Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

128,901 to 128,950 of 234,046 << first < prev | 2574 | 2575 | 2576 | 2577 | 2578 | 2579 | 2580 | 2581 | 2582 | 2583 | 2584 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Potato, tomato. I'm connected to all my beautiful, horrible creations.

If you wanted to destroy them, you'd have to destroy me, and all the wonderful, terrible threads in my many webs.

And stop staring.


Google, Demon Queen of Spiders wrote:

Potato, tomato. I'm connected to all my beautiful, horrible creations.

If you wanted to destroy them, you'd have to destroy me, and all the wonderful, terrible threads in my many webs.

And stop staring.

Spider silk is flammable, right?

tosses burning brand onto random web, gawks at nudity in the flickering firelight


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Google, Demon Queen of Spiders wrote:
And stop staring.

*blink*


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Sissyl wrote:

What is truly, awesomely scary about autism is that the anti-vacc parents don't manage to see the disorder before the kids are more than four years old.

I understand that mild forms may be hard to distinguish... But the rest??? Those are kids who do not talk, or interact, or only do one thing, or act very strangely. How does one not understand that before they are four?

What I found truly, awesomely scary was the fact that some of them made enemas out of bleach to clean the kids' colons of whatever causes autism. In what universe does shoving bleach up a kid's ass sound like anything other than a horrible idea?

Silver Crusade

Freehold DM wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
I'm feeling better this morning, but still really weak.
what culinary delights are in the area? They may give you much needed protein.

Blarf...

Yeah, I don't think I will be eating anything but bland, inert foods today.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aranna wrote:

~looks at autism wiki~

(caused by genetics, with increased risk factors from harmful chemicals, heavy metals, or infectious diseases)

I don't think these wingnuts understand that everything is toxic in some amount, and low amounts probably won't kill you. Yea, vaccines used to have mercury in them. You know what has a lot more mercury in it? A tuna sandwich, which you probably consume more often than a vaccine (Unless you are like me, and find both mayonnaise and tuna revolting). Same goes for chlorine and formaldehyde and other scary stuff in vaccines. It's not enough to hurt you, and you get the scary chemical in many other places or, in the case of formaldehyde, metabolize it naturally. Don't get me started on the whole " it's bad to be shoving chemicals in your body" thing. Everything you consume is chemicals. All of it. That's how the world works.


11 people marked this as a favorite.

Hi!

A very busy few weeks culminated in my wife and I travelling to Niagara and Toronto to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We had a good time and did a lot of walking (much more than this sedentary badger is used to).

I hope everyone is doing well.

(also, I will have a new monster ready for tonight to make up for some missed weeks)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rawr! wrote:

Hi!

A very busy few weeks culminated in my wife and I travelling to Niagara and Toronto to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We had a good time and did a lot of walking (much more than this sedentary badger is used to).

I hope everyone is doing well.

(also, I will have a new monster ready for tonight to make up for some missed weeks)

Welcome back and I am glad that you had a good time.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rawr! wrote:

Hi!

A very busy few weeks culminated in my wife and I travelling to Niagara and Toronto to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We had a good time and did a lot of walking (much more than this sedentary badger is used to).

I hope everyone is doing well.

(also, I will have a new monster ready for tonight to make up for some missed weeks)

25 is a big one congrats


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rawr! wrote:

Hi!

A very busy few weeks culminated in my wife and I travelling to Niagara and Toronto to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We had a good time and did a lot of walking (much more than this sedentary badger is used to).

I hope everyone is doing well.

(also, I will have a new monster ready for tonight to make up for some missed weeks)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rawr! wrote:

Hi!

A very busy few weeks culminated in my wife and I travelling to Niagara and Toronto to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We had a good time and did a lot of walking (much more than this sedentary badger is used to).

I hope everyone is doing well.

(also, I will have a new monster ready for tonight to make up for some missed weeks)

Congratulations! And welcome back =)

Scarab Sages

Freehold DM wrote:
Google, Demon Queen of Spiders wrote:

Potato, tomato. I'm connected to all my beautiful, horrible creations.

If you wanted to destroy them, you'd have to destroy me, and all the wonderful, terrible threads in my many webs.

And stop staring.

