Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

129,551 to 129,600 of 238,611 << first < prev | 2587 | 2588 | 2589 | 2590 | 2591 | 2592 | 2593 | 2594 | 2595 | 2596 | 2597 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hey there TOZ! I hope that you and the wife are doing well. Tell her that I said "Hi." So when will you two be visiting Savannah?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

~blushes and backs away from the thread~


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Six more days until Fallout 4 comes out.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Never mind, I just saw Minecraft is twenty bucks, I've been told by my daughter I need "cool" games, evidently Red Dead Redemption, Lego Indiana Jones, Fallout 3 and Skyrim aren't "cool"
Skyrim is for casual dorks. Real dorks play Morrowind.
If they had a picture next to the definition of casual dork, I'm fairly confident it would be mine, or maybe Ben Affleck

My picture is right next to the entry for "closet nerd."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

And the award for "cheesiest band name of all time goes to...

Bonus points for the fact that their biggest hit was a cover of "Hang On Sloopy (My Girl Sloopy)" by The Vibrations. Additional bonus points awarded by virtue of their being Canadian.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
David M Mallon wrote:
And the award for "cheesiest band name of all time goes to...

Well, I never! Outrageous!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
David M Mallon wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Never mind, I just saw Minecraft is twenty bucks, I've been told by my daughter I need "cool" games, evidently Red Dead Redemption, Lego Indiana Jones, Fallout 3 and Skyrim aren't "cool"
Skyrim is for casual dorks. Real dorks play Morrowind.
If they had a picture next to the definition of casual dork, I'm fairly confident it would be mine, or maybe Ben Affleck
My picture is right next to the entry for "closet nerd."

it seemed so obvious to me...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'VE BEEN VALIDATED.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Never mind, I just saw Minecraft is twenty bucks, I've been told by my daughter I need "cool" games, evidently Red Dead Redemption, Lego Indiana Jones, Fallout 3 and Skyrim aren't "cool"
Skyrim is for casual dorks. Real dorks play Morrowind.
If they had a picture next to the definition of casual dork, I'm fairly confident it would be mine, or maybe Ben Affleck
My picture is right next to the entry for "closet nerd."
it seemed so obvious to me...

I am, glad that I am normal. Unlike the rest of you wierdos!

~grins and runs~


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Never mind, I just saw Minecraft is twenty bucks, I've been told by my daughter I need "cool" games, evidently Red Dead Redemption, Lego Indiana Jones, Fallout 3 and Skyrim aren't "cool"
Skyrim is for casual dorks. Real dorks play Morrowind.
If they had a picture next to the definition of casual dork, I'm fairly confident it would be mine, or maybe Ben Affleck
My picture is right next to the entry for "closet nerd."
it seemed so obvious to me...

There's a reason I never take my sunglasses off.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Is it because you're afraid you'll lose them.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Yay! Thundersnow!


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Treppa wrote:
Yay! Thundersnow!

marries Treppa when she isn't looking


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
Evening, all. What did I miss?

Freehold and Treppa have just got married, in Toys R Us

El Capitano Ayer is presently training up death worshipping, head hunting orcs, in Toys R Us, preparatory to staging a military coup designed to bring Stability and Order back to FawTLbia.

It's snowing in America, somewhere. Probably not in Toys R Us, though, unless the roof has fallen off.

In the UK, it's been foggy all week, so FawTL will have to excuse me if I let off my foghorn every couple of posts, as we don't want to bump into Norway by accident.

*HOOOOOOunk*


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:
... FawTLbia. ...

Wow. I didn't know this thread even had lady parts, let alone that they had their own special name.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

68 degrees today is the high, f*~! yeah!

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I have also been very pleased with the recent weather. Cool but not cold, perfect weather to just run the house fan all day rather than needing AC or heat.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:
... FawTLbia. ...
Wow. I didn't know this thread even had lady parts, let alone that they had their own special name.

Is it sad that I read this the same way?

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
I have also been very pleased with the recent weather. Cool but not cold, perfect weather to just run the house fan all day rather than needing AC or heat.

It's been gorgeous in NY. 65 degrees with foliage. Why can't it be like this all the time?

