Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

13,651 to 13,700 of 247,220 << first < prev | 269 | 270 | 271 | 272 | 273 | 274 | 275 | 276 | 277 | 278 | 279 | next > last >>
Paizo Employee Senior Software Developer

Sparkly clean NEKKID!!

The Exchange

Gary Teter wrote:
If you're curious, here are all of them.

I found a site that lists them ALL! way too many for me to have experimented with.

The Exchange

Gary Teter wrote:
We turned west before we got to Forks. So no vampires. Just sparkly clean!

That's better then.


Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Bitter Thorn wrote:

I'm building some demon orcs (Tanarukk in FR). Does CR4 sound right for Barb2 orcs with fiendish, advanced, and SR 12? Technically they are CR 3, but I up'ed their stats and SR a bit. I'm shooting for CR4, but I think an other level of barb is over doing it, but they seem a hair light. I'm not sure.

Thanks.

I think CR 3 is safe. I'd leave the SR alone, so the wizard can do something.

But, a barbarian with 18 constipation is going to have.....21 h.p., then what, 25 h.p when raging? Wupty doo! That's two or three solid hits with a greataxe.

Gargoyle's CR 4, and it has 42 h.p. and is dr 10/magic. I think CR 3 is safe for these Tanarukk.

But I HATE SR. I think it's a design copout, a catchall that feels like whoever made it up didn't want to think about stuff. Just....."sr! I'll give stuff sr, so the wizard can't kill everything! Woohoo!" I think SR is goofy.

AND I make custom stuff up all the time, so I'm kinda used to it.
My thing is: when in doubt, go lower on the CR than you want to. I don't think these tanarukk compare with anything CR 4.

With stat mods they are at 38HP, AC19, and 2d4+18 with falchions when raging. They also get the DR5 cold and fire with SR12.

Even with their DR I think these Tanarukk can eat Gargoyles, but they still seem a touch light for CR4.

Thoughts?


Might be 4 then. I think with those hp they'd smashify ogres anyway.

The Exchange

Crimson Jester wrote:
Although the stuff Vince McMahon wrote about Randy Savage was cool.

If you could link it please. I'd like to read it as well.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Back from visiting our games homeland.


Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Might be 4 then. I think with those hp they'd smashify ogres anyway.

I'm leaning this way, but I'd like to buff them a hair, but I'm a touch gun shy after the last near TPK. I need to get it right because these are recurring bad guys.

We have very high stats for PCs if that matters.


Moorluck wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Although the stuff Vince McMahon wrote about Randy Savage was cool.
If you could link it please. I'd like to read it as well.

+1


Moorluck wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Although the stuff Vince McMahon wrote about Randy Savage was cool.
If you could link it please. I'd like to read it as well.

So FawtLcon is when again?

The Exchange

Gary Teter wrote:
If you're curious, here are all of them.

33 minutes? Holy special characters, Batman!


BTW, have you seen this?

Centurion Movie Trailer

Sorry for the add.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Bitter Thorn wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Although the stuff Vince McMahon wrote about Randy Savage was cool.
If you could link it please. I'd like to read it as well.
+1

Lords of Pain posted it.


TriOmegaZero wrote:
Bitter Thorn wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Although the stuff Vince McMahon wrote about Randy Savage was cool.
If you could link it please. I'd like to read it as well.
+1
Lords of Pain posted it.

Cool; thanks!

The Exchange

Moorluck wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Although the stuff Vince McMahon wrote about Randy Savage was cool.
If you could link it please. I'd like to read it as well.

'Macho Man' Randy Savage

by Vince McMahon

It's important in sports and it's important in entertainment to stand out. Randy knew that. Right away, he wanted to leave his mark, and to do that he was aware he had to make himself different from everyone else. One way he did this was concentrating on his outfits, those brightly colored costumes with foot-long fringe that became his trademark. He brought to wrestling a unique look and style.

Randy, who died in a car crash May 20 at age 58, was one of the building blocks of what is now WWE (previously known as the World Wrestling Federation). He had a very unusual voice - remember his "Snap into a Slim Jim. Oh,yeah!"commercials? - and was extremely charismatic. Perception is very important in this business, and he also had a very high opinion of himself, something he needed in a locker room full of performers who had been around for a while and had big personalities and followings - like Hulk Hogan. Today, Randy is remembered as one of wrestling's all-time greats. No question about it - he certainly was.

McMahon is the chairman and CEO of WWE

The Exchange

Ok so ninja'd a while ago.

Liberty's Edge

Crimson Jester wrote:
Bitter Thorn wrote:
things.
Sleet Storm is 3rd Level. :)

I think things is better than sleet storm.

