Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

128,001 to 128,050 of 243,551 << first < prev | 2556 | 2557 | 2558 | 2559 | 2560 | 2561 | 2562 | 2563 | 2564 | 2565 | 2566 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I'm 5'7"

And naked!!


Tacticslion wrote:
I love butter-bread!
Orthos wrote:
Garlic bread is better =)

That's what the fan-fiction is for!

Alternate One-liner: Ooh! Buttered Garlic Bread! :D

Freehold DM wrote:
EVERYONE STOP BEING TALLER THAN ME!

That's probably doable, for me.

Freehold DM wrote:
That said, I would LOVE a mangaesque height chart for FaWtL....

That... would be pretty sweet, I'm not gonna lie. Though I seriously need to lose some weight, if we're going to be all Player's Handbook or Core Rulebook, otherwise we're going to have some terrified people.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

If it makes you feel better, FH DM, I am older than you.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
That said, I would LOVE a mangaesque height chart for FaWtL....
That... would be pretty sweet, I'm not gonna lie. Though I seriously need to lose some weight, if we're going to be all Player's Handbook or Core Rulebook, otherwise we're going to have some terrified people.

... yeah no let's not. Fully clothed, please.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:

When I was a kid, I drank soda all the time. Never water. (I'm not sure why I was allowed to do this. Maybe because it was the 80s?) I am convinced it stunted my growth. The docs said I was trending to be about 6'4". That never came to pass.

Now I have soda about once a month if that. I don't miss it.

My folks wouldn't let me drink soda as a kid, and I still stopped short of the height the doctor said I was going to reach (prediction: 6'3"; actual: 6'0"). Then again, I'm proportioned like a smaller version of one of the giants from Skyrim, so maybe don't read too much into that.

I drank a fair amount of soda back when I worked at the truck shop, but when I was in college, I drank pretty much nothing but milk and iced tea, and now I drink pretty much nothing but beer and water.

Also, CH, I've met you, and while you're not a 6'4" giant, you're far from short. 5'10"-5'11" maybe?

I think he's closer to 5'8".

Like me.

For some reason I always imagined you'd be taller than me. (A shave short of 6'.) Huh.
DAMMIT EVERYONE STOP BEING TALLER THAN ME!
Taller AND younger.

aaauuuggghh!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
I love butter-bread!
Orthos wrote:
Garlic bread is better =)

That's what the fan-fiction is for!

Alternate One-liner: Ooh! Buttered Garlic Bread! :D

Freehold DM wrote:
EVERYONE STOP BEING TALLER THAN ME!

That's probably doable, for me.

Freehold DM wrote:
That said, I would LOVE a mangaesque height chart for FaWtL....
That... would be pretty sweet, I'm not gonna lie. Though I seriously need to lose some weight, if we're going to be all Player's Handbook or Core Rulebook, otherwise we're going to have some terrified people.

I am trying to get back in shape. My black manliness demands it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Only if I'm drawn with a handlebar mustache, I've always been curious how I would look with a handlebar mustache but never wanted it enough to personally put effort into it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I call myself 5'6". The nurses at the doctor's office are always very kind, and say, "Oh, you're just a tiny bit under 5'7", so that's what we'll put on your chart."

And if you have a problem with shortitude, TL, you're playing it wrong. We grew up in a house where the basement had 6'6" ceilings, with a 4' door to the study. I can't tell you how much I laughed at all my friends (6'+) banging their heads on everything in my house.

My constant refrain: "I can fit places you can't. I don't bang my head. And if I need to reach something, I can just grab a stool..."

The Exchange

3 people marked this as a favorite.

.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

According to me, I'm 5'11"; according to Lady Longears, I am 5'8". Let's split the difference and say 5'9" and a half.

That appears to put me around the Fawtl median.

I did once grow a handlebar moustache. I looked like a mad Victorian pervert. Since I am a mad Victorian pervert, that suited me just fine.

Do we all have to wear beige loincloths in the Player's Handbook Height Parage?

Edit: Parade. I have no idea what a Parage is.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Crimson Jester wrote:
.

so thats where i dropped my punctuation


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hello.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

not you again.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Eh. Just saying hello from New Vegas. Great place. Lots of people to manipulate, lots of chaos to cause...

This is the place.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Damn right.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Fallen Child wrote:

Eh. Just saying hello from New Vegas. Great place. Lots of people to manipulate, lots of chaos to cause...

This is the place.

that's like three or six timelines over. good, today's my day off.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Such short short men...
;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Such men's short shorts!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aranna wrote:

Such short short men...

;)

I know, right!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Well I work tonight, bummer.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Twenty minutes still left of my 6-7 shift here, I feel your pain man.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

It's halfway through October in Wisconsin. Hey! I know! let's get the kids Power wheels, just in time for winter!

How! How is it this is how people think!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

It's halfway through October in Wisconsin. Hey! I know! let's get the kids Power wheels, just in time for winter!

