Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

141,801 to 141,850 of 239,936 << first < prev | 2832 | 2833 | 2834 | 2835 | 2836 | 2837 | 2838 | 2839 | 2840 | 2841 | 2842 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Life Model Decoy! Sweet!

Edit: Our viewing figures just went up.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

[Insert Final Fantasy 6 comparison here]


Hey: FF6 is the (second) best Final Fantasy!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

To be fair, TOZ enigmatically ninja'd me.

So...

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Tacticslion wrote:
Hey: FF6 is the (second) best Final Fantasy!

Nah, you're thinking of Tactics. :)


5 people marked this as a favorite.

I think one of the most fascinating areas of research in psychology today is what I'd call the "entrenched political viewpoint" phenomenon:
Most listeners dismiss any evidence to the contrary of their current viewpoints, no matter how convincing, and accept and remember any supporting evidence, no matter how sketchy.

It's the only way I can understand Trump's success; any monkey given $1 million and sound investment advice starting in the late 70's/early 80's would be a billionaire by now; failing to fail doesn't exactly make him a business "genius". Yet every day he lies outrageously or proposes the impossible, and the public eats it up.

No matter your political leanings, I hope that Trump's candidacy gives you pause, simply because it is, in its foundation, not based on any facts whatsoever.

That's just scary.

And it's politics, so I'll shut up...

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I just experienced exactly what you are talking about on the PFS Facebook group. Guy would not listen to anyone answering his question about spellcasters and ended up disabling further comments on his topic. (I haven't decided if this is a good feature or not yet.)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I get it, totally understand, I feel the same way.
but... I'm still gonna shoot at you anyway... It's not you, that's just politics.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

LOL. OK. I posted. And yeah, that is one hostile crowd!

I'll hide in my friendly neighborhood FaWtL thread, thanks.

Shadow Lodge

5 people marked this as a favorite.

What did you do Ray


3 people marked this as a favorite.
NH wrote:

LOL. OK. I posted. And yeah, that is one hostile crowd!

I'll hide in my friendly neighborhood FaWtL thread, thanks.

You can run, but you can't hide. Ima gonna kick your ass all the way to Albany...New York


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

That's the most boring part of New York City!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
TOZ wrote:
What did you do Ray

LOL. "I just couldn't help myself..."

But when you say, "In general, I do xxx" and the second response is, 'You're the worst kind of GM imaginable,' it's time to just hide the thread and move on.

Wow... just... wow....


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I was the first response! Which surprised me honestly. I was making Tiny T-Rex lunch while I typed that. It took me like five minutes. :-D

Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.

A scientist, a sprint runner, and a sumo wrestler VS a giant adhesive bug trap.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
NobodysHome wrote:
But when you say, "In general, I do xxx"

I have to observe that while that may have been your intention, it did not appear to actually be what you did. But since this is not the place for this discussion, I suggest we let it go.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
TriOmegaZero wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
But when you say, "In general, I do xxx"
I have to observe that while that may have been your intention, it did not appear to actually be what you did. But since this is not the place for this discussion, I suggest we let it go.

Don't worry. I already hid the thread and everything.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
TriOmegaZero wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
But when you say, "In general, I do xxx"
I have to observe that while that may have been your intention, it did not appear to actually be what you did. But since this is not the place for this discussion, I suggest we let it go.

But yeah, I've found two types of thread on Paizo:

"When I GM, I disallow XXX because it doesn't make sense to me."

Thread Type I: "Well, what about this situation?"
- A thread worth following.

Thread Type II: "Then you are a terrible person."
- A thread worth hiding.


Thunderstorm rolling in!!!

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

But yeah, I've found two types of thread on Paizo:

"When I GM, I disallow XXX because it doesn't make sense to me."

This is so often not what is done.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I don't understand why employees steal from the registers. You're on camera, the managers know damn well when the register is off, they know who rang up what and when, and if you just clean out a register and run ($400 if you're lucky, at least where I work), they know where you live and what your SSN and stuff is to tell the cops. The risk is just so disproportionate to the reward.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rosita the Riveter wrote:
I don't understand why employees steal from the registers. You're on camera, the managers know damn well when the register is off, they know who rang up what and when, and if you just clean out a register and run ($400 if you're lucky, at least where I work), they know where you live and what your SSN and stuff is to tell the cops. The risk is just so disproportionate to the reward.

The unfortunate fact is, most criminals are criminally stupid.

Watch interviews with the guy who inspired, "Catch Me If You Can". They're very telling. There are generally three types of criminals:

(1) Those too stupid/amoral/immature to understand the consequences. "I want x. So I will take x. Because I have a right to x because I want it."
Welcome to 90+% of the "criminal world".

(2) Those too desperate to care about the consequences. These are the saddest. Jean ValJean and all that.

(3) Those who think they're "too smart" to get caught. These are the really dangerous ones, because on rare occasions they REALLY are that smart. But usually they're just as pathetic as Type I, and even more self-entitled.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Because they're stupid?

