Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

143,851 to 143,900 of 232,806 << first < prev | 2873 | 2874 | 2875 | 2876 | 2877 | 2878 | 2879 | 2880 | 2881 | 2882 | 2883 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.

It's just so melodramatic and over produced.

I'd take the Great British Baking Show over Master Chef any day.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I was a chef, sandwich artiste, and baker for ten years before I got into landscaping, which had a better schedule for a budding family.

Also, I'm happier. :-)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Great British Baking Show you say, I'll look for that one.

I'm also a big fan of travel shows.

Captain Yesterday fun fact: When Pea Bear was born we lived two blocks away from Rick Steves in Edmonds, Wa.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:

It's just so melodramatic and over produced.

I'd take the Great British Baking Show over Master Chef any day.

Talk about melodramatic! Put some clothes on!

Also, ID2 was fun!

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

Great British Baking Show you say, I'll look for that one.

I'm also a big fan of travel shows.

Captain Yesterday fun fact: When Pea Bear was born we lived two blocks away from Rick Steves in Edmonds, Wa.

I believe it is the Great British Bakeoff in the UK. In the US, it airs long after the fact on PBS.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I bet it's on Hulu.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

The General, helping Tiny T-Rex pack "Do you need your red cape?

Tiny T-Rex "Do you mean my cloak? Yes, yes I do"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
I bet it's on Hulu.

Don't know about Hulu, but there's one season on Netflix.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Schlock Mercenary Spoiler:
<3 Petey. How could one not love reformed psycho-bear AI with godlike powers.

It's a shame that Schlock's psycho-bears Tausennigan Ob'en are such characteristic that I shouldn't probably stat them up...

On the other hand...

With the Starfinder coming...


YUSSSSSSSSS... DO IT.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Tacticslion wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:

It's just so melodramatic and over produced.

I'd take the Great British Baking Show over Master Chef any day.

Talk about melodramatic! Put some clothes on!

Also, ID2 was fun!

"They always get the landmarks"


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I played my "the family is really pissing me off, if I go I'm going to punch someone's face off" card we each give ourselves every year (The General uses hers for her family's annual pig roast-drunken biker brawl bonfire, which is coming up in a couple weeks).


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Tomatoes are a mess, the storm knocked one or two over, they've long outgrown their cages, which are bent and twisted now.

Lots of tomatoes that are almost ripe though.

The Little Tomato Plant of Horrors, if I stand it up is now as tall as me (I'm 5'7")


6 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm gone with virtually no internet for an entire WEEK and you guys only manage a paltry 192 posts?

I'm disappointed in all of you. :-P


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Indeed, I make myself sick.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Let's all be sick!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm going to be watching Terminator: Genesis later. So yes I do anticipate some nausea. :-)


8 people marked this as a favorite.

Woo! FInished sorting and cleaning the kidlet's room! Turned his closet into a nerf armory, which was made much easier by his willingness to get rid of the pile of toys that was in the way of that. He did very well this year. We have definitely had less conflicts about getting rid of things the last couple of years through this. It helps that I have been able to step back and let him actually make the decisions now. Well, that and reminding him for like two months ahead of time that if he keeps more toys there will be less room for the ones he actually wants to play with and he's responsible for keeping his room clean now. :)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

Great British Baking Show you say, I'll look for that one.

I'm also a big fan of travel shows.

Captain Yesterday fun fact: When Pea Bear was born we lived two blocks away from Rick Steves in Edmonds, Wa.

I believe it is the Great British Bakeoff in the UK. In the US, it airs long after the fact on PBS.

Just out of interest, does 'bakeoff' mean something different in the US (or does it mean nothing at all ) ?

Today I sold quite a lot of books (£150 worth, give or take a few quid), won a bottle of beer in a tombola and bought some Brass Things.

I like Brass Things.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Science and history museums are awesome!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

What part of "It is illegal to pass or pull up alongside a stopped light rail vehicle with your car, because it's in the leftmost traffic lane and passengers will be walking across the rightmost traffic lane, and also you may block the doors with your car." don't people understand?

Or that it is illegal to drive your car in the red traffic lanes, because those are for public transit, emergency services, and city vehicles only?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

"Son, I could fill a steamer trunk with the amount of stupid you are, but no, that's where they went" - Ted Danson, season 2 of Fargo.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

Great British Baking Show you say, I'll look for that one.

I'm also a big fan of travel shows.

Captain Yesterday fun fact: When Pea Bear was born we lived two blocks away from Rick Steves in Edmonds, Wa.

I believe it is the Great British Bakeoff in the UK. In the US, it airs long after the fact on PBS.

