and so on).

I started Gothic 3 after 2 years and 9 months hiatus...

Gah, that game is ugly comparing to risen. The main character is ugly.

The combat is meh comparing to Gothic 2.

The inventory management, however, is a miracle of utility comparing to Risen 3...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

The General (putting her hair up to begin making an apple pie) "great! I got the scarf tangled in my hair, now I need a second scarf to hide the first one!"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Has one sportsball team beaten the other yet.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Yes, the Munchkin sportsball team beat the con-crud suffering team. Get ready for the propaganda.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Sportsball season is over! Time for the after party!!!

Who hoo!!!!

153,051 to 153,100 of 234,290 << first < prev | 3057 | 3058 | 3059 | 3060 | 3061 | 3062 | 3063 | 3064 | 3065 | 3066 | 3067 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.