Liberty's Edge

Bitter Thorn wrote:

I'm building some demon orcs (Tanarukk in FR). Does CR4 sound right for Barb2 orcs with fiendish, advanced, and SR 12? Technically they are CR 3, but I up'ed their stats and SR a bit. I'm shooting for CR4, but I think an other level of barb is over doing it, but they seem a hair light. I'm not sure.

Thanks.

Perhaps an extra smite good? Might tip the balance in a fight with good characters.

Also, you can't go wrong with a bonus to Str or Con.

Liberty's Edge

Crimson Jester wrote:
I was looking for runic to try as well. hmmm.

Futhark!

Liberty's Edge

Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Bitter Thorn wrote:

I'm building some demon orcs (Tanarukk in FR). Does CR4 sound right for Barb2 orcs with fiendish, advanced, and SR 12? Technically they are CR 3, but I up'ed their stats and SR a bit. I'm shooting for CR4, but I think an other level of barb is over doing it, but they seem a hair light. I'm not sure.

Thanks.

I think CR 3 is safe. I'd leave the SR alone, so the wizard can do something.

But, a barbarian with 18 constipation is going to have.....21 h.p., then what, 25 h.p when raging? Wupty doo! That's two or three solid hits with a greataxe.

Gargoyle's CR 4, and it has 42 h.p. and is dr 10/magic. I think CR 3 is safe for these Tanarukk.

But I HATE SR. I think it's a design copout, a catchall that feels like whoever made it up didn't want to think about stuff. Just....."sr! I'll give stuff sr, so the wizard can't kill everything! Woohoo!" I think SR is goofy.

AND I make custom stuff up all the time, so I'm kinda used to it.
My thing is: when in doubt, go lower on the CR than you want to. I don't think these tanarukk compare with anything CR 4.

SR is always something that makes me, as both player and GM, have to recalculate.

"Demon orcs" might have some sort of special rage? Basically, they're going to get in a few big hits before they die, with their hp. They should probably have Diehard if they're going to be CR 4.

Liberty's Edge

Gary Teter wrote:
If you're curious, here are all of them.

You fool!

Liberty's Edge

Frankie says "Relax!"

Liberty's Edge

Crimson Jester wrote:

Well that sucks. I was just experimenting anyway.

Sparkly?? we don't like them kind around here. Vampires do not sparkle!

Gives everyone who's showered in the last month a good old-fashioned staking, beheading, and mouth-wafer-stuff-inning, just to make sure.

Liberty's Edge

Bitter Thorn wrote:
Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Might be 4 then. I think with those hp they'd smashify ogres anyway.

I'm leaning this way, but I'd like to buff them a hair, but I'm a touch gun shy after the last near TPK. I need to get it right because these are recurring bad guys.

We have very high stats for PCs if that matters.

Run demos with GameMastery Guide NPCs? I've been pitting characters (real and made up for the purpose of testing) against self-devised monsters for years. You can also just use 10s and 11s for rolls, or even complex probability maths (I've forgotten most everything that could be useful, even for just exploding dice, unfortunately).

Does HeroLab let you plug in monster stats and run melee combat simulations? Or any other of the programs floating around? (I haven't actually used any of them.)

Edit: Just remember that they're going to be using their best stuff when fighting: smite good and rage. You need to calibrate for that, then how long they'll actually survive with only rage-modified attacks.

Edit2: You're probably not looking for more work.

Liberty's Edge

Bitter Thorn wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Although the stuff Vince McMahon wrote about Randy Savage was cool.
If you could link it please. I'd like to read it as well.
So FawtLcon is when again?

September? Probably gonna be in school.


My two favorite song lines:

* "Little old lady got mutilated late last night."
* "I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine."

Liberty's Edge

Treppa wrote:
"Little old lady got mutilated late last night."

"Werewolves of London agin."

Liberty's Edge

Or is it Warwoofs?


Gark the Goblin wrote:
Treppa wrote:
"Little old lady got mutilated late last night."
"Werewolves of London agin."

Bingo! Care to try for Door #2?

Liberty's Edge

Treppa wrote:
Gark the Goblin wrote:
Treppa wrote:
"Little old lady got mutilated late last night."
"Werewolves of London agin."
Bingo! Care to try for Door #2?

Ich habe keine idea?

Edit: Or is it "Ich hab kein ide. uh?"

Edit2: Keinen?

Edit3: Ich kann das nicht?

(In case you can't tell, Ich spreche Deutsch fesch.)


Treppa wrote:
Gark the Goblin wrote:
Treppa wrote:
"Little old lady got mutilated late last night."
"Werewolves of London agin."
Bingo! Care to try for Door #2?

