Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

133,601 to 133,650 of 232,463 << first < prev | 2668 | 2669 | 2670 | 2671 | 2672 | 2673 | 2674 | 2675 | 2676 | 2677 | 2678 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

Personally, I'm set, all I gotta do is shave my face then bam! Off to women's prison for me, with nothing but pillow fights and sewing circles to look forward to.

That... that is what goes on at women's prisons, isn't it?

If the internet is to be believed, it STARTS as a pillow fight...

EDIT - ACK! No, that's not why I'm naked! I swear!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Must not kill coworker....must not kill...coworker....must not....kill coworker....

{As Freehold's Slaughter Caddy}

Sire, methinks that a spontoon would be most suitable if thou requirest reach; if thy foe cometh within three feet, tryeth the Number Three Falchion, or perhaps a basilard.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Does anyone want free were-rats? (three left)


3 people marked this as a favorite.

And we're done with Phase 2!

You might say, "Did you actually DO anything?", so I posted two pictures: One of the denuded walls, and one of the pile-o-crap that came out.

And let me tell you, ripping that much wood out when every piece is nailed in with 4-12 four-inch nails is NOT fun! My arms are SORE!

(Yes. Seriously. On each "main" shelf the supporting 2"x4" was held on with TWELVE four-inch nails. Guess he had a thing about sturdy shelving...)

EDIT: The good news is that much of the wall seems to be drywall rather than lath-and-plaster, so at least denuding it should be relatively easy. The only big problem will be my own obsessive-compulsiveness getting all the wiring UNDER drywall instead of on top of it. Whee?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Nyan Cat wrote:
Does anyone want free were-rats? (three left)

I'm down for wererats.

Must not infect coworker. Must not infect coworker...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

Personally, I'm set, all I gotta do is shave my face then bam! Off to women's prison for me, with nothing but pillow fights and sewing circles to look forward to.

That... that is what goes on at women's prisons, isn't it?

not according to chained heat, no.

Must not chain and cook coworker. Must..not..chain...and cook..coworker...

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
thegreenteagamer wrote:
Treppa wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Must not kill coworker....must not kill...coworker....must not....kill coworker....
Why not?
At this point, mostly fear of prison rape. That's what keeps me from breaking the law. Otherwise three square meals, a bed, no job, and plenty to read sounds heavenly.

If you're not a rat,a rapist, or a chester,and have a boxing game and a willingness to show it off, you really don't have to worry about that

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:

Speaking of PbPs:

Orthos, check out the "Ancient Evil" discussion thread.

Done and done!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

EDIT: The good news is that much of the wall seems to be drywall rather than lath-and-plaster, so at least denuding it should be relatively easy. The only big problem will be my own obsessive-compulsiveness getting all the wiring UNDER drywall instead of on top of it. Whee?

Re-using existing wire, or replacing it with new wire? If existing wire, is it the old-fashioned cloth-wrapped stuff?

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I personally don't murder anyone because I have a moral code. Fear of punishment really doesn't factor into it.

Now I know who not to hang out with if The Purge were ever to become reality.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
David M Mallon wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

EDIT: The good news is that much of the wall seems to be drywall rather than lath-and-plaster, so at least denuding it should be relatively easy. The only big problem will be my own obsessive-compulsiveness getting all the wiring UNDER drywall instead of on top of it. Whee?

Re-using existing wire, or replacing it with new wire? If existing wire, is it the old-fashioned cloth-wrapped stuff?

Nah, this is the steel-sheathed cables: Post-knob-and-tube, pre-Romex. As usual, every electrician who ever worked on the house just stapled more cables to the drywall. All I'm planning to do is remove the staples, remove the drywall, staple the cables to the studs, and then put 1"x2" slats around them to anchor the new drywall. Basically "extending" the studs by 1" everywhere except where the cables are.

I figure essentially shrinking the entire room by an inch on the sides and ceiling but hiding all the existing wiring is worth buying a couple hundred feet of 1"x2".

Unless you have a better idea as to how to hide it without replacing all of it... I COULD buy a roll of Romex, re-run, and re-drill, but... time and effort seems exhaustive.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Celestial Healer wrote:

I personally don't murder anyone because I have a moral code. Fear of punishment really doesn't factor into it.

