Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

137,751 to 137,800 of 236,831 << first < prev | 2751 | 2752 | 2753 | 2754 | 2755 | 2756 | 2757 | 2758 | 2759 | 2760 | 2761 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

But the puddles man! My god the puddles are fun!

I'm just kidding, I lived in Seattle and worked outside to boot, still it beats driving in snow and ice, or Montana. :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Yay! I'm foxy and naked, who's up for Foxy Boxing!

Or, am I misunderstanding what Foxy Boxing is.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Oh, I know it's better than the snow.

Orthos, TL, and myself have been telling you for months our homelands are objectively better than yours.

(:-P)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
How is driving in the rain different, I mean other then having to use wipers, I love driving in the rain. :-)

It's extremely different. The road is slicker, meaning among other things you have to brake sooner to avoid skidding and you can't take as sharp of turns or make many sudden actions. Vision is obscured, which makes it harder to see things around you, especially at night. And those are just the first couple to jump to mind, there's many more.

And you get about an even split of idiots who continue driving without compensating for the rain's adjustments appropriately and idiots who overcompensate and go 20 miles under the speed limit because they're so terrified of a little water.

I didn't know you lived in California!


You should all move to Ocala!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm close enough. You going to Megacon TL?


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

But the cows man! We have cows! And Apples, also spring, and Tornadoes. You haven't lived until you've almost died in a Tornado, several times.. never mind, bad example.. cows man! We have cows! Perhaps, you just need to milk one to get the full experience, you should totally come up for dairy month to milk cows.

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Orthos wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
How is driving in the rain different, I mean other then having to use wipers, I love driving in the rain. :-)

It's extremely different. The road is slicker, meaning among other things you have to brake sooner to avoid skidding and you can't take as sharp of turns or make many sudden actions. Vision is obscured, which makes it harder to see things around you, especially at night. And those are just the first couple to jump to mind, there's many more.

And you get about an even split of idiots who continue driving without compensating for the rain's adjustments appropriately and idiots who overcompensate and go 20 miles under the speed limit because they're so terrified of a little water.

I didn't know you lived in California!

Hah nope.

I first really noticed it in Arizona though, given how rare rain is in Arizona it was really noticeable there. It's not as bad here in Tenn/Georgia, but it's still there.


Redbeard the Scruffy wrote:
I'm close enough. You going to Megacon TL?

Don't know. Kids make it difficult to make things work out.

captain yesterday wrote:
But the cows man! We have cows! And Apples, also spring, and Tornadoes. You haven't lived until you've almost died in a Tornado, several times.. never mind, bad example.. cows man! We have cows! Perhaps, you just need to milk one to get the full experience, you should totally come up for dairy month to milk cows.

We have cows in Ocala! Lots of 'em!

We have apples in Ocala! (Though I see more of other trees.)

We were under a tornado watch or warning (whatever the lesser one is).

We don't have a "dairy month" though, as far as I'm aware. You can start this here!

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
But the cows man! We have cows! And Apples, also spring, and Tornadoes. You haven't lived until you've almost died in a Tornado, several times.. never mind, bad example.. cows man! We have cows! Perhaps, you just need to milk one to get the full experience, you should totally come up for dairy month to milk cows.

We have cows in Ocala! Lots of 'em!

We have apples in Ocala! (Though I see more of other trees.)

We were under a tornado watch or warning (whatever the lesser one is).

We don't have a "dairy month" though, as far as I'm aware. You can start this here!

Plenty of cows here in the rural areas.

Pretty sure there's apple trees around here somewhere.

Definitely get our share of tornadoes. -_-


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I have apples. I buy them at the grocery store. Tornados suck.

Dairy month is intriguing, but that just means "vacation" not "move". Eleven months still exist.


8 people marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
But the cows man! We have cows! And Apples, also spring, and Tornadoes. You haven't lived until you've almost died in a Tornado, several times.. never mind, bad example.. cows man! We have cows! Perhaps, you just need to milk one to get the full experience, you should totally come up for dairy month to milk cows.

We have cows in Ocala! Lots of 'em!

We have apples in Ocala! (Though I see more of other trees.)

We were under a tornado watch or warning (whatever the lesser one is).

We don't have a "dairy month" though, as far as I'm aware. You can start this here!

Plenty of cows here in the rural areas.

Pretty sure there's apple trees around here somewhere.

Definitely get our share of tornadoes. -_-

That'll be due to the tornado's.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

My Grandfather was very smart. During my first year with a learners permit he forced me to drive through every sort of difficult driving scenario he could come up with... over and over till I could do it without thinking about it. As a result unlike most of the foolish people out there I don't lose control of my car even in the worst case of a crash I have complete control. Icy roads are challenging, WAY more so than wet roads. And every year when the first snow falls the ditches and roads are littered with the wrecks of the countless fools who don't know enough how to slow down and be safe. The amusing thing is how many of those end up being 4x4 trucks. People think just because their truck can accelerate smoothly even on ice that they can corner or stop just as well... but having extra drive wheels does NOTHING to help you corner or stop so they end up in the ditch looking confused. If they are lucky their 4x4 will let them drive back out of the ditch... unless they damaged it too much.

