Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

144,951 to 145,000 of 238,474 << first < prev | 2895 | 2896 | 2897 | 2898 | 2899 | 2900 | 2901 | 2902 | 2903 | 2904 | 2905 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Fritzy, Flaming Bike Artillery wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Fritzy, Flaming Bike Artillery wrote:

sprays coffee everywhere as he scrambles to load the cannon.

Damn, I wasn't expecting that.

Calm down, missy! Mister? Rodent?

I didn't espouse any politics here!
Rummages around for dog-eared, yellowed, FaWtL rules guide...
Is even mentioning a political thread a sin?

I'm not sure, so I'm just going to fire at everything.

[ninja]~zneaks up right behind you and then yells "FIRE!!!", then sneaks away again~[/ninja]


2 people marked this as a favorite.

[ninja]~sneaks back in, grabs my scales, then sneaks back out~[/ninja]


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

LOL. But I think CY has the right of it -- I like campaign journals a lot more when the GM is piping up, saying, "And this is the thing they did that I didn't expect them to do, and this is how I adjusted the encounter" and then you get to read it from the player's point of view.

I loved Useplanb's Rise of the Runelords for that -- all the different players posted, and Useplanb posted when he felt it needed clarification.

Getting my other players/GM to post on the threads I start where I'm a player is like herding ill-tempered cats with epilepsy and an irrational hatred of keyboards...

Well, I've caught up!


Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Aranna wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Also, Windows 10 is both advertising at me (in the Start menu, no less - not to mention the irritating ads in the new Word) and seems quite slow.
There is a download out on the web that turns the Win 10 start bar into a Win 7 one. I found it very helpful to remove that annoying one and get the old one I liked back.

Start 10 vs. Classic Shell review. Start 10 is $5 after 30 days, Classic Shell is freeware (but you can donate to them.)

I adjusted pretty quick to the Win10 start menu, but under Win8/Win8.1 I used StartIsBack ($2.99 after 30 days). I liked it a lot and it was cheap, so I later bought it for my sister's desktop and sister-in-law's notebook.

Putting this on a new page to keep for a bit later.


NobodysHome wrote:

Well, I was having fun reading the "Election 2016" thread and learning all kinds of neat stuff, but it's finally snowballing into the train wreck we all knew it had to.

But it's surprising how much you can learn by lurking on those threads before they explode. I highly recommend it! (Depending on your tolerance level, of course.)

In other interesting tidbits, I find it fascinating that my "GM journals" (a very old Crimson Throne, then Rise of the Runelords, Wrath of the Righteous, and Serpent's Skull) are/were very popular (in the sense of lots of comments and favoriting), while the journals I write in the first person (Second Darkness, Mummy's Mask) are/were garnering no attention at all.

Makes me wonder whether it's writing style, the APs in question, the location, or what-have-you.

Interesting stuff all around!

This, too!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sharoth wrote:
Fritzy, Flaming Bike Artillery wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Fritzy, Flaming Bike Artillery wrote:

sprays coffee everywhere as he scrambles to load the cannon.

Damn, I wasn't expecting that.

Calm down, missy! Mister? Rodent?

I didn't espouse any politics here!
Rummages around for dog-eared, yellowed, FaWtL rules guide...
Is even mentioning a political thread a sin?

I'm not sure, so I'm just going to fire at everything.
[ninja]~zneaks up right behind you and then yells "FIRE!!!", then sneaks away again~[/ninja]

Zoinks! That zneaky Dragon!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sneaks up behind Fritzy and gives him/her/it a biiiiiiiiiig hug and a rub on the noggin.

Fritzy later discovers that all the flaming bike accelerant has been replaced by blue Jell-O.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*sniffle*

Went down to the storage area earlier. SO much dust. Now my eyes will not stop watering and my nose is all clogged. This is why I don't go down to the storage area.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Just got back from seeing a play that one of my HEMA pals did the music for. The music was first class; the play was a bit 'I am a 6th Form Drama student and want to be Edgy and Controversial'.

