Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

134,551 to 134,600 of 235,579 << first < prev | 2687 | 2688 | 2689 | 2690 | 2691 | 2692 | 2693 | 2694 | 2695 | 2696 | 2697 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Treppa wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Well, *that* was anticlimactic!

Yeah, you've gotta do it for yourself first and foremost.

OTOH, I just got back from the doctor, who was delighted with how much I've lost in 6 weeks AND in the 15 point drop in both blood pressure numbers. It's nice to have a health professional enthusiastic like that.

Oh, yeah. I was cleaning the kitchen a couple of weeks ago and found my old blood pressure machine from when I was pre-hypertense, so I decided to give it a test. Guess what? Dropping 25 pounds drops your blood pressure by 15 points. Who knew?

I guess doctors and whatnot, but still...

I can't wait to do my blood tests at the end of this month. Let's see what the weight loss did to my cholesterol numbers...

EDIT: Cue MIMITW voice: "I don't always take blood tests, but when I do, I take them nekkid."

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
NH wrote:
(On the other hand, I'm really beginning to notice the difference in weight. I'm lighter on my feet, move with more confidence, and suddenly push-ups are embarrassingly easy. Kind of like taking 30 pounds off your bench press and wondering why you can suddenly double your reps...)

I know what you mean, I feel much lighter on the feet also much more energetic. I'm down 25 lbs in about 4 months

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Maybe NH and I can get a spokesman gig with weight watchers ...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
Maybe NH and I can get a spokesman gig with weight watchers ...

"I fed my horrifically-underweight son Weight Watchers for 6 months, and I lost 30 pounds! What a product!"

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Heck, I only gained 10 pounds or so and I feel like molasses. Not working out probably amplified that however.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm doing great at Dead Money DLC for Fallout New Vegas! Never better! Nope, won't let the rage take over, I'm cool.

Was.. Was that a beeping sound...

Starts blasting Holorifle at the corners in a flurry of madness, realizes what he'd just done, gathers self, and composes comically frazzled hair

Yup! Never better!

Unrelated, can.. can we do without a radio for awhile, no.. no reason.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

beep...


NobodysHome wrote:

Well, *that* was anticlimactic!

NobodysWife: NH, I've noticed your old wolf sweatshirt on the floor. Is it too small for you?
NH: No, it fits me now. Why?
W: Oh, I was thinking that Impus Major might like it. I thought it was a Medium.
NH: It is.
W: Is it a large Medium?
NH: No; I've just lost 30 pounds in the last 3 months.
W: Oh. Good for you. So do you want to keep it?
NH: No; you can give it to Impus Major.

So yep, not even an exclamation mark. Just a side, "Good for you."

Ah, well, I'm doing it for my own personal health rather than accolades.

It's just that accolades never hurt. :-P

(On the other hand, I'm really beginning to notice the difference in weight. I'm lighter on my feet, move with more confidence, and suddenly push-ups are embarrassingly easy. Kind of like taking 30 pounds off your bench press and wondering why you can suddenly double your reps...)

I'm sorry she isn't more enthusiastic....


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm focusing on eating healthier myself. I have a very important soiree coming up this year that I need to be killer for.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Treppa wrote:
Ragadolf wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:


Don't get old! (Except you, Ragadolf! I need at least one person on these boards to stay older than me!)

Annnnnd, Presto! Your WISH is granted! :D

I have yet another of those annoying birthday things in less than month.

:/

And I have one in just over a month.

My eighteen birthday will have its eighteen birthday in a little over a month.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Rawr! wrote:
A creepy, crawly monster is up on the blog.

Huh? I know those links from somewhere...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

In a little over 8 months my twentieth birthday will celebrate its twentieth birthday.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Trinam wrote:

24 working hours remain until vacation.

I've taken to responding to any request for action with a gurgling, zombielike moan and shambling off to get things done.

Brains and the taste thereof have captured my attention lately.

I should report this to HR to see if anything can be done. I might be a zombie.

So that's it?! The zombiecalypse will start because some company released their zombies for vacations?

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
TriOmegaZero wrote:
Heck, I only gained 10 pounds or so and I feel like molasses. Not working out probably amplified that however.

Did you ETS or something? ;-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Interesting development from WotC side: Dungeon Master Guild. It's basically a license to write materials for Forgotten Realms and have them published, even profit on them, as long as you follow the guideliness... If it catches eye of WotC guys they might even buy it from you and incorporate into Forgotten Realms canon.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
Trinam wrote:

24 working hours remain until vacation.

I've taken to responding to any request for action with a gurgling, zombielike moan and shambling off to get things done.

Brains and the taste thereof have captured my attention lately.

I should report this to HR to see if anything can be done. I might be a zombie.

