Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

136,401 to 136,450 of 242,772 << first < prev | 2724 | 2725 | 2726 | 2727 | 2728 | 2729 | 2730 | 2731 | 2732 | 2733 | 2734 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

And for the record:

  • Caddyshack: A great, great comedy, with many memorable moments. Some painfully juvenile moments, but many more hilarious ones.
  • Ghostbusters: Harold Ramis at his best.
  • Ghostbusters 2: Utterly forgettable.
  • Hey now, don't forget about Caddyshack 2.

    Although I apparently forgot my clothes.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Finding Chinese takeout on Chinese New Year is actually pretty difficult. Most places around here close for the holiday. I eventually found a place, but now I'm hungry again.


    NobodysHome wrote:

    Ugh. Everything went perfectly. *Almost* as-scripted.

    So there's the paladin with her shiny brand-new legendary sword, which she can only possibly lose if she ever falls...
    ...and then she turns around and pulls pretty much the most horrific fall-worthy act I've ever seen from a paladin in one of my games.

    I can't write it up yet, because I'm giving the player time to realize just what a colossal blunder he's made, but I'm 99% sure I'm going to end up falling the paladin in a few sessions.

    *SIGH*

    And no, you can't know what she did, because FaWtL is a paladin-discussion-free zone...

    Make a thread for it in Gamer Life. I want to hear this.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    It's politics free, paladins falling is just funny, as long as he didn't fall from voting for someone.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    gran rey de los nekkid wrote:


    Hey now, don't forget about Caddyshack 2.

    No.

    Do forget about it.

    Forget it was ever made.

    Forget you ever heard of it.

    Heard of what? There's no such movie. It was never made. No. (This movie made the "god awful sequel" trend LONG before Terminator 3, 4, and Genisys showed us what taking a dump on an otherwise glorious franchise looks like.)


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    I was so disappointed when I found out the band Fall Out Boy wasn't named after the Vault Boy from Fallout.

    And then I found out they were named after Radioactive Man's sidekick on The Simpsons, and I thought "Okay...that's actually cooler."


    captain yesterday wrote:
    It's politics free, paladins falling is just funny, as long as he didn't fall from voting for someone.

    While true, it could lead to contentious pedantry, which is exactly what FaWtL rules are there to prevent...

    Rosita the Riveter wrote:
    NobodysHome wrote:

    Ugh. Everything went perfectly. *Almost* as-scripted.

    So there's the paladin with her shiny brand-new legendary sword, which she can only possibly lose if she ever falls...
    ...and then she turns around and pulls pretty much the most horrific fall-worthy act I've ever seen from a paladin in one of my games.

    I can't write it up yet, because I'm giving the player time to realize just what a colossal blunder he's made, but I'm 99% sure I'm going to end up falling the paladin in a few sessions.

    *SIGH*

    And no, you can't know what she did, because FaWtL is a paladin-discussion-free zone...

    Make a thread for it in Gamer Life. I want to hear this.

    He has a thread! It's in Serpent's Skull. I think he's giving it time, though, as some of his kids read the forums...

    EDIT: here it is! It comes highly recommended! :D

    EDIT 2: for a second, NH, I thought this might be about your group again! ;)


    4 people marked this as a favorite.

    Accursed sky dandruff!


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    Shake it out! Surely that will get rid of the sky dandruff.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.

    It's not helping, it just piles up on the ground -_-


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    Pea Bear was caught shirking and hiding homework assignments (again) but this year I don't have to suspend the campaign until she gets her s+#$ together, I can just ground her from Minecraft until she gets her s+## together, it's a beautiful day!

    Also puts why parents get video games for their kids into perspective, they're leverage.

    Someone needs to put that in a parenting book.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    I will be getting a lot more rules intensive however.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
    Orthos wrote:
    It's not helping, it just piles up on the ground -_-

    Sweep it all onto Bill's yard, he won't notice.

    Dark Archive

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    captain yesterday wrote:
    Orthos wrote:
    It's not helping, it just piles up on the ground -_-
    Sweep it all onto Bill's yard, he won't notice.

    What the fnord?! Where'd all this white junk come from? Thanks! It'll be perfect for making a new batch of Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons!


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Tacticslion wrote:
    captain yesterday wrote:
    It's politics free, paladins falling is just funny, as long as he didn't fall from voting for someone.