Right. That's enough culture for this year.

{Opens copy of 'Barbarian Nun Pirates of Callipygne vs. Wongo, the Ape Sorcerer' and prepares to lose what little brain he has left}


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Fritzy, Flaming Bike Artillery wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Fritzy, Flaming Bike Artillery wrote:

sprays coffee everywhere as he scrambles to load the cannon.

Damn, I wasn't expecting that.

Calm down, missy! Mister? Rodent?

I didn't espouse any politics here!
Rummages around for dog-eared, yellowed, FaWtL rules guide...
Is even mentioning a political thread a sin?

I'm not sure, so I'm just going to fire at everything.

COUNTERBATTERY FIRE! NIXON'S BACK, AND THEY CAN'T LICK OUR DICK!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Well, I was having fun reading the "Election 2016" thread and learning all kinds of neat stuff, but it's finally snowballing into the train wreck we all knew it had to.

But it's surprising how much you can learn by lurking on those threads before they explode. I highly recommend it! (Depending on your tolerance level, of course.)

In other interesting tidbits, I find it fascinating that my "GM journals" (a very old Crimson Throne, then Rise of the Runelords, Wrath of the Righteous, and Serpent's Skull) are/were very popular (in the sense of lots of comments and favoriting), while the journals I write in the first person (Second Darkness, Mummy's Mask) are/were garnering no attention at all.

Makes me wonder whether it's writing style, the APs in question, the location, or what-have-you.

Interesting stuff all around!

Randomness of people finding them might play a role. I haven't known you had a first-person journals until now.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

Well, I was having fun reading the "Election 2016" thread and learning all kinds of neat stuff, but it's finally snowballing into the train wreck we all knew it had to.

But it's surprising how much you can learn by lurking on those threads before they explode. I highly recommend it! (Depending on your tolerance level, of course.)

In other interesting tidbits, I find it fascinating that my "GM journals" (a very old Crimson Throne, then Rise of the Runelords, Wrath of the Righteous, and Serpent's Skull) are/were very popular (in the sense of lots of comments and favoriting), while the journals I write in the first person (Second Darkness, Mummy's Mask) are/were garnering no attention at all.

Makes me wonder whether it's writing style, the APs in question, the location, or what-have-you.

Interesting stuff all around!

Randomness of people finding them might play a role. I haven't known you had a first-person journals until now.

The Leilani one was a hard sell -- most people I know on the boards haven't played Second Darkness much, and didn't want to read about an AP they hadn't been in. Plus, it died in Book 2. Mummy's Mask is a LOT of fun so far. I don't know how other people roleplay, but my characters develop their own personalities independent of me. Sometimes they're neat, like Leilani's righteous impertinence. Sometimes they're hard to play -- Raj had major psychological issues.

So far, Red is just a blast. I'm looking forward to seeing who she turns out to be...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
General Blockhead wrote:
Fritzy, Flaming Bike Artillery wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Fritzy, Flaming Bike Artillery wrote:

sprays coffee everywhere as he scrambles to load the cannon.

Damn, I wasn't expecting that.

Calm down, missy! Mister? Rodent?

I didn't espouse any politics here!
Rummages around for dog-eared, yellowed, FaWtL rules guide...
Is even mentioning a political thread a sin?

I'm not sure, so I'm just going to fire at everything.
COUNTERBATTERY FIRE! NIXON'S BACK, AND THEY CAN'T LICK OUR DICK!

MA'AM, YES MA'AM!

HATTENTION, HALL UNITS! HALRIGHT, YOU 'ORRIBLE LOT! HON THE COMMAND "I HAM NOT A C*CK", HATTACK THE HAREA WITH HEVERYTHING YOU 'AVE HAVAILABLE, 'AM HINCLUDED!


Battery Sgt. Major Longears wrote:
General Blockhead wrote:
Fritzy, Flaming Bike Artillery wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Fritzy, Flaming Bike Artillery wrote:

sprays coffee everywhere as he scrambles to load the cannon.

