Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

131,301 to 131,350 of 234,008 << first < prev | 2622 | 2623 | 2624 | 2625 | 2626 | 2627 | 2628 | 2629 | 2630 | 2631 | 2632 | next > last >>

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Nakedness. Nakedness never changes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

My avatar does though, you do realize this is my Office Space job, you win nothing!

Silver Crusade

7 people marked this as a favorite.
Delayed Blast Threadlock wrote:
havoc xiii wrote:
thegreenteagamer wrote:
He makes a good point. I'm in Jacksonville. If you judged all of Florida by Tallahassee and Jacksonville, you might end up thinking Florida was actually culturally similar to the rest of the south, when really, most of this state is an amalgamation of North Cuba, New York exiles (who won't shut the f*** up about how awesome NY is, but apparently it's not so wonderful that they won't leave that place and never return), and so much of the elderly. Seriously, in South Florida, if you say the word "y'all" people look at you with the same "what is this guy, retarded?" face as they do in, say, New Jersey.
This is very much true.

Yep.

Especially the now-bolded part. I've never been to New York, but I've lived in Florida long enough to have met literally thousands of people from New York, and never a single one who wasn't an @sshole.

That's because we send all the a%!+&!@s to Florida.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

*yawn* Copy+Paste+Click.

Oh, my. I'm actually starting to grow bored of this.

I'll strike when you least expect it, captain. Perhaps in a thread even you don't pop your head in.

I may claim to want to join a PBP even. You'll never catch me there!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Bro! Dude!

You won a sheet cake, freshly frosted.


Bro, no one tops a sheet cake, except me.

But not right away, gotta keep that S#~@ classy, yo.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I've now spent 20 minutes pushing my cart of re-shop around the store without putting anything away.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I deleted my last post because it was unnecessarily mean.

Don't mind me. I'm grumpy. I'm suffering a rather persistent infection, I'm tired, I have to go back home tomorrow and work the day after, and I'm bored.

So new topic. Anyone got good news?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

The kids are spending the night at the grandparents, sadly I'm stuck at work until midnight.

It's really boring, no toy store should be open until midnight, but whatever, also I got a good way into Fallout New Vegas (for me) and I'm itching to rampage.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
thegreenteagamer wrote:
He makes a good point. I'm in Jacksonville. If you judged all of Florida by Tallahassee and Jacksonville, you might end up thinking Florida was actually culturally similar to the rest of the south, when really, most of this state is an amalgamation of North Cuba, New York exiles (who won't shut the f*** up about how awesome NY is, but apparently it's not so wonderful that they won't leave that place and never return), and so much of the elderly. Seriously, in South Florida, if you say the word "y'all" people look at you with the same "what is this guy, retarded?" face as they do in, say, New Jersey.

hmm.

Interesting.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
In Wisconsin we say "Oh, yah" and "You betcha" and if you want even more hilarity have someone from Wisconsin say "Oregon"

very interesting.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
Delayed Blast Threadlock wrote:
havoc xiii wrote:
thegreenteagamer wrote:
He makes a good point. I'm in Jacksonville. If you judged all of Florida by Tallahassee and Jacksonville, you might end up thinking Florida was actually culturally similar to the rest of the south, when really, most of this state is an amalgamation of North Cuba, New York exiles (who won't shut the f*** up about how awesome NY is, but apparently it's not so wonderful that they won't leave that place and never return), and so much of the elderly. Seriously, in South Florida, if you say the word "y'all" people look at you with the same "what is this guy, retarded?" face as they do in, say, New Jersey.
This is very much true.

Yep.

Especially the now-bolded part. I've never been to New York, but I've lived in Florida long enough to have met literally thousands of people from New York, and never a single one who wasn't an @sshole.

That's because we send all the a$$&&%#s to Florida.

indeed.

I apologize to you and Amby for this imposition.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Meanwhile, here I am, sitting in California. Talk about your lesser states all you wish: You will never compare to the majesty that is California! NEVER!!!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Colorado.

* mic drop*


2 people marked this as a favorite.
mourge40k wrote:
Meanwhile, here I am, sitting in California. Talk about your lesser states all you wish: You will never compare to the majesty that is California! NEVER!!!

Back in your cage, peasant!


Treppa has it. Legal weed wins. Stuff your script cards.

I don't even smoke anymore and even I can recognize that one.


Treppa wrote:

Colorado.

* mic drop*

I used to live there. Never again.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

We have Cows, and all that comes out of and from Cows, if you're lucky you'll be a champion Cow Chip (s~%~) Thrower and be the toast of the Friday night fish fry.