When I have teens I will do the same. I will take a car I don't mind getting dented and drill my children endlessly till they can drive on anything and keep control.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The Impact of Nuclear Fusion


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aranna wrote:

My Grandfather was very smart. During my first year with a learners permit he forced me to drive through every sort of difficult driving scenario he could come up with... over and over till I could do it without thinking about it. As a result unlike most of the foolish people out there I don't lose control of my car even in the worst case of a crash I have complete control. Icy roads are challenging, WAY more so than wet roads. And every year when the first snow falls the ditches and roads are littered with the wrecks of the countless fools who don't know enough how to slow down and be safe. The amusing thing is how many of those end up being 4x4 trucks. People think just because their truck can accelerate smoothly even on ice that they can corner or stop just as well... but having extra drive wheels does NOTHING to help you corner or stop so they end up in the ditch looking confused. If they are lucky their 4x4 will let them drive back out of the ditch... unless they damaged it too much.

When I have teens I will do the same. I will take a car I don't mind getting dented and drill my children endlessly till they can drive on anything and keep control.

Same story. Every year we went up to the snow, and my father would make me drive, then yell, "BRAKE!" and I'd have to go into an intentional skid and get myself out of it.

And yeah, same experience. There was nothing so joyful as driving my 1970 rear-wheel drive Volvo station wagon along the road and laughing at all the 4x4's buried on the side of the road.

In the 1980's when the 4-wheel-drive fad was at its peak you couldn't drive in the mountains for 30 miles without seeing a crashed 4x4...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

We also have Cheese Days (in September) and then there's Oktoberfest, which typically ends around Thanksgiving, which up here is known as "hunting season" which is pretty much the same as Oktoberfest, except in the woods, with even more beer, and guns.

In the summer everyone retreats to a lake (pick one, we got more then Minnesota) and drinks beer, marinates themselves and gorges on Bratwurst and cheese.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I didn't get my driver's license until my wife forced me to when I was 24, but driving in every snow storm for twelve years teaches you how to drive in it real quick.

It helps, that I just get driving, and absolutely love it.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

No one wants to Foxy Box then?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I get driving too.

But no matter how good you are, if you're surrounded by asshats, it sucks.

Driving at 2:00 a.m. is wonderful.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Honestly, other people's idiot driving doesn't bother me, I still might make fun of other drivers if someone is with me, but that's for show.

I freely admit, I am an anomaly in that regard. :-D


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aranna wrote:
You know I used to absolutely love snow and cold... then I got a driveway. Removing all that white stuff endlessly from my driveway leached the fun out of the season.

I will walk to your house and shovel.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aranna wrote:

My Grandfather was very smart. During my first year with a learners permit he forced me to drive through every sort of difficult driving scenario he could come up with... over and over till I could do it without thinking about it. As a result unlike most of the foolish people out there I don't lose control of my car even in the worst case of a crash I have complete control. Icy roads are challenging, WAY more so than wet roads. And every year when the first snow falls the ditches and roads are littered with the wrecks of the countless fools who don't know enough how to slow down and be safe. The amusing thing is how many of those end up being 4x4 trucks. People think just because their truck can accelerate smoothly even on ice that they can corner or stop just as well... but having extra drive wheels does NOTHING to help you corner or stop so they end up in the ditch looking confused. If they are lucky their 4x4 will let them drive back out of the ditch... unless they damaged it too much.

When I have teens I will do the same. I will take a car I don't mind getting dented and drill my children endlessly till they can drive on anything and keep control.

wise.

I just learned from my accidents.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

Honestly, other people's idiot driving doesn't bother me, I still might make fun of other drivers if someone is with me, but that's for show.

I freely admit, I am an anomaly in that regard. :-D

That's all well and good until they wreck the s$%# out of your vehicle through zero fault of yours.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Aranna wrote:
You know I used to absolutely love snow and cold... then I got a driveway. Removing all that white stuff endlessly from my driveway leached the fun out of the season.
I will walk to your house and shovel.

I truly wish you could...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Redbeard the Scruffy wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

Honestly, other people's idiot driving doesn't bother me, I still might make fun of other drivers if someone is with me, but that's for show.

I freely admit, I am an anomaly in that regard. :-D

That's all well and good until they wreck the s~~$ out of your vehicle through zero fault of yours.

Happened once, I was pissed obviously, but I can't change it, certainly haven't let it affect my driving or attitude since.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I should note, when I drive, I drive. I don't fiddle with the radio (tho I will when I'm at a light), text, call or the countless other ways people use to distract themselves. The only reason I wasn't injured when my car was totalled is because I saw it coming and was able to adjust slightly.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

We lived across the street from a park with a public building. To make money, the county started renting it out. Since cleanup was the city's problem, the county had very little concern about to whom it rented said facility.

So my car got hit by a drunk driver about once per 2 weeks. (There was diagonal parking across the street, they were ALL in full-sized SUVs, so they just backed all the way across the street and hit my car.) And they NEVER left notes. So the driver's side of my car looks like crumpled tin foil. And not a single ding is my fault.

