Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

135,901 to 135,950 of 232,632 << first < prev | 2714 | 2715 | 2716 | 2717 | 2718 | 2719 | 2720 | 2721 | 2722 | 2723 | 2724 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Wasn't picked for Wayfinder this time.
Damn. I'm sorry man.

Well, that sucks. Don't let it get you down, Drejk. Your stuff is good, and 3P publishers think so too, 'cause they've been buying it and publishing it. :)

We've been crowded out of Wayfinder by darn upstart whippersnappers! In my day, your submission had to go through at least two editors, uphill and backwards, both ways!

Ambrosia Slaad previously wrote:

...PFU comments...

I'm still processing OA. Hopefully my submission with two psychic-themed archetypes will make it into this upcoming Wayfinder. If they don't make it in, Yesterday, you're welcome to use them.

Neither my critter (picklebug) nor my archetypes were picked for Wayfinder either. Not sure they'll be any use (or any interest) to you, Yesterday, but here the archetypes are: the mindkiller and mind assassin (scroll down past the vishkanya stuff).

I want to see this picklebug.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Really, really badly, it seems.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Aranna wrote:
Ok I will bite what is thunder snow?
THE GREATEST THING EVER!!!!

Gonna respectfully disagree. Naked women continue to be listed among the category "thing" of which to be greatest. Can't believe greater.

Have men fought wars and lied and said they like crappy romantic comedies for the remote possibility of maybe seeing thunder snow? Has friend battled friend over thunder snow? Is their a multibillion dollar industry devoted to the exploitation and filming of thunder snow?

I think not.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Redbeard the Scruffy wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Aranna wrote:
Ok I will bite what is thunder snow?
THE GREATEST THING EVER!!!!

Gonna respectfully disagree. Naked women continue to be listed among the category "thing" of which to be greatest. Can't believe greater.

Have men fought wars and lied and said they like crappy romantic comedies for the remote possibility of maybe seeing thunder snow? Has friend battled friend over thunder snow? Is their a multibillion dollar industry devoted to the exploitation and filming of thunder snow?

I think not.

When women take their tops off, I see thunder snow, a'la American Beauty.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Icyshadow wrote:
baron arem heshvaun wrote:
I have compiled a list of things Jon Snow knows.
Link didn't work for me D:

So he doesn't actually know anything?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
Aranna wrote:
Ok I will bite what is thunder snow?
THE GREATEST THING EVER!!!!

this.

Also when you get a snow storm on the edge of freezing, it tends to include a thunderstorm embedded inside.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Redbeard the Scruffy wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Aranna wrote:
Ok I will bite what is thunder snow?
THE GREATEST THING EVER!!!!

Gonna respectfully disagree. Naked women continue to be listed among the category "thing" of which to be greatest. Can't believe greater.

Have men fought wars and lied and said they like crappy romantic comedies for the remote possibility of maybe seeing thunder snow? Has friend battled friend over thunder snow? Is their a multibillion dollar industry devoted to the exploitation and filming of thunder snow?

I think not.

When women take their tops off, I see thunder snow, a'la American Beauty.

Fair enough.


Redbeard the Scruffy wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Aranna wrote:
Ok I will bite what is thunder snow?
THE GREATEST THING EVER!!!!

Gonna respectfully disagree. Naked women continue to be listed among the category "thing" of which to be greatest. Can't believe greater.

Have men fought wars and lied and said they like crappy romantic comedies for the remote possibility of maybe seeing thunder snow? Has friend battled friend over thunder snow? Is their a multibillion dollar industry devoted to the exploitation and filming of thunder snow?

I think not.

In the north, you can have both, have you never shagged in the snow.

It's a lot more fun then you may think.


Cap'n Yesterday's Winter Bliss wrote:
Redbeard the Scruffy wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Aranna wrote:
Ok I will bite what is thunder snow?
THE GREATEST THING EVER!!!!

Gonna respectfully disagree. Naked women continue to be listed among the category "thing" of which to be greatest. Can't believe greater.

Have men fought wars and lied and said they like crappy romantic comedies for the remote possibility of maybe seeing thunder snow? Has friend battled friend over thunder snow? Is their a multibillion dollar industry devoted to the exploitation and filming of thunder snow?

I think not.

In the north, you can have both, have you never shagged in the snow.

It's a lot more fun then you may think.

It remains on my bucket list.

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Call Mr. Plow, that's my name. That name again is Mr. Plow


3 people marked this as a favorite.

