Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

135,601 to 135,650 of 232,440 << first < prev | 2708 | 2709 | 2710 | 2711 | 2712 | 2713 | 2714 | 2715 | 2716 | 2717 | 2718 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Hi, Puffin!

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.

I guess I'm happy to see you,..

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
Aranna wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Sharoth wrote:
Aranna wrote:
What kind of calendar? Do I have to show up in cosplay or in swim wear carrying an AR-15 or lounging on some fancy car?

Monday - Cosplay

Tuesday - Swimwear
Wed - Historical garb
Thursday - Steampunk
Friday - Casual Day
Saturday - ???
Sunday - Profit
FIFY

Um... I am not sure what manner of outfit "profit" is? Perhaps we dress up as money or coins?

It's an old internet meme (in the timeline of the internet anyway, circa early 2000s). Whenever you have a list of things, it always ends with ??? followed and concluded by PROFIT!

Actually, you have to go back to 1998 for that one. Back when South Park was funny.

It is a reference to the Underpants Gnomes episode of South Park. Underpants Gnomes' plot.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
I guess I'm happy to see you,..

*blink*

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sorry. I will try to maintain more decorum. It's just my enthusiasm gets the better of me sometimes and I wind up dancing naked at the top of the page to welcome you.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

CELEBRATION!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Studpuffin wrote:

*climbs out of the Poodle's dungeon*

What, where am I? What is this place?

Welcome back.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sharoth wrote:
Studpuffin wrote:

*climbs out of the Poodle's dungeon*

What, where am I? What is this place?

Welcome back.

*climbs out of hoard*

Oh, shiny!

Liberty's Edge

Celestial Healer wrote:
Underpants Gnomes[/url]

CRAB PEOPLE!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Hello, Twitch. How was your day?"
"AAAAH!!!"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:

Actually, you have to go back to 1998 for that one. Back when South Park was funny.

It is a reference to the Underpants Gnomes episode of South Park. Underpants Gnomes' plot.

Wait...South Park was funny? Not in my experience.


I don't know I thought South Park was amusing in a juvenile sort of way.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Studpuffin wrote:

*climbs out of the Poodle's dungeon*

What, where am I? What is this place?

And the two most crucial questions: who are you and what do you want?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The first seasons were hilarious.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Lessons from the Antitroll.

I do remember one South Park episode that was so incredibly topical and slashingly funny it took my breath away. It aired about a week after the incident in question... and darned if I can remember what that incident was.

By the way, I drive past South Park here in Colorado every week day. So glad I don't live there.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Butters is the best, f&%@ the rest.

Dark Archive

5 people marked this as a favorite.

Tilt your head to the left.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:

Actually, you have to go back to 1998 for that one. Back when South Park was funny.

It is a reference to the Underpants Gnomes episode of South Park. Underpants Gnomes' plot.

Wait...South Park was funny? Not in my experience.

Beat me to it.


Orthos wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:

Actually, you have to go back to 1998 for that one. Back when South Park was funny.

It is a reference to the Underpants Gnomes episode of South Park. Underpants Gnomes' plot.

Wait...South Park was funny? Not in my experience.
Beat me to it.

it gives me the occasional belly laugh. It got way too preachy a while back,not long after the movie.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Treppa wrote:

Lessons from the Antitroll.

I do remember one South Park episode that was so incredibly topical and slashingly funny it took my breath away. It aired about a week after the incident in question... and darned if I can remember what that incident was.

By the way, I drive past South Park here in Colorado every week day. So glad I don't live there.

it's a real place? What?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
Studpuffin wrote:

*climbs out of the Poodle's dungeon*

What, where am I? What is this place?

And the two most crucial questions: who are you and what do you want?

levels shotgun intruder alert! Intruder alert!

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:

Actually, you have to go back to 1998 for that one. Back when South Park was funny.

It is a reference to the Underpants Gnomes episode of South Park. Underpants Gnomes' plot.

Wait...South Park was funny? Not in my experience.
Beat me to it.
it gives me the occasional belly laugh. It got way too preachy a while back,not long after the movie.

It has always been very much Not My Kind of humor.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

They like to add too much drama into their comedy sometimes, and they occasionally get lost in gore and politics, but overall it's a good show.