Now I know who not to hang out with if The Purge were ever to become reality.

If you hang with me I'll set you up, people that can count ammunition will become as valuable as ammunition after the fall.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

EDIT: The good news is that much of the wall seems to be drywall rather than lath-and-plaster, so at least denuding it should be relatively easy. The only big problem will be my own obsessive-compulsiveness getting all the wiring UNDER drywall instead of on top of it. Whee?

Re-using existing wire, or replacing it with new wire? If existing wire, is it the old-fashioned cloth-wrapped stuff?

Nah, this is the steel-sheathed cables: Post-knob-and-tube, pre-Romex. As usual, every electrician who ever worked on the house just stapled more cables to the drywall. All I'm planning to do is remove the staples, remove the drywall, staple the cables to the studs, and then put 1"x2" slats around them to anchor the new drywall. Basically "extending" the studs by 1" everywhere except where the cables are.

I figure essentially shrinking the entire room by an inch on the sides and ceiling but hiding all the existing wiring is worth buying a couple hundred feet of 1"x2".

Unless you have a better idea as to how to hide it without replacing all of it... I COULD buy a roll of Romex, re-run, and re-drill, but... time and effort seems exhaustive.

Re-running a room through new holes is a huge pain in the ass. On the other hand, stapling the cables to the studs in the way you suggest runs the risk of someone running a nail or a screw through one of your wires down the road--1" or less between your drywall and the wire is a little too close for comfort. If you go that route, I'd suggest investing in some nail plates to put over the gaps where your wire goes between the blocking.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

Personally, I'm set, all I gotta do is shave my face then bam! Off to women's prison for me, with nothing but pillow fights and sewing circles to look forward to.

That... that is what goes on at women's prisons, isn't it?

not according to chained heat, no.

Must not chain and cook coworker. Must..not..chain...and cook..coworker...

Don't do it. Your coworker would taste terrible.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hey David. I hope that you are doing well today.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
David M Mallon wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

EDIT: The good news is that much of the wall seems to be drywall rather than lath-and-plaster, so at least denuding it should be relatively easy. The only big problem will be my own obsessive-compulsiveness getting all the wiring UNDER drywall instead of on top of it. Whee?

Re-using existing wire, or replacing it with new wire? If existing wire, is it the old-fashioned cloth-wrapped stuff?

Nah, this is the steel-sheathed cables: Post-knob-and-tube, pre-Romex. As usual, every electrician who ever worked on the house just stapled more cables to the drywall. All I'm planning to do is remove the staples, remove the drywall, staple the cables to the studs, and then put 1"x2" slats around them to anchor the new drywall. Basically "extending" the studs by 1" everywhere except where the cables are.

I figure essentially shrinking the entire room by an inch on the sides and ceiling but hiding all the existing wiring is worth buying a couple hundred feet of 1"x2".

Unless you have a better idea as to how to hide it without replacing all of it... I COULD buy a roll of Romex, re-run, and re-drill, but... time and effort seems exhaustive.

Re-running a room through new holes is a huge pain in the ass. On the other hand, stapling the cables to the studs in the way you suggest runs the risk of someone running a nail or a screw through one of your wires down the road--1" or less between your drywall and the wire is a little too close for comfort. If you go that route, I'd suggest investing in some nail plates to put over the gaps where your wire goes between the blocking.

Actually, after looking at your picture again, I noticed that there's a lot of aluminum MC run in the garage-- was that what you were talking about when you mentioned steel-sheathed cable (I was picturing the old-fashioned steel braided s!&+, hence my concern about screws and nails)? If so, I wouldn't worry too much about covering it with nail plates. Myself, I'd probably do it anyway, but I'm also paranoid.

Also, what are those thick gray lines running behind your data wire in the lower left-hand corner of the picture?


Anyone have any experience looking for a job in a city on the other side of the country?

Silver Crusade

David M Mallon wrote:
Anyone have any experience looking for a job in a city on the other side of the country?

