Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

133,701 to 133,750 of 239,868 << first < prev | 2670 | 2671 | 2672 | 2673 | 2674 | 2675 | 2676 | 2677 | 2678 | 2679 | 2680 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
As someone who spent 12 years running a snow shoveling crew professionally...

Heck with the "talk to Captain Yesterday's aliases" thread -- we need a, "Name one obscure job that Captain Yesterday hasn't had" thread!

EDIT: And I am fairly sure "Nekkid dancer" isn't on that list!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

The U.N. has plans in place, contingency plans, and most likely Tom Cruise as a sleeper agent just so I won't dance for money.

Or so I've been told.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I was a quality control inspector at a cheese factory.

A barista at a risque coffee shop (I thought it was just French).

I'm also, during winter months, a concert security guard, tho I haven't yet this year.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
I was a quality control inspector at a cheese factory.

God bless you for your service to our country. You are a fine human being, and may your children grow to be as outstanding. I have never had a poor piece of American cheese, (I have had one overwhipped French soft cheese that was like eating a stick of butter) and I like to think you are part of the reason why.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I only worked there less then two days.

I was also a quality control inspector for cookies at a different place, I worked there two weeks, got my first check and never returned.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I assembled Rockford Fozgate speakers for two months.

That's the extent of my factory experience. But I've had 23 different types of jobs. Not including volunteer work, like Candlestick Maker, or all the b!&$&!#@ that goes into living on an olde timey dairy farm for 18 years, you want butter, I can churn the s!~$ out of some butter, ice cream from hand milked cows, I'll crank that b+@&*!


5 people marked this as a favorite.

I never knew dairy products were so gangsta.


captain yesterday wrote:

I assembled Rockford Fozgate speakers for two months.

That's the extent of my factory experience. But I've had 23 different types of jobs. Not including volunteer work, like Candlestick Maker, or all the b~@@&*+# that goes into living on an olde timey dairy farm for 18 years, you want butter, I can churn the s#~+ out of some butter, ice cream from hand milked cows, I'll crank that b#+&%!

Chuck Palahniuk says milk maids give the best handjobs, for obvious reasons.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Treppa wrote:
I never knew dairy products were so gangsta.

Have you ever seen the video for Amish Paradise, it's not that far off.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Valkyrie Chronicles is AWESOME! Thank you, LordSynos!


(Not that I have time right now, as company is coming over todaaaaayyyyyyyy~!


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Well, with lunch out and the Imps insisting on doing most of the work, we're not going to finish Phase 3 today, but I'm getting some cool pictures of Impus Major at work! Woo hoo! On the bright side, it took 45 exhausting minutes to do one wall without removing the nails, so it would have probably killed me to do it all today. The Imps are having fun and I'm just cleaning up after them...

EDIT: OK. Holy carp! Impus Major took out almost the entire north wall -- I did the south wall, so there's little for Impus Minor to do. He's in there ripping out drywall like a maniac.

Destruction and young boys. What could be better?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Well, with lunch out and the Imps insisting on doing most of the work, we're not going to finish Phase 3 today, but I'm getting some cool pictures of Impus Major at work! Woo hoo! On the bright side, it took 45 exhausting minutes to do one wall without removing the nails, so it would have probably killed me to do it all today. The Imps are having fun and I'm just cleaning up after them...

EDIT: OK. Holy carp! Impus Major took out almost the entire north wall -- I did the south wall, so there's little for Impus Minor to do. He's in there ripping out drywall like a maniac.

Destruction and young boys. What could be better?

Told you.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Well, the jig is finally up! But it wasn't my retired friend; it was a friend of my brother's who went through her own weight loss journey a couple of years ago, so I'm not surprised she noticed the moment she set eyes on me. But it was fun to listen to her gush. "How could anyone NOT have noticed? You're like a rail! I don't think you HAVE another 25 pounds to lose!"

She probably hadn't got the memo about conspiracy...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Well, the jig is finally up! But it wasn't my retired friend; it was a friend of my brother's who went through her own weight loss journey a couple of years ago, so I'm not surprised she noticed the moment she set eyes on me. But it was fun to listen to her gush. "How could anyone NOT have noticed? You're like a rail! I don't think you HAVE another 25 pounds to lose!"
She probably hadn't got the memo about conspiracy...

please, go on...


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Fox Mulder, F.B.I. wrote:
Drejk wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Well, the jig is finally up! But it wasn't my retired friend; it was a friend of my brother's who went through her own weight loss journey a couple of years ago, so I'm not surprised she noticed the moment she set eyes on me. But it was fun to listen to her gush. "How could anyone NOT have noticed? You're like a rail! I don't think you HAVE another 25 pounds to lose!"
She probably hadn't got the memo about conspiracy...
please, go on...

Nobody knows about that conspiracy...


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm currently enjoying Bravely Default...ok well I'm actually at work but if I wasn't I would be.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

I only worked there less then two days.