If you're really lucky, you'll score a date with Miss Dairyland.


More that it's beautiful. Legalize weed everywhere else and I'd still be inclined to live here.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
mourge40k wrote:
Meanwhile, here I am, sitting in California. Talk about your lesser states all you wish: You will never compare to the majesty that is California! NEVER!!!

Yeaaaaaah, born and raised Texan, though currently residing in Georgia.

I have heard enough about California from enough people, including the people very happily living there, to know I never want to live there.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

He have "It's November 28 at 10:30 p.m. and it's 70 degrees outside, b****es!"

*mic drops so hard it cracks the foundation*


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Too bad it's a hot mess.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Mind you, Florida is where lonely Devils go when they miss Hell from May through September.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Everywhere is some kind of mess. As much as I hate the humidity, I'll take it over the cold. Below 40 f***ing HURTS!

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Green Tea Gamer wrote:
Everywhere is some kind of mess. As much as I hate the humidity, I'll take it over the cold. Below 40 f***ing HURTS!

Amen to that!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It's 20F here, a bit on the tepid side.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Only if you don't wear 6+ layers, I'm almost never cold when I go outside.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yeah we're gonna hit 36 tomorrow, I'll probably wear shorts.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

*shudders*

I put my peacoat on when it gets below 70.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It was 70 here, once.

Can't say I remember it, I bet it was magical.

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Yeah below 70 is jacket weather, below 50 is heavy jacket weather.


7 people marked this as a favorite.
Ye Olde Timey Captain Yesterday wrote:

It was 70 here, once.

Can't say I remember it, I bet it was magical.

Oh, I remember that day. It was a Tuesday in August, of course Augustus Caesar having not yet taken control of the Roman Empire and it having been the country now called America, we called it Sitting Bull day, because I don't know that many Native American leaders, and so I'll have to settle for an anachronism in order for this story to work. We had just taken the land back from the Dire Wolves, who had in the previous year hunted down all of our Mastodons, and of course had speed on their side in addition to strength. I had gathered all the dog hunters, and I'm gonna be honest with you if you're still following me at this point in the story, I really can't tell you where I'm going with this joke, but I'm gonna try and press on because it's par for the course with this alias to make a long, rambling story that doesn't really go anywhere, in a sort of a Grampa Simpsons spoof, which, if I recall correctly, is occasionally sprinkled with jokes from Professor Farnsworth of Futurama and Stan's grandfather in South Park. I got the idea originally when I used to say, without an alias of course, because this was before I started using aliases for jokes a long time ago, you see, and I would say things like "Well back in my day, elf was a class, and we liked it!" I did this to ridicule old grognards for their pathetic reminiscence of editions that without the rose colored glasses of nostalgia aren't as good as they think they are. Well, one day someone made a reply about goblin kids skateboarding on my lawn, and I went with a full blown story reply in this fashion, and later, at some point in which I forget, because my memory is hazy, and I don't actually remember most of the things I'm saying in this story, I copied and pasted that story under this alias. It was popular at the time, and this was nice, because I had not yet made the name I apparently have of late, and it encouraged me to continue with these stories. And so I continued. And now, here I am, and I'm pretty sure this isn't funny, and hasn't been for a while, but you see, true old grognards aren't actually trying to be funny...or even fun, frankly, because they're too concerned with being hipster originals talking about how deadly the old days were and apparently how they sadomaschistically enjoyed that. Now, sadomasochism is an interesting subject, upon which I could talk for a while, if I had the inclination....which I do....but I won't for the sake of your sanity, and the thought of you picturing a man who looks like this alias portrays in a leather gimp suit with a ball gag in his mouth telling stories about how back in his day the leather was tighter, and the whips cracked louder, and how pegging just isn't what it used to be.

...and I think I've ruined this alias for everyone, myself included.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Well. That happened.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I do apologize for that one, Orthos. I almost specifically thought I'd annoy you with the kink involved, but I had already gotten so far into the paragraph, and figured...meh...push on.

Truly, my randomness lends itself well here, but my ADHD will have me ignoring this for another 47 pages when I get bored of it.

But I'll be back. I'll always be back.

...

...

Until the day I'm not.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
thegreenteagamer wrote:

I deleted my last post because it was unnecessarily mean.

Don't mind me. I'm grumpy. I'm suffering a rather persistent infection, I'm tired, I have to go back home tomorrow and work the day after, and I'm bored.

So new topic. Anyone got good news?

I hope you feel better soon.