Not one I watch with regularity, but a good show.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
[South Park is] a real place? What?

Yup.

Silver Crusade

Treppa wrote:

Lessons from the Antitroll.

I do remember one South Park episode that was so incredibly topical and slashingly funny it took my breath away. It aired about a week after the incident in question... and darned if I can remember what that incident was.

By the way, I drive past South Park here in Colorado every week day. So glad I don't live there.

A real South Park, you learn something new everyday...I enjoyed it for it's first couple of seasons like say Firefly 8>)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I drove through South Park, once.

Or was that around it...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Treppa wrote:
Lessons from the Antitroll.

Nice! Thanks!

(Added to my profile page.)

While I don't agree with all of his conclusions, most of them are extremely solid, and I'm very pleased with it.

baron arem heshvaun wrote:
Tilt your head to the left.

I *ahem* pray you continue to occasionally share images with us. These are fun.

Orthos wrote:
It has always been very much Not My Kind of humor.

Agreed.

Treppa wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
[South Park is] a real place? What?
Yup.

Awesome!

Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
A real South Park, you learn something new everyday...I enjoyed it for it's first couple of seasons like say Firefly 8>)

Hah! Nice!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

The case for optimism and goodness.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Yay!

A warm up, with a possible blizzard to follow, the monotony of the deep freeze is over.

For now...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Alright, fellow Fawtl-ites! So, I'm working with a disappointed player right now, thanks to the fact that I have fully committed myself to not returning to a superhero game we started a while back because I despise Champions system I was using for it. Said player really liked their character, who I honestly enjoyed as well. So, while I'm running Kingmaker for the group, I'd like to try and find another system that I can use for some good-ole superhero-making fun! Any suggestions?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I've heard great things about Mutants and Masterminds, haven't tried it myself.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Tsr Marvel super heroes.

There is no other system.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

{fails Will save vs. Courtfool mind control}

{in monotone:} You should play HERO. It is the best.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

There's always Heroes Unlimited.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
I've heard great things about Mutants and Masterminds, haven't tried it myself.

Heard good things about it myself as well, though I'd like some others to look into as well for a good comparison.

Freehold DM wrote:

Tsr Marvel super heroes.

There is no other system.

Hrm. Never heard of it. Might see what I can rustle up.

Miss Kitty wrote:

{fails Will save vs. Courtfool mind control}

{in monotone:} You should play HERO. It is the best.

*fires the kitty out of a cannon* Trying to not play the Hero System, thank you!

captain yesterday wrote:
There's always Heroes Unlimited.

Another one that I played. Didn't seem too bad to run, either, so I might have a go at it.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Freehold is pretty spot on, if you can find the expert box set, Marvel Super Heroes is a ton of fun.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

The Star Wars thread is up to 776 posts since last I checked, before the movie came out.

Still haven't seen it, but soon, it's at the full bar theater I saw yesterday.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I've no idea what the HERO system is, but I'm really enjoying the mechanics of Cortex system as defined in the Firefly RPG. I've found it excessively "fluffable" to the point that I'm pondering a drow campaign using the Cortex system.

(I'm thinking of adding another "stat" - "magic" - with which you can add a d3 to anything (and it can be scaled d3->d4->d6->etc) that eats into your ability array*. Alternatively, and more simply, "magic" or "spells" are just Skill Specialties or Signature Assets.)

* ((It's problems are twofold, though: while it demonstrably adds to any other roll, it starts at a 33.333...% jinx-rate (a natural 1) and it eats your other ability scores to increase itself. I'm toying with a third drawback: when used, all die except the magic die roll jinxes on both 1s and 2s.))

Anyway, could be worth looking into.

EDIT: added a closing quotation marks. Grumble complain typos.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Might get last two books of Hell's Rebels today, or tomorrow.

Surprisingly, I think I'm more excited for Hell's Vengeance to begin, which I was going to skip originally.

I'm very intrigued with how Paizo handles it.