I was also a quality control inspector for cookies at a different place, I worked there two weeks, got my first check and never returned.

Does quality control involve anything other than eating cheese/cookies?


5 people marked this as a favorite.

The Last season of Mythbusters starts next week.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Celestial Healer wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

I only worked there less then two days.

I was also a quality control inspector for cookies at a different place, I worked there two weeks, got my first check and never returned.

Does quality control involve anything other than eating cheese/cookies?

With Cheese I had to watch for air holes or defects in the packaging, with cookies you had to pull out any broken ones, and yes we got to eat the broken ones, which is nice and all, but didn't help me when I was 19 and looking for my place in the world.

And that weekend my place in the world was in Madison, eating mushrooms and watching The Ghost and the Darkness at the theater.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
Fox Mulder, F.B.I. wrote:
Drejk wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Well, the jig is finally up! But it wasn't my retired friend; it was a friend of my brother's who went through her own weight loss journey a couple of years ago, so I'm not surprised she noticed the moment she set eyes on me. But it was fun to listen to her gush. "How could anyone NOT have noticed? You're like a rail! I don't think you HAVE another 25 pounds to lose!"
She probably hadn't got the memo about conspiracy...
please, go on...
Nobody knows about that conspiracy...

So you like going around circles do ya, well I can last all night Poindexter.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Fox Mulder, F.B.I. wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Fox Mulder, F.B.I. wrote:
Drejk wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Well, the jig is finally up! But it wasn't my retired friend; it was a friend of my brother's who went through her own weight loss journey a couple of years ago, so I'm not surprised she noticed the moment she set eyes on me. But it was fun to listen to her gush. "How could anyone NOT have noticed? You're like a rail! I don't think you HAVE another 25 pounds to lose!"
She probably hadn't got the memo about conspiracy...
please, go on...
Nobody knows about that conspiracy...
So you like going around circles do ya, well I can last all night Poindexter.

There is no conspiracy. There is nothing unusual going on here. Now just move on.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Second submission for Wayfinder sent. There seems to be a lot of fiction, though.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Evil Overlord wrote:
Fox Mulder, F.B.I. wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Fox Mulder, F.B.I. wrote:
Drejk wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Well, the jig is finally up! But it wasn't my retired friend; it was a friend of my brother's who went through her own weight loss journey a couple of years ago, so I'm not surprised she noticed the moment she set eyes on me. But it was fun to listen to her gush. "How could anyone NOT have noticed? You're like a rail! I don't think you HAVE another 25 pounds to lose!"
She probably hadn't got the memo about conspiracy...
please, go on...
Nobody knows about that conspiracy...
So you like going around circles do ya, well I can last all night Poindexter.
There is no conspiracy. There is nothing unusual going on here. Now just move on.

No conspiracy whatsoever. Hey, watch me rearrange the functions of this guy's innards!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I like what you did with the pancreas, simply marvelous!

Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Bill, Brain Collector wrote:
I like what you did with the pancreas, simply marvelous!

That's what she said.

Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Alright folks, it's been real, but I got things to see, places to go, people to be! Remember: reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, byyyyyyyyyyyyye!!

*vanishes in a burst of light and a crack of thunder*


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Infernal Healer wrote:
Bill, Brain Collector wrote:
I like what you did with the pancreas, simply marvelous!
That's what she said.

Did she ever!


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

Happy new year Fawtlies! *blows novelty horn*


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

The Vikings are coming! The Vikings are coming!


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Pfft, it's still 2015 for most of a day yet. Silly non-USAians.

I'm now in Season 10 of Red vs Blue and ran into trouble in Episode... uh... 18?

Huh?:

Why did Tex go back to rescue Alpha Church, then just disappear?

And why did Maine/Meta throw Carolina off the cliff?


I thought I was following things so far, but that one baffled me.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

FaWtL Party, seizing control after society falls.

Of course the number one rule of seizing control after society falls, is not being in control when society falls, as such we shall wait until after The Great War/glistening teenage emotionally complex zombie apocalypse/super flu/alien attack concludes before picking up the pieces and leading humanity to a new beginning, with love, guns, and Twinkies for all!.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Does anyone else compulsively clean their house before the new year? I gotta have the fridge cleaned out, sheets changed, papers discarded or filed, house tidy, laundry done, etc.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I don't go that far, but yes I've been cleaning like mad the last couple days, tree is gone, game table set up, dishes are mostly done, kids room shall be clean before the morning is done.

But now that you mention it, the sheets could be changed...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

My mother...but she does this if it's getting close to a new day.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

No... I compulsively clean in the spring. Winter is for being messy.

Shadow Lodge

Treppa wrote:

I'm now in Season 10 of Red vs Blue and ran into trouble in Episode... uh... 18?

** spoiler omitted **
I thought I was following things so far, but that one baffled me.

Spoiler:
Tex discovered her true nature (she's another AI, Beta, built off the Director's memories of his girlfriend/wife/significant other Allison) and wanted to get Alpha out of the Director's hands.