I just dinged level 54 on my Fallout 4 character. ~sighs~ I need a life. Or to be more accurate, I need to get back to my life. ~picks up the controller and forgets what I just said~

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Nah I'm fine, no apologies necessary =)

It's more that even my most random character doesn't have a response for all of that.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
mourge40k wrote:
Meanwhile, here I am, sitting in California. Talk about your lesser states all you wish: You will never compare to the majesty that is California! NEVER!!!

Yeaaaaaah, born and raised Texan, though currently residing in Georgia.

I have heard enough about California from enough people, including the people very happily living there, to know I never want to live there.

I would not voluntarily move to either state. Too much legal and social crap to deal with for being trans, and I'm not sure I'd ever truly feel safe.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cantankerous Old Grognard wrote:
Ye Olde Timey Captain Yesterday wrote:

It was 70 here, once.

Can't say I remember it, I bet it was magical.

Oh, I remember that day. It was a Tuesday in August, of course Augustus Caesar having not yet taken control of the Roman Empire and it having been the country now called America, we called it Sitting Bull day, because I don't know that many Native American leaders, and so I'll have to settle for an anachronism in order for this story to work. We had just taken the land back from the Dire Wolves, who had in the previous year hunted down all of our Mastodons, and of course had speed on their side in addition to strength. I had gathered all the dog hunters, and I'm gonna be honest with you if you're still following me at this point in the story, I really can't tell you where I'm going with this joke, but I'm gonna try and press on because it's par for the course with this alias to make a long, rambling story that doesn't really go anywhere, in a sort of a Grampa Simpsons spoof, which, if I recall correctly, is occasionally sprinkled with jokes from Professor Farnsworth of Futurama and Stan's grandfather in South Park. I got the idea originally when I used to say, without an alias of course, because this was before I started using aliases for jokes a long time ago, you see, and I would say things like "Well back in my day, elf was a class, and we liked it!" I did this to ridicule old grognards for their pathetic reminiscence of editions that without the rose colored glasses of nostalgia aren't as good as they think they are. Well, one day someone made a reply about goblin kids skateboarding on my lawn, and I went with a full blown story reply in this fashion, and later, at some point in which I forget, because my memory is hazy, and I don't actually remember most of the things I'm saying in this story, I copied and pasted that story under this alias. It was popular at the time, and this was nice, because I had not yet made the name I apparently have of late, and it encouraged me to...

Blah blah blah. Lemme tell you, young whippersnapper, in my day kids were respectful to their elders and did not blather at them, so get offa my lawn!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Cantankerous Old Grognard wrote:
Ye Olde Timey Captain Yesterday wrote:

It was 70 here, once.

Can't say I remember it, I bet it was magical.

Wrong! All wrong!

Dangnabbit, you're remembering it wrong!

Why I remember it like it was 1968, except it wasn't, it was 1874, Custard had just been defeated, it was a warm fall, I remember that, because I was wearing a sundress, which was the style of the time, except then we called them ballsy switches, which was the style of the time. So there I was trapped behind enemy lines, with no choice but to pull up my dollies, which was the style of the time and haul my cow to Woodstock, which is where the young people were hanging out, and I says, I says "Buddy, this ain't the 1980s" which was the style of the time "you can't just leave your car my damned lawn".

Anyway, where did I get this hammer you ask, funny you should mention it, the year was 1943....


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Cantankerous Old Grognard wrote:
Ye Olde Timey Captain Yesterday wrote:

It was 70 here, once.

Can't say I remember it, I bet it was magical.

Oh, I remember that day. It was a Tuesday in August, of course Augustus Caesar having not yet taken control of the Roman Empire and it having been the country now called America, we called it Sitting Bull day, because I don't know that many Native American leaders, and so I'll have to settle for an anachronism in order for this story to work. We had just taken the land back from the Dire Wolves, who had in the previous year hunted down all of our Mastodons, and of course had speed on their side in addition to strength. I had gathered all the dog hunters, and I'm gonna be honest with you if you're still following me at this point in the story, I really can't tell you where I'm going with this joke, but I'm gonna try and press on because it's par for the course with this alias to make a long, rambling story that doesn't really go anywhere, in a sort of a Grampa Simpsons spoof, which, if I recall correctly, is occasionally sprinkled with jokes from Professor Farnsworth of Futurama and Stan's grandfather in South Park. I got the idea originally when I used to say, without an alias of course, because this was before I started using aliases for jokes a long time ago, you see, and I would say things like "Well back in my day, elf was a class, and we liked it!" I did this to ridicule old grognards for their pathetic reminiscence of editions that without the rose colored glasses of nostalgia aren't as good as they think they are. Well, one day someone made a reply about goblin kids skateboarding on my lawn, and I went with a full blown story reply in this fashion, and later, at some point in which I forget, because my memory is hazy, and I don't actually remember most of the things I'm saying in this story, I copied and pasted that story under this alias. It was popular at the time, and this was nice, because I had not yet made the name I apparently have of late, and it encouraged me to...