How! How is it this is how people think!

sales.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I don't get credit for sales, I'm purely Brute Squad.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Captain Yesterday fun fact: in the winter (I.e. October to May) I moonlight as a concert (and event) security guard.

But only during winter, all my extra layers add significantly to the intimidation aspect.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
The Doomkitten wrote:

I... you...

I give up.

I learned this stuff in 5th, 6th, 7th, and now Algebra 1.

I was assuming that the new stuff you were teaching was supposed to be an advanced form of stuff I already learned, but it was just an introduction.

I...

I...

...

Anybody else want to go write a strongly worded letter (I don't have that much evil in me, alas) to the board of education?

Welcome to Common Core!

(Both Imps are going through the same pain...)

Yeah, when I want to express my frustration with the school board, nudity is essential.

Yeah...growing pains. We're running into a lot of this with grammar because until the core got rolled out, middle school English teachers basically taught whatever writing and grammar they felt like (according to the administrator my PLC was talking to, anyway). Hopefully in a few years, things will be balanced out.

Spoiler:
Let's just ignore the fact that if the legislators had a brain between them, they'd have pegged the kindergartners for that initial year as their guinea pigs for this and implemented the new standards gradually so they could accurately see the long-term results of rolling out the new curriculum requirements instead of just changing them all at once regardless of the gaps and overlap in coverage this would create...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Re: cats and dogs discussion - Love both, allergic to cats. Landlord overrules the desire for either.


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
DAMMIT EVERYONE STOP BEING TALLER THAN ME!

Caaaaaan do.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
sans. wrote:
The Fallen Child wrote:

Eh. Just saying hello from New Vegas. Great place. Lots of people to manipulate, lots of chaos to cause...

This is the place.

that's like three or six timelines over. good, today's my day off.

Then maybe you can take that filthy sock of yours to your room!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
DAMMIT EVERYONE STOP BEING TALLER THAN ME!
Caaaaaan do.

Yeah, me too. The kidlet is now an inch taller than me. Cause I'm short.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

So Nerf guns that fire thumb sized golf balls at high velocity.

I don't see anyway something like that could go awry.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Great Papyrus wrote:
sans. wrote:
The Fallen Child wrote:

Eh. Just saying hello from New Vegas. Great place. Lots of people to manipulate, lots of chaos to cause...

This is the place.

that's like three or six timelines over. good, today's my day off.
Then maybe you can take that filthy sock of yours to your room!

okay.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
sans. wrote:
The Great Papyrus wrote:
sans. wrote:
The Fallen Child wrote:

Eh. Just saying hello from New Vegas. Great place. Lots of people to manipulate, lots of chaos to cause...

This is the place.

that's like three or six timelines over. good, today's my day off.
Then maybe you can take that filthy sock of yours to your room!
okay.

It's still here, brother!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Great Papyrus wrote:
sans. wrote:
The Great Papyrus wrote:
sans. wrote:
The Fallen Child wrote:

Eh. Just saying hello from New Vegas. Great place. Lots of people to manipulate, lots of chaos to cause...

This is the place.

that's like three or six timelines over. good, today's my day off.
Then maybe you can take that filthy sock of yours to your room!
okay.
It's still here, brother!

okay.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
I'm 5'6-7" - I'm not sure, and I don't care enough to clarify at present to myself.

Still taller than Glenn, bro.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Xenthya, Nuzlocke Trainer wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Xenthya, Nuzlocke Trainer wrote:
Xenthya, Nuzlocke Trainer wrote:
Taking the Sky from Him
Great Eggspectations
Huzzah! Skullbash ftw!
Close Shave and a Haircut

Disunion Cave =(


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
groening at his most sour.

Delicious! Like sour gummies! And dill pickles!

Celestial Healer wrote:

When I was a kid, I drank soda all the time. Never water. (I'm not sure why I was allowed to do this. Maybe because it was the 80s?) I am convinced it stunted my growth. The docs said I was trending to be about 6'4". That never came to pass.

Now I have soda about once a month if that. I don't miss it.

David M Mallon wrote:

My folks wouldn't let me drink soda as a kid, and I still stopped short of the height the doctor said I was going to reach (prediction: 6'3"; actual: 6'0"). Then again, I'm proportioned like a smaller version of one of the giants from Skyrim, so maybe don't read too much into that.

I drank a fair amount of soda back when I worked at the truck shop, but when I was in college, I drank pretty much nothing but milk and iced tea, and now I drink pretty much nothing but beer and water.

Also, CH, I've met you, and while you're not a 6'4" giant, you're far from short. 5'10"-5'11" maybe?

Freehold DM wrote:

I think he's closer to 5'8".

Like me.

Orthos wrote:
For some reason I always imagined you'd be taller than me. (A shave short of 6'.) Huh.
I'm 5'6-7" - I'm not sure, and I don't care enough to clarify at present to myself.

I'm around 5'11".

Yes, I am continental European that can deal with feet and inches... I blame RPGs for that...