That sounds horrible. Like banging in a pool...great on paper, but everything is just wrong and significantly less comfortable when you actually do it.


You never even notice if it's cold.


Redbeard the Scruffy wrote:
That sounds horrible. Like banging in a pool...great on paper, but everything is just wrong and significantly less comfortable when you actually do it.

Also bucket list.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

It does help if you have the patience to build an Igloo.

Or if you're like me, and have already built an Igloo.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

No, trust me. Anyone who thinks in a pool is a good idea has never tried. On a beach or the ocean is the same.

I live in Florida. I know these things. Its been thoroughly researched by myself and many of my classmates. Overrated movie hack garbage.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Mind you, the beach is a good go-to when you're a teenager with parents at both homes, no money for a hotel, and a very, very easy girlfriend.

Doesn't mean it's quality. It's an act of desperation and a lack of quality beachside security.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Cap'n Yesterday's Winter Bliss wrote:
Redbeard the Scruffy wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Aranna wrote:
Ok I will bite what is thunder snow?
THE GREATEST THING EVER!!!!

Gonna respectfully disagree. Naked women continue to be listed among the category "thing" of which to be greatest. Can't believe greater.

Have men fought wars and lied and said they like crappy romantic comedies for the remote possibility of maybe seeing thunder snow? Has friend battled friend over thunder snow? Is their a multibillion dollar industry devoted to the exploitation and filming of thunder snow?

I think not.

In the north, you can have both, have you never shagged in the snow.

It's a lot more fun then you may think.

Is that anything like the feeling when you leave the steamy sauna and immediately dive into the near frozen lake to cool off? We used to do that in the UP here in Michigan.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I don't think it's that cold, certainly not diving in a frozen lake cold.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Protuberanssi wrote:
Icyshadow wrote:
baron arem heshvaun wrote:
I have compiled a list of things Jon Snow knows.
Link didn't work for me D:
So he doesn't actually know anything?

The only thing I know about Jon Snow, is that he doesn't know anything.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Non death blizzard super tame snow storm update: we're expecting a mild, relaxing 2-4 inches (of snow) of course that's not stopping people from freaking out.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Redbeard the Scruffy wrote:

No, trust me. Anyone who thinks in a pool is a good idea has never tried. On a beach or the ocean is the same.

I live in Florida. I know these things. Its been thoroughly researched by myself and many of my classmates. Overrated movie hack garbage.

Still doin it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Redbeard the Scruffy wrote:

Mind you, the beach is a good go-to when you're a teenager with parents at both homes, no money for a hotel, and a very, very easy girlfriend.

Doesn't mean it's quality. It's an act of desperation and a lack of quality beachside security.

You're trying to make this sound bad. Not working.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Wasn't picked for Wayfinder this time.
Damn. I'm sorry man.

Well, that sucks. Don't let it get you down, Drejk. Your stuff is good, and 3P publishers think so too, 'cause they've been buying it and publishing it. :)

We've been crowded out of Wayfinder by darn upstart whippersnappers! In my day, your submission had to go through at least two editors, uphill and backwards, both ways!

Ambrosia Slaad previously wrote:

...PFU comments...

I'm still processing OA. Hopefully my submission with two psychic-themed archetypes will make it into this upcoming Wayfinder. If they don't make it in, Yesterday, you're welcome to use them.

Neither my critter (picklebug) nor my archetypes were picked for Wayfinder either. Not sure they'll be any use (or any interest) to you, Yesterday, but here the archetypes are: the mindkiller and mind assassin (scroll down past the vishkanya stuff).
I want to see this picklebug.

And here's the picklebug.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Sex anywhere other then a bed is always worth the hassle.

Always.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Cap'n Yesterday's Winter Bliss wrote:
You never even notice if it's cold.

Baloney.

Shadow Lodge

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Ready Player One narrated by Wil Wheaton has made my long commute much more enjoyable. I'll be sorry when the book is finished. Currently on chapter 14.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Afternoon, all. What did I miss?


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Ordek, sighting, Tordek sighting

how are you ?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Hey, a dwarf invasion!

Excellent!

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
If it helps, I think all beer tastes terrible.

