Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

146,151 to 146,200 of 239,734 << first < prev | 2919 | 2920 | 2921 | 2922 | 2923 | 2924 | 2925 | 2926 | 2927 | 2928 | 2929 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

At least so far it's chinchilla pictures. :-)

But yes, we've had talks about safe web browsing. :-)

True Fact about NobodysHome that nobody cares about:

  • In my late teens and early 20's I raised chinchillas. A LOT of 'em. People say they're hard to breed. Yeah, well, just don't keep 'em in cages and leave them running free range in your room. They'll destroy every book you own, poop everywhere, and breed like... well, like rodents.
    But they are cute, friendly little buggers.
  • (Re-clothes self) And THAT'S another true fact about NobodysHome that nobody cares to know about!


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    thegreenteagamer wrote:

    Why is it the crappier a job is, the more paperwork it requires just to apply?

    The best jobs I ever had usually involved nothing more than a resume; meanwhile, basic retail part time garbage requires fifteen pages of questionnaires, a survey, and ten pages of filling out the actual application, with a drug test and half an SAT worth of math problems. It makes no sense whatsoever!

    Most of my jobs just gave me the job when I expressed interest in it... The only one I actually had to apply for was my current one. But then my current one is low level management so they probably needed the papers filled out. I almost got a top level sales job just on the weight of my attractive smile alone. But the other of us top two candidates for the position had a ton of experience and training where as I just had a winning personality. So they edged me out by a slim margin.


    3 people marked this as a favorite.
    thegreenteagamer wrote:

    Why is it the crappier a job is, the more paperwork it requires just to apply?

    The best jobs I ever had usually involved nothing more than a resume; meanwhile, basic retail part time garbage requires fifteen pages of questionnaires, a survey, and ten pages of filling out the actual application, with a drug test and half an SAT worth of math problems. It makes no sense whatsoever!

    It actually makes perfect sense... if you understand what the employers are really doing.

    Most of the people applying for "retail part time garbage" jobs aren't interested in the job, aren't interested in being any good at it, and are just looking for a quick-and-easy source of income. Many of them will quit as soon as they get their first paycheck after spending 1-2 weeks refusing to do anything remotely resembling work. On the other hand, the employer needs someone who's at least marginally going to take the job seriously so they're not wasting their time with constant churn.

    Making you jump through all those hoops is really their way of saying, "Are you serious enough about this job that you'll do a ton of nonsense for us before we're even paying you just to get the job?"

    It's very much akin to my "typo policy" on resumes: If you can't be bothered to double-check your resume for typos, why on Earth would you bother to double-check the work you do for me? Into the wastebasket with the resume... just another way to weed out the, er, "less than serious" candidates.

    EDIT: Your issue is that you have a work ethic and you plan to take the job seriously, so you're wondering why you have to deal with all the nonsense. If you get a chance, sit on a hiring committee some time so you see the people who DON'T get hired. It's a scary, sobering experience...


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    I worked at a place where they had cameras watching the kitchen and if someone so much as flip stuff on the grill counterclockwise instead of clockwise a big dude in a purple suit would come out and correct you.

    I never went back for a second day.


    3 people marked this as a favorite.
    captain yesterday wrote:

    I worked at a place where they had cameras watching the kitchen and if someone so much as flip stuff on the grill counterclockwise instead of clockwise a big dude in a purple suit would come out and correct you.

    I never went back for a second day.

    You, of all people, didn't jump at the opportunity to say, "Hey, get your big meaty paws off me, you great grape ape!"?!?!?!

    I am disappointed in you, CY. Sorely disappointed.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    I worked at a factory assembling Rockford Fozgate speakers, if you worked there a year you got 8 hours of vacation time, but they only had ten hour shifts.

    I worked there two months, mostly because one of my best friend's girlfriend and her best friend worked there also.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    To be honest, for all the complaining I do about my job, it's not so bad and most if the managers are pretty nice, and the store manager is a pretty cool guy.

    I just wish it paid more.

    It also wouldn't hurt if I could occasionally demolish or tear something up with a big saw or skid loader.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    I actually look pretty Mad Max when I have my breathing mask, protective sunglasses, earplugs, chopsaw with a twelve inch diamond tipped blade, and big ass steeltoe boots.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    begins erecting Easter Island style heads in his own likeness around FaWtL.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    *perches on a captain yesterday styled Moai*

    Rrrarpa Snoosi?

    *poops*


    4 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    How do you end up with 5 pounds of a 20 pound bag of dog food in (and around) the dog bowl.

    Don't really pay attention when your five year old asks if he can feed the dog while you're making waffles.

    Silver Crusade

    3 people marked this as a favorite.
    captain yesterday wrote:

    How do you end up with 5 pounds of a 20 pound bag of dog food in (and around) the dog bowl.

    Don't really pay attention when your five year old asks if he can feed the dog while you're making waffles.