Spider silk is flammable, right?

tosses burning brand onto random web, gawks at nudity in the flickering firelight

Mmmmm. A wonderful fire to stoke against the winter of your discontent.


Google, Demon Queen of Spiders wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Google, Demon Queen of Spiders wrote:

Potato, tomato. I'm connected to all my beautiful, horrible creations.

If you wanted to destroy them, you'd have to destroy me, and all the wonderful, terrible threads in my many webs.

And stop staring.

Spider silk is flammable, right?

tosses burning brand onto random web, gawks at nudity in the flickering firelight

Mmmmm. A wonderful fire to stoke against the winter of your discontent.

I don't have winters of discontent, I have summers of absolute misery.


captain yesterday wrote:
Aranna wrote:

Aldi's is aggravating. I love the low prices but it's a crap shoot if the particular item will taste good or be nasty. So I try a wide variety of the odd name brands and figure out the hard way which ones are tasty and which are nasty. Yay! Right? Nope... Aldi's consistently discontinues the ones I like while overstocking the nasty ones. Eventually I got tired of the games and started shopping at Meijer instead.

I refuse to shop at Aldi's, too many unidentifiable objects or dead insects have been found with food from there, I'm poor but I have standards damn it.

My reasons for not shopping at Aldi are more mundane-- a) I live catty-corner from Tops, and they're always having clearance sales; and b) Aldi is always full of hipsters from the university.


Drejk wrote:
spiced cookies

My mother's friends in the Netherlands always mail her a box of those on Christmas.


captain yesterday wrote:
"Starve a cold, feed the flu" my Grandma always said

When I'm sick, I usually live on a diet of DayQuil, bagels, and whiskey.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
David M Mallon wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
"Starve a cold, feed the flu" my Grandma always said
When I'm sick, I usually live on a diet of DayQuil, bagels, and whiskey.

Only when sick?


Ohhhh!!! I know what I want for Christmas. Sadly, it might be NEXT Christmas.


Sharoth wrote:
Ohhhh!!! I know what I want for Christmas. Sadly, it might be NEXT Christmas.

LOL. I have the opposite fear. As I've mentioned, I use things until they fall apart. I'm perfectly happy playing Rift on my work laptop; an ancient Lenovo Thinkpad that wheezes heavily whenever more than 3 other players are on the screen. But I'm happy, and it takes up very little space in my far-too-tiny-for-a-family-of-4 house.

I have friends in the computer industry who have declared that I "need" a new computer. They have the means to make one appear. And it will be some hideous monstrosity that fits nowhere in my house and eats up 1500 watts just checking e-mail.

If it appears and I can sneak it out the door, I'll check international shipping rates... ;-P


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Spent this evening taking up in the carpet in the bathroom and putting down lino (which was invented by a man born in the town where I live. How about that, eh?)

Good job I don't have to do that sort of thing full time; it looks like the flooring equivalent of a carrion golem put together by a very junior necromancer who's been on a five-day Pesh binge.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Sharoth wrote:
Ohhhh!!! I know what I want for Christmas. Sadly, it might be NEXT Christmas.

LOL. I have the opposite fear. As I've mentioned, I use things until they fall apart. I'm perfectly happy playing Rift on my work laptop; an ancient Lenovo Thinkpad that wheezes heavily whenever more than 3 other players are on the screen. But I'm happy, and it takes up very little space in my far-too-tiny-for-a-family-of-4 house.

I have friends in the computer industry who have declared that I "need" a new computer. They have the means to make one appear. And it will be some hideous monstrosity that fits nowhere in my house and eats up 1500 watts just checking e-mail.

If it appears and I can sneak it out the door, I'll check international shipping rates... ;-P

~raises my hands and waves them~ Ohhh!!! OHHH!!! PICK ME!!! ME!!! PICK ME!!!

Silver Crusade

8 people marked this as a favorite.
Sharoth wrote:
Ohhhh!!! I know what I want for Christmas. Sadly, it might be NEXT Christmas.

My brother (who manages an Intel CPU design team) joked that after "Skylake", the next generation will be "Skynet", and then the generation after that will be allowed to name itself.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Of course I am the person who exceeded our 300 GB data limit by over 100 GB downloading my games to the computer and then working though my nice long list of mods for Fallout New Vegas. I looked at my wife and said, "But I have yet to mod Skyrim. What do you mean we are out of data?" She just shook her head and walked away.