Damn, I wasn't expecting that.

Calm down, missy! Mister? Rodent?

I didn't espouse any politics here!
Rummages around for dog-eared, yellowed, FaWtL rules guide...
Is even mentioning a political thread a sin?

I'm not sure, so I'm just going to fire at everything.
COUNTERBATTERY FIRE! NIXON'S BACK, AND THEY CAN'T LICK OUR DICK!

MA'AM, YES MA'AM!

HATTENTION, HALL UNITS! HALRIGHT, YOU 'ORRIBLE LOT! HON THE COMMAND "I HAM NOT A C*CK", HATTACK THE HAREA WITH HEVERYTHING YOU 'AVE HAVAILABLE, 'AM HINCLUDED!

Ready! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! Aim!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Should be a good day! The kids are having a sleepover at Pea Bear's best friend's house, and the General and I are going on one of those "dates" we hear the young people talking about.

Still feels like I'm forgetting something though...


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Shhh! Don't tell him! It will make his birthday better in comparison.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

...nope, can't think of anything! Oh well, it couldn't have been that important. :-)

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Happy anniversary!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Marge is pregnant!!! No!!!!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

No, just kidding, nobody is pregnant.

Thanks! 15 years now, and I love her more now, then when we got married. :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Happy Anniversary! Woo!


Blarg! Sceptic system fail! What a sucky way to start a weeklong birthday celebration...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Yup, that's no good. :-(


4 people marked this as a favorite.

On the other hand: WOW! This morning has started out pretty sucky and anarchic for a host of reasons, but I was determined to get something nice done for my Eldest at thee start of his celebrations... and I failed by leaving my wallet at home! On the other hand, the employees at Chick-fil-A more than delivered: one of them (they purposefully blocked me from learning who, the rascals) fully paid for our meal and made sure that my son recieved an extra large amount of whip cream on his birthday milkshake!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I may have punned a bit.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Happy anniversary, CY!

We're off to see Suicide Squad tonight. Everything I've read indicates it has the "holy trinity" of terrible moviedom:

  • It's a "dark" movie, so all the scenes are dark
  • It's an "action" movie, so all the action scenes are done using shaky-cam
  • It's an "action" movie, so all action scenes are cut so that no shot lasts more than 1 second
  • Given that, I will probably emerge from the theater disappointed and somewhat nauseous.

    On the bright side, good food (Fuddruckers), good company (NobodysWife, the Imps, and Shiro's player), and expectations of disappointment should be enough to assuage what promises to be a terrible, terrible film experience...


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    It's got Harley Quinn in hot pants, so it can be as bad a movie as it likes. I plan to go and see it, and I'm generally very anti superhero films.

    EDIT: ((Nicki Minaj as Harley Quinn. Talk about a missed casting opportunity... I'd probably better shut up now.))

    Happy anniversary, Captain!

    Happy little lad's birthday, TL!

    In other news, they've finished making my new sidesword. I am very happy, even if I'm going to have to shell out a large number of quids as a result. Still, pro-quality stabbing shouldn't come cheap.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    It is important to be able to stab in a professional manner.


    8 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    Just think, at this exact time, fifteen years ago, I was driving down a lonely forlorn highway, looking for my dad's supposedly broken down car (he was the minister, he got it working before I got out there, but you know, no cell phone) in 86 degree weather, while the General sat on the porch in her wedding dress, with her Sister in law's whispering in her ear "he's not coming back"

    Good times!

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

    Gah, I gotta do this AGAIN tonight?


    5 people marked this as a favorite.
    Tacticslion wrote:
    Blarg! Sceptic system fail! What a sucky way to start a weeklong birthday celebration...

    Good news! The Stankening has finished! We are free~!


    4 people marked this as a favorite.

    'Limey, meet 7% abv Polish porter. 7% abv Polish porter, meet Limey'

    'Hi there'

    'Cześć. Jak długo przed leżysz płasko na plecach, strasznie nadużywają Google Translate, jodłowanie i wymachując szablą w powietrzu?'

