Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

131,001 to 131,050 of 238,513 << first < prev | 2616 | 2617 | 2618 | 2619 | 2620 | 2621 | 2622 | 2623 | 2624 | 2625 | 2626 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:
Surely scythes are designed for cutting grass?
Using it to cut regular grass requires real skill, agility, and strength/endurance.

I don't doubt it. Still, at least they're quiet (and look cool) :)

I know at least one person who has one in lieu of a lawnmower, so I'll have to ask him how it's working out...

Working out is the key part here.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I might work out to be more presentable while naked...

Ok, who I am kidding, I hate working out. It makes me feel dizzy and makes my skin itch.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
lynora wrote:
Sounds awesome to me. A little smaller than my ideal (900 sq ft is my idea of perfect, but only because we like to have 3 bedrooms...

Those must be some microscopic bedrooms.

Our house is listed on Zillow as 2 bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms, 1388 square feet. I think that's a ludicrous overestimate, considering the footprint of the house is [(22'x17') + (25'x28')] = 1074 sq. feet, rounding up to the next foot on every measurement and including all the walls, closets, etc.

And while we have a very nice large living room, dining room, and kitchen (we believe in social areas), the bedrooms are teensy and the bathroom is pathetic.

I'm guessing you'd need a "real" 1300 square feet to have 3 bedrooms. And maybe that would earn you a decent bathroom.

Not really. As long as you find a place with a small living room and kitchen and only one bath, you can still get decent sized bedrooms. Big enough to put a bed in anyway, and that's really my standard. I had a bedroom the size of a walk in closet when I was growing up, so it's warped my sense of what a decent size room is. :)

As long as you don't mind not having entertaining space then there are lots of houses and apartments like that around here. And I don't mind no entertaining space, cause introvert. (Ain't no party like an introvert party, cause an introvert party don't start.). :P
And in a big fit of irony, I swear we only ever have guests when we are living in a small house with very little room for them to do things like sit down. Because apparently friends are like cats who only want to go where they are inconvenient. ;)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
lynora wrote:
Sounds awesome to me. A little smaller than my ideal (900 sq ft is my idea of perfect, but only because we like to have 3 bedrooms...

Those must be some microscopic bedrooms.

Our house is listed on Zillow as 2 bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms, 1388 square feet. I think that's a ludicrous overestimate, considering the footprint of the house is [(22'x17') + (25'x28')] = 1074 sq. feet, rounding up to the next foot on every measurement and including all the walls, closets, etc.

And while we have a very nice large living room, dining room, and kitchen (we believe in social areas), the bedrooms are teensy and the bathroom is pathetic.

I'm guessing you'd need a "real" 1300 square feet to have 3 bedrooms. And maybe that would earn you a decent bathroom.

Not really. As long as you find a place with a small living room and kitchen and only one bath, you can still get decent sized bedrooms. Big enough to put a bed in anyway, and that's really my standard. I had a bedroom the size of a walk in closet when I was growing up, so it's warped my sense of what a decent size room is. :)

As long as you don't mind not having entertaining space then there are lots of houses and apartments like that around here. And I don't mind no entertaining space, cause introvert. (Ain't no party like an introvert party, cause an introvert party don't start.). :P
And in a big fit of irony, I swear we only ever have guests when we are living in a small house with very little room for them to do things like sit down. Because apparently friends are like cats who only want to go where they are inconvenient. ;)

Ah, makes sense. Over half our square footage is dedicated to just the LR, DR, and kitchen. Cut those down and there would be tons of space. And our bedroom does fit a king-sized bed with perhaps 2.5 feet on either side, so it would be "luxurious" by those standards... :-P


7 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:
Get a scythe! Then you can pretend to be Nerull at the same time!
That's not good for cutting grass unfortunately.

.

Step 1: Get some goats to eat the grass.
Step 2: Get some trees or playground equipment for the goats to climb.
Step 3: Eventually upgrade goats to spider goats (Bonus: May gain spider goat superpowers from bite).
Step 4: Become known in neighborhood as "crazy cat (spider) goat lady."
Step 5: Inconsiderate people who make surprise pop-in visits stop coming around.
Step 6: Dispatch spider goat army across the town

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Two bedrooms, 700 square feet I think, has a nice yard, we're on a major bus route and bike path that goes right downtown, walking distance to food, work, school, booze (not that we're big drinkers, it's nice to have the option)and a shopping district with a farmer's market in the spring, summer and fall.