I've never drank it so I can't vouch for the taste, but I'll say that all beer smells terrible, which does not bode well for taste.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hi everyone,

have you seen the "goodbye my dwarven friend" thread?
we lost a former FaWtLy in the 8th Dwarf :-(


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I miss spending much time in FaWtL and being a regular, these days I can't really follow the conversations because to much happens in my absence, no time to read everything and no conection to todays regular crowd :-(

I miss talking to Bitter Thorn, AZ, solnes, LPM, the Professor, Jess Door and so many more

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yeah, almost all of us who knew him posted over there, I think.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Treppa wrote:
Cap'n Yesterday's Winter Bliss wrote:
You never even notice if it's cold.
Baloney.

Clearly, you have never enjoyed carnal activities with me and my superheated body.

No, really, I radiate heat. Friends who fear cold seek me out in the winter when outdoors, for I am super warm all the time.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
Afternoon, all. What did I miss?

Tell 'em, CH.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
aeglos wrote:

Hi everyone,

have you seen the "goodbye my dwarven friend" thread?
we lost a former FaWtLy in the 8th Dwarf :-(

We mourn his loss


6 people marked this as a favorite.

on a brighter note,
my boy is growing good, he kn,ows so many words and want shut up any more :-)
my dad had some health issues but has recovered
My wife has started working again after 2 years materinty leaf and learns her new tasks in a different department than before

life. over all, is good to me


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Wasn't picked for Wayfinder this time.
Damn. I'm sorry man.

Well, that sucks. Don't let it get you down, Drejk. Your stuff is good, and 3P publishers think so too, 'cause they've been buying it and publishing it. :)

We've been crowded out of Wayfinder by darn upstart whippersnappers! In my day, your submission had to go through at least two editors, uphill and backwards, both ways!

Ambrosia Slaad previously wrote:

...PFU comments...

I'm still processing OA. Hopefully my submission with two psychic-themed archetypes will make it into this upcoming Wayfinder. If they don't make it in, Yesterday, you're welcome to use them.

Neither my critter (picklebug) nor my archetypes were picked for Wayfinder either. Not sure they'll be any use (or any interest) to you, Yesterday, but here the archetypes are: the mindkiller and mind assassin (scroll down past the vishkanya stuff).
I want to see this picklebug.
And here's the picklebug.

What a cool little critter!!!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Excellent, Tiny T-Rex is also growing, too fast if you ask me. New beds for both kids on the horizon.

Pea Bear is now in both casts of Cinderella for her school (she is a step sister and pastry chef).

Acting, singing, painting and writing seem to be her artistic strengths.

My wife endeavours on as a voice of reason and positivity in her department, which isn't easy.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
If it helps, I think all beer tastes terrible.
I've never drank it so I can't vouch for the taste, but I'll say that all beer smells terrible, which does not bode well for taste.

I went through my teens convinced that beer was a terrible practical joke played on everyone by aliens; who would willingly drink that stuff?

Then my German professor gave me German beer, and I could actually see drinking it for the taste. A few months later, traveling in England, a Londoner bought me a pint of draft Guinness from a London pub. Divine!

There are still very, very, VERY few beers I will drink for pleasure, but if you get a good one, you finally understand the obsession

Trader Joe's Oatmeal Stout is the cheapest one I can think of that I really like. But I'm a stout kinda guy. I like reds and lagers. I've never met an IPA nor a wheat beer that I liked, or could even tolerate.

But ah, during grad school in Davis, sitting on the Sudwerk patio in 100-degree weather sucking down a 1-litre mertzen and a platter of onion rings and hot wings! Those were the days!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Orthos wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
If it helps, I think all beer tastes terrible.
I've never drank it so I can't vouch for the taste, but I'll say that all beer smells terrible, which does not bode well for taste.

I went through my teens convinced that beer was a terrible practical joke played on everyone by aliens; who would willingly drink that stuff?

Then my German professor gave me German beer, and I could actually see drinking it for the taste. A few months later, traveling in England, a Londoner bought me a pint of draft Guinness from a London pub. Divine!

There are still very, very, VERY few beers I will drink for pleasure, but if you get a good one, you finally understand the obsession

Trader Joe's Oatmeal Stout is the cheapest one I can think of that I really like. But I'm a stout kinda guy. I like reds and lagers. I've never met an IPA nor a wheat beer that I liked, or could even tolerate.

But ah, during grad school in Davis, sitting on the Sudwerk patio in 100-degree weather sucking down a 1-litre mertzen and a platter of onion rings and hot wings! Those were the days!

Ooooh, Trader Joe's Oatmeal Stout!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

But ah, during grad school in Davis, sitting on the Sudwerk patio in 100-degree weather sucking down a 1-litre mertzen and a platter of onion rings and hot wings! Those were the days!