    The dog will clean up the mess.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    I expect presence of a happy dog.


    3 people marked this as a favorite.
    captain yesterday wrote:
    begins erecting Easter Island style heads in his own likeness around FaWtL.

    *Portentous Super Serious Documentary Voice"

    "Look at these stupendous objects, far advanced from the primitive technology the FaWlTies of 2016 could muster. Who do they represent? What were they for? Who could have built them - could they have come...
    FROM BEYOND?!"


    ?

    Shadow Lodge

    5 people marked this as a favorite.
    Limeylongears wrote:
    captain yesterday wrote:
    begins erecting Easter Island style heads in his own likeness around FaWtL.

    *Portentous Super Serious Documentary Voice"

    "Look at these stupendous objects, far advanced from the primitive technology the FaWlTies of 2016 could muster. Who do they represent? What were they for? Who could have built them - could they have come...
    FROM BEYOND?!"

    FaWtLies


    5 people marked this as a favorite.

    Giorgio gets it.

    Συγχαρητήρια!


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Begins erecting statues of Orthos, wielding a Stardust Rod in one hand, and a Zwill Crossbow in the other along the southern peaks of FaWtL


    7 people marked this as a favorite.

    HOLY. S%+$.

    Got tickets to the star trek convention out of NOWHERE. Going tomorrow.

    I cant believe it.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Freehold DM wrote:

    HOLY. S###.

    Got tickets to the star trek convention out of NOWHERE. Going tomorrow.

    I cant believe it.

    The tickets appeared out of nowhere? Sounds like someone has invented the transporter and is using it to mess with you.

    That, or it was Q.

    I'd hope for the transporter.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    I've never had much luck with the transporter personally.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    Hush up you! Those statues won't build themselves! I'm not paying you next week to stand around to get eaten by sea monsters like the others.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    Grampy and Grammy Yesterday got the kids each their own journal from Gravity Falls (available at Barnes and Noble now) so now they're at the grandparents house, searching the woods for anomalies. :-)


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    I went over 18,000 posts (including aliases). :-)


    Tired. Want to play, want to rest, want to do everything. Not enough hours in the day.

    Dang it, reality, when will I finally ascend and become Sardior?!

    >:|

    (I mean, I still won't have enough time, but at least I'll be an enourmous shapeshifting Psionic ruby dragon demigod. I can work with that.)


    3 people marked this as a favorite.

    There was a singing undead already, here is a dancing undead.


    9 people marked this as a favorite.

    I WON THE TRIVIA CONTEST AND GOT A FREE OPS UNIFORM!


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Autobots, roll out!


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    The slumber party of twelve year old girls is in full swing, I am thankfully sequestered in my captain's quarters.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    I ventured forth to pillage for ice cream treats, and spruced up the quarters a bit but I'm back in the room again, content to not be out there.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    Batten down the hatches.

    Batten them down hard.

    Make certain sure the Anti-Squeal Shields are up, and may Besmara have mercy on thy soul.

    Although I imagine the tempest has spent its force by now


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    Do I go out and get the last few things I need for the General's birthday present today, or wait until tomorrow, when everyone is back at school.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Do it tomorrow. Wherever you go will be full of mothers at the end of their collective tethers, herding small children around in packs and trying to get them to take an interest in pencil cases, etc.

    In other news, after last night's truly epic fail and near-TPK, we're moving onto a sci-fi RPG called N.E.W., which I have no idea about.

    I've not played sci-fi anything since giving up W40k, so I don't know what I'm going to play - we've been told that we're not all allowed to be military grunts.

    I'm thinking about:

    1) A sort of archeologist, either excitable and nerdy or dark and brooding, having seen Things That Should Not Be.
    2) An anarchist, on the run and trying to bring down the system by doing Bad Things
    3) Something Dune-y - a nomad who's been exiled from his desert world for some sort of heresy

    Any other ideas would be appreciated.

    I only got the docs this morning, so I don't really know what we are/aren't allowed...


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    What about a chainsaw wielding fringe dweller.

    Or a psycho mechanic with a knack for weaponizing everything, sort of like a MacGyver of death


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Limeylongears wrote:

    In other news, after last night's truly epic fail and near-TPK, we're moving onto a sci-fi RPG called N.E.W., which I have no idea about.

    I've not played sci-fi anything since giving up W40k, so I don't know what I'm going to play - we've been told that we're not all allowed to be military grunts.

    I'm thinking about:

    1) A sort of archeologist, either excitable and nerdy or dark and brooding, having seen Things That Should Not Be.
    2) An anarchist, on the run and trying to bring down the system by doing Bad Things
    3) Something Dune-y - a nomad who's been exiled from his desert world for some sort of heresy

    Any other ideas would be appreciated.

    I only got the docs this morning, so I don't really know what we are/aren't allowed...

