Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

145,051 to 145,100 of 239,982 << first < prev | 2897 | 2898 | 2899 | 2900 | 2901 | 2902 | 2903 | 2904 | 2905 | 2906 | 2907 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sunday D&D wasn't on, so I spent all afternoon sparring, including successful cloak & dagger vs. tomahawk and buckler fight, then went to the pub, anaethesising my bruised thighs with Laphroaig.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:
Sunday D&D wasn't on, so I spent all afternoon sparring, including successful cloak & dagger vs. tomahawk and buckler fight, then went to the pub, anaethesising my bruised thighs with Laphroaig.

you lucky so and so.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

About to watch suicide squad. Be back later.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
I never got the whole picking up hookers part of that game series, I mean maybe if it has some sort of mechanical benefit like healing your wounds or something, but as is, I'm just like "Eh, I'd rather spend my money on a hot dog"

In some of them, banging hookers does restore hit points.

...And you can't kill the hot dog and get your money back after it heals you.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I don't kill people unless they get hit in one of my epic police chases.

Which, I do hit a lot of people in my epic police chases.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

You do realize my rampage against hot dog vendors will be vast and bloody.

Assuming I get any money from the first one I cap.

Now I want to play Grand Theft Auto 4.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
About to watch suicide squad. Be back later.

Wait! Don't stare directly at the hypnotic short shorts!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Do NOT go on a hot dog vendor rampage, they don't f+*+ around.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
About to watch suicide squad. Be back later.
Wait! Don't stare directly at the hypnotic short shorts!

too late. Freehold must have.

The movie was okay. Didn't not enjoy it. Am looking forward to directors cut with deleted scenes.


I probably shouldn't mix Nos and tequila when I need to do a ton of homework, but damned if I'm not going to.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
About to watch suicide squad. Be back later.
Wait! Don't stare directly at the hypnotic short shorts!

too late. Freehold must have.

You lucky so and so.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Yesterday marked GothBard's first "player kill", and we're all rather proud of her for it. The AP put a 9th-level flying sorceress with Protection from Arrows against a 5th-level party. WTF, AP? We avoided a TPK because my die caught on fire and I couldn't roll under a 15 while shooting her, but we had 1 dead, the rest of the party at negative hit points with no healing left, and my half-orc barboracle at 4 hit points.

Exciting times!

But it was a classic, "I dare you to kill me" player moment: The player, a storm druid, shape shifted into an owl and attacked the sorceress hand to hand. A single Lightning Bolt later and she was at 1 hit point. And she decided to keep fighting.

One of those player/GM moments where the player is asking, "Are we playing for keepsies?", and the GM MUST answer, "Yes. Yes we are."

Good on you, GothBard!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Good old Inkskin! My favorite "So, you think you're a bad ass, we'll see about that" NPCs.

Congrats to Gothbard! Most GMs softball her then complain about her.

She killed two of our captains. :-)

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.

And so we come to TFY's rule #56. Nine times out of ten when the DM wants to know your HP total, he’ll pull his punches. When he never asks, he doesn’t care if your character dies, act accordingly.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

Good old Inkskin! My favorite "So, you think you're a bad ass, we'll see about that" NPCs.

Congrats to Gothbard! Most GMs softball her then complain about her.

She killed two of our captains. :-)

Well, just don't get me started on the reticence some players have against buying ranged weapons. I've never understood it, I've railed against it many times on these boards, but yet again we had a group of 5th-level players and it was:

Druid: I don't have a bow.
Ranger: I don't have a bow.
Bard: I don't have a bow.
Barboracle: WTF, people!?!?!? Stands there and shoots his +2 STR masterwork composite longbow at the bad girl, then adds Magic Weapon when he learns about the Protection from Arrows.

*SIGH*


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
And so we come to TFY's rule #56. Nine times out of ten when the DM wants to know your HP total, he’ll pull his punches. When he never asks, he doesn’t care if your character dies, act accordingly.

That's why I was proud of GothBard: The druid's player proudly announced that the druid had only 1 hit point left, and GothBard hit her anyway.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Even though I didn't lift a finger moving anything, I spent the entire weekend reorganizing our new home and I'm tired

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
And so we come to TFY's rule #56. Nine times out of ten when the DM wants to know your HP total, he’ll pull his punches. When he never asks, he doesn’t care if your character dies, act accordingly.
That's why I was proud of GothBard: The druid proudly announced that she had only 1 hit point left, and GothBard hit her anyway.

That is great and I assume the correct action of the baddie, that drives me nuts when the baddie backs off or suddenly gets a case of the onesies with the dice


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Not investing in ranged combat in a pirate campaign is just asking to die.


Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
Even though I didn't lift a finger moving anything, I spent the entire weekend reorganizing our new home and I'm tired

I hear you! I pulled an all-nighter to clean for my eldest' shirt day party!

Also; welcome back! I've missed you! How ya been? You should pop into my thread and answer the super power questions and/or post that into an AMA I missed somewhere.

:D


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Doomkitten wrote:

Hmmm... I'm not an aficionado (I'm not one of those people who play through multiple times, since I feel absolutely HORRIBLE whenever I do a Renegade playthrough on any game, and the choices that aren't binary Paragon/Renegade don't really impact the plot much), but here's what I've heard:

** spoiler omitted **...

~reads list~

Hmmm? I hadn't considered Thane. Probably the whole dying bit made me exclude him. I also don't recall any romantic dialog options with him... I hate to spoil a relationship with him by reading how online, but I wonder how to start it... Maybe I just missed the start point somehow.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
Even though I didn't lift a finger moving anything, I spent the entire weekend reorganizing our new home and I'm tired

I hear you! I pulled an all-nighter to clean for my eldest' shirt day party!