    While true, it could lead to contentious pedantry, which is exactly what FaWtL rules are there to prevent...

    Rosita the Riveter wrote:
    NobodysHome wrote:

    Ugh. Everything went perfectly. *Almost* as-scripted.

    So there's the paladin with her shiny brand-new legendary sword, which she can only possibly lose if she ever falls...
    ...and then she turns around and pulls pretty much the most horrific fall-worthy act I've ever seen from a paladin in one of my games.

    I can't write it up yet, because I'm giving the player time to realize just what a colossal blunder he's made, but I'm 99% sure I'm going to end up falling the paladin in a few sessions.

    *SIGH*

    And no, you can't know what she did, because FaWtL is a paladin-discussion-free zone...

    Make a thread for it in Gamer Life. I want to hear this.

    He has a thread! It's in Serpent's Skull. I think he's giving it time, though, as some of his kids read the forums...

    EDIT: here it is! It comes highly recommended! :D

    EDIT 2: for a second, NH, I thought this might be about your group again! ;)

    LOL. Yes; I plan on documenting the fall in the Serpent's Skull thread. (Un)fortunately, since I'm giving the player time to undo his grievous mistake rather than just saying, "Bam! You fall!", I can't post the story yet. I am far too generous a GM, many, many PC deaths aside...

    And yes, I love the "un-optimized PC" thread, but it's not one of mine.... for once.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Good! Good! it begins!...

    Typical. Ninja'd again.


    4 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    The General has finally gotten Pea Bear to stop dumping all her clothes on the bathroom floor, it took months.

    Now the General is dumping her clothes on the bathroom floor.

    I'm beginning to think, it's the bathroom floor calling the shots.


    Redbeard the Scruffy wrote:
    gran rey de los nekkid wrote:


    Hey now, don't forget about Caddyshack 2.

    No.

    Do forget about it.

    Forget it was ever made.

    Forget you ever heard of it.

    Heard of what? There's no such movie. It was never made. No. (This movie made the "god awful sequel" trend LONG before Terminator 3, 4, and Genisys showed us what taking a dump on an otherwise glorious franchise looks like.)

    I liked the later terminator movies, they showed what a time war would look like. As much as I love the first two films (own both), I find the terminator fan base too stringent at times- and this is me talking.


    captain yesterday wrote:

    Am I only one, that's seen different variations then the Disney cartoon.

    Isn't that ironic. :-D

    Nope, you're not. Doesn't change my answer.

    (Unless you're talking about the Depp one. In which case he's clearly a pretty hardcore awesome Investigator, but, unfortunately, one with the branded, catatonic, chilled, consumed, forsaken, friendless, haunted, legalistic, melancholy, merciful, sanguine, and wan oracle curses which never improve and also quite susceptible to disguise checks.)

    For the record, the original was kind of a shifty jerk. Charismatic, true, but quite shady nonetheless. If there was a bard archetype that only got a good reflex save and no spellcasting, I actually would have gone with that (though still dumping the wisdom), but there isn't, sooooo... really sucky rogue archetype it is.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Orthos wrote:
    Accursed sky dandruff!

    ..it's raining sand?


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    This isn't anything personal Freehold, but if you found anything good about T3 beyond "meh, I went in expecting bad acting, big explosions, and crappy writing", I just can't trust your judgment at all for movies. That was one of the worst piles of crap I've ever seen.

    T4 had a good concept and decent acting. T5 - good idea, poor execution, hackneyed love story, and how do two gorgeous human beings produce so ugly of a son - horrible casting. Plus Kyle's acting was nearly Haden Christianson level of atrocious. And the plot holes could have a star destroyer flown through them...but at least it had some redeemable traits.

    But T3...no one can defend that drivel.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    All movie tastes are subjective, we all like different movies for different reasons, somewhere, somehow, a person is out there, defending Gigli as an okay movie.


    4 people marked this as a favorite.
    Redbeard the Scruffy wrote:
    This isn't anything personal Freehold, but if you found anything good about T3 beyond "meh, I went in expecting bad acting, big explosions, and crappy writing", I just can't trust your judgment at all for movies.

    Do recall that you're talking to a man who thinks the Michael Bay Transformers movie is a masterpiece.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    I think I just threw up in my mouth a little reading that, Orthos.