It's rough. I have experience looking, but not finding.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
David M Mallon wrote:

Actually, after looking at your picture again, I noticed that there's a lot of aluminum MC run in the garage-- was that what you were talking about when you mentioned steel-sheathed cable (I was picturing the old-fashioned steel braided s@*%, hence my concern about screws and nails)? If so, I wouldn't worry too much about covering it with nail plates. Myself, I'd probably do it anyway, but I'm also paranoid.

Also, what are those thick gray lines running behind your data wire in the lower left-hand corner of the picture?

This is unbelievably helpful! I hadn't even thought of, "What happens after the house gets sold?" Nail plates it is...

I'm afraid the thick grey lines are PRECISELY the "steel braided s@*%", so nail plates for them as well.

There's some stuff (the circuit breaker and the aluminum MC in particular) that may just be too thick to hide (2"-3"), but we'll see tomorrow as I break it all down.

And good eye on the data wire -- most people see that blue tangle of madness and ask, "What the heck is that?"

Nobody hard-wires his entire house with CAT6 and a gigabit switch. Nobody!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

1) Plaster your resume all across that burg, which is easier than ever with the internet,
2) practice phone interviews (they suck),
3) go there, nothing beats face to face interaction and exploration, also do step one when you're there, I applied at 5 places a day every day I was in Seattle.

Curses! Ninja'd again! Typical.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
David M Mallon wrote:
Anyone have any experience looking for a job in a city on the other side of the country?

When I first got my Ph.D., teaching jobs were few and far between, so people told me, "Send out 200 resumes. Hope for 2 interviews."

And that was about the correct rate of return for me.

So I've never targeted a specific city, but I knew I wanted to stay west of the Rockies, so I checked every college's web site, went to the job boards, and spent dozens of hours custom-crafting cover letters for every. Single. School.

It was no fun at all, but it got me two interviews, and I got a job out of one of them. My hit rate for jobs seems to be exactly 50%. I always get two interviews. I always get one job.

Are you looking at a particular city? It helps immensely to know someone who's there already, because they can troll the local postings for you. Otherwise it's "spam early, spam often, spend a lot of time crafting your spam to make it sound like you hand-picked this company, and hope for a couple of interviews."

Whee.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

The nice thing about snow is, it makes night brighter, and everything is quieter, more still.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
David M Mallon wrote:
Anyone have any experience looking for a job in a city on the other side of the country?

I can check here in Savannah, but that is not the other side of the country.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

And I have 20 pounds of padding on, the only part of me visible are my eyes.

I don't get cold.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:

I personally don't murder anyone because I have a moral code. Fear of punishment really doesn't factor into it.

Now I know who not to hang out with if The Purge were ever to become reality.

I said non-violent!

You know, the kind of stuff that only harms insurance companies and people who are voluntarily harming themselves. Cat burglary of high end corporations, fraud, drug dealing, that kind of stuff.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
thegreenteagamer wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:

I personally don't murder anyone because I have a moral code. Fear of punishment really doesn't factor into it.

Now I know who not to hang out with if The Purge were ever to become reality.

I said non-violent!

You know, the kind of stuff that only harms insurance companies and people who are voluntarily harming themselves. Cat burglary of high end corporations, fraud, drug dealing, that kind of stuff.

Would you happen to be a Stainless Steel Rat fan? :)

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
thegreenteagamer wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:

I personally don't murder anyone because I have a moral code. Fear of punishment really doesn't factor into it.

Now I know who not to hang out with if The Purge were ever to become reality.

I said non-violent!

You know, the kind of stuff that only harms insurance companies and people who are voluntarily harming themselves. Cat burglary of high end corporations, fraud, drug dealing, that kind of stuff.

Ah. See, I was reading that as a reply to FHDM's post about wanting to kill his coworkers.

Although you really shouldn't do that other stuff either ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
thegreenteagamer wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:

I personally don't murder anyone because I have a moral code. Fear of punishment really doesn't factor into it.

Now I know who not to hang out with if The Purge were ever to become reality.

I said non-violent!

You know, the kind of stuff that only harms insurance companies and people who are voluntarily harming themselves. Cat burglary of high end corporations, fraud, drug dealing, that kind of stuff.

Ah. See, I was reading that as a reply to FHDM's post about wanting to kill his coworkers.