I took a walk in Central Park yesterday to appreciate it. I can take walks now as long as I am okay ignoring the complaints from my broken toe.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
Orthos wrote:
I have also been very pleased with the recent weather. Cool but not cold, perfect weather to just run the house fan all day rather than needing AC or heat.

It's been gorgeous in NY. 65 degrees with foliage. Why can't it be like this all the time?

I took a walk in Central Park yesterday to appreciate it. I can take walks now as long as I am okay ignoring the complaints from my broken toe.

I did indeed enjoy yesterday's weather, though it was a bit sultry for me. Shave off 60 degrees and it will be scads better.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

This is an El Nino winter!

At least here.

Crap! I had a joke and forgot it trying to find the right alias:-(


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Orthos wrote:
I have also been very pleased with the recent weather. Cool but not cold, perfect weather to just run the house fan all day rather than needing AC or heat.

It's been gorgeous in NY. 65 degrees with foliage. Why can't it be like this all the time?

I took a walk in Central Park yesterday to appreciate it. I can take walks now as long as I am okay ignoring the complaints from my broken toe.

I did indeed enjoy yesterday's weather, though it was a bit sultry for me. Shave off 60 degrees and it will be scads better.

~teleports Freehold DM to the Arctic~

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
El Nino Winter Cap'n Yesterday wrote:

This is an El Nino winter!

At least here.

Crap! I had a joke and forgot it trying to find the right alias:-(

Man it's been almost twenty years since I heard anything about El Nino.

It was all over the news when I was growing up, but by Junior High/High School had stopped apparently being a thing, and I heard nothing about it at all through my entire twenties.

I am certainly not complaining though. I'm all in favor of warmer winters.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

50s as far as the eye can see, at a time of year when we're lucky if we see 40.

But yes as strong as the one twenty years ago they're predicting.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
El Nino Winter Cap'n Yesterday wrote:

This is an El Nino winter!

At least here.

Crap! I had a joke and forgot it trying to find the right alias:-(

check weather report

No...keep that warm wind away from me!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

It turns out my Summer Expander isn't as profitable as I thought.

I suspect I might be going after the wrong demographic, every time I call a city in the northern hemisphere and proclaim "give me 1 million dollars or be prepared for an endless summer!" They just say "uh, no! Pass!" And then they keep golfing.

Hmm, perhaps I should threaten California with rain...

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
El Nino Winter Cap'n Yesterday wrote:

This is an El Nino winter!

At least here.

Crap! I had a joke and forgot it trying to find the right alias:-(

check weather report

No...keep that warm wind away from me!

Mwahahahahahahah!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

As a bit of an obsessive-compulsive, I can state that:
- In 2014, I turned on the bedrooms' wall heater November 13, and the living room heater November 17
- In 2015, I turned on both heaters November 4, and had them both on this morning.

So seems like we're getting an earlier cold snap this year, but "cold" around here means lows in the mid-40's.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Good Morning All, Man I feel great this AM, I have been dealing with a stomach ailment the past 3 days that so far seems to have gone away

Silver Crusade

NobodysHome wrote:

As a bit of an obsessive-compulsive, I can state that:

- In 2014, I turned on the bedrooms' wall heater November 13, and the living room heater November 17
- In 2015, I turned on both heaters November 4, and had them both on this morning.

So seems like we're getting an earlier cold snap this year, but "cold" around here means lows in the mid-40's.

Yeah last night was the first time I have used the heater in a loooonnggg time

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

As a bit of an obsessive-compulsive, I can state that:

- In 2014, I turned on the bedrooms' wall heater November 13, and the living room heater November 17
- In 2015, I turned on both heaters November 4, and had them both on this morning.

So seems like we're getting an earlier cold snap this year, but "cold" around here means lows in the mid-40's.