"One Night in Bangkok" Murray Head.


Gark the Goblin wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Gark the Goblin wrote:
Treppa wrote:
"Little old lady got mutilated late last night."
"Werewolves of London agin."
Bingo! Care to try for Door #2?

Ich habe keine idea?

Edit: Or is it "Ich hab kein ide. uh?"

Edit2: Keinen?

Chess.


Gark the Goblin wrote:
Ich spreche Deutsch blod.

FIFY

Liberty's Edge

Treppa wrote:
Gark the Goblin wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Gark the Goblin wrote:
Treppa wrote:
"Little old lady got mutilated late last night."
"Werewolves of London agin."
Bingo! Care to try for Door #2?

Ich habe keine idea?

Edit: Or is it "Ich hab kein ide. uh?"

Edit2: Keinen?

Chess.

Quid? Quis? Quo?


Eric Swanson wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Gark the Goblin wrote:
Treppa wrote:
"Little old lady got mutilated late last night."
"Werewolves of London agin."
Bingo! Care to try for Door #2?
"One Night in Bangkok" Murray Head.

Dingdingdingdingding!!! :D

Liberty's Edge

Beware the Ogre's Cave!


Treppa wrote:
Eric Swanson wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Gark the Goblin wrote:
Treppa wrote:
"Little old lady got mutilated late last night."
"Werewolves of London agin."
Bingo! Care to try for Door #2?
"One Night in Bangkok" Murray Head.
Dingdingdingdingding!!! :D

I win, he he.

OK how about this one:

"New mother picks up and suckles her son
Senior citizens wish they were young."


Eric Swanson wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Eric Swanson wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Gark the Goblin wrote:
Treppa wrote:
"Little old lady got mutilated late last night."
"Werewolves of London agin."
Bingo! Care to try for Door #2?
"One Night in Bangkok" Murray Head.
Dingdingdingdingding!!! :D

I win, he he.

OK how about this one:

"New mother picks up and suckles her son
Senior citizens wish they were young."

Oh Lordy, Moody Blues? "Cold hearted orb that rules the night, steals the colors from our sight..."


Treppa wrote:
Eric Swanson wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Eric Swanson wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Gark the Goblin wrote:
Treppa wrote:
"Little old lady got mutilated late last night."
"Werewolves of London agin."
Bingo! Care to try for Door #2?
"One Night in Bangkok" Murray Head.
Dingdingdingdingding!!! :D

I win, he he.

OK how about this one:

"New mother picks up and suckles her son
Senior citizens wish they were young."

Oh Lordy, Moody Blues? "Cold hearted orb that rules the night, steals the colors from our sight..."

"...red is grey and yellow white

but we decide which is right, and which is an illusion."

Liberty's Edge

"Winds die, the trees die, . . . "

Edit: Guess I needed quotations around that, it was so obscure.

Liberty's Edge

It's always nice to bring out old aliases.


Gark the Goblin wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Bitter Thorn wrote:
things.
Sleet Storm is 3rd Level. :)
I think things is better than sleet storm.

things?


Great for cleaning up all those messy old aliases!


Gark the Goblin wrote:
Bitter Thorn wrote:

I'm building some demon orcs (Tanarukk in FR). Does CR4 sound right for Barb2 orcs with fiendish, advanced, and SR 12? Technically they are CR 3, but I up'ed their stats and SR a bit. I'm shooting for CR4, but I think an other level of barb is over doing it, but they seem a hair light. I'm not sure.

Thanks.

Perhaps an extra smite good? Might tip the balance in a fight with good characters.

Also, you can't go wrong with a bonus to Str or Con.

That's a thought.

Liberty's Edge

Bitter Thorn wrote:
Gark the Goblin wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Bitter Thorn wrote:
things.
Sleet Storm is 3rd Level. :)
I think things is better than sleet storm.
things?

No, things. Like shades, but lower-level?

Liberty's Edge

Sham-WOW! wrote:
Great for cleaning up all those messy old aliases!

I predict an alias-dump.


I am king!


'Ethergaunt wrote:
I am king!

No you're not!


Munchkin A wrote:
'Ethergaunt wrote:
I am king!
No you're not!

So, do ethergaunts have genders?


Bagged 'er wrote:
Munchkin A wrote:
'Ethergaunt wrote:
I am king!
No you're not!
So, do ethergaunts have genders?

Where's taig?

13,651 to 13,700 of 247,220 << first < prev | 269 | 270 | 271 | 272 | 273 | 274 | 275 | 276 | 277 | 278 | 279 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.