    Usually you aren't so vulgar.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    I've had a lot of conversations with Freehold where his movie/television tastes have come up. Believe me, it's still as incomprehensible to me as it was the first time.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    I think the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy is better then the Lord of the Rings trilogy.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    captain yesterday wrote:
    I think the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy is better then the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

    I can see that. As long as you omit part four, it's still an excellent series with a lot more action to keep you interested.

    As a piece of cinema, I prefer LotR, but PotC is way more entertaining.


    6 people marked this as a favorite.

    I love Shiro's player. He words things SO carefully. "Oh, Prometheus? I would enjoy watching that with you!"

    Not, "I would enjoy watching that", but, "I would enjoy watching that with you."

    He is willing to see utter dreck just for the joy of watching other people's reactions to it. He saw Prometheus 3 times in theaters just so he could watch all his friends appalled reactions to it.

    "I thought you said it was good!?!?!?!"
    "No; I said I'd enjoy watching it with you. I never claimed it was any good."


    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    Lord of the Rings drags on too much, and Peter Jackson loves to swim in his own heavy darkness, it tends to be too much over time.


    captain yesterday wrote:
    I think the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy is better then the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

    Lord of the Rings was lost on me the moment Peter Jackson made Aragorn a whiny emo boy.

    EDIT: And the stage-diving dwarves at the Battle of Helm's Deep was just... awful...


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    I used to do that in high school, knew a girl who's dad owned the movie theater in town, and she would let us into the less popular movies, saw Face/Off three times :-D

    Good times, so many terrible movies :-D


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Redbeard the Scruffy wrote:

    I think I just threw up in my mouth a little reading that, Orthos.

    Usually you aren't so vulgar.

    ~laughter~

    Silver Crusade

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    NobodysHome wrote:

    And no, you can't know what she did, because FaWtL is a paladin-discussion-free zone...

    I don't recall that in the rules


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
    NobodysHome wrote:

    And no, you can't know what she did, because FaWtL is a paladin-discussion-free zone...

    I don't recall that in the rules

    The VERY short version, and Freehold gets to throw bikes at TFY for starting this...:

    Basically, Templari is a paladin of Iomedae. They were fighting a cleric of the demon lord Angazhan. Towards the end of the fight, Templari started doing nonlethal damage in order to question the prisoner. She made a massive Diplomacy roll to extract all the information she needed: The group led by the cleric were indeed demon-worshippers, they performed sacrifices of sentient creatures, and preferred that those creatures were conscious and aware as they were slowly sacrificed to the bloody lord. They made war on all of their neighbors for the sake of blood and slaughter.

    And this is pretty much a direct quote from Templari: "If you will allow us to explore your lands and not attack us, I promise I will let you go."

    Nothing about reforming her ways. Nothing about forsaking demon worship. Not even anything about, y'know, maybe stopping all this sentient-creature sacrifice or making war for the sake of war. Just, "Yeah, stay out of our way and we'll let you continue with whatever it was you were doing."

    So I'm giving her a pass on the promise, even though I feel that for a paladin of Iomedae to make such a promise is really skirting the whole Fall/No Fall line.

    But if she really does release a cleric of a demon lord to resume her atrocities, that's just a plain big fat fall in my book.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    She did give her word tho, and Iomedae can't expect her Paladins to be lawyers, just do the right thing, she made a deal, got the reward, now is honor bound to fulfill her side, doesn't mean she can't go out on a demon worshipping rampage later. :-)

    I wouldn't cause her to fall.
    :-)


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    captain yesterday wrote:

    She did give her word tho, and Iomedae can't expect her Paladins to be lawyers, just do the right thing, she made a deal, got the reward, now is honor bound to fulfill her side, doesn't mean she can't go out on a demon worshipping rampage later. :-)

    I wouldn't cause her to fall.
    :-)

    I'm just thinking of that famous Schwartzenegger line (I forget which movie, though I want to say Commando):

    "What did you do with him?"
    "I let him go."


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    I don't think I know that one, I didn't watch many action movies as a kid.


    7 people marked this as a favorite.

    I remember that one! It was the one with the big pumped action star in that role as wossname, some sort of cool ex-military role, lots of inane autofire, stupid one-liners, and the love interest with the wonky hair!