Shadow Lodge

I don't think I've ever purchased a new machine simply for the purpose of upgrading. Every time I've gotten a new computer it's been because the old one died or was in the process of dying.

The one exception to this was when my last roommate in Arizona moved out; he left behind a lot of his stuff, including his computer, and since it was slightly better than mine I chose to transfer my stuff over and keep it. My old computer (also a Lenovo, interestingly) was given to a church friend who was in the market for one.


Limeylongears wrote:

Spent this evening taking up in the carpet in the bathroom and putting down lino (which was invented by a man born in the town where I live. How about that, eh?)

Good job I don't have to do that sort of thing full time; it looks like the flooring equivalent of a carrion golem put together by a very junior necromancer who's been on a five-day Pesh binge.

Just wait until you see what I have planned for the Kitchen!

Spoiler alert!!

It's gonna blow your f~~&ing mind!

Shadow Lodge

Pesh Addicted Necromancer wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:

Spent this evening taking up in the carpet in the bathroom and putting down lino (which was invented by a man born in the town where I live. How about that, eh?)

Good job I don't have to do that sort of thing full time; it looks like the flooring equivalent of a carrion golem put together by a very junior necromancer who's been on a five-day Pesh binge.

Just wait until you see what I have planned for the Kitchen!

Spoiler alert!!

It's gonna blow your f+!*ing mind!

Aw man do you know how long it's been since I've had my mind blown?

Not since I had some of that cactus juice. It's the quenchiest!


Limeylongears wrote:

Spent this evening taking up in the carpet in the bathroom and putting down lino (which was invented by a man born in the town where I live. How about that, eh?)

Good job I don't have to do that sort of thing full time; it looks like the flooring equivalent of a carrion golem put together by a very junior necromancer who's been on a five-day Pesh binge.

My kindred craftsman!!!


Whoa! This is awesome stuff!


Orthos wrote:

I don't think I've ever purchased a new machine simply for the purpose of upgrading. Every time I've gotten a new computer it's been because the old one died or was in the process of dying.

The one exception to this was when my last roommate in Arizona moved out; he left behind a lot of his stuff, including his computer, and since it was slightly better than mine I chose to transfer my stuff over and keep it. My old computer (also a Lenovo, interestingly) was given to a church friend who was in the market for one.

Yep. That's pretty much me. Wait for the old machine to die a coughing death. Go to Ars Technica. Read the Hot Rod specs. Expect to pay $600 to build a PC. Spend $1000. Have a PC that rocks for the next 6 years. Repeat ad nauseum.

I'm pretty proud of the last one: I gave it to Impus Major, and the video card caught on fire in the case and the machine's still purring along. Minus its video card, of course...


NobodysHome wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:

Spent this evening taking up in the carpet in the bathroom and putting down lino (which was invented by a man born in the town where I live. How about that, eh?)

Good job I don't have to do that sort of thing full time; it looks like the flooring equivalent of a carrion golem put together by a very junior necromancer who's been on a five-day Pesh binge.

My kindred craftsman!!!

Do you want the bathroom special too.

Shadow Lodge

NobodysHome wrote:
I'm pretty proud of the last one: I gave it to Impus Major, and the video card caught on fire in the case and the machine's still purring along. Minus its video card, of course...

I've had a computer's interior catch fire (HP laptop) and I've had a computer melt its own graphics card (AlienWare laptop). Neither was still functional afterward, though the latter only required replacing the card to get back to function and was thankfully still under warranty.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
NobodysHome wrote:
Orthos wrote:

I don't think I've ever purchased a new machine simply for the purpose of upgrading. Every time I've gotten a new computer it's been because the old one died or was in the process of dying.

The one exception to this was when my last roommate in Arizona moved out; he left behind a lot of his stuff, including his computer, and since it was slightly better than mine I chose to transfer my stuff over and keep it. My old computer (also a Lenovo, interestingly) was given to a church friend who was in the market for one.