But... did you tie an onion to your belt?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cantankerous Old Grognard wrote:
they're too concerned with being hipster originals

I've come to just view "hipster" as the currently trendy word to disdainfully (and elitist-ful-ly*) describe anyone who has an elitist view... which is popular.

It's kind of a weird, "I'm totes cool, and you're not." followed by, "That's not cool, but I'm cool for calling you out." followed by, "That's not cool, but I'm cool for calling you out." followed by, "That's not cool, but I'm cool for calling you out." followed by, "That's not cool, but I'm cool for calling you out." ... and so on.

More or less a vicious cycle of people feeling better than others for liking things others don't for <arbitrary reason> (which often boils down to personal taste) which is pretty much exactly what every other elitism-thing is. It's just that this one gets a fancy name and a special kind of focused disdain... from elitist anti-hipsters.

... which are kind of being hipster.

Culture is weeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd.

(I love it. And people!)

* Okay, the spelling really got away from me on that one.


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Delayed Blast Threadlock wrote:
havoc xiii wrote:
thegreenteagamer wrote:
He makes a good point. I'm in Jacksonville. If you judged all of Florida by Tallahassee and Jacksonville, you might end up thinking Florida was actually culturally similar to the rest of the south, when really, most of this state is an amalgamation of North Cuba, New York exiles (who won't shut the f*** up about how awesome NY is, but apparently it's not so wonderful that they won't leave that place and never return), and so much of the elderly. Seriously, in South Florida, if you say the word "y'all" people look at you with the same "what is this guy, retarded?" face as they do in, say, New Jersey.
This is very much true.

Yep.

Especially the now-bolded part. I've never been to New York, but I've lived in Florida long enough to have met literally thousands of people from New York, and never a single one who wasn't an @sshole.

That's because we send all the a$$&&%#s to Florida.

indeed.

I apologize to you and Amby for this imposition.

Wait, Florida is the penal colony... the Australia, of the U.S.? Augh, the state is even shaped penally!!!

My dad was from Ohio by way of West Virginia (seriously, wut?!) and mom was from Arkansas... I'm thinking they musta been been a**holes too and were kicked out! I knew there was a reason I was always surrounded by a**holes!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
lunacy

Hurry up coffee, brew faster!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Delayed Blast Threadlock wrote:
havoc xiii wrote:
thegreenteagamer wrote:
He makes a good point. I'm in Jacksonville. If you judged all of Florida by Tallahassee and Jacksonville, you might end up thinking Florida was actually culturally similar to the rest of the south, when really, most of this state is an amalgamation of North Cuba, New York exiles (who won't shut the f*** up about how awesome NY is, but apparently it's not so wonderful that they won't leave that place and never return), and so much of the elderly. Seriously, in South Florida, if you say the word "y'all" people look at you with the same "what is this guy, retarded?" face as they do in, say, New Jersey.
This is very much true.

Yep.

Especially the now-bolded part. I've never been to New York, but I've lived in Florida long enough to have met literally thousands of people from New York, and never a single one who wasn't an @sshole.

That's because we send all the a$$&&%#s to Florida.

indeed.

I apologize to you and Amby for this imposition.

Wait, Florida is the penal colony... the Australia, of the U.S.? Augh, the state is even shaped penally!!!

My dad was from Ohio by way of West Virginia (seriously, wut?!) and mom was from Arkansas... I'm thinking they musta been been a**holes too and were kicked out! I knew there was a reason I was always surrounded by a**holes!

Wait, am I an a**hole, carefully designed through decades, centuries even, of Mendel-ian and Belyaev-ian breeding? Could I be the long prophesied Kwisatz Haderass?!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
more lunacy

Ugh. See what I have to put up with? WHY ISNT THE COFFEE DONNNNNNNE!!!!!!!!!


5 people marked this as a favorite.

This is good stuff. I'm writin' this all down for posteriority.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

So, posteriors for posteriority.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Scanning...scanning...

System Overload! Automated troll detector has encountered a system error. Would you like to file a report?

ERROR 402: TOO MANY TROLLS PRESENT. PLEASE STAND ON SCALE ONE AT A TIME.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Clearly we need to build a better scale.

131,301 to 131,350 of 234,008 << first < prev | 2622 | 2623 | 2624 | 2625 | 2626 | 2627 | 2628 | 2629 | 2630 | 2631 | 2632 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.