So that's it?! The zombiecalypse will start because some company released their zombies for vacations?

Brains!!.. Bikinis!!.. Tequila!!.. Fun!!..Sun!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
Interesting development from WotC side: Dungeon Master Guild. It's basically a license to write materials for Forgotten Realms and have them published, even profit on them, as long as you follow the guideliness... If it catches eye of WotC guys they might even buy it from you and incorporate into Forgotten Realms canon.

a fiendish plan is developing.....


5 people marked this as a favorite.

What it's like working for a Giant Megacorporation (TM):

(10:13:09 AM) NH: You know that Far Side where there's a repairman at an office, and he's opened the air vent or some such, and he's saying, "Well, there's your problem!" and the air vent is full of cows or some such?
(10:13:24 AM) NW: LOL, yeah...
(10:13:36 AM) NH: And it's ludicrous because:
(a) The air vent is full of cows, and
(b) how could the other workers NOT notice the cows?
(10:13:49 AM) NH: I am beginning to believe that I am that repairman.
(10:13:50 AM) NW: Mmm-hmm
(10:13:53 AM) NW: Hahahaha!
(10:14:24 AM) NH: THREE separate testers said, "I performed the steps in this lab EXACTLY as-written and I couldn't get it to work."
My manager herself tested it twice.
(10:14:35 AM) NH: So she finally asked me to do the lab.
(10:14:57 AM) NW: *nodding*
(10:15:00 AM) NH: And it is physically impossible to do the steps as-written. It's not that they don't work. It's that they're just wrong. You CANNOT DO THEM!
(10:15:19 AM) NH: So through FOUR ROUNDS of testing, not a single person was able to realize they were doing the impossible.
(10:15:20 AM) NW: I’m laughing and crying at the same time for you
(10:15:45 AM) NH: It's like, "WTF, people?"
(10:16:05 AM) NH: Well. another feather in my cap for the day, so I'm going to do nothing and clean my darned house.
(10:17:01 AM) NW: Hehe... good for you!
(10:17:13 AM) NH: Anyway, housecleaning time!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I'm done with Forgotten Realms.

It's just so they don't actually have to employ anyone.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

So what happened to the cows, I got tripped up over cows in vents, which is an improbability onto itself.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Didn't they hire SKR some time ago to be Forgotten Realms line manager (or something like that)? Could it be that his actual job is to read all those gamer-created content looking for violations of guidelines and fish those few that are worthy of being added to canon?

Also, SRK and his wife were/are divorcing? I hadn't know...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Drejk wrote:
Interesting development from WotC side: Dungeon Master Guild. It's basically a license to write materials for Forgotten Realms and have them published, even profit on them, as long as you follow the guideliness... If it catches eye of WotC guys they might even buy it from you and incorporate into Forgotten Realms canon.

It's pretty cool.

Knowing how toy companies operate I'm not surprised they went this route to save money while keeping the same big toy company strategy.

Which is, throw as much s@*& against a wall and see what sticks, in this case the fans get to throw it against the wall, and if it's good Hasbro gets the profit.

Very smart.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Drejk wrote:

Didn't they hire SKR some time ago to be Forgotten Realms line manager (or something like that)? Could it be that his actual job is to read all those gamer-created content looking for violations of guidelines and fish those few that are worthy of being added to canon?

Also, SRK and his wife were/are divorcing? I hadn't know...

Bummer about his divorce, but it's easier to hire one guy to keep it all in line, then to hire a bunch, I could be wrong, and it's just an observation from working at a toy store, which is entirely different then an RPG company, just my observation.

Hope everything goes well for SKR, he's alright.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Drejk wrote:

Didn't they hire SKR some time ago to be Forgotten Realms line manager (or something like that)? Could it be that his actual job is to read all those gamer-created content looking for violations of guidelines and fish those few that are worthy of being added to canon?

Also, SRK and his wife were/are divorcing? I hadn't know...

Bummer about his divorce, but it's easier to hire one guy to keep it all in line, then to hire a bunch, I could be wrong, and it's just an observation from working at a toy store, which is entirely different then an RPG company, just my observation.

Hope everything goes well for SKR, he's alright.

It's just a guess based on the announcement about DM Guild license. I noticed the part about divorce when I looked on his wiki page to see if there is anything about his latest work for WotC. I don't even know if he still works for them.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

On the bright side, my manager said, "Can you rewrite it so it works?", and I said, "Sure!" and was done in 20 minutes.

Then I told her I was going to slack off for the next day and a half 'til my vacation. And her response was, "Yeah, that's fine."

I do love my manager!

EDIT: Of course, she's been working with me for 11 1/2 years now, so she knows that "slacking off" means I'm only going to finish 2-3 projects in those 2 days, so I'll probably still produce more than anyone else on her team during that time. It's slow right now...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

DM Guild uses the DriveThrough account... I don't have to set up separate one. One step less.