The ONE time a woman hit my car and stopped to let me know about it, I was so impressed by her honesty that I told her not to worry about it. (A terrified teen who misjudged the width of her car in broad daylight, rather than a drunk at night.)


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Idiot drivers... they totaled my Cavalier and my Neon.

There ARE countries which require far more rigorous driver training, more akin to the sort of training NobodysHome and I received. ALL countries should require such training.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Of course, it's never as simple as getting, and then building the kids bunk beds. There is also the reorganization after it's done, and kids build up a phenomenal amount of clutter to reorganize and cull.

I prefer to cull when Pea Bear Almost a Teenager is at school, it tends to keep emotions out of it. :-)


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

For all you homey pathfinder fans, Seeker of Secrets, in addition to being a mixed bag of a hot mess, and completely obsolete, also makes the best mousepad ever.

Like way better then actual mousepads.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aranna wrote:

Idiot drivers... they totaled my Cavalier and my Neon.

There ARE countries which require far more rigorous driver training, more akin to the sort of training NobodysHome and I received. ALL countries should require such training.

BAH! BIG GOVERNMENT! INEFFICIENCY! FREEDOM FOR AMERICANS! CUT TAXES, NOT DRIVERS! MORE JAIL FOR OFFENDERS! WE DON'T NEED NO EUROPEAN SOCIALISM HERE! *RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

That seems political......


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I know, I know, I'm working my distributors as we speak. I really don't know if I can get enough bikes in time...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

{loads crappy bicycle into the trebuchet, lights it, fires} Torpedo away! {rolls a 1} Negative! It didn't go in. It just impacted on the surface.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

If we had to train people in all the things they need to know to be non-offensive, competent members of society, well...
...I think we'd have to have them in school from the time they were 4 until they hit 18!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I haven't met an 18 year old I don't want to punch in the face since before I myself was even 13; it would take quite a few more years, NH.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Tequila Sunrise wrote:
Aranna wrote:

Idiot drivers... they totaled my Cavalier and my Neon.

There ARE countries which require far more rigorous driver training, more akin to the sort of training NobodysHome and I received. ALL countries should require such training.

BAH! BIG GOVERNMENT! INEFFICIENCY! FREEDOM FOR AMERICANS! CUT TAXES, NOT DRIVERS! MORE JAIL FOR OFFENDERS! WE DON'T NEED NO EUROPEAN SOCIALISM HERE! *RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE*

You can have my gun when you pull it out of my cold dead tentacle


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Redbeard the Scruffy wrote:
I haven't met an 18 year old I didn't want to punch in the face since before I myself was even 13; it would take quite a few more years, NH.
Redbeard the Scruffy wrote:
I haven't met an 18 year old I didn't want to punch in the face since before I myself was even 13; it would take quite a few more years, NH.

Double punch?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The site went down midpost, ended up with a double for some reason.

Seems to go down every day lately...


Redbeard the Scruffy wrote:

The site went down midpost, ended up with a double for some reason.

Seems to go down every day lately...

Vic said this might be today's cause!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

The site would never crash if they switched to an all Dutch porn format.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
Redbeard the Scruffy wrote:
I haven't met an 18 year old I didn't want to punch in the face since before I myself was even 13; it would take quite a few more years, NH.
Redbeard the Scruffy wrote:
I haven't met an 18 year old I didn't want to punch in the face since before I myself was even 13; it would take quite a few more years, NH.
Double punch?

Redbeard is just getting into character to play the sons of Alex and Chad in the long-awaited sequel, Double Impact II: Maximum VanDammeage, which will be filled with 18-yro yutes that are all up-to-no-good.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Idea I'm working on, four words.

Quantum Leap inspired Spiritualist.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

My other idea, which was inspired by my avatar image.

Rocky, the Foxy Boxer, a Kitsune Brawler.

But that would require getting the ACG, and we all know how I feel about that.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

The general and I, debating whether a dog around the neighborhood is a boy or girl (she thought it was a girl)'

The General: do you think it's a boy because it has a boy name.
Me: No, I think it's a boy because it has a boy penis.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
OBVIOUS TROLL IS OBVEOS wrote:
Tequila Sunrise wrote:
Aranna wrote:

Idiot drivers... they totaled my Cavalier and my Neon.

There ARE countries which require far more rigorous driver training, more akin to the sort of training NobodysHome and I received. ALL countries should require such training.

BAH! BIG GOVERNMENT! INEFFICIENCY! FREEDOM FOR AMERICANS! CUT TAXES, NOT DRIVERS! MORE JAIL FOR OFFENDERS! WE DON'T NEED NO EUROPEAN SOCIALISM HERE! *RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE*

You can have my gun when you pull it out of my cold dead tentacle

Dont make Freehold ride me.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Kobold Cleaver wrote:

Forums are too short.

Everyone please post faster.

I take it back everyone please shut up.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

You're not my supervisor!!!

137,751 to 137,800 of 236,831 << first < prev | 2751 | 2752 | 2753 | 2754 | 2755 | 2756 | 2757 | 2758 | 2759 | 2760 | 2761 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.