    Looks interesting


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Ahh yes! The summer winds are a' blowing this week!


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    Do they make you feel fine?


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    They do! Totally jamming to Porno For Pyros right now. :-)


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    Got the house clean, and dishes done, just me and the dog all day tomorrow.

    I'm going to use the gift card my parents got me for my birthday on the General for her birthday.

    I have plans, big, big plans!


    captain yesterday wrote:

    Got the house clean, and dishes done, just me and the dog all day tomorrow.

    I'm going to use the gift card my parents got me for my birthday on the General for her birthday.

    I have plans, big, big plans!

    Ooooooooorrrrr... and hear me out here... you could re-watch all of Gravity Falls...

    It's probably better not to do this thing. ;D

    Cap'n Yesterday's Summer Dreams wrote:
    They do! Totally jamming to Porno For Pyros right now. :-)

    I don't know what this means, but it terrifies me.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    It shouldn't terrify you... Okay, Perry Farrell is pretty f%*#ed up.

    Still, great music, with just the right amount of whimsy. :-)


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    You do realize i've seen every episode of Gravity Falls at least five or six times this summer don't do. :-)


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    {nods} Shmebulock.


    Shmebulock wrote:
    {nods} Shmebulock.

    Just keep barfing up them rainbows, my friend. Just keep barfing up them rainbows. Schmebulock.


    So!

    FaWtLians!

    Question time...

    Which of:
    - Lich
    - Zombie
    - Vampire
    - Mummy
    - Skeleton
    or
    - Ghoul
    ... and which of:
    - Ghost
    - Shadow
    - Specter
    - Allip
    or
    - Wraith
    ... and why?

    Undead and templates so you can think about all the possible permutations and variants of each kind of each of them before making your final answer. And yes, the questions are that vague. Feel free to interpret what they're actually asking. We shall see how correct you are. Hehehehe...

    Also, Psychic or Psionic? Why?

    If the former, Paizo or Green Ronin? If the latter, Dream Scarred or Wizards? Either way: why?

    (I already asked NH in his thread, and decided to just spam you all here. Nyahahahahah~!)


    Tacticslion wrote:

    Tired. Want to play, want to rest, want to do everything. Not enough hours in the day.

    Dang it, reality, when will I finally ascend and become Sardior?!

    >:|

    (I mean, I still won't have enough time, but at least I'll be an enourmous shapeshifting Psionic ruby dragon demigod. I can work with that.)

    Really, no one commented on this at all?

    I really thought Drejk would at least mention something on a fellow dragon. Alas - *sniff* - no reminiscence for me!


    4 people marked this as a favorite.

    *Is operating a cash register alongside head cashier*

    *In tourist district of San Francisco on Labor Day, traffic and parking is about as expected*

    Tourist: Wow, I got a question. Where do ya'll park when you get to work?

    Head cashier: Oh, we don't have cars.

    Tourist: *Tentatively* Oh, ya'll just live close by?

    Me: Oh, I live across town, I just take the train and the bus.

    Head cashier: Yea, that's what I do, too.

    Tourist: O_O


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    *Gifts FaWTlia with a 600 foot tall statue of herself in her full glory, striking a majestic pose staring down at her subjects, weighing incalculable tons of a strange gold/unobtainium alloy*

    Here. Present for you guys. Feel free to just have it here when I am around.


    4 people marked this as a favorite.

    Whoopee!

    They even got the hat right. There's craftsmanship for you.

    A couple of questions:

    1) Do we need to sacrifice to it?
    2) If so, what, and when?
    3) Does the 600ft pigeon come with it?
    4) Do we need to be worried?


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Tacticslion wrote:

    So!

    FaWtLians!

    Question time...

    Which of:
    - Lich
    - Zombie
    - Vampire
    - Mummy
    - Skeleton
    or
    - Ghoul
    ... and which of:
    - Ghost
    - Shadow
    - Specter
    - Allip
    or
    - Wraith
    ... and why?

    Undead and templates so you can think about all the possible permutations and variants of each kind of each of them before making your final answer. And yes, the questions are that vague. Feel free to interpret what they're actually asking. We shall see how correct you are. Hehehehe...

    Also, Psychic or Psionic? Why?

    If the former, Paizo or Green Ronin? If the latter, Dream Scarred or Wizards? Either way: why?

    (I already asked NH in his thread, and decided to just spam you all here. Nyahahahahah~!)

    Here's your answer, but only if I also get to wear a fez.

    Although I would choose Baelnorn rather than Lich, Lich, if I had the choice.

    And if you say I can't, tough. I'm a Lich. I do what I want, when I want.

    Edit: Having thought about it, maybe that should have read 'Lech' and not 'Lich'...

    146,151 to 146,200 of 239,734 << first < prev | 2919 | 2920 | 2921 | 2922 | 2923 | 2924 | 2925 | 2926 | 2927 | 2928 | 2929 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.