Silver Crusade

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
I'm focusing on eating healthier myself. I have a very important soiree coming up this year that I need to be killer for.

John is determined to be a 31 waist by the wedding. I support him, but also make sure he knows I am fine with more to love...

You, on the other hand, look killer no matter what, Mr. Freehold.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Zombie Drizz't wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Trinam wrote:

24 working hours remain until vacation.

I've taken to responding to any request for action with a gurgling, zombielike moan and shambling off to get things done.

Brains and the taste thereof have captured my attention lately.

I should report this to HR to see if anything can be done. I might be a zombie.

So that's it?! The zombiecalypse will start because some company released their zombies for vacations?
Brains!!.. Bikinis!!.. Tequila!!.. Fun!!..Sun!!

21.5 working hours remain.

Send help, I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

There are no brains here to eat.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm inclined to join, not because I'm vain about my wedding tux size, but because maybe it creates a meaningful goal and deadline.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I feel slightly guilty when everyone here is doing so great with weight-loss, while my doctor just want me to shed 20 pounds and I'm sitting here eating an almond pastry...

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Dude, when we met, you seemed pretty trim to me. *headscratch*

Silver Crusade

houstonderek wrote:
Dude, when we met, you seemed pretty trim to me. *headscratch*

Yeah, but everyone in my family has crazy cholesterol (regardless of diet), gets heart attacks, and dies young. I have to be especially careful.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
LordSynos wrote:
Howdy every-FaWtL. Hope everyone is having a lovely day today, and their week is treating them well so far. :)

Well enough to beat Valkyria Chronicles! So awesome! 'Dem feels! ... thank you.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
houstonderek wrote:
Did you ETS or something? ;-)

Like 2 and 1/2 years ago man try to keep up.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
I feel slightly guilty when everyone here is doing so great with weight-loss, while my doctor just want me to shed 20 pounds and I'm sitting here eating an almond pastry...

You are not alone. I am sitting here, nibbling on a piece of marzipan, and waiting for my chicken soup to warm on the stove.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
In a little over 8 months my twentieth birthday will celebrate its twentieth birthday.

Heheh,

I've had 20th birthdays for 29 years now. :)

My family is telling me its time to grow up.

:/ I must disagree.

Funny side story,...

Many moons ago, (Almost 25 years now. Wow, time does fly!)
My recently -X-mother-in-law and I were having a 'discussion', and it wasn't going her way. Irate, she demanded to know,
"WHEN are you going to grow up and get out of your second childhood?!?"

I laughed and replied,

"Second? I'm not done with my first one yet!"

:)

Although, I may have to reach for the second childhood sooner than I planned. I've just about worn this one out. ;P


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

My mom told me grow up, once.

I told her to make me.

She hasn't.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
houstonderek wrote:
Dude, when we met, you seemed pretty trim to me. *headscratch*
Yeah, but everyone in my family has crazy cholesterol (regardless of diet), gets heart attacks, and dies young. I have to be especially careful.

Please do! Don't want your handle becoming literal.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

The brain never grows up.


I'm fine with growing old. However, I physically cannot be made to grow up. This is as tall as I get!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I was born old, now I am getting senile...

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
TOZ wrote:
houstonderek wrote:
Did you ETS or something? ;-)
Like 2 and 1/2 years ago man try to keep up.

I didn't have internet access until the tail end of 2013, I was occupied "ETSing" from a different Federal program. ;-)

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
houstonderek wrote:
Dude, when we met, you seemed pretty trim to me. *headscratch*
Yeah, but everyone in my family has crazy cholesterol (regardless of diet), gets heart attacks, and dies young. I have to be especially careful.

Ah, gotcha. Half the men on the paternal side have bypass scars. I feel ya there.

*munches on his salad some more*


3 people marked this as a favorite.

"Men never grow up. Their toys just get more expensive"

Liberty's Edge

7 people marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:


"Men never grow up. Their toys just get more expensive"

Yep, the core books used to be $12, $12, and $15 when I started playing. Now they're $50 a pop. ;-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Not mine.

The only real difference I've noticed, is now my mom can't tell me no.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

How would you lure Cows into a vent?


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Ah-hahahahaha! After 10,000 years, I'm finally free! It's time to conquer-

Wait, what do you mean it's only been, like, a week? Bah. Guess the conquest will wait.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
How would you lure Cows into a vent?

.... Have a Butcher behind them?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Feeling sleep. Will I wake up just past midnight if I go to bed now?

134,551 to 134,600 of 235,579 << first < prev | 2687 | 2688 | 2689 | 2690 | 2691 | 2692 | 2693 | 2694 | 2695 | 2696 | 2697 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.