If there weren't dumb people, average people would be dumb and smart people would be average. Sometimes the answer is just "they're idiots."

Smart criminals don't get caught. Really smart ones don't let you know a crime even occurred.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Of course the smartest ones build impregnable lairs, employ an army of blindly loyal minions that may or may not be mind controlled, and gives the world five days to meet their demands before unleashing whatever doomsday device is trendy at the moment.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

First wave of thunderstorms has passed. Looks like we have a bit while wave two collects moisture from the atmosphere to really cut loose for dinner time.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Heavy Metal lyrics are really easy to write.

Bad Heavy Metal lyrics, anyway.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I got my Fallout games back in action. My players, all but two, seem eager to get back to the game. So, hey, I'm GMing again. Better than waiting to find a game - especially since I honestly really enjoyed running with these guys, and want to see where the game goes. Gonna merge both groups for my own ease, though. Not sure I can handle two simultaneous storylines, and these two were playing in the same world aware of one another. Looking forward to it.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

Just type Jingasa into the search box. Or wait five minutes, one will pop up.

Otherwise, search a "civil discussion about optimizing"

SPOILER ALERT!!

It's not civil. :-) get your licks in now, it won't last long. :-)

fires non flaming bike missile "Cycle Rocket"

Do not invite drama from other threads here or use this thread to plan drama for other threads! That's what PMs are for!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

I think one of the most fascinating areas of research in psychology today is what I'd call the "entrenched political viewpoint" phenomenon:

Most listeners dismiss any evidence to the contrary of their current viewpoints, no matter how convincing, and accept and remember any supporting evidence, no matter how sketchy.

It's the only way I can understand Trump's success; any monkey given $1 million and sound investment advice starting in the late 70's/early 80's would be a billionaire by now; failing to fail doesn't exactly make him a business "genius". Yet every day he lies outrageously or proposes the impossible, and the public eats it up.

No matter your political leanings, I hope that Trump's candidacy gives you pause, simply because it is, in its foundation, not based on any facts whatsoever.

That's just scary.

And it's politics, so I'll shut up...

aims, but does not fire


4 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Rosita the Riveter wrote:
I don't understand why employees steal from the registers. You're on camera, the managers know damn well when the register is off, they know who rang up what and when, and if you just clean out a register and run ($400 if you're lucky, at least where I work), they know where you live and what your SSN and stuff is to tell the cops. The risk is just so disproportionate to the reward.

The unfortunate fact is, most criminals are criminally stupid.

Watch interviews with the guy who inspired, "Catch Me If You Can". They're very telling. There are generally three types of criminals:

(1) Those too stupid/amoral/immature to understand the consequences. "I want x. So I will take x. Because I have a right to x because I want it."
Welcome to 90+% of the "criminal world".

(2) Those too desperate to care about the consequences. These are the saddest. Jean ValJean and all that.

(3) Those who think they're "too smart" to get caught. These are the really dangerous ones, because on rare occasions they REALLY are that smart. But usually they're just as pathetic as Type I, and even more self-entitled.

most petty criminals are desperate folks, not really dumb, just a combination of scared, wanting, sly and boorish. I work with this type of criminal a lot at the main job.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:

{Suddenly, the table rocks and a Mysterious Voice speaks}

Ambroooosia....

Ambroooosia....

I bring messages of Hope from the Great Beyond....

Rosario Dawson is waiting for you....

Covered in rose petals and sprawled on a bed of Extra Strong Miiiints....

It's true... Really, it is

This would so work. Hell, the mints wouldn't even be necessary. Except a box of peppermint Altoids. For sekrit sexy reasons.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

People with psychopatic/sociopathic tendencies (definitions and overlap between those two terms vary between various psychologists and psychiatrists, sometimes they are considered the same, sometimes different) are more prone to committing crimes, but psycho/sociopathic tendencies are often linked with a diminished ability to learn.

Worse self-control doesn't help either.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Evening storms were a no show. They formed slightly north and east of us. :-(

Corn and peas appear to be poking out here or there. :-)

Grand Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Show up to the airport early, breeze through and have two hours to wait.

Better than the alternative.


Tacticslion wrote:
Parks and Rec is a pretty amazing show, as of the first two episodes~!

Season One was great! 'Dat ending!

Season two starts off surprisingly like season one, in its own way, with a few shocking openers! I am definitely hooked!


Tacticslion wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

Dang it, show, stop making me care! You're like a Soap Opera, only with lasting consequences that no one actually forgets about!

** spoiler omitted **

Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated!

I realized that the quote was my last post. Short version: it was great!

It really stuck the landing. The ending was hokey as all get-out in many regards, but that felt more like homage than mistake, and said hokey-ness actually works shockingly well in the way this series interacts with all prior iterations.

The jokes were good, the drama was strong, and the characters and story were engaging.

In the end, this was a series well worth the watching, and I strongly recommend it.


Triple post, 'cause I ain't care 'bout no normal human decency!

Im so sorry, everyone in my family and all of my friends and all who read this post. I really do casaaaaarrrrreeee~!