Ooooh, Trader Joe's Oatmeal Stout!

...and before you go off on the heat, Freehold, let me just point out:

Davis is a college town full of very physically active students who run around in the summer dressed for 100-degree weather.

For a flat town in the middle of the Central Valley, Davis has some amazing views...

Dark Archive

6 people marked this as a favorite.
baron arem heshvaun wrote:
I have compiled a list of things Jon Snow knows.

Speaking of Snow, remember those crazy random encounters from 1st Edition Advanced Dungeons and Dragons?


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I bet it has some really cool historic buildings then, huh.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Tordek Rumnaheim wrote:
Ready Player One narrated by Wil Wheaton has made my long commute much more enjoyable. I'll be sorry when the book is finished. Currently on chapter 14.

I received this book as a CHristmas present from my (not so) little brother. I am currently enjoying it.\having only recently discovered the joys of audiobooks, I cannot wait to try Wil Wheaton reading this one! Sounds great!

PS- as a graduate of HS in the 80's this book has been bringing back memories I hadn't even realized I had! :)
(Or had forgotten) ;P


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

It's raining now, everything is a wet slushy mess.

More befitting of a March storm.


NobodysHome wrote:
Orthos wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
If it helps, I think all beer tastes terrible.
I've never drank it so I can't vouch for the taste, but I'll say that all beer smells terrible, which does not bode well for taste.

I went through my teens convinced that beer was a terrible practical joke played on everyone by aliens; who would willingly drink that stuff?

Then my German professor gave me German beer, and I could actually see drinking it for the taste. A few months later, traveling in England, a Londoner bought me a pint of draft Guinness from a London pub. Divine!

There are still very, very, VERY few beers I will drink for pleasure, but if you get a good one, you finally understand the obsession

Trader Joe's Oatmeal Stout is the cheapest one I can think of that I really like. But I'm a stout kinda guy. I like reds and lagers. I've never met an IPA nor a wheat beer that I liked, or could even tolerate.

But ah, during grad school in Davis, sitting on the Sudwerk patio in 100-degree weather sucking down a 1-litre mertzen and a platter of onion rings and hot wings! Those were the days!

Your taste in beer is similar to mine, I prefer reds and lagers as well and find IPAs to be nasty as well as most wheat beers... There was an amazing wheat beer made by Sam Adams, Cherry Wheat, made with Michigan cherries that was divine... It was like alcoholic dessert in a bottle. But they changed the recipe and now it is a pale imitation of the masterpiece it used to be.


I need to buy a new tablet. I've narrowed down to the Nexus 9, but there is one concern. Storage space. It cannot mount a micro SD card, and my micro SD card is only 8 GB anyway. 16 GB is 300 bucks, while 32 GB is 400 bucks. I really don't want to spend 400 bucks, because I have a TON of other things I need to buy at this moment. But I found a 64 GB flash drive with both regular USB and micro USB for 20 bucks. It is tiny, too. So would it not be more financially sound to get the 16 GB tablet and the flash drive, which comes with the added benefit of making computer-tablet transfer very easy, and accept that I can't access those files while using the USB port to charge the device? Or am I missing some important detail here?


captain yesterday wrote:
I don't think it's that cold, certainly not diving in a frozen lake cold.

You should try it sometime not really cold cold per say. Your body is steaming hot when you jump in so all you get is this cool needles sensation across your entire body as all your pores slam shut. Totally wild.


Rosita the Riveter wrote:
I need to buy a new tablet. I've narrowed down to the Nexus 9, but there is one concern. Storage space. It cannot mount a micro SD card, and my micro SD card is only 8 GB anyway. 16 GB is 300 bucks, while 32 GB is 400 bucks. I really don't want to spend 400 bucks, because I have a TON of other things I need to buy at this moment. But I found a 64 GB flash drive with both regular USB and micro USB for 20 bucks. It is tiny, too. So would it not be more financially sound to get the 16 GB tablet and the flash drive, which comes with the added benefit of making computer-tablet transfer very easy, and accept that I can't access those files while using the USB port to charge the device? Or am I missing some important detail here?

external storage is everything. Go for a type of tablet that makes this easiest for you.

135,901 to 135,950 of 232,632 << first < prev | 2714 | 2715 | 2716 | 2717 | 2718 | 2719 | 2720 | 2721 | 2722 | 2723 | 2724 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.