Just out of interest, does 'bakeoff' mean something different in the US (or does it mean nothing at all ) ?

Today I sold quite a lot of books (£150 worth, give or take a few quid), won a bottle of beer in a tombola and bought some Brass Things.

I like Brass Things.

In the US, "bakeoff" refers to a competition in baking skill. So... exactly what the show is about. I can't conceive why they changed the name, honestly.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

It's good to know that IT departments worldwide are the same.

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the Grand Californian hotel at Disneyland, but it ain't cheap. To the tune of over $600/night for a room for 4 if you can't find a discount rate. And good luck finding one, since it's easily the most popular hotel in the entire area, so they don't NEED to offer discounts to fill it up.

Yet once a year we stay there for a few nights because it's a darned nice hotel. The staff is insanely friendly. The amenities are amazing. (Barrista in the lounge in the morning? Check. Live piano music in the evening? Check. Direct entry into the park from the hotel, without having to deal with the ginormous security lines outside? Check. Etc.)

This year, we went through a travel agent and she couldn't get us anything other than a "standard" room, so we ended up with a room with a beautiful view of... a rooftop. However, much to our amazement, it had the best fireworks view we've ever had, even when Shiro's player came with us and rented out one of the high-end "view rooms". Unfortunately, being in a corner, it had... no wireless signal to speak of.

I understand how IT departments think: If you put access points too close to the outside, then *gasp* non-guests will use your network! The horrors! But paying $600+/night for a room with free wireless and being unable to connect a single iDevice was more than annoying.

Even worse was getting the EXACT SAME customer service delivered by IT departments worldwide:

"We don't have a signal. Do you have a spare repeater we could set up in the room?"
"Well, we don't have one of those, but we'll look into it."
Two hours pass
"I called two hours ago. Any progress on our wireless signal?"
"Let me check. Did the person you spoke with create a ticket? Because I'm not seeing one."
"I don't know. Why don't you create a ticket for me, just in case."
"OK. I'll create one, and I'll let you know what I can find out."
Two hours pass
NobodysHome decides he has better things to do with his vacation than deal with yet another do-nothing IT department and goes off to the park.

Needless to say, our wireless never got fixed, and Disney's going to get a nice nastygram over it. Thankfully, Disney is one of the companies that takes customer satisfaction very seriously, so I'll see how they respond to their IT department's non-response.

Other than that, it was a FANTASTIC trip, though I'm rather ashamed to admit we almost used up our budget. The usual: If you know you have it, and you know you set it aside precisely for the trip, you know you're going to spend it. Next year I'll budget less.

But it WAS hilarious trying to pack the Prius with all our luggage, PLUS all the stuff we bought, PLUS the giant stuffed wiener dog the kids won at the boardwalk.

They learned a valuable lesson: "Never win ANYTHING at Disneyland, because then you have to ride home with it!"

Lesson learned.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Awesome, NH! (Except for IT and wireless - that sucks!)

We're back from the museum. Daggum, I must have the constitution of a thimble: that backseat in the vehicle (minivan? Explorer? I dunno - the thing with three solid rows of seats, and a strip of backspace; don't think it's actually a van, but whatever) nearly did me in. I needed to lie down in the dark until I stopped hearing that sonorous car-wheel-noise, and the nausea passed. (Of course the nausea was at least in part an hour+ moderately bumpy ride in 106+ degree heat... no matter your AC, you can only do so much to mitigate that in a car...)


3 people marked this as a favorite.

The flesh and blood were missing a bone structure. That has been rectified.


6 people marked this as a favorite.

Rosita's Boss: It's employee review time. Everything's pretty good except minor stuff. Blah blah blah this year's goals blah blah stupid s~## corporate's doing blah blah your raise. Personal development suggestion I have for you: you should be drinking more wine.

I love this job.


8 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Everyone made it home, safe and sound but incredibly tired.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Didn't get to Terminator: Genesis.

I did however get to watch Fargo again, and found a whole bunch of s+@! in Fallout New Vegas I'd never found before.

On top of all the dishes, and getting our room clean.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

You're probably better off not having watched G3n15why5.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

So, would Doom Comes to Dustpawn work better for a Hell's Vengeance party or Iron Gods party, I'm gonna get it I think when subscriptions ship. :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

No drama, just an observation I've had that I didn't want to derail elsewhere with. Ever so slight Hell's Vengeance spoilers ahead. :-)

:
I noticed in the post your party for Hell's Vengeance, someone is allowing a gunslinger. I'm not one to rain on someone's parade, or not allow classes, but as I was preparing for Hell's Vengeance, I was thankful I didn't have any gunslingers, because all those knights running around in full plate with almost no dexterity are easy pickings, like every module ending like Indiana Jones in the market with diarrhea easy pickings. So, I anticipate an irate GM in a couple months b%$~%ing about his party not being challenged.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
So, would Doom Comes to Dustpawn work better for a Hell's Vengeance party or Iron Gods party, I'm gonna get it I think when subscriptions ship. :-)

I would recommend it for an Iron Gods party.