Yep. That's pretty much me. Wait for the old machine to die a coughing death. Go to Ars Technica. Read the Hot Rod specs. Expect to pay $600 to build a PC. Spend $1000. Have a PC that rocks for the next 6 years. Repeat ad nauseum.

I'm pretty proud of the last one: I gave it to Impus Major, and the video card caught on fire in the case and the machine's still purring along. Minus its video card, of course...

We just walked into the Apple store said I want one of those, added on the extended Apple care (which paid for itself when Tiny T-Rex built a tower of coins inside it's disc drive) and walked out 20 minutes later without paying more then I anticipated (which was around 1,500 bucks :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Proposed new law for October: Whenever you hear an advertisement with someone doing a "Dracula" accent, you get to go to the marketing firm, find the guy who wrote the ad, and knee him in the groin.


Pesh Addicted Necromancer wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:

Spent this evening taking up in the carpet in the bathroom and putting down lino (which was invented by a man born in the town where I live. How about that, eh?)

Good job I don't have to do that sort of thing full time; it looks like the flooring equivalent of a carrion golem put together by a very junior necromancer who's been on a five-day Pesh binge.

My kindred craftsman!!!
Do you want the bathroom special too.

I don't want your bathroom special, that's for sure. That sort of thing may be acceptable in Geb, but here it means several years in prison and your own special section on 'The Register', so kindly leave it out.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Treppa wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
"Starve a cold, feed the flu" my Grandma always said
When I'm sick, I usually live on a diet of DayQuil, bagels, and whiskey.
Only when sick?

No, when I'm not sick, I also eat canned ravioli and drink beer.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Proposed new law for October: Whenever you hear an advertisement with someone doing a "Dracula" accent, you get to go to the marketing firm, find the guy who wrote the ad, and knee him in the groin.

It's stupid, it's annoying, and it makes people change the station. You bought it, and put it on the air three times a night during drive time. People are having accidents.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

After 3 years of neglect and misuse by Pea Bear, I'm taking back the 3'x 3' area in the pantry that I'd made into an "office" I decided it's use as a craft and doll dumping ground has gone on long enough.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

It's going to be a lot of work, the dolls, half glued forgotten craft project and snow globe veins run deep, deeper than any sane dwarf dare delve...

Pea Bear fun fact: she collects snow globes


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Siouxsie and the Banshees' Halloween, followed by Ministry's Halloween? Thanks local college radio DJ!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

It's going to be a lot of work, the dolls, half glued forgotten craft project and snow globe veins run deep, deeper than any sane dwarf dare delve...

Pea Bear fun fact: she collects snow globes

Weird, I'm working on something snow globe-related...


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
Sharoth wrote:
Ohhhh!!! I know what I want for Christmas. Sadly, it might be NEXT Christmas.
My brother (who manages an Intel CPU design team) joked that after "Skylake", the next generation will be "Skynet", and then the generation after that will be allowed to name itself.

Joked? Such beautiful naivety... That was a cry for help.


Drejk wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Sharoth wrote:
Ohhhh!!! I know what I want for Christmas. Sadly, it might be NEXT Christmas.
My brother (who manages an Intel CPU design team) joked that after "Skylake", the next generation will be "Skynet", and then the generation after that will be allowed to name itself.
a cry for help.

You called?

Can... can it wait, I'm working on this three way with Dove and Florin Falconhand polymorphed as Cats and the spell only lasts so long.

Edit: in hindsight I kinda regret taking levels in all those other classes just because I'm f@@&ing Elminster


1 person marked this as a favorite.

FALLOUT NEW VEGAS WORKS...

sort of. ~goes back to debugging my modded Fallout New Vegas~


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Part 1 of the Halloween monsters.

This one is evil in many senses of the word.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Rawr! wrote:

Part 1 of the Halloween monsters.

This one is evil in many senses of the word.

~shudders and screams in horror~ NO!!! SO HORRIBLE!!! My ex- is now a monster! ~Runs away screaming~

~GRINS~


Well, first off, Kara-Tur was designed as the Eastern Realms from the beginning. Al-Qadim (the stale lands, true story) was designed as its own place, then tacked on. There is a difference.