Although you really shouldn't do that other stuff either ;)

Well, I won't. On account of the prison rape. As I said.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
Anyone have any experience looking for a job in a city on the other side of the country?

When I first got my Ph.D., teaching jobs were few and far between, so people told me, "Send out 200 resumes. Hope for 2 interviews."

And that was about the correct rate of return for me.

So I've never targeted a specific city, but I knew I wanted to stay west of the Rockies, so I checked every college's web site, went to the job boards, and spent dozens of hours custom-crafting cover letters for every. Single. School.

It was no fun at all, but it got me two interviews, and I got a job out of one of them. My hit rate for jobs seems to be exactly 50%. I always get two interviews. I always get one job.

Are you looking at a particular city? It helps immensely to know someone who's there already, because they can troll the local postings for you. Otherwise it's "spam early, spam often, spend a lot of time crafting your spam to make it sound like you hand-picked this company, and hope for a couple of interviews."

Whee.

It depends on the job. People with specialized skills - PhD's, engineers, medical professionals - can typically do the long-distance thing more easily, because companies expect to recruit nationally for those positions. When I was moving to California once upon a time, I was applying for clerical jobs, and employers had plenty of qualified applicants locally, so they didn't give me the time of day. It's another obstacle, really.

That is not meant to discourage Dave, only to encourage the casting of a wide net.

Also, if you don't mind stretching the truth a little: I assume wherever you are moving you have a place to stay? Put that address on the resume. When you talk to the potential employer, tell them you wanted to put your new local address since you are in the process of moving there. You will get a lot farther that way than if your address is across the country (unless you have special skills as above).

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

This is my first playthrough of the Mass Effect series as full on renegade. I didn't realize only halfway into ME2 I would look like the terminator. It's cool though; I'm not building the med bay upgrade to fix it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
thegreenteagamer wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
thegreenteagamer wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:

I personally don't murder anyone because I have a moral code. Fear of punishment really doesn't factor into it.

Now I know who not to hang out with if The Purge were ever to become reality.

I said non-violent!

You know, the kind of stuff that only harms insurance companies and people who are voluntarily harming themselves. Cat burglary of high end corporations, fraud, drug dealing, that kind of stuff.

Ah. See, I was reading that as a reply to FHDM's post about wanting to kill his coworkers.

Although you really shouldn't do that other stuff either ;)

Well, I won't. On account of the prison rape. As I said.

But.. I already 'jacked a convertible! And bought Steely Dan! You can't return MP3 files damn it!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
LordSynos wrote:
Evening FaWtL. I hope everyone is well and has been having a wonderful festive season so far. Mine's been pretty darn good so far, friends, family, lots of gaming. May the good times roll on.

Dang it, LordSynos!

LordSynos wrote:

Did I mention that I love Xmas? Cause I bloody love Xmas! :D

** spoiler omitted **

DANG IT, LORD SYNOS!

Sharoth wrote:
LordSynos is entirely too generous. Note that I am not OBJECTING and will GLADLY accept ANY freebies. But that does not change that he is being too generous. THANK YOU LordSynos!!!

WHAT HE SAID! (Edit: although I am objecting just a tad: I want you to have good money now and later in life! But... not complaining too much, 'cause... dang... and I am also pleased and honored by your gift.)

That was entirely too much money to spend on us! THANK you! God bless you, your kidlet, and your family, sir! That... was amazing, and surprising!

(I just found it today, when I turned the computer on for the first time since our journey.)

;P

:D


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Nyan Cat wrote:
Does anyone want free were-rats? (three left)

If there are any left, I'll happily take one off of your hands.

:)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
This is my first playthrough of the Mass Effect series as full on renegade. I didn't realize only halfway into ME2 I would look like the terminator. It's cool though; I'm not building the med bay upgrade to fix it.

[initiating secret terminator handshake]

Author's note: case anyone forgot, I got the exoskeletons for my prop aliases from Arnold Schwarzenegger's garage sale to bail out California when he was governor. Tacticslion's has reverted back to it's terminator programming and has gone rouge.

At least, so I've said


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Oh, and I saw Star Wars last night.
In IMAX, and 3D

It was awesome,

That is all.