    'About 45 minutes, I'd say'


    Limeylongears wrote:

    'Limey, meet 7% abv Polish porter. 7% abv Polish porter, meet Limey'

    'Hi there'

    'Cześć. Jak długo przed leżysz płasko na plecach, strasznie nadużywają Google Translate, jodłowanie i wymachując szablą w powietrzu?'

    'About 45 minutes, I'd say'

    No idea what you're saying, but good job with the Polish!


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    TriOmegaZero wrote:
    Gah, I gotta do this AGAIN tonight?

    ... and again, and again, and again, and again...


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Limeylongears wrote:

    'Limey, meet 7% abv Polish porter. 7% abv Polish porter, meet Limey'

    'Hi there'

    'Cześć. Jak długo przed leżysz płasko na plecach, strasznie nadużywają Google Translate, jodłowanie i wymachując szablą w powietrzu?'

    'About 45 minutes, I'd say'

    I'll git er done in twenty minutes, fifteen if i slam a few industrial size Red Bull beforehand.


    4 people marked this as a favorite.
    Limeylongears wrote:

    'Limey, meet 7% abv Polish porter. 7% abv Polish porter, meet Limey'

    'Hi there'

    'Cześć. Jak długo przed leżysz płasko na plecach, strasznie nadużywają Google Translate, jodłowanie i wymachując szablą w powietrzu?'

    'About 45 minutes, I'd say'

    When Google Translate will be fully capable of handling Polish grammar, I will bow down to our new AI Overlord.

    Not anytime soon, I suspect...


    3 people marked this as a favorite.

    Unless Google Translate is smarter than I think and accurately reflects Limey's current grammar capabilities...

    How many of those porters there were again?


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Limeylongears wrote:
    'Limey, meet 7% abv Polish porter. 7% abv Polish porter, meet Limey'

    Pft. I've in my fridge an 11% bourbon barrel aged stout, and I've in the past consumed 12% red ale.

    Or, ypu know, we could just stop playing games and go straight for the 47% rum.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Rosita the Riveter wrote:
    Limeylongears wrote:
    'Limey, meet 7% abv Polish porter. 7% abv Polish porter, meet Limey'

    Pft. I've in my fridge an 11% bourbon barrel aged stout, and I've in the past consumed 12% red ale.

    Or, ypu know, we could just stop playing games and go straight for the 47% rum.

    My father was a firm believer in flaunting laws he considered stupid. So when 192-proof Everclear was only available in Nevada, he made sure to buy a couple of bottles every time he was there.

    Of course, he never drank it, so I inherited a case of over 12 bottles, which I use for cleaning my battle mat.

    Life is apparently different in Michigan. Shiro's player assures me that in his college days he and his friends made screwdrivers using Everclear in place of vodka. They were apparently hard to drink, but got you drunk really, really fast.

    Go figure...

    EDIT: And don't get me started on "Nuclear Risk", which involves several Risk boards, a bottle of at least 90% isopropyl or ethyl alcohol, and a lighter. Good times!


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    Risk is the board game I totally get, haven't lost yet.

    I also haven't played it in fifteen years or so.

    But I should be fine as long as they still have Asia and Australia.

    Silver Crusade

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    NobodysHome wrote:

    Happy anniversary, CY!

    We're off to see Suicide Squad tonight. Everything I've read indicates it has the "holy trinity" of terrible moviedom:

  • It's a "dark" movie, so all the scenes are dark
  • It's an "action" movie, so all the action scenes are done using shaky-cam
  • It's an "action" movie, so all action scenes are cut so that no shot lasts more than 1 second
  • Given that, I will probably emerge from the theater disappointed and somewhat nauseous.

    On the bright side, good food (Fuddruckers), good company (NobodysWife, the Imps, and Shiro's player), and expectations of disappointment should be enough to assuage what promises to be a terrible, terrible film experience...

    I'll be curious to hear how it is.