It could also be, I have a great chance of getting someone else to run it, so I don't get to read it right away. :-)

That will be hard.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

LOL. I'm so busy running campaigns right now that all the stuff that arrives just gets thrown into my "campaigns" bookshelf. I have enough that half a dozen GMs could show up at my house, each start an AP, and have physical books, PDFs, and interactive maps for it all.

Yeah, I have too much stuff...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

LOL. I'm so busy running campaigns right now that all the stuff that arrives just gets thrown into my "campaigns" bookshelf. I have enough that half a dozen GMs could show up at my house, each start an AP, and have physical books, PDFs, and interactive maps for it all.

Yeah, I have just enough stuff...

There we go, all nice and fixed now!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
mourge40k wrote:
Alright, fellow Fawtl-ites! So, I'm working with a disappointed player right now, thanks to the fact that I have fully committed myself to not returning to a superhero game we started a while back because I despise Champions system I was using for it. Said player really liked their character, who I honestly enjoyed as well. So, while I'm running Kingmaker for the group, I'd like to try and find another system that I can use for some good-ole superhero-making fun! Any suggestions?

I am a super hero game junkie so I will give My recommendation for Mutants & Masterminds. It seems to be the best made super game out to date and as a bonus it is a d20 based system for easy learning. Other games I have played are V&V or Heroes Unlimited which are really fun but wildly unbalanced; Marvel Superheroes or DC Heroes both of which seemed overly complex and had uninspired play (to be fair this may have been the GMs fault); marvel supers (the one that uses cards) which was very quick and easy to play but also unbalanced; hero system or GURPS which feature point buy and dull combats; there is also Aberant by White Wolf which looked promising but I never got anyone else interested in playing it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

oh man
Heroes Unlimited
good times from my childhood


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Alright! Between you guys and a few others suggestions, I think I'll be picking up Mutants and Masterminds! And I can concur with Hero System being dull as all hell in the combat department, which is a major reason I hate the system.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Orthos! You were noticed by Senpai/MatPat!

(Because you shouted out "TRADITION~!" at their livestream!)

(~1 hour, 8 minutes)

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:

Orthos! You were noticed by Senpai/MatPat!

(Because you shouted out "TRADITION~!" at their livestream!)

(~1 hour, 8 minutes)

Yep, I replied (again) in the comments to explain what my Youtube username means =) Though I don't think anybody noticed that. I got a good laugh out of their reaction, regardless.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Freehold is pretty spot on, if you can find the expert box set, Marvel Super Heroes is a ton of fun.

I have BOTH original boxed sets. And have actually never had the chance to play them. :( As I never played them, I can only tell you that reading the directions, it seemed,... unusually complex. The only way to tell that you hit was by using a complicated color-coded chart that came with the box. :/

OTOH, I have spent MANY hours players HERO system over the last 30 years.(originally Champions, then later Fantasy Heroes, same system) And I love it,... mostly. WHile the combat system can be clunky, (particularly the SPEED system) we had many nail-biting super-duper throwdowns using that system. Both as super heroes and Fantasy adventurers! I love the fact that it is a point-buy system that allows you to do pretty much ANYthing, as the exact details of your 'powers' are simply descriptions (IE=Special Effects) and the powers all work the same game-wise regardless of what they are supposed to be. (magic, lasers, etc)

Sorry,... MANY happy memories/ hours playing that game. :D
(NO relation to the lame online game that only bears its name, and NO other similarity!) :P

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

LOL. I'm so busy running campaigns right now that all the stuff that arrives just gets thrown into my "campaigns" bookshelf. I have enough that half a dozen GMs could show up at my house, each start an AP, and have physical books, PDFs, and interactive maps for it all.

Yeah, I have too much stuff...

Really...Are you interested in liquidating a few? My hard copy of "The Wormwood Mutiny" grew legs


mourge40k wrote:
Alright! Between you guys and a few others suggestions, I think I'll be picking up Mutants and Masterminds! And I can concur with Hero System being dull as all hell in the combat department, which is a major reason I hate the system.

you have chosen...poorly.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Okay guys. Taking off for cali now. See everyone once I land.

135,601 to 135,650 of 232,440 << first < prev | 2708 | 2709 | 2710 | 2711 | 2712 | 2713 | 2714 | 2715 | 2716 | 2717 | 2718 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.