Sounds like a nice area and I have heard that "Mad-Town" is a cool place to live.I helped a friend of mine build a tiny house for his now ex-girlfiend. This thing was on a trailer and was like 200 or so sq. ft. I don't think I could do that.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Mad-Town is very nice, it has it's issues, but every city does, and unlike the rest of the state, is capable of occasionally changing or even do the right thing, I actually would not recommend living anywhere else in Wisconsin, unless it's close to Madison. Mount Horeb for instance, is a charming Troll filled town (literally, carved wooden trolls are hidden everywhere in town)


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Situation Normal: 'dat porygon... O.O


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:
Surely scythes are designed for cutting grass?
Using it to cut regular grass requires real skill, agility, and strength/endurance.

I don't doubt it. Still, at least they're quiet (and look cool) :)

I know at least one person who has one in lieu of a lawnmower, so I'll have to ask him how it's working out...

Working out is the key part here.

He's one of our longsword instructors at HEMA. That probably has quite a lot to do with it...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

And a very deep fillerstufflickal question for everybody:

Headless zombies in Oblivion. They haven't any eyes, ears or a nose, so they can't see, hear or smell; they don't have flipping whiskers; so how do they know you're there?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:

And a very deep fillerstufflickal question for everybody:

Headless zombies in Oblivion. They haven't any eyes, ears or a nose, so they can't see, hear or smell; they don't have flipping whiskers; so how do they know you're there?

Some kind of tremorsense?

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

That's what I'd bet on. Either that or a Lifesense ability - they're inherently drawn toward sources of living, non-undead energy.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
Man I love thanksgiving, my bird got sunk in brine this am. Friday is the official decorate the house day, hooray for tangled up christmas lights. Saturday is get the tree and decorate it day

I was worried about your poor bird for a bit there.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Xenthya, Nuzlocke Trainer wrote:
Situation Normal

Mortar and Pestle

Time to trim the pyramid again =)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Xenthya, Nuzlocke Trainer wrote:
Xenthya, Nuzlocke Trainer wrote:
Situation Normal

Mortar and Pestle

Time to trim the pyramid again =)

noooooo I want the pyramid!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

GMail just gave me the option to choose the Light Side or the Dark Side for my Google experience. F~+# that Sith b*&%$%$#. Jedi all the way. Now the volume button on YouTube makes a lightsaber noise, among other wondrous things. I hope I can keep it forever.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Despite parents who never let me in the kitchen because they didn't trust me, I apparently can cook. Take chicken drumsticks. Can get two pounds for three dollars at Trader Joe's. Let sit in soy sauce for about 30 minutes. Rub with salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Cook in teflon pan over medium heat with no oil, covered with a lid. Turn halfway through. Comes out amazing.

I think the smoked paprika is the important part.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
David M Mallon wrote:
GMail just gave me the option to choose the Light Side or the Dark Side for my Google experience. F$@& that Sith b$+$*&~~. Jedi all the way. Now the volume button on YouTube makes a lightsaber noise, among other wondrous things. I hope I can keep it forever.

FOR THE ONE SITH

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
David M Mallon wrote:
GMail just gave me the option to choose the Light Side or the Dark Side for my Google experience. F@%! that Sith b@@@#@&@. Jedi all the way. Now the volume button on YouTube makes a lightsaber noise, among other wondrous things. I hope I can keep it forever.

Join the Dark Side! We have cookies!

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Darth Draconis wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
GMail just gave me the option to choose the Light Side or the Dark Side for my Google experience. F@%! that Sith b@@@#@&@. Jedi all the way. Now the volume button on YouTube makes a lightsaber noise, among other wondrous things. I hope I can keep it forever.
Join the Dark Side! We have cookies!

Light Side, Dark Side, both are incomplete. Grey force forever.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

That turned out so well for Dooku.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I woke up (after helping some sort of police force fight vampires as their friendly vampire or something for the first half of night* and then trying to get through repaired building while avoiding colossi guarding it), found that money for the project I worked on earlier came into my PayPal... And then found that Witcher 3 is on sale... 50% off. Now trying GOG Galaxy client because downloading 37 GB split into multiple 3.9 GB files is too much. I will be going out in 20 minutes anyway so I would have to do it when I return from session in the night.