Yeah that's about where I consider it "cold", it was like that for a week in October here then warmed back up to the 50s/60s and highs in the 60s/70s.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Well we're harvesting Peas the kids buried in August to "get a head start on Spring" I thought I was writing off 1.80 seed pack, turns out I was wrong. :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I got a citation. My roommate was being angry again, this time with "I'm going to play music really loud at 11:30 at night, and turn it up louder every time I'm asked to turn it down". After a while of this, I got up and unplugged his speaker, he got all pissed and started screaming at me for touching his stuff, and I told him to shut up and quit keeping everybody awake and went to the other room to avoid him. He starts cranking the music again, right as university police show up on a bajillion noise complaints. I told them he won't turn his music off and is keeping me awake, and he says that's a lie and I'm the one trying to keep everybody awake because I'm being a child. The cop seems not to believe either of us and writes us both citations for disturbing the peace. I'm so happy right now. I get to go to court and probably pay a fine I can't really afford and all that stuff, and I didn't even do anything. And my roommate's in an even worse mood now.

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Is there absolutely NOTHING you can do to push your school into separating the two of you?


3 people marked this as a favorite.

That's it, I'm coming over there.

puts on crash helmet

CH, aim the cannon for Rositas coordinates.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm going to them again with this, but I've honestly been getting the impression that there isn't even anywhere to move us to. Housing is in a massive space crisis. Then again, now the cops are involved, so they may well feel like they need to act. Honestly, I'm seriously considering dropping out at this point. I hate this university. Housing is a crap show, my professor is a condescending, patronizing ass who demands we drop everything and cater to his class and his class only, I don't really know anybody here, and most students seem like they are only here because they got rejected from where they actually wanted to go. I'm debating whether this place is even worth the effort.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*hugs Rosita.*

Here.

*hands complicated looking full dive headset.*

This will allow you to release your murderous impulses on your roommate and professor.

The ogres have the face of the roommate, the orcs have the face of the professor, and the goblins have the face of Donald Trump.

Have fun.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rosita the Riveter wrote:
I'm going to them again with this, but I've honestly been getting the impression that there isn't even anywhere to move us to. Housing is in a massive space crisis. Then again, now the cops are involved, so they may well feel like they need to act. Honestly, I'm seriously considering dropping out at this point. I hate this university. Housing is a crap show, my professor is a condescending, patronizing ass who demands we drop everything and cater to his class and his class only, I don't really know anybody here, and most students seem like they are only here because they got rejected from where they actually wanted to go. I'm debating whether this place is even worth the effort.

Have you considered U.C. Davis? Other than the miserable weather and developing hay fever if you live there for more than 3 years, it's a fantastic school that actually cares about its undergrads. What a concept!

And the city is entirely bike-friendly. Back when I was in grad school there you could bike anywhere in town easily (it's all flat), and on rainy days the school bus was free for undergrads, $0.50 for everyone else.

Of course, this was 1991-1996, and I know Davis has undergone massive change since then.

And there's the little, "I'm living in the middle of nowhere. I might as well be in Nebraska," to it all...

At least in S.F. there's such a thing as a night life beyond cow-tipping...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Rosita the Riveter wrote:
I got a citation. My roommate was being angry again, this time with "I'm going to play music really loud at 11:30 at night, and turn it up louder every time I'm asked to turn it down". After a while of this, I got up and unplugged his speaker, he got all pissed and started screaming at me for touching his stuff, and I told him to shut up and quit keeping everybody awake and went to the other room to avoid him. He starts cranking the music again, right as university police show up on a bajillion noise complaints. I told them he won't turn his music off and is keeping me awake, and he says that's a lie and I'm the one trying to keep everybody awake because I'm being a child. The cop seems not to believe either of us and writes us both citations for disturbing the peace. I'm so happy right now. I get to go to court and probably pay a fine I can't really afford and all that stuff, and I didn't even do anything. And my roommate's in an even worse mood now.

When you complained on him to college staff, have you don that in writing/e-mail? Could you show it at court that you made complains at him before and it was ignored?

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Next time perhaps you could video the exchange and use that as evidence of his a~*#%+%ishness


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
Next time perhaps you could video the exchange and use that as evidence of his a!&+$&#ishness

Isn't recording someone without his permission illegal?


3 people marked this as a favorite.

That's a UC. Some of my classes aren't UC transferable, only CSU. I don't have enough units to apply to a UC.

In other news, I'm reading the description of disturbing the peace, and it sounds like you can't typically write a noise violation up under that if you haven't already requested that the noise stop. Especially when you aren't in a public space. Good to know when I go to court.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
Next time perhaps you could video the exchange and use that as evidence of his a!&+$&#ishness
Isn't recording someone without his permission illegal?