    We are going to the movies tonight, but I have opted for Star Trek over Suicide Squad.

    Silver Crusade

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    captain yesterday wrote:

    Risk is the board game I totally get, haven't lost yet.

    I also haven't played it in fifteen years or so.

    But I should be fine as long as they still have Asia and Australia.

    Australia is a trap! I started winning once I started focusing on South America instead. Only marginally harder to hold, but vastly more strategic.


    3 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    Ixnay on the Outh America say.

    :
    I was trying to spread false intelligence.

    don't listen to him, Australia is the Beeznees. ;-)


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Ah, Risk. Great game.

    Historically, I have had greater luck holding Europe than the Australia/Asia combo, but I still prefer the latter. 2 armies on New Guinea every turn.

    Any of y'all ever played that old-school game called Stratego?


    4 people marked this as a favorite.
    captain yesterday wrote:

    Risk is the board game I totally get, haven't lost yet.

    I also haven't played it in fifteen years or so.

    But I should be fine as long as they still have Asia and Australia.

    Wait... There is only one type of player who always wins Risk... The table smooth talker. You know the guy who can always convince people the OTHER guy is the real threat. He builds and betrays alliances with ease and no one ever suspects him till he conquers it all. Man that guy is hard to play against.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    NobodysHome wrote:
    Rosita the Riveter wrote:
    Limeylongears wrote:
    'Limey, meet 7% abv Polish porter. 7% abv Polish porter, meet Limey'

    Pft. I've in my fridge an 11% bourbon barrel aged stout, and I've in the past consumed 12% red ale.

    Or, ypu know, we could just stop playing games and go straight for the 47% rum.

    My father was a firm believer in flaunting laws he considered stupid. So when 192-proof Everclear was only available in Nevada, he made sure to buy a couple of bottles every time he was there.

    Of course, he never drank it, so I inherited a case of over 12 bottles, which I use for cleaning my battle mat.

    Life is apparently different in Michigan. Shiro's player assures me that in his college days he and his friends made screwdrivers using Everclear in place of vodka. They were apparently hard to drink, but got you drunk really, really fast.

    Go figure...

    EDIT: And don't get me started on "Nuclear Risk", which involves several Risk boards, a bottle of at least 90% isopropyl or ethyl alcohol, and a lighter. Good times!

    Dammit, man, even I have limits, and you've found one of them. I'm not putting Everclear anywhere near my body.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Syrus Terrigan wrote:

    Ah, Risk. Great game.

    Historically, I have had greater luck holding Europe than the Australia/Asia combo, but I still prefer the latter. 2 armies on New Guinea every turn.

    Any of y'all ever played that old-school game called Stratego?

    Oh, don't get me started on when they decided that "the 1 is the most powerful token" was TOO CONFUSING, and modern versions of Stratego have all the numbers reversed...

    Shakes his old man cane, cursing at a once-beloved game now ruined because the numbers go backwards...


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
    Aranna wrote:
    captain yesterday wrote:

    Risk is the board game I totally get, haven't lost yet.

    I also haven't played it in fifteen years or so.

    But I should be fine as long as they still have Asia and Australia.

    Wait... There is only one type of player who always wins Risk... The table smooth talker. You know the guy who can always convince people the OTHER guy is the real threat. He builds and betrays alliances with ease and no one ever suspects him till he conquers it all. Man that guy is hard to play against.

    Also the guy that sits quietly as everyone fights over North America. :-)


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

    Risk deadpan voice: Oh darn. You have taken Nova Scotia. Surely Greenland is the next to fall. Oh dearie me.

    Sideshow Bob voice: I move my armies into Chile. (which everyone knows, pales in comparison to Queensland)


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    I like taking Asia more than North America, it's a little harder to get, but just as easy to hold and once you do hold it for a couple turns you gain control over every continent except South America.

    144,951 to 145,000 of 238,474 << first < prev | 2895 | 2896 | 2897 | 2898 | 2899 | 2900 | 2901 | 2902 | 2903 | 2904 | 2905 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.