Also, yay! Thanks in advance for picking up the module.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

It sounds really cool, I love the 50s pulp feel the description evokes.

I was considering Hell's Vengeance because Isger, but the modules seem more movable. :-)


3 people marked this as a favorite.

True, geographically, Hell's Vengeance is better. :)

Thematically, Iron Gods is much better.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I don't understand how someone can willingly give T:G a try, but badmouth SW7...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

What's SW7?

Terminator: Genesis is on Hulu, it's the only reason I would consider seeing it, if whatever SW7 is was on Hulu I'd consider seeing that too. :-)

Edit: And I expect Terminator to be bad, really bad.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Star Wars 7. Force Awakens.

Yeah, one day it'll be on Hulu, so that's fair enough.

And yeah...Genisys is pretty awful.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
thegreenteagamer wrote:
I don't understand how someone can willingly give T:G a try, but badmouth SW7...

Indeed, I work in mysterious ways.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Movies I've seen on Hulu, a constructive review.

- Transformers: Age of Extinction, I'm confident in saying it's the absolute worse movie I've seen on there. John Goodman sounding Transformer literally spent at least eight minutes dying in slow motion yelling "You can do it Cade!" And that's one of the better acting moments. I've never rooted so hard for mass extinction.

World War Z, a great movie, especially when Brad Pitt gives himself syphilis.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I could fill a steamer trunk with the amount of stupid Michael Bay packed into this one, but it's actually pretty entertaining. Just don't turn "everyone drinks until Megan Fox closes her mouth" into a drinking game.

Interstellar, too long, way too long, I'm still not quite sure I made it to the end.

Spongebob Squarepants, Sponge Out of Water, actually a really good movie, but then, I love Spongebob, so...

Noah's Ark, haven't delved too far into this one, is entertaining so far, surprisingly preachy about being vegetarian.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
thegreenteagamer wrote:
I don't understand how someone can willingly give T:G a try, but badmouth SW7...

insanity, that.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

Movies I've seen on Hulu, a constructive review.

- Transformers: Age of Extinction, I'm confident in saying it's the absolute worse movie I've seen on there. John Goodman sounding Transformer literally spent at least eight minutes dying in slow motion yelling "You can do it Cade!" And that's one of the better acting moments. I've never rooted so hard for mass extinction.

prepares to smite

Quote:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I could fill a steamer trunk with the amount of stupid Michael Bay packed into this one, but it's actually pretty entertaining. Just don't turn "everyone drinks until Megan Fox closes her mouth" into a drinking game.

Refrains from smiting

Quote:
Spongebob Squarepants, Sponge Out of Water, actually a really good movie, but then, I love Spongebob, so...

hangs out with Tom Kenny out of spite, tells him to not visit CY's house


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

To be fair, TMNT is a good movie overall, it's just a lot of little things that become noticeable on multiple viewings (such as the fact that Megan Fox doesn't close her mouth the entire movie) Transformers had potential but was ruined by a terrible cast, Mark Wahlberg especially, but Kelsey Grammar should also be ashamed.

Edit: Also, the fight between Splinter and the Foot Ninjas is hands down, one of my favorite movie fights, especially how he's using his tail. Classic!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Also, I don't need Tom Kenney, I can copy Spongebob's voice perfectly. :-)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon was the only movie I experienced where the idiots talking during the movie actually made it more entertaining.


captain yesterday wrote:
To be fair, TMNT is a good movie overall,

YUS.

captain yesterday wrote:
it's just a lot of little things that become noticeable on multiple viewings (such as the fact that Megan Fox doesn't close her mouth the entire movie)

It took you more than once for that to bother you? :)

(I think the second one explicitly worked on changing this, as Indidnt notice it during that film.)


10 people marked this as a favorite.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot: happy my birthday to everyone!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Happy birthday!

Don't do anything I would do. :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Happy Spawnday!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Happy Tacticsday!

143,851 to 143,900 of 232,806 << first < prev | 2873 | 2874 | 2875 | 2876 | 2877 | 2878 | 2879 | 2880 | 2881 | 2882 | 2883 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.