It is here.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
NobodysHome wrote:
Rosita the Riveter wrote:
I'm going to them again with this, but I've honestly been getting the impression that there isn't even anywhere to move us to. Housing is in a massive space crisis. Then again, now the cops are involved, so they may well feel like they need to act. Honestly, I'm seriously considering dropping out at this point. I hate this university. Housing is a crap show, my professor is a condescending, patronizing ass who demands we drop everything and cater to his class and his class only, I don't really know anybody here, and most students seem like they are only here because they got rejected from where they actually wanted to go. I'm debating whether this place is even worth the effort.

Have you considered U.C. Davis? Other than the miserable weather and developing hay fever if you live there for more than 3 years, it's a fantastic school that actually cares about its undergrads. What a concept!

And the city is entirely bike-friendly. Back when I was in grad school there you could bike anywhere in town easily (it's all flat), and on rainy days the school bus was free for undergrads, $0.50 for everyone else.

Of course, this was 1991-1996, and I know Davis has undergone massive change since then.

And there's the little, "I'm living in the middle of nowhere. I might as well be in Nebraska," to it all...

At least in S.F. there's such a thing as a night life beyond cow-tipping...

Only someone that's never been to Nebraska would say that:-D

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy (which is my brother) and he lives there!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
Rosita the Riveter wrote:
I got a citation. My roommate was being angry again, this time with "I'm going to play music really loud at 11:30 at night, and turn it up louder every time I'm asked to turn it down". After a while of this, I got up and unplugged his speaker, he got all pissed and started screaming at me for touching his stuff, and I told him to shut up and quit keeping everybody awake and went to the other room to avoid him. He starts cranking the music again, right as university police show up on a bajillion noise complaints. I told them he won't turn his music off and is keeping me awake, and he says that's a lie and I'm the one trying to keep everybody awake because I'm being a child. The cop seems not to believe either of us and writes us both citations for disturbing the peace. I'm so happy right now. I get to go to court and probably pay a fine I can't really afford and all that stuff, and I didn't even do anything. And my roommate's in an even worse mood now.
When you complained on him to college staff, have you don that in writing/e-mail? Could you show it at court that you made complains at him before and it was ignored?

I have a couple emails, but I prefer to do my complaining to staff face to face so I can't be ignored.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Cow tipping is a lot more fun then you think, there's a lot of strategy involved.

Cows ain't dumb!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Honestly, it's worth your time to go to court and talk to the judge. Be polite and respectful, don't argue, and tell the truth. It works miracles. Hopefully (s)he'll believe you and dismiss the citation...

As for the school, words fail me. What a nightmare!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I should go to the campus legal aid people. This ticket seems kinda sketchy in terms of whether it can actually stick, and it seems like you wouldn't put this charge on a summons for this sort of behavior normally, but I'm just a layman.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Honestly, it's worth your time to go to court and talk to the judge. Be polite and respectful, don't argue, and tell the truth. It works miracles. Hopefully (s)he'll believe you and dismiss the citation...

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

More seriously, go to student legal aid, they are well versed in this kind of thing.


7 people marked this as a favorite.
Rosita the Riveter wrote:
Drejk wrote:
When you complained on him to college staff, have you don that in writing/e-mail? Could you show it at court that you made complains at him before and it was ignored?
I have a couple emails, but I prefer to do my complaining to staff face to face so I can't be ignored.

Sending emails and letters is a CYA move, so when it doesn't work, you have a paper trail/documentation. Face-to-face & phone calls are nice, but when it doesn't work, you're left with a "you-said, they-said" situation. Also, typing something out helps me to edit out passive-aggressiveness and make sure my points are precisely clear.

Always get it in writing. {eye twitches from flashback to previous corporate workplace}

Edit: Also HUGS. You are not the parents of your spoiled roommate, and you should not be the first adult to tell him No.

129,551 to 129,600 of 238,611 << first < prev | 2587 | 2588 | 2589 | 2590 | 2591 | 2592 | 2593 | 2594 | 2595 | 2596 | 2597 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.