So: The Returned. Definitely not what I thought it was, but a really solid show, at least as of three episodes in. The "mystery" of the shake show seems to be that, somehow or another, a number of seemingly-random people are back from the dead in a small French border town (that is, a town in rural mountainous France). I, uh, I didn't get that it was set in France until I read the opening of Wikipedia. Certainly does explain all the retrenches references to French things and places in France! (And the French-sounding names.)

Anyway, the series so far has been tripping gripping, emotional, and fascinating. In some ways, it reminds of the early parts of Lost (no spoilers, I've not finished that series), though I understand this one only goes two seasons long as its creators "learned from the mistakes of Lost" (paraphrased) and so didn't want to stretch the mystery out tooooooooooooo long.

It's... not happy, and some of the people are either abhorrent or pathetic or both or something else (I'm not sure, but it's not "right"), and all of them have dark parts of themselves. None of the titular returned are saints, nor are they strictly "bad" people, so far (though some might be). There's a weird kid who may be at the center of everything, or not, and everyone should really just talk about stuff more than they do. It's interesting and gets a tentative, "You might want to check this out, but just be aware that it might not be the sunshine and rainbows of the dead being resurrects; but it's also not a strict horror/zombie/etc. film, either, and a couple of horror elements are present, but may well have natural instead of suernatural explanations."

Quasi-edit: DANG IT, AUTOCORRECT, IS NOTHING SACRED

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

~evil laughter~ Good job, my legion of Evil Programmers! Good job!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

One of the characters in my Fallout game got a crippled arm from an explosion. He just finished a bounty hunt and finally got enough money to get it bionically replaced.

I told him "on the plus side you can now call yourself the Nuclear Winter Soldier"


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm proud of this post. I shouldn't be, but I am.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Bayshore is a sad train station. So empty and quiet aside from the wind and the occasional rattle of an approaching train. Aren't even really many buildings in view of the station. Just scrub, grass, and garbage trucks. It's lonely, isolated, and cold. Long, desolate walk from the parking lot to the southbound platform, too.

It did feel good taking a seat in the Uber and realizing I am done with university housing for good.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Fun day at the beach Yesterday. Although my elbow brace is going to leave really lame tan lines when I can finally live without it.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Aranna wrote:

Fun day at the beach Yesterday. Although my elbow brace is going to leave really lame tan lines when I can finally live without it.

Just tell them that it is your bionic arm and it will not tan.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

What is this tan you speak of? :P

I have two settings: ghost and boiled lobster. I used to get so jealous of my sisters because they would get tan over the summer and I would not in spite of spending the same time outside. But at least I never have to worry about tan lines. ^.^

Glad you had a fun day,Aranna, and I'm sure the tan lines won't be that bad. :)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:

What is this tan you speak of? :P

I have two settings: ghost and boiled lobster.

Me too. Fortunately ghost is sexy. Well, I think so. This may have something to do with the first girls I ever knew admit they liked sexual things being goth chicks when I was in middle school. That tends to skew your perspective at an early age. So yeah...sexy.

At least in women it is. Men it's sort of "you look sickly." I think it's because precedent has been set with women of all shades having good bodies in the media, but I've never heard of a ripped pale white guy. Every good looking white guy in good shape seems to spend hours at the beach. You never see porcelain abs.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I never tanned, Irish and all. Then I started working outside and discovered I had a painful allergy to sun screen.

I like to think working outside awakened my Swedish genes or something. Whatever it was, I'm tanned now and I don't really burn much anymore.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Peas and corn definitely coming up, the moles didn't eat the corn as I had feared when I saw it's little tunnels criss crossing the row of corn. Might lose another melon plant as the dog steps on it because I stupidly planted it where the rabbits come through the fence. Or as we call it during the day The Bunny Highway. At night it takes a darker turn as the owl turns out yard into a killing field. Also we have a Muskrat in the field, saw it trying to climb the fence. A big one too.

I love spring!!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:

What is this tan you speak of? :P

I have two settings: ghost and boiled lobster. I used to get so jealous of my sisters because they would get tan over the summer and I would not in spite of spending the same time outside. But at least I never have to worry about tan lines. ^.^

Glad you had a fun day,Aranna, and I'm sure the tan lines won't be that bad. :)

I have no idea what tans are.

Mmmm. Lobster.... Homer Simpson drool


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

Peas and corn definitely coming up, the moles didn't eat the corn as I had feared when I saw it's little tunnels criss crossing the row of corn. Might lose another melon plant as the dog steps on it because I stupidly planted it where the rabbits come through the fence. Or as we call it during the day The Bunny Highway. At night it takes a darker turn as the owl turns out yard into a killing field. Also we have a Muskrat in the field, saw it trying to climb the fence. A big one too.

I love spring!!

sounds like a lot of commotion. Winter sounds much calmer.

141,801 to 141,850 of 239,936 << first < prev | 2832 | 2833 | 2834 | 2835 | 2836 | 2837 | 2838 | 2839 | 2840 | 2841 | 2842 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.