Freehold DM wrote:
beaming pure transformers 1 movie goodness into her general area

That was one of the best 2/3rds of a movie I've ever seen!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

You sure about that?


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

If you have not seen it yet Tacticslion, I highly recommend Mad Max, Fury Road.

The best movie I've seen this year (I haven't seen Star Wars yet but I'm very doubtful it'll be as good, tho I'm sure it'll be close).


captain yesterday wrote:
You sure about that?

Yeah! Up until the awesome trio of smart people just up and vanished it was great! I... I was so invested into their story...

EDIT: For clarity, I did say "best 2/3rds" not "best" so...


Drejk wrote:

Monster week is on!

Starting with shooting star wyrmling...

Looks like someone's been watching Record of Lodoss War!

I love that OVA, despite it's sudden turn into the "uuuhhhh..." as it was really cool when I was younger; it also got me interested in D&D! ... the show was kind of okay, too.

Drejk wrote:
Second day of monster week brings us... DIRE TOY!

Looks like someone's been watching the Chucky Movies!

I don't think I've ever seen one. I've seen the end of one, and the beginning of another one night when I had insomnia. They cured it!

captain yesterday wrote:

If you have not seen it yet Tacticslion, I highly recommend Mad Max, Fury Road.

The best movie I've seen this year (I haven't seen Star Wars yet but I'm very doubtful it'll be as good, tho I'm sure it'll be close).

I have not, and I've not had the ability to do so... and am unlikely to have the ability for some time, unfortunately. It's just... it's unlikely to happen.

(We've one-point-five seasons of The Awesomes, one season of Community, two seasons of Once, two Hunger Games sequels, Over the Garden Wall, Ant Man, and... dang it, I don't know what else, just sitting there, waiting to be watched. Not to mention attempting to find Mr. Holmes, The Martian, the latest season(s) of Sherlock and others...)

My wife is not a fan of such films, and any free time that isn't spent with my children, is spent with her, or playing Steam games.

I also suspect The Martian of being better than Episode 7, though I've not seen it, either, and perhaps even Inside Out (which I have seen, now, twice).

But there is something that those films all lack: Star Wars.

Heck, I'll even go on record as noting that Star Trek made me actually tear up i.e. "cry" more, and was probably "better" than The Force Awakens.

What Episode VII did is something that I almost thought impossible: it rekindled my love for a franchise that was hugely important to me throughout my formative years and into my adulthood.

It managed a feat that I cynically doubted... and so cynically doubted that it honestly took a second viewing before I was able to let go of my cynicism to deeply enjoy what I already knew I loved (and had enjoyed) from the first viewing.

There are flaws with the film... but I rank it equal, in film-making and my own personal love, to Episode 4.

Shockingly I like the new cast better than the old - and not just in this film, but in the franchise to date. Harrison Ford gave an excellent performance and was still not the actor/character I liked best in a film that he starred in, and I don't know how to feel about that. The films show a deep promise and end in a surprising and fascinating ways. The homages need to have previous knowledge to "get"... but if you don't understand them, they feel (to me) like all the ever-mysterious references to Luke's father in "the war" in A New Hope and similar (though there were some things that were a bit too opaque and not fleshed out enough to my thinking).

Frankly, it did everything right... it took a series that I loved, but had grown jaded and cynical about and it broke through my self-imposed barriers. I didn't want to get hurt by Star Wars again, and... it didn't do that.

For the record, though I submit that Empire was a better film, Jedi was always my favorite of the OT. It finished the saga, Luke (and his lightsaber) looked freakin' awesome, and it was over-all a great experience... that couldn't have worked without the first two films (and doesn't, if you try to take it as a story by itself).


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
And good eye on the data wire -- most people see that blue tangle of madness and ask, "What the heck is that?"

Oh, I've run tens of thousands of feet of that stuff. Maybe hundreds of thousands. You lose count after the 200th box or so.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sharoth wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
Anyone have any experience looking for a job in a city on the other side of the country?
I can check here in Savannah, but that is not the other side of the country.

It's the other side of the country if we're going north-south. It counts.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
Anyone have any experience looking for a job in a city on the other side of the country?