Silver Crusade

Morning, all. What did I miss?

Silver Crusade

6 people marked this as a favorite.

I send out a big thank you to the badger, the group and I had a great time in your mod.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Got a busy day of fighting off a!@&$##s at the 24 hour grocery store (i assume the usual crowd of surly old people will be overrun by the a!@%&@~s that arrive individually in giant SUVs, after that it's a concerted effort to locate Fallout New Vegas, and then probably work, depending on how burned out the General is and if she needs me on the home front, not like it's going to be busy anyway, what with everyone resting up for tomorrow's bloodbath.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Darth Draconis wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
GMail just gave me the option to choose the Light Side or the Dark Side for my Google experience. F@%! that Sith b@@@#@&@. Jedi all the way. Now the volume button on YouTube makes a lightsaber noise, among other wondrous things. I hope I can keep it forever.
Join the Dark Side! We have cookies!

We also have a better gym

My favorite part of that clip, Yoda is Archer. :-)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

You know your manager knows you far too well when she texts you at 6:30 am on your day off and you respond immediately because you've already been up for 2 hours.

Yeah, I'm a morning person. What are you going to do?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I was already up and at a friends house looking at a busted up wall (outside, hit by a plow, not too bad) by 6 this morning :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Weather wise things look pretty sweet for the next week, our lowest high is 36 on Friday, Thanksgiving is a very Seattle like 47 with rain and fog.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
Darth Draconis wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
GMail just gave me the option to choose the Light Side or the Dark Side for my Google experience. F@%! that Sith b@@@#@&@. Jedi all the way. Now the volume button on YouTube makes a lightsaber noise, among other wondrous things. I hope I can keep it forever.
Join the Dark Side! We have cookies!
Light Side, Dark Side, both are incomplete. Grey force forever.

Reminds me of my light side Sith in SW:tOR.

"Are you trying to redeem the dark side?"
"No, I am expressing love and compassion. Things they tell you not to do in the Jedi order."

"Only Sith can be heroes"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Even despite changing my schedule for today, it's still 7 GBs to download and I have to leave in moments to be on time to the session.

Ah, well, I'll see if it runs at all on my laptop when I come back.

*sigh*


5 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

You know your manager knows you far too well when she texts you at 6:30 am on your day off and you respond immediately because you've already been up for 2 hours.

Yeah, I'm a morning person. What are you going to do?

~wards off the morning person, then flees to my bedroom, locks the door, and hides under the bed~ Go away! You might be contagious.

~grins~


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Weather wise things look pretty sweet for the next week, our lowest high is 36 on Friday, Thanksgiving is a very Seattle like 47 with rain and fog.

Wow! It's 38 outside right now for us. Of course, it'll get up to the high 50's when the sun figures out it's supposed to come up...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sharoth wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

You know your manager knows you far too well when she texts you at 6:30 am on your day off and you respond immediately because you've already been up for 2 hours.

Yeah, I'm a morning person. What are you going to do?

~wards off the morning person, then flees to my bedroom, locks the door, and hides under the bed~ Go away! You might be contagious.

~grins~

Does the Dragon need his coffee, c'mon! Join us! The cinnamon rolls are fresh (I know because I made them)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
NobodysHome wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Weather wise things look pretty sweet for the next week, our lowest high is 36 on Friday, Thanksgiving is a very Seattle like 47 with rain and fog.
Wow! It's 38 outside right now for us. Of course, it'll get up to the high 50's when the sun figures out it's supposed to come up...

ha! We're warmer right now then you, by two or three degrees, but considering its been around 25-32 (and windy, which drops the windchill temp around 10-20 degrees) for a week straight, 41 degrees feels absolutely tropical, I'm even wearing shorts right now. :-)

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Half Day at work today = Done at 11am


Mortar and Pestle: So, uh, do you want some "hindsight is 20/20" advice that might not really be that great anyway (since you did just fine), or no? Otherwise: things seem pretty straightforward!

If you care:
You could have used the EXP Share function to level up Ozai against opponents who weren't good for him.