Quote:
I've always been shorter than most (though not all) of my equally-aged peers. It only bothers me when I try to reach things that are high up. That's what my father-in-law and two of my brothers-in-law are for, though. :D

Through all the elementary class, except for the last grade when we had a guy year old than us who failed last grade and had to repeat it, I was one of the tallest if not the tallest guy in the class, with one or two guys (and one girl IIRC) nearly my height. Then my growth slowed after passing 14 or 15. I am still taller than either of my parents, but not as tall as my brother.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
Yes, I am continental European that can deal with feet and inches... I blame RPGs for that...

Could be worse. You could be like me, and be an American that can deal with meters and centimeters. I fully blame Star Wars and Star Trek. And Mass Effect. And sci-fi in general.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
David M Mallon wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Yes, I am continental European that can deal with feet and inches... I blame RPGs for that...
Could be worse. You could be like me, and be an American that can deal with meters and centimeters. I fully blame Star Wars and Star Trek. And Mass Effect. And sci-fi in general.

I suspect that the end of Apollo program was because Americans were too tired of sending people to the Moon using imperial system... You could be on Mars before the turn of the century if you were using metric!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
David M Mallon wrote:
Drejk wrote:
Yes, I am continental European that can deal with feet and inches... I blame RPGs for that...
Could be worse. You could be like me, and be an American that can deal with meters and centimeters. I fully blame Star Wars and Star Trek. And Mass Effect. And sci-fi in general.
I suspect that the end of Apollo program was because Americans were too tired of sending people to the Moon using imperial system... You could be on Mars before the turn of the century if you were using metric!

You're not wrong.

When I was in trade school, it used to drive me nuts. Everyone else in the class (including the instructor), refused to use metric because "it's confusing." You dumb s!*~s (sorry guys, you're still my friends), it's just multiplying and dividing by ten. If you can figure out how American money works, you can figure out the metric system.

Not that the Imperial system doesn't have a use. Having worked both in the trades and in the design field, I've noticed that metric is better if you need to mathematically predict what size something will be, and Imperial is better for getting ballpark figures.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Convert meters to centimeters? Multiply by 100? Add two zeros to the end of a number? Iunnohowadothat...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
You could be on Mars before the turn of the century if you were using metric!

And, of course, there's this travesty of human error...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Great, I'm half in the bag, and you've got me talking about math. We're gonna be here all night.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I can sort of understand people's hatred of math-- it can be confusing at times. Bear in mind, I'm no genius, but I'm above average at it (I skipped two grades in math when I was in school, which meant that I was maintaining a D average in grade 11 Honors Trigonometry when I was a high school freshman--the Peter Principle at its finest), and it's fascinating stuff if you look at it from a certain angle.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
David M Mallon wrote:
I can sort of understand people's hatred of math-- it can be confusing at times.

Crazy talk!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
David M Mallon wrote:
I can sort of understand people's hatred of math-- it can be confusing at times. Bear in mind, I'm no genius, but I'm above average at it (I skipped two grades in math when I was in school, which meant that I was maintaining a D average in grade 11 Honors Trigonometry when I was a high school freshman--the Peter Principle at its finest), and it's fascinating stuff if you look at it from a certain angle.

You are being too obtuse.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I have been f*%$ing s++! up in Skyrim, I've figured out how to do the whole dragon soul to shout paradigm, been beefing up on health and conjuring and two handed weapons and one handed, as well as armor, which by the way is hilariously piecemeal, with Orcish armor, dwarven boots, hide bracers, scaled helmet and an elven shield (all pimped out with magic, getting the means to summon ice atronach is next on my to do list of devastation, also f++*ing up the Thalmor embassy.

Finally The Stormtrooper rebellion and some other group want me to join their team, but which if any should I join, I guess this is why I wish I could see the subtitles.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
David M Mallon wrote:
Drejk wrote:
You could be on Mars before the turn of the century if you were using metric!
And, of course, there's this travesty of human error...

LOL. My first tech job was teaching engineers to program our real-time operating system. Obviously, we got a lot of aerospace and defense in our classes.

And yeah, my friend got a couple of the guys from THAT little goof in one of his classes.

For some reason they didn't want to talk about it.

EDIT: Favorite-ever on-site: The customer's contract stipulated that I had to be escorted by an armed guard at all times. (Yes, "armed" was in the contract.) For security reasons, I taught the course in an abandoned building. So this poor guy had to escort me through the 115-degree heat to the abandoned building every day in his bulletproof vest and gun belt. And we both wondered what the heck I was going to do in an empty building...


4 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

For some reason they didn't want to talk about it.

The mind boggles.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:

DAMMIT EVERYONE STOP BEING TALLER THAN ME!

That said, I would LOVE a mangaesque height chart for FaWtL....

I'm roughly 6', myself.

Sometimes very roughly.

128,001 to 128,050 of 243,551 << first < prev | 2556 | 2557 | 2558 | 2559 | 2560 | 2561 | 2562 | 2563 | 2564 | 2565 | 2566 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.