Second, why do you try to kill something that is already dead? And if you do, why do you use the same method that actually killed it (the spellplague, shudder)?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Holy crap. I've spent about $70 on my Halloween costume. And I can actually afford that. I'm shockingly not broke for a college student, even though I'm not spending Grandma's money anymore.

Dark Archive

Morning FaWtLanteans! I hope everyone is well today, and has a good one ahead of them. Sunny and cold here today, hardly the worst mix, thought I could use some more cloud cover. :P My sunglasses broke recently, so I'm just squinting in the sunshine. :P

Dark Archive

11 people marked this as a favorite.

KIDLET!:
I've got my little devil for Halloween weekend this week, so looking forward to it. His grandparents are away, so it'll just be me and the little one, which will be nice. :) It hadn't actually dawned on me until last weekend, that I'd have him for the 31st, so I don't have a costume prepared. Something simple, like an eye-patch and toy parrot, or cowboy hat and toy gun, will probably suffice. Not that he'd tolerate much else yet, I don't think he'll get the core concept just yet.

I say that, but he's actually surprised me with how with-it he is a couple of times so far. It's exciting to be reminded that he's not just a helpless baby anymore, he's a little boy, a crafty, scheming, resourceful little boy, and I should be adequately terrified. :P

I'm not sure if I told the story here before, but I will again even if so. Now, my son has this wooden letter puzzle thing, it's a board with slots for all of the 26 letters, and all the letters in capital form. In my sitting room, where we usually set up the toys for his visits, the radiators have these slots at the top, I think it's to prevent big things falling it, but it just means little things get trapped when they fall in. See where this is going?

So the little man loves sticking the letters through the little slots. Sometimes they fall all the way through, and he thinks that's brilliant fun. Other times, they get trapped, and he'll turn to me and go "It stuck!". So, this particular time, I go to him, "Yes, you're right, it is stuck. It's all gone now." All gone is our code for, well, it's done. If I started freeing it then and there, it would have encouraged him, and at the time, I didn't want an extended fishing expedition. Anyways, the mouser seems to size me up for a moment, then leaves the room and starts heading upstairs. I'm like, oh, okay, done with these for now, time for the next thing. So, gets upstairs, and heads to his room, where we store all the toys he's not actively playing with. Now, I'm already somewhat impressed, he's only with me every second weekend, but he knew exactly where his room was and that that was where his others toys were. And then he gets out his toolbox.

Little backstory, my Dad is a builder, and he got the mouser the tool box. The little guy loves playing around with the tools, particularly the hammer. Big surprise, right? So, I'm thinking, oh, okay, you wanted a new toy to play with, you're going with the toolbox. All good. Then, he starts heading downstairs with the toolbox in tow. We get downstairs, go back over to the radiator, and he cracks open the toolbox. He takes out the hammer, as I expected, but then he turns to me and goes "Noooo." He puts the hammer back in and takes out the flat-head screwdriver. Realisation of what just happened only dawns on me as he slips the head of the screwdriver through the radiator slot, knocks the letter free, and goes "TA-DA!". I was speechless with pride.

Anyways, yeah, long winded story to say, he's smarter than I give him credit for, and maybe he would get the idea if I explained it to him. Costume + "Trick or Treat" = Candy. :P


Elminster, Rockstar of Wizardry wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Sharoth wrote:
Ohhhh!!! I know what I want for Christmas. Sadly, it might be NEXT Christmas.
My brother (who manages an Intel CPU design team) joked that after "Skylake", the next generation will be "Skynet", and then the generation after that will be allowed to name itself.
a cry for help.

You called?

Can... can it wait, I'm working on this three way with Dove and Florin Falconhand polymorphed as Cats and the spell only lasts so long.

Edit: in hindsight I kinda regret taking levels in all those other classes just be caused lI'm f!@$ing Elminster

drops breakfast

Elminster. It's finally happened. He's appeared on the paizo forums.

steps out of thread for a few moments, comes back in armed with fully automatic forearms, firing wildly

DIE ELMONSTER! WE WILL NEVER BE SUBSUMED INTO YOUR HORRID CAMPAIGN SETTING!

128,901 to 128,950 of 234,046 << first < prev | 2574 | 2575 | 2576 | 2577 | 2578 | 2579 | 2580 | 2581 | 2582 | 2583 | 2584 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.