This is really the point where Maine becomes The Meta. After stealing Carolina's AIs and Freelancer gear, he had no further need for Carolina herself and discarded her like trash.


Yeah but:

I got that she knew who she was ("let's just say we used to be together" had a dual meaning) and that Alpha didn't know because he sectioned off the memory of her to protect her first - hence her status as Beta. But why did she simply vanish? That's the second time. The first was when Church said "I forget you" and this is the second - when he's forgotten her. And I get why she'd want to rescue him. But why vanish at the end?

I missed Maine getting Carolina's AI's. They're implanted, right? How would he get them? And he tossed her off the cliff with her gear still on. Only her helmet was left.

I understand him wanting to get rid of her. She's proven to be a driven, vindictive b!**+. He wouldn't want THAT loose end around messing up his plans.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Treppa wrote:
Does anyone else compulsively clean their house before the new year? I gotta have the fridge cleaned out, sheets changed, papers discarded or filed, house tidy, laundry done, etc.

No. But now I'm thinking about all those things, knowing I'm not going to do any of them today, and feeling guilty*.

Edit: * But I was raised Catholic, so I'm always feeling guilty about something.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I just like the "out with the old, in with the new" idea, so I want to be shiny and clean to meet the new year. No cling-ons.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
I was raised Catholic, so I'm always feeling guilty about something.

I understand this even without being Catholic. I have a long twist-tie and a little piece of paper that I feel guilty about throwing away and feel guilty about keeping. What to do, what to do?


9 people marked this as a favorite.

Einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr, EveryFaWtL
(a good slide into the new year)


3 people marked this as a favorite.

and Rock on in Eternity, Lemmy \m/

damn, what a year:
Lemmy, Philthy Animal, Sir Terry, BB King, Leonard Nimoy, Sir Christopher, Dusty Rhodes, Rowdy Roddy and here in Germany our coolest Federal Chancelor ever: Helmut Schmidt, coaching legends of my favorite soccer club: Dettmar Cramer ("Champions League 75 and 76) and Udo Lattek (Champions aleague 74) and a hero of every German boys childhood: Pierre Briece who played in the 60s Winnetou, Chieftain of all Apaches

Shadow Lodge

Treppa wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:
Okay I think you're thinking of a different episode than 18, and I only vaguely recall the one you're speaking of. Tex's only appearance in 18 was during the flashback to Freelancer time. You'll have to tell me which episode she's reappearing in for me to tell you how/why, as I don't recall enough details to explain.

They don't actually show the physical removal of the component parts, but in earlier (later, timelinewise, since this is flashback) episodes they explained that The Meta was stealing Freelancer AIs and tools to add to himself. That's how he can use their tech tricks, such as Tex's invisibility or Wyoming's time manipulation. The two AIs that show up with Meta at the end of the episode after he tosses her - aside from the orange one Sigma, Maine's own AI - were Iota and Eta, Carolina's AIs.


Orthos:

Spoiler:
The ep I watched was the one where Tex finally reaches Alpha when she and York attack the Freelancer base. They have a brief, sad conversation in which he doesn't remember her. He says she has a funny name for a girl, she says he gave it to her, then that they were together for a while. She's there to rescue him, but he says he's too tired and just wants to rest. Then she fades away, only to reappear in time to see Meta/Maine toss Carolyn off the cliff.

I knew what Meta was doing and that Tex was being blamed for Maine's attack on Wyoming. Meta's driven by the AI's he acquires to "reunite" all of them; hence his collecting fetish. I just didn't see him take Carolina's AI. I thought hers were removed after the "Allison" incident.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Spoiler:
I just wanted to be part of the fun.

Shadow Lodge

Treppa wrote:

Orthos:

** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:
Ah. That's part of the Flashback, I think. I'm not sure, I admit that part of the episode was a bit bizarre and hard to follow.

No, her AIs weren't removed. They were going to, but we see the argument she's having with the Director and Counselor when they tell her they're going to remove them, then Tex breaks into the base and everyone gets active trying to stop or help her before they can put Carolina down for removal surgery.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Redbeard the Scruffy wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:
I can help with that! Just shake my hand!

Maybe we should find/start a Red vs Blue discussion thread?

:P


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Cap'n Yesterday, FaWtL Party wrote:

FaWtL Party, seizing control after society falls.

Of course the number one rule of seizing control after society falls, is not being in control when society falls, as such we shall wait until after The Great War/glistening teenage emotionally complex zombie apocalypse/super flu/alien attack concludes before picking up the pieces and leading humanity to a new beginning, with love, guns, and Twinkies for all!.

THIS THREAD IS NOW UNDER THE PROTECTION OF THE FAWTL ORDER

133,701 to 133,750 of 239,868 << first < prev | 2670 | 2671 | 2672 | 2673 | 2674 | 2675 | 2676 | 2677 | 2678 | 2679 | 2680 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.