Also; welcome back! I've missed you! How ya been? You should pop into my thread and answer the super power questions and/or post that into an AMA I missed somewhere.

:D

What is involved in a shirt day party, besides the fact that red wins

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Not investing in ranged combat in a pirate campaign is just asking to die.

I have a sorcerer with a cannon and a wand of true strike that is how much I like ranged fire


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

We have a Pyrokineticist with extended range and a high dexterity. :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

Good old Inkskin! My favorite "So, you think you're a bad ass, we'll see about that" NPCs.

Congrats to Gothbard! Most GMs softball her then complain about her.

She killed two of our captains. :-)

Well, just don't get me started on the reticence some players have against buying ranged weapons. I've never understood it, I've railed against it many times on these boards, but yet again we had a group of 5th-level players and it was:

Druid: I don't have a bow.
Ranger: I don't have a bow.
Bard: I don't have a bow.
Barboracle: WTF, people!?!?!? Stands there and shoots his +2 STR masterwork composite longbow at the bad girl, then adds Magic Weapon when he learns about the Protection from Arrows.

*SIGH*

Well, druid is not proficient with bows (unless it's elven druid) or crossbows and rarely have a feat to spare. All that remains is a sling or darts. Produce flame which is much superior choice unless the opponent has more fire resistance than damage reduction.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

My Tolkien or bust brothers are always shocked by the amount of gunpowder and cannons that are in my Skull and Shackles campaigns.

It's pirates!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm not into guns or tech in most of my games but how can you not have muskets and cannons in a pirate game


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Despite my name coming from a satirical super hero, after years of watching Pirates of the Caribbean and playing Skull and Shackles off and on, it's morphed into a pirate moniker.

Even when I ask the kids to do something they say "aye yay captain"

They have no idea what I'm called here. :-)

Honestly, I prefer being a pirate. :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Was I just smurfed without saying smurf! Holy f*&*ing s#%~! What are the chances!

Edit: I had to favorite that myself, wow!

"Today, is going to be a good day" - Ice Cube


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
And so we come to TFY's rule #56. Nine times out of ten when the DM wants to know your HP total, he’ll pull his punches. When he never asks, he doesn’t care if your character dies, act accordingly.

When I GMed Shadowrun, I used to randomly ask players what their PCs' condition monitors (basically hit points) were at, what guns and/ammo they currently carried, and to roll Perception checks, even when an ambush or combat wasn't about to start. Helped keep them paranoid.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ranged Weapons: What I don't understand why people keep on buying those puny bows while it's totally legal to use a Large Light Crossbow.

It is, right? :P

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
And so we come to TFY's rule #56. Nine times out of ten when the DM wants to know your HP total, he’ll pull his punches. When he never asks, he doesn’t care if your character dies, act accordingly.
When I GMed Shadowrun, I used to randomly ask players what their PCs' condition monitors (basically hit points) were at, what guns and/ammo they currently carried, and to roll Perception checks, even when an ambush or combat wasn't about to start. Helped keep them paranoid.

I find that keeps even the most jaded of players on their toes


2 people marked this as a favorite.

As far as multiple play throughs are concerned my logic is ;
1st time I am going to make a ton of mistakes miss content and perhaps get an ending I don't like.
2nd time is a careful play through that lets me enjoy ALL the content in as completionist a fashion as I can manage.
3rd time is the perfect run aimed at the exact ending I want.
4th or more is the time to play alternate story elements; like trying renegade, or alternate romances, or different play mechanics like biotics.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

That's how I do the Fallout games.

I just mostly die in Skyrim, until I find a way not to die. But then I usually find a new way to die.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I recognize that monkey from somewhere...


Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
Even though I didn't lift a finger moving anything, I spent the entire weekend reorganizing our new home and I'm tired

I hear you! I pulled an all-nighter to clean for my eldest' shirt day party!

Also; welcome back! I've missed you! How ya been? You should pop into my thread and answer the super power questions and/or post that into an AMA I missed somewhere.

:D

What is involved in a shirt day party, besides the fact that red wins

Autocorrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeect~! >:(

*shakes fist*

(Birthday party.)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

"If I lived in a Werehouse I would drive a forklift" - Tiny T-Rex.

In Tiny T-Rex speak, a Werehouse is a haunted house, and Potatoes are really Tomatoes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Zoo day!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Prairie dogs in classic form.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:

Despite my name coming from a satirical super hero, after years of watching Pirates of the Caribbean and playing Skull and Shackles off and on, it's morphed into a pirate moniker.

Even when I ask the kids to do something they say "aye yay captain"

They have no idea what I'm called here. :-)

Honestly, I prefer being a pirate. :-)

Just wondering... wow! The mystery deepens! Interesting...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

s morph


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

It's morphed is the culprit... interesting. Very, very interesting... of course, you realize I'm going to abuse that.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

About time we had a Smurfette blitz.

EDIT: THREE IN A ROW! YESS!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Gotta love Smurfette.

Edit: why to screw it up there, a~!#~~~ smurf.

Shameful.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

D-daggummit, Gav! Quit making me listen to All as One on repeat for hours on end!

And, because I'm feeling nice, a treat for you, Freehold.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Doomkitten wrote:

D-daggummit, Gav! Quit making me listen to All as One on repeat for hours on end!

And, because I'm feeling nice, a treat for you, Freehold.

Greatest. Movie. Ever.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

How was the song?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Doomkitten wrote:
How was the song?

Listening now. It seems quite good.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Everything he produces is quite good.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Try these on for size, Freehold.

145,051 to 145,100 of 239,982 << first < prev | 2897 | 2898 | 2899 | 2900 | 2901 | 2902 | 2903 | 2904 | 2905 | 2906 | 2907 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.