Also, if I may, I'm starting to get nervous. Things have been going relatively smoothely, but things like running low on Ancient Power, and similar things raise my hackles a bit for a Nuzlocke. I kiiiiiiiiiiinda want you to level up some of your bench warmers a bit. But that could just be my creeping paranoia talking (and might not be fun for you). :D

Of course, there's always going somewhere when you know a given pokemon will super-dominate, but bring a host of low-level rubes, and use the Exp Share with everyone but the "champion". Sounds like something I'd do, anyway, if I played pokemon enough to know. :D


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

In the checkout waiting to be checked out, kids are handling it like professionals, I wonder if the promised trip to the toy store if they were good has anything to do with it.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

And are you checking out the checkout while it checks you out? Is it a chequered (checkered) checkout? Are you paying with a cheque (check) at the chequered (checkered) checkout? Are you paying with a cheque (check) for some checkers (draughts) at the chequered (checkered) checkout? Are Chubby Checker, Chaka Khan and Chuck Berry chuckling at a Czech chick's chakras while you pay with a cheque (check) for some checkers (draughts) at the chequered (checkered) checkout where you're being checked out?

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Quote:
And are you checking out the checkout while it checks you out? Is it a chequered (checkered) checkout? Are you paying with a cheque (check) at the chequered (checkered) checkout? Are you paying with a cheque (check) for some checkers (draughts) at the chequered (checkered) checkout? Are Chubby Checker, Chaka Khan and Chuck Berry chuckling at a Czech chick's chakras while you pay with a cheque (check) for some checkers (draughts) at the chequered (checkered) checkout where you're being checked out?

And he's taking checkered cab to chuck e cheeses afterward

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Hey, Freehold. Care to explain why I had to scrape frost off of my car this morning?

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
Quote:
And are you checking out the checkout while it checks you out? Is it a chequered (checkered) checkout? Are you paying with a cheque (check) at the chequered (checkered) checkout? Are you paying with a cheque (check) for some checkers (draughts) at the chequered (checkered) checkout? Are Chubby Checker, Chaka Khan and Chuck Berry chuckling at a Czech chick's chakras while you pay with a cheque (check) for some checkers (draughts) at the chequered (checkered) checkout where you're being checked out?
And he's taking checkered cab to chuck e cheeses afterward

Why not take the checkered can to Checkers? (That is a fast food joint around here.)


Here, too. It's... actually pretty good. (Sometimes.)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I love Checker's fries.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

You forgot one thing Limey, I used a coupon.

On chequered (chequered) chunks of chocolate.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
Hey, Freehold. Care to explain why I had to scrape frost off of my car this morning?

I would be sending some hot weather your way, but Freehold DM messed up my Anti-Weather Dominator. It is in the shop and the technician said that it will be at least 4 to 5 months before I can get it back. ~grumbles~ Thanks Freehold DM.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

OK, here's a little bit of venting this morning:

I'm sure this has happened to all of you: You're approaching a 4-way stop sign with a veeeeeeery slow vehicle ahead of you. It's as if that person was never taught that there is a gas pedal in addition to a brake. So, you get to the stop sign. They stop. They start sloooooooowly creeping through the intersection. You get to the stop sign. You stop. They're STILL in the intersection. Another car comes along perpendicular to you, sees the vehicle already in the intersection, assumes it's their turn, and rolls through their stop sign to cut you off.

Happened to me twice this morning. Both times as soon as I saw what they intended I went ahead and went in spite of the car ahead of me still being in the way. And the first driver had the gall to honk at me.

Look, just because there's a car in the intersection perpendicular to you doesn't automatically make it your turn!

Grrrrr....


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Sharoth wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Hey, Freehold. Care to explain why I had to scrape frost off of my car this morning?
I would be sending some hot weather your way, but Freehold DM messed up my Anti-Weather Dominator. It is in the shop and the technician said that it will be at least 4 to 5 months before I can get it back. ~grumbles~ Thanks Freehold DM.

I use an El Nino generator, keeps some of it at bay, by *snicker* funneling it thru Illinois.

Mwahahahahaha!!!


Defensive driving, my dear NH; defensive driving.
It's necessary because people can't read a situation clearly for a host of reasons - kind of like comments on a message board.
That said, traffic is one of those things that can reeeaaaally get to me, so I empathize.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hey Im super new here I joined like 10 minutes ago and Im wondering how I can create a thread?

131,001 to 131,050 of 238,513 << first < prev | 2616 | 2617 | 2618 | 2619 | 2620 | 2621 | 2622 | 2623 | 2624 | 2625 | 2626 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.