When I first got my Ph.D., teaching jobs were few and far between, so people told me, "Send out 200 resumes. Hope for 2 interviews."

And that was about the correct rate of return for me.

So I've never targeted a specific city, but I knew I wanted to stay west of the Rockies, so I checked every college's web site, went to the job boards, and spent dozens of hours custom-crafting cover letters for every. Single. School.

It was no fun at all, but it got me two interviews, and I got a job out of one of them. My hit rate for jobs seems to be exactly 50%. I always get two interviews. I always get one job.

Are you looking at a particular city? It helps immensely to know someone who's there already, because they can troll the local postings for you. Otherwise it's "spam early, spam often, spend a lot of time crafting your spam to make it sound like you hand-picked this company, and hope for a couple of interviews."

Whee.

I'm mainly looking for a job in my actual field (i.e. art & design), as opposed to the s$!&ty construction and warehouse jobs I've been working for the last 3 or 4 years. Moving back to Savannah is an option, as is checking out the Pacific Northwest.

My job-hunting experience has been somewhat less fruitful than yours has been. The last time I was in relatively dire straits was over last year-- the landscaping company I'd been working for went out of business right before spring season was about to start, and I spent close to six months sending out job applications. Out of 300-400 applications, I got two interviews, and the one I passed was for a seasonal job that didn't pay for s!~$. After that ended, I borrowed money and went to trade school, got my certificate, and still had trouble finding a job afterward.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
This is my first playthrough of the Mass Effect series as full on renegade. I didn't realize only halfway into ME2 I would look like the terminator. It's cool though; I'm not building the med bay upgrade to fix it.

I tried playing Renegade once. I really tried, too, but I still ended up with a full Paragon bar at the end of ME1. That's when I gave up.

Commander Shepard is too cool to be a jerk.


Yeah... I'm with you, Dave.

... though my Sith/Darkside and Evil/Blackguard/Assassin attempts at games pretty firmly end up on the light side/lawful good alignments, too...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:

Yeah... I'm with you, Dave.

... though my Sith/Darkside and Evil/Blackguard/Assassin attempts at games pretty firmly end up on the light side/lawful good alignments, too...

I've played evil (or at least evil-ish) characters more than a few times. For example. I just can't seem to make myself do it when my character is the hero of the story.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Quote:
For the record, though I submit that Empire was a better film, Jedi was always my favorite of the OT. It finished the saga, Luke (and his lightsaber) looked freakin' awesome, and it was over-all a great experience... that couldn't have worked without the first two films (and doesn't, if you try to take it as a story by itself)

Oh goodness I'm not alone!!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
David M Mallon wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
This is my first playthrough of the Mass Effect series as full on renegade. I didn't realize only halfway into ME2 I would look like the terminator. It's cool though; I'm not building the med bay upgrade to fix it.

I tried playing Renegade once. I really tried, too, but I still ended up with a full Paragon bar at the end of ME1. That's when I gave up.

Commander Shepard is too cool to be a jerk.

It's not really my thing either, but it's opening up all sorts of options that I wouldn't have experienced otherwise. FHDM couldn't believe how many NPCs I had killed off.

ME1 Noveria was especially outrageous if you take the renegade options.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
This is my first playthrough of the Mass Effect series as full on renegade. I didn't realize only halfway into ME2 I would look like the terminator. It's cool though; I'm not building the med bay upgrade to fix it.

I tried playing Renegade once. I really tried, too, but I still ended up with a full Paragon bar at the end of ME1. That's when I gave up.

Commander Shepard is too cool to be a jerk.

It's not really my thing either, but it's opening up all sorts of options that I wouldn't have experienced otherwise. FHDM couldn't believe how many NPCs I had killed off.

ME1 Noveria was especially outrageous if you take the renegade options.

Speaking of Noveria, there's an exploit you can use in the mission where you get the garage pass in which you can get infinite Paragon and Renegade points.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Of course, you shouldn't try for both. Because only losers drink Paragade.

Brought to you by the makers of Tupari Sports Drink.

133,601 to 133,650 of 232,463 << first < prev | 2668 | 2669 | 2670 | 2671 | 2672 | 2673 | 2674 | 2675 | 2676 | 2677 | 2678 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.