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    NobodysHome wrote:
    Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
    NobodysHome wrote:

    And no, you can't know what she did, because FaWtL is a paladin-discussion-free zone...

    I don't recall that in the rules

    ** spoiler omitted **

    Templari:
    She could still avoid falling if she make sure that they don't have a chance of sacrificing the innocents... Maybe evacuate innocents, cordon the whole area, and make sure the demon-worshippers are not spreading...

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
    Sissyl wrote:
    I remember that one! It was the one with the big pumped action star in that role as wossname, some sort of cool ex-military role, lots of inane autofire, stupid one-liners, and the love interest with the wonky hair!

    Wasn't that War of the Roses.

    Silver Crusade

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    NobodysHome wrote:
    Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
    NobodysHome wrote:

    And no, you can't know what she did, because FaWtL is a paladin-discussion-free zone...

    I don't recall that in the rules

    ** spoiler omitted **

    Hey now, don't put this on me, you made this choice of your own free will.

    Lucifer


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    I'm waiting for snow to show up here. It's the best kind of snow from what I'm hearing: big flakes, but no real accumulation.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Rawr! wrote:

    I'm waiting for snow to show up here. It's the best kind of snow from what I'm hearing: big flakes, but no real accumulation.

    I've been waiting for it for the last 38 years or so...

    ...darned slow snow!

    (In my lifetime, it's snowed twice in the Bay Area, both times in the 1970's. A few years ago we got an AMAZING hailstorm that produced 3" of hail on the ground, but hailballs aren't nearly as fun as snowballs, even though the streets filled with "kids" (people under 20) running amok in the hail...)


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    We had two brief flurries today, but that was it. Didn't stick, but made a change from rain.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    The thing about snow is, it has to be cold out.

    Is that what you really want.


    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Redbeard the Scruffy wrote:

    This isn't anything personal Freehold, but if you found anything good about T3 beyond "meh, I went in expecting bad acting, big explosions, and crappy writing", I just can't trust your judgment at all for movies. That was one of the worst piles of crap I've ever seen.

    T4 had a good concept and decent acting. T5 - good idea, poor execution, hackneyed love story, and how do two gorgeous human beings produce so ugly of a son - horrible casting. Plus Kyle's acting was nearly Haden Christianson level of atrocious. And the plot holes could have a star destroyer flown through them...but at least it had some redeemable traits.

    But T3...no one can defend that drivel.

    3 had only a few good moments.

    I agree on 4 and 5 being good IDEAS. Sometimes, movies are sent to casting to die.

    I usually enjoy the idea of a movie far more than the actual execution -years of manga vs tv series vs ova will do that to you.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.

    Huzzah! The snow has ended and all melted away! Good riddance!


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Orthos wrote:
    Redbeard the Scruffy wrote:
    This isn't anything personal Freehold, but if you found anything good about T3 beyond "meh, I went in expecting bad acting, big explosions, and crappy writing", I just can't trust your judgment at all for movies.
    Do recall that you're talking to a man who thinks the Michael Bay Transformers movie is a masterpiece.

    a masterpiece? No. But I paid money to watch robots punch each other in the face and that's what I got. So I left the theater happy.

    I have yet to get an explanation on what people want in a "good" transformers movie that has not been one of the following:

    - Read the script *I* wrote, it's clearly better

    - Live action version of the animated movie from the 80s

    - Live action version of one of the many, many japanese versions of the series

    - Another movie masquerading as Transformers

    - No really, read my script, I'm awesome

    - Live action version of Transformers Prime, but with a smaller human cast(which I might enjoy, truth be told)

    - Transformers War For Cybertron, just as a movie(would enjoy, but the cost would be prohibitive)

    - What we got, just not by Michael Bay

    As a side note, I didn't much like the 3rd. I have yet to see the 4th.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

    The fourth is on Hulu now.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    NobodysHome wrote:
    Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
    NobodysHome wrote:

    And no, you can't know what she did, because FaWtL is a paladin-discussion-free zone...

    I don't recall that in the rules

    ** spoiler omitted **

    lines up flaming bike cannons, inputs coordinates for tfys general area

    In William Shatner pose from Wrath of Khan ....Fire!

    136,401 to 136,450 of 242,772 << first < prev | 2724 | 2725 | 2726 | 2727 | 2728 | 2729 | 2730 | 2731